Are for Marvel domination Cred Forums ?

Are for Marvel domination Cred Forums ?
archive.is/Aay8J

>So Marvel may have had enough of playing second fiddle to DC Comics over the last few months. Come December, it’s time to claw back that marketshare in whatever way they can.
>And you know what? They are really good at it. They have a number of methods – and in December they are all are coming out play.
Watch in awe as Gabriel descends from above…

>Marvel Comics ask retailers to order IVX #1 at 300% of their numbers of Extraordinary X-Men #11, to get the party promotional package. Then, on top, retailers can order the Chip Zdarsky Deadpool Party variant version, the Christopher Action Figure variant, the Blank variant, the Hip Hop variant, the Black Panther (below) variant, two copies of the Premium variant cover. 100 IVX postcards, 20 lithographs and 25 Marvel 2017 calendars. Then there’s a 1:50 Kenneth Rocafort (above) cover variant and a bunch of others, un-tiered.

Other urls found in this thread:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_comics_publishing_companies
twitter.com/AnonBabble

>Are for Marvel domination Cred Forums ?
u wot m8

And all these variants are a fucking scam and blackmail, I hope they crush and burn worse than they did in the 90s

Oh look the frogs from priest BP, i think.

>And for retailers who go for 350% of those Extraordinary X-Men numbers, there are massive discounts – with smaller discounts for those who order just 300% or 250%.

>But this is just the start. There are also big discounts for retailers who order,
Avengers #1 – linked to 200% or 150% of orders for All-New All-Different Avengers #10.

>There are also retailer exclusive variants where retailers order 3000-5000 copies
Foolkiller #1 – linked to 125% or 100% of orders for Deadpool #14.

>Occupy Avengers #1 – linked to 150% or 125% of orders for Moon Knight #2.

>The Unworthy Thor #1 – linked to 175% or 125% of orders for Mighty Thor #8. This also has a retailer exclusive variant.

>Amazing Spider-Man: Renew Your Vows #1 – linked to 150% or 125% of orders for Amazing Spider-Man #14. Oh, also it’s $4.99 now. This also has a retailer exclusive variant.

>Avengers #1.1 – linked to 200% or 175% of orders for All-New All-Different Avengers #10.
Black Panther: World Of Wakanda #1 – linked to 150% or 125% of orders for Black Panther #3. This also has a retailer exclusive variant.

>Invincible Iron Man #1 – linked to 250% or 200% of orders for Invincible Iron Man #10.

>Venom #1 – linked to 150% or 125% of orders for Moon Knight #3. This also has a retailer exclusive variant. And a 1:1000 variant.

>Ghost Rider #1 – linked to 150% or 125% of orders for Punisher #2. This also has a retailer exclusive variant.

>USAvengers #1 had 53 state variant covers and a secret artist variant for stores who order one of each state.

>Oh and Thanos #1 also has a retailer exclusive variant.

fucking christ.

All this is just a bunch of gimmicks. It artificially inflates their sales numbers. No wonder they put out so many #1s when they pull shit like this.

if Marvel keeps this shit up they're going to crash and burn.

>and in December they are all are coming out play.

You know what I'm not seeing in any of these marketing tactics? Writing better stories.

Marvel, if you are reading this, if you have any of your corporate shills trolling message boards wondering why the fuck you are doing so poorly lately compared to DC, let me help you figure it out. DC's Rebirth is a good story. It is the promise of better stories to come. It is like an old friend coming back and putting his arm around your shoulder and saying, "Hey, remember when Superman use to inspire hope with his words and deeds? Remember when Batman had a close family of partners he could turn to for help? Remember the great Flash legacy? Remember the wide variety of cosmic adventures the Green Lantern Corps. had? Remember the absolute weirdness of the Doom Patrol? Well, that's all back. No more edgy bullcrap or face peeling or grim dark bullcrap what the fuck ever. Just good ol' DC as you remembered it. We'll be trying some things, sometimes they'll work, sometimes they won't, but it will all feel like the characters you knew, that you have always known, and it will feel like the DC world as it should be. Our emphasis will be on story and character first, gimmicks second. I hope you enjoy."

That is why DC is winning right now. Marvel keeps doing shitty event after shitty event. All their heroes are assholes. None of their plots make sense. Whatever good heroes there are get fucked by these nonsense plots and terrible crossovers. And instead of realizing that maybe their writing sucks, they just replace another long standing hero with a special snowflake new character in the hopes that it will garner enough attention to pull in some sales. After that, who the fuck cares, what the fuck is story, look at the new black transgender Iron Fist, 50 different variant covers available for it, follow the shiny jingling keys!

