Marvel is FUCKED

>Civil War is a sales dud (for an event)
>Marvel NOW has almost no hype
>Pre-orders are dire
>Will almost certainly be an underordered dud

Holy shit, it's pretty much over.

Other urls found in this thread:

comichron.com/monthlycomicssales/2015.html
the-numbers.com/movies/franchise/Marvel-Cinematic-Universe#tab=summary
forbes.com/sites/markhughes/2016/08/26/disney-owns-2016-box-office-with-four-highest-grossing-films-of-the-year/#634c47c44137
forbes.com/sites/scottmendelson/2016/08/31/suicide-squad-was-a-hit-tarzan-wasnt-a-bomb-warner-bros-surprisingly-solid-summer/#45aa54737a77
comicsalliance.com/enior-sales-executive-david-gabriel-interview-icv2/
boxofficeflops.com/articles/when-does-a-movie-break-even-at-the-box-office/
boxofficemojo.com/movies/?page=weekly&id=petesdragon2016.htm
forbes.com/sites/scottmendelson/2013/04/25/iron-man-3-caught-in-dispute-between-disney-and-top-theater-chains/#356e81b3521b
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Virtual_Print_Fee
bleedingcool.com/2016/09/30/marvel-will-claw-back-marketshare-come-december/
icv2.com/articles/news/view/35282/icv2-interview-marvels-david-gabriel-part-3
icv2.com/articles/news/view/35283/icv2-interview-marvels-david-gabriel-part-2
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

Yep, Marvel is dead. Remember to short Disney, they're definitely going to go bankrupt

>He thinks Disney would think twice about shuddering the comics division

doesn't matter
they can have as many agenda pushing SJW comics being shit out and flop terribly because the next marvel movie will make them a trillion dollars

>a shop in ireland

And?

>comics industry
>actually mattering economically

this is what happens when you turn your company from a publisher of comic books, into a publisher of political propaganda pamphlets

>Disney giving a shit about the comic division

The movies are where the money's at right now. I don't see them worrying much about the comics right now.

>the next marvel movie will make them a trillion dollars
The movie division has already been moved out of Marvel and into Disney proper, user. The only thing left with Marvel is AoS and Netflix. The movie side has no involvement with Marvel whatsoever these days.

user they just need more variants and Disney will never let marvel comics die.
How long until they reboot he universe and come back to the basics?

>CWII tie-ins are losing sales instead of getting a bump

What are you nuts? The comics decision is basically a script mill now. Every event, every character is being carefully weighed, measured, and found pleasing to the hungry mouse.

>Marvel is FUCKED
Replace the F with a C and you'd be correct.

>potato terrorists have taste
Whoa.

> 2015 sales of diamond titles is about $579 million
comichron.com/monthlycomicssales/2015.html

> worldwide boxoffice of the avengers is >1.5 billion
the-numbers.com/movies/franchise/Marvel-Cinematic-Universe#tab=summary

Good, let it die.
Let this age be the one that left the final nail in the coffin.

that's what happens when you unilaterally push an agenda instead of having tokens

I'd imagine the comics are basically advertisement campaigns for the movies as far as disney is concerned

As long as they help keep the BRAND of marvel relevant between the movie releases and don't run at too big of a loss (and they're not even at a loss) they get a pass

Keep in mind that this is one store. A very popular store, but only one.

Now, if/when we see this happening across multiple stores, THEN we can prep the champagne. Getting multiple stores for sales figures and opinions is something Bleeding Cool has been doing right when it comes to analyzing Marvel and DC's sales numbers.

No this is good.
We have to burn out the cancer at it's source.
If this is what it takes for Marvel to stop paying Bendis money, its worth it.

This

Last time I saw DC is selling really well, and Marvel is selling only slightly less than usual, so it's also less dire then one might think.

Also, Marvel and DC don't both survive month to month.

Quick needlessly contrive another established character into a microminority as clickbait

how are marvel sales compared to marvel sales tho? are they losing or did dc just get a huge bump.

It's probably like this, don't get me wrong i want marvel to fall really bad, so they're actually start to make good comics again, but as long as they geting money they probably give a fuck about the quality of their product, i know there still good comics this year like Vision and Moonknight, but other than that it's been pretty shit from Marvel this year.

At the end if they keep getting money those horrible writers and artist are still gonna be there because they can afford a lost of money

they're eventually going to run out of GOOD years of comics to adapt though
it'll take a while but

I wonder if this could make them backpedaling like DC did?

I know DC is on the mend right now and that's great or whatever, but I'm still mad for what they did to Earth 2.
Granted Marvel does a lot of stupid shit too, pretty much all Bendis bull-crap, but at least you can read around it most of the time. Not now, because Civil War 2 is getting it's Bendis stink on everything, but most of the time.
Earth 2 was one book. About an entire universe. And they tanked it. And now I sit here with an Earth-2 shaped whole in my heart.
And I just can't be arsed to care about DC anymore.
The Green Lantern books are looking better. I mean they're not up to John's caliber but baby steps.

They wrote a shitty event that no one asked for to milk the name from the movie. So now they pay for it.

The solution is simple: go back to writing stuff that doesn't suck.

As always the irish fight against anglo-jewish degenerates

One can only hope.

Would they have the balls to eliminate some unnecessary characters and actually give a character to others? seriously if you nerf Miles and make him something different like Peter protege it could work better

>The solution is simple: go back to writing stuff that doesn't suck.
It's called everything Al Ewing writes, and they've been doing it for a while now. They just need to hype it more.
For more information on the works of Ewing, go buy everything he's written.
His Mighty Avengers run that turned into his Captain America and the Mighty Avengers run.
His New Avengers run that will soon be turning into USAvengers.
And his Ultimates run which will soon sunder the very nature of the Marvel Universe and also be turning into an Ultimates^2 run.
He also wrote Captain Britain and the Mighty Defenders during Secret Wars, and I think he wrote an issue of Avengers Assemble during Age of Ultron.

Marvel the actual comics company is nothing to Disney. The money it makes is less than the change stuck in the cushions of the couches at Disney HQ. Disney bought Marvel for the IP, not as a comic publisher. Marvel's fortunes have zero effect on Disney's.

They just did a reboot. Secret Wars was a non-reboot reboot.

But can Disney saves Marvel in time of need or they could let them die, because they just care about the movie and march?

Even if Marvel shut down today, there's decades worth of stories to be mined already.

>> 2015 sales of diamond titles is about $579 million

Holy shit I knew the American comics industry was small but that's laughable.

why is Solo, of all characters, getting a book yet FF isn't?

Because why not? Marvel has enough money to allow these random ass characters to get their own book even if it's cancled at six issues at least they are giving them a chance.

Ultimates is the best Fantastic Four book in years.

It adds up. Disney has Marvel and Star Wars, but they're still not doing too hot last I checked because everything else is doing mediocre to failing. Two thirds of their movies are duds(including other stuff they expected to take off like the Alice sequel), ESPN is shrinking rapidly, and mismanagement in general is fucking them up(because who the fuck premieres a Star Wars series on extended cable).

I don't think Disney would let Marvel shut down, if only because that would be bad PR for the brand.

I imagine if things got really dire Disney would send in their own people to take over and kick Marvel into shape.

>give Black Knight a chance
>put Tieri on him
Still mad. Although it may just be my curse that Tieri is the only person in this world beside me and a couple of other anons who in his own twisted way cares about Black Knight and I'm not a writer.

Because ANAD Deadpool sold well and they think the Mercs will be able to hold ongoings using their affiliation with Dudepeel.

Solo couldn't even beat Songbird in the Hasbro poll.

>Disney would send in their own people to take over and kick Marvel into shape

Would this be better or worse?

Just means the Mouse is going to clean up the House of Ideas soon.

I hope they bring in more of their people from animation. I would love to see a comic done by the Pixar story team (that's aiming unrealistically high, though).

It can't be worse.

Could the mouse kick Bendis out adter all his done, can you imagine Marvel saves by the mouse or get worse, but at this point i don't really know

>they're still not doing too hot last I checked

Check again. 2016 has been an unbelievably good year for Disney. They already have 4 billion-dollar movies out, and may add two more by year's end.

forbes.com/sites/markhughes/2016/08/26/disney-owns-2016-box-office-with-four-highest-grossing-films-of-the-year/#634c47c44137

Trying to argue Disney isn't doing well isn't just wrong, it's not even sane. I know people love their company wars, but try to stay in reality.

It never fails to astound me that there are people who actually buy capecomics.

I don't begrudge comic fans in general, there's a lot of cool comics out there, but they aren't Marvel or DC.

I keep wondering why Disney is so content to let Marvel comics just sit in their own shit. Like, they must have the resources/personnel to put in place to right the ship.

Kill yourself cuck.

I miss this kind of pretentious elitism on Cred Forums. I haven't seen it in a while.

Hell, even Jungle Book is raking it in.

Disney has already announced Happy Hogan is doing Lion King next.

I'm not giving up my love of Punisher.

If anything, they would go full-on official MCU synergy.

It's because the actual comics market is so tiny compared to Disney's other stuff that it just doesn't matter. They don't care what happens with it.

Even if Marvel was doing spectacularly well right now, "spectacularly" for comics means tens of thousands of issues, maybe hundreds of thousands, which would still bring in virtually nothing relative to Disney's other holdings.

I guess it's just the wrong side of caring.
Ideally, it would mean that they'd let writers do whatever crazy shit they want with the books and characters.
But they have a bunch of idiots behind the wheel, and no reason to ask them to step aside.

Is anyone surprised by this? The majority of Marvel's movie fans don't read comics.

Well that's it, Marvel is rpobably not going to change from what's now in at least 5 years unless they feel like they're really losing something

Unfortunately nearly all of the people who read the comics watch the movies.

Yeah but Pete's Dragon, Alice, and the BFG were all huge bombs. Disney has no movies that are moderately successful; just disasters and hits.

Movie rights.

>2016
>being an indiecuck

hmmmm yes I too love movie pitches

Reminder that the only way marvel can beat DC is that they start pushing the x-men for good.

