youtube.com/watch?v=haInQ2gNQKU
youtube.com/watch?v=MxMnefyKYGg
youtube.com/watch?v=EUEO7ARAVHc
youtu.be/-JO2xLmKpQM
youtube.com/watch?v=yELOiYgR2aI
youtube.com/watch?v=dZ2q9NmYf6g
garfield.com/comic/2010/01/08
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

So can they understand the cat or what? He talks with thought bubbles but that comic implies Jon can hear him

There is no cat.

It seems to vary depending on the joke.

It's like Stewie from Family Guy, but before that was a thing.

Actually, there's no Jon. Or Odie, or Liz or Nermal or anyone

Just Garfield. Alone.

Some of them are funny. It's hit or miss. Usually miss unfortunately. I am generous though; I will laugh at some that don't deserve it.

The best one

much improved

Did he take lessons from Wonder Woman or Snyder Superman?

Wow. The first funny Garfield comic is the one that finally confirms Jon can hear him. This is actually a big deal, why aren't more people talking about this?

Actually, here's what I think it's meant to represent. Garfield can't actually talk, so the thought bubbles are Jon making up his dialogue. People go too far with the "Garfield doesn't exist" thing when the more logical explanation is it's just a lonely man who pretends his cat can talk.

Or Garfield has telepathy.

Okay, that's pretty good

What's the deal with garfield zalgo ?

Some retarded /x/ meme.

everyone knows Garfield is a super psionic

I didn't understand. Is this some sort of american thing?

Have you ever wondered what if you're insane and you're living in a complete fantasy delusion your mine made up?

Please come back to reality. We love you

It's an edit but it's glorious

>There is no cat.

This showed up as an easter egg in one of the live action movies.

Last year I printed out a couple dozen of these and left them around campus.
>Cue Joker meme

MOM'S

But in actuality I do think Joker should be like Prankster and do less lethal jokes.

The whole Pepe white supremacy thing made me question the reality of my conscience desu.

choose one

1988 obvs

96'
This image made me wonder, is Garfield some sort of proto-pepe? I mean he's somewhat depressive, but also very smug and careless.

I always thought his visual actions were what John refers to, and whenever he mentions hearing Garfield it's a meow or something.

meant for

But this proves to be invalid that he only exists in Jon's head since the 2nd panel shows Liz also reacting to Garfield's presence.

i laughed because I thought the girl was saying the 2nd panel and garfield was just doing a pose in front of them for no fucking reason

No it's a strip editing thing.

Was 1992 not a good year or something?

Agree with this guy. What happened in '92 though?

Garfield talking confuses me to this age because the old show had this one episode, where Garfield wins a lotto and becomes rich, BUT when they show him on TV, Jon claimed he bought the winning ticket, then Garfield corrects him because it is him who actually bought it. The guy doing the interview hears him and Garfield loses his wealth because the lotto had rules about the winner which disqualified Garfield. I don't remember if that was Garfield not being old enough or if it was void because he is a pet and they have different rights / rules in place with animals. Anyway, if Garfield can't be heard, how did the reporter find out he bought the ticket instead of Jon?

Have you been reading Scott Adams' blog posts? His commentary on the elections combined with all the weirdness around Pepe made me doubt my beliefs about reality and consciousness.

Out of those options, 1984. But I prefer his look in about 1980-1982 or so.

1984 for comics.
1996 for cartoons.

>1996 for cartoons.
>Garfield and Friends ended in 1994
Why must you despise such a GOAT show?

I never paid enough attention to notice that Garfield only thinks that and that Jon is delusion.

Jon is an animal psychic, but doesn't realize he's the only person with that power. Life had to throw him SOME kind of bone, and being Jon Arbuckle, he still manages to squander it.

This would be better with Realfield

wow, these are dick sucking lips if i've ever seen them

This is so *******esque

1984. The comic was pretty damn funny back then.

I love realfield with a passion.

>1984.

The comic has always been pretty damn funny.

So, did Idaho eventually extradite him or what?

1980s garfield is best garfield

Yes, he was executed.

Yeah. And if that were the case then man, what a boring setting I created.

Realfield's subtle eye movements always kill me.

Garfield communicates telepathically.

Same reason why I'd never believe I'm part of some kind of Truman Show thing. Because it would have gotten cancelled about seven years ago.

Everyone can hear him.

