Star Wars Rebels: Season Two Soundtrack

>Rebels Recon #3.01: Inside "Steps Into Shadow"
youtu.be/xtgm8dAq2bU

>Rogue One: A Star Wars Story Trailer:
youtu.be/frdj1zb9sMY

>/swco/ Dubs: Son of Dathomir #1
youtu.be/vqkHTHPz5x0

>Star Wars Canon Guide:
docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1t1KovH_1GYLDTAe3yrleeWiuzwulm670o_anQqr5Rcg/pubhtml

>Download links: (Check here for new Rebels Episodes + Books, Comics, Films, etc)
pastebin.com/nWsKtSya

>Legends Recommendation List:
docs.google.com/document/d/147N5EgCnZmcPaDYvnGQwl9cn7BhBroFb7mD2C4cmWb0/edit

>The Clone Wars Legacy Content:
starwars.com/tv-shows/the-clone-wars-legacy

>The Clone Wars Recommendation Guide
imgur.com/N76MfC0.jpg

Other urls found in this thread:

drive.google.com/drive/folders/0B1Ev0h6J50-NcnhQQ2dYRmFoWjg?usp=sharing
youtube.com/watch?v=8fP7YJtjbZY
youtube.com/watch?v=MaSbYwt7LEU
twitter.com/pablohidalgo/status/708775067992207360
twitter.com/pablohidalgo/status/708777308262301696
youtube.com/watch?v=jvoFQ6E60Bc
shop.lego.com/en-US/Free-Star-Wars-Gift
play.spotify.com/album/1vOZJu5AJEd5yHBC3DKT4n
imgur.com/a/ZWsVH
youtube.com/watch?v=OxZZb95Tk0s
starwars.com/news/where-in-the-galaxy-are-the-worlds-of-star-wars-the-force-awakens
youtu.be/iE8v5WDbbC4
youtu.be/cto9_9qNHZ0?t=4m29s
pastebin.com/HsskR71F
starwars.wikia.com/wiki/Alien
thewookieegunner.tumblr.com/post/147517778141/commandervisor-so-i-pitched-up-fulcrum-iis
docs.google.com/document/d/1mUTEkMIAMIbRmIZBN3H33iA2ne3fwwvHJ9tEmnmzoS8/edit
youtube.com/watch?v=EUdPrHjTVpo
vocaroo.com/i/s1F6LKkY71vh
mega.nz/#F!d513zJTK!kBBw6VZxMlZicK5cAMw_Qw
deepdreamgenerator.com/
youtu.be/gu1KdCrVmjU?t=1m17s
youtu.be/LJyxPDEvo9U
youtube.com/watch?v=YfeWNZqVYsE
mega.nz/#F!k8l2jBSZ!keCmwN3eoUmSCX2NYYNL3g
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

Ben keeps cracking open the remotes and is pised he never, ever finds candy inside. Fuck you, Uncle Luke, you bastard!

>Bendu again

"But Ben, there is candy. From a certain point of view. Enjoy the sweetness that is victory and progression with the Force."

This was the lesson that caused Ben to commit to the obliteration of Luke's Jedi.

>Bendu thread again

Dr. Aphra edition of the thread when?

Love just found itself on the battlefield as two old enemies unite in their hatred of the Bendu, which was the Bendu's goal all along to free them from their imbalance.

The promise of candy lures many children down the dark path.

When she gets some descent art.

Currently uploading the Character section of Ultimate Star Wars. Sorry it took so long, my computer updated for 30 minutes on me. It may take a while since it's 154 pages.

"But Ben, there is Light Side candy too! Yoda offered me some of his Dagobah swamp molasses once. True it wasn't even sweet and it made me feel sleepy after I ate it and later when I woke up my clothes were missing and I was sore in some strange places like my................. E-excuse me, I need to go stare over a cliff for a decade or so. Here's the keys to the Jedi Order, please be sure to let nothing happen to it."

Any good R34 of her?

The fact that Chewbacca basically carried the film doesn't make any of that wrong, it's just another flaw to it.

I'm aware of how Star Wars works. People DIE during Star Wars. Luke lost what was basically his only friend in the first film and then he lost more people in the second film. He lost his arm and Leia got pegged in the shoulder.

Han got hit in the falcon more than Rey did and that was with wider distances to slip through.

Rey loses nobody and nothing of value.

>Love just found itself on the battlefield as two old enemies unite

Looks like they couldn't be bothered making Vader ANH accurate.

I remember reading that they went through a lot of effort to make the costume accurate to Ep IV. So I'm guessing the toys just didn't get the memo.

Who's the guy in the glasses?

I think hes meant to be C-3PO

>Writing an "8bro survived" fic
>Describe him getting groped by a guard in captivity
>Pause
>Did 8bro even have an ass?
>Blow about half an hour scouring tumblr and google images looking for good shots of 8bro's butt
Guys help I think I have a problem

3PO, I think.

Looks creepy as fuck

I think he looks a bit like Abe from Hellboy.

>Why the long face

Looks like Starkiller Base has been all but confirmed to be Ilum.

And suddenly I'm tempted to save up for those Imperial figures designed to resemble japanese warriors.

...either that, or settle down and watch The Hidden Fortress

Ilum wasn't suggested to be some top-secret planet, though.

I'm pretty sure I remember Ilum being only known to the Jedi in TCW. Remember how Ahsoka was shocked that some bounty hunters tracked her down from Ilum? Either way why wouldn't Ilum be only known to the Jedi? It's in the unknown regions and it's one of the most important planets to the Order.

Except Ilum has no forests.

>Ilum has no forests*
*On the part of the planet that the Jedi cave is on.

Somebody just needs to ask Pablo about this and put an end to it

They have but he's given half-assed answers like "idk maybe :)".

Scanon here. Here's the Character section of Ultimate Star Wars. I'll get to the other sections in the next few days. Sorry they're out of order, Google Drive sorts files in a retarded way.

drive.google.com/drive/folders/0B1Ev0h6J50-NcnhQQ2dYRmFoWjg?usp=sharing

I thought we confirmed months ago that this wasn't Ilum.

Wasn't there a map that came out, along with some sort of entry that said that Starkiller Baase was close to Ilum?

Isn't there also a Galactic atlas in development?

Where's this from?

The new Complete Locations book.

Dooku started it. Maul just wanted to be cool like him, then maybe senpai would notice him again.

thanks scan user.

>Not scanon
It was right in front of you man

>*On the part of the planet that the Jedi cave is on.
You can clearly see no signs of green on any part of the planet from what we see from space. And most planets in Star Wars are single biome.

Ilum is filled with glaciers and ice, and there's no sign of life. We can therefore assume it's a Tundra planet.

Starkiller Base just has snow/ice, mountains, and forests. This means it's a Taiga planet. Well "planet" considering it's so small.

Not him but watch them back to back, TFA is such a rehash it borders on the comical.

Come on, man, some discussions deserve to die with the old thread. Especially when it's a discussion we have ad nauseam.

>considering it's so small
Everyone doubted me but I was right.

What else is there to talk about? Waifu posting?

Not a single person had descended into that yet. Let your old arguments die.

Yes. Yes you do.

Why does he have Luke's lightsaber though?

It's a little annoying they're still milking boring interquel shit with the comics and not exploring post-RotJ more yet. I understand that there's a need to elaborate on Snoke's background and Luke's a little in VIII first to avoid stealing the movies' thunder, but the OT period has been thoroughly explored as far as the main cast goes. Nobody gives a fuck about Han's exes or Luke goofily surviving an encounter with Boba Fett. So long as it's not total trash like Dark Empire, I'll take just about anything by this point.

Whoooo first draft of this chapter of 8bro fic is doooone.

Oh boy. I'm morbidly curious now.

I'll give you one word and one word only.
Brainwashing.

Shit as janky as Dark Empire was it had a weird charm to it. It was just a couple of dudes with bizarre art throwing shit to the wall to see what stuck. Kam Solusar is still one of my favorite NJO jedi and the howlrunner is one of my favorite imperial fighters next to the Star Wing and TIE interceptor.

The oldest star wars EU was cool because it was literally just a bunch of dudes doing whatever they felt like and seeing what stuck. The Thrawn trilogy was basically just held together with art monologues and old RPG texts. Stackpole's stuff was basically just an extended Top Gun homage. Classic Marvel Star Wars was one of the only series to actually give Luke a new wardrobe to reflect the way his character had developed by the end of Jedi.

You never get anything that spontaneous now. It's all about this regimented plan where information can only be doled out in tiny amounts to preserve JJ's mystery box.

who is that

Since I love to dick Rebels's dick, Servants of the Empire at least has that same feeling. Any connection it has with any moves was basically just shit Fry made up off the top of his head that sounded good. Half the first book is basically just a generic football movie in space, and it somehow works and integrates well into the plot.

Eighth Brother inquisitor, I assume

If the planet had been mined out extensively for decades that makes it a little more tolerable. The sheer amount of shit that they built for the starkiller dwarfs the death star by pure volume at least 4x over. But if it was a sort of hollowed out planet and all they had to do was erect the weapon and some buildings then fine.

How long until he ravages that ass?

Dark Empire was fantastic, and honestly with all the shit that has been introduced in the prequels, the clone wars, rebels, and TFA the Emperor cloning himself is so fucking tame in 2016, but it did cause a shitstorm way back then.

The art is good. The writing is terrible.

Dark empire has weird lighting and an art style not everyone likes.

It also has it's moments writing wise. It gave Leia a jedi arc with something to actually do.

Is Target doing a midnight Force Friday thing right now?

To the best of my knowledge only Toys R Us and a few of the large Disney stores did/are doing midnight Force Friday stuff.

Some Targets and Walmarts are. Apparently it's been disappointing and most stores that are participating barely have anything.

That's what I'm seeing at Rebelscum, stores didn't put out much stock. As it is, there isn't a whole lot of product like last year- a lot of stuff is coming in a month or so, with only a handful of figures out today.

blog post

youtube.com/watch?v=8fP7YJtjbZY
So I was on youtube and this came up in suggested videos.
I watched it.
Then this came up.
youtube.com/watch?v=MaSbYwt7LEU
I watched it.

I honestly think the AOTC scene is much better.
TFA really doesn't do it for me.

I agree. The AotC scene is much better.

I just saw TFA a month ago.

I really can't understand people going gaga over it. Was it the advertising campaign?

Mostly it was nostalgia. The prequels left a bad taste in a lot of people's mouths (whether you agree or not), so TFA coming back with a big "it's just like the old ones and not like the prequels!" trumpet excited people.

We're slowly starting to see people turn around on it and realize that it had no real identity of its own and just took the things they liked from the OT and repackaged them while adding very little new elements, but I think we're going to see widespread "this movie saved Star Wars, finally we have Star Wars back!" praise for a while.

First new Star Wars in ten years and tons of hype. And, yes, I know there was still plenty of new Star Wars if you knew where to look, but the normies/casuals/average citizens typically did not. It was depressing, but not surprising, to see news outlets praising the first ever main character female Jedi as if Ahsoka never existed. She was even in a theatrical release in 2008, not that the Clone Wars movie was much to write home about.

