ITT: Disappointments

ITT: Disappointments.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/gekR_XpFMWw
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

the cluster is the perfect example of why 11 minute cartoons shouldn't have continuous plot or be anything but self contained stories.

two seasons of hype, two minutes of climax and resolution, and a shitty one at that.

though I assume they'll come back to it, seems like the cluster is just temporarily defused

>though I assume they'll come back to it
no, clearly the issue was 100% resolved and it will never be mentioned again

what crawled up your ass and died m8

At least the episode immediately before was an incredibly cool, massive kaiju battle at a scale the show had never done before.

(You)

(you)

>temporarily
>more than a season and a half later
>curent season has its own villain and drama already
It's gonna be the deus ex at the end of the whole show at best if they remember it. But that's only after yellow diamond join them and they invent Super Fusion mega evos.

So do normalfags still like Joss Whedon and think he's still a "god among nerds", or has he faded enough and self-destructed enough for most people to realize what a tremendous fucking loser he is?

this character

Too many to mention during and after KSD. Also, they should have kept the black on the flight suit instead of the blue.

She was a good character but then they wrote themselves into a corner giving her the power TO STEAL THE WHOLE PLANETS OCEAN.

Now she is crazy bland and you can tell they have no idea what to do with her now.

he burned any goodwill he had the months leading up to AoU and after. He has learn the hard cost of trying to pander to a group you do not understand.
He will be given another shot in the future at something but he will likely fade against the forgotten shores only with a handful remembering

>trying to (you) in a thread to get guaranteed replies

i know this is your first time on Cred Forums and you see people replying with that shit all the time, but sorry, it doesn't work in this instance. lurk more, (you)'ll learn.

>he will likely fade against the forgotten shores only with a handful remembering

Good. That is the only fate he deserves, his world should burn around him while he cries about how he can't understand how someone as "genius" as he is could fall so far.

He was great until you realized he only knows how to write one female character. I loved Buffy, really liked Angel, and then you realize that every single one of his projects is the exact same thing in a different setting.

Batman v Superman.
Regardless of whether or not you personally think it's good, in the age where we have had two Avengers movies come out already and Civil War that came afterwards proved you can have a bloated cast and still have a fun movie, this was definitely not how I expected Bats, Supes, and Wonder Woman's first on-screen theatrical appearance together. This movie should have blown American pop culture out of the water, not start a Rotten Tomatoes war.

you uh, don't seem to understand what that's supposed to mean do you?

people reply with (you) to point out bait and attention seeking. This is a legitimate thread

Couldn't they just do a two parter?

Steven's powers are very clearly tied to emotion, so I don't see why they can't give gems extra kick in times of extreme duress. It's the writers getting in their own way for no good reason, and again, the 11 minute format is really not helping. That moment on the boat with Jasper makes me cringe at how shittily done it was.

Joss has plenty of good things to his name, like Astonishing X-men, which this board universally holds in high regard. AoU had problems but I liked it.

they could have, but they didn't.

>She is barefoot.
I fail to see how this character is anywhere near disappointing.

It's not even a good example user
The build up and selling points of those need to be done in 2 parters something AT, RS and even AWoG did fine for years
The flaw with SU is it's storyboard written meaning they never use a hard script and it's just ideas bounced around with little thought and how it comes together

A show isn't good or bad based on it's time but on the creative team and writers. Genndy Tartakovsky made 2 seasons of 3 minute episodes that had a continuous plot that had more thrills and captivation then 2 hour films on the same subjects

>continuous plot
That's not the same thing. That show was designed as a serial while SU needs to take reruns into account. Every 2 parter and every episode with a direct continuation or cliffhanger makes it that much harder to air reruns in random order.

did you gloss over AT, RS and AWoG?
last night they just played the season finally of AWoG again. When AT was in it's prime the 3 litch stories were played back to back constantly.

You say this like they run shows once per half hour when the reality is they are always playing shows in half hour blocks, every Thursday when new episodes hit they play another rerun of the same show right after it

again the formula is fine, the writers are just awful.

am i the only one who thought the fight between malachite and alexandrite was fucking bad? There were some good parts but ugh.