Look at Garfield's Christmas, or Garfield's Halloween. Ordinary people treat him like a small child, ignoring half of what he says. You don't respond to everything a kid says after all.

No, dieting is one of the least american things I can think of.

The joke here is that garfield can't speak, but Jon can tell what he's thinking by reading his deadpan expression.

You have got to be kidding me!

I barely understood how Superman beat him.

zozzle

>Man of Arbuckle

'88 'field best 'field

I think burning peoples shorts is a criminal offense.

Also unlawful assault.

Garfield used to be actually funny up until the mid-90s or so.

Posting some of my favorite Garfield comics that actually got a chuckle/laugh out of me

The comic really is generally unfunny like everyone believes, but it does have its moments

This. This is literally me.

#cripplinganxiety #mornings #stalememe

I like the '96 design the most, but the comics were the best in the 80s.

before it was cancelled they were already doing "so can they understand the baby or what" bits.

So Jon is actually getting pussy now?

Jim Davis has stated many times in the past (and in a few books) that Jon can't understand Garfield. What we, his readers, see are Garfield's thoughts about whatever is currently in discussion.

The only way Jon understands him is through his physical actions, and I guess after seeing each other everyday for almost 40 years, you start picking up on body language.

I like to assume that the comic strip canon and animated adaption canons are two different ones, allowing the animated canons to do a bit more than what the comic strip canon allows

such as allowing Odie to barely say words within his barks

Uhhhh...

Near as I can tell, they can't "understand" him, but he makes his meaning clear through pantomime and facial expressions.

That is to say Jon gets the general idea, if not the specifics.

He's got some balls to pick on Flex Mentallo like that.

Maybe I can dream up a girlfriend then...

>finally confirms
There have been tons of comics where he appears to hear him, as well as tons where he can't.

Davis' official stance is basically "it's a fucking cartoon you ninny"

Is Jim Davis the only one who writes them?

I'm glad you enjoyed my storytime

I swear mid-80s to mid-90s Garfield had the hottest women whenever they made an appearance

no fucking way, youtube video? thats great

Not anymore
He has his PAWS, Inc. cartoonist to do the strip now. Since the late 90s.

They say ghost writers are on it now.

I just love the look on his face in the last panel as Garfield hits him with the food

A perfect "I knew it was coming and I totally deserve it....but fuck it, that shit was funny" expression

That's actually pretty great.

This may be the first time I've ever seen a black woman (or person in general) in Garfield

Lol at the insecure hairlet overcompensating by taking steroids. Typical hairlet.

Laughed my ass off to this one as a kid

Oh yeah bud it was great. Got any more funny ones?

LOL

Jim Davis can draw some sexy bitches if he wants to.

Why are these so much funnier? Maybe he did just get fatigued.

As a general note, I think the best Garfield comics are where Garfield serves as the deadpan punchline, with Jon serving as the setup. There are some pretty good Garfields out there, it's just a shame it's gotten rarer and rarer to see one.

"digging in the sand"? Is that what he calls it when Garfield fucks Odie?

>it's fucking real

>when Jon drank dog semen

>Garfield fucks Odie
You've got that the wrong way around

Are you colorblind?

>tfw you memed so hard you made some poor schmuck on Cred Forums question his consciousness

put the thought bubble back in

>What would you like for tea, Garfield?

Since when do they drink tea, and also what the fuck is he planning to call? And what was he going to order? Fuck, the more I think about this the more I'm confused.

Strip editing is hard.

Unfortunately, there are several strips where Garfield thinks something that Jon is oblivious to.

posten da whole ting

always liked this one........

what a shitty fucking message

84 or 88.
Not sure.

I think he's just responding to Garfield's body language.

Fantastic

I agree with what these two anons said
the thought bubble is just a translation of his body language.

WTF, I hate America now.

Garfield is a fucking idiot.

Liz is such a bitch.

Garfield is pretty much the most frustrating comic strip ever, because Jim Davis has proven he's fully capable of writing genuinely good jokes. When they're used effectively, Jon and Garfield (but especially Jon) are fantastic characters.

Sadly, about 95% of his entire output is the most banal "Garfield likes food" bullshit.

I read the entire strip from 1978 up until about 2002 a while ago. Somewhere around 1990 is probably when he seemed to be putting the most effort into the strip.

I did that once.

