Shelfs

Recent Purchases
& Shelf Thread

Other urls found in this thread:

edelweiss.abovethetreeline.com/ProductDetailPage.aspx?sku=1401268900&catalogID=3965588&mailingID=0&g=4400
hplovecraft.com/popcult/comics.aspx
youtu.be/8WL3Xo2AZgU?t=1m30s
comicbookdb.com/issue.php?ID=291812
innocenceofnihilism.com/SBFREEREAD.html
mediafire.com/?kg941a8k7w8hlfq
desuarchive.org/co/thread/84532996/#84537734
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

Got this the other day.

Got this today. TONS of old X-factor books in the 1 dollar bin. will def grab more next week when my wallet replenishes.

Went to Montreal last week. I may have gone too far in a few places...

How is IDW Judge Dredd these days? Didn't the creative team for the Mega City 2 mini take over the main series?

One, I need to check out more European books.

Two, what is Mooncop?

Latest Drawn & Quarterly release. They actually had a launch party at their bookstore while I was visiting so I ended up getting a signed copy. In retrospect I wish I got the french translation instead, for some reason the cover and the binding were way nicer than on the english version.

Rate me anons.

Just a quick heads up: If you live near a Hastings I suggest that you haul ass there soon because they're shutting down and their sales are pretty damned good. I ended up paying $8 for a pile of comics that would've cost $70 apparently.

Got the three Miller DD trades. Didn't expect for Turk to end up being my favorite character.
Not sure what I should get next. I'll probably grab Nausicaä.

protip: Ekho is illustrated by the guy who did Skydoll if you're looking for more of that sweet sweet Italo-BD plot and backstory. Don't know if has translations though.

>Mega City 2
same writer different artist
It's kind of bland, I only read it to see what shenanigans dredd gets into this month but am never satisfied

>Turk end up being my favorite character.
My niggah

Nice monthly pull you got there, some grade A good stuff. Also why not pick up Daredevil and Moon Knight if you read Punisher?

My LCS is in Hellblazer #2, pretty cool

I let someone borrow MK I do love me some metakino, can I just jump into the DD or do I need to jump a few issues back?

NYC?

Newest DD is spectacular so far, you can honestly jump in from either the latest run, beginning of Waid's run, or start way further back and read Bendis' run and then Brubakers run (it's basically the spiritual sequel to Bendis' run) or go straight to the beginning with Frank Miller. Honestly if you're tight on money Soule's run is a great place to start, only 11 issues in so far but it's pretty damn fantastic with Ron Garney on art duties.

I also just spent $9 onfirst printing issue 1 of the new Moon Knight serires and haggled a dude on Ebay to get issue 2 first printing for only $6 with free shipping. I should've just bought them when they first came out but I was going through a dumb total anti marvel phase. I'm ok with atleast the street level Marvel heroes since they never get dragged into the bullshit modern crossover events.

Nah, Orbital comics in London, it shows up when he's evading some goons, thought it was pretty cool, I wonder how they felt?

There's my DD stuff, I've also have the JRJR stuff too, love me some typhoid.
I've read the Ellis MK really loved it. The run after his pure garbage. Lemire is killing it right now also his Black Hammer is amazing

I only went in for Batgirl and Teen Titans.

That is top class taste in Marvel Capes right there senpai. Just pick up Soules run, it's really good and it's DD in his element. Waid's run is great but it's really campy compared to every other DD run.

Deathstroke is so fucking good, the other titles are decent too, kind of annoyed TT Rebirth was just a roster set up issue.

>buy Blood Fued instead of Harrow County since BF is shipped by Amazon and I want it included with a larger order so it gets the box treatment instead of an envelope
>it's getting shipped separately

Oh boy, time to play mail roulette. Last three books shipped in an envelope got fucked, I fucking wonder how this'll turn out.

How does everyone decide what to buy? There's only so much you can get at once, and I at least have a backlog that'll take years to clear because I started last spring and it's always a pain to decide what to get.

Always a couple of books in a single series at once. And one or two Vol 1's.

There is nothing worse for me than a shelf full of unfinished series.

Also, always a combination of capeshit and non-cape.

>Also, always a combination of capeshit and non-cape.
More people need to think that way

>There is nothing worse for me than a shelf full of unfinished series.
Yeah, that's horrible.

>Six Pack & Dog Welder

Taste a bunch of different writers & arists
Find out what you like, buy there stuff

Well I have more Ennis than any other author already.
Gonna get Fury.

Just got this ennis floppy today

Goddamn,is Bendis pinching a loaf there.

>the other titles are decent too

Eh, I'm not feeling Hellblazer or Frostbite. Won't be keeping up with either.

Bendis truly is horrible.

>Mr. Stroke
I'm proud of you, user.

Shame about Frostbite, the artist is amazing, I love his style but with Williamson announced as writer it was obviously going to suck.

>kind of annoyed TT Rebirth was just a roster set up issue.

Ah it's a Rebirth one shot. That's kinda what it's for

Notice how it's calls bendis a creator
& not a writer

Mark's picture looks like a mug shot.

How about the artist's own work Empty Zone?

Better written(not amazing but not bad by any means) and with a better setting.

Dog Welders the hero of us all.

I recently finished The Creeper HC. The stories that weren't written by Denny O'Neil were noticeably weaker, and I'd probably go as far to say I think they were bad. I think I regret buying it.

My current purchases. I also got Michael Moorcock's Elric Vol. 2: Stormbringer on Amazon

Recent stuff. Some posted in the last thread, some new.

My September haul. I got some of them in August but I got them signed in September at a comics festival.
Signed: MMO, HHFT, DR & Q by Davis, The Oliver East books and Devlin Waugh by Phillips (I also bought an original Hellblazer page from Phillips).

>Toth Zorro
nice

Also, how is Hip Hop Family Tree? What is it even about?

Toth Zorro was pretty cheap since they were old copies.

I haven't read read Hip Hop Family Tree yet but it chronicles the history of hip hop. Vols 1-2 cover the years 1975-1983 and vols 3-4 cover 1983-1985.

I need to start getting those Dick Tracy books,they look cool.

Just picked up Rebirth Deathstroke 1-3.

Good man. You should get Rebirth #1 too.

For what ever reason the LCS i go to didn't have it,i am about to go check the other one i go to every once in awhile for it.

Got this in the mail today.

Just got back from picking it up.

Rachel Rising Omnibus vanished from IST hours after I discovered it. Feels like shit senpai.

Good going, user.

Terry Moore's stuff is self published so it had a limited print run. The black one sold out during pre-order. I haven't read it, but had the foresight to buy it before it disappeared.
There is a softcover version soon (with a red cover), if that is any consolation.

I dunno how well a softcover omnibus would hold up.
I was planning on buying it the day I found it, but I guess I learned about it too late.
Need to visit IST every week I guess.

Is that Doom Patrol Amazon thing an actual glitch or is the book a TPB that's 20 bucks? i've heard both.

Is this the new cover? Sexy.

Yeah its a sleeve that comes off. Looks pretty damn cool. I'm finishing up Watchmen then I'm gonna start on it. The art is gorgeous.

Pardon my casualness, but where did you find/buy those pamphlet-looking comics in the bottom right corner? I was able to learn more about "Your Black Friend" after looking it up on Google, but I wasn't able to find anything for "Food Baby," for example.

ShortBox. It's a minicomic subscription box.

It might be a tpb but there is no harm in pre ordering it

Collects MY GREATEST ADVENTURE #80-85 and DOOM PATROL #86-97

Just got in Doctor Strange, Howard the Duck, Nextwave, and The Fix vol 1

Meh, posted this in the last thread two days ago but since it's a fresh haul that i just got I'll bump the thread.

I need to get more duck comics

The isbn is the same as the hardcover
edelweiss.abovethetreeline.com/ProductDetailPage.aspx?sku=1401268900&catalogID=3965588&mailingID=0&g=4400

If you've read it, how is kid eternity

I was in a hotel with little to do but internet shopping for the last week.

WHOOPS.