I still can't believe that AotC came out the same year as The Two Towers. Watch those movies back to back sometime, the difference is just shocking.

TFA's battle scenes move way too quick and don't really give you the focus you'd want, but there is far less "swinging at nothing" and the compositing is way the hell better. Also the C3PO head on a battle droid was just inexcusable and did nothing to add to the scene and didn't even work as comic relief, it was just jarring and off putting. The Colosseum sequence is one of the really great set piece ideas that Lucas had, but the execution leaves a lot to be desired. This sequence was meant to show what Jedi looked like in battle and you really didn't get the impression that they were competent or powerful because despite them killing a lot of droids it's shot so poorly that they just look awkward and we never really get a sense of how powerful they are. You can make the excuse that "they were being pinned down by droids." But that doesn't make for a good sequence. You could have easily shown the Jedi just whooping ass and then the trade federation people freaking the hell out because it's all going south, then show Dooku be a real sinister character by easily killing a Jedi then activating a thing to open up all the gates around the Colosseum to let in the super battle droids and put an end to what was a fantastic display.

Instead we got this, and I'm not quite sure what to say if you thought this sequence was impressive, difference of opinion I guess but in terms of what the visuals are telling me it's just a confused mess with a clear intent but a very unclear execution.

Lots of reasons, return of familiar characters, props (falcon), and ideas. A return to more practical effects with lots of puppets and on-location shooting and lots of real explosions. It was also kind of a relief for people that were so worn out and tired of the prequels earnest but very flawed attempts to expand star wars.

You can fault TFA for being a retread and having some narrative faults and character issues but it's execution is leaps and bounds above the prequels and for a lot of people not having to groan or cringe every few minutes during a Star Wars movie was enough to forgive some of the more glaring issues.

meme

It looks great. There is ONE bad thing about it and it's the bad actors for some of the Jedi.
Everything else is well staged and executed.

I know you're just shitposting and didn't watch the clip because the C-3po segments are not in that clip.

>A return to more practical effects with lots of puppets and on-location shooting and lots of real explosions.
You now realize that the prequels has more practical effects than the originals.

And that EVERY flying ship in TFA was 100% CGI.

Take your groupthink and LEAVE.

I don't see whats wrong with it?

Not a meme and not a shitpost and I know the C3PO scene is not in the clip, I was talking about the whole scene.

There is a lot going on in that sequence and the bad acting is just surface level bullshit, you have to look deeper. There are a pretty equal number of amazing ideas and shit ideas in that sequence.

>And that EVERY flying ship in TFA was 100% CGI.
That's even worse if true. If you don't have to build the ship and it still looks like an ugly box with wings that's just sad. It's not like they fired their gifted concept teams. McCaig and the others churned out some pretty cool concepts that sadly didn't make the grade for some reason.

At least Dave was happy to steal concepts and run with them.

Bottom line is that I don't care about how good the effects look.
My younger self didn't care and I don't care now.

There isn't anything wrong with it, it's actually pretty accurate to ANH Vader. There's only two things that are "wrong."
-In ANH, Vader wears his inner cape over the shoulder armor
-there's a light red tint to Vader's eyes, though that's actually just due to the lenses being too transparent and reflecting a bit of Prowse's skin tone through them (it's not always noticeable)

Interestingly enough, Vader's appearance in Rebels has both of these

The only ship in TFA that remotely looked like a ugly box with wings was Han's bulk freighter, and its entire design was "Its a fuck ugly bulk carrier"

>You now realize that the prequels has more practical effects than the originals.

I've probably read more, seen more, and heard more about the making of all of these movies than you have. Episode I is the practical effects mega-star with it's amazing miniature work, and very smart use of digital tools to composite and layer practical elements atop each other since CGI at the time was a very powerful tool for manipulating images, not so much for creating whole scenes. Episode II and III were early all-digital features and in order to maintain stylistic integrity across them he used a ton of full CGI sequences to keep a consistent look, the whole "there are no real clone troopers in the prequels" is a result of this. It's a choice, not so much him being lazy.

Green / Blue screen compositing goes all the way back to the first star wars, all of the star fields viewed out of the front of the falcon were blue screen, etc..

>And that EVERY flying ship in TFA was 100% CGI.

Which is fine, CGI is great at creating vehicles, most cars you see in movies are CGI, even in movies you wouldn't expect. However there were a lot of things in TFA that could have easily been CGI that weren't, that bird on Jakku, the giant pig creature, almost everything in Maz' castle, a good number of the storm troopers, etc... And all of the outdoor shots in TFA minus that one forest that they used twice, with snow and without were shot on location. Even the gimble that the falcon's cockpit was on was shot outside to get natural light.

So please spare me your own little hugbox mentality, your idiot binary thinking of TFA BAD! PREQUELS GOOD! Is childish and beneath you, grow up, learn to think critically and have a real opinion.

dem pop in tiefighters at the end

Not him, but the First Order's landers come to mind. I don't know if I'd call Leia's ship a box necessarily but I don't think it'd be wrong to call it the B-Wing's fat boxy cousin.

>The only ship in TFA that remotely looked like a ugly box with wings was Han's bulk freighter
Seriously, user? Seriously?

>

>Was it the advertising campaign?

Yes.

Also, the nostalgia/cultural factor on which in apparently rode in Anglosphere.

Because outside of Anglosphere... speaking at least for my country, it pretty much single-handedly relegated Star Wars to the same niche as, say, Terminator sequels past 2 here. Opinions of popular bloggers were along the lines of "onscreen diarrhea" and "disappointment of the year" and while professional reviewers were apparently obligated to write at least faint praise for TFA, it has by far the lowest rating of all SW films on review sites.

I didn't say anything about effects.

>So please spare me your own little hugbox mentality
I agree with pretty much everything you said, but don't be that guy.

>I've probably read more, seen more, and heard more about the making of all of these movies than you have.
*tips*

Seroiusly though, emvarrassing way to start a post.

>TFA BAD! PREQUELS GOOD!
this is true

For what it's worth it doesn't even bother with the wings and Leia's transport just has tiny fin wings. Neither is a particularly lovely or cool design (results may vary). At least Rogue One is giving us some cool shit. That U-Wing is pretty slick.

>implication is not a mention
wew

>you will now backtrack and deny said implication

>Opinions of popular bloggers were along the lines of "onscreen diarrhea" and "disappointment of the year" and while professional reviewers were apparently obligated to write at least faint praise for TFA, it has by far the lowest rating of all SW films on review sites.
based foreign media

i'm verydrunk

*serious
*embarrassing

Cam Kennedy is a goddam legend, a only cucks who love house style disagree.

>you will now backtrack and deny said implication

Sounds like you just projected a critique on the visuals into what I was saying. But if you'd rather run circles around the argument with all of these implied implications be my guest.

>But if you'd rather run circles around the argument with all of these implied implications be my guest.
Thank you, I will.

>The prequels left a bad taste in a lot of people's mouths
(You)

You didn't read the rest of the post, did you?

>prequel hate is a jewish space reptile conspiracy these are 10/10 oscar movies that are too smart for people to understand and even tho they didn't understand it most people still loved it please oh god please someone validate my opinions I'm so tired of having people give me strange looks and sarcastic laughs when I tell them that I love these prequel films, oh jesus oh god, I need that camel to fart on me like he farted on Jar Jar!

twitter.com/pablohidalgo/status/708775067992207360

twitter.com/pablohidalgo/status/708777308262301696

I think it's just one Cred Forums idiot trying to get a rise out of people.

youtube.com/watch?v=jvoFQ6E60Bc

Specifically he's trying to make prequel fans look bad by being a weird overreacting shitposter. He does this from time to time.

There is this pic of 8B playing with a dildo on r34

Lando I don't think this is space legal at all

Not at all, usually he is the one getting ravaged

Well we do have one guy who says he loves starting arguments. He was pretty blatant about it.

shop.lego.com/en-US/Free-Star-Wars-Gift

Reminder that you can get the Lego Darth Revan from the Lego shop now, if you buy a Star Wars set.
If you live in the US.

Also, the Rebels Season 2 soundtrack is out on Spotify
play.spotify.com/album/1vOZJu5AJEd5yHBC3DKT4n

>It's a "Jolee BIndo and Kreia were combined and rewritten as a giant force empowered desert monster" episode.

Are people here actually fans of the prequel films or just fans of the prequel lore? Because there's a big difference between the two.

I tried but their website is having issues. At first it told me it didn't go through yet now I have two orders showing up, so damned if I know whether they'll honor either of them. There is only one per household so hopefully only one order is cancelled. It wasn't a huge expense, just the Rebel battle pack. I need some more Rebels and appreciate the inclusion of aliens.

I personally love the films.

I like them much more than TCW.

A little of both, but I think it's more the latter. Most of the people that are fans of the prequels are well aware of their flaws, though.

They're not significantly more flawed than 4 and 6 though.

I still get wide eyed at the fact they were able to put so much Jedi action into one stage.

>tfw Lucas popularized the snap zoom

It's over used now, but this was so cool when I first watched AOTC on VHS.

Hopefully when this season's mid season trailer comes around we get to see new Inkies.

Uncensored version of that pic?

I hate this thing. It's so stupid.

imgur.com/a/ZWsVH
Knock yourself out, user.

damnit, meant

Thanks user

>sweat

I'm bemused that it was even selected - and even more so because it apparently employs the B-Wing Mark II cockpit yet they didn't see fit to ever show any B-Wing Mark IIs - but it was in the movie so briefly it doesn't really bug me too much. Rather like Kylo Ren's ridiculous shuttle (some people dig it).

I'm more upset about the FO transport considering they already had perfectly serviceable shuttle designs they could have updated (I don't really count Kylo's shuttle as what a FO lander would look like, or at least I hope it isn't) and since the OT they've had some really lovely additions in the form of the LAAT and Imperial Gunship. Distinctive shapes, distinctive sound, decent firepower. Sure they tend to explode rather dynamically for dramatic purposes but they still have some damn fine screen presence. What does TFA give us? A Not-Imperial version of a D-Day landing craft notorious for soldiers piling out the front directly into enemy machine fire.

Oh, and the little exposed tower for the pilot is ridiculous. I wonder how many of their pilots fail to account for proper clearance in tight places and sheer their own cockpit off leaving the rest of the troopers to spiral in uncontrolled.

I loved that shit when I first saw it too. Really immersive. But you're right, that shit is everywhere now, Snyder built his career around using it.

A few threads ago someone posted a video about Lucas's establishing shots, and mentioned how TFA basically had none, and it made me realize that I really quite liked Lucas's way of film making, and the deviation from his favorite techniques makes TFA stand out more, and not in a particularly good way.

>A few threads ago someone posted a video about Lucas's establishing shots
Do you happen to have the link?

Welcome to the world of science fiction military equipment designed by people who don't understand how actual military equipment works
I think they were going for a Space AAV looking thing, but then tried to hybrid that with the WW2 in Space aesthetic that underpinned the originals, hence the D-Day lander. Really its just another example of how TFA could have had its own ideas, but was held back by a desire to copy the original trilogy too closely for its own good

Here ya go;

youtube.com/watch?v=OxZZb95Tk0s

Fuck TPM is a sexy movie.

