What are your thoughts on Darkseid, Cred Forums?

What are your thoughts on Darkseid, Cred Forums?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/channel/UCAajKTeS-mCS3PccJUrrIzw
youtube.com/watch?v=fZpJ7yUPwdU
youtube.com/watch?v=ZyILB1cVS7g
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

Overrated overpowered annoying anime villain bullshit.

He's a jobber and absolutely worthless as a character unless Kirby or Morrison are writing him. I don't care at all that the Snyderverse is setting him up as their end boss.

He makes me want to sit in a chair every time I see him.

I enjoy the character concept a lot but how effective the major themes he embodies are used depends a lot on the writer.

He's Ok, but I swear to spectre if I see his pantsless rocky in my comfiest chair I will fight him.

I like him, I wished that 4th world folks had their own dimension (?), so they would not have to share it with supes and pals.

also on an unrelated note, we need more femseid

>I don't care at all that the Snyderverse is setting him up as their end boss.

Its funny but snyder is the only director i trust with the character. funny how Johns is the worst that could happen to Movie darkseid.

One of the best villains DC has, when they actually write him correctly. God, I fucking love Darkseid. He's basically the Sauron figure of the DC universe, the ultimate bad guy. Sure, there might be others as powerful or maybe even more so, but none of them have the presence, history, or potential as Darkseid has.

I love everything about him. He's embodies the concept of a tyrannical leader, the fascist god who sees everything as an opportunity to continue his cosmic cult of personality that should last forever in his eyes, a cult of personality that would prop up his corrupt, metaphysical oligarchy for all time.

I hate it when he's just written as a generic, evil alien overlord who's just an annoyance. It's freaking Darkseid.

And yes, Snyder will ruin him in his DCEU. I just want proper versions of him and all the other New Gods in live-action.

>snyder is the only director i trust with the character

There will never be a VA to do his voice better than Michael Ironside. Whenever I see Darkseid in comics, his voice is what I read him with. And it's a goddamn shame WB won't recast him as Darkseid in the DCEU.

>Its funny but snyder is the only director i trust with the character
Haha, wow.

Honestly, the only modern director I trust with the character is George Miller. Immortan Joe in Mad Max: Fury Road, I really feel to be basically Darkseid as it were. Honestly, one of the silver linings of the whole DCEU so far is that we may possibly, POSSIBLY get a New Gods movie directed by Miller or at least a JL sequel with Darkseid as the villain, again, directed by Miller.

>possibly, POSSIBLY get a New Gods movie directed by Miller or at least a JL sequel with Darkseid as the villain, again, directed by Miller

Kek I'm right there with you as far as hopes and dreams user but there is literally no source on this and never has been

well they technically do have their own dimension, its just their corporeal form thats tethered to the third dimension

Also this. Although if he HAD to be casted in the DCEU, I'd go with whoever played Immortan Joe. But Ironside would be perfect.

Otherwise, Ironside IS Darkseid, pretty much and is by far and away the best Darky we've ever gotten. No other voice they've gotten for him has fit. They're all otherwise too generic. Ironside had that way of sounding like an evil overlord, but injecting a bit of personality into the voice, so that he didn't just sound like a generic evil villain. He was absolutely perfect in the role, sounding cold, calculating, so powerful and authoritative, yet still downright petty.

It could happen. Miller did want to direct the JL movie that never happened thanks to the writer's strike and thanks to WB releasing Fury Road, he's been working with them lately. And he's expressed interest in wanting to be involved with the DCEU iirc.

It's only a matter of time before a writer makes him somehow related to Tawky Tawny because he once said he was the Tiger-Force at the center of all things.

This. New Genesis and Apokalips both exist in their own separate little "pockets" in the DC Multiverse. The New Gods are different from most other DC characters, in that they're multiversal constants: there's only ONE true version of each, whereas the versions of them that exist all across the universes are 'shades' of the real deal, mere suggestions or reflections or aspects of their true forms.

He may me any things to others, but to me, he is God.

>in that they're multiversal constants

Not as long as i'm in charge

Johns, I like you, but you're New Gods are awful and what you did to Darkseid was unforgivable.