I remember that the strip that aired on my birthday was really fucking dull

This
When I was younger we read old Garfield strips all the time from the library. I never remembered the ones I looked at in the funnies, though...

He stopped and it's nothing but ghost writers and artists now.

I think she's just tanned, dude

Honestly, 2000's. It's more memorable in my eyes.

damn, liposuction worked wonders on her

This was originally an edit posted to Fark around 2002-3.

It was the last funny thing ever posted to Fark.

> They reused it
oh
my
fucking
god

88 jokes
92 design

I'm a mushroom cloud laying motherfucker, motherfucker

> they didn't even blur out "mother fucker"

Seriously though, how DO you get out of this situation?

>"Well, I guess, but if Liz comes back, can you put her on?"

Concede defeat

"Oh? Is Liz not in right now? could you take a message for me? (insert sappy lovey dovey line here)"

"Oh what, do you not recognise my voice? Am I that forgettable?"

The last panel sealed it for me

LOL'd

I still don't understand why it hasn't been edited out.

MODS

tea is another way for saying dinner in the UK

84 through 92 I'd say

For what purpose
I'm laughing
But
...why

it actually got a fair bit better after Jon and Liz hooked up

I'd agree to that. It had a good bump when that happened, but slowly trickled down again.

What voices should their voice bubbles be read in
I still read them in a weird mix of Lasagnacat and the CGI cartoon VAs

which explains why around the mid to late 90's the quality became so inconsistent, even if it's picked up in average quality since Jon and Liz started dating

still better overall, like there's still bad strips, but it's still better than it was at the nadir

for all the flaws about them otherwise, I'll admit that the VA's for the CG series and the DVD movies are actually a pretty good choice for most of the characters actually from the comics, although Lasagnacat is how I read Garfield himself sometimes

we need more fanart of Liz, Arlene, and other Garfield girls, cause man can the PAWS Inc art team draw some cute girls(I think it's the big expressive eyes, and the big plump lips that make it work so oddly well)

also did anyone else read the Pet Force books as a kid?

Not at all.

I only had book 4 but I remember reading and re-reading it quite often

I tried long ago but I can't quite make it work.

This is why I love texting it gives you a moment to think. Real life example
>texting girl I know that I'm going out that night
>oh? Got a hot date you're going out with user?
>Not unless you feel like going out tonight
>Well now I've got to go out user ;)
Texting man, it's easy as fuck to be charming when texting.

>pet force
Fuck yeah I read the shit out of those. I loved Garfield as a kid. I still appreciate Garfield, I know it's fun to shit on the strips but they've been coming out for decades now everyday. I'm surprised they're still managing to do an actual good joke every once in a while.

Oddly enough none of Yoto's Liz pics are on the booru, it's kinda weird

LOL

More like the ghostwriters/artists did. But yeah, you can tell a huge difference in quality between Davis himself and later times.

But like other user said, it's a lot better now since Liz is a regular.

No way, I never saw that one!

I don't get it

Agreed. Liz serves as a pretty good outsider to the usual Jon-level goofiness and Garfield's usual behaviour. She serves as a nice straight man, reacting sensibly. It's quite good, and I enjoy the Liz strips a lot.

Lyrics to a song from Equestria Girls: Rainbow Rocks

A-anymore of this?

This one is both funny and kind of scary imo.

It's just funnier.

alright ya got me. that was good.

88, if only because I liked it back when Davis didn't know how to draw legs, so Garfield standing on his own looked weird.

It was also the era of Garfield I was first introduced to.

I just feel happy that for once, something good happened to Jon. His life had been so miserable and cringe-worthy that it was getting kind of depressing. Often I feel like it's more entertaining to watch works of fiction depicting unresolved romantic tension than an actual relationship, but in this case, I'm happy they got together. Liz appears less bitchy now, Jon's not as pathetic anymore, and the situation lets them write some cute/funny moments that you couldn't do back when Jon was a bachelor.

Losing
Out
Life?

That's actually something I like about Garfield when I read through it. Jon isn't always the loser. He has his victories, his good moments, his happy endings... the comic actually make him more of a person, rather than a thing for people to laugh at while he gets shit shovelled onto him.

I always thought this one was crazy, since I did remember the bertha comics.

I wonder how HAES would react to those strips now.