I really really dig it. I don't think it's among Morrison's best because it doesn't feel like he put as much soul and heart into it as he did in his more personal works but it's still a really cool and fun story, it's very engaging and gripping. I'm also a huge fan of Duncan Fegredo and I think this is his second best work after Enigma. I dig it a lot and I'm quite a bit fan of Kid Eternity, I liked his following ongoing despite the fact that it got short and I heard DC are going to collect it next year so I hope they don't cancel it before putting it out like they've done with lots of stuff in the past few years. It's weirder, very surreal but I enjoyed it very much also.

Anyway, I recommend it, even if you don't end up a big fan I'd imagine the concept will be interesting enough and Fegredo's art is amazing so I can't imagine that you won't at least enjoy it.

Alright, lads. I just got Omega Men, what am I in for?

Is it as good as they say?

Got these last week at HPB. Next week when I get paid again I'm gonna get Toil and Trouble and The Hero books one and two by David Rubin

Still waiting on vol 6 of New 52 Swamp Thing, vol 5 of New 52 Animal Man and vol 3 of Millar's Swamp Thing. Will have to chase these as they are late now.

Pain in the arse since I wanted to read 5-7 of Swampy this weekend. I'd been reading them as they were released but stopped after 4.

Also some of it was non-Cred Forums but whatever.

What's this? Looks boss but I don't recognise it.

What is the purpose of this question? If you already have it then read it. Do you want someone to make up your mind for you?

Eternaut

Recently added the "75 Years of Marvel Covers" slipcased hardback - except that the bastard thing is huge and won't fit on this shelf...

And just ordered Goon #3, the first Scott Pilgrim hardcover, and The Planetary Omnibus. £71 for that little lot, so the planned purchase of both Umbrella Academies, The first Filth/Invisibles/Fables deluxes, and Goon #4 are being postponed until next month.

And then maybe the Rick and Morty HC, and possibly an Absolute for Xmas.

I typically only buy stuff I really like/want to read again. So far that's left my collection pretty small. For example, I want to get more indie and Euro comics but I've yet to read one that really gets to me. Hope I find one soon.

cool, hope it's still there when i got 25 bucks...

Is that the whole silver age Doom Patrol? or is this gonna be vol 1?

What's the best way to keep a shelf of trades to stand up on their own before the shelf is filled?

book ends

Fuck, I don't usually do action figures, but this Etrigan is tempting me.

Panic.
Plan.
Carefully construct and order.
Get cold feet at last second and don't order.
Panic.
Panic.
Panic.
Impulse buy stuff I didn't even want that badly instead of things I've been wanting for months.
Repeat.

These too, although in an ideal world I'd be able to just grab Etrigan and Batman by themselves rather than as part of these two sets.

Yeah, I'm also really tempted by that.
I wish it didn't include Klarion so it could be cheaper though.

AN order, not AND order.

Just picked up some reading/practice material while in France. The inconsistent sizing + backwards spine text annoys me an unreasonable amount

I swear marvel are the biggest jews. Where do they get off on calling this an "omnibus"? For reference the fable deluxe is fifteen issues.

Dat issue of Uptight is the bet yet. Some variety to the drawing (thinking especially of the weird space asteroid story), such a high point of the series. Fell kinda lucky to have first four issues of Crane's self-pubb'd Keeping Two. Also bought Agony when it came out, SO GLAD it got reprinted! I have the shitty Image b & w Toth Zorro which will do in a pinch but kudos for taste anyway, user.

So, Swamp Thing an public information videos. Thrilling purchases.

what in the hell are those dvd's?

Something heavy, if you have a large HC just put it on the end...hell just go find a bigass rock and clean the dirt and shit off it. that works too.

Yeah its one of those things I want but can't afford but also have nowhere to display even if i did have the cash. DC has really improved their fig lines lately though, cool stuff.

Yeah they really are the worst for that shit, the tpbs they charge almost 40 dollars for here are smaller than something like a BPRD plague of frogs vol or one of the new pritings of doom patrol or sandman mystery theater which go for around 25-30$

Plus they use really shitty paper on most of their recent stuff

Jeez that Doctor Strange omnibus is tiny

Silver Age Doom Patrol goes up to #121

heavy metal doesn't sound as hardcore when "Le" is in front of it...

It really is. There's literally no extra content besides a cover gallery.

It's a mistake by Amazon, it happens all the time. If you pre-order it at the price it is now, they'll honor it unless DC re-solicits it.

I gotta get this before it disappears again.

>need $2.50 for free shipping on that Doom Patrol book

fucking amazon.

it's in the current humble bundle fyi at like the 15$ level

>it's in the current humble bundle fyi at like the 15$ level
Pretty sure that's just a digital version.

Don't do digital. I don't like paying for something I can't touch, although that ain't a bad deal if so.

Get on it user

How do I into Barks/Rosa duck comics? Never read any and would like an order to buy/read them in

Barks: Read them in release order. They published the best volumes first in my opinion. On Wikipedia, they listed them all with the release dates.

Rosa: Depends. I'd read Bark's work and see if you like Duck comics in general. If you do, start with Vol 1

up

>I have the shitty Image b & w Toth Zorro which will do in a pinch but kudos for taste anyway, user.
I got the Eclipse editions. I wonder if they're any better.

fair enough

You mean you don't like getting ten pages of 70's reprint covers that are in the back of every Marvel Omnibus for 60's material?

Whats that Ghost Busters book?

I can't imagine them being any WORSE, familia

>tfw IST is missing one book out of your list, CGN has that one but is missing a different one out of your list and you can't order from both because it'd be too expensive from overseas.
will have to order it from amazon as soon as I get a confirmation on what was actually still available out of my list.

Raw faggotry coming through, 1/12

2/12

3/12

4/12

Faggotry indeed, user. For the simple reason that you took these pictures with a potato. Ho am I supposed to see what you actually have on your shelves if I can barely make out anything in these images?

5/12

6/12
Some of us have more important things to spend money on than cameras or decent phones, like comics, f'rinstance

7/12

TOP KEK
O
P
K
E
K

Seven of twelve

8/12

9/12

I have a shitty and cheap phone and even that takes better pictures. Come on, man...

10/12

Cred Forums--where we don't discuss content but people's shitty phones, even though 90% of these pics are completely readable.
11/12

12/12

why go through the trouble of posting 12 pics where you can't see shit user

should have skipped buying 1 book and get a better camera or cell phone instead.
from what I can recognize it is an impressive collection though.

Collections of old public information films.

They're great. Seeing how the government presented the Suez crisis as it happened and stuff like that is super interesting.

OPEN IMAGE IN NEW TAB IF THE QUALITY IS SO SHITTY. I can read the titles fine unless they're some micro-shit like the Dave Cooper trilogy or something.
Thanks, I guess...
Had a shelf collapse on me here's a coipla bits I haven't decided where to put yet

Latest purchases. Still waiting for John Pham self-pubb'd stuff and Papergirls trade and some other shit.

has anyone here ordered overseas from Cheap Graphic Novels?
I know they say it's just a rough estimate and they will most likely scale the costs down to something regular, but I am about to order 11 books from them and the estimated shipping costs of $124.99 is making me just SLIGHTLY nervous.

It's an IDW series. It's alright, mostly a sucker for Ghostbusters.

Great collection, poor lighting.

You should really condense these down into a few pictures as well.

At least you're not posting these in every single thread like some anons.

OPENING IMAGE IN A TAB DOESN'T DO JACK SHIT FOR SOME OF THESE TITLES - IT'S LITERALLY JUST A BLURRY MESS

seriously, what's with the caps

I desperately want to reorder your shelves but you do have a cool collection of titles.

so, assuming the hawkeye omnibus is too expensive for me, what tpb should i get just to get the good part of the story, since i heard not all is good

There really is no point bagging and boarding most new comics

The first trade.