Prequel haters nearly ruined my love for them a few years ago.

Imperial Governor Jar Jar Binks in Rebels when?

My problem is that the D-Day landers weren't exactly very dynamic looking ships. They were just floating boxes meant to get people and vehicles (mostly) to shore and point them in the right direction.

The LAAT drew from helicopter gunships for inspiration and so it had a distinctive shape and sound. Beach landing craft just don't have that kind of screen presence. They're very utilitarian. At most the image of troops piling out into combat cay be dramatic and exciting, but you also get that with the LAAT too.

Lucasfilm has staff who are aware of these things, who think in terms of cinematics and wow factor, but for some reason this isn't what they went with. Or to JJ this was wow enough. I can't really say what thought process went into their design choices.

I think you hit on the reason yourself actually, its utilitarian. The First Order is (allegedly, I'm withholding judgement) a new, purer, more efficient Empire, they wouldn't bother sending a fully tooled up gunship to some backwater desert village just to drop some troopers off. Plus in the Poe novel the FO seems to have a habit of keeping their best equipment back and only using the fancy stuff when they need to, so I'm hoping the lander was a case of that tactic in play

The utilitarian aspects doesn't mesh 1 to 1. For instance a beach lander opens from the front because you're headed to the beach and there is deeper water behind you (sometimes they miscalculated and dropped troops off over deeper water which, with all their heavy equipment, didn't end well for them). But as a space lander they can just pile out the back, using the armored bulk of their own ship as cover. If the argument is they need forward fire then fine, mount some damn guns on the front of the transport. Now the Imperial shuttles also open from the front so that argument can be countered, but they are still more visually distinctive (and haven't really been shown as a warzone landing craft in the movies). So the FO transport offers all the same benefits while at the same time being a visual and auditory downgrade.

This isn't a favorable outcome.

I get the feeling they were trying to evoke a Soviet aesthetic, capture the feeling of stuff like the BMP, all brute force and straight lines.
I agree its not that impressive though, I'm really hoping we see some FO gunships later. Bit of a shame the LAAT already took the Hind lookalike slot

They could always update it. Worked for the Empire, though admittedly they were using a Republic police variant and even then we've mostly seen it as an in-atmosphere gunship.

I'd hazard it's a JJ thing since Rogue One has given us some fun new toys. I had my doubts about the U-Wing at first but seeing it in action eliminated that. I'm also one of the anons who thinks the new tank trooper design is pretty damn sweet and a better contribution to Star Wars than the FO Stormtrooper design (not saying I would exchange the two, though). It's clear they can still bring their A game.

the U wing looks like a design that was made one way, then people came in and decided "no, it should change shape so it's more like an X wing"

the quad engines look stupid and just doesn't match with the rest of the look of the ship, the variable wings don't make any kind of sense (not like the X-wings makes sense at all either.)

rule of cool
based Rogue One knows what's up

>rule of cool

then they failed because it looks like shit.

(not true, by the way)

To be fair it took 3 movies for Leia to get hit and Luke only lost his hand in Empire. TFA was only the first time. There's plenty of time to see her screw up if that's what you want

>Rey loses nobody and nothing of value.
She loses her surrogate father figure, and his first, and probably only, friend goes all coma on her with a sliced up spine.

The X-wings at last spread the guns out.

How is it that the rebels have their own custom made space ships when they don't have any kind of funding?

Are the lightsaber forms still canon or are they gone too?

the forms are canon
specifics about them are not

Mon Mothma and the Organas weren't the only senators supporting the cause. They outright say in ANH that the Rebels are dangerous because they're too well equipped and have sympathy in the senate.

And they're so well equipped that an entire manufacturing company is making vehicles exclusively for them?

If they're so well equipped and funded why do they have to steal ships instead of just getting the afore mentioned company to just make them for them?

Well that seems silly.

there was no canon material that explained what the forms were, specifically. now there's stuff just for like form 4 or whatever.

they don't have names now as well.

Is 'Star Wars: Absolutely Everything You Need to Know' canon still?
If not then isn't the only canon form the one Vader is talking about in Ahsoka's recording in rebels?

Who made up the forms anyway? Aren't they a EU thing?

Nick Gillard, actually

I'm not sure how to gauge what a stuntman's contributions would be.

So he completely made up all of the fighting styles for lightsabers, what they would be used for, and what they would be called?

I vaguely remember the Grand Inquisitor making some vague references to Forms when he fought Kanan in Rise of the Old Masters, but I'm not certain. Also pretty sure Depa teaches Caleb some of Form 2 in the Kanan comics, but again I'm not certain

Also the Grand Inquisitor taunting Kanab about his over reliance on his master's Form III.

>So he completely made up all of the fighting styles for lightsabers, what they would be used for, and what they would be called?
Yes. IIRC, he even wrote the light sabers combat section in the Essential Guide to the Force.

Not so much the names, more like determining what made each duelist we see primarily in Episode III and the other two Prequels unique and gleaning respective styles from there.

So then why can't I find any specifics of what the forms are used for, their stances, and what their styles actually are?

The only specifics I can find are Form V is used to deflect blaster fire. everything else is very generic and vague, like it was made up by people that don't know anything about fencing.

Because it was all done long before the canon wipe. A lot of the details regarding Forms run deep in the Legends continuity so the transition ended up being muddled.

So then it is technically an EU thing.

Yeah but where the booty tho

The forms as we traditionally know them, yes.

starwars.com/news/where-in-the-galaxy-are-the-worlds-of-star-wars-the-force-awakens

From Hosnian Prime, continue north on the Corellian Trade Spine to Corellia, where you then take the Corellian Run to Coruscant and head northwest into the Mid Rim and Ansion. Cut across Wild Space and into the Unknown Regions, and eventually you will find Starkiller Base, which wassituated not far from the legendary world of Ilum. Barren and isolated, this ice planet was protected by perhaps the greatest planetary shield ever created.

Its one of those "half in half out" situations. A lot of the details, even the names, are in the EU. But the idea that Lightsaber combat is taught in Forms, each with a different number emphasizing a certain approach, is still canon

So in the end we know exactly dick about how Jedi fight.

I guess my stupid princess bride rewrite has to wait.

>But the idea that Lightsaber combat is taught in Forms, each with a different number emphasizing a certain approach, is still canon

That's just how fighting is though, that's just common sense.
I want specifics. What Form came about as a collection of overt aggressive maneuvers? Things like lunges and general linear combat? Or defensive ones that it would attempt to counter? Typically these styles don't depend on the weapon being used, as it's more about how you move in the fight. Form III was taught by, whatever her name is, as being favored in "close-quarters" but that doesn't actually mean a Goddamn thing. Why are Form IV and V apparently the same base idea?

If you want that sort of information, you'll have to dip into the Legends content.

All that says to me is that the forms are a meaningless thing.

They exist, but they haven't gone into detail and defined each one yet.

Will Bendu teach Kanan how to use the force to pleasure others?

as far as I can tell the only ones we know exist are III and IV, the presumption is that there is a I and II.

Everything else comes from non-canon sources (that Wookiepedia insists on still using on the canon tab)

The Force can't please anyone, the only thing it's good for is fucking up the galaxy and letting Force users ruin everyone elses day.

Witch hunts when?

>The Force can't please anyone
If you can choke somebody's neck you can choke somebody's dick.
I have to believe that.

Somewhere out there in the Outer Rim there is some Jedi slut whoring herself out in some fetish brothel. She spends her days force crushing people's balls.

I've always hated fiction that uses magic for utterly mundane things

To each his own, user. I certainly would love to be force pleasured by someone like 7S.

Hot Toys’ Rey's lightsaber isn't accurate to the TFA prop...

Doesn't Everything You Need to Know still list all 7 Lightsaber forms?

Even though that book itself has a few contradictions, that should mean that all of them exist, even though we have little detail about them.

That lightsaber. IT BELONGS TO ME!

I thyink Star Wars would have been better i the Clones didn't have the chip and instead thje Jedi killing really was just them following orders.

The chip thing is just them trying to make their waifu clones blameless.

>their waifu clones
If you don't have a Clonefu, leave.

Rip Echo. ;_;7

Rebels episode 2 when?

October 2014

Press F to pay respects
.........I
.........V
.........E
.........S

You understood me clever dick.

It's a logical inclusion. The clones worked closest with their generals and the Jedi had a natural influence on them. Sheev takes nothing to chance. He didn't plot for decades just to leave the matter in the hands of other men, even designer men, and so he placed a trump card in them.

From your point of view it cheapens the clones as soldiers and removes all morality, or loyalty, from their action. From another point of view it was an act that turned the Jedi and the Clones themselves into victims. With the flip of a metaphorical switch it proved that the clones, who fought to prove they were men, created names for themselves, personalized their armor and ships in ways the later Stormtrooper Corp forbids, were in actuality no different than the droids they fought against.

But mostly it's for logical reasons. If even a portion of the clones can resist a mind control chip imagine how many more would have resisted an order to kill their generals? It also removes any chance of the clones ever talking. Millions of men might regret their decision or still talk of their generals with respect. The chip, as it functioned, actually rewrote their memories. Kanan's clone friends didn't even remember ever thinking fondly of Depa and could only remember her as a traitor until one started breaking free from his conditioning. He committed suicide, killing himself and his brothers to let Kanan escape. But that was just one man. Other clones who didn't activate or otherwise broke free or refused to kill their general, the chip had sub-orders that made them kill their own brothers as traitors. Again, Sheev leaves absolutely nothing to chance.

>Again, Sheev leaves absolutely nothing to chance.

Except for the day he turned Anakin. That he left to chance. Windu outmatched him and, by a stroke of pure luck, Anakin arrived at the right moment. Had he not, Sidous would've died then and there.

>yfw she gets raped by both Thrawn AND Maul this season

Rape implies that a female twilek has any right to refuse a cock.

No he wouldn't have. Remember how when Sheev was 'helpless and pleading for his life' he all of a sudden blasted Windu out the window with force lightning? He probably sensed Anakin nearby and decided to make himself look like a victim.

Fives was a true hero

Was Windu ever shown to be this great duelist that everyone assumes he is?

I think so in TCW but it's been a while since I saw those episodes
Actually I'm not sure we see him against a saber wielding foe now that I think about it

It's close enough to being Star Wars

youtu.be/iE8v5WDbbC4

He fights Talzin as the closest thing to a saber fight

It's an old debate. At the very least Sheev was nowhere near as helpless as he appeared since the moment Windu's hand was lopped off he went all UNLIMITED POWAH!

>A return to more practical effects with lots of puppets and on-location shooting and lots of real explosions.
Ironically, this was bullshit and the Prequels had more practical effects than TFA in the end.

So uh, the Starkiller Base is Illum right?

At the very least Windu was shown as a class above most Jedi, though nowhere near as op as during the 2003 Clone Wars. My favorite was him killing a tank with a hand gesture that ripped a huge metal door off its hinges and sent it toppling onto the vehicle.