Never I thought Id say this but
THANK GOD FOR THE IRISH

Isn't Disney going through some shit now because people aren't buying ESPN in their cable bundles?

Ewing books and Carnage are the only Marvel books worth reading tbph famu.

Yeah, but like people already say in the thread it really nothing to them it's the same with Marvel comics, they get more money from the movies and merch unless the state of Marvel comics start affecting this 2 Disney is gonna keep give them all the liberty they want, so don't get your hopes up user, the dark times are going to be here for a while

No.

The Irish get along with everyone until they've had a few then they get along with no one

Which is why you can argue Disney isn't doing so hot. Yeah, they have four billion dollars, but that shit cost half that just to make. Then you need to nix another billion for production and marketing for movies that completely bombed.

I mean yeah that's a billion dollars, but none of that acutally counts the property Disney has to rent out or the employees that need to get paid outside production or any of the other costs that aren't covered in the production and advertising of individual films.

Remember that The Good Dinosaur made like 300 million dollars and it was STILL Pixar's first financial failure. Disney is in a position where ANY movie that doesn't rake in half a billion dollars is now a risk. Because it literally costs half a billion just to get something to market.

Too bad everywhere else besides Cred Forums thinks NA sucks.

Now wait a second. Is this a thinly veiled attempt of a DC fan to troll marvel fans, or is this a thinly veiled attempt from a basement dweller to get attention?

New comic reader relatively speaking. I find the once a year crossover events to be fucking exhausting

you'll have them and you'll like them, Marvel says

The problem isn't Event Fatigue, it's Bad Event Fatigue.
They're not good stories, they never hit their deadlines so everything gets thrown out of order, and they don't matter nearly as much as what Marvel will tell readers.
They should try smaller scale events just to see how they go.

No, you twit. That's not what the problem is. Only like three or four Marvel books have that shit in them. The number of people who actually get outraged by it, or the people who support it, are a microscopic percentage of the audience and most don't actually buy or read comics anyway.

The problem is that Marvel doesn't have anything interesting right now, and by that I really mean gimmicks. There's nothing that's making readers run out to comic shops, nothing being written about in the fucking Times, no crazy change ups that get casuals talking. Yes, Whor is retarded, but the controversy around it caused it to sell really well and get asses in the stores.

Civil War II is being written like a mid-2000's event instead of a modern one. Shock deaths don't make people buy the book anymore, because it just makes them mad and they can see crops from pages posted on a blog or on Cred Forums or on Facebook.

CWII is also the single most blatant example of moviefag pandering to the point even moviefags think it's ridiculous.

New readers brought in by the movies are now tired of relaunches and crossover events fucking with their books and are ready to just burn out. It's ironic that DC has gained this erroneous reputation for "constant reboots" when Marvel literally ignores 95%+ of their continuity and relaunches books sometimes even twice in the same year.

There's no real movie hype coming until Guardians of the Galaxy 2 and Infinity War either.

Rebirth came along at an absolute perfect time when people were becoming disillusioned with Marvel and this new jumping on point left many intrigued to try DC out instead. It promised a back-to-basics approach with no status quo gimmicks and no big crossover event to keep up with, it just said "Get Batman Rebirth and start reading".

Rebirth would not have been as successful as it is if Marvel weren't fucking up bad, and Marvel wouldn't be fucking up as badly as they are if Rebirth wasn't so successful.

Who are these people who slander the works of Ewing? Tell me their names so they may be shown the errors of their ways.

>Marvel's comics suck.
>Marvel's animation sucks.
>Marvel's video games suck.
>Marvel being held afloat by their movies.

Why am I not even surprised?

It's been shit for a while.

>video games
WHERE?
Far as I'm concerned they're only making glorified phone apps these days.

>tfw we'll never getting another USM or X-Men Legends

What does Ewing's cock taste like?

My daddy's.

Salt Water Taffy. Why what's Bendis' taste like douche?

My daddy's.

Comic books, at this point in time, are nothing more than the "gateway drug" that recruits future cinema seat-fillers. The fact that the books themselves make diddly squat makes no difference to Disney/Warner Bros...their dividends pay off at the box office and through merchandising.

That's the thing; they had X-Men Legends, which was awesome, then they had Ultimate Alliance, which was also awesome, and the tie-in Wolverine game which was surprisingly good. You also had MvC, to a degree, but now it's just mobile shit.

How weird, I got into comics trough Marvel, even now most of the comics I read are Marvel and yet when I hear there's a possibility they'll be suffering for one reason or another it brings me joy.

I beg to differ, m'failure.

Do they even need to adapt stories?

I'd rather have my capeshit written by an actual film writer than based on a pre-existing story by some SJW.

This is what happen when your comic panders to someone who don't buy comics. Stop with the SJW shit Marvel.

>ooh look at me i'm so powerful
He irritates me so much I just want to bust a nut all over his face.

>Yeah but Pete's Dragon, Alice, and the BFG were all huge bombs. Disney has no movies that are moderately successful; just disasters and hits.

Tim Warner made over 20 big budget films this year, many of which underperformed.

Sony isn't doing much better either. A lot of it is bad leadership.

Yeah, there's a lot of shifting nonsense and bullshit from both the big two. All you can do is try to read around, and recognize that both companies are seemingly retarded overall.

Its not even that, just look at their lineup for marvel now. It looks worse than the 90s avengers cartoon. Whats worse is they're forcing their newer characters to fill big roles and expecting everyone to believe it.

You expect me to believe that Moongirl is literally the smartest person in the MU, fuck off.

>Only like three or four Marvel books have that shit in them

EVERY SINGLE MARVEL BOOK HAS NOTHING BUT THAT SHIT IN THEM AND YOU FUCKING KNOW IT.

Stop defending indefensibly bad writing, you fucking cuck.

Why do you guys keep thinking Disney would shut down Marvel? Do you have any idea what kind of damage that would do to public perception of the brand as a whole?

If anything, it would mean them bailing them out with a briefcase of cash wrapped in red tape. Heads would be replaced, and writers would be expected to follow a list of guidelines similar to the Star Wars writers.

They aren't going anywhere.

When Marvel NOWer has worse sales than Civil War the lesson that they will choose to learn is that readers want MORE events and less "ages of this and that".

Honestly, who is going to get invested in these new characters when Marvel can just have Arcade kill them willy-nilly for another shit event?

They wouldn't kill off marvel. But they'll do what they can to make it look more appealing. Like what they they're doing to ESPN.

It's because their current course of business is self-destructive. They're murdering the golden goose.

At the very worst they'll probably downsize the comics division. They won't outright cut it off because of the backlash it would cause.

But it looks like that doesn't actually happen, if Marvel actually wanted to do that, they really should try advertising the books WITH the movies. They need an ad before the movie showing the books on sale and where you can get them.

Sell movie DVDs with comics. SOMETHING.

Source.

Which beggs to ask, why doesn't DC/Marvel advertise their comics?

I'm legit hyped to see what Mosaic and Infamous Iron Man are about. Dunno what Marvel Now actually is though. I am excited for Clone Conspiracy and I am reading Civil War II. I hope Marvel doesn't downsize it's comic division or something like that.

They should have learned from Nu52 that being SJWs don't sell comics.

Disney bought Marvel for the movies. He'll, at this point, they probably care about video games more than the comics.
If the comics shit the bed long enough, they're going to lose a lot of funding and have that money sent elsewhere.

Remember, people hating them sells comics ;)

>What are you nuts? The comics decision is basically a script mill now. Every event, every character is being carefully weighed, measured, and found pleasing to the hungry mouse.

Not as much as you think anymore. When Feige split from Perlmutter last year to directly under Disney's Alan Horn, Marvel Comics lost the majority of the anchor they had to the movies themselves and vice versa. Disney and Feige can just mine 50 years worth of stories and base movies on that.

Besides, the whole thing is going to implode when RDJ leaves...

If you think Pax Americana was about power levels, you're a fucking retard.

Do pre-order numbers actually mean anything? In all my years, I've preordered a book only once.

Pft, as if.

They can just reboot if they ever run out of comics to adapt. We're getting another Spiderman reboot now.Hulk got rebooted some time ago. I wouldn't be surprised if they reboot Ironman once RDJ calls it quits on being Ironman.

I lived long enough to see your casual comic book buyer to finally turn on Bendis bullshit.

Marvels gets sales comes from diamond, and diamond gets their orders from LCS. So if less people are pre-ordering, your LCS is going to order less so they don't have back stock, which hurts MArvels bottom line.

Infamous Iron Man is Dr Doom using Tony's armor for reasons. But he still uses the green cloak so you know it's him!
>Dunno what Marvel Now actually is
It's literally Marvel backtracking to their previous brand prior to the "All New All Diverse" brand. The previous brand was also called "Marvel Now!", but this time the logo is shattered so you know it's even NOWer and more original than ever before! Marvel house of ideas.

But I see you're actually excited for Clone Conspiracy, so no amount of common sense will get through to you. Keep being part of the problem.

>it's a fanboy wars thread

Somebody save a new good reaction image then jump the gun on using it? It happens to all of us.

>A company that reuses the same 100 or so characters isn't infinitely sustainable
whoa you dont say

I don't think this picture knows what a centrist is.

Now if they'd just use the Kingdoms books as a starting point for new theme park movies.

I mean shit, they're already planning to do Figment 3 after the Tiki Room mini they're starting next week wraps.

you read me like a book

Ain't that the truth

Takes around 3 years to crap out a movie from start to finish. Gives them just enough time for another comic run

>Heroic Age directly followed Siege which ended in May 2010
>Fear Itself started in April 2011
Is Brevoort senile or just dumb

Do you mean literal 1:1? That would mean wiping hundreds of characters out of existence

Well think about what they did with The New 52 in the first place. Years of continuity jettisoned away for an unnecesary and poorly planned reboot.

One of the biggest reasons the New52 failed is because DC took existing, loved characters, rebooted them, and then put a bunch of minorities in place of them that nobody cared about.

