Casual here, just woke up and heard about DC rebirth

Casual here, just woke up and heard about DC rebirth.

Give me me a reason to care about this and not be disgusted by universe changing events that are thinly disguised attempts to make characters hip for a younger generation by alienating the older ones.

Its not marvel

You're a casual, why would you care about universe changing events? Are you particularly invested in the universe?

>make heroes young and hip
Did you even look at the rebirth books?

isn't Rebirth more about peeling back some of those attempts to make things "hip for the younger generation at the expense of the older ones"?

It's the opposite of a reboot, they're bringing shit back.

By the amount of queershit and idiots on this board, I kind of belive that the less casuals here the better. This place shouldnt become worse than it already is, letting people like OP - that is just baiting by the way - to lurk here without the board self moderating, is the reason that the board is so shit.

So fuck off.

>to make characters hip for a younger generation by alienating the older ones.
That's literally the opposite of rebirth

It's literally the opposite of everything you just said.

The sales failure of DCYou proved there aren't enough progressives and special snowflakes to prop up sales of an entire cape comics line, so Rebirth is all about appealing to the old audience. The other groups get their pandering from minis and the Young Animal ghetto.

Are progressives upset about this?

There was that one article that seems bitter that DC's success is a "step backwards" but for the most part not seeing a lot of bitching about returning to roots. For the most part I don't think they really undid any Diversity shit they just brought back a lot of the old guard ontop of leaving them there.

I think it's a shame that DC isn't doing as much creative stuff like Omega Men/Prez/Dial H/Demon Knights these days, but mostly I think people either like Rebirth or don't dislike it any more than they did the New 52 or DCYou.

This, really.

>casual here
Piss off

well there's the Young Animal stuff
one of them is about a female crime fighter in gotham

Well you're wrong about literally everything you said, so there's that.

Also you're a casual, so you shouldn't give a fuck in the first place because everyone here knows you don't actually read comics, as presented by the fact that you JUST NOW heard about Rebirth.

So in that, I say get the fuck off of Cred Forums and go back to Cred Forums or wherever you originate from.

>one of them is about a female crime fighter in gotham
What a fucking breath of fresh air.

Alright just tell me this has it improved on New 52? Or is this this a step back in terms of storytelling.

It's Improved in most cases (and by "most" I mean the ones that I've read)

it's not bat-gotham
I mean
it is
but there's no batman or bat stuff (including joker or robins)
it's just a shitty city

Hard to say fully, not all of it is out yet.

A lot of it is better. Some New 52 1-6 were spectacular, but some went downhill from there.

Step back. But if you think New52 wasn't good then you're hopeless.

>he enjoys New52
>he thinks Rebirth is a step back

wew lad calm down there

>Give me me a reason to care about this and not be disgusted by universe changing events that are thinly disguised attempts to make characters hip for a younger generation by alienating the older ones.
You couldn't be further from the truth.

Fuck off cunt

OK

Marvel is bad.

That was just Rich from Bleeding Cool being a salty Marvelcuck.

Actual readers who care about progressiveness are eating Rebirth up. Shit like announcing Wonder Woman is queer, using more of Duke in Batman books, kid Wally in Flash, Supergirl and Superwoman both being good books, etc.

It's really not hard when you start telling good stories and include "progressiveness" pandering at the end. The fact that writers like Tynion and Orlando are getting so much work is enough for a lot of people.

>Give me me a reason to care about this and not be disgusted by universe changing events that are thinly disguised attempts to make characters hip for a younger generation by alienating the older ones.

But this is exactly the opposite of that.

>Superwoman
>good
It's not and Loisfans are also losing their minds over it.

Why did they took Superman's trunks?

That was done before Rebirth. They simply haven't given them back more than taken them, but all of the artists seem to be collectively silent protesting, because they either shadow his crotch or cover it in shadow, but they've seemingly actively avoided coloring it in blue.

It's a step back, desu senpai. It's just a step back with improved editorial and a metric fuckton of nostalgia pandering.

It isn't trying to make itself hip, it just trying to make an easier jumping in point.
Hell it isn't even a reboot like N52 was, it just made it easier for new readers to catch up on the happenings.

Why are the second posts always thread enders?