As for who is tougher, him or Sheev, I still don't know myself. I don't believe in the whole thing about him masking his ugly face and the lightning tore away the illusion, but at the same time letting it fuck himself up, well...at least he used it to political advantage for sympathy points with the Senate. But then he went to huge lengths to have it covered up in the media, too, because (presumably) it suggested weakness.

Then we have the fact that Sheev nearly ran from Yoda. It wasn't a fight he was sure he could win, but with Mace he took on Windu and a buttload of Masters. He was at least more confident in that fight.

As for the question of whether Sheev risked all on Anakin, it might be a clear indicator of how certain he was that Anakin was his destined bottom bitch.

I watched this yesterday, it's beautifully made!
Makes me wish there was an official Indiana Jones cartoon.

I am quite sure Illum is not that fucking small

Did you even read the post you quoted?

He was qt. No shame there.

>Star Killer Base was a Giant Lightsaber

>No he wouldn't have.

But he did.

>Remember how when Sheev was 'helpless and pleading for his life'

Yeah, which he didn't even start until Anakin was in the room.

>He probably sensed Anakin nearby and decided to make himself look like a victim.

Doubtful. When you're in a fight, you focus on the fight. As a swordsman, Windu outclassed Sidious.

>I don't believe in the whole thing about him masking his ugly face and the lightning tore away the illusion

Nor should you. That's Legends stuff.

>Then we have the fact that Sheev nearly ran from Yoda. It wasn't a fight he was sure he could win

Because likely stuff like choking Yoda with the force wouldn't have worked. He could've done that with the likes of Windu, Kolar, Tiin and Fisto. But Yoda was the most powerful and well versed with the Force in the Jedi Order.

> but with Mace he took on Windu and a buttload of Masters. He was at least more confident in that fight.

A fit of Dark Side induced retardation. He could've killed them all without even getting up from his chair, but decided to go full retard and nearly got himself killed by Windu.

>didn't know what Illum was
>look it up
>located in the unknown regions
>look up unknown regions because if shit is explored in there, why is it called that?
>unknown regions are located to the galactic west, beyond the outer rimm
>it's actually closer to the core than the outer rim

what

This should give you a better understanding.

Forgot the timecode

youtu.be/cto9_9qNHZ0?t=4m29s

the Ahsoka novel is out Tuesday after next
Will it be good?

He was. RIP.
He's gonna be wishing he was RIPing in this next part I'm writing

I hope so. I need a new canon dump.

>You can clearly see no signs of green on any part of the planet from what we see from space
Isn't that the case with SKB, too?

no

Still not sure if I'm missing something here. Nothing I add seems to qualify

>Rebels Season 2 soundtrack
Can confirm, Zeb Glam Rock song is on the Soundtrack.

But the music tracks I wanted isn't on the Soundtrack, so I'm disappointed.

I love how Lucas thought the dark side was a cancer of the force when he made star wars but now that disney has it its now canon the light and dark are two separate sides to the same thing.

Sith is a legitimate philosophy.

>Nor should you. That's Legends stuff.
There was never a firm answer either way. It's an old argument from before the EU purge, but do we even have a concrete answer these days?

Now as then it seems to be something they are content to leave open to interpretation by the viewer.

Dark Side wasn't the caner, the Sith were the caner.

>Making the same 1st grade spelling mistake twice in a row
Really man

Fuck, that's when I go on holiday.

Link when you're done.

Will the movie be good guys? What are your expectations? Will you watch it right away? or wait for Reviews.

I can link the first draft of part 1 if you want to take a look/beta

>expecting multi-biome planets in star wars

wew lad

The Dark Side is only a cancer when people like the Sith exploit and pervert it beyond its intended nature in the Force. This has been the case since day one of Yoda's teachings to Luke. The Dark Side has always been inherent in the Force given that it makes up the extremes of human nature. The Sith turn it into a power capable of devouring and usurping the Force proper.

Hopefully it's good.
It sort of needs to be good.

That's a neat poster as well.

Lucas didn't actually do that so much in his later films. Yes, yes, city planet, sinkhole planet, but Kashyyyk and Naboo were quite varied.

I really hate all these lackluster troop transports in nucanon. I really miss kickass infantry gunships like the LAAT.

Thankfully it looks like Rogue One will fix this.

Coruscant was clear or rain.

This is the only TFA ship I like

>Kashyyyk and Naboo were quite varied.
What do we see of Kashyyyk? I just remember the beach fight by a jungle.

And Naboo is temperate forest and temperate grassland, so I guess two biomes is as far as Lucas can get.

It's not like Yoda mentioned the Sith in the OT. He was referring to the Dark Side as a whole. Sure it's naturally but it is NOT something the Jedi want any part of. Quicker, easier, but especially more seductive. They talk quite often about how Vader was seduced by the Dark Side.

It's why Jedi aren't supposed to act out of anger and why fear isn't something they use. They are meant to be trained to resist these emotions, to be calm and at peace so they can hear the Force.

Again though this doesn't say anything about the Dark Side being unnatural, and it is true that the Sith abuse the fuck out of it and seek to dominate by destroying any opposing groups like the Jedi, but nevertheless the Dark Side is a danger to Force Sensitives.

The Nightsisters, for instance, can use the Light and Dark Sides and don't go too dark, however I'm sure Yoda would consider their use of the Dark Side is what twisted Talzin's ambitions and got the Sisterhood wiped out. At any rate the Dark Side exists in everyone, as Yoda learned in season six of TCWs. He thought he didn't have any but learned it will always be a part of him. By acknowledging it it loses all power over him. It's an eternal vigilance style of thing.

Kashyyyk has both sides country and western

Reminder that most planets are single or two biomes and that the Earth is actually a fucking exception, and even then mostly during the current era.

>go to Lego Store
>half the people are adults that look like they haven't left their room in weeks
>the rest of the people look like awkward 13-17 year olds, and came in with their parents
>their parents look depressed, none of them smiling unless their son is saying something to them
>they're all holding $30-$100 Lego SW sets for their sons
>all I bought was a $5 keychain
I feel bad for those parents.

>CURRENT ERA

ftfy

I don't get it.

Sure, I can take a look.

I hope my kids don't get into Lego, that shits expensive.

pastebin.com/HsskR71F

It's okay as long as it's more like getting them only one of those big buckets and let them use their creativity with them.

You fool! That's how it starts.

Not bad. I just for some reason expected it to be gay. See what Cred Forums has done to me.

I'm planning for there to be gay along the line to balance out the straight

>"The alien Nein Nunb"
Fucking DICE.
They don't call them aliens, stop trying to make the empire seem "space racist" or whatever

starwars.wikia.com/wiki/Alien

Meant to reply

That figure is looking awesome!

I wish it was available outside the US, I think I'll have to settle for a knock off on some shady webstore.

>that feel when you see C-3P0 of all things blowing someone the fuck out.

>That figure is looking awesome!
it is literally the exact same as every other lego minifig

>Alien
Fucking speciesist.

#allspecieslivematter #... #exceptthevong #fuckthem

> "Some creatures in the galaxy are aliens. There are lots of different aliens. Aliens are not human." ―C-3PO

Wow, I had no idea C-3PO was such a racist/speciesist/xenophobe.
So much talk from JUST a droid made to be a TOOL.

Nah m8, it has a nice Revan print obviously.

wow 3po you fucker

Wow. It's "THE CURRENT YEAR" and I am just shocked this sort of behaviour is still acceptable. Fucking shitbots.

Plot losses are a different thing. Luke loses his aunt and uncle but it's not the same thing as screwing up and getting an immediate reprisal.

3PO is such a fucking jerk. Fluent in 6 million forms of communication, but tact isn't one of them.

This nonorganic thinks it has an opinion on things. That's why he'll never be more than a droid.

The Empire is space racist. Not in the way they were in Legends, but they are.

>Plot losses are a different thing.
It's a fictional story, all losses are plot losses.

He needs all those languages to know how to tell those damn aliens to fuck off

That is, until he collects enough runes to make the newer, better, singularity engine.

Is canon 3PO slowly becoming Creepio?

>becoming

you sad deluded fool

It's pretty good. Needs some revision, but keep it up.

I certainly hope so
>Creepio is Snoke

Have you ever seen Snoke and Creepio in the same room before? I haven't!

Oh my god, you're right!

Agent Kallus isn't need no more now that Thrawn is on the scene.

So how will they get rid of him?

>I love how Lucas thought the dark side was a cancer of the force
I like it more that way. Never really cared for "Gray" Jedi for similar reasons. The less the Force is explained, the better (for the most part). I didn't like the Mortis arc much either.

he'll die later in the season so you know "things are serious!"

He'll become Fulcrum.

Mortis isn't a definitive take on the Force either, it's just another aspect of it.

Don't remind me, I can't stand to lose another husbando.

I'm guessing he finally 'sees the light', defects to the Rebels and is force choked/dies by noble sacrifice. Sigh.

>know "things are serious!"
It's Star Wars Rebels, there's nothing serious about it. Guaranteed 100+ replies.

I didn't say it was definitive, just that I don't care for it since it adds little to the real heft in the narrative appeal of the Force. The Force worked as a nebulous look at spirituality and morality; trying to expand it into a proper mythology (however loosely) has had weak results. I also thought the addition of the Chosen One prophecy in general was similarly superfluous.

Defection followed by death at the hands of Thrawn

I never thought about Kallus being Fulcrum or defecting.

>"...so artistically done."

Assuming Kallus becomes the next Fulcrum (which someone has to, to make sense for Wedge's already established backstory in Aftermath), will his transmissions to Atollon jeopardize Phoenix Squadron? Surely after decrypting the transmissions once being found out, the Empire will be able to track down the planet.

Yep, he'll turn coats and join the rebels and either sacrifices himself at some point or ends up like that Protectorate Mandalorian, just disappearing.
I predict the warm-glowing thing he has acquired will be somehow to the benefit of the rebels too. Feel free to screencap this.

Didn't you see the 'bonding with Zeb' episode? And he was critical of Thrawn killing civilians. I feel like they're setting it up.

I'll be so butthurt if they do it though.

>or ends up like that Protectorate Mandalorian, just disappearing
Fenn Rau's coming back this Season.

But why would he build another one when Fart2 didn't like it.

Interesting prospect, would mesh well too.

Or he'll just turn into Rex 2.0, appearing only whenever to get them into Imperial compounds and whatnot.

I saw, but still never thought about it.

the second one will be better, Far2 will have to like it.

thewookieegunner.tumblr.com/post/147517778141/commandervisor-so-i-pitched-up-fulcrum-iis

Does Kallus have any good fanart at all?

Ah, crap.

SoundtrackAnon, reminded the Season Two Soundtrack is out today. Look forward to the MEGA.

Yes, I'm that guy that prefers the FLAC versions, could you accommodate?

Thanks! Anything in particular you think I should change?

So does Zeb connecting with the Ashla mean he's Force Sensitive?

I understand that different cultures use the Force in different ways. I would consider that Lasat mystic to be Force Sensitive, but I'm not sure about Zeb.

>Zeb will never smother you in his armpit to establish dominance
It's tough sometimes lads.

