This is now available for streaming on HBOGo. Does it suck...

This is now available for streaming on HBOGo. Does it suck? I've never read the comics but I did think the movie was silly fun.

It's pure 90's shlock, some of it in a good way and a lot of it in a bad way.

WANDAAAAAAAAAAA

it's fucking excellent and if you don't think so then you are a fag

relatively consistent with the comics

it's a travesty no new western animations come close to the fidelity of this animation

Its pretty good

Extremely well-animated, fantastic voice work, awesome atmosphere, but as someone said here, the first half of it is the same thing over and over. Some dude tries to start shit in the alley, Spawn fucks him up, the bums want him to leave, the one bum is like "come on guys, he's messed up, let him stay", Violator bitches at him for not doing his job, episode ends.

>thought the image was cybersix and got excited
damn you user

You forgot the part where the detectives somehow always dont see spawn

>there will never ever be a S&T spinoff cartoon with the same glorious animation

I felt like some of the episodes defeated the message they were trying to make.

I remember one episode McFarlane leads in with his little spiel, this one about "would you recognize evil if you saw it? Does evil always appear sinister and yadda yadda, Evil can look like anything" and then the episode opens with a priest using a deaf boy as a body shield killing cops with grenades.

Evil can be REAL subtle huh?

>then the episode opens with a priest using a deaf boy as a body shield killing cops with grenades

man

that's pretty rockin

It's awesome. Teletoon used to air it every Halloween when I was a kid so watch it almost every october.

let's hang out

>Teletoon used to air it every Halloween

Seriously? How the hell did I miss out on seeing this?

it won an emmy I think?

I've only seen a piece of this show and Spawn's voice is the most amazing and beautiful thing I have heard in ages.

dont forget a generous amount of time devoted to Spawn blubbering about Wanda

Is it odd that I often compare this TAS to the Hellsing OVAs in my mind? I basically came in for the schlock and stayed for the everything else.

I fucking loved it

I really want a Sam and twitch detective show

Gaiman made a shitload of money with this and the movie.

It was good, although as other anons said it did kind of drag in the earlier episodes. And despite the show benefiting from being slow and atmospheric, it also means they barely got through the first major arcs of the comic. It also ended on a major cliffhanger, so be wary of that.

Well I think the point was that it was a priest, you wouldn't expect the holy father to be prepared to do that shit.