Never write the New Gods again. Leave it to Morrison.

>you're
*your

What did he do?

He may be many things to others in different worlds, but here, he is God and the one we call Master.

You sure you're not confusing him with Thanos or Metron now?

>He's basically the Melkor figure of the DC universe, the ultimate bad guy.

FTFY.

Sauron was just the apprentice that reaped on what the master sowed.

Also, on topic, despite being Thanos's equivalent in DC(or the other way around, never bothered to check who was first), he jobbed more times than a recurring stronk antagonist should. Never read any of the recommended list from him, though, so maybe he's still a good character that i just haven't got the oportunity to see.

Darkseid is pretty cool. Sooner or later I'll get around to watching STAS, I found his material in the JL series rather uninteresting.

>Darkseid is
FTFY

Honestly, it's the same with him as it is with Supes and Bats themselves: in a good writer's hands, they make amazing, modern myths. In a crap writer's hands, they're the worst kind of capeshit.

>Otherwise, Ironside IS Darkseid, pretty much and is by far and away the best Darky we've ever gotten. No other voice they've gotten for him has fit. They're all otherwise too generic. Ironside had that way of sounding like an evil overlord, but injecting a bit of personality into the voice, so that he didn't just sound like a generic evil villain. He was absolutely perfect in the role, sounding cold, calculating, so powerful and authoritative, yet still downright petty.
This.

Can't believe they had Steve Blum voice him in War. Steve's good, but not as Darkseid.

His role in JL is directly built on just how much he fucks up Superman's shit in S:TAS. I'm not surprised that you found him uninteresting, but if you were to see all of Superman's confrontations with Darkseid, from the first time Kalibak tries to invade Earth to Darkseid receiving the Anti-Life Equation, you will finally get a feel of just how well-written he is in the DCAU.

Did he sound like Ares from God of War or Gilgax from Ben 10?

Closer to Ares, with a shitty echo filter on top to try to make him sound more godly.

I don't know much, but I've been told He Is.

>you are now remembering that whole period post-Crisis where they forgot that Darkseid was an actual god, where he became more and more of a joke, getting his shit slapped practically every other Tuesday right up until FC pretty much

He sounded so bad in that movie.

Read jl origins and Darkseid war. Also I'm sorry

Eeeew. I can hear it now. I love Steve Blum and all, but god damn, he needs to tone down on accepting voice acting gigs.

Anti-life justifies my love of Darkseid.

He spends his whole life figuring out a math problem and then batman and superman slap the dick out of his mouth. It's a sad story

An I the only one who tries to look up his skirt every time they see that image

I'm drawn to it by morbid curiosity.

the JL movie got cancelled because of 9/11, not the writer's strike.

I think everyone is guilty, mate.

He's a big guy.

Yes. Snyder is the only one who can make big guys work in a serious, unironic fashion.

It got cancelled 6 years after? Don't be stupid.

Pic related was the only version I ever cared for

How in the flying fuck is that meme still funny to you? Seems like work at this point

I didn't mean it in a Bane kind of way but it works either way I guess. I mean he's grandiose and has a "big" presence.

he is many things

We couldn't even begin to imagine it. But for now, he will serve as our executioner.

I wish they'd write Darkseid more like Kirby originally wrote him. That fucker had character bursting from his every pore. Nearly every iteration since has some shade of bland in comparison.

I will never not read his name as Dark-Seed

He is the Tiger Force. I would die for Darkseid!

How Kirby wrote him?

Darkseid has a hot daughter.

Apocalypse means revelation in Greek.

He Is.

A reminder that if he sits on your chair it's fucked.

Looks like Thanos.

That's Darkseid fused with Braniac. Timm probably didn't notice how much everything looked alike.

Darkseid was featured in a Michael Mann movie of he '80s.

Well that's the dcau for you I loved the shows but you have to admit they only had like three character models.

?

I really like him, but outside of a few writers he's awful. He's really best used as the final boss of the DC universe a terrifying and nearly unstoppable God of evil. If your just going to use him as a generic space conqueror I'd prefer you use someone like mongul instead.