>40 years

wait a minute.... that's not a redesign.... Jon just keep replacing him after he dies

The original Garfield isn't dead, he somehow met the modern Garfield in 2003.

>this dog is bad news

Was it honestly necessary to reply to ALL of those posts at once?

>also did anyone else read the Pet Force books as a kid?
Hell yeah. When I was a kid, I had (and still have) all four of them. Then a couple years I found out that the fifth one had actually been published, and bought it.

I can't believe the 2014 Pet Force special from the comic never got scanned. It's like COIE condensed into a single issue, and has more injokes than most people would probably think Pet Force even has.

Y'know, you're right, user, but unfortunately I have to adhere to the old Cred Forums principal of calling you a cuck.

So, here goes nothing...
KEK

They would hate them. Which is a shame, because Bertha was best.

Helping Twilight Win the Crown was a better song

Ok. I laughed.
A lot.

I like how Garfield's ears go back like a real annoyed cat.

>No one has edited the kiss to be on the waist lane.

I'm ashamed Cred Forums

They've been dating in the comics since 2006.

I would have to assume that yes; she eventually gave up the goods

Then again....THIS happened in 2010

and it seems like that's the first time Jon is seeing her body

I wish they had kept this EXACT look for Liz today. She looked PERFECT here.....her hairstyle in particular.

Her lips are too big now, and her newest hairstyle doesn't look as good.

Too much work for too lame of a joke.

Dating Jon is likely a very non-sexual thing. Now that they're together, I'm sure he'll get laid...eventually.

Maybe Jon is willfully oblivious, to dull the pain that is life.

I just got turned down for the job I've always wanted after spending half a year and the last nine weeks intensively preparing for it after going through a four day interview.

If this is my fantasy delusion, I must really be really self-loathing.

Fuck me, this one's good.

>There is no cat
I believe it was 2 years ago. Two years ago I moved out of my parents house. Afterwards things there went to shit. Fast. The power was cut because my dad was unable to and refuse to pay the power bill. The gas was cut. The place had zero electricity and zero gas heating. There was my dad, my brother, and his girlfriend who he later ended up breaking up with a few years later because it turns out she was a bit of a whore. But that's not the point. The point was along with them was two cats. Stormy, and Spaghetti. Spaghetti I had raised since he was a kitten. When he was first born, the mother, who was a very kind, gentle cat named fluffums moved all her kittens out of the hallway where she gave birth to them to somewhere more secluded, to a side storage closet in the hallway. All but one. Little spaghetti, mewing for his mom, cold and wet. He nearly froze so I scooped him up and put him with the others, and he quickly nursed with the rest. In time she later moved them into my bedroom's closet in a box full of clothes where it was soft, warm and dark. I would check on them every day. After they learned to walk, they soon learned to climb up into my bed. Before long they and their mother were sleeping with me every night at the same time, cuddled up behind my leg. Every one of those kittens was so well behaved and kind finding homes for each and every one was easy. Except spaghetti. He was shy around everyone but me. And he continued to sleep with me every night, even into adulthood and even when his mother had found a new home as well. Until eventually I had to part ways with that house. And not long after, the house was foreclosed on and even my dad moved out and that was that. He took stormy with him to his new place for a while, until eventually my dad 'lost' him and who knows where he is now or ended up. He was a considerably older cat, but spaghetti was only a couple years old.

But spaghetti I left behind. I couldn't afford the pet deposit for my new apartment at the time to take him with me. The people cleaning the place at the time said they'd take him to live on a farm someplace. Who knows if that's true. Who knows where he is now. I'm a monster. I'm so sorry Spaghetti.

It's okay, you fucking contrarians. You can admit you enjoy a fucking comic.

swing and a miss

I'm surprised that at this point of the thread no one posted the lewd one

>reading his deadpan expression
>"I heard that!"

This one never fails to get a chuckle out of me

someone has more edited comics?

One of Liz's best burns on Jon...even Garfield felt it

Garfield minus Garfield makes Liz look a little insane.

Nergel brought the original 5 Garfield characters into the future to teach the current imcarnations a lesson. They missed their oppurtunity to go back though, so the timeline reset as if they never left and five clones appeared in the future. As of now, they've all gone their seperate ways.

Was that the one that actually led to them dating?

Nah, that strip's from 1991. The arc that led to them hooking up was in 2006.