>was fucking bad
>There were some good parts
Make up your mind, faggot.

Jessica Jones.
Everything about it sounded exciting and it turned out to be so shit.

user CN reruns usually are hour straight or more of one series. Sometimes they just a run a whole season of the show in order. For the build up of Regular Show in space they did hour blocks of the last season in order the week before and dump that season again that weekend

You make it sound like CN has no room for marathons or reruns in it's week.

I never liked him. His every single work makes me want to puke.
Buffy is the most overrated piece of shit ever.

>you should spend some time apart

yeah not an allegory for lesbian DV at all

like the beginning was good and then. Meh.

It went full Return of the Jedi bad and the day was saved by soft watermelon people. malachite could have just rush a wave over here and the town and the fight would be over.

I loved Gem Drill, especially when Peridot talked about Homeworld, and how much she cared about Steven. Really drove home her character development. The Cluster itself was resolved in a really anime way, which is pretty much what Sucrose goes for.

Not really, the watermelon people made a distraction, giving Alexandrite the chance to gain the upper hand and win. In RotJ, the Ewoks literally destroyed troops, speeders, and AT-STs using jungle traps..

The first Avengers was really fun and Cabin in the Woods is fantastic. He really works better when he's doing his own thing.

>Cabin in the Woods
I liked it better when it was called the SCP Series.

I wish that I could turn back time.

>Cabin in the Woods is fantastic
Jesus Christ.

What exactly where you expecting?
If it formed it would destroy the world.

It's going to come back, come on, big girl has to smash Yellow Dick's army.

>Cabin in the Woods is fantastic
Smugly making a horror movie about how "horror movie tropes are unrealistic!" does not mean that you are in any way superior to the movies you deride. If anything, it makes you look like a jackass.

>people shitting on Cabin in the Woods

Is that a thing now?

And it's been done before multiple times and better.
>Smugly
Now that I think of it, all of Whedon's works I've seen strike me as extremely, obnoxiously smug.

HACK
A
C
K

We expected for it to be destroyed. Why does some asshole always respond with, "BUT IT CAN'T HAVE FORMED". That's not what we wanted, we just didn't want Steven to resolve it via talking and then the shards suddenly understand him and bubble themselves.

He's stuck in the nineties. His characters, plots, dialogue, etc. were all popular in the 90s because of how new and original they were back then. Now they're tired and played out. Quippy waifs and snarky assholes deployed by a shadowy organization to save the world from a similarly wisecracking monster is nothing we haven't seen hundreds of thousands times before by now

The ending was hackeneyed.

Did you want the Earth to be destroyed? What did you want exactly?

My favorite part of that ep was Peridot showing off her skill and being a badass driller. And the music was so cool
youtu.be/gekR_XpFMWw

Steven talking to the cluster was magical but yeah the bubbling thing was way too easy and it was majorly disappointing at first

Still, it makes me think of a single optimist trying to get through to a huge group of people who are going to destroy everything with their ways, and just before they do they're able to unite with one desperate idea to save themselves. Even if took until the last possible moment, where they're motivated by certain destruction, people can fix things if they do it as a whole

Right now I can only think of this and the ending to "Gravity Falls".

Yeah, Homestuck was really
>It's from SU it's not a dreambubble
Oh well nevermind then that's dumb, I can't imagine a better way they could have calmed the cluster down in a way that didn't contradict the rest of the show and also didn't blow up the earth.

Everything post act 4.

That episode wasn't disappointing simply because it confirmed Peridot gets extremely touchy feelsy in dire situations.

saying SU has little thought on how things come together is wrong

look at things like Garnet being revealed as a fusion, it was hinted towards for the entire first season

he sure was

Every DC film since and including TDKR.

Also

Fuck off, Wamuu was great.

Caesar

Agreed.

This bitch right here. After The Return, Yellow Diamond was hyped up as the most evil character on the show and when do finally see her, what do we get? Pic related. I don't know how the crew expects us to take her seriously now

Season 2, when this guy entered the fore.

Especially Get Schwifty and Interdimensional Cable 2.

>We expected for it to be destroyed.

