Is this the best scene from a comic book movie, ever?

Is this the best scene from a comic book movie, ever?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=7i574Em3IrI
youtube.com/watch?v=H5pRYuI3etc
youtube.com/watch?v=KW9zrk0T7-8
youtube.com/watch?v=fGFLyA3u_rw
youtu.be/c-U-x-okaXA
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

It is for me.

Definitely up there.

Yes. It and the first half of that movie make it my favorite MCU offering, even if everything after the montage is trash.

Good movie.

Eh. I preferred when Steve Buscemi justified his collection of racist cartoons to Thora Birch.

The only really bad part of that costume is the mask.

>Ghost World
The fuck outta here.

Not even close

I'd say the only problem is how the fabric bunches up in the neck.

>comic book movie

Learn the difference between a medium and a genre, kid.

youtube.com/watch?v=7i574Em3IrI

Did you buy your war bonds, Cred Forums?

I like the Johnathan's death in Superman better.

What? It's a great comic book movie.

No the best one is in Spiderman 2 where he stole that guy pizza

But the floppy wings.

Agree

SPIDAHMAN JUST STOLE DAT GUYS PIZZA!

even superman cant stop a heart attack

i am actually a fan of painted wings

WOAH HE STOLE THAT GUYS PIZZA

For what fucking reason did he sacrifice himself?

Snyder told him to.

I'm more for how they look here.

>Live in fear and let people die, invincible son
C'mon, it's the defining moment of Superman's origin.

Wasn't this the cover that caused some controversy? What's wrong with it?

Cap has a patriotic boner.

someone needs to post the edit now

in all reality its hard to figure out why such a morally ideal character such as superman would ever defy his dad as son.

though he did do that school bus thing.

...Graft?

He thought the world wasnt ready for Clark and that Clark wasnt ready for the responsability of becoming the person he had to be.

And he was proven right. But feel free to shitpost.

The escene was shit tho.

Yes.

Bigotry and intolerance are perfectly legal though

The shells labelled "bigotry" and "intolerance," which some people (especially around here) consider accusatory descriptions of reasonable conduct

And Modern steve is by definition extremely intolerant.

Nope
youtube.com/watch?v=H5pRYuI3etc

OP was joking, no one believes any marvel scene compares to first flight.

You might try this thing called Google. I hear you can type things in it and it'll tell you all about them.

Oh. I uhhh-- well it's always good to see that scene. I'll keep it

I prefer the end credits sequence and the scene of the expo and Steve meeting the doctor, but the movie is 10/10 best cape flick ever made.
This is coming from a DC fan.

Clark was never ready. He still isn't in BvS.

He acts like an insane person.

Dr Pavel

>He acts like an insane person

Your definition of insane is weird.

Of course it was, it was basically The Rocketeer in the MCU.

>10/10 best cape flick ever made

You may be retarded. But it's probably the best or second best marvel flick

The Spider-man train scene was.

*Spider-man 2

Uh...what?

Probably the best scene in that amazingly mediocre movie.

Would've been so much better without the NO ONE MESSES WITH NUUU YOHK! nonsense

This surprisingly could have been a great adaptation. I mean it was there. They should have just focus on this montage
youtube.com/watch?v=KW9zrk0T7-8
>tfw no over the top hydra nazi technology extravaganza

Mike and Jay, what are you doing on Cred Forums?

It's well in the running, but the Mk 2 flight check scene was the only time when I had literal chills of excitement from any cape movie. It was just this huge visual culmination of so many dreams as a comic and mecha junkie, and it all happened in the first movie that spawned the expanded universe comic movie craze. It's always going to be the high water mark for me.

OH SHIT! Can we talk about non cape comics?

youtube.com/watch?v=fGFLyA3u_rw

Damn. That was understated as fuck. I need to give that movie another look.