Marvel's doing the same thing now and it's ironic they didn't learn a damn thing from DC

I imagine they make more from toy/merch sales

>its another "Marvel is doomed" thread on Cred Forums

boy do I enjoy these company wars bullshit threads. Almost as much as the last time Marvel or DC took a dip in sales

NU52 intially did extremely well, Its what most likely caused the final nail to the Ultimate universe.

>sells only 120,000
feels good to be a weeb

have American comic writers ever said the problems they face writing comics nowadays? Issues with PC deadlines etc.

You have such a narrow idea of what Disney does.

Theme parks all over the world, tv channels, and merchandise out the ass (can't stress that one enough). The money they make from DVD sales of their classics or even the garbage sequels is probably astronomical on its own.

Like that user said, saying Disney is in any kind of trouble is delusional

At least we all care about our guy and agree DanexSersi is the way to go.
>tfw I'm wrong and there are more Danefriends who like to pair him with Crystal or Faiza
I hate that Avengers Alliance didn't have Sersi as option.

Whatever could be causing this unexpected turn of events?

Marvel Studios makes much more faithful material than the comics. Marvel comics makes the kind of bastardisations Hollywood used to make in the 80s and 90s.

>European comic shops
>mattering
I mean that's nice but it's still the top selling Marvel comic and is only being outsold by Batman and a bunch of heavily promoted issue 1's. A lot of this is anecdotal evidence not really supported (sadly) by the sales figures so 10 LCS guys going "wow, at my store there's no interest" doesn't mean shit at the end of the day, the book's still Marvel's top seller and they won't learn their lessons.

The relaunches have a shelf life of another 2-3 years max but comic fans will never learn not to buy event comics.

u wot m8

forbes.com/sites/scottmendelson/2016/08/31/suicide-squad-was-a-hit-tarzan-wasnt-a-bomb-warner-bros-surprisingly-solid-summer/#45aa54737a77

Warner had precisely one bomb (War Dogs,) and did better than pretty much every studio. 5 of the top 10 movies this summer are WB. They have a ton of movies made on tiny budgets that pull big numbers, as well as big movies that pull big numbers.

There's a reason they're the only studio that isn't either Disney or crashing and burning.

And lose MS. MARVEL IS FIRST MUSLIM SUPERHERO articles? Fuck no.
>muh polls
How is that Injustice Power Girl poll working out for you?

Nu52 failed because of weak editorial direction. Saleswise, there was at least one month were Aquaman was outselling the entire Marvel lineup.

>the kind of bastardisations Hollywood used to make in the 80s and 90s.
80s and 90s Hollywood cinema were never plagued with diversity propaganda and LBGT pandering.

I expect Ms Marvel sells much better in trades - it's aimed at people who don't usually read comics but hear about it through the media (you see it turn up on youtube 'booktube' videos). They should just switch to trades for things like that.

War Dogs bombed? That's a shame. I thought it was pretty decent.

>New readers brought in by the movies

WB is claiming they made money in other avenues but yeah.

They said, it's likely to do well on video since it is pretty well received.

Does this mean they'll stop making exclusively cape shit and American comics can finally enter a golden age where it's treated like an actual medium of entertainment full of all kinds of stories? Did they never understand why manga got so popular and why more people read webcomics than their stuff?

So basically have individual issues all be digital only and then put them in trades? Might as well.

Considering how low DC sales have been in the past, I think Marvel has a long ways to go. Overall comic sales are still better than they were 5 years ago.

Normally I would be against this kind of thing, but can The Mouse please step in and clean house? I mean say what you will about Disney, but I cant see them doing worse than current Marvel

80s and 90s media rode the token minority train hard. You didn't see LGBT stuff, but damn near everything included a black or Asian character and a chick.

Man, I'm bummed about Kubo. Star Trek too, I thought it was the best of the three.

I totally forgot there was a Ben-Hur remake. That really shows how bad it did.

Maybe Disney will finally step in and give Bendis and Brevoort the ol' heave-ho

Nope. The comics division is like a Hollywood studio butchering the source while the movie division is like an old-school comics division.

>80s and 90s media rode the token minority train hard.
Only in the sense of creating the "token black guy always dies first" meme.

But they did have a loose approach to adaptation.

Ew, pairing a knight and his squire?
That's downright Saracen.

Oh I know right? I'm mainly a Marvel reader but so long as Marvel is more concerned with pandering for brownie point with people who don't really give a shit about comics, any news of DC beating them out with Rebirth, a movement that actually shows service to the fans, I'm all for it. Maybe after seeing DC's success with their failures, Marvel will realize that maybe comic readers want actual good stories with their favorites rather than endless contoversy and course correct

>>He thinks Disney would think twice about shuddering the comics division

Shuttering is the word, as in to close the shutters of a shop window

Hey, I'm just a messenger.

My LCS isn't even ordering enough copies of Marvel books to keep in back issue stock anymore. He wants to make sure he sells out of all the Marvel books he orders cause the back issues don't sell for shit anymore. It's kind of depressing. I don't blame him either, he almost went bankrupt from the previous slew of Marvel #1's since people have caught on that #1s from Marvel don't mean shit anymore so he was just stuck with a fuckton of #1s that nobody wanted.

If Marvel was just smart and tried to hype up their quality comics like Daredevil, Moon Knight, Dr. Strange, Black Widow, and a small list of other titles they'd start to do a lot better business wise. But nope, gotta peddle out bullshit event books and crossovers and endless relaunches and so on cause apparently Marvel is being ran by a bunch of chimps.

Marvel Rebirth when?

It's just DCfags enjoying their time in the sun user, it's annoying, but no less so than the "Reset the clock" threads shit posters were spamming not too long ago. Honestly I'm hyped DC got back on its feet, they will make Marvel realize no one wants Bendis' stuff and will be forced to switch things up.

Honestly if Marvel doesn't do a complete fucking revamp and start pumping out quality for all their titles like DC is doing, by let's say March of next year then they'll officially be the most incompetent Comic company of the last 3 decades.

20 years from now, when the MCU is over, Marvel will be kicking itself for ruining its comics for the sake of movies. Then they will probably try some form of DAMAGE CONTROL, maybe another secret wars or a Crisis ripoff. Then maybe a new ultimate universe, a new "ultimate" MCU and ad infinitum

In twenty years, Peterfags and X-fags will be dead and won't pull Marvel's numbers.

>Mosaic
>"Look at me I'm an inhuman rember us guys?"

I don't think their current line is half as bad as Cred Forums claims, they have more books that I'm enjoying right now than not, I just don't care about Civil War two, or Bendis' books, the ones they are trying to push (Ironman Miles Spiderman).

They should have just gone with a Captain Universe book.

Nah, they'll always be around.

Academia is the super-rare Shonen that remains true to the concept that made it popular. At least up to now.

It can all go to shit very fast.

Maybe you just have shit taste.

Did you forget that Amazing Spider-Man is now in the 70k range? Even with all those SUPER COOL Spider-themed events?

Peterfags probably, but X-fags? When new generations grow in world where vidyas have little X-Men, no X-Men cartoons and such?

They would. Even with the poor sales the comics give the movies and merchandise some sort of perceived validity.

Academia is so barebones it hurts to read. I read only the first three volumes tought, I don't know if it's gets better or not. Should I try again?

That's a good argument, you could be right, maybe I'm just weird for not looking for things to hate and following memes. I guess what they say about Cred Forums not being one person is true.

good, to much crud over the decades

More likely they'll just created a more kid friendly line drawn like arches or guriharu

That is a fucking retarded stance Marvel has taken. Are they really so egotistical that they think Fox needs them? Nothings stopping Fox from making it's own stories with the X-Men

>>"ultimate" MCU
>>UMCU

>>FEATURING:

>>Whor
>>Nigress Iron Man
>>Miles Morales
>>Cap Wilson

>>CAMEO BENDIS

>>AND
>>EVEN
>>MORE
>>QUIPS

oh man, it's gonna be worse than ghostbusters

Marvels still going to beat DC in October and November because they whored out Champions to schoolastic and they have at least 10 books at $4.99

I don't know why anybody would pay for Marvel these days. They don't respect you as a customer

If you didn't like it after three volumes, what makes you think you'd like it now? It's gone back to the school/testing formula, at least it hasn't hit battle shonen bullshit yet. Fuck Jump for ruining so many good comedies for that bullshit.

>implying every media outlet out there would shill the fuck out of Diversity Brigade

>Are they really so egotistical that they think Fox needs them?
Egotistical and petty, yes.

It probably is not your kind of story. It's simplicity is what let's the story arcs remain short despite the large cast and jokes.

you forgot kamala

>Are they really so egotistical that they think Fox needs them?

It's Marvel. Why do you think?

I'm actually siding with the conspiracy theorists that Marvel is setting this up as their own DCYou to make there next relaunch be met with more positivity like Rebirth was. The problem with that is that it's not genuine. For all their faults DC does seem to care about their fans

>what makes you think you'd like it now?
It happens with shonens sometimes. the main problem to me is that the MC and his cringy rival are bad. I mean really bad.

His childhood friend gets better. After getting kidnapped and after All Might takes down All for One while using up the rest of his One for All that he had left. If you can't tell me why you hate the MC, then I can't tell you if his changes are any improvement you're looking for.

it's too whiney for my tastes.

Still whiny, though he has the power now to now be as whiny.

>implying Breakfast Club with superheroes will suck
>Teen Trinity
>only good member of O5
>best robogirl
>based Waid
Marvelhater pls go.

Not. Whatever, I enjoy it, especially the new cast from a rival school and naked slime girl.

I've seen this and the high selling chart and I have to wonder if Disney beat WB or if they drew. WB didn't hit the same heights but Disney sank to deeper lows

>Waid
>Based
Top fucking lel

I think I'll try again, I just catch up with Black "I'm totally not Naruto guys" Clover (still funnier than the Naruto after Pain Saga) and I was searching for something else to read.

>spending 4$ for 20 pages full of ads you can read in 1 minutes

Nope.

>4

More like 5 for Marvel shit

Ouch.

>It's called everything Al Ewing writes

Honestly I don't see why people preaise Ewing's writing so much. It's like a certain demographic of Cred Forums have never read 2000Ad writer before and now think he's the best thing since sliced bread due to the novelty of it being so different.