Thanks a lot, seeing as Cred Forums nominally exists in a partisan bubble of capestuff that mean a lot (I have longboxes full of the capeshit I grew up with, I just dislike most of the contemporary crap).
Yeah man I get your point but with the differing sizes of the books it makes it hard to read some of the spines which are overshadowed by a bigger comic. Of course, I guess the spines are pretty hard to read as is, kek....will take some new photos on my mates camera. And they could do with some reordering but I tried alphabetizing by author and they just looked weird, like--big book, tiny book, huge book, average sized book, tiny book etc so I kind of try to keep 'em organized by author.
Seriously will up my camera game next time Cred Forumsmrades. thanks for looking.

i found out there is a volume1 hardcover that collects 1-11 (i think its like the first 2 trades) for like 22€. How bout that? good deal?

up

oh god what have they dun to poor batman

Regular trade. It starts getting rotten in the second trade.

Wanted to start a comic collection for a while. Picked these two up today. Doom Patrol is fantastic so far.

Have read bits of Dredd before so I know what I'm getting into. Could anyone give me any recs based on these two?

Also interested in picking up Hellboy: Library Edition btw

Judge Dredd The Complete Case Files 02 and Doom Patrol Book Two

>street fighter unlimited 10
>street fighter legends cammy 3
>street fighter swim suit special
>darkwing duck 5
>xena warrior princess 6
>invader zim 13

rate me, senpai

Nice toe, faggot
What are you, a size ten?

thx

There's Xena comics?How are they?

very faithful to the TV show's tone.
but with more obvious lesbian action.

Sounds good to me.

have there been any direct adaptations of lovecraft stories or are they all just loosely based off lovecrafts work?

there was some 4 part comic in recent years I read which was really close.
I think it's Dunwich Horror 1-4 printed by IDW. Maybe check that one out, no guarantees how close it is though since I read it when it was released (2011) and read my Lovecraft way earlier (close to 15 years ago)

>This list consists of published comic adaptations of Lovecraft’s works, and not those numerous comics which are merely inspired by Lovecraft.
hplovecraft.com/popcult/comics.aspx

thank you

Alan Moore's Swamp Thing, Marshall Law, Morrison Animal Man, Dial H

>Will have to chase these as they are late now.

nvm

They could've included the letters page's like in the Amazing Spider-Man omni's.

Have a big batch of trades in the post. This is all for now.

Speaking of letters pages, I would pay whatever price they asked for a book full of just Letterbocks from the Viz. None of the comics, just the letters pages.

Oh fuck I didn't even know they were doing an omnibus. NEED THAT SHIT.

What are you guys reading??

I'm halfway through the first Sandman omnibus and I love that. I'm gonna stop reading this for a while till I get the second omnibus

3/4 into the ASM by Lee & Ditko omnibus and I'm also really enjoying that

I just started the Doom Patrol omnibus and I really enjoyed the first issue. I was scared I wouldn't dig this since I hated the Invisibles.

I'm reading the john carter omni

Thanks for the recs man. Marshall Law and Swamp Thing both look pretty neat.

for a second there I thought those Choosing Sides floppies were trades and I wondered just how long Civil War II was running already if it was possible to order trades of it when it hadn't even finished.

Currently on Book Two of Gotham Central, I'm not a huge fan of cop dramas and it feels a bit pretentious (forced social commentary) but it's actually a ton of fun with well rounded characters, absurd action and a really quick pace to the whole series

A few issues into Batman Inc as well and its just so much fun, really great art with fast paced crazy action, so many fun locales already and its an enjoyably readable Morrison story (so far at least)

I really haven't been too keen on the new Xena series... the plot feel like its being made up issue to issue with no overarching plan - and most of the action is spent on a bunch of OCs I literally couldn't give a shit about.

I'm a major Xena nerd and own every comic that's been printed - I'm hoping the new crossover with Army of Darkness is more to my liking.

the inclusion of lesbian action I have no problem with however

Read some pre-Moore Swampy or Moore's run loses some of its impact.

The original Wein/Wrightson run is good. Collected as Roots of the Swamp Thing.

Recent Additions:
Swamp Thing Vol 4 -6
Batman: The Man Who Laughs
All-Star Superman
Batman Incorporated Vol 2

1/6

If you're into your Lovecraft, there's a comic adaptation of MR James' work out soon.

Similar in tone, and James is someone Lovecraft cited as an influence and considered one of the great horror authors.

any appearance of Legion of Super-Heroes in chronological order. 1968 at the moment, slowly starts picking up.
Also ordered all of LoSH vol 5 (Waid's/Shooter's run from the mid 2000s) plus CoIE deluxe edition, Legion of Super-Heroes Archive vol 11 and Kill Six Billion Demons from IST. I guess it'll take about a month until it's here though, shipping to Germany.

2/6

3/6

4/6

Didn't realize Southern Bastards hardcover was out already.
>Collects issues 1-8
Seems low. Is there lots of extra content?

5/6

6/6

>that Crisis on Infinite Earths Deluxe Edition
So that's what I'm in for? It looks really big considering how cheap it actually is, almost as big as the Animal Man Omnibus besides it.
There must be a catch, does it fall apart during first reading or something?

Not all that much extra content. There is a Cover Gallery, Sketchbook, and a couple of Southern Recipes and that's it.

i really thought Ditko did more Strange than that Omnibus looks like

>There must be a catch, does it fall apart during first reading or something?
It was a good catch, it has a lot of content. I haven't read it yet was waiting to get the rest of Swamp Thing to read it together so don't know if it will fall apart, but it feels pretty solid to me.

Just bought:
>Society of Super-Heroes
>Pax Americana
>The Just
each for 25 cents at my LCS's sale. Would've gotten the other Multiversity books if they were there, but I'm pretty happy with what I got (especially Pax).

The binding on it sucks.

youtu.be/8WL3Xo2AZgU?t=1m30s

oh christ that's a lot of gutter-loss, it looks like it's getting better later on though.

Damn. I didn't notice a lot of the gutter-loss when I flipped through the book. DC needs to work on their binding.

I got some pics from when I had to move my collection.
Sadly I still dont have it with me again, it is now stored away at my mom's, so I don't have any real shelfporn to share.

Stuff arrived at Mom's, floor is covered in folders filled with large format comics.

First pic was at the old storage place.

They're a lot better these days.

Ugh, Civil War 2, why user.. why....

I'll probably move into a bigger place soon, so we will be finally united again sometime soon.

There's a direct King in Yellow adaptation, not technically Lovecraft but yeah

I'm thinking of picking up The Doom Patrol Omni how is the binding quality?

>Bernd, räum doch endlich mal dein Zimmer auf!
The instant I saw those cheap cardboard longbox-look-alikes I knew you were German because I got some of those too. Kodi?
They look so piss-cheap.

Als Longbox-Ersatz nimmt der Mann von Welt natürlich geklaute Postkisten.

Oh and forgot to mention I also bought Power Girl - Power Trip and Legion - Secret Origin.
And I kind of lied, I haven't bought all of vol 5 because they didn't have the Enemy Manifest HC and were missing one of the Supergirl and the LoSH trades so I ordered those on amazon.
not that anyone cares since I didn't post pics...

Reminds me of the mess i had to deal with when i moved out on my own at 18, you should probably go through all your stuff and decide whats most important to you and do a bit of a purge, your mom doesnt need all that stuff sitting around at her place, even if she says she doesn't mind if shes anything like my mom she actually does. lol

Catching up on my backlog which isn't huge because I'm a poorfag, but I haven't been reading as much lately, watching too much netflix and fuckin around online... i need to set aside some time to actually sit and read.

And I just realized I already own Legion - Secret Origin. Fuck!
Oh well, coffee table...

>tfw work at a comic book store
>read comics for free at work

oopsie

I like superheros and big events. Just got into comics so I'm still a huge pleb

similar here. wasting too much time on Cred Forums instead of reading. but I'm also playing some games and read regular books right now.

>not including landis

I read comics for free all day on my computer and I still spend $200 a week on IST
Having a collection physical books is a totally different thing.

>$200 a week
jesus

benefit of infertility

how am I supposed to understand that? are you a prostitute and can go bareback with Johns and get paid extra for it or what? or do you get paid by a team of scientist so that they can do science-things on you (and molest you)?
or do you simple mean that you have a good job and no kids?

I think he's saying he doesnt have kids sucking his wallet dry. still you got to have a really good job to have $200 a week to blow on comics

middle management
no kids
so much extra money to spend on comics and treats for my dogs.

that is disappointing. I would really have prefered the first possibility.

