Are Noodle and 2D fucking yet?

Blue balled

we have been dooped

Wait it already came out?

I ain't happy

I'm feeling glad

its not like that its like a big brother thing
unless you're into that

I've been listening to Gorillaz ever since I heard the news of phase 4. Demon days brought alot of feels. Does anyone else feel the same?

Been listening since 2001. Almost attended a concert but I had to bail and have my tickets to friends. I phase in and out of them every few years but something 'new' has been happening for so long it's driving me a little nuts.

Same here. Been listening to them from the start but Demon Days came out when I was starting to grow up and thinking about my future and everything else around me.

After the Plastic Beach story line project was abandoned I stopped caring.

If you are going to create hype about something don't just quit near the end.

>Clean cut Murdoc with a pompadour

Well I'm intrigued now.

>Plastic Beach story line
The music is the only thing that really matters.

I think that Rhinestone Eyes and DoYaThing wrapped things up nicely. Cyborg Noodle was destroyed off camera and Murdoc and the Boogeyman reached some sort of agreement and now live peacefully with each other in London.

They then got evicted from said London estate because they were renting a house in FUCKING CENTRAL LONDON.

Seeing as how Murdoc has owned 2D's ass for god knows how long and 2D has practically raised the girl with him, never.

I would like to kiss Noodle on the cheek!

I'm a little hype, but I'm moreover on the outside looking in, since I haven't kept up on the news. I've been listening to Gorillaz for a long time, I remember when Feel Good Inc. debuted on the radio, what a time.

What have we heard regarding the new album? Also, dump promo art. All of it. Every last pixel of Phase 4.

Well, all that was on the letter was an eviction notice, not that they were officially being evicted just yet. Maybe phase 4 will have some stuff about them all living together?

Anyone knows what kind of feel they are going for with the phase 4 album? Heard that they are going for more cheerful mood this time.

Do you guys remember the short cartoons that would come loaded onto the albums?

youtube.com/watch?v=KcXrglh3PLA

youtube.com/watch?v=oVkatTa0D4c

I dont think they got better over the last decade.

Yeah I remember the first album had videos when I play them on my computer.

We don't talk about the Soulchild Remix.

I love Plastic Beach. Also the original 19-2000 is alot better.

youtu.be/6n3RaZ1DJJo

Hey now, the soulchild remix is perfect

>mfw

I have a feeling the timeline teasing on social media was a way to get everyone listening to the old music again. I can confirm it worked.

Just according to keikaku.

The latest art of Noodle from Jamie Hewlett's Instagram.

>don't just quit near the end.
They ran out of funding. Gorillaz is very expensive to do, the stylo video cost a shit ton of money to make and damon only ended up making around 30 bucks from the plastic beach tour

I guess they shouldn't have hired Bruce Willis.

It sounds like the opening for an anime to me

Bruce did it literally for free

Just throwing a joke there. Willis is known to be a very demanding actor.

Demon Days is the comfiest album ever.

No but Murdoc and 2D are

Apparently all of the band members are going to vocals at one point in the album. I'm curious how Murdoc singing is going to sound

If only the music matters, why is this thread in Cred Forums?

youtube.com/watch?v=LYYuAeLGwyY

I remember hearing that Damon played some snippets of songs at an university somewhere. The people who heard it said it was like 'Demon Days but more energetic'.

Why ask that? They are animated, right?

Do you know where to find the source of that?

Tried looking for it and found this

What the hell.

Is he crying? What's with the bandage?

saved

as trustworthy a source you'll get: mobile.twitter.com/GarrattJohn/status/749680222568583168

Damn I was hoping someone recorded a sample.

it'll come soon user, don't you worry

Demon Days is my favorite album.
It kept me sane while delivering junk mail back in 2006, i had to pack all that shit myself then my mom drove me around while deliverd.
Pay was meh but thank god i bought that Gorillaz album to listen to.

BUT I WANT IT NOW! THE HYPE IS TOO REAL!

I'm much more curious to hear Russell

Same. I worked in retail back then. Popped it on when I get home. Always started with Don't get lost in heaven then Demon Days and then shuffle the rest.

We are Demon Days brothers then.
I loved All Alone and November Has Come among the non singles.

The non singles were better desu.