But of course Marvel won't care. Who the fuck cares about comics anymore? When's that Squirrel Girl movie coming out? Fuck me.

>writing better stories
Marvel already has good books.
Look at Deadpool, all the avengers that arent ANAD, Thor, Spider-men and silk, Old man logan, Moon knight, Carnage, Captain Marvel, Uncanny inhumans and x-men.

Saying that marvel isnt writting good stories is just a meme.

>mote variant shittery

lol

I guess writing books people want to read is too hard so they've decided to try raping retailers instead

>marvel already has good books

lol.....

For free or for a fee?

>Whor
>Slott Spider-Man
>Bendis Spider-Man
>Marvel Lemire
>Captain Marvel
>Shithumans
>Current X-Men
>good
I've never seen shit taste this big.

Jesus I didnt think anyones taste could be this bad

>Marvel domination

Marvel intern. Maybe you should tell your company that no one is going to buy your shit.

meme all you want but you know is true.

>evanposting
Argument DOA.

Let them have their delusions of grandeur. It simply means it'll be all the more painful when it comes crashing down.

>hating evansposting

>Inhumans
>IMHUMANS
>IN FUCKING HUMANS

fake and gay

Marvel's trying to crash the comic industry again. Retailers need to just stop buying these stupid incentives.

>Rich Johnston continues to shill for Marvel

He needs to think about getting a real job.

All new inhumans was good.

Cred Forums poster, pls.

Only Evans laughs at actual shitshows.

If anything, Marvel Comics is currently THE shitshow, buddy.

And that comes from someone who loves Marvel, m8.

Trips of truth.

BRACE FOR IMPACT

I found the Marvel shill.

>Hey, remember when Superman use to inspire hope with his words and deeds?
Oh look. This meme again.

Anyone who implies New52 Superman was not inspirational, hasn't read his comics. Pic related. For context, Superman was depowered and completely vulnerable to bullets.

>Marvel's trying to crash the comic industry again
>DC and indies survive, Marvel ends up as a storyboard department at Marvel Studios

To be fair, Marvel often has good writers writing good stories. The problem is they tend to be ruined by constant interruptions by tie-ins to whatever this weeks event is.

It's easy. Stop printing garbage, and fire the people you have working for you so you don't keep printing more.

The dwindling userbase stopped reading Marvel because the events are schlock and contrived, the new characters are Milhousian, the books are full of crossovers, and the writers insultingly ideological.

Marvel, sorry but i' m not going to buy any of the overprived crap stories from you again. Christ 4.99 for a huge pile of shit (hero vs hero events, diversity crap, talentless hack writers, awful storylines) .This is insane and offending for every comic book reader.

> DC continues to pull ahead in the readership

> Have we replaced another long-standing character with another Lesbian half-African Muslim feminist yet?

It would have been more inspirational if he had the police put a bullet in the guys head for once as a sign Superman aint going to take shit from anyone. Superman pulling shit like this is why everyone thinks he is a weak wristed loser with no backbone that gets shit on constantly by Luthor .

I only really like Ewing and sometimes Lemire at Marvel. And I honestly think I may just drop my books from them anyway because of books always getting pulled into events. That and they're giving me a clean break with all my subscriptions ending.

The frogs show up in Priests BP but they are from Kirby's.

Try again.

This. Especially considering that DC offers books at almost half this price.

I need this s a poster thats fucking litt

>Write better stories

DC exclusive now.

Currently moon knight is best marvel book by far. I hope they dont ever get all PC on it and make him and actual egyptian or something stupid.

Man, it's gotta be a bitch to get into comics.

Marvel seems to release a million issue #1 each month.

Maybe they could try for issue #2 at some point.

>Amazing Spider-Man: Renew Your Vows #1

Is that the name of the comic or is Marvel demanding comic book stores swear loyalty oaths to them now?

It also doesn't solve the problem of getting customers interested in Marvel products, just getting store to order stuff in bulk.

Can those stores move their product? Welp, that's their problem, ain't it?

Ewing's a brilliant example of a good author being dragged down by shitty events.

>Marvel Lemire

I've been thinking about this a lot lately and I'd like someone to fire a hypothesis at me.

Why has he been SO SHIT for Marvel? EVERYTHING he wrote for DC and Vertigo ranged from enjoyable to fantastic. Every last thing. Now that he's moved to Marvel, he's crashing and burning there. But only there. Descender is good. Black Hammer is good. Bloodshot Reborn is good. What the fuck is going on?

not the point but thanks for playing

His current moon knight run is amazing

>yfw he becomes a DC exclusive

>Why has he been SO SHIT for Marvel?
It's not just him. Every DC to Marvel artist/writer has downgraded in quality significantly.