Fairly tight, minor gutterloss.

Choosing what to order is always a task of Herculean proportions.
But right now my cart contains
>JSA Omnibus 1
>Moon Knight Epic Collections 1 & 2
>Ostrander's Suicide Squad 2

I was originally gonna get the last two Simonson Thor trades, but then I noticed they somehow had both of the MK collections in stock - this wasn't the case the last time I looked.
So yeah, better snatch that shit up.

Everything that arrived today! I was VERY disappointed in the size of the Dr. Strange Omni, hope Vol. 2 is bigger. I've been eyeing the Lee/Ditko ASM Omnis, are they still enjoyable?

>I've been eyeing the Lee/Ditko ASM Omnis, are they still enjoyable?
yes, more enjoyable than most of the current-day trash that's sold with a spider-man logo

you don't have to be... you can not be a wide eyed pleb

Not really, just a career and being an adult who doesnt piss away money on things they don't need or really want.

Rate me based on what series I need to finish buying or catch up on, what to buy, what to not finish, why I'm a huge pleb

Remaining volumes
Whedon X men
Manifest destiny
Seven soldiers
Witch doctor
Grayson
Ninjak
Rai
Man-thing
Stray Bullets
Low
Saga
Prophet
Black science
Johns Aquaman
Miller daredevil
Deadly class
Velvet
Punisher max
League of extraordinary gentleman
Geoff johns GL omnis
Gotham Central
Quantum and Woody
X men legacy
Morrison JLA
Simonson Thor
Ms marvel
The Strain
Fourth World
100 bullets
Preacher
WW new 52
Too many to count
Hellboy
BPRD
Love and Rockets
Usagi Yojimbo
Lone Wolf and Cub

dunno how much cash you're ready to spend so I'll just say finish/buy all series with just 1 volume remaining, take your own pick of the 2 volume stuff, punisher max (but just the ennis stuff), morrison's JLA, simonson's thor, 4th world (there are a few of the HC volumes still listed on either IST or CGN, can't remember which one it was, if you're lucky it's the ones you're missing), gotham central and most people will probably tell you bprd and hellboy, but don't. it's so fucking much.

I mean I don't figure I'll ever be 'caught up' with buying comics but I did this to keep track of my collection and hopefully curb some bad buying habits

I'll probably finish Gotham Central and Manifest Destiny soon, maybe something else too idk

Thanks for telling me about the 4th world, volume 3 is on IST and that's one of the ones i'm missing so i'll probably pick it up ASAP, I found vol 2 for super cheap and just been waiting to happen upon the others

Also waiting on DH to release more bigger collections of BPRD and Hellboy before I go down that rabbit hole

Bump

how dare you...

Going to be in empty flat with no internet for a week (living out of a suitcase unil I can move my shit in next week).

What's some good value stuff in terms of volume? As in books I can buy that will keep me going for a while that won't also bankrupt me.

>Recent purchases
The Multiversity: Society of Superheroes
Midnighter #1-3 (heard the was good, plus I saw Multiplex on the cover)
Forever Evil: A.R.G.U.S #2, 3, 5 (all for .60 cents each because going out of business. Could've gotten the trade at another store but I already had #1. Also Killer Frost)
Cyborg #8, #10 for the variants

>Impulse Buys: The Shade #5, #7, Mortal Kombat X #6-7

>Rebirth:
Cyborg: Rebirth
Cyborg #1
New Super-Man #2-3
Titans #1
Deathstroke #3

Still want/planning on:

Pretty much anything Fantastic Four
Rough Riders (only read one so far and liked it.)
Nightwing Rebirth
Replicas (From Aftershock. Skimmed thru a few issues. I liked it)

I dont know what you're into, but if you're into pulp literature and weird fiction you can get the john carter omni on amazon for 40 bucks, and while not comics for about 20 bucks each you can get the complete chronicles of conan, and Necronomicon: The Best Weird Tales of H.P. Lovecraft also on amazon

>the complete chronicles of conan
>Necronomicon: The Best Weird Tales of H.P. Lovecraft

If you do, please please please don't get them in softcover.
My Necronomicon is SC because of reasons and I'll have to replace it as it looks like its gonna come apart at any moment.
There's the Complete Fiction tome that I've been eyeing.

is The Sheriff of Babylon done on volume 2 or is it ongoing?

btw i'm new to the way americans release comics so, how much time is there usually between all TPBs volumes are out to when they release a hardcover compilation?

I think it's gonna be like Hellboy. Like miniseries every so often.

the hardcovers are really cheap right now. something like 15 bucks

you'd better spring some money for non-comic books then, depending on your taste.
but generally, in comic terms, dark horse and image stuff is better value for money than big 2. all my non-big 2 stuff was cheap as fuck comparably.

don't have a pic but I just got Vol 8 of Action Comics...miss you superbro

Picked up a huge run of Action Comics (#802-870, give or take a couple of issues) and Superman #651-668 (the Busiek Superman run), Hawk and Dove (the Liefeld drawn mini), LAW #1-6 (for my Question collection), Essential Avengers V4 and V8, Essential Defenders V1 and V2, New Teen Titans V1 #10, New Teen Titans V2 #46-49 and Annuals #1-4 (filling in more gaps for my Teen Titans collection).

Incoming, I've got Essential Punisher V1, Amazing Spider-Man #298 (first McFarlane Spidey and first Venom), New Teen Titans V1 #1, DC Comics Presents #26 (first New Teen Titans), and all three of the Mantlo Hulk TPBs (Pardoned, Regression, and Crossroads)

>Picked up a huge run of Action Comics (#802-870, give or take a couple of issues) and Superman #651-668 (the Busiek Superman run)

you did good son, you did good.

New trades:
Wonder Woman by Greg Rucka
Sensation Comics featuring Wonder Woman volume 2
Robin: Violent Tendencies
Batgirl: Redemption
Batgirl Rising
Batgirl: The Flood
Batgirl: The Lesson
Robin Son of Batman: Year of Blood

same :(

Hellboy
BPRD

Get the Stray Bullets Uber Alles. It comes out almost one dollar per issue. Less if you get it discounted.

That's been sitting on the floor in my living room since the end of June. Should I go about reading that next or, say, the Complete Bone? I'm down for anything but have no idea what to read next after finishing Shutter vol 1.

>buying comic books

I honestly couldn't tell you. I'm in the process of renaming the files of the Bone rip from 001-999 to 0001-0999, it's atrocious work but you get used to it after a while.
I say try Bone, put it away and read stray bullets if you don't like it. 1300 pages is quite something.

Nice catch! New frontier tpb looks cool
Cant wait to get my Doctor Strange omni, but it will be like a month because of international shipping.

Two very different books. Depends on how much effort you want to put in atm.
Stray Bullets is pretty non linear, so you have to give it a bit more of your concentration or you'd be lost.

If you are white then I find this incredibly depressing, yet I understand.

up

Transmetropolitan is a safe bet.

I liked this in the Uncanny X-Men omnis. I forget if Vol. 3 had them, but I remember the first two volumes did.

I was specifically looking for Busiek's "not muh" letter, honestly.

Well what do you decorate with?

I see that Planetary Omnibus on lots of shelves, think I might have to get it.

Is this actually good or is it le old and influential comic?

>well rounded characters
Not really.

TRANSFORMERS VS G.I. JOE: THE QUINTESSENTIAL COLLECTION
Earth makes contact with an alien race–and G.I. JOE is on the front lines! But, when the
Transformers arrive–well, let’s just say you’ve never seen Transformers vs G.I. JOE like
this! This oversized deluxe hardcover collects all 13 issues, including commentary and extras
by creators Tom Scioli and John Barber!

ISBN-13:978-1-63140-860-1
Price:$49.99 ($66.50 CAN)
Publisher:IDW Publishing
Writer:Tom Scioli, John Barber
Artist:Tom Scioli
Size:7 x 11
Page Count:420
Format:Hardcover, Full Color
Ship Date:3/28/2017

Man I'm loving Morrison's Doom Patrol. Are there any good runs besides this collected?