If you mean their very first date, no......they technically dated before that, although Liz still hadn't warmed up to Jon yet

The 2006 arc is where they officially became a couple.....it started with this:

I'll post the rest for those who haven't seen it before....

Oh right, now I remember. They both had crappy dates and ditched them

That was a good storyline.

I'M A HAUNTED HAMBURGER

Holy shit thats savage

>MASS ERECT

>Jon Arbuckle has a gf

>I don't

*start jacking into the receiver*

Is odie a boy or a girl

Odie is male

Should have started with the first one

No because my brain wouldn't create a reality this stupid and couldn't create some of the shit I've known or read

1st one was already posted above, m8

See the post number below?

I'm man enough to admit when I'm wrong

Damn.........I finally found one of these that made me laugh

At least you got trip-dub-dubs with this post

>also did anyone else read the Pet Force books as a kid?

I had all 4 books. Sold them since, though.

If I was imagining this it'd be a scifi/fantasy setting and I wouldn't be single. Or working retail.
Just saying.

So why is he going to prison?

That one led to a date where Jon ended up getting his outfit ruined strip by strip.

There was an earlier date I remember them being on was in the 80s, and they went to a drive-in. When Liz asked him what they'll do, Jon said something incredible like how they'll visit the French Riviera, dine in an elegant restaurant, then sip coctails out of coconut shells while sitting under a palm tree or so. Then Jon brought her to a drive-in.

Jon should keep his hair like that more often.

>When Liz asked him what they'll do, Jon said something incredible like how they'll visit the French Riviera, dine in an elegant restaurant, then sip coctails out of coconut shells while sitting under a palm tree or so. Then Jon brought her to a drive-in.

Found it. Looks like I remembered it a bit wrong, but then it may have been just the local translation having it different.

youtube.com/watch?v=dXwZxzbZw4c

Bump

How bad is it that I immediately recognized the Aldinis?

Isn't that good? It's a pretty awesome manga.

Dude, Garfield is badass.

I was born

>"y-you too"

>"Oh, this must be her twin sister, trying to seduce me! Alluring as you may be, my heart belongs to Liz."

Yeah, it's cheesy as fuck but come on, I'm Jon Arbuckle in this scenario

I think I threw up a little

>best movie/episode in the series

I'd fuck waiter Jon

Hello Lee

top[ fucking kek
i'm dead

fucking destroyed, we need more savage liz moments

I'll leave this one open to interpretation....

>bitch doesn't give him any love for dating her when she was a whale

Did Jim himself say that Garfield minus Garfield comics were better than Garfield at some point?

I think I have a memory like that in my brain.

>Lefty

I think those were the reason he made Jon and Liz into a couple in the first place.

Yeah, the Liz strips are often the best.

youtube.com/watch?v=haInQ2gNQKU

>Jon Arbuckle summons his Stand.jpg

>Dishonest Acts at a Fair and Reasonable Price intensifies

Eh...it's awesome up until the end of the Stagiare imo. After that it's just pretty good, and starts to decline from there

>Liz's traumatized expression
I'm dying.

youtube.com/watch?v=MxMnefyKYGg

youtube.com/watch?v=EUEO7ARAVHc

What the fuck is wrong with you?

I think Garfield is more in pain that she attributed him to Jon.

borf

>Hell, and he impregnated me...

That was pretty good.

/r/ing sissy boy Jon lewds

Next time just go to the archive, put the number in the search, then hit "go to post number". There, I saved you having to make useless posts every time there's a get.

My favorite Couple Bonding Activity is standing motionless and staring at each other

holy shit my dick
requesting lewds of that bitch right there

Who puts a birdbath directly behind a park bench?

Story time folks!

not an exaggeration, there was a period of my childhood where the Pet Force books were the funniest thing in the world.

END

>feral behavior
>footfaggotry
This is Cred Forums's dream girl right here.

I miss when Garfield had arcs.

An actual strip on October 26th, 1981. Not an edit.
There were times when Jim Davis gave zero fucks.

Yeah Odie, suck that D hard.

And the next day's strip.

deepest lore

>that foot
Agreed.

Who takes their cat to the beach?

KEN-VINCE CUNTS-NER

UNCLE JESSE

bump

Jesus...
I'm sure he's okay. And you still have good memories to keep him in your heart.
I'm sorry about everything that happened, though.

Goddamn, that's brutal.