I mean, his writing is okay, but certainly not worth all the fanatic worship it gets.

This was probably the first sign things were going to be bad. Remember that CBR is usually Marvel shill central.

I think it's by comparison to most other Marvel comics out at this time.

So it's clear Marvel will still beat out DC in October and November since Rebirth is done with all it's new releases but what do you guys think December will look like?

Is something important being published in December?

Hard to say. Depends on whether there could be a launch that gets as acclaimed as Ms. Marvel.

Jeff Lemire was suppose to be the next big thing. He was suppose to be one of the big writers at DC.

But, like the bitch punk he was, he went Marvel exclusive and he's stuck writing C listers instead of top books.

Meanwhile, Tom King stayed loyal and as such, he was rewarded with the fucking DC Gem, Batman.

Jesus that's savage.

Marvels launch is also done

Ms Marvel is acclaimed but it's not a huge seller

Yeah, I don't get it either.

Same also applies to Charles Soule. You don't even hear about Soute anymore since he went Marvel exclusive.

Tbh, Lemire followed muh artist friend when Sorrentino left for Marvel.
>Marvels launch is also done
Oh. I expect Solo to be cancelled, then.

If he stayed, he probably would have gotten Superman or Batman.

That's a really retarded stance you're taking. Why would they bother to keep feeding fox which already has years of food on its plate while starving themselves?

Cut fatty loose and start making stuff your own company can profit off of. You yourself admits fox doesn't need them so it's pissing money away to not make materials you can use for your own movies in this era of Marvel super hero movie dominance. It's only matter of time before DC catches up to where Marvel started. I mean SS finally beat out ironman and it needed to sell itself on batman's coat tails to do it.

Well when Lemire was DC exclusive he didn't get top dig titles. Then again he did a lit if crap at DC like JLD and while Frankenstein wasn't terrible, it kind if squandered all the potential it had, that title could've been great. Lemire is just inconsistent.

Ouch.

>yfw all DC's new minis sell better than half of Nower next month

4.99$ for a lot of title

i wonder how kids or even adults can do it

He was always a meme.

They have decades anoin, decades. And like I said if they ever ran out they can just make thir own shit. You know what maybe this is just an excuse and we think Marvel is sabotaging the X-Men when in reality they're just shit comics like everything else they're releasing because Marvel has lost its touch

>You don't even hear about Soute anymore since he went Marvel exclusive.

Because he's been writing the Inhumans books, and NOBODY wants to read the Inhumans. I mean, there's Daredevil too but I gave up on it like two issues in because it was so dull and I hated the new status quo. I actually enjoyed his She-Hulk.

Doubt it.

>It's only matter of time before DC catches up to where Marvel started.

What do you mean? DC made more money with it's first 3 films than Marvel did. Shit, Hulk was a flop

Not to mention Deadpool is going to be $9.99 because they know they can exploit people collecting it

You're kidding...right?

I hope marvel has to cut back, the bull shit they pulled was just bad business

I wish I was user. What bothers me about this is that most comic readers don't watch sales or read solicitations like we do because we're just a little bit more autistic. So they go out to get their comics and they find out their next issue is 3 times more expensive.

It's shit like this why I don't support Marvel anymore

I've been enjoying OML, Extraordinary X-Men and Moon Knight, sure it's not his best work but still enjoyable.

They put out like three $9.99 issues of Deadpool this year. Notice they didn't do this with other titles.

What the flying fuck? There are trades cheaper than that. His can people seriously still defend Marvel?

Moon Knight, maybe, if you enjoy being weird for the sake of being weird. But Old Man Logan is pure garbage recycling the same goddamn story beat every arc, the flashbacks add nothing to the story. The only thing enjoyable is Sorrentino's art. X-men is just dumb and fails to be interesting at all, but I guess you could argue it's due to the godawful M-Pox direction.

>Ms Marvel is acclaimed but it's not a huge seller

It's not selling as much as Slott Spider-Man, but it sells somewhat consistently and does well in trades (was high on Bookscan charts last year) and digital.

>he hasnt read Ultron Forever
You are in for a treat user

Charles Soule definitely was in line to be on a major book, they pushed him like crazy.

comicsalliance.com/enior-sales-executive-david-gabriel-interview-icv2/

>David Gabriel also talked about the rise of Deadpool over the past decade, and noted that “Deadpool is our Batman.” Every few months there seems to be a new issue of the ongoing Deadpool series that is oversized and retails for $9.99, and this interview reveals this tactic comes specifically from Gabriel’s office.

>"Editors will come in say so-in-so wants to make an issue triple-sized one month because his story is so big. And we say, that’s not a good idea, because when you look at the curve of sales, then we won’t do it. But if there’s something that we can get behind and market and promote, it does very well. For whatever reason, Deadpool at $9.99 sells phenomenally well. And the editor groans when we say we should do another one in a couple of months, because they do very well. They almost double in sales from the regular $3.99 issue."
>While this approach is profitable now, it arguably punishes regular readers of the Deadpool ongoing comic book. In the past, oversized issues have been fairly self contained, but an upcoming issue features the first part of the payoff to the big Madcap storyline that has been building for over a year, so regular readers may begin to resent the strategy. Marvel will no doubt continue with the oversized books until it sees sales falter.

So, over/under 2.5 years before Marvel Rebirth?

Under. Give it a year

The MCU has a very different approach to characters like Scarlet Witch, of not constantly fucking up like the comics division does.

Marvel has allowed itself to get complacent.

Ask again next summer, when Civil War II ends.

I owe Marvel a lot for my current love of comics, but it's hard to support a company that seems to thrive on spiting their fanbase.

As a Marvel fan, this makes me happy.

That shit goes into fucking Summer? I thought it ends this year?

Depends on how well Marvel Now 2 does.

If it does really well in spite of the negative perception it's been receiving from fans and retailers, then it'll be a long time before their Rebirth.

But if it is true a lot of retailers are treating this like they are with DCYou and fan perception matches that CBR poll, then that Rebirth's gonna be in less than 2.5 years.

Civil War II's main title seems to be doing well (at least it seems like it's doing better than Age of Ultron and Axis), but there's been talk about how it's actually harming the sales on tie-in titles.

Marvel is fucked

>If it does really well in spite of the negative perception

Pre orders are in the toilet. It's DOA

>They wrote a shitty event that no one asked for to milk the name from the movie.
Twice.

For a mega event it's doing poorly. I think it only topped the charts once and that's pathetic. and yeah the Civil War II banner on other books is harming the sales when it helped in the past

To be specific, the $9.99 issues are #7, 13, and (upcoming) #21.

And looking at the sales chart for Deadpool:

11/15 Deadpool #1 - 268,392 [+6,587]
11/15 Deadpool #2 - 92,008 (-65.7%)
12/15 Deadpool #3 - 72,357 (-21.4%)
12/15 Deadpool #4 - 63,149 (-22.7%)
01/16 Deadpool #5 - 59,645 (- 5.5%)
01/16 Deadpool #6 - 59.006 (- 1.1%)
02/16 Deadpool #7 - 88,264 (+49.6%)
03/16 Deadpool #8 - 72,706 (-17.6%)
04/16 Deadpool #9 - 57,798 (-20.5%)
04/16 Deadpool #10- 64,509 (+11.6%)
05/16 Deadpool #11- 62,900 (- 2.5%)
05/16 Deadpool #12- 57,805 (- 8.1%)
06/16 Deadpool #13- 78,536 (+35.9%)
06/16 Deadpool #14- 63,334 (-19.4%) (CV2)
07/16 Deadpool #15- 62,108 (- 1.9%) (CV2)

shows that David Gabriel is right in that they almost doubled in sales. But #13 seems to have gotten lower sales than #7. This makes me wonder what #21's sales will be like.

it wil get delayed again.

They would do their own version of Rebirth, but using the MCU as a base

That's no Rebirth. That's suicide. The movies haven't helped sales if they make the 616 like the MCU they will drive away more loyal fans than they already have

Good to know but that bar diagram is terrible fucking christ, the key better just be out of view.

They didn't double in sales, not even close but it is a boost and the price is much higher so it is profitable despite being fucking shitty.

>They didn't double in sales

But the man said they did. You wouldn't call Marvel liars now would you?

No he said they "almost" doubled in sales. And 49.6% is almost double, so technically he isn't wrong. The 35.9% one I'm not sure would count.

So he was being clever and using profit % but trying to make it sound like units sold was doubled?

At the same time, even. They had to print an additional mini series so X-Men could also tie into Civil War somehow.

>tfw CWII tie-in sold the worst

It's a pity. His Swamp Thing was the best Swampy run in ages, and now he's just doing nondescript grunt work.

>New 53 failed
When this meme is going to end?

Marvel Rebirth where they go back to the Bronze Age when

When it stops being true. You act as if memes don't have a grain of truth

It was never true, retard.

Looks like some one needs me to bust a nut across their face.

It's hard to think otherwise when one movie makes more than the comics industry makes in an entire year.

The comics suck! Alot of the headline writers are shameless hacks that have no passion for their work.

That's not even an exaggeration, Bendis, Slott, and Humphreys have collectively made every big name in their comics filled with pretty bad writing.

I fucking hope it's over, after what bendis has done to the Marvel comic book industry and single handed making me drop all my favorite books, I really hope the comics crash and burn so they can start over and hire new writers who actually care about their readers instead of being progressive.

You guys know that Marvel's next big event will be a relaunch/reboot that brings back Bruce Banner, Wolverine, X-Men, Fantastic Four, Captain America etc... which'll get massive sales even though it's by the same hack writers.

As a long reader of Marvel all I can say is good. I don't even have the motivation to go to my comic store to cancel my subs for it.

Which is why Marvel is doomed. They can't create stories without making gimmicks. For fuck's sakes, the only prominent story at Marvel right now is Hydra Cap.