Fuck. I already own all the trades. I'll probably end up getting it though. Hopefully they print it on matte paper instead of glossy.

Yeah I just bought all the trades during that big sale on midtown a couple weeks ago. I'll probably re-sell them when the HC comes out though, cause the art is nice as fuck.

>Colossal Conan reprint up on bookdepository
>31 Dec 2016

Nice. I'd heard they might be reprinting it.

Yes! Read all three volumes like two weeks ago. Was holding out for the hardcover.

>Cloonan Punisher
Fuck off. I've never dropped a comic series harder than that one, please stop giving them money

I just got it. Now I'm not buying shit for months

>148,32 €
not sure if want

I ordered it for $103. It's 27% off

Just wait for it to be on IST for like 40% off.

Hopefully the photo quality isn't too bad.

Ones not pictured are the hardback x'd out trilogy by Charles Burns, paying for it by Chester Brown, The tickling by Renee French, and Uzumaki by junji Ito since I'm borrowing them out.

Anyone who owns the new Crisis on Infinite Earths hardcover, is there any reason to double dip on it in terms of new extras?

I own the first edition softcover TPB and the Absolute HC (with the companion).

Does the new HC have any exclusive new bonus material? Like say the Crisis #4.5 special from Legends of the DC Universe? Or feature any of the bonus material from the Absolute companion book? Or the "Crisis On Infinite Earths Annotations" Wizard published online with Perez/Wolfman talking about the individual issues, that were done for the Wizard Magazine wesbite to promote the Omnibus and were not included with the Omnibus? Or is it just the softcover TPB with zero extras, now in a normal size hardcover format?

If you already have the absolute don't bother. The binding sucks.

Does colossal conan include any other conan runs like conan the cimmerian, or is it strictly the 2003 run?

better have 2 versions of Maus?
oh well, shouldn't complain, got 5 versions of Lord of the Rings...

The hard back was less than five bucks used and I prefer hardback.

This made me happy.

according to comicbookdb it's "just" Conan 00-50
comicbookdb.com/issue.php?ID=291812

Got these in the mail yesterday.

not bad, but that DC logo on the 2nd Batwoman book is stirring my OCD

I have that with the Outsiders collection. It's really inconsistent

I got these five books recently. Uncle Sam is the only one I've read so far. It was pretty good. I bought the Green Arrow after seeing it posted in these threads so much.

you probably should've gotten the new superman golden age trade since that's what they're going to go with now

is that Superman Chronicle book a trade? I thought they were all HCs similar to archive editions? new printing?

It's a TPB, it was cheap, that's why I bought it.

>Boys Club

Yeah i brought that meme book

I'm not judging, I was just genuinely surprised. hope you'll display it somewhere visible, coffee table or visible cover in your shelf or something.

No problem i always wanted to own a physical copy but they were, to expensive thank god it reprinted.

>but they were, to expensive
What the hell is wrong with your grammar, dude?

WHY DO YOU HAVE A BOOK WITH THE NAZI FROG!?!? RRREEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE
all seriousness tho, someone give me a review of the book I'm interested in picking it up myself

you can download it and see for yourself, it's in the win-o from last week.
it's basically just unconnected 4-panel stories though.

This is, forechan, why do, you, care!

Ha, I forgot about the spider-pizza.

Don't judge the lighting - this weeks stuff.

And most of what I've bought collected edition wise since coming home from four months abroad. Let me know what you think guys and gals!

>that cape to non-cape ratio

annnnnd everyone take some notes

Or everyone just buy what they like and stop worrying about what random strangers on the internet think about your collection.

Montrealfag here. Which shop you went to?

Nah fuck that.

if I really want to read non-cape then I read a novel. which I do regularly.

Take notes on what, buying things to make anonymous people on the Internet happier? Fuck that.

I think that user simply meant take notes on expanding your taste. Chill my guy.

This isn't really the best way to go about it, imo. There is so much good when it comes to non-cape comics, including in the collection in question.

the one with the pile of dead pitbulls out front

That's all our shops, man.

and there is so much good when it comes to cape comics as well. I just don't care much about non cape comics.

Well that's horrible. Why read comics at all if you're just going to read the boring stuff?

I'm not disagreeing with you but if you're interested in storytelling outside of capes, judging by your ability to read novels, and you're interested in comics, judging by your love of cape, why wouldn't you want to blend the two?

That makes zero sense.

bump

how's snot girl turning out, read the first issue and found it hard to get past all the txting and just eh

Hell yeah bargain bin diving.

probably ordering some stuff from IST this week

I haven't read the Amalgam comics in a while, I may have to go back and check them out again.

How hard is it to find these in the US? A lot of those seem interesting, but I can't find much on where to purchase expect ebay and for alot of dosh

Still pretty new here. How long do IST sales go on? Don't want to miss those extra percents on dark horse stuff right now, but I try not to have multiple orders on the way to help prevent spending too much.

They don't go away.

Well alright, then. In that case, do they ever have actual sales? Interested in Mouse Guard but I was a bit put off since it's only 30 percent off while everything else I find is in the 40s.

It's probably because people like that other guy like to act like pretentious assholes when it comes to noncape comics. When you act like that it tends to turn people off.

Sometimes, yeah. They've gone as high as 70% off.

I paid full price for those and they are worth it. Still need to get the Legends books, though.

Alright, thanks a lot. And just for clarity, by 'put off' I mean, "I'll get them later and take advantage of the 47 percent off of Hellboy stuff instead" not that I thought they were too expensive period.

Yeah I bought the first two issues when Buenavetura issued them. Who gives a fuck ifit's a meme, it's a good comic.
>faggots who never touch "alternative comics with a shitty stick buy Boys Club
>faggots who never touch alternative comics with a shotty stick buy Truth Zone

>inb4 but they're actually good comics, all alt comics are shit (unless they're le hot mymay of the moment, you bandwagon-jumping, zeitgeist fucks

What's the best way to collect Morrison's Batman run? I know there's a couple Absolute's with some parts of it, but it all seems pretty scattered.

if i buy a comic from say forbidden planet.uk say an ultimate collection issue is there any way it could be told as a foreign issue instead of a domestic one? need a sold out issue and only place that has it is forbidden planet.uk

Whu?

bump

Tell me about Stray Bullets.

Bunch of different spots. Marche De Livres, DeBeDe, Planet BD, Millenium, Drawn & Quarterly's shop.

No idea with the US. I live in Calgary and they're nonexistent here so I'd imagine it's the same way in the States. Virtually all the shops I went to in Mtl had US and Belgian-French stuff together.

incidentally should add there's a decent amount of stuff on amazon, at least on Canadian amazon. It's where I typically get BDs if I'm not visiting Quebec. Most of it isn't going to be available translated in English anyway so if you don't know French you're probably better off just looking for scanlations.

Payday's in 4 days, sell me on your favorite series I can get on IST.

go easy on me please

Mmm, Calvin & Hobbes.

Wouldn't it be better if you decided for yourself what you want to get?

Got Boys Club. Am I a white supremacist now?
I'm brown.

uh... you... fell for the repeated lies of the white man?

Sacco was fun in a weird way, but I don't think I would dig his more politically-themed stories. I would still give BUMF Vol 2 a try, if it ever comes out. Loved the cartooniness, was a bit meh with the story besides the ending.

2 dick tracy stories (flattop and the one where Dick goes blind, or at least pretends he is. I really like a spanish 90's artist called MARTI who is very influenced by Chester Gould, so this was a pretty good catch. And the suspense/cliffhangers are actually pretty good! So that's a plus.

Cowboy Henk is Cowboy Henk. Nuff said.

That other zine was once posted by a german user (translated in english, he was studying to be teacher and used this comic on his classes). I met the italian collective responsible for it last weekend in a comic festival and found it again, pretty nice.

Went into LCS on lunchbreak to buy that new Star Trek comic and spend £120 on trades. Whoops.

Would have been more but the only copies of Morrison's Action Comics run were literally inseperable. Volumes 2 and 3 fused together with some sort of gunk.