The Keep.

it would be wrong not to

you some kind of idiot?
i wonder which pronunciation He would prefer

The JL episodes are the worst DCAU Darkseid episodes, but honestly I think JL is among the weakest DCAU entries (not counting Static and spinoffs). A lot of his presence in those episodes comes from how he already ruined Superman's life, but it made him come off weak and almost secondary.

STAS makes Darkseid exactly how he should be: Cold, calculating, petty, and grander than the universe itself. His episodes are among the absolute best in the DCAU. I thought the last JLU episode was a great final episode for the character.

I am many things, Kal-El. But here, I am THICC

I have to agree. The fact that Luthor is the one who saves the day because Supes can't do it is fucking amazing. The way Supes looks like he's going to save the day only to get cockblocked is a fantastic lampshade to how everyone perceives his character.

That depends on whether he thinks you killed Rita.

rita farr?

This is really funny.

"N-no grandpa! I'm real! Honest!"

Darkseid is on the spectrum.

Look at that manspreading.

Would he call the JL mediocre?

I really wish they'd go back to doing a legit invasion plot with GGGodfrey and the subtle disempowerment of caped heroes and turning mankind against one another, and all that instead of the "knock knock, who's there, BOOMTUBES, NOW ONLY SUPERMAN CAN SAVES US" plot they always fall back on when Darkseid's involved.

He really needs to moisturise.

Darkseid is (the spectrum)

>darkseiddrinkingyourmilkinyourfavoritechair.jpg

You think that with all that power he could be able to afford a comfort throne all for himself.

Oh god,

That thread about Chairseid.

>literally sitting in swamp thing as a chair
how could anyone not worship this smooth mother fucker

What a DILF. I'd totally sit on his lap.

Despot I'd Like To F...?

"Do you have autism?"
"I AM autism!"

It calls to the eyes

>I am the am the autism at the center of all things!

How big is Darkseid's dick?

It seems Darkside is very chill sometimes. It makes him better than Thanos for me, who's always too serious.

Sometimes the man just wants to sit in your living room.

>the subtle disempowerment of caped heroes and turning mankind against one another

It looks like that's what was kind of happening in the bad future for BvS. Darkseid and Superman are on one side, Batman and the JL are on the other. Their human armies fight each other.

People actually care about manspreading?

Yeah it's great. I like the pose he's making too.

He's reading Mein Kamph from the righteous leader Hitler

Should be reading The Prince.

I keep seeing people say this on co but no one ever story times it and I've had bad luck with downloading.

I haven't actually read them all yet but I have them downloaded. I could storytime them in a few (7-8) hours since I'm not at home right now. Should I start with Jimmy Olsen or skip it? It's got some important stuff but is a little slow from what I've read.

infinite
start with his olsen issues for sure

>He's basically the Melkor figure of the DC universe
Sauron wanted an ordered world under himself (like Darkseid), Melkor wanted to obliterate everything.

the empty hand is more of a melkor figure if anything

Kalibak and that other son should be rehabilated to give heroes new god enemies without taking the sheen of darkseid.

In fact a lot of Darkseid inner circle should be rehabilitated to be bigger threats

>the new gods of apokalypse
>able to be rehabilitated
their evil incarnate dude

FUCK i meant theyre

I don't think "rehabilitated" was the right word, but I get what he means. Steppenwolf is the boss for the JL movie so at least that's cool.

revamped?

You cannot post correcting someone's spelling without fucking up, user. Not even your own. Darkseid will not permit it.

Yeah, or "reworked." Maybe updated/upgraded.

He should be the end game villain or any DC Universe not it's first antagonist

That basically what I meant. At the moment aside from Granny and Desadd the rest have been left to rot. Well Glorious G gets updated pretty well too.

Steppenwolf was getting great treatment in earth 2 until the writer shift. These guys are the baddest of the bad, serving the baddest fucker in the universe. When they show up it should be a very big deal.