>As long as they help keep the BRAND of marvel relevant

If DC managed to somehow solidify their position as #1 in the market, which is entirely possible if Marvel NOW is a big-time bomb and DC manages to keep the momentum with announcements in October, there is a very real chance Disney will NOT be happy with being seen as a loser in the market, even if it's a niche one. I don't know if they'd shutter the entire publishing division, but imagine MAJOR changes are going to happen and that they will fire pretty much all of the top brass and replace them with faceless suits churning out paint by numbers crap.

If only there was anything appealling on this cover...

Is this real?

Lel.

Disney has their back
they are safe

>go back to writing stuff that doesn't suck.
But EVERYTHING sucks!

Always has, always will.

hmm... just like Poles. Now I understand why brits hate them

Yes. Yes it is.

Ewing is mostly celebrated because he respects all continuity and has a personal preference for underused obscure characters

So, everything that a casual new fan doesn't want.

Do you see the problem?

Ewing sucks

Quick, shuffle around creative teams and bring in new people, launch titles and give me a line of comics that would save Marvel, a mixture of high quality and high selling. Be realistic though, no DC exclusives.

Yeah, most comic writers are barely above fanfaction.net level, and you could even argue that modern capes really are fanfiction, to all intents and purposes.

I hope Bendis gets raked over the coals for CW 2.

Hell, I'm more of a Marvel guy, and even I think they deserve the sales hit.

This is just a meme statement, never even backed up by an opinion.

>and has a personal preference for underused obscure characters
Once the novelty fades you realize that he's...just not a very good writer.

Furthermore I would say that his obsession with continuity has landed him gigs that are not accessible for new readers because it uses elements and picks up plotlines from other titles.

This

Cred Forums sucks his dick because he includes their flavor of the month waifu a la Lemire

Why? It's basically their only good selling title. Well, that and Spider-man, I guess.

How does that make him a bad writer?

You guys just don't explain it, it makes you look like a retarded hive mind.

>Rebirth is worth legit money on the collector market
>Marvel now literally being sold for pennies

>makes you look like a retarded hive mind.
Funny YOU should say that.

Good sales = / = good work. Civil War 2's writing has been a clusterfuck since the start.

Hell, even other writers have had to retcon some of how Bendis wrote the events so that they don't sound pants-on-head retarded.

Sales on Civil War 2 aren't really that good.

Considering it's hot on the heels of the movie, being written by Marvel's premiere talent, and is a sequel to one of the biggest comic events ever, it should be doing nearly twice the numbers its doing realistically.

Has Spider-man gotten better? I kind of dropped it after the superior spider-man run.

Hell I'm a pretty hardcore marvel guy, and I actually stopped reading everything they put out. Last time I actually checked in was when I heard Doom is being made into a good guy for some reason (which I don't understand the logic behind at all).

I've actually been reading a lot more DC stuff lately since there's been some pretty interesting things going on. But that might just be because I was out of the loop on DC stuff for a pretty long time.

Spider-Man is selling because of Mister Miles "OP shock attack" Morales and the Spiderman name.

Change the name and voila! The sales start going really bad.

Also, Civil War is selling less and less now, and doing really bad numbers for an event.

Look, I usually like Marvel books, but Bendis, Breevort, Alonso, Quesadilla and whoever the fuck allowed them to go with the rage sell strategy needs to get the fuck out.

Then, start fixing the issues with X-Men and FF.

It's marvel, they don't give a shit about quality. Besides, their sales are in the gutter, now of all times they need to concentrate on selling well.

I know a few friends (pretty hardcore Marvel guys for years), completely drop the comics.

I mean they've been thinking about it for a while now, a lot of Marvel's pushes have really put them off for some time. But the writing for this event seemed to be the last straw.

actually the no was over 1000 with the other options only slightly increasing

COME ON DISNEY! REBOOT THE COMICS ALREADY!

NEO MARVEL UNIVERSE! COHERENT PLANNING, PROFESSIONAL WRITERS! DITCH THE FAILURES!

Explain why he's good and not average

Or do you drones not know good anymore?

I feel bad for Tieri, he was at some panels at BCC and he seemed super likeable, but he's super mediocre. One of those writers no one will remember

I'm saying maybe if it wasn't infuriating, it might sell better.

This is meme logic and retarded Cred Forums-esque math. It's easily in the top 3 each month it comes out while having an inflated price compared to the other top 10 titles(except Spider-man). It's a piece if shit but it's selling well. Deal with it

oh, so you think that Slapstick, Solo and some whatevers are going to burn the charts? What makes you think that Fox can't for example rip-off an avengers story, only change the characters?

Miles Spider isn't selling, OG is.

He entertains me and I enjoy the references and plots he comes up with, what more do you want from a comic. Great stories is all that people ask for.

Barely holding over 100k sales for what should be the biggest event of the decade is fucking pathetic dude.

Secret Wars consistently sold nearly 100k issues more a month, there's no excuse for this.

That's not the marvel method, user.
Remember now, pissing off fans=better sales

Secret Wars was shit too. And CW is still selling better than Axis or Age of Ultron or Original Sin and Marvel smashed DC in the months those were being published.

>Marvel NOW has almost no hype
>almost exclusively continuations of current books
>Truly new titles: Slapstick, Solo, Foolkiller
Gee, I wonder why.

>references make comic good.
oh god

How are his stories good? Because they pander to you with some kaijus and waifus?

Way to only use one part of what he said to completely change his message, user.

Besides, tell me, if Ewing is indeed not your favorite writer (which might happen, not everything is for everyone, of course), who are your favorite writers?

Honest question, I would like to really know.

They're fun. And if you think Ziller isn't fun, drink bleach.

Well yes. Now fuck off contrarian.

Spurrier, PAD, Starlin, Tiziano Sclavi, Sakai for starters

I'm not a weaboo

I just find it pathetic. You guys literally are the "stop pandering to others and start pandering to me"-type

So? Fuck you you fun hating retard.

Haha holy shit, you're funny

>Tiziano Sclavi

my fellow italian brother!

I'm not italian, DD is really THAT popular, just like Nathan Never

Not him but King, Spurrier, Morrison, Moore, Milligan, Burns, Hanuka, Dalrymple, DeMatteis, Wagner, Ostrander.

Ewing does nothing for me

I don't want to be the guy who brings up tumblr but...many people on tumblr are openly complaining how the tie-ins are interrupting the storylines, forcing a tonal shift and messing up the narrative and make the book hard to follow.
Which, quite frankly, makes the so-called SJW market my favorite group in comics. Because seriously, fuck all and every single one fucking event.

> just like Nathan Never

Now I'm actually shocked. I have to check Italians comic popularity outside of Italy, apparently.

Huh, then you would like Visions, or I dunno, I don't think I can find books that might be similar to what you like in Marvel's current comics.

Maybe some of DC's works?

Anyways, as I was going for, yeah, Ewing is not perfect, but he's pretty much one of the few writers who actually both panders to every single fan of each character, while actually making a story that's connected, fun/interesting/gripping and fixes most issues of previous runs, and when you have a really bad state with editors and bad writers, he shines as one of the "best" writers.
I mean, that's why I like him, but if he's not your piece of cake, it's alright.
But I mean, what could be the best thing that happens to Marvel, outside a change in their mindset and editors?

Disney doesn't care about the comics, its such a small operation financially compared to everything else they do, why should they even bother

its not like it would even be a widely noticed prestige project since 90% if not more of the population probably don't even realize comic books are still a thing

You'd be surprised.

In my country, we get like 2 stand-alone DD stories / volumes in one neat package quarterly. I only wish it was being released more regularly.

Vision is by King, and while it was good, Omega Men was perfect. I hope that Vision will also end in a huge "wow", but somehow I doubt it, because Vision is a major part of the Avengers.

In many ways, I think that people like Ewing, because there is no one else beside him to like.

Marvel hires back pic related. How happy are you?

Way to go with only taking part of what I said,you fuck.

Would die from instant-orgasm

And if I didn't I would buy Shooter a gift, a bending-whip for slackers

>implying he wouldn't be fired after two days because he micro-raped everyone at Marvel

Their movies are also shit too, kid.

How do you micro-rape someone?

I didn't say that the movies were good, sport, I just said they were being held afloat by them.

Just the tip I guess?

with a very small dick

Doesn't matter if it is shit, it still makes them a whole fuck ton of money more than whatever "good" material you could make.

>implying Shooter isn't as big as the rest of his body
How do you think he kept all those losers in check?

was one of those films batman or superman? Cape heroes that have been on the screen for decades?

This was DC's second attempt at a break away from their big 2 after they failed with Green lantern. Sups been in the game since 1978 n bats since 89 and theyve only now felt bold enough to use harley, a well known batman rogue sidekick as a lead.

>has spider-man gotten better?

It's still Slott, and it's still awful
Everyone's basically waiting for Renew Your Vows (Marvel's answer to Lois and Clark) to hit in November so we can give it all the money it needs to outsell Slott and get Marvel to pull a pre-flashpoint Superman and replace Peter Starker and Jezebel MJ with the correct versions

Both

Clark works as a dad. Peter doesn't. Giving Peter a kid was a mistake, even of they treat it as an AU. Marvel won't see a penny of my money.

>Clark works as a dad
Meh

Gimmicks dont sell. Quality writing and quality art does. And Marvel has decided to pander to SJWs by hiring shitty Tumblr writers and artists. Dont get me wrong: The quality has been bad in Marvel for more than a decade now. But now they managed to make their own products so disgusting even for the whales who religiously used to buy their comics no matter how shit they were, that nobody buys or reads them.

Like the video games showed, pandering to Tumblr and feminism is a financial suicide.

>read a webcomic called Doctor Cat
>find it cute but irrelevant
>the artist is drawing Hellcat now

>Gimmicks dont sell. Quality writing and quality art does.
Riiiight

Good. Marvel is a disgusting company that has become filled to the brim with radical wackos, while now using Daddy Disney's money to remain unaccountable to their readers.

Marvel must purge itself of its ideologues and return to wholesome traditional symbiote values.

Look at the charts yourself. Admittedly Star Wars comics are arguably a "gimmick", but otherwise its Deadpool, the new Sandman, Swamp Thing, etc.

People care more about the names who write the books or the superhero itself, than some gimmick, or event or stupid "shocking scene".