Depends on how much money you're willing to spend on it of if you wanna go the cheap route.
Batman and Son Deluxe Edition(or Batman The Black Glove Deluxe, they collect the same thing)>Batman RIP>Batman & Robin vol 1-3>Return of Bruce Wayne>Time and The Batman>Batman Incorporated>Batman Inc Demon Star>Batman Inc Gotham's Most Wanted

If you have extra money to splash then you can fit Absolute Final Crisis between RIP and Batman & Robin, buy Absolute Batman & Robin instead of the three trades and Absolute Batman Incorporated instead of the three trades.

If you're in between, buy everything in tpb except Absolute Batman Inc, there are some fill in parts in the new52 series and for the Absolute Burnham went back and redrew everything.

Don't forget the new Batman & Robin omnibus in December. Cheaper than the trades.

need an ultimate collection trade cheapest place to find it is a UK store. if i buy it will there be any way to tell it's an imported trade and not a domestic one.

Recent purchase.

very nice

Is this in black and white?

Full color.

That is pretty cool user - I love me some Sienkiewicz. Do you mind me asking how much it cost you?

I swear I saw Colossal Conan for £50 here in Britland before it went out of print. I'm still raw I didn't buy it.

This is in my LCS for a reasonable price. Can anyone tell me if I should actually pick this up? I decided not to because it seems a bit disingenuous to just pick something up because it looks cool on that one user's shelf. I'll have to actually look it up and decide if it floats my boat.

I haven't picked up anything new but I've only ever posted my shelves once before so I'm shoving them up again for people to hate and rate.

Last time I posted this came out sideways...

>Batman & Robin omnibus
the what now?
Why does DC refuse to print Morrison's Batman in correct order as a trilogy of omnis?

Yep - sideways again. Sorry anons.

Oh, and I didn't mean to suggest that you picked this up only because you've seen it on some guy's shelf - only that that would pretty much be the only reason for me to stump up for it at the moment... that it looks pretty cool.

Not at all. I paid $125 at my lcs. I'm pretty sure the msrp was $99.99.

2/3

I always do a double-take when I see your shelf because of the colours of the Ducks along with BPRD and Hellboy... I always assume that it's (you) posting without remembering

Can't. Haven't read it. Only picked up that edition because my LCS had it at 20 bucks down from MSRP which is 60. Haven't gotten to it yet.

3/3 all done

It's a really beautiful book!

I'm already wondering at diving into my collection and weedling out some of the crap so I have more space for some really nice books like that. But I really do like most of the stuff on my shelf - even the stuff that Cred Forums generally hates.

But I've currently got enough space to pick up more Dredd so that will keep me happy for a while.

Damn that's a lot of garbage.

I read most of my stuff online

One of the biggest problems on Cred Forums is how much of a hivemind most of the people here want it to be.

wtf are you talking about?
Other than the marvel, the rest is pretty solid.

Well, there's a lot of marvel...

...not that all the marvel is bad, but...

don't be sorry for the sideways post, at least it came out in the right sideways.
and it's a really great collection.

Thanks anons. Appreciate it. It's not an especially diverse collection but i like to finish series before I start on a new one. And as you can probably guess - I have no idea about anything DC related. I have enough capeshit in my life with Marvel at the moment.

I'm actually genuinely curious what you hate here. I'm guessing Slott is a given. I guess most anons hate Wolverine and the X-Men too. the X-books I have will probably be the first to go when I need to make room.

Anything in particular that triggers you?

>Uzumaki

I was drooling over that at the bookstore a while ago. I regret not getting it.

Nothing triggers me, user. But Spider-man ducks, Phonogram, Bendis MK, Lost Girls...

It was one of my souvenirs from Japan. I promised myself I'd pick up some manga as I own very little. Gyo is probably one of the next things I'll pick up for myself when i get the chance.

No worries. Thanks for answering. I didn't mean trigger in a REEEEEEE sense by the way - just general disdain.

As for Bendis MK - I own every single Moon Knight book that's been put to print. Literally the character that got me into comics back in the early 90s when I used to buy grab-bags of comics that weren't selling that good.

Actually, whilst I have the Essentials and Epic collections (not pictured) - i don't have the Countdown to Dark HC... but I don't think there's anything new collected there.

I suppose I can see why someone wouldn't like a fair amount of my stuff... but I wouldn't have put money on Barks or Rosa being one of them. Fair enough though.

I just realised what horseshit my post is. I still haven't picked up the most recent MK runs... As you say - I've got so much Marvel I've been trying to focus on other stuff at the moment. I think I was holding out hope they might get a larger collected release but i can't see that happening now. I'll be picking them up sooner or later. MK is one of the few characters that I'd read no matter who was writing - just out of misguided loyalty.

There are actually a few ideas in Bendis' run I don't completely hate. And the series had some nice covers. It's just a shame the rest of it was such irredeemable garbage.

Best fucking comic in the universe.
innocenceofnihilism.com/SBFREEREAD.html

Explain yourself.

I can definitely recommend getting it, best damn horror story I've ever read.

Great crime-noir comic, where every issue is stand alone but also part of a bigger story and it all comes together seamlessly. Just check out the link, or download it somewhere. If you don't like it after the first issue, read the second. If you don't like it after the second issue, there's something wrong with you.

I'll go through the four issues behind that link, but I remain skeptical about "best in the universe".

Well, I was exaggerating of course. It's still really good, though.

The explanation on why killing the cop was okay seems pretty promising so far.

>Stray Bullets v01 - Innocence of Nihilism (2014) (digital) (Son of Ultron-Empire).cbr
mediafire.com/?kg941a8k7w8hlfq

Went for this stuff in the end. Supergirl was on offer, the rest is on newsprint style paper rather than the glossy stuff so it a lot cheaper.

1/2

A lot of these choices confuse me. How'd you end up making these picks?

nice choice with shade. Did you get it to prep for the upcoming shade the changing girl?

Just got my order off that Hamilton Books website from last week.
All sealed, not a thing damaged.

You Australian or something?

G'day mate.
Posting current shelves, as I also got some new stuff on Saturday.

Picked up "The Captain", the Doctor Strange Omni, Books of Doom (floppies), and the Humpries GLs Rebirth thus far.

Dammit.

Tell me about those annotated Sandman thingies.

Still working my way through the first one.
Black and white, annotated in margins.
Nice and comfy for late nights.

Annotations sound nice, but black and white doesn't appeal to me when the thing was originally in color. Oh well.

Last one (that isn't regular books/vinyl records).
I DID get a Chip Zdarsky Bathero print in the mail yesterday, and the Over the Garden Wall Vinyl a couple days ago.

Aye. It's been on my list for a while now so figured with the new series about to start this is as good a time as any to get around to it.

Probably because he enjoys them.

I have the same ultimate hitchhiker's guide (bought it used for cheap), I see yours looks a bit dented as well so it must come from the way the book is bound.

Your gnomes are freaking me out

Thank goodness I didn't buy the first trade this weekend on sale.

I need to get something off my chest about omnibuses, a cautionary tale of sorts. I know for a fact that there are people out there who got burned just like I did because they are dumb.

A word of advice - don't get an omnibus if you want to get into a series/run that you think you might like but you've never really read it before.

Do get an omnibus if you like to have stuff in a single volume and you really love a series and you want to support it by upgrading to this format.

Don't get an omni if you haven't really held it and tried reading it for yourself.

If you do get an omni, for the love of god, take good care of it so that you can still resell it comfortably once you realize you bought a doorstop.

I'm saying it because I wanted to get into X-Men, went ahead and got the first Claremont/Cockrum omni, stockholm syndromed myself into getting the second one and realized I didn't enjoy it halfway through. Now I sold them and bought 10 trades of stuff I actually want. Don't be me and think twice before you get an omnibus.

It's the spookiest time of the year and I am severely lacking in horror comics. I plan to order some this weekend off Amazon this weekend but so far all I have in mind is Emily Caroll's Through the Woods. So help me /shelf/, what are some quality spook books? Bonus points for eerie, atmospheric horror and ghost stories.

this is relevant to my interests

haven't read them, but I want to read Wytches and Locke & Key

Gotham by Midnight got me into horror books.