I'd say "feminine build" instead of looks since the subject was his biology. A basic grammatical fix with numbers: write them out instead (it's annoying but it helps not break immersion). Revise repetition: "I find they’re the most defiant, at first at least. It’ll make a good show, at least." Just keep "at least" in the first sentence. Other than that I like what I'm reading. You gonna add more Inquisitorius background? I think that'd be a good juxtaposition in his current situation.

>people giving a shit about Zeb
is this Bizzaro world?

His episodes were the best.

I want him to die, user.

Go watch his episodes then come back with better taste.

Zeb is an even less cool Worf, and Worf is shit. His entire job on the show is to job.

>"I find they’re the most defiant, at first. It’ll make a good show, if nothing else."
Does this work?

>Worf
>shit
Go watch Deep Space Nine then come back with better taste.

I'll have it up by the end of the night hopefully.

As for FLAC, here you go:

docs.google.com/document/d/1mUTEkMIAMIbRmIZBN3H33iA2ne3fwwvHJ9tEmnmzoS8/edit

That's the only link I can find.

Not all of the tracks are available FLAC so both season soundtracks(the ones i personally upload) will have tracks the above link and the other FLAC one does not.

Yeah well I want you to die of your shit taste, so it all evens out.

>thinking being on an even worse show will some how make Worf any better

It does. Her voice comes through organically now.

>thinking that continually spouting your awful taste will convince anyone with an IQ higher than a Cocker Spaniel

I can see I touched a nerve.

DS9 utterly ruined Worf. He was a good character in TNG and they assassinated the everloving fuck out of him on DS9. It's a travesty. That awful forced romance with Jadzia, his absolute lack of any chemistry with any of the characters, the whole subplot that retconned his relationship with Alexander and turned him into the worst father of all time. Just horrible.

Thanks!

Agent, I thought you were still in your room pining for Zeb's big Lasat pecker, what are you doing on Cred Forums?

youtube.com/watch?v=EUdPrHjTVpo

>A Girl's thoughts on Star Wars
>A young girl in 1977 gives her thoughts on Star Wars: A New Hope

Also, do you have any good resources on writing stream of consciousness? because the next part, by its nature, is gonna have a lot of 8bro's stream of consciousness.

This is pottery,

I think my favorite recent example of stream of consciousness is the voice-over sequences in Mr. Robot (especially helpful if you want him to be a ball of anxiety and paranoia). When I write it I just look internally, but every writer's different.

Responding to an hours old comment at this point, but in the RotS commentary Lucas says that Mace won the duel itself with Sidious legitimately, and that he wasn't feigning weakness until after his face got deformed.

>He'll become Fulcrum
Either this or dying heroically following a change of heart.

I interpreted it as;

>Sheev was intentionally trying to stall, sensing Anakin approaching
>However Sheev didn't expect Mace to be such a good fighter, and ends up actually losing for real
>Mace DID win the swordfight, but it didn't matter because Sheev could have, at ANY moment, blasted Mace with Lightning

So Mace won the swordfight legitimately, probably to Sheev's surprise, but Sheev was ALWAYS going to win in the end, with or without Anakin. Mace just can't match Sheev's ability in the Force.

Probably not too far off from the truth, since Sheev is the master of taking situations and turning them to his advantage.

I mean, just before the Showdown, Palpatine does send a telepathic message to Anakin - or at least, it can be interpreted as such. When Mace and the others are on their way, and Anakin is brooding in the Council chambers, we hear a voiceover of Palpatine, and its not dialogue we hear earlier in the film.

>Fulcrum
Am I missing something? Why should we get another Fulcrum in Rebels?

>Either this or dying heroically following a change of heart.
We already know he becomes Fulcrum II. Whether the second part happens remains to be seen, but I don't want it to happen because I ship Kalluzeb.

>We already know he becomes Fulcrum II.
source?

I'll check that out! In addition to looking inwards, of course. However, I'm thinking this will be a bit more difficult than regular stream of consciousness, due to 8bro's situation at the time.

I can spoil the situation if you want

Check the link my man.

doesn't really sound like him to me, but whatever.

keep in mind same voice actor doesn't mean same person.

So after we basically had the 22-minute clip of the crew screaming "KALLUS IS QUESTIONING HIS LOYALTY TO THE EMPIRE" that was The Honorable Ones, you think they're just gonna let that plot thread drop?

What are the best Star Wars forums?

No, I think he's going to die to show the audience "things are serious!"

But we've already had that

there's only been one episode in the season, they've not gotten to the "things are serious!" moment of this season. That usually happens somewhere in the last four or so episodes.

/swco/

it doesn't matter, none of them are good.

>wanting to destroy all force users
Star Cabal/Kreia get out

And the Force isn't hereditary. What are they gonna do, keep a permanent standing force on every planet in the galaxy checking every single newborn?

that sounds like something a witch would say.

That didn't really help me at all. I tried Reddit, but it was pure cancer.

>3po has told other droids it is there place to serve organics
>3po is the droid version of uncle ruckus

I was really hopping that Rex and his bros would have commandeered that AT-AT and ditched their walker in the end of that episode.
I've found it kinda weird that the Rex just joined the rebels and ditches his two bros on that planet. I would have been less mad if Rex took the other two clones with him, but we never see them so I assume he just left them there.
Man their life on that planet must suck a lot, I'm surprised they wouldn't just take the opportunity to leave that shithole, there is absolutely nothing to do on that barren planet.
I know it's a show for kids, but that whole part with three old clones just roaming absolutely empty planet on their walker with nothing to do was really stupid.

Hey Stream user, are we gonna see the new episode at 2AM again tonight?

This place is obviously the best.
The Star Wars subreddit is decent if you don't mind normies.
theforce.net is okay as well if you can take some OT elitists and elitists in general.

Those are the only big ones that I know of.

The force flows through everything, user. Every living being has a bit of the living force, and in the end returns to the cosmic force. The nightsisters were proof you don't even have to be force sensitive yourself to tap into it. Look at Savage.

Apparently they did take over that AT-AT after Rex left, it just happened offscreen.

Wolffe and Gregor did commandeer the AT-AT. They were retired and not exactly in perfect shape mentally to fight.

Rex joned because he still can fight.

I fail to see how its stupid that retired veterans want to stay retired veterans.

Even if I was a retired veteran with dementia, I wouldn't want to spend rest of my life on a empty planet where only thing to do is to jack off.
I'd at the very least hitch a ride somewhere else.

Ahsoka needed Rex's help and he REALLY realized that when he found out that Wolffe held back Ahsoka's messages from him and when they had to fight the Empire. Wolffe, Gregor, and Rex are now enemies to the Empire.

user, you're assuming clones have feelings

>not wanting to have a relaxed ground worm fishing life with one of your brothers
Some people just want the simpler things in life.

This man's existence puts your claim to shame.

clones are basically just less interesting robots, they don't actually have feelings or souls user.

Which battalion had the most fabulous hair?

Jesus fuck, that looks terrible

stardestroyer.net

Why is that clone trooper's hair mustard yellow?

Havoc or Gree had my favorite clone haircuts desu.

that's not hair, he just came back from the brain slug planet.

(you)

so how's thrawn? i haven't seen s3 yet

he's got a whiny high pitched voice, cries all the time and doesn't do a Goddamn thing. Easily the weakest part of the whole show.

They're setting him up for a slow burn, so he didn't do much yet. He has a charismatic screen presence. He has a backstory of wiping out a rebel cell with mass civilian categories.

as of yet he hasn't done anything, so we don't know anything about him.

>that scene where Thrawne starts lamenting about his small penis that even Zilkins laugh at while Kallas awkwardly tries to shuffle out the room

What the fuck, Disney?

Because we already have one in the trailer that sounds exactly like Kallus' voice.

They're evocative of the WW2 landing craft which is one of the only original things I've seen of the nucanon in keeping with the spirit of riffing WW2 like the original.

and Ventress made a sith holocron, right?

why is the canopy so fucking huge?

False equivalency. Ventress making a Sith holocron is stupid as fuck but Kallus becoming the new Fulcrum actually makes sense for where his character was going in Season 2.

>doesn't really sound like him to me, but whatever
Even if it turns out to be a ruse, that's obviously Kallus' voice actor. He has a very distinct voice, and he hasn't voiced additional characters on the show before. How could you not hear him?

>I was really hopping that Rex and his bros would have commandeered that AT-AT and ditched their walker in the end of that episode.
They did.

>I've found it kinda weird that the Rex just joined the rebels and ditches his two bros on that planet. I would have been less mad if Rex took the other two clones with him, but we never see them so I assume he just left them there.
I think their mental fortitude is a bit dodgy to join the Rebellion.

Some people want to fish for the rest of their lives.

Uncaring senators please go.

So this is how it goes down when Rebels is airing:

We will always stream the episode at airtime, which means you can always count on watching it with us at 8:30 PM ET / 5:30 PM PT this season.

DisneyXD is sporadic when they put up new episodes on their site. Sometimes they do it 20+ hours earlier, sometimes they do it at airtime, sometimes they put it up afterwards. If they release the episode and it happens to come out at 2AM again, I'll stream it if I'm awake. If I'm not, I'll stream probably at airtime.

TLDR: If I can, sure. But I don't control that. You always know you can show up at airtime to watch it with other anons.

Did you watch The Clone Wars? Have you seen "The Deserter", The Umbara arc, and the Fives arc?

As long as if the episode is released early we get a mega in a timely manner I'll be happy

New X wing coloration

I've only seen him in fanart where he's paired with Zeb

By the Stars how horrifying

>That scene where Kallus suspects Thrawn killed all those civilians because he felt emasculated over his small penis. He then wonders what the blue man is doing to keep Pryce on lockdown.

This isn't at all what I expected, Disney.

>pryce will never give you a gloved handjob while she laughs at your cock
Just airlock me now Senpai

Hey the OST for Season 2 is out any MP3 links? Thank you.

Working on it. Gonna start uploading soon.

Rock and roll! Thank you kindly.

all just gbears and sparks, user.
clones aren't real people.

Rogue One is in a shaky place right now. Regardless of what rumors you wish to believe, it's clear that production is not going well. That composer change shakeup is not a good sign at all, with the film releasing so soon.

I have no expectations, other than I hope it's still a war movie and better then TFA. My normie friends will probably drag me to watch it, so maybe I'll see it a day or two after it opens. But if I wasn't prompted, I would wait to hear general thoughts on it before I went into see it. I don't care for reviews, because I can come to my own conclusions.

user, reviews are just peoples thoughts on a movie.
you just said you'd wait for reviews, but that you don't care for them.

Genuinely curious. Planning on seeing it as soon as I can, but this time I'm going alone. That way I don't miss out on a bulk of the movie because the people I'm with keep asking question after question.

They're barely even trying to sell new toys anymore.

I don't care for detailed reviews. I'm a see it or don't see it kind of person, and I know I'll see it at some point in time, but whether or not I see it in the theater is based on general vibes I get. I don't mean traditional reviews, or the opinions of someone's blog or YouTube channel. The only criteria for me to see it is someone saying

>"It was mostly good"
>"It was alright"
>"I'm not sure/don't see it".

I'll leave the rest up to me.

So I guess you can call those "reviews', but I don't see it that way.