>the new Sandman, Swamp Thin
What?
And Deadpool is a gimmick, just scroll through the thread
>9.99$
And then other big sellers are #1's and CW2.

Look at the retail sales, not Marvels own charts you dumbass.

Are you deranged?

He's an example of a writer who uses continuity very well. That is my favorite part of the big 2 and so few writers can do it.

Harley is the #1 book.

Cape comics in general are fucked.

>company wars

>bumping thread from tenth page just to say "company wars"

I hate that the 9.99$ issues have been good for the majority. The only real regret is the Powerman/Iron Fist/Daredevil issue, but that was just one issue out of a four issue storyline.
The #7 anniversary issue was engaging on each Merc for Money highlighted, and we're probably meant to set up future stories before the editorial forced them all into being separate "ongoings".

Not surprised when they write shit like this

>Bruh let's kill X-men and F4 because we don't own the movie rights

Yeah, they absolutely deserve it.

CW2 = Convergence

Ideally NOW 2.0 would be their DCYou, but there doesn't seem to be any new talent so...

In any case the inevitable failure of NOW 2.0 should prompt them to change things up a little somehow.

Fuck Marvel.

>no Kaine
I didn't expect to see him and I was disappointed anyway.

was he actually planning on doing it?
anyways, they even call out the racial profiling but nothing happens

has peter confronted miles at all? especially with the use of his name

I want Kaine over Spider Gwen in this pic.

No, user. They just assumed.

True, but think about the POTENTIAL new buyers to make up for all the old fans leaving!

I'm Hispanic, been reading comics and whatnot since I was a small child. I used to to enjoy Marvel's stories. Back when there wasn't any race or political agenda involved.

Nowadays there's a bunch of these either race swapped or gender swapped characters in stories focusing on current political issues. No fantastical adventures or things dealing with super heroes. I didn't care about race until Marvel started forcing this change, it's off putting.

I dunno how to describe it, but it is really off putting. I wouldn't mind these characters had they been their own characters, rather than legacy characters. The whole Marvel universe feels too small now. Like many characters are missing.

Maybe I'm just bitter over the treatment of the FF and X-Men.

Marvel is fine... the staff on the other hand will probably be shitcanned en masse.

Because Perlmutter's a bitter fuck who can't let slights go.

Kinda

Also, Miles has no memories of the Ultimate universe so he basically has nothing but the Spidey name at the moment.
He has no origin story that works in the main continuity
He has almost no stories that work with Pete's cast and rogues being unavailable
He has no reason to have started being a hero
He has no Ult. Jessica Drew mentoring
Frankly, I'm still not sure how he gets webbing as he doesn't have Pete's web-formula for ganke to copy

>Also, Miles has no memories of the Ultimate universe
Wait then what's the point

>I dunno how to describe it, but it is really off putting.
Because it's condescending and arguably racist/sexist.

Marvel writes a bunch of minority characters whose only defining trait is that they're a minority. Nobody wants to read that shit. I'm offended that Marvel thinks I would, just because they made a few Hispanic characters here and there.

That's what annoys the ever living fuck out of me about MarvelNOW! - it's the laziest form of exploitation ever. At least Shaft was entertaining.

>disney
>shuttering the comics division

It's being run as a story lab. It doesn't even need to make money (Although it actually makes very large profit margins, just not huge raw dollars)
That's also why Marvel will keep putting out weird comics based on rides at disneyland- they're hoping someone will hit it out of the park and they can make another Pirates of the Caribbean

>He has no origin story that works in the main continuity

Are they ever going to explain it?

I think the point is "black spider-man"

The only one of those that probably did not make its money back is BFG. The other two did ok, PLUS there's product tie-ins. That was the big reason to even do an Alice sequel. To sell more apparel and junk and it did ok on that front as well. They're not "Bombs" in the sense that it was a huge loss for the studio, kind of a wash really. Spending 65m and making 20m in profit sucks, but that's not a bomb. Plus..... your other movies did so well that. it doesnt matter at all.

What a fun and whimsical fan comic. With enough practice the artist could turn pro one day.

>20m in profit
Dude Pete's Dragon didn't even come close to making its money back.

Do you not know how the box office works? The cinema takes a cut 50% cut, and there's marketing costs.

But Marvel's doubled their female readership right? Isn't that all that matters guys?

kek

The people who ruined Ultimate are in charge of 616.

Why would things ever go any different?

Cinemas usually make money off the concession stands. Box office sales are only a bit of their revenue and most marketing is done in house as Hollywood accounting.

This

Holy shit you're a fucking retard.

Read. Now.

>Movie theaters don’t play films for free.
>Theaters are not glorified snack, soda and popcorn dispensaries who receive pennies per ticket sold, they command on average 45% of the ticket price from the major studios. The days of the sliding scale are long over, Disney tried to strong arm theaters into a 65% share of the ticket price for Iron Man 3, but every theater chain called bullshit and cut off advanced sales until Disney folded.

>budget 65m
>made 122m
>Not even close to making its money back
>they get 50%
>not even close to making its money back
>doesn't account from revenue from post release sources
>still in theaters
>still has more countries to be released in

I made a rough guess and wasnt far off. You posted an article that cites 0 sources and only talks about films that posted losses. The movie isn't a "huge bomb" if pete's dragon is a huge bomb, wtf do you call Ben Hur, its total hasnt even hit is budget? You'd think a "huge bomb" would be a film that didnt make double its budget and is not on its way to post a profit....but thats just me I guess.

>Holy shit you're a fucking retard.
>It is not cheaper to distribute films digitally than on film

....what? Yes it is. When the fuck was this article written, 2002?

>October 12, 2015

What a huge pile of bullshit. Maybe read the garbage you're quoting before calling people a retard?

Disneyfriends are hopelessly retarded.

>what is marketing
>what is cinema cut
>what are profits

1/2 of 122 million is 61 million. 61 million minus 65 million is -4 million. That's not including marketing, by the way.

Are you illiterate or just retarded? Do you not know how movie theaters work?

>This is not a debate over the merits of film vs. digital, but simply about the costs of distributing a film digitally. Since almost every theater has converted to digital projection, thousands of 35mm release prints no longer need to be processed, so you might expect that delivering a digital file for exhibition would be inexpensive and save millions ofdollars per film — but that’s where the Virtual Print Fee comes in. The major studios formed a decade long pact with theaters where they would pay a Virtual Print Fee to help offset the cost of theaters switching to digital projection and this fee can be more than the price of striking a film print. You can read more on the VPF over at Variety.

They aren't talking about fucking Netflix you ignorant cuck.

>122m SO FAR
>doesn't account from revenue from post release sources
>still in theaters
>still has more countries to be released in
>huge bomb

yup... Im the retard

If I shot a nuke into your car's exhaust it'd explode too. It's not a design flaw if it takes magic space wizards to exploit it.

don't bother arguing with MUH BOMB fags, on either side of things.

A movie can make 100 billion dollars gross on opening night and have a budget of tree fiddy and some faggot would still say it's a hueg bomb bcuz numbers I just made up.

I wonder if Bendis actually believes that ComicsAlliance bullshit or are they happily all lying to themselves. Women do read comics but they dont read superhero comics. They read webcomics, particularly those with silver-haired young yaoi-boys in them.

boxofficemojo.com/movies/?page=weekly&id=petesdragon2016.htm

It's seven weeks in and it's about to reach the sub-million range, and it's done absolute shit overseas. There's nothing that can make it even overcome it's marketing costs, much less turn a profit.

Its fucking dead.

It's a barely sourced article written by an anonymous author.

I'm not saying you're wrong, but I am saying that Hollywood is notoriously opaque about their money and I won't take anything on face value.

forbes.com/sites/scottmendelson/2013/04/25/iron-man-3-caught-in-dispute-between-disney-and-top-theater-chains/#356e81b3521b

2 seconds in Google you ignorant nigmonger

I'm going to be willingly ignorant now just to annoy you.

Good thing I'm a loud mouth too, I can't wait to tell people you're wrong.

No shit dumbass, they're talking about something thats been paid for over 10 years ago

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Virtual_Print_Fee
>The model is designed to help redistribute the savings realized by studios when using digital distribution instead of film print distribution

That means....its cheaper. At this point, if any theater cant cover the cost of digital projector today than they likely cant cover the cost of things besides that. Its the cost of doing business at this point. You're probably too ignorant to understand the competitive nature of economics to know that costs go down over time as more people are able to compete in a market. Let me sum it up, THAT ARTICLE IS WRONG. It does not cost more to distribute a film digitally vs on 35mm film. You are WRONG and coming off as a huge spazzing sperg who has no clue how to process information outside of shitty blog posts.

>thinks a bunch of japanese people won't go see a comfy movie about a dragon on christmas day

You're a special kind of special, aren't you?

Well you're doing a damn good job of it. I'm sure it's worth it defending three Ben Hit tier disasters just because they happen to be mouse droppings.

I used to almost only read Marvel but right now I'm waiting for Vision #12 and then my pull list will be 100% DC and indie.

I mostly read their teen team books and some cosmic stuff but all of it has gone to shit or totally disappeared over the last few years. And shit's even more event focused these days, it's like they can't even take a break between them anymore and it feels like a lot of books suffer because of it because they aren't allowed to develop their own stories.

And they just keep creating characters instead of using their old ones for something, like recently when they introduced the black iron chick even though there was already a character who could have fit right into her role. Or they waste perfectly good characters on shit like Avengers Arena...

Why are people pretending Petes Dragon was a success ?

It has nothing to do with them being disney and just math, logic and reason. You're bringing disney into this just like how black people always play the race card. It doesn't make you right, the numbers don't compare.

>she actually thinks nips are going to see that shit

>math
>when the math LITERALLY shows that Pete's Dragon was a car crash of a movie

Oh my god

No is pretending its a success, but calling it a "huge bomb" is wrong. There's a grey area with movies, not everything is a hit or a bomb. Then again this is Cred Forums so if a movie doesn't make 800m it's a failure.