I plan to pick up the two trades sometime soon.

it's probably the reason why it was on sale in the first place

I don't frequent Cred Forums, why don't you guys like Preacher? I never read it, but I thought supposedly it's considered a classic

Nah, it was 25% or more off everything in the store. All Rebirth titles were half price for example.

Well, that's not really horror... it is pretty damn good though.

The joke is that those are good comics. Notice the April Fool's.

if you understand German, pick up "Gespenster Geschichten", it's a huge bunch of ghost/eery/horror comics anthologies, mostly translated from other languages but done pretty well. I can't really tell exactly where they got it from but I'd guess it's mostly from House of Mystery/House of Secrets (the original ongoings, not the vertigo runs).

you'd probably be good when you pick up the Showcase Presents: House of Secrets vol 1-3 (piss cheap because they're black & white) and/or Showcase Presents: House of Secrets 1&2 (also b&w).

and also take a look at this post:

Powers is not good.

Creepy Archives and Eerie Archives
House of Penance

I thought that was the case when I saw Ennis, but then I though Loeb and Bendis were pretty universally despised, so I wasn't sure. I thought the bit at the bottom was "these people are terrible enough that they think this paragraph is correct." But I didn't notice the date, so thank you.

Locke & Key is GOAT

it threw me off as well originally, but USM gave it away

So at my LCS, I saw an IDW action. If I buy the whole series of something, they would give me a %50 discount. But the question is: Which series should I buy? Transformers Robots in Disguise series or Transformers More than meets the Eye?

Or should I just say fuck it and get all 18 volumes of classic G.I. Joe?

Transformers vs GI Joe

Cool, people are actually be posting shelves.
Do not worry cunt nuggets, I will insult each and every one of you personally, assuming my most recent spell of 'bleh' clears up before the thread get closed.

I've read some of them, they aren't that good IMO.
Also I think the early volumes are getting hard to find? Could be wrong. There is a chance they reprint them though, I think they've already done it before.

Nice!

I've never read Dick Tracy, but I love the movie. Would I be into the comic as well?

You're okay. Please refrain from posting additional shelves though, I fear I'd get jealous.

Too much big 2, but what you have isn't completely disgusting.

WTF are those DVDs?

Too classy, get the fuck out of here.

Just awful.

I don't see the appeal of Ducks, Calvin or Hobbes, or Peanuts.

Wow nice blue you pretentious cunt, surprised you managed to lower yourself from your golden throne long enough to post your ''''''superior''''' collection. Guess you gotta show us lowly capefags what's what, eh?
nice collection btw, I like it

Basic bitch trash.

Wow Swamp Thing oh man how original.

A terrible human being.

Another basic ass bitch.

????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????

No comment.

>shitposter-kun is a valiantfag
why am I not surprised?

Is Snotgirl any good?
I saw it at my comic shop and the cover alone got my pretty interested.

Boring.

You're guys are okay.

This is also okay, pretty basic though.

Cunts I'd probably have a beer with, the elitist pricks.

Honestly I don't have an opinion. I can appreciate the Robin collection, the top shelf looks kind of boring and I heard TT is shit. I'm not sure I've ever seen somebody with Transformer books like that though, so points for that.

Cool cover.

I like you. You're a cool guy.

TRIGGERED.

Wew ran out of steam, shouldn't have started from the top.

>Valiant full overload

I'm only chill with you if you like Quantum & Woody. If you don't, fuck off.

I don't actually own any Valiant books.
Quantum and Woody and pretty great.

There's a book out soon that's a collection of MR James adaptations.

No idea what it'll be like, but he's my absolute favourite horror author, so I'll be picking it up. It's got Canon Alberic's Scrapbook in it, which is one of my favourites, and I am so hyped to see if they can capture one particular line from it which creeps me out every time I read it.

>WTF are those DVDs?

Collections of public information films produced by the Central Office of Information.

Everything from informing the public how the government is 100% right in the ongoing Suez Crisis, to explaining to children how they'll die horribly if they play on farms, to talking about just how ruddy great the Queen is.

thanks user! nobody ever comments on my stuff, so it was nice to hear something back

I'm & Do you have rec's for me? I realize these purchases are basic but I'm trying to move more away from the Big Two than anything, but keep in mind what you're seeing there is about 15% of my collection so I may have any other things you may suggest. I appreciate you taking the time in advance, if you do.

In the mail.

Rest of Joss's run on X-Men.
Spider-man and the X-men.
Hulk Crossroads.
Mooncop.
BPRD Volume 1

What do you think lads?

bad

You only made one good decision. I'll let you figure out on your own which one.

idk anything about it but the art got my interest also. It sounds very awful though, judging from the description given by Amazon

And here I thought the egg in pocket was that Big Bertha was going to fail and the twist was going to be that they just Milo off and use HIM as their egg drop container since they know the mysterious force will protect him.

Whoops, wrong thread.

Finally picked up Neil Young's Greendale. As a huge Young fan, I'm curious about this.

To add to this, I just bought Boy's Club (thanks to this thread and the story time), X-Men Vs Fantastic Four/Avengers, and Bizarro Comics.

no comment?

My besssie mate is a HUGE Neil Young fan, owns literally every LP he ever released.....so 'course he bought Greendale. He said it's the worst comic he's ever read (he IS kind of a casual but said it is a complete abomination), shame 'cause it's kind of a noble undertaking, pity he had to use DC "modern house style" for the art, I mean the guy collaborated with Devo, he coulda chosen someone a little more onorthodox than some Jim Lee rip-off. Kudos for liking Young, though. Dat set at Glasto 2009 (?) with the several dozen Rockin' In The Free World false endings was legendary.

I think Tom Gauld is literal cancer but, you know, it's your taste, user. Could never figure out what Sammy Harkham sees in him. It's just le post-modern newspaper strip fodder, to be honest, and his drawing style irritates me more than any other artist apart from Jim Lee.

I bought all 3 a couple weeks ago, but they were on sale for $10 each. I'll just resell them once the HC is about to come out.

oh fuck you, i'm so jelly

Cliff Chiang is hardly a Jim Lee rip off.

I love Neil Young to bits too but I started reading the scan back when it was new and couldn't get past the first dozen pages.

Is it more of an episodic kind of thing?
I could be tempted to pick it up on Wednesday since I have nothing else coming out that day.

>Dat set at Glasto 2009 (?) with the several dozen Rockin' In The Free World false endings was legendary.

kek, just listened to this. Neil is a legend.

All those DC capeshit artists merge into one post-Lee palimpsest unless they're really original. Cliff Chiang ain't one.
Nice backwrds compliment but I have longboxes full of capehit that I've been collecting "properly" since '87/88.
He could definitely show "hardcore" rappers a thing or two. As in, being a fucking hard bastard. NO one rocks like Neil and Crazy (quite literally crazy) Horse, Frank "Pancho" Sampedro ftw!!

Oh man, Absolute Sinestro Corp War is so snazzy, even without the oneshot issues for Prime, Parallax and Cyborg Supes.

>Please refrain from posting additional shelves

I think CREAM finally got btfo. Where is that faggot, by the way?

>Prez TPB
Does it have the ashcan copy about the Pied Piper?

>Those Kirby and Ditko omnibus
user stop my dick can only get so erect.

Jesus tap dancing Christ that Little Nemo

This is solid advice.

Not everyone has problems with big books.

The cancelled Issue #5? That is in here.
Pretty much everything from pre-DCYou is in there.

it's newspaper size

Harrow County is atmospheric southern Gothic horror/fantasy. Crook's watercolours are amazing

I don't know what I've been doing with my life, but I now know what series I'm getting into next.

DELETE THIS RIGHT NOW.

If you have any more of these beauties, please post them.

These just popped up on Amazon
>Superboy and the Legion of Super-Heroes Vol. 1 HC
>Adam Strange: The Silver Age Omnibus
>JLA: Year One Deluxe Edition

What's it like having all the monies?

holy hell, user

IST says the 3rd Uncanny X-Men omnibus is out of stock. That'll get a reprint right?.....plz?

It's finally starting to happen

Is DC getting better about collecting old stuff or is it just an illusion? Has anyone done the math for how many Volumes you'd need for the various series?