I should've taken a better look at the stock over on my end. Only things I can recall were masks (Vader, stormtrooper, Kylo, Sabine) and more Black Series figures I've ever seen before

I had a similar experience with my first TFA screening... Fortunately I actually new most of the answers but still... Distracted from the experience...

Speaking of toys, I saw this image on the LEGO website today and got excited that the TIE Phantom was getting a model.

Then I squinted and saw it was that ugly new TIE fighter and I was disappointed.

One thing stopping me from uploading. Can anyone help me identify the episode this is cue is from? It's called "Push Through"

vocaroo.com/i/s1F6LKkY71vh

that's the new TIE design for Rogue One.

if I buy two of them I can finally make my TIE Interceptor that they REFUSE to re-release.

I'm not sure, maybe it was unreleased or turned out not to be used.

>TIE Interceptor

Fuck, you had to remind me that was the one original TIE I missed as a kid, back when they were blue/black because grey/black is too boring for children. I've got the standard TIE, the Advance, and the Bomber (plus a duplicate still in the box somewhere) all in the old blue/black but not the fucking Interceptor. At least I snagged the grey/black Defender later on.

I'll include it in a separate folder then. It comes from Kiner's website so I and others haven't been able to figure out which episode it was from

Now that I'm listening to the Soundtrack, I don't recall ever hearing "Where the Sun Sails and the Moon Walks" in the show. It seems like an early alternate version of "Its Over Now."

You have 45 minutes to convince me that I should read the new canon star wars books. Previous books that I've enjoyed are DiscWorld, Hitchikers Guide to the Galaxy, and Horus Heresy.

Lost Stars makes the Empire so sympathetic, that the Death Star destruction feels like 9/11.

Yeah, it seems to be an alternate version

Tarkin has Tarkin in it.

If you don't read the new canon star wars books you're a faggot.

How's that?

The books proved even more that the Empire was right all along and the rebels are incompetent.

Shit man, now you gotta do it.

Things really do seem to have gone to shit in the sequel era, don't they? Everyone's an asshole and all the sacrifices of the OT were for naught.

Defection, gets rejected by the Rebels cause he participated in the Lasat genocide, so he joins Maul.

Poor Little Sith Lord smiles smugly because he's no longer alone, and proceeds to order Kallus around, calling him "servant". We see him several seasons later, looking far more subservient and subdued than when he chased the rebels

I think it was the speeder chase/Kanan, Ezra and Zeb fight scene with the Inquisitors. Part of it kinda sounds like when Ezra took down Kallus as well.

Because it houses multiple people? The size of the crew is more like that of a Lambda shuttle.

Reminder nobody cares about Kallus being Fulcrum, and it matters more about how he becomes Thrawn's undoing.

There is no new Fulcrum though.

>This place is obviously the best.
user you couldn't have said that with a straight face.

>it matters more about how he becomes Thrawn's undoing.
If Kallus is the reason Thrawn looses...

>Kallus removes his mutton chops to reveal they are actually weapons
>stabs Thrawn to death with them

>and it matters more about how he becomes Thrawn's undoing.
But what about Rukh?

Season Two soundtrack is uploading. Here's a direct link to the folder:

mega.nz/#F!d513zJTK!kBBw6VZxMlZicK5cAMw_Qw

I think I'll kust keep it separate just in case

Bitchin'!

This deep dream thing is so fun

deepdreamgenerator.com/

>Vader fights Ahsoka on an Ice Planet

>plo koon stains little soka's glass.jpg

What time is the episode on tomorrow?

Not to mention it being the stage between the Old Republic and the Sith Empire for it's abundance in resources (and other reasons).

>tfw you turn into a clanker

8:30 pst/5:30 est

Perhaps sooner, if fortune smiles

Wonder if more Old Republic era content will come up in comics/movies/etc after S2 of Rebels.

Until more KoTFE is released, I aint got no updates on the Sith Empire or the Empire's Wrath's future adventures :(

"It don't matter, none of this matters" Carl has Luke/Han Edit when?

The other anons, I feel are correct but they are missing a critical component to Wolfe and Gregor. Filoni stated it's kinda of commentary of some Pennsylvanians. As one myself, we have some large retirement communities and some of these old timers just want nothing to do with anything and all they think about is fishing or golf. I think it's even funnier because I live a few miles down from a big one and they act just as nutty and aloof as these guys.

>Tfw you only play TOR for Character dressup
If shit wasn't so fucking expensive in the GTN I swear

>tfw still no soundtrack name for the scene where SS and 5B stalk Ezra and Sabine

youtu.be/gu1KdCrVmjU?t=1m17s it's so good

Upcoming 4-pack of figures is going to include Saw Gerrera- this is one of our first good look at his full costume (along with the Funko figure)

>tfw no mid season trailer version of Ahsoka's Theme music
>tfw no Protector of Concord Dawn scene where Kanan pursues Fenn Rau on foot before he takes off (the one on the soundtrack is the cue immediatley afterward, only furthering my rage)
>tfw not the shroud of darkness music tracks I wanted

We need a more complete release of the music.

youtu.be/LJyxPDEvo9U

I came close to getting the Black Series Jyn because I thought the face was cute.

Went with the Death Trooper instead

Also, when does 'Kanan Momentarily Victorious" play in the finale, or is that another piece of alternate music?

>Ep 6-9 Nu Republic doesn't have a glorious Saresh-character to transform it into an autocracy over several years.

I got into the MMO recently and the light Sith Warrior story is incredible. Need more Sith heroes!

Creating an Agent next

I wish Saw and that hovertank pilot had been released today. They released a single wave and it's filled with some awkward choices (Jyn in a poncho, Imperial ground crew, a Kylo after everyone who wants one has gotten one). Krennic, Jyn in regular clothes, or even a regular-carded Deathtrooper aren't coming until the end of the year.

And the weird riff on the Imperial March that plays at the end of Chopper Base.

LS SW is probably one of the better stories in the game.
Agent's story really depends on who you ask and your playstyle. The class itself, depending on Sniper or Op, can either be fun, annoying, or boring. The story itself on the other hand, is praised for being one of the best stories in the game. Which isn't saying much.
It really depends on who you ask. Some people like it. Other people fell into the "agent hype" and played it and disliked it. So it really depends on you yourself

>tfw no season 2 trailer music
0:14 is sooo good
youtube.com/watch?v=YfeWNZqVYsE

Yeah, for whatever reason only two members of the principal cast are in the first wave

Everything we have of the S2 Soundtrack has been uploaded. Sadly we don't have all of the tracks, like the music from the Season 2 trailers or some tracks from individual episodes. Maybe we'll get those in the future though.

I added one track(the end credits) to the Season One soundtrack so make sure to download that if you want. I also have uploaded the Flux Pavilion remixes of the Rebels theme(a shorter version with sound effects, and a longer one with only the music).

Here's a link to the Star Wars Rebels folder:

mega.nz/#F!k8l2jBSZ!keCmwN3eoUmSCX2NYYNL3g

The droid is in the center. Interesting Don't spoil it pls

Star Wars Canon Novels

updated!

thanks for all the work you do soundtrackanon!

You're welcome. Just glad to help out and provide for the thread.

Star Wars Canon Comics

updated!

Vader is ending soon, right?

Its next issue, #25, is its final issue.

How is Kanan ongoing if it already ended?
Are there more issues coming?

Kanan was by far my favorite of the comics, so I'm confused. I thought it was done.

Yep. Two more issues.

Marvel/Disney seem to be giving up on printed media. They've dialed back their novel releases as well. 2016 has seen only two novels released so far, in 9 months! And there's only one more novel planned for the year, Catalyst, and one young adult novel, Ahsoka. So a total of 4 books over the course of the year.

It's a real shame because I mainly read the books and comics as I don't much like the tv series.

Kanan is already ended and there are not more issues coming. It was very good. I haven't watched the Rebels series, but even so Kanan was a real highlight of the new Comic canon.

I'd say the Servants of the Empire novels were better than actual rebels. On one hand it's good they ended when they did but on the other there's nothing to replace them.

>I haven't watched the Rebels series,
It's so much better if you read the comics first.
Man.
After reading the comics I rewatched season 1 before watching season 2.
I mean the episodes are just 20 minutes each so you can basically work your way through the series in a weekend.
But the comics really added to the character, especially when they run into the clones.

I like the new unified canon approach, even if I don't think everything new has been good so far.

>I haven't watched the Rebels series
Have you watched TCW?

The first season only. I just haven't been able to get into the SW tv shows at all... They're on my to watch list, but they just aren't grabbing my attention like other shows, and I find myself enjoying the books and comics more.

I read the first one, Edge of the Galaxy, and it was really boring. Does the series get better?

glaced the trailer again, are we getting fucking Dark Troopers back? yet they seem weird, like a mix of Phase 1 and 2

>They're on my to watch list, but they just aren't grabbing my attention like other shows
Gotta say that TCW basically saved Star Wars for me.
After watching the Prequels I was kinda meh towards it.
TCW starts of slow, but it really picks up in terms of quality and does a lot of really good storytelling with all the worldbuilding and politics that was shoved into the PT.

Definitely the 'heart' of Star Wars for me.
Also the reason why I'm kinda sad George didn't do episode VII. Would have loved to see his take on the film, building on all the established stuff so far.
But I totally get it. Has to suck to have people vilify everything you do, no matter what you do. You can't please everyone, but with a franchise as big as Star Wars you cab always get a very vocal unpleased number of people.

are there any drawfriends around to draw sfw star wars OC requests

Looks that way. It's not uncommon for Filoni to tweak something from the EU when he decides to include it. Malachor for example, or pic related when the Z-95 was introduced in TCW (I guess it's since been retconned as a variant).

Not that user, but since we're talking about it...

I just never found TCW to be all that entertaining or interesting. A lot of the stories were very, very predictable, I never really found myself caring if any of the supporting cast had anything happen to them, and I never once felt that there was any real drama in regards to any of the main characters. All in all the experience felt rather pointless to me. I guess i never "got into it". I was told the series was really good, that it started slow and really picked up and it just never did for me.

I didn't really like the prequels when they came out either and I still don't like them all that much, though I can see some merit in parts. But it's a drop in the bucket compared to everything else in the movies. For me Lucas pretty much just had Star Wars in him, and then after that he just never recaptured that magic that made me love them.

I wouldn't say that I'm glad that he's gone, but I'd say that I'm content to know that I won't have to be worried about another prequel debacle. I liked TFA well enough for what it was, but looking at TCW and the PT, I'm not exactly lamenting the fact that Lucas didn't make it.

TCW has a lot of stupid shit in it, but on the whole it's a very solid action-adventure cartoon if nothing else. As Star Wars, it's better than I expected given its ties to the prequel story. Worth a watch.

PT>TCW

TCW ruined Anakin because Jorge was so defeated he pussied out on his original vision for him.

Very much so.

Speaking of TOR, anybody giving away credits?

>he pussied out on his original vision for him.
being a fag?

And so it begins.

How did TCW ruin Anakin? Genuinely curious what you mean.

Maximun overcontrarian

ayo negros, I'm back
Any news about Rogue One? How was the first episode of s3 rebels?