78 is cute.

GORFELD IS DED

>Liz in the last panel "WHY IS THIS MAKING ME MOIST??!!"

Mutual masturbation is fun sometimes. That is, until the cat ganks your nads

Why does Garfield hate Mondays so much? He is a cat and does not have a job.

He is reminded he is a neet everytime everyone else drives to work.

Oh, do they have a random comic generator for Garfield now like Cyanide and Happiness does?

Mondays are like a weekly Friday the 13th for him. Terrible things happen, like visits from Nermal and random SPLUTtings.

I really love these callbacks to older strips. Liz just slowly finding out how crazy 40 years of being alone has made Jon.

>I laughed at a Garfield comic

For starters, don't date girls that don't share your own sense of humor.

jim davis

He has really bad luck on Mondays.

In this early comic he's gloating that he doesn't have to go to work on Mondays like everyone else, but all the bad luck and terrible things happening eventually makes him dislike that weekday anyway.

MAKE WAY FOR THE BEST ORANGE CAT IN COMICS

Get the fuck out. How fucking dare you bring that in here you fucking piece of shit. Get out now. DELETE THIS

Junji Ito should develop a Garfield story.

yeah

we used to have a lot of garfield edit last year

>That depends on the size of the tip, sir

The world is designed to make Jon suffer. Liz was a glitch in the system

I think we all know what that ought to say

Wow, how very funny and creative of you, user.

Jon can hear him but nobody else can, so they all think Jon is insane

Go make a thread with that image and type "Heathcliff is careful with the gravy".

Remember when Garfield was jealous of Liz? does anybody have strips from that?

The last panel.....lol

Why is is head always so long when it's at that angle

Those were pure gold. Thanks user.

I like 92

He oddly looks a bit like a kitten there

I don't know, but it looks so stupid I love it.

Asshole John is best John
Garfield would have been actually good if someone gave enough of a shit to have the characters do more than stand around and eat

He loves his cat so much

Probably the worst thing about Liz being Jon's girlfriend is that now we won't get to see Jon interact with random one-shot hotties

>he raped me

Better?

>Liz why are you here with another man
John why are you here with your cat?

There isn't any possible way to come out winning out of this

Hooooooly shit

In the cartoon it was pretty consistent that most characters could hear Garfield. He would have conversations with The Buddy Bears, who spoke aloud instead of with thought. And he could talk to the US Acres characters too.

Square Root of Minus Garfield was a community project of just trying to iterate on Garfield in as many new ways as possible. Eventually they ran out of good ideas and the project was taken over by tropers and bronies who only know how to communicate in references.

I don't see her problem.

this place is too damn screwed up for me to have created it and it's only getting worse.
If the person that's responsible for this sees this message please for the love of god either cause the apocalypse or change to a better nightmare.

>plan BEE
Motherfucker.

, you dip

, you dip

this one legitimately made me laugh

Best athletes in the world

We don't need to diet

I love that mouse

It's that time of the year again?

Jon was with his cat and another girl. That's within limits

Actually keked at that one.

This is the one that got to me

I never though I would see a thread that would make me love Garfield again, but here we are.

Crippling depression

The sex with her must be amazing

What does Jon actually do for a living, anyways?

He's a cartoonist. I think Garfield & Friends brought it up more often than the strip itself.

Answer's right here in this strip from 2010

What comics would Jon write?

I don't think they ever went into specifics....

Although I remember a Garfield strip where Jon drew a pig that looked like Orson from the US Acres strip, and showed it to Garfield. Maybe that strip was meant to be Jon's in the Garfield universe....

Heathcliff

>Jim Davis is still making Garfield comics
>Gary Larson only made The Far Side for 15 years
They're both good comic strips, but fuck me man, I personally would have loved ten or so more years of The Far Side
Seeing as Jon is a somewhat lonely guy in a middle class neighborhood, it's probably not super popular.
>Comic with poor attempts at being funny made by a guy who makes poor attempts at being funny
sounds about right

It's like the evolution of Pepe.

Why can I remember all these

Just interrupting this thread to say that Garfield's Nine Lives is a fantastic movie that actually manages to be super creepy in parts and is proof that Jim Davis really was pretty great back when he cared about his property.

youtu.be/-JO2xLmKpQM

Fixed ;)

Garfield or Odie, Cred Forums?