I blame editorial. It's the only logical conclusion.

Marvel has horrible editors

How about they start making good comics instead of pushing a dozen overpriced gimmicky variants onto retailers?

You are straight up wrong.

It is passable though.

Then maybe use actual words to express yourself instead of a cover and greentext. Or just say you trolled me.

>86636788
God reading shit like this never fails to make me disgusted.

if Marvel thinks that it's just the retailer's problem, that's incredibly short-sighted and stupid.

This. I'm not even a Marvel hater, but their editors are known to be bad.

logically it must be editorial, or some other kind of leadership problem.

Better than Ellis.

I guess maybe I notice it more because he's been one of my favourite writers since he broke into the industry. I loved his Animal Man and Green Arrow. The Nobody, Sweet Tooth, and Trillium are all amazing. His indie stuff has also been super consistent. I just don't understand.

However, I'm guessing he might be spreading himself a little too thin. He has what? Six monthlies? Seven? Not to mention Essex County is being developed for TV and he has a couple OGNs this year.

You gotta be fucking retarded to not understand what he meant by that. Vision is the best comics in years and it sells like shit.

>Better than Ellis
ROFL

> their editors are known to be bad.
why can't they hire good editors?

What don't you like about it? I'm loving the entire premise of Konshu mind fucking Spector plus the artwork has been pretty great.

Brilliant my ass.

Because theyd then have to fire the bad ones. But the bad ones are friends with the people in charge.

Wrong again.

Ellisfags are cancer.

That's a gorgeous cover. Almost enough to make me forget what a shitpile of an event that this is going to be.*

*No, it isn't.

>It wasn't samefag
Fuck ellis but I will stand by lemire moon knight.

>Marvel trying to claw back market share
>By forcing retailers to buy ridiculous amounts of merchandise to get variants.
LMAO

Thanks for using your words :^)
In Marvel's defense they even tried to give that book away and no one jumped on it. Could be that people knew from semi-early on that it would end sooner rather than later. Is the trade doing any better than the floppies?

>Ellisfags are men of impeccable taste and intellect
fixed that for you

And do they have two penises like Ellis himself?

....there it is. That's the problem.

Marvel's entire editorial staff has to go, and their non-editorial leadership needs a revamp too.

I can't speak for others, but I have only one, gigantic penis, instead of two.

And he comes back.

As far as the artwork, no complaints. Aside from the fact that I'd love Francavilla to draw an entire issue. That being said, The tone shifts with the art has been pretty amazing.

I don't know, I just don't find the premise that new. Is he or isn't he crazy is essentially the point of the character. I don't need it put on blast the way he has been doing. That being said, the new arc sounds a bit more promising.

Pics or gtfo

Marvel themselves have killed the hype for the X-Men and the Inhumans never had any, and now they're expecting non-X-fags to pick up this crap?

If retailers are smart they won't fall for this, because they'll know that their customers aren't interested in this event.

>literally asking for dick pics
Cred Forums really does make everyone gay.

>Cred Forums really does make everyone gay.
Well, duh. How new are you?

That's not how it works. If Marvel crashes, it takes the entire industry with it. That's the problem with Diamond having a monopoly. You remove half of their product and everything else goes free fall. Shops losing half of their comics that bring in a bulk of comics sales would result in many shops closing down or purely becoming hobby shops with no comics.

I wish more of you people understood this. Healthy competition drives the market now. Marvel doesn't give a fuck though.

I'll believe it when I see it.

Sometimes it's important to throw that warning out there so newfags know what they've letting themselves in for.

Honestly I don't think retailers are gonna but it

>Tells people to meme all they want to save face.
>Resorts to using an Evans meme for a retort.

Nope, ellisfags are total plebs. Fedora wearing neckbeards.

Most of this nonsense seems like it's meant to offend retailers.

>posts calls people out for not reading comics
>makes a post that screams I DON'T READ COMICS

Are you trying to say cape character beats up some mooks is new and interesting?

>Vision is the best comics in years
>Still not even the best King's put out.

It's a One More Day never happened book that ignores Slott's mediocre take on the concept.

I don't wear fedoras and I shave. Got any other insults, bitch?

>vision is the best comic in years
Maybe at Marvel, but it's not even better than X Men Legacy

>Move from DC to Marvel.
>Work gets worse.

>Move from Marvel to DC.
>Work gets better.

EVERY. SINGLE. TIME.

>I don't wear fedoras and I shave
Why? Don't you want to be like your idol, Ellis?