Of course it's getting reprinted, popular thing like that.

what do u think

That bottom shelf looks neat-o.

Thanks for the compliment Satan.

part 2

wires/10 - you should probably put some ties on them and run them through the back of your bookshelves or something. Would also look a lot better if your books were ordered a bit more by height. I would much rather see your Akira titles displayed properly than some of your more random cape tpbs.

That's an asshole response though - but there is a genuine difference to seeing a 'collection' that is clearly worth both time, effort and money and recoiling from what looks like a bit of a mess.

But your shelves have a lot of character - I like it when you can see someone's reading history rather than just a massive wall of omnibuses.

There's a lot in here that I would never buy and I'd focus on finishing Alan Moore's Swamp Thing if I were you.

Props for Tank Girl. I never see that enough on people's shelves - not even mine at the moment.

its a mess i know i do plan to fix the wires but thanks for the input i will take the height thing onboard, i dont really have room for the akiras tho

>a massive wall of omnibuses

Is there something wrong with starting with omnibuses? I've only started really reading comics almost 2 years ago, and in terms of # of issues, 90% of them are omnis.
It just seems so convenient to get 30 issues in one book rather than buying it in 6 or 4 issue trades. Plus the bigger size means you can see more details in the artwork

If it was me, I'd swap them out with some of the books your less fond of / only own one of. But again, that's a criticism of arrangement more than anything else. Books are there to be read and not impress other people on the internet.

You do have some really cool stuff in there though. I need to work out what DC and Image stuff I want to pick up at some point in the near future.

thanks man

Not really. There's nothing 'wrong' with anything if you enjoy it.

I just like the look of a shelf that has some random bits and pieces on it. Y'know when you see someone's collection and it looks almost 'cultivated'? Like they're buying simply what they think will impress people most on Cred Forums?

You should absolutely buy what you want - but only really popular 'canonised' stuff that demands reprints is going to get an omnibus - and those are the sorts of things you see on everyone's shelves. The stuff that really seems to 'fill out' the spaces are the weird little random bits and pieces that allow you to track someone's reading history.

I also had very little money when I was starting out - and so a lot of what I bought was 'on sale' or secondhand. And then I worked out what I liked and went from there.

Half of that crap I've got rid of now, but there are a few trades that I know will never get reprinted. Or odd books that I've found on a hunt that mean something personal to me.

There's nothing 'wrong' with anything - sorry if I made it sound like that. But I like a few old and odd books scattered in a collection too. Just preference. Hope that makes sense.

looks like the shelf of a person who actually reads his comics

This is kind of what I meant. It bothers me to see those piles of expensive books still in their wrap. But that might be because I don't have much disposable income at the moment. I'm sure I wouldn't feel that way if someone offered to pay for a spending spree.

i read everything i own, i did get rid of some titles i bought when i was a edgy teen

any more info on this?

People buy things and then don't read them?

I've bought books of stuff I can't stand in order to sell on ebay a few months later

Nothing on the shelves though.

its true, i know people that buy video games and dont play them

These people need to be robbed.

and just a tiny bit mad that I ordered LoSH Archives vol 11 because that's right in the middle of Grell's run on Superboy (which was the LoSH publication at the time and which is most likely in that new HC)
pre-ordered it anyway

oh boy.

yes. people in these threads sometimes post their backlogs that are larger than my entire collection.
see Cred Forums, where people have created unmanageably large backlogs

im listening

my brother is like that. he buys and buys and buys video games but only plays GTA V
he must have 250-300 games by now, most of them never even installed and on last check he's invested over 900€ into Star Citizen and hasn't even played the beta or whatever stage they're in right now yet. it's outright silly.

Well what we do is we find these people, right? And then we break into their houses when they're not at home, and anything we see that they've bought but haven't bothered to read or play, we take. It's only fair, evening out the social inequality.

out with a broken leg, last time I checked
money is adequate, having no expenses (other than food and gas) feels better

Your brother sounds downright retarded.

i am all for a little redistribition of wealth

Then all we need are some green tights and a little practice to get our dance choreography synched.

Fucking amazing. It's a pity hs lettering/balloons were so shit, though. They had Ames guides back then, FFS, McCay!

I think Bumf is the best thing Sacco's done in years. Military/industrial/entertainment satire at it's best. Like, Obama is Tricky Dicky?! Or vice versa? And there's weird ritual sacrifice on the moon? So nits but it gels really well and never feels sloppy or disconnected. Plus I love that the drawing is looser. And that fucking chicken guy! Haw!
Also jelly as fuck at Cowboy Henk, only got bits and bobs in anthologies...is it a non-English edition? Would buy anyway. Oh, sorry, didn't look close enough.
I like Gould but Martis is fucking WICKED. That story he did for RAW and Cabbie were absolutely dope as shit.
Never really got the fuss about Sam Alden, though, but kudos. Sorry to self shill but ya might like my collection, taken with le finest potato...,,656292
etc....btw finally completed this run, fucking buzzing

I met the co-founder of Titan Books/Forbidden Planet in Orbital Comics, he had a little shop-inside-a-shop selling records and original art, was talking to him for a coupla hours and he showed me loads of Bisley, Sienkiewicz and Dave McKean art. The Sink stuff were sketches for a record company Gorillaz-like project where they wanted to turn the qt.1.3 Asian-looking girl from the film The Descent into a singing cartoon character. Never happened. He also showed me some BEAUTIFUL Dave McKean James Bond sample pages for a pitch to the Fleming estate to take Bond back to his roots--driving a Rolls Royce, no gadgets etc etc...he said (Mike Lake, the founder of Titan/FP) said it'd been approved but this was like a year before Quantum of Solace and nothing since so it's probably being abandoned. The Biz sketches were just some gay fairy shit. Had loadsa comics gossip, too. Best bit being that Trina Robbins' daughter to Kim Deitch was actually Jim Morrissons! The guy's first concert was Jefferson Airplane supported by (!) The Doors at the Roundhouse, he knew his shit, I actually thanked him for all the years of great comics and he got a little emotional, actually. Really nice old hippy dude. Some of the 2000ad pages from the classic era he had were fucking beautiful. Unfortunately he doesn't have the shop there any more but I email him fairly often, he took to me for some reason (and even liked my minicomic, which was a real ego boost--he offered constructive criticism, too). Read about the whole Titan/Forbidden Planet partnership split. Shit is acrimonious as fuck and Mike Lake REALLY got the shitty end of the stick, poor cunt, but none of my Brit cartoonist Normiebook
friends have got a bad word to sat about him. Solid old hippie dude who just happened to have co-founded (well, Titan was his idea, FP was his partners) one of the most influential publishers ever. Those old Franco-Belgium size thin Dredd volumes were so classy with some amazing, BIG name artists.

thought it was the shop of that LCS owner who posted here, but it was Vault Comics

desuarchive.org/co/thread/84532996/#84537734

>some books never arrive
>some books arrive twice
bravo b&n

just noticed Big Damn Sin City went out of print and the current paperback edition is tiny as fuck

fuck me

I swear to Groth you're vollsticks.

Did Amazon cancel the Doom Patrol silver age omnibus?

Fuck, unmasked. Now everyone's gonna start hating me again. Your waifu a shit, there, ya got even more reason, now!

>Swear to Groth
I think that won you the internet for today, Anonymous Cred Forumsmrade.

I don't think people give that much of a fuck to actually hate me. But I've witnessed people being doxxed for calling someone's waifu a shit, so...ya never know.
Top detective work, btw, user. Because I don't think I write ike a fourteen year-old Valley Girl anymore. At lest I don't think I do, I'm sure you'll all be quick to correct me if I'm wrong, though.

In other news, 90 quid for a copy of Biologic Show #0. Fuck me with a brick. Gonna ask the vendor if he'd consider a swap for a ridiculously rare and expensive Theo Ellsworth mini.

>edelweiss.abovethetreeline.com/ProductDetailPage.aspx?sku=1401268900&catalogID=3965588&mailingID=0&g=4400

>status: candelled

German amazon still has it but they pushed the release date to January 1st 2035