I really love Feel Good Inc and Dirty Harry.
Dare was okay.

I never realized it til now, but I've been listening to them for about 13 years now. Whenever I listen to Demon Days, it takes me back to the time when MTV still showed music videos.

Murdoc looks exactly like Unknown Hinson.

They're all good, but the others like November has come, O' Green World and Every Planet we reach is dead were great.

White lights too!
Damn such a great album.

>Every Planet we reach is dead
Such an underrated song. I also loved Don't Get Lost In Heaven. Just really reminded me of something off of Pet Sounds. I'd say All Alone but someone said that. El Manana and Last Living Souls are great

I'd say it's their best because it's the most consistent release of theirs and every song on it is incredibly catchy and unique.
>Dare was okay.
I really enjoyed the sound of it. The poppy-glitchy synths and drum beats were really cool. The best thing about Demon Days is definitely the production.

I never see anyone mention it but my grillfriend agrees. Doesn't that autistic kid with the camera and little brother from Stranger Things look like 2D ?

SWELL QUALITY

Both are me.
I agree it is the most consistent and Plastic Beach dissapointed me a little at first because the bar was set so high.
Mind you i still like Dare but i think Feel Good inc was so good,De La Soul was really a big part of that.

We can only hope user.

Agreed. Demon Days were definitely at their highest but Plastic Beach was satisfying.

He's too build to look like him.

Not at all

After Plastic beach see Noodle smile make me feel happy.

I do not get what is feeling 2d in this image.

No Russel is getting that sweet ass

I think he has chronic migraines

I can only see two possibilities
>Phase 4 will have literally no music videos, too expensive
Or
>Phase 4 videos have exclusive theatrical release all together, afterwards cannot rewatch for months

Then the animation matters too, and incomplete animated storytelling is crap.

>Phase 4 will have literally no music videos, too expensive

That would really suck.

How about a tie in comic?

this guy never get older.
Also is wierd see him happy after all the shit he lived in Plastic Beach.
the last time we see smiling was in Do ya Thing

REALLY NOICE

off topic, but had to share:

From what I've heard listening to Kevin Smith's podcasts, Bruce is a huge d-bag irl. Like for instance Kevin Smith's co-host Ralph Garrman got a acting job in a movie starring Willis. Ralph arrives and goes through this very long process of getting dressed up and make-up to look like a homeless man for a scene where he has a brief exchange with Willis. Everyone on set was ready to move on to the homeless man scene, but Bruce kept stopping things for re-shoots and changing what was to be filmed. After every delay somebody on set would break the news to Ralph. This keeps happening, Ralph is waiting hours all dressed up ready to go. It got so bad the director came in and apologized. Finally, at the end of the day there was no more time to delay.. They HAD to shoot the homeless man scene. Bruce refuses to shoot the scene because he didn't think it was necessary, and proceeds to walk off the set. The whole time Ralph is waiting patiently. All for nothing. No acting, no pay. Die Hard dickhead didn't even have the decency to at least talk to Ralph.
There are sooo many stories about Bruce Willis being a complete asshole douche.

I remember getting Plastic Beach the day it came out, and not taking it out of my car's CD drive for an entire year.

The fucking album just grows on you like nobody's business.

That's would be acceptable but they have to have at least one animated music video. It just won't be the same without seeing them animated.

I don't remember what album it was(I think demon days) but I remember buying one of their albums and listening to it while I went to sleep. Then some song that was just a dude yelling for help came on. It fucked my night up. He sounded trapped in a hole.

Did I imagine that? What the fuck was up with that song?

I agree very much with that.

I really hope Noodle goes through a downward spiral like every late teen soon to be 20 something does. Anonymous one night stands. Experimental drug use. Smoking cigs and drinking too much.
It would be more interesting than girl next door is happy.

It does. Empire Ants is also my favorite song
That's the kind of thing I've been hearing about him.

>youtube.com/watch?v=ZurS1L3cV48

The sample at the beginning is from Day of the Dead I think? Not sure, it's the zombie movie where they occupy the underground military base. It's at the very start of the movie.

M1-A1 from s/t

>late teen soon to be 20
She's 25

That song creeped me out when I was a kid.

I hope she sees how much it kills Murdoc and swears off all the crap.