If you didn't want a "feels" resolution you probably shouldn't be watching a literal tumblr show

>Catalog
Even worse when you realize the final battle is going to be resolved through the power of friendship and understanding

That's a worse ending because it's too simple with no thought put into it.

>We expected for it to be destroyed
>We
Expecting them to kill millions of semi-alive people that's meant to kill planets in Steven Universe of all things is pretty dumb desu.

But fucking Jasper, Bismuth, and Ruby all got "bad endings". Why didn't the Cluster get one first?

What happened that lead to his downfall.

No it wasnt. I agree with in that the fight was total shit.

(New)

She sticks out in the cast because of just how worse she is compared to everyone else

>they built up that the drill was the only option
>none of the gems disagreed
>all proto clusters were monsters that can't be reasoned with
>it's generally agreed that destroying them to put them out of their misery and save the earth is a good idea
>even on the way down when they run into one, they have a passing line how they can't save them all
>saves them all

Oh, Cable 2 is a disgrace

>they built up that the drill was the only option
To get to the cluster, because it's underground.

And to use it as a weapon. Didn't the gems even say it would be too big to bubble?

It's called "misdirection." It's a basic storytelling technique.

more specifically, Weirdmageddon

This series feels like every time they build up to something big, they move on to something else. It's like the show has the worst case of ADD.

I find these kinds of threads funny. Usually, the OP pretends to suggest some sort of general theme that's SUPPOSED to be applied to other shows, but then they start off with a SU image, which really just means "thinly veiled /sug/". Pretty sure you faggots do this on purpose

More like a deus ex machina solution to forcibly follow a theme that they later break regardless with Steven being unable to save individual gems.

>Merely the presence of SU means /sug/
>OP pretends

Who the fuck are you trying to blame here because the fans can't help but hijack threads to turn them into /sug/? There are more people defending why it wasn't a disappointment than actually contributing other shit. Blame the fucking die-hard fans who can't handle someone saying their show might not be best cartoon 2016.

You're not wrong, a lot of the accountability is on the fanbase, but anyone who's lurked this board for even a week would know that SU fans can't help themselves but shit up every thread whenever they get the smallest chance. If OP wanted some kind of actual discussion, then he wouldn't have started off with that image.

it's not their fault that no one is talking about anything else

and that's not even the case either if you actually look at the fucking thread.

Please name something popular phrased as "disappointing" that wouldn't have started some type of fan-hater war. Unless people aren't allowed to talk about popular things anymore cause it might trigger people too much.

that's just how Cred Forums works, anytime something gets popular enough that it tends to be brought up in many threads people get all sour grapes on it.

It's understandable wanting the current popular thing to not be all over the place, but at least recognizing WHY you don't like it is important.

basically Cred Forums is a bunch of closet hipsters that call everything popular bad

That's the problem with threads like these, they're so nebulous that people generally latch on to whatever the first image is. I just find it amusing that this kind of quality is a trend of SU in particular. Every now and then you'll get a handful of "ITT worst girls of their series" starting off with a picture of Pearl, or "ITT people who did nothing wrong" with a picture of Lapis, to name a few examples

>hey this thing is our best shot at defeating the doomdsday device

>it's not enough to defeat it

That's not deus ex, I think you're confused.

The episode with him on it in was god-tier, though.

>86639133
I thought it was fun anons. Contrary to popular belief, opinions are subjective. Before one of you go on some giant diatribe about how terrible my taste is I just want to remind you that all of this entertainment is just a meaningless distraction.

>being so assblasted that you have to answer the same posts twice with the same newfag mental gymnastic
have another (you) kid, on the house.

>getting mad about posts that have been irrelevant since the beginning of the thread

yeah, I'm furious, you got me.

I honestly thought that the (you) thing was implying that OP was a disappointment, not anything to do with bait.

Because think about it
the start of the season builds up steven as thinking he can resolve things peacefully. He wins over Peridot, and Lapis, he even makes peace with the cluster and peacefully leads away the rubies. He thinks he can resolve things diplomatically.

The rest of the season is him more or less getting that worldview proven completely wrong.

lel, I never thought of that

I think the issue was more it was stretched out over a year. if it aired in a timely manner we wouldn't have months of hype building it up to be bigger than intended