That in turn makes Darkseid a bigger deal. Supes can beat Kalibak but it should be a tough fight for him

Definitely agreed. I think Snyder knows this too, as this is exactly what he's doing for JL and JL2. Not only will it make Aquaman look good by temporarily making him the strongest guy on the team, it will also make Darkseid seem even more powerful by showing the entire JL struggle to beat Steppenwolf.

Finally, if his plan works, I think GL will be loved by the public once again beause I think he is the key to defeating Darkseid.

Glorious G will be great in the movies if Snyder gets the chance to tell the story he wants to tell. All the seeds are there.

MFW I realize one of DCs main villains is literally redrawn over and over in a chair.

What does the chair smell like after he sits in it?

Can somebody explain me what is the crime bible and in what comic can I read about?

He was revealed to be a bigger jobber than apocalypse when he was 1 punched by doomsday

He's a dude rocking a mini skirt.

Alright.

And what are your thoughts on Cred Forums, Darkseid?

Fresh farts

the holy book of evil. u can read about it in 52, theres a miniseries called crime bible i think, and final crisis

i would imagine more like rotten farts. like a fart you kept in a jar and allowed to ferment and gain stink for all eternity.

biggest jobber in comics, he has literally never won a fight, ever.

He defeated Dan Turpin.

Spot the newfag with the dubs

>When you feel uncomfortable being hugged, it is DARKSEID that you see!

Mandrakk is dc's Melkor figure.

>Most powerful angel of the bunch, fallen from grace
>Gets banished to the void and won't return until the end of time
>Wants to destroy everything
>Negative influence on the music of creation

Worst director and the
Worst writer

Bravo Warner

oh yea true. what would the empty hand be then in relation to LoTR? if anyone

Eru if he had created the universe just to feed on it.

sweaty rock ass

This.

Or Starro! Come on, you get to play with mind control and weird alien designs

>knock knock, who's there, BOOMTUBES

That's Kingpin, though.

>Thanos for me, who's always too serious
>is a farmer in his spare time
M8...

>Remember that time you spilled your spaghetti at GameStop when the pretty cashier girl touched your hand while taking your money?
>It was me, Barry!

Wait...

farmers cant be sticks in the mud?

That looked like the plan for Young Justice.

But of course, we'll never know.

No, but if a dude of Thanos' power, stature and reputation can put on overalls and grow corn, he is, without question, chill as fuck.

His voice will always be that of Michael Ironside to me. There can be no substitute.

i disagree, my friend, farming is exceptionally hard work, i would bet he puts his heart and soul into it and is very serious about it, perhaps even more so than he is about destroying all life

>"Loser."

God that voice could fuck me for days. Even if he always loses, I like the idea that Darkseid can get under people's skins as his primary offense. I like the idea of an evil so absolute and divine in its machinations, that it drives the heroic to madness and hatred in the desire to thwart him. That could make him pretty cool in a non-supernatural sense; his actions always seem to bring out the worse in those who oppose him, like Superman.

This guy gets it

This. Darkseid is probably my favourite dc villain for a similar reason why Superman is my favourite dc hero. In the same way that superman is a selfless everyman worker in a gigantic scale, darkseid is the archetypal tyrant, the ever-present bully who feels justified in his actions and has no humanity left whatsoever. He can destroy you physically and mentally, he can corrupt the likes of Mary Marvel, superman and Dan Turpin. Darkseid is the evil at the core of all things, and he knows it damn well and will let everyone else know it as well.

>do a shit job with literally everyone
>you damn well know he's going to go overboard with this bibical shit in JL given Steppenwolf's appearance, all those Lex rants and Superman's literal resurrection
>he's the only one i trust
snydershill, this is some sad shit

Again with this guy. Snyder is great. Give it a rest, kid.

Farmer Thanos is a Thanos who lost all ambitions. He may be chill, but it not a same thing as Darkside, who's very chill even trying to conqure everything.

>Honestly, the only modern director I trust with the character is George Miller. Immortan Joe in Mad Max: Fury Road, I really feel to be basically Darkseid as it were.

Everything about Fury Road made me wish we got his Justice League movie. Maybe it was Brendan McCarthy's input, but it was comic book as fuck.

Shame, it can't happen cause Fury Road didn't make money. While shit like SS or BvS makes tons of it.