>Plastic Beach
>The fucking album just grows on you like nobody's business.
This so goddamn much.
I was always skipping Superfast Jellyfish because of how out of place it felt. Now I find myself humming or whistling it constantly and listening on repeat.

>Keyboard rift starts
>10 seconds later it ends
I've never had a bigger case of musical blue balls. It's the best part of the whole song and it's painfully short.

She's 25, in fact she's going to be 26 this month, as her birthday is on Halloween, and like everyone else in the band she ages in real time

There we go. This song was so weird and completely out of no where to me. I get they like to fuck around and try new shit but there's some songs you just don't expect aside from their two or so really popular songs from each album. Plenty get pushed aside because they don't have a video.

I think this is a downfall for them, honestly. Theyre 'hit' songs are amazing but it's such a shame so many are over looked. Rhinestone eyes was so popular because everyone expected a video, we got storyboards and people tried to animate it themselves.

If any Gorillaz are fucking each other, it's Murdoc and 2D. Murdoc seemed extra rapey during plastic beach.

Not even remotely. Unless there's a real life human out there who looks like Jack Skellington, you're not gonna find a RL equivalent to 2D

which one?

Muh dick

>How do you feel?

I'm continuing to not really give a shit, I guess?

I knew a kid in school who completely looked like him, other than the hair color and the blank eyes.

>other than the hair color and the blank eyes

I doubt he looked anything like him then, for one thing 2D is a cartoon and the blue hair/black eyes are his most distinguishing traits.

Fuck, same. I love the tone of the album so much. I was really into the Pirate Radio that Murdoc did on the Gorillaz website when it first came out, too. Plastic Beach is an amazing project, regardless of the fact there weren't as many music videos

I'm getting the new Two Door Cinema Club album in a couple weeks. So that's pretty nice.

The title track of DD is really underrated:

youtube.com/watch?v=YduS43M1vGQ

Murdoc sings White Light on Demon Days.

i hope the videos are mostly 2d animated, gorillaz videos are always landmarks of 2d animation that we rarely get

I prefer the CG desu, Noodle and 2D transfer well in that.

oh shit, what obscure guest rapper might they get to voice Russ?

based on how he sounds in the shorts, i want coolio

It depends more on the songs he does vocals for than Russ himself so there's no way of knowing until they do it.
That said Captain Murphy?
Seriously Damon, get FlyLo on the album so I don't have to listen to anything else ever again.

Neat

Damon and Jamie flew to chicago to record with vic mensa and he has performed with damon a couple of years ago

Same Nigga, Workin' at a Blockbuster when it came out. Also bought this shit around the same time.

I thought Jaime got tired of drawing the same characters over and over, and Damon got tired of not getting radio play

Makes me worried the next album will be all dance pop

>PHIL GUD

He says that each album, and each album he revamps them in a certain way and usually has a big design project on the side to go along with it.
We already see some of the new styles he's been playing with

Have you been to Cred Forums?

I kinda feel like after Plastic Beach, they all deserve at least an album of happiness.

Not that happiness is mutually exclusive with that stuff, but you know.

How's Rise Of The Ogre?

So that's the reason why Ralph never does a Willis-impersonation?

I dunno. Noodle is perfect no matter what you do with her so she's fine. 2D looks alright, but there's a few shots in Stylo which look a bit weird to me. He's hit or miss. Sadly I think Murdoc looks like absolute shit in CG, and I don't mean ugly like he's supposed to be, I mean that he looks way different from his actual character design. I'm fine with a CG video now and again, Do Ya Thing was fucking great, but I still want the main videos to be traditional animation. It's not the end of the world tho.

This shot still makes me laugh.

Been listening to all their albums in reverse order lately (ie. starting with The Fall and working back to self-titled), including sides and Monkey where they fit on the timeline. It sure makes an 8-hour work day go quick and easy. I still need to grab Laika Come Home though.

I can't wait for the next phase, I'm trying to stay away from speculating or anticipating anything in particular from them so that it'll all be a pleasant surprise. I just want to see the gang again and have some cool new tunes, and that's the basic that will be delivered, I hope. The only thing I've let myself focus on is the instagram pictures and descriptors. Particularly excited for cleaned up, sharply dressed "reparation rock" Murdoc.

HELLLOOOOO

IS ANYONE THERE?