He was talking to his dad's ghost atop a snowy mountain.Not receiving insight from past conversations. He was real world talking to a figment of his imagination and having a back and forth with it. Nigga needs help

youtu.be/c-U-x-okaXA

If anyone told me, at the beginning of the superhero movie thing, that the Captain America movies would be the best of the lot, there is no way i'd believe them.

But they are not even xmen tier yet.

But I like learning about things from you guys...

I would define it more as chronically depressed than insane. Probably cause his dad never supported him when he needed it the most

Best scene in an MCU movie? Yes. Best scene in a comic book movie? No.

But his dad always supported him. That's like the whole point.

Well, in that case, graft is a five dollar synonym for theft, with the implication that it's either a malicious act of theft, or that there was some element of trickery or fraud involved.

>that massive fucking bulge in his trousers

I'm DC fanboy at heart, I went in expecting to hate this movie back in the day, but I loved it.

TW was even better but CW was meh for the most part.

Except that no, he didn't. He was overbearing and protective of a child that couldn't be hurt by anything. There is literally no reason that he should've allowed himself to be killed by a tornado, or tell his son that he maybe should've let a busload of children drown in a car accident, so as to protect the identity of said son.

David S. Goyer and Zach Snyder would've thought of that if either of them knew anything about Superman or Pa Kent's character or viewed those characters as anything other than vehicles to drive the plot or put in place massive action scenes.

He's been brainwashed into be a Hydra Agent by Korbik acting under the commands of Zemo.

Are you implying that you wouldn't have a massive bulge in your pants if you were holding a flag while bouncing abstract concepts off of a shield?

>or tell his son that he maybe should've let a busload of children drown in a car accident, so as to protect the identity of said son.

He never says that, he says he doesnt have all the answers. The whole thing is about his struggle with parenthood and how hard is to do the right thing

>He was overbearing and protective of a child that couldn't be hurt by anything

He had no reason to think Clark could survive a tornado, he wasnt overbearing, his son was going to grow up to change the history of the planet. He was teaching and educating the soon to be most important living thing on the planet.

You can shitpost all what you want, but there's nothing wrong with Pa Kent except how dumb his death was, even when the reasons for it are fine.

Eh, it was misinterpretation of his behavior in Birthright, which was largely inspired by how he was in the first golden age story about Superman.
Martha tells him he needs to use his powers to help people, while Jonathon tells him he needs to keep his identity secret while he does it.

Pa being worried about losing his son is legit. The execution was just really off.

>dad I saved a schoolbus full of kids
>CLARK YOU HAVE TO HIDE YOUR POWERS AT ALL COSTS
>...You mean I should've let all my classmates die?
>...Maybe

So you are either dense or just dumb.

>He never says that, he says he doesnt have all the answers. The whole thing is about his struggle with parenthood and how hard is to do the right thing
And in that struggle he fails to support his son's decision to do something that was clearly the right thing. He just fills the kid's head with doubt

I really don't care about the character motivations as set down by a hack writer and a bad director. What you're basically doing is fleshing out the motivations of the aliens in Plan 9 from Outer Soace.

Right. Like, Pa's concerns were legitimate, but the way that those concerns were expressed by Goyer and Snyder came across really poorly. There's no expectation that Pa would be unaware of the extents of Clark's power.

I have never seen any group of people outside of Scientologists with Battlefield Earth try so hard to defend a mediocre movie as Man of Steel fans try to defend that one. I really, truly don't get it. Even the most ardent of Star Wars fans accepts that the Prequels are shit.

Why not both?

Does the intro from Watchmen count? Nothing will ever top that.

Snyder literally told Pa Kent to kill himself.

Really makes you think.

When a character's actions are totally inexplicable, it's said that their motivations come from the script or the director, rather than arising organically from the story, the actions that arise from the story or the characters.

the gayest scene from a comic book movie

No, that would be the upside down kiss in the rain.

Yes.

Can't even spell responsibility with spellchecker.
This is the quality of Zach Snyder's fans.

>disliking 'this is why hipsters are terrible: the story'
nigga u gay