Different user here: I love DC's stable of characters, with Supes as my favorite hero period and Darkseid in my top 3 favorite villains.

Snyder's done some great work, but MoS and BvS were shit.

Darkseid Is sitting in my 2nd favorite chair

>Fury Road didn't make money
wat

Guaranteed in JL2 Flash is going to freak when he sees Darkseid on his FIRST favorite chair.

The current Darkseid shard is also a farmer... maybe they can go agriculurate together or something.

Darkseid is cool, minus all the anti-life equation stuff.

Like, the anti-life thing is just mind control in a universe which there are multiple supers who can mind control people all day.

Unlike normal mind control, the ALE is supposed to permanently erode the soul and make the victim into the master's eternal pawn.

Unfortunately it's been used and countered repeatedly in comics by shitty writers.

If anything, anti life is one of the best aspects of Darkseid. It's not mind control, it proves free will is worthless. It's also a lifestyle of absolute misery, one can be self conscious and still se anti life around himself.

He's sort of a cross between Satan, Hitler and Nixon. He's ultimate evil, he's a space tyrant, but he's also very personable, an archetypal old establishment figure that looks down on you, personally, and judges you for your life choices. He's someone who always responds to the heroes' adherence to idealism and greater good with the mocking eyes of an old veteran who's been there, done that, and decided it was all bullshit.

Essentially imagine a guy who went to Vietnam, got all the goodness burned out of him there, and then became a top Wall Street shark. Now imagine him in his New York penthouse, looking down on Millennials fighting for safe spaces and transgender bathrooms. That's how Darkseid sees superheroes.

Saved the day at the cost of everyone's tomorrow given how he did it.

Thanks, I had to head out to work after asking that question. If you needed sleep when you got home I understand, looking forward to seeing them.

its literally a math equation that proves darkseid's will is ultimate and nothing else matters how is that not the sickest sounding shit you ever heard

That's Mongul

Does anyone have that one post from that user saved where Superman confused all three of them?

I think it was Timm who said that both Darkseid and Luthor were absorbed into the Source Wall. Even if the DCAU continuity were to continue the only path it could take to let Darkseid, Brainiac, and Luthor free would be to adapt Countdown, and Dini's pretty much wrote the whole thing already and I doubt he'd want to adapt his own story.

If the Anti Life equation is so good, then why hasn't Darkseid already conquered the universe with it?

ALE is nothing compared to plot armor.

he already conquered earth once (along with the countless other earths he has been shown to have destroyed), and because of superman. read a comics and you will see why.

loneliness + alienation + fear + despair + self-worth ÷ mockery ÷ condemnation ÷ misunderstanding × guilt × shame × failure × judgment n=y where y=hope and n=folly, love=lies, life=death, self=dark side

You will now commit suicide.

All I see is plot armor and anime-tier "hurrr you can fight it" speeches. Also, ass pulls like the metron emblem which conveniently get pulled every other elseworld.

then it isnt your thing user, simple as that

No, he's right. The ALE should've stayed a menacing background threat, never getting used.

Using it means the heroes have to beat it, and beating it means it's not what it was built up to be.

Publishing it (like in ) was a mistake too.

Islamic State

i agree to publish it was a mistake, but i think the only time the ALE shouldve ever been used was in final crisis, and after that never again (excluding other media, reboots) but basically once per universe and if its beaten darkseid's fucked for a while i guess

>bibical shit

God you are such a pleb

kek good one

He wouldn't be so emo if he were on Ritalin, like Star Butterfly...

a win.

I remember a theory going around during Final Crisis that the Speed Force was the Life Equation (the stagnation of a life of mindless slavery vs. the power and freedom of constant motion). That would have been cool.

The best way to fix the DC movies would be to say that Darkseid is behind the Snyderverse grimdarkness.

Here, he is GOD

I like to imagine that Luthor wandered into the CN offices after crossing the Wall.

>it's just a a dark void down there
I don't really know what I was expecting or why I even checked so thoroughly.