>phoneposter
>shit grammar
>uses appeals to consensus

they're both shit

>negros
Fuck off.

>tfw my Imperial Soldier in Star Wars the Old Republic got to fuck his Sith Commander

RP servers are pretty goat tbqh

>Any news about Rogue One?
Nope.

>How was the first episode of s3 rebels?
Great

>Any news about Rogue One?
Bad news, more production mishaps. New composer weeks away from the film release.

>How was the first episode of s3 rebels?
I liked it. Episode IV tie in with General Dodonna namedrop, we gave him some Y-Wings. Force stuff, Dark Side stuff.

What's the point of Thrawn if they retconned the Vong Invasion? Literally the second half of Thrawns story is trying to unify the galaxy to have a chance at defeating the coming invasion.

Because the Vong was a stupid fucking idea.

bullshit retcons

Thrawn was just a fascist

Yes it was. But TFA much very more stupider.

>Literally the second half of Thrawns story is trying to unify the galaxy to have a chance at defeating the coming invasion.
Yeah, that's a retcon, though.

>Vader is Luke's dad

>yeah that's a retcon tho

This is like saying that there's no point to Palpatine without the Vong, since the EU also decided that the entire reason he built the Empire was to prepare and strengthen the galaxy in anticipation of the Vong invasion.

It technically is, just like Leia being his sister.

Point being that being a retcon is irrelevant. It was part of Thrawn's story.

bitch Darth being a title is a fucking retcon.

It wasn't a necessary part, though. Thrawn's story was already told before the Vong were created, and his story had never required them before.

>bitching about EU changes
>bringing up Vong
The pepe should've been enough of a sign that this is blatant bait but for whatever reason people keep falling for it.

>It wasn't a necessary part, though.
You could say that for the ESB reveal.

Point is you just subscribe to the 'NJO was bad' maymay like the sheep you are.

I read that as 'Luke is Vader's Dad'

>Point is you just subscribe to the 'NJO was bad' maymay like the sheep you are.
Good to know you were just baiting.

Episode 8 reveals Luke became so powerful in the Force he could travel through time, and met a nice girl with a funny accent...

Can't dismiss anything you don't like as bait.
We both know that i'm not baiting.

I think its good comentary on the boogryman posters that always say that anyone that brings up any criticizing remarks about the PT is an RLM bandwagoner.

From what we've seen, the person baiting usually pretends to be another person falling for the bait and he basically talks to himself until he can draw other people in.

That it works nearly every time is kind of depressing.

>anyone that brings up any criticizing remarks about the PT is an RLM bandwagoner
It's not usually just criticism that gets accused of that, it's the PREQUELS WERE SHIT EVERYONE WHO LIKES THEM IS WRONG AND DUMB people.

Why was the EU so obsessed with making all of the bad guys good guys?

Come again? If anything the Clone Wars show made Anakin better.

But not one people consider vital to Thrawn's appeal or his story as people appreciate it.

Vader being Anakin is a retcon too, but it's a retcon people like because it's interesting and makes more overt aspects of Vader's role in the story that were already there. People don't give a fuck about the Vong so much.

I've literally spelled out what I didn't like about the movies and the first three replies were that I was a RLM sheep. The second time when I said some more I got two more people saying the same thing.

The only reason I even know what RLM is is from people in these threads accusing me of just repeating whatever it is they said.

note the 'bullshit' qualifier

muh deep moral ambiguity for adults

Lucas was right in that kind of shit is jerkoff fodder for twenty-somethings

you,can have moral ambiguity without just making every single person an anti-villain.

I contacted some friends in Lucas Arts and I got all the assets and builds for Starwars 1313, your welcome anons. Just follow the link below
[This link has been found in violation of UN Charter §47.312]
Ples add to sticky

Doing it right is tough. Making a charismatic fascist and an evil space wizard into shades of gray is just dumb. I don't mind Thrawn being just a fascist, he seems to have the political mind of an angry toddler, it makes sense for him.

>imperial soldier
Nice joke, there is no imperial soldier class

This is kind of why I never liked Grievous's old backstory. It tried too hard to make him sympathetic and even had to explain that he'd had his brain tampered with to justify why he went from honorable space Indian wronged by the evil Jedi to being Snidely Whiplash.

Him just being super butthurt about the Jedi being better than him just fits his character better.

>Not playing as an Imperial Agent But role playing as a soldier on RP servers

ok, thanks

Was it erotic role play?

I post on the star wars reddit a lot but there are a good number of TFA defenders like "/u/defendtheforceawakens", who insisted to me that TFA is better than a New Hope.

>reddit
jesus, now I remember why I left these threads

You're probably on Ebin Hawk, but if you're on Begeren Colony, my Sage will thoroughly thrash your shit.

Begeren is dead, user. Let it rest.

Well I'm not transferring to Ebon. Harbinger is more alive than Ebon.

Do you only play on Ebon? What other servers are you on?

I started on Gav Dagaron back when Aussie servers were a thing, then got transferred to Begeren when Gav died. I stayed there for three years and watched it dry up. I moved to Ebon last year, during the great ERP/dancer flood.

Seriously. ERP was more prevalent than RP. Not my thing.

Any news on the new ep?

I'd play on Ebin if the Republic side was more populated.

Ah, my sympathies. Pubside RP has always seemed pretty dead on EH.

Savage was a normie who was elevated by having a massive dose of Living Force shoved up his ass by Mother Talzin and some Nightsister helpers. I mean it's pretty damn far from normal circumstances and certainly not something we've seen another Force group using.

Of course you're 100% correct about the Force. Good Ol' Paul Hidalgo is on record that even Han Solo's luck is Force derived, not that he recognizes it as such or had any conscious control over it. Turns out all those times the Rebellion said May the Force Be With Us like it was going to help them out, it can literally do that. And hey, if the Force can bestow good luck I'm sure it can do bad luck too. Turns out Plot Armor is just the Force making Stormtroopers bad shots most of the time (not that they need much help).

When Han says the Force doesn't work like that, the Force can literally work like that, if it decides to influence events. Will of the Force and all that.

Still with Zeb I think it was mostly his bo-rifle. Not saying it's Force Sensitive! It's more like a dowsing rod that actually works given it was designed by the ancients of his people to use the Ashla like that. It's working through his subconscious connection to the Force that all living beings share. Like I bet there are people in the galaxy running fortune telling operations with their version of tarot cards and they more often than not predict the actual future through subconscious use of the Force.

Plus I'm sure there are gradations. Most people are unaware of their connection, others merely get flashes of inspiration or brief precog deja vu. If you're strong enough in the Force you can manipulate it. But there are probably people on the border with just enough to be weird/wyrd, can sense shit or hear whispers from the Force, but not enough to fuel any actually powers. Couldn't even lift a salt shaker.

Threadly reminder that Plo-Koon survived the clone ambush, ejected, and was immediately shot in the back of the head by Kid Boba.

>5:30 est
We wish, user. We still have to wait fur 8:30 EST. They just air it later in other timezones.

>bitching about peoples browsing habits
who the fuck cares some people go to reddit? I bet the majority of 4chaners use Facebook too. stop being a retard

>using Facebook for anything other than connecting with family
Cancer.
>using reddit
Cancer.

Here's your reply.

You must not have friends. Especially if they're move overseas or across the country.

I just like that the Bendu said nothing of substance after claiming to be in the middle.

It shows that all these so-called Grey Jedi are just non-committal do-nothings.

The most the Bendu had to offer was describing how to use Force Sight. That's it. Being a neutral nobody gets you nothing other than the ability to observe stuff.

I do have friends, I also add them on Facebook.

But I don't talk to them on Facebook because I'm not an antisocial fuck. Kill yourself.

Reminder to whoever makes the next (Bendu) thread that it's Cred Forums's birthday hat day. Plan your OP image accordingly.

>not antisocial
>discussing lore of a franchise created and geared for children on a friday night

Fuck of Jamarcus

Who's Jamarcus?

What will you do... when they catch you?
What will you do if they BEND U?!

Sure got me there dude.

>how to spot Cred Forums

For me there were three big problems with TFA:

1) Moviekiller Base. That fucking Death Star rerun is the source of 90% of the movie's problems. It derails the entire "find Luke" plot, does so by crashing the party halfway through the movie (both prior Death Stars were mentioned in their respective films' goddamn opening crawls and shown repeatedly long before any of our heroes reached them, being as they were the centers of their respective films), makes no visual sense (hey look at this slow-ass beam, it somehow crosses the whole fucking galaxy), makes the First Order make no sense (are they a small terrorist organization or a huge government with vast resources on par with the Empire? The crawl suggests option 1, the movie itself suggests option 2, but if 2, then why the fuck is the Republic still alive to even be destroyed?), and has an unsatisfying final confrontation surrounding it (the X-wing fight is an afterthought and the saber duel is boringly tame in a dull location).

2) Kylo Ren recognizes Rey less as the movie goes on. You can actually see this, it's very obviously the ghost of a cut plotline. The officer says that FN-2187 and the droid were accompanied by a girl -- Kylo Ren freaks out and chokes him, "WHAT GIRL?!" On Takodana, a stormtrooper says the droid was seen heading into the forest...with a girl -- Kylo Ren perks up and glares towards the forest the second the trooper says "girl". But once he meets her, she's "the scavenger" and "you've seen the map" and then just "she's strong in the Force" with no other concerns or priorities at all.

3) Abrams can't into poetry, and not just Lucas rhyming. His visual style is the film equivalent of prose. Lucas liked to direct his movies like they were epic poetry. It could be bad poetry, it could be good poetry, but it was poetry all the same.

I know that at least the Vatican fucking savaged it. Good to know they weren't alone.

>browsing Cred Forums
>ever
This will be your last (You)

Lucas runs up to you saying "LOOK AT THIS! LOOK AT THIS! WOW THIS IS AMAZING!" like a big slobbering golden retriever

Abrams is a snarky college student elbowing you from the seat next to you, murmuring "pfft, get a load of this shit".

Now, dog slobber can be a nuisance, especially when it's coming from a fully-grown man, but it still reflects a much better attitude than a snarky college student saying "get a load of this shit".

I don't mind the Starkiller Base, but sadly not for the reasons JJ would like. I actually enjoy it because it makes the FO an even more ridiculous bunch of wannabes trying desperately to follow in the footsteps of the Empire and the Emperor to the point where they are probably actually proud that their first one was destroyed because it makes them just like their idols and the true inheritors of the Imperial Cause.

As for Kylo Ren, well, I know what you mean and I recognized the same things when watching it but given he has the Force it isn't out of the question he could sense connections.He's basically sensing that in the future a little girl will kick his ass. Which is actually kind of funny.

Now none of this is evident in the movie, but is just a Certain Point of View. We all find our own ways to cope.

The really great part is that he only did it just the one time, to make it really special.

Firefly and Serenity used it too often, and frequently timed it a second or so too late. "You think I wouldn't shoot a Shepherd?" *snap-zoom as soon as the 'd' of Shepherd is out of his mouth*. Should have been during the word Shepherd if you were going to do it at all.