Back when he used to draw all the strips by hand so that even with the myriad of strips that are all mostly similar are still unique individually drawn panels that are slightly different.

Garfield. The exact same strip actually.
The question is: What does THAT Jon write?

Holy shit, I just realized something. How do we know that the Jon Arbuckle of this plane of existance is the "real" one. What if we are just the world surrounding a shitty Garfield comic strip? How many layers down are we?

Okay, assuming we aren't infinitely lucky enough to be the "real" universe (i.e. not a Garfield strip) then what does that say about the ones from our creator's world and the ones from his creator's? Think about it: Garfield the strip is two-dimensional and simple in art, writing, and characters but that's only compared to our world and I'm sure that Jon's Jon is even more of a caricute. Even more simple and even less in-detail. That does that mean OUR strip creators are four-dimensional or something beyond our understanding? Our emotions baffingly simple compared to theirs and our world's detail similar to a low-res computer game? What about all the way up? How many layers until we reach the Alpha Jon? What does the face of Jon/God look like?

>What does the face of Jon/God look like?

>Garfield minus Garfield makes Liz look a little insane.

She is dating Jon, after all.

How did we get this far in the thread without posting the Garfield Tributes

youtube.com/watch?v=yELOiYgR2aI

>SKILLS
>NONE

I thought it was already decided that Jon's comic is Heathcliff

Well...Jon was raised by farmers...

Deepest lore?

My favorite was the one with Right Now by Van Halen

So Cred Forums is there a scan of Garfield and his 9 lives? Does the thing actually exists? I loved the cartoon movie and didn't knew there was a book too

Yeah, there's a book version. Some of the lives are different, though. One has Garfield as a Viking cat, another was adapted into the Babes & Bullets special, and another one has Garfield as an ordinary housecat who gets possessed by some horrific feral/demonic spirit and kills the sweet old lady that owns him.

I'm still correct. Jim Davis makes an even more inferior Jon Arbuckle who creates an even more inferior Garfield (i.e. Heathcliff). This only proves that we can cross through planes.

So is Jim Davis this universe's Jon Arbuckle then?

If he dies, does the world end?

Hard to try to buy one, being out of print and living on Tacoland means that my chances of getting a physical copy are nulo, I'll try to find a scan

youtube.com/watch?v=dZ2q9NmYf6g

Happy October

>Yoshikage Kira

Superman burned his pants off so everyone thought he was a perv

Man I remember when these strips ran and Cred Forums started freaking out because it was the first status quo change in damn near EVER and everyone thought the strip was ending.

They surrender

I fucking kek'd

No, we just repeat in circulation. Who's to say we aren't right now? Maybe this conversation has happened a billion times, in a billion universes, in a trillion newspapers?

JESUS

Good work user

>Witness me!

ODIE. GARFIELD ALWAYS KICKS HIM AROUND LIKE A SACK OF SHIT BUT ODIE REMAINS FRIENDLY AND OUTGOING

nice shoop

Garfrindle.

Odji seems like a good friend, but then he eventually betrays you.

Garfield does nothing but antagonize you normally, but in the end he is willing to put everything aside to save the world.

lel

totally me

I'm at a loss for words.There's no way for that to be unintentional.

I don't think that book's been scanned. I've been sporadically looking for it for a couple of years by now, but no luck.

I've been thinking of buying it and maybe scanning it myself, but Amazon pages on it have weird descriptions and user reviews. I'm not sure if they're gonna send the book I want or if I would be getting some different Garfield book.

Cute.

this one is severely underrated

I'M SENDING YOU INTO ORBIT YA STUPID MUTT

Repostan.

this some Evangelion shit. Get Roger the Negotiator on the line, this is the ending of Big O all over again.

It was a Halloween joke, you fucking sperg.

MacFlarlene said the in universe explanation for the joke was that everyone understands Stewy but ignores him since he's a baby. I doubt that applies to Garfield.

Just came out yesterday....
Love the ending

That's just real life becoming a parody of itself

It looks like these were drawn by his assistant

GAAaAAaaAAaaaaRRFIELD

Is this one of them silver aged comics?

gamesfield is better

What the fuck? Is this real?

That's sort of how a cat looks at that angle. I presume he was just too lazy to stop drawing it that way.

garfield.com/comic/2010/01/08

It's real

Lost my shit. Thanks, user.