Would suscribe to his chair rating youtube channel.

youtube.com/channel/UCAajKTeS-mCS3PccJUrrIzw

Like a slave galley after 3 days constant rowing; like a battlefield during a massacre; like a factory where the workers are chained to the machines; like a city burning as it is bombed; like a world slowly dying.

He is

Johns has been shown to not be overly good with darkseid so i can understand not wanting him.

But how on earth could you think synder is best for the job.

so he's a personification of Islam....?

Darkseid is

He is the worst aspects of every religion past, present and future

Come to think of it i wonder how johns would do with the endless.

yeah pretty cultish, followers are about submission... makes sense.

glad i'm an atheist. but that's also why i hate superman. god complex bullshit. now that i know that this superman villain is also a god complex fetish i've lost interest again

youtube.com/watch?v=fZpJ7yUPwdU

But darkseid is literaly a god.

Darkseid war and specifically grail is a funny thing.
I read the arc and i thought she was a pretty poor character.

Then i noticed there was a one shot i had missed.
Shes fucking devientart oc tier holy shit.

Since the Anti Life equation came from beyond the source wall I always thought it was absolute proof to the characters that they were not real and because of that they have no free will, that they have literally nothing and are nothing. And they submit to Darkseid because the writers decree that they do.

It's head canon sure but I like it better than what Morrison did

>i'm an atheist. but that's also why i hate superman
Superman doesn't mind if you don't believe in him, user.

I like it better too.

>glad i'm an atheist. but that's also why i hate superman. god complex bullshit

Is this b8? Superman doesn't have a God complex you fucking moron. Luthor has a God Complex

Hey remember when darkseid got the infinity gauntlet, and it didn't work.

Meh, kinda stupid. Mainly because his minions are all over the fucking place. He has a neanderthal for a son, a evil fat grandma as a general, a German coming out of some US WWI propaganda and the New Gods he fights are hardly better.

How is Granny Goodness going to fit in the Synderverse?

>How is Granny Goodness going to fit in the Synderverse?
Hopefuly by then synders infulunce will be mostly gone.

They are gods. You may as well ask why the hindi gods are so varied or on a higher level the varied domains and intrests of the endless or even at a lower level why etrigan looks nothing like baytor or even merlin.

He becomes a lot less threatening when you learn he had a dad and isn't the alpha patriarch of the Apokolips pantheon.

Concepts and Tiger Forces don't have dads.

>How is Granny Goodness going to fit in the Synderverse?

You didnt saw Sucker Punch?

The only time DC has done damage control over Johns was after Blackest night. So he isnt good with them.

Don't be ridiculous, nobody saw Sucker Punch.

I think that's part of the point. The only way for his minions to differentiate themselves is through ridicule. Darkseid will not allow an individual other than himself on Apokolips unless they're an utter caricature and laughing stock, as a small warning for other people who would want to rise beyond their station as well.

Not only will Darkseid not let you be what you want, he won't let you look cool doing what you don't want either. That's a whole new level of evil right there.

is this what its like to feel baited?

concepts could definitely have "dads" i.e. ideas that lead or segue into other ideas

Because it was outside of its native universe.

How is this even up to debate.

youtube.com/watch?v=ZyILB1cVS7g

l-lewd

I've always liked the concept of Evil Overlords thanks to Sauron, and I certainly love how Darkseid doesn't have fanboy writers that just let him win all the time like his cross company counterpart.

He's a solid villain, a legitimate threat whenever he shows up and I think he deserves to be an upcoming big bad in the DCEU

the anti-life equation is clearly within the amount of chairs you have to sit in your entire lifetime

prove me wrong.

>What are your thoughts on Darkseid, Cred Forums?
More interesting than Jedi Knight Cred Forums

now imagine if it did work, how fucked would both universes be?

>Darkseid's Omega Beam can't even blow up a rock or Supes' hands
DEFEND THIS Cred Forums

superman is tough, there ya go

MCU Thanos disputes Darkseids chair sitting title.

Well, Tawky killed his son, Kalibak, when Kalibak was turned into a... TIGER!

The same fucked as when anyone else uses the gauntlet?

I completely forgot about this sorry. I'll start in 15 minutes.