Name somewhere better.
Here we can shit talk/have some banter without fear of being banned for no-no words. Or being banned for contentious opinions, despite the double edged sword that it is.
We aren't flooded with 2casual4u morons who ask when Rouge One takes place on a daily basis and drop dank Bothan memes, but enough new people come in to where we aren't totally stagnant and ending up like /frz/ and other old generals.
It's not the best because it's really really great, it's the best because it's better than the alternatives, and it's all we've really got.
You think we could get into in-depth talks about what things are legitimately good or bad using any explitive we want, or post cropped porn and the links for the original on Reddit's version of here? Not for long without bans or the down votes pushing them out of the catalog, or whatever their equivalent is.
But maybe we could, but we'd have to make accounts on Reddit, nuff said.
We're a stable forum for talking about Star Wars stuff, with little intervention.
It could always be worse.

I can understand Kylo Ren recognizing Rey early by sensing connections somehow.

What I don't understand is that he seems to FORGET her as the movie progresses. He starts out ready to choke a bitch just for mentioning a generic girl at all, but by the time he meets her face-to-face it's just "so you're the scavenger I've heard about. Huh. Weird. I wonder if you have the Force. Oh, you do. Cool."

There was this sense of "YOU!!!" early on, and it's just gone by the time they actually meet face to face. The ghost of an abandoned plot thread.

Yikes, I'm gonna be the one guy that says the TFA rescue scene was better. It had a lot more energy coming from the cast, especially Finn and Poe which got me hyped. AotC has CG eye candy sure, and I love the hell out of clonetroopers, but it was a boring scene overall because our main stars look so out of touch with the big battle going on. They act this way nearly the entire movie actually.

This is the actual best place. Nobody comes here unless they know something about Star Wars and want to talk about it egolessly (except our resident name/tripfags on that last point, but they've earned it).

You have an actual open forum for discussion here. Come here for Disney canon, go to /tg/ for Legends, otherwise go nuts within those parameters.

So you have informed discussion with no pride to get in the way. Paradise.

If the Watch Disney XD app is getting it early again, we probably won't know for a few hours. I think last week it hit at like 5-6AM eastern

Completely agree. Every other place seems to have a bias towards SOME sort of aspect of Star Wars. Here, we maybe don't like the EU that much, but those people are a small minority either way.

The Star Wars subreddit is okay when it comes to discussion posts but fuck me those people are fucking shit. I don't even care that we pretty much discuss the same topics here every day. At least we're not posting our shitty tattoos

You guys are the reason I started getting interested in Star Wars and unironically waiting characters again

Your Geonosis video makes me sad, because that is far and away my least favorite part of the Battle of Geonosis.

The droid factory isn't great, but it's exciting and set in an interesting locale. The fight with the beasts before the other Jedi show up is glorious, one of the best parts of the movie. The huge ground battle is gorgeous and decadently indulgent. And the final confrontation with Dooku is adequate -- barely.

But the fight between the Jedi and the droids in the arena, with the beasts running around in the middle of it? Ugh. Goes on far too long, doesn't get much done, is full of shots that just have terrible compositing and involve only background characters we don't care about, etc.

This whole segment could have been trimmed to about 1/3 its length, keeping only the highlights like the death of Jango Fett (and the death of Coleman Trebor because goddamn Jango was a stone cold badass there), killing the beasts to fire that Chekov's Gun, and some of the more impressive grand action shots, and we'd have lost nothing of value.

Outside of /tg/ and Cred Forums, the only other place worth a damn is /r/MawInstallation. Even then, only if they have a good selection of topics up.

Any chance we'll see Alliance SpecForce or SpecOps. I hope we see Infiltrators in new canon

I think it does go on too long. Both it and the factory (which feels like padding because it really is- Lucas inserted it much later because he felt he needed an action sequence there). I think shaving some time off of those two sequences and adding some of the exposition that was cut out would've helped. I know Lucas was afraid the movie was already getting to "talk-y" and there are people who do complain about it, but the Lost Twenty discussion for example gave insight into the movie's main villain which is sorely missing from the finished cut.

I honestly didn't get that vibe from Ren's reaction towards the girl. When the officer mentions a mere girl, I felt Ren assumed she was some low life scum from the planet which is what triggered him.

Rey isn't helped by how much of her backstory is deliberately hidden. For all we know she could indeed still be someone Ben and Snoke believed was dead or even someone they sense will later fuck up their shit. But when Kylo Ren meets her she's just a normie with no real powers as far as he can tell. It isn't until she resists and reverses his interrogation that he freaks out, and the earlier stuff could explain why he freaked out. He just thought she was a nobody after all when he first met her but it turns out she has the mojo too and could be The Rey, Chosen By Destiny to do Fuck Knows What. It could explain why he immediately ran to Snoke.

The movie is flawed because it seems there is more going on here to explain weird moments like Kylo immediately running to Snoke. The information could be, and probably will turn out to be, deliberately hidden because JJ, for some reason, didn't want to make any definitive statements on her character or nature beyond what little wound up in the movie.

The funny thing is she's pretty much damned either way. If she turns out to be a magical Skywalker baby she'll be considered more of a Mary Sue. If she's just some previously unconnected kid who happens to be Force Sensitive she's ALSO a Mary Sue because she they'll never accept that she didn't fly perfectly and it wasn't even her first flight ever and she only defeated a wounded Kylo Ren.

yeah i dont think so. When you watch Alec Guiness in a new hope explain to Luke the story about Vader and his father you get this sense that Obi Wan is making up bullshit and lying on the spot in order to convey to Luke that Darth Vader and his Father are two completely different people in order to spare him the pain and confusion of such knowledge.
I'm certain Lucas always intended for Vader to be Anakin considering his name can be translated to Dark Father

Could just be a coincidence and even purposeful misdirection. For instance I have the feeling Kylo Ren would have throttled that dude even if he'd said FN-2187 was last seen walking with the son of Jar Jar Binks and an Ewok.

Kylo perking up about a girl running in to the forest with a droid makes sense given the earlier scene. He'd heard about the droid in question with a rogue stormtrooper with a girl. Doesn't take a Force Sensitive to make the potential connection and being Force Sensitive means his guess as to her identity is prone to be more accurate than most people's.

Was the Bloodline novel good?

That thought very briefly crossed my mind, but Ren doesn't have anything even approaching that level of needless pride. If anything, the "show me, grandfather" and "I'm being torn apart" scenes do a great job showing just how utterly depleted his self-esteem is.

I don't think he's capable of enough pride to take that kind of attitude. I get the sense he sees himself as Snoke's student, servant, and tool, like Vader's near-total subservience to Sidious. There's a certain humility in that, but even more so given that mere normie officers like Hux can give Ren a tongue-lashing without fear.

Vader's revelation as Anakin is more a plot twist, only technically a retcon because they function the same way by replacing previously established/known continuity with new information.

Still considered distinctive in it's own way, since you don't consider every lie, misdirection, or misapprehension in a movie as a retcon even if they are functionally identical.

Good and bad is a subjective point of view, Anakin.

Some people like it, some people find it boring. Some people liked the politics, some people liked the world building in the largely unknown history of the thirty years post Endor. It's potentially important to the future movies since Rian Johnson had some input, specifically on the political parties (for lack of a better term) within the Republic.

But the only way to find out is for yourself. You can find it in the OP mega to try out for yourself.

>that bird on Jakku

I know what bird you're talking about and that effect was terrible. There's no reason to have a puppet that bad looking in a large-budget movie in 2015. It would have actually looked more realistic with the CGI we have now. It really just feels like it was literally added in to stroke people's practical effects boner.

Does this count as Revan being canon?

That is a retcon in the sense of "actual retroactive continuity".

When the Thrawn trilogy was written, Thrawn was just trying to reinstate the Empire.

Hand of Thrawn duology was just Thrawn Trilogy 2: Electric Boogaloo.

Thrawn wasn't trying to defeat the Yuuzhan Vong invasion until the NJO series released AFTER all of Thrawn's books were out. And even then, it took until Outbound Flight to actually establish that Thrawn knew anything about the Yuuzhan Vong. That's retroactive continuity: continuity that only applies after the fact of the existing work.

Thrawn is back in Rebels because the idea of a Sherlock Holmes Grand Admiral is fucking awesome. Although, the way he's operating in Rebels, he's less like Sherlock Holmes and more like a fit Nero Wolfe.

Can't his little freak out over a girl taking a droid from his stormies also be seen as a display of insecurity and failure? His anger doesn't have to be seen only as "you dare let this girl stand in my way!", it can also be like "how could you let this girl stand in my way!?".

I thought it was hilarious because it was basically acting like one of these.

Most of the Battle of Takodana is CG too. The set is mostly blue Screen with debris on the ground.

Many things were like that. Bringing back Ackbar is one of those things. Just a mouth flap, witch is ridiculous in the CURRENT YEAR. Also more ridiculous that there was an unused Mon Cala head created for ROTS that had better mouth control then the one in TFA.

>I'm certain Lucas always intended for Vader to be Anakin

He didn't.

>considering his name can be translated to Dark Father

No it doesn't. Darth was never a real word until Star Wars invented it.

"Vader" translating into dutch/german(roughly) as "father" is a coincidence. It is much more likely that the name came from "invader".

They could be thinking long term. In a decade or two, this hypothetical CGI bird could end up looking worse than what we got. I honestly enjoyed the cheesy practical effects bird.

He's LEGO Canon! The best kind of canon!

>this hypothetical CGI bird could end up looking worse than what we got
You really think that?

Yes I know Takodana was CG too but the actors make it work. It still feels more real. It also helps that the stormtroopers are real men in armor, unlike the clones, droids, space bugs, and arena beasts.

Invader would fit more with his usual naming scheme for Sith. Sidious/Insidious, Plagueis/Plague, Tyrannus/Tyrant, Maul/...Maul, Bane/...oh fuck it, they don't always have to be altered.

>this hypothetical CGI bird could end up looking worse than what we got
Even if this is true (which, given CGI, probably is), that doesn't really change the fact that the puppet was bad. It would've worked fine in a distant shot, it looks awful as a closeup.

Well I certainly would. Then again, I'm one of those people that love the OT and dislike the PT, even Sith. Even if it doesn't look as good as CG, it still has more charm to it despite the robotic movement.

I never saw any fundamental difference between cgi clones and real stormtroopers. Especially with the mocap they used in ROTS.

You know there are many troopers in that scene and others that are CG too, right?

Join the new thread, and begin to see

NEW THREAD NEW THREAD NEW THREAD

Difference is actors had an easier time pretending to shoot at men in armor compared to the actors that had to pretend fight nothing.

Yes but aren't they mostly in the background and not up close?

Nope, there are close up CG troopers that get hit during many of the scenes.

You know we had a full close up shot of an all CG Kylo Ren in the film? It was when he was talking to Snoke.

The CG Kylo Ren I'm aware of but not the stormies. I'm pretty sure most of the time the ones up close were real men. But my original point was that Takodana's battle felt exciting because the actors themselves were excited. Geonosis just didn't. Even with so many lightsabers filling up the screen.

Just saying there's a lot more CG in there then you thought in close up scenes, there are CG troopers mixed with the real ones in close scenes too.

I'll respect your opinion on the reason why though.