>122m and counting
>65m budget
>car crash of a movie
>LITERALLY

Holy shit, please post face pics to prove you're not asian, cause you dishonor whore famiry right now.

Well to me a huge bomb is something that didn't make back it's production budget. WEe can talk about financial flops with marketing and what not but yeah that's my stance on what a bomb is.

>forgetting marketing
>again

>she
>thinks a girl posts here

Traps only mate

the film is STILL making money though. So.... its on its way to make back its production budget. So would you consider it a bomb? I mean "huge" is..... like... bigger than normal right? It's not even a bomb according to that standard, let alone the HUGE part.

That thing about Batman selling thrice as much.
Are we talking monthly figures or issue-by-issue?

Are they doing another Marvel NOW? I honestly keep fucking track, why do they do this shit every year?

Here's how it works user. Typically a movies marketing is half of it's budget. So let's say it was 97mil. The box office so far is 74mil domestic and a studio gets 50% of that. So that's 37mil. The foreign box office is even lower (This is why domestic is so important) a studio only gets roughly 30% and that was 48mil and 30% of that is 14.4mil

So Pete's dragon has only made 51mil meaning Disney is -14mil

>still making money

I can tell you don't know much about movies. Every week a movie makes exponentially less money. Two weeks ago it made 5 mil, last week it made 3 mil, and this week it made 1 mil. After this weekend it will make around 500 thousand, and then drop further. It's already in second run theaters in many places, while movies like SS are still in first run theaters.

user, it's making pennies. It's not going to even scrape by.

>Typically a movies marketing is half of it's budget.
>citation needed
>The foreign box office is even lower a studio only gets roughly 30%
>citation needed
>So Pete's dragon has only made 51mil meaning Disney is -14mil
>still making money

HUGE bomb, HUGE.

Are you this dedicated to the mouse, user?

What the fuck are you talking about man? Cinemas aren't showing films for free. This is why Ghostbusters is considered a flop as well. "Still making money" it's saturday take isn't even half a mil anymore

Well Ghostbusters is a flop because it was supposed to be a franchise that sold a ton of toys. It's a colossal failure and I hope someone was fired for it.

It was also a flop because it's BO take didn't cover production and marketing

It cost like 230m to make too, so..... it has a harder time at that

I think it was a production budget of 145M and the Marketing 180M i don't know how they expect a mediocre movie to start a share universe franchise

And again a thread about comics turns into movie shitposting.

Not even that it's racist/sexist and condescending. It's just not fucking fun.
I'm with the Hispanic guy, the Marvel universe feels small as shit now, every comic you pick up these days is just some writer using a comic book character to bitch about things that makes them angry, and then charging 5 Canadian Dollaredoos for them.
Why would I buy a comic about some dame named Mockingbird complaining about people not talking about tampons when I can just pick up one of the older comics where Captain Marvel punches Skrull in the face?

>shuddering

Big movies are also considered failures or successes based on studio expectations, because they promise their shareholders a certain amount of profit.

So Avengers: Age of Ultron made money, but it was considered an under-performer at Disney because it cost more than the original and made less, and Disney was originally expecting it to make even more than the first.

I really dont get it. It devolves into company wars, into movies that arent even comic book ones like... Holy shit you guys. CWII comics have nothing to do with disney movies.

The same old writers have been able to control everything for too long. If they want to give themselves a proper Rebirth-style restart, they need to ditch hacks like Bendis and Slott and get some actual good writers with good ideas to oversee things. Not sure who in the current Marvel camp could do it.

it's as if no one in Cred Forums actually read comics

Good. Maybe that'll make them rethink some stuff.
...Who am I kidding.

I think you really are making up your defenses as you go along.

i reckon it is

>children of avengers

>marvel still isn't having mutants start families so they can perpetuate their sub-species

yeah not gonna touch it.

>civil war
>ireland

pretty much goes to show that the phrase "civil war" is hyped up trash that insults anyone who's ever been in a country with war in it. ireland had fighting for decades and decades. if marvel is trying to make money off of violence just come by it honest like judge dredd, lobo, and other comics.

"civil war" is just insulting to the reader's intelligence. the x-men are a walking social issues and they aren't nearly as hyped up as two different imaginary groups of capitalists fighting each other for RL capitalists at the disney corporation. things are not going to change for the better in the marvel universe exactly like things did not change in RL. once again the comic book industry has regurgitated conflicts from centuries past to make the same mistakes in the current century as bread and circus.

ANAD was their DCYou. Marvel Now...Again is just pissing on the grave of Marvel Comics. There's no coming back from this because they'll just get bad press for ditching all of the diversity characters they've shoved down our throats for the past 3 years. Marvel Comics died during the 90s crash.

There's still a shitload of more choice and variation with comics not made by DC or Marvel, especially since they're mostly self-contained titles and don't suffer from that shared universe bullshit.

Why are there so many Spiderrelated people? This shit is worse than the ever expanding Batfamily.

A friend of hers asked my wife what the deal with the other spider-people are

She began the explanation with a deep sigh, which I guess is sorta telling.

Spider-Man is one of the highest grossing superheroes out there next to Batman. Gotta milk that shit

>believes an opinion piece
>ignores facts

Who needs "defenses" when you're just the densest.

Objectively wrong

Yeah I think they pretty much revealed that was all there was to him when fucking Luke Cage said "Spider-man is black now. That's important".
Like, they couldn't bring over anything unique to him from the Ultimate universe?

And the smartest person in the Marvel universe is now Moon Girl, a blackgirl.
Iron Man is going on a sabbatical and Iron Heart, a black girl, is going to be the counterpart to IronDoomMan.

Aren't like half of the characters in the Marvel NOWer teaser also black?

>the video games showed
Something something Undertale

Man, I'm like that. I loved a lot of stuff Marvel were putting out though the 2000's, Brubaker's Cap, Bendis's/Brubakers Daredevil, JMS Spider-Man, Hickman's FF and his whole controversial Avengers epic... There was actually so many just fun, good stories to read.

Ever since Marvel NOW I've been paying attention, but everything just seems so short sighted and obsessed with bringing in new readers. Vision and maybe Carnage are probably the only titles I have a passing interest in. Feels pretty bad. I hope there's a resurgence in talent and good storytelling as a response to this eventually, but I'm not exactly hopeful :(

Spider-Man is popular but Marvel doesn't want him to be in multiple books at once because they feel - and this is true - that when he has several books, Amazing Spider-Man is usually the only one that "counts" and the others are usually considered lower priority.

So they're trying to do as many Spider-spinoffs as they can to avoid doing another Spectacular, Web Of, Sensational Spider-Man.

What's the highest-numbered issue that Marvel currently has? They seem to be renumbering many things annually. Last year there were even two series named 'All-New Hawkeye' - one of 5 issues and one of 6 issues. #1s sell, so they obviously decided to keep renumbering rapidly. I wonder what it'll do for the longevity of various characters, though - the more renumberings you do, the less special it'll seem, and new #1s following a prior low-numbered series might not sell as much as #1s usually do.

they're trying to move to a story arc structure like hellboy

Are you retarded? What are you taking about?

Ewing is a good writer, Duggan can also rise to the occasion at times. Soule too if he gets to a chance to do passion stuff like She Hulk rather than editorially mandated stuff like Daredevil and Inhumans.

I wish, would love to see Marvel "Insulting and pissing off your audience is a great strategy" comics go the way of the Dinosaur but I have long since learned to wait until the bankruptcy papers have come in before making predictions.
Mostly because predictions on Cred Forums are almost universally stupid.

I think that just happens eventually to most everyone.

Like, eventually there's gonna be a straw to break the camels back.
Personally, I pretty much dropped out of comics from like... 08 until last year? And even then now I'm pretty much only buying trades because it's more convenient for me as someone hours away from a comic book store with the final death of newsstand comics. Seriously. I honestly think the the only comics I can even buy in town are Archie

>What's the highest-numbered issue that Marvel currently has?

Deadpool, maybe? It's gone a few years without a relaunch, hasn't it?

Deadpool and New Avengers are the only ones I remember.

i'll never forget how upset I was over that announcement.

Learn something about the history of American comics. You're literally blaming the sole survivor for the disease.

We know that The Legion and the JSA are going to be restored, so the concept of Earth 2 is probably going to be salvaged too.

Mortal Kombat was starred by Liu Kang and he was played by an Asian dude. That wouldn't fly today, despite all the social justice bullshit. Hell, the 90s Bruce Lee biopic was about Bruce Lee while 2016 Birth of the Dragon is supposed to be about Bruce but it's really about some OC white dude. The 90s were liberal as fuck. USA lost its shit after 9/11 and went full patriotic. After Obama, they tried to be liberal again but it was never the same. The country just went full retarded

It seems a lot like the holographic craze of the 80s. There's this relentless pursuit of providing jump on points for new readers at the cost of excluding the dedicated readers.

The sad thing is, I don't even have a problem with diversifying the Marvel lineup, or creating points for new readers to jump in on. I think that's an important thing to do moving forward for both companies. I just don't understand why that has to happen in what seems like *every* series. Why does every legacy character need to be rebooted instead of committing to the longer form of storytelling?

At the end of the day, that's what I feel like we're missing. We have all these short arcs written by mediocre talents, and I don't want that kind of storytelling. I want longer arcs! Or at the very least I want good stories! I don't want mediocre commentary on gender issues, or a race swapped Captain America just for the sake of it.

Siege is the perfect example of this

>indie comics and webcomics have their shit more together than the big 2

Careful, marvelackeys will burn you for saying Siege wasn't good.

They're not trying shit. That "Seasonal model" bollocks went out the window with the latest relaunch since they aren't renumbering everything. Just admit they wanted to milk the 1's

I meant it's an example of a good smaller scale event. (Which seems like an oxymoron)

DC got it's shit together and are killing it right now. If you told me 4 months ago that New Super-Man would debut at over 100k I would have spat in your face

When you have a hammer, everything looks like a nail

I think a lot of Americans don't realise just how long the liberal Republican party held power in the states ether.

Yeah man. All people who like anything Marvel will defend Siege. Is this what Cred Forums is always like?