I interned at Marvel, they don't have interns doing this.
And some of these books are good
Deadpool, Duggan Avengers, Ultimates.
Moon Knight is pretty good.

Look back at the 90s retard. That's literally what happened in the first crash

Those were some very valid points. I'm taking the entire slipping into different realities thing as Khonshus doing and not his own psychosis. I'm earger to see what his end game is. It is probably all part of Kohnsus plan to take Spectors body.

Wrong post tagged ...

Correct tag

Let's put this theory to the ultimate test.

Nice try, marvelfriend. We'll have to respectfully decline, you may keep Mr. Bendis.

This has nothing to do with console wars, I am genuinely interested in what would happen.

And did all the publishers die? No they didn't. Retard.

Blacklisted for insulting WW.

Source?

I wasn't console warring, merely jesting. I'm not curious, Bendis is far too up his own ass to actually do something good and I think DC has enough mediocre writers as it is.

A tweet of his; he called her a "walking STD factory."

This was in the pre-tumblr days, so no one accused him of being a shitlord.

agreed. Or send him to one of the smaller publishers, I don't care.

No but it was extremely painful.

>Writing better stories.

entirely subjective and dependent on bias.

......that was a REAL tweet?

Wasn't it on his tumblr?

Yep.
Dunno, saw it in this board some days ago but I don't know how to find it in the archive.

I'd rather Marvel be his containment publisher.

Vision is an incredible comic. This is true.

It is also a comic about the fucking Vision. How many fans does the Vision actually have? Why couldn't they have put that kind of quality writing on Captain America, or Spider-Man, or Thor? Because those are what sell. Vision, no matter who wrote it, was never going to be a huge seller. Its like when Dredd came out a few years ago. No, it didn't break the bank, but did anyone expect a new Dredd movie to do that?

When Marvel does have good writing, it is always on their smaller titles that, let's face it, are never going to pull in huge amounts of money. DC, meanwhile, seem to be putting all their effort into making their main books well written. SuperDad is the best Superman has been in years, for example. Where is the effort at Marvel to make Captain America special? Oh, that's right, they tried that. By making him a Hydra agent.

>DC would take in Bendis.
Nah.

someone please send this to him on twitter...... #problematic

I don:'t know, can you really accuse Marvel of not trying? They had Hickman on Avengers, Remender on Captain America, Waid on Daredevil and Aaron on Thor. Problem is what most anons pointed out, shit editors didn't get the best out of writers. They even upgraded shitty Spencer on "important" titles after getting acclaim on a small one.

>insulting former or prospective employers
That's the worst part of it.

>Hickman on Avengers, Remender on Captain America, Aaron on Thor
Yes, I can really accuse Marvel of not trying.

>implying he'll ever leave Marvel

But that post was about retailers dying. And a lot of publishers did crash. Marvel went bankrupt and only saved itself by selling film rights. Image went bankrupt too. DC was owned by Warner and was bulletproof. Valiant got bought out. Smaller publishers like Capital went under.
Look at this list
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_comics_publishing_companies
Look at the companies that went under in 1994 or later.

They're capable of writing good comics, they just failed in those instances. It's not like with Waid or Spencer where Marvel put mediocre at best writers on their "important" comics.

Good. Trash belongs in the dump.

>Image went bankrupt too.
Because they were incompetent and too arrogant to notice.
>DC was owned by Warner and was bulletproof.
Exactly.
>Valiant got bought out.
Because Shooter got cucked again.

user, Hickman sucks at Marvel but also at indies.

well the idea is each #1 is like the first episode of a seaon. No need to hunt through random numbers for the start of the story, just get a #1 and read from there

>Haha I don't like these writers so that doesn't mean they're not generally popular and well liked

Honestly impressed by Marvel's balls and give no fucks attitude. loving it

Gamble big yo.

>Shitman
>the HOBO PISS guy
>the guy who burned out after Scalped
>SJWaid
>well liked

You didn't even look at the list faggot. Are you really trying to imply that a second crash will not be a problem?
Kill yourself if so my man.

Some publishers die, others are born. What was the problem here, if I may ask?

>haha I don't like these writers so that means they're not generally popular and well liked part 2, with a bit of Cred Forums's opinion reflects the entire buying populace delusion

But they are well liked... despite their low quality writing.

You absolutely can accuse them of not trying if you get a talented writer and you let that writer make shit. Hickman's Avengers, for example, turned into a fucking train wreck at the end. Not only was it yet another "This group of heroes are now assholes for no reason" story in a long line of those stories at Marvel, not only did it have a very confusing timeline concerning the rest of the Marvel Universe at that time, not only did the event that his run was building up to completely render most of his run absolutely pointless, but said event was also a bloated, overlong, pointless, delayed spectacle of which the only lasting development from it is that the Fantastic Four broke up. So the ending event of his run didn't even affect the Avengers, it affected a completely different team.

