>the
>comics?"

How about you fucking read the comics?

That'd be elitist user.

Yup
Not really
Nope

Was that so hard?

>your friends unironically asking you if a movie stayed faithful to the source material
>not taking the opportunity to point out how shitty Explosions: The Film really is and start a cascade of hate for capeshit movies
How about you fucking suck a blade?

The questions never stop. Trust me I am always trying to get people interested in comics, but I don't waste time with people (like my friend) that only want to accrue comic-knowledge so they can look smart.

Remember when at the end of the Avengers that teaser of Thanos? Remember all the stories of people acting like they knew who it was? I was with my friend who legit COULD NOT BREATHE and was hyperventilating because she was sooo excited to see Darkseid!! That's her FAVORITE CHARACTER, user! I even let her sit there and tell me allll about his origins and ties to the upcoming Marvel films.

A lot of normals don't really get the separate comic universe thing. Like how every animated film is made by Disney.

Did she really know anything about the New Gods?

Friends always ask me this kind of stuff and I don't know how to just say "I don't read Marvel and DC."

You sound like a cunt rn

The people I hang out with doesn't even care about comics or about anything that happens in the movie, they just want to watch and drool at cool fights and quips. At least your friends are invested in these characters.

I'd wish they'd ask me.

>Friend of mine wants to be Dr. Strange for Halloween.
>Ask him what Dormammu looks like.
>blank stare
>"Do you even know what kind of Doctor he was?"
>shrug
>"Let me tell you about Shuma-Gorath."

It's usually the opposite for me where I'm telling everyone how things were in the comics and they listen because we're in a car together and they can't get away.

>When all you want to do is to dress up for Halloween but your friend tries to get you into a Lovecraftian cult.

Better me than the Dagonists.

I actually enjoy answering questions

a person genuinely wants to know more about the comics, and I love comparing the differences, so why shouldnt enlighten him?

this find that someone who watched the movie first have different expectations, so they a different perspective, and its always fun seeing what other people think about certain changed

Oh no, your friends are genuinely interested in something you have knowledge about and want to learn more and discuss this point of interest with you! Those assholes!

I don't read the comics either but I just make shit up and since they're never going to read them they believe me. Some of what I say I've learned on Cred Forums but a lot of it is just bs. Like how Superman can fly because he's fluttering his feet super fast.

>fluttering his feet super fast....

Th..that's not how he flys?

How about you fucking answer their questions?

You own the comics. Just loan your retarded friends the comics to make the questions stop. They're not going to buy the comics otherwise they already would have.

>they proceed to bend the shit out of my trades
No thank you. People treat that shit like it's a fucking magazine.

You don't have friends.

I genuinely dislike hearing the phrase "the comics" now in any context. Something feels wrong about the word the being there always all the time.

>actually expecting people to read through a shitton of comics with most likely no idea of where to start and no grasp of how the timelines or alternate realities or other characters taking up the mantle of the hero/es or all that shit work plus not to mention they probably have no idea where to find these said comics, whether they purchase them or download them, instead of just not being a complete nigger and answering their questions

you're a shit friend, OP

comics are a fucking cluster fuck and giant messes only no lifers can actually enjoy. Shit is fucking gay as fuck.

user, for once your extensive knowledge of comics is useful and you're turning down the chance? You're all kinds of stupid right now.

>be the comic book guy in my group of friends
>they never ask me any questions
Why do I bother memorizing all this shit.

Because it's fun as fuck when you actually meet other people who have also memorized this shit and you can talk with them about it. It's not fun to explain this shit to normies, trust me. Their eyes just start to glaze over after the first sentence or two. Why bother asking in depth questions if you're not gonna care about the answers, fucking normies man.

>Friend: "So... is Teen Titans Go any good?"
>Me: "It's not. You know it's not, and you know I know it's not. You're only asking because you like listening to me go on angry tangents about Cartoons."
>Friend: "..."
>Me: "...am I right?"
>friend: "...Yes."
>Me: "Okay then." *Goes on 30 minute angry tangent about TTG*
I have become synonymous with Cred Forums to my friends.

>watching movies with others
You brought it on yourself, other people tend to be annoying.

>autism

>I don't actually enjoy talking to my friends.

Lel sounds Luke they treat you like their autistic let, they press a button and out comes autism.

the anachronism is what gets me. fedoralords wearing an ill-fitting sport jacket at least are trying for a look, they just don't have any kind of sense of style or genuine appreciation of fashion

but this nigga is harking back to two different time periods simultaneously, one of which is closer to the modern day than it is to the other one. its so shallow and stupid that it just, agh

like these dudes are just dumb people arent they, they're not just socially awkward, they're genuinely dumb as fuck kids who think they're really smart because they read comics and play video games and those are things that nerds do ergo they are smart, fuck

suck my dick, I am drunk

No, but he has the right idea on how Superman would actually need something to propel him forward.
super farts

Iron man fighting captain America makes no sense: Iron man would just need to blow up some shit all around captain America and he could only protect himself from one direction with his shield.
Just gas him or something.

If it's what makes them happy I have plenty to give.

Same reason Superman Vs. Batman is a thing. He could kill Cap, but he's not trying to.

>How about you fucking read the comics?
settle the fuck down

I'm willing to bet you're probably an obnoxious 3rd wheel

>it's a Cred Forums pretends to be a normie on Cred Forums episode

>on Cred Forums

>so does x-o manowar ever fight bloodshot?
>is shadowman like the videogames?
>wheres turok?

Just you wait till the Valiant movies start to come out and people suddenly get interested in the comics.

>Valiantfags believe this

>The questions never stop. Trust me I am always trying to get people interested in comics, but I don't waste time with people (like my friend) that only want to accrue comic-knowledge so they can look smart.
She was seriously wrong about the darkseid thing but so far from your few posts it just sounded like someone asking a question.

>Just loan your retarded friends the comics to make the questions stop
Not him, but I've tried this. They won't read it for months. People just aren't interested in reading anything that's not on a mobile phone screen these days.

I have done this a bunch, my family finds most super hero movies enjoyable but are put off by the huge amount of continuity and retcons that most comics have. the only time I actively sperged out was when my father saw an episode of the Lucifer show and I tried to explain how vastly better the comic was, I lent him a few issues of Lucifer and some sandman to provide context and he enjoyed them.

Capeshit fans as touchy as ever.