Made me kek, so spot on

This is what happens when you leave that slimy fuck Perlmutter in charge of anything.

Are people really surprised he fucked over the comics after how much he was fucking the MCU and how much he's fucking Marvel TV?

So will this finally sink Bendis or will Marvel double-down on him because corporate doesn't know shit?

DC's killing it now, user. Based Johns was our salvation all along :^ )

Don't worry guys, Marvel's got this: bleedingcool.com/2016/09/30/marvel-will-claw-back-marketshare-come-december/

Spoiler it's just fucking variants and a whole lot of hoops stores have to jump through to qualify for them

>bleedingcool.com/2016/09/30/marvel-will-claw-back-marketshare-come-december/

Rich, always Marvel's chief of propaganda.

Their sales will get a goosing from all the #1s and variants, but then all the #2 issues of those series will sell only a fraction of the #1s. If they want sustained success they need to change their focus to actually making good comics that people want to keep reading.

Stores wont do that if they will never sell those books. They're starting to smarten up.

Because comics should be like a season of TV series. Every year you get #1, it's easier to follow. Imagine horrors of new fan wanting to get into Batman and seeing "Batman # 357".

Maybe the cunts at Marvel should put the season or volume number on the covers. They wont do that though. Don't delude yourself into thinking Marvel does this for new readers. It's for collectors who still thinks 1's are worth something

>implying I don't know that
>implying I didn't wait for (You)
But hey, they'll put story arc number on cover.
>tfw Captain America #14 gets sudden spike in sales because it's Part 1 of Return of Pepsiman arc

I get a kick seeing issues of Detective and Action with issues numbered near 1000.

Time was when high issue numbers were an indication of quality - it showed the book had staying power.

>it showed the book had staying power.

Fucking this. What's better, Action and Detective still on volume 1 over 75 years or Captain Marvel at volume 10 in not even half that time?

Yep. I still can't forget all those UGH, IT'S OVER 900? HOW WILL NEW READERS GET INTO COMICS NOW? posts.

It's like with 2000AD. They hit 2000 issues this week. Should they have a reboot?

>tfw Astonishing Ant-Man had two #1 in single year
Know what's the best? It had same artist, same writer, same story, same absolutely everything. Which is total opposite of what I want of new #1.
Yes, every year.

>Imagine horrors of new fan wanting to get into Batman and seeing "Batman # 357".

Imagine the horrors of a new fan asking for Batman #1 and then having to figure out which Batman #1 it is. Cause that's already been happening with Marvel's numerous relaunches.

>All New All Different 2000AD Now

Actually, given that 2000AD is now 16 years in the past maybe they should just change their name to 3000AD.

It is weird for a (mostly) sci-fi book to have a name that makes it seem old, I agree

Doesn't 2000AD retain all it's continuity? Like Dredd has been one continuous story. How could I read that if I didn't want to read the rest?

>The books are shit and people drop them
>A Cuck calls them fair weather fans
>Nick "Is with her"

Do I need to say it?

Internet was a mistake, desu.

>Reminder that Bendis thinks everybody who is complaining just doesn't understand and that he's challenging their beliefs

>buying CWII as Christmas present
How can one hate his family that hard?

>Action and Detective still on volume 1 over 75 years

they reset the numbering for new52. after rebirth they just added volume 2's numbers to volume 1's count and kept going.
marvel pulled the same thing with amazing spider-man and they'll do it again when they're getting near #1000

Marvels predominantly left fanbase doesn't like a fascist? Who knew?!

So is this volume 3 or what?

He got duped. Like those Grandmas who buy those knock off DVD films thinking they're the movies their grand kids love

it should be, but i can't fault dc for ignoring the stupid idea to restart the numbering on their flagships.

Who knew indeed.

Uncanny X-Men #600, too.
Ah, famous "I thought I'm buying Pirates of Caribbean, not porn!" situation.

I have no idea what any of this means.

Opinion seems to be divided. DC Wikia lists the current issues as part of volume 1 while the Comicvine wiki lists it as volume 3.

I wonder what they'll do for #1000 of Action and Detective. If they keep double-shipping it'll arrive in 18 months for Action.

>If they keep double-shipping it'll arrive in 18 months for Action.
>DC has said the current "Rebirth" storyline (and all it's relevant mysteries) will run 2 years

Holy shit. Could we see a return to the Pre52 (or something resembling it) just in time for Action Comics #1000?

>"he said he's gonna try and adjust it for the trade"
So we got a shit event that was rushed to (not really) tie-in to the movie (with nothing in common but the fucking TITLE); based on a shitty tv series reboot of an old movie which was then delayed so they could add an extra issue (that will totally have shit actually happening!) unlike the LAST fucking event ... wait, no, the last fucking event also had delays and an extra issue tacked on after the fact.

AND NOW THEY'RE GONNA TRY TO FIX IT IN POST???

Infinite Crisis, Final Crisis, and other stuff got edited in trade, usually like dialogue or added scenes.

But Civil War II needs more than just dialogue fixes and scene changes. It needs like a larger overhaul.

Legitimately curious, how did this turn out? This seems like the kind of thing that would really blow up in their face if they were wrong.

If anything it'd be more like Pre52 + some New 52 stuff like Batman and Harley. And Cyborg still being on the Justice League because the movies are going with that.

>Yes, Whor is retarded, but the controversy around it caused it to sell really well and get asses in the stores.
>sell really well

KEK
E
K

He's right though, it sold better than the previous volume of Thor. That doesn't say whether the comic is good or bad.

>This seems like the kind of thing that would really blow up in their face if they were wrong.
The editorial can't seem to make up their minds.

So in this case it turns out that he WAS planning to do something stupid so "arresting him" shouldn't have been problematic at all. I mean: anyone who's ever seen literally any police procedural has seen people being held in an interview/interrogation room which cops bitching that they can "only hold them for x hours" because you have to then either charge them or turn them loose so in this case you have Reasonable Suspicion and should be able to pick someone up and hold them to prevent shit from going down. Except that Editorial has decided to make this an analogy to Racial Profiling so the people doing the detaining are not police but (in the Ms Marvel comic) are a bunch of civilian "volanteers" who dress like Hitler Youth and keep people in cells in a Secret Black Site; or in Sam Wilson you have Americops who are, again, pretty literal Brown Shirts; and in the main comic there was a woman who was nabbed for having a bomb that literally had an empty brief case; and yet Team Cap is still going Full Fascist.

Because Marble can't into subtlety.

So basically take the flaws of the first Civil War and dial them up to 11 without any of the good bits to balance them out.

>sell really well
Both the floppies and the trades sell better than Thor did, user.

They've literally said that Superior Spiderman was supposed to be a short run but the sales were so good they kept it going and the same is true of FemThor and the current run of $9 Deadpool books (which apparently sell like hotcakes in BnN style bookstores and Amazon).

>Because Marble can't into subtlety.
Forgot my image.

>$9 Deadpool books (which apparently sell like hotcakes in BnN style bookstores and Amazon).

I don't get this. The $9 issues are longer, sure, but it's not enough extra pages to justify $9. Why would they sell so many more than the standard-priced issues?

Very happy, but he would be considered problematic in this new wonderful age.

>and the current run of $9 Deadpool books (which apparently sell like hotcakes in BnN style bookstores and Amazon).

They don't sell them in BnN and Amazon. Those $9.95 Deadpool comics were monthly comics, not TPBs.

"For whatever reason, Deadpool at $9.99 sells phenomenally well. And the editor groans when we say we should do another one in a couple of months, because they do very well. They almost double in sales from the regular $3.99 issue."
Source:
icv2.com/articles/news/view/35282/icv2-interview-marvels-david-gabriel-part-3

That one tweeter is actually talking about Christos Gage and the issue with Magneto and Carol Danvers.

Where's the Amazon and Barnes and Noble part?

>sell really well
>KEK
The first thing we do is watch the sales. If you watch the Internet and the message boards, you would do the wrong thing. And I think there are publishers who do that, which is unfortunate. So that’s the easiest thing to do, is just watch the sales. When those shift, that’s when things shift. A good example is Superior Spider-Man a few years ago. Dan Slott presented that story as a six-issue story with Doc Ock Gets Spider-Man, the villain as the hero. And we all sat back and said if that is selling, it’ll be more than six issues. And we watched the sales, and he got 18 months out of it and it’s one of the most successful runs on Spider-Man of the past 15 years. We said the same thing with Mighty Thor.

icv2.com/articles/news/view/35283/icv2-interview-marvels-david-gabriel-part-2

This.
They don't give a single fuck about the comics division.
Comics are an industry that no longer gives a relevant amount of money.

Movies are what everyone cares about.
Comics, as a medium, has been dead for decades.

>Where's the Amazon and Barnes and Noble part?
He might have mentioned it on one of the other pages (they're also apparently selling via Scholastic Book Fair) which is why they're still pushing Squirrel Girl and Moon Girl even though the floppies don't do terribly well. Basically it boils down to people looking only at the monthly Diamond sales (which are preorders to LCS) where the people doing the shot-calling are looking at a much bigger picture.

TL;DR: they do shit to sell units and make money; if it wasn't selling SOMEWHERE they wouldn't keep doing it.

He was talking about trade paperbacks when he was talking about Amazon and Barnes and Noble.

The Deadpool $9.99 issues aren't TPBs (they're monthly comics) so they wouldn't be sold in bookstores' magazine racks or newsstands. Marvel dropped the newsstand market years ago, so Barnes and Noble would only be carrying Marvel's TPBs and not their monthlies. Even though I know about the Scholastic thing with Champions #1, I doubt that Scholastic would be carrying Deadpool.

The only other thing I can think of is digital and I think it's been said that they don't get as much sales there; it's more like a supplemental thing.

Is there any place in Marvel's business model for maybe trying to launch some new and innovative IPs?

Looking at Japan for example where series actually end, the characters are retired, and are replaced in the weekly magazine by new series.

I know what they need!
More rule 63, a preachy attitude and a link to modern day triggerfest special snowflake politics. That's what they need.

People managed just fucking fine for the last 75 years, and they didn't even have the internet to look this shit up.