Like...why? Why any of that? Why did nobody at Marvel say, "Hey, maybe this doesn't need to be a year long story, maybe you should get your issues done faster, maybe Secret Wars doesn't need to be nine fucking issues long." Its like, yeah, okay, you have a talented guy, but without anybody helping him he can still turn to shit. Like, look at Peter Jackson. He made the Lord of the Rings movies with basically all of WB supporting him and encouraging him to make the best movies possible. Then he had to step in at the last minute and rush everything to make Hobbit because WB wanted money.

So yeah, that's a good analogy. DC is Lord of the Rings, Marvel is Hobbit.

what honestly are the chances the market crashes again?

Retailer death, people losing their jobs, a smaller industry with fewer smaller publishers that are willing to take new talent, resulting in stagnation due to no fresh blood in the industry. This stagnation leads to cronyism because no one can get in without knowing writers/artists/editors, which leads to even worse stories than the stagnation has created.

Once again are you seriously implying that a second crash which cut sales to about 10% of what they were 20 years ago will not be bad?
How dumb are you son?

None. Marvel has rich sugar daddy now and I doubt Image/Valiant/Dynamite/whoever else can do 90's-tier shenanigans with hologram variants, massive preorders and even more massive delays.

>maybe Secret Wars doesn't need to be nine fucking issues long."

Secret Wars was 9 issues long because of Ribic, it's still a 8 part story all together.

Disagree. The crash is less about immediately publishers than it is about retailers and distributors. If Marvel keeps making retailers overspend, they go under. If too many retailers go under, Diamond goes under, or changes its rates enough to hurt more retailers. The fewer retailers, the smaller the market, which means fewer books from the big publishers and eventually the death of the small publishers.

The mass speculation is gone. The public no longer thinks of comics as a way to get rich and so aren't driving the insane comics bubble of the past.

the crash was about customers losing interest because who wants a fucking dozen variant covers, postcards, lithographs or calendars?

What is Tom King?

King literally wrote 12 issues for Marvel.

And they're infinitely better than his Batman run

I can't wait to get all of these shit comics for 50-70 percent off, since my LCS always has a fuckton of Marvel shit leftover that they're desperate to get rid of

Yet still worse than Sheriff and Omega Men.

>This stagnation leads to cronyism because no one can get in without knowing writers/artists/editors, which leads to even worse stories than the stagnation has created.

that ship sailed in fucking 62 at the latest. stan lee got a job at marvel bc of his uncle

Cronyism will always exist in the corporate world, but it will become the only way for talent to get in, which is not what you want

Yeah, but like some of the tweets that have been posted around say, it's only seasonal if there is real planning and they aren't shooting from the hip.

>inhumans
>sales

Tom King's DC work is still much better than his Marvel work.

Somebody please help me make this into a wallpaper

It's already clear what X-men fans think of IVX but what about Inhuman fans?

Best I can do.
Check IMT on if you want some more work done to it.

They're making another CLone Saga. They clearly haven't learned anything from the Nineties.

I love you

No, the idea is "stores always order more #1s, what bullshit excuse can we use so that idiots won't figure it out?"

>When Marvel does have good writing, it is always on their smaller titles that, let's face it, are never going to pull in huge amounts of money.
...And since they won't pull in money, the editorial isn't interested, so the comics themselves have a chance to have a good story.

>Then he had to step in at the last minute and rush everything to make Hobbit because WB wanted money.
No it's not. Jackson had to step in to salvage Hobbit because this fat fuck in pic left the project in the middle of everything and the entire production was in shambles because of his departure. It's amazing the movies even came out because of what del Toro did.

>leaving out Waid DD
Overhyped trite.

>So yeah, that's a good analogy. DC is Lord of the Rings, Marvel is Hobbit.
Which publisher is Braindead?

>but what about Inhuman fans?
They're too busy not existing.

I'm sure they exist.

Just not in the numbers Marvel want.

I think there are just some Black Bolt fans and a few Karnak fans, maybe even Lockjaw fans, but I don't think there are any Inhuman fans.

Good stories are subjective and nobody cares about good stories when they aren't by writers or characters they already like.

See: Omega Men

Well I want to know what they think.

Pity I left for the gym before reading this. I would have been laughing all the way.

Why am I getting car salesman vibes from this?

You really need to work on your comeback game.