Spoiler-free Luke Cage thread

What do you think of Luke Cage so far? No spoilers, and keep Cred Forums shitposting to a minimum.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=moiUyFQQE-0
youtube.com/watch?v=2L12F1GIfrg
youtube.com/watch?v=kOvjL1uQThE
youtube.com/watch?v=QCSPda7xQ3s
youtube.com/watch?v=UD1eaRDY-q4
youtube.com/watch?v=Zhgwy9y5ttA
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

I've only seen the first two episodes so far but I'm liking it. It already drew me in faster than Jessica Jones did.

Does he beat up any racist white cops? It's the only thing that'll get me to watch this.

Just finished it. Its pretty damn good but it wears thin in the last few episodes

The story is pretty slow, but when it goes full on Blackploitation, with the style and the music, it's pretty damn good.

Punisher reference was shoehorned in.I

>The music
10/10
>Characters
10/10
>Misty's breast
10/10

>"PULL THE TRIGGER NIGGA!"
Oh mah gah

This.

Kept up longer than JJ and much better than DD2, but it could have been shorter.

Watching the scene with Bring the Ruckus by Wu Tang right now. It attains goat status just for using Wu Tang.

I finished episode 4, the flashback episode was great and Cottonmouth is 10/10. Mahershalla Ali is fucking excellent.

Still waiting on an answer for this.

So basically a Marvel Netflix show.

Wow, this show is great. Totally makes me want to apologize for being white.

>Literally every villain is black

What more do you want?

It feels like propaganda

finished the first episode, it seems well made but luke cage is such a fucking boring character in this

just give me iron fist already

Luke needs to look directly into the camera and say All Lives Matter.

Wow. Finished episode 3 and the cop being bad was seen miles ahead but it's pretty cool. I'm digging Cotton mouth and Juice.

I never liked Luke Cage as a character as he's borderline blaxploitation and I don't think he translates well to live action either.

Yes. Also, according to the actor the reason luke cage wears a hoodie is to "show dem racis cops that hoodies aint bad"

I just feel like rewatching S1 of Daredevil

This was more about the Stokes than Luke Cage, but it works well enough, we just needed more on Luke and his past.

Fights needed better choreography. Don't get me wrong they show Luke's strenght when it counts, but the deliberate, mundane slaps were a bit half-assed.

Overall it was a fun show, nice bits near the end, music was killer. Also "double XL" is always funny.

Wait, no polarization on Cred Forums?

That means the series is actually good.

The backlash doesn't start for at least a few days.

The "now that the dust has settled" threads will be here in a week.

its a good crime drama with a little action

There doesn't seem to be much interest for this show to be honest. Then again, you can never tell with Netflix shows if it's just people not caring or people avoid these threads until they have watched all the episodes.

Watched the first episode, not really that impressed but i'm sure it'll get better as it goes on.

Also, why the fuck do people like him work such shitty jobs? He has super strength as uses it to sweep floors at a ghetto barber shop for minimum wage?

Misty Knight was well done IMO

I mean, we are 24 replies and 17 posters in on this thread, and no one is claiming this the best piece of Marvel fiction ever, or the worst, or the most SJW, or something else entirely.

So, at least in my book, a higher level of discussion implies a good show.

Can't put super strength on the resume

Why do black people like Kung Fu movies so much?

Why not though? He doesn't wear a mask so doesn't seem to care if people know he has powers. Why doesn't he just tell people who he is so he can actually make some money, he could use that money to help his community so kids won't be gunning each other down robbing places.

He doesn't want to get noticed.

Because he works for cash.

Well it is the spoiler free thread which means a lot of us haven't finished watching it yet. And I'm sure most people are avoiding Cred Forums until they are finished with it

He escaped from prison and is trying to avoid being found.

They used to be played in cheap theaters and they're fucking awesome.

Same reason we like anime so much

It's fun

I've already gotten through 11 episodes.
Shit was bangin, yo.
There's only a couple of things from the comic books that it annoyed me they've twisted around or deleted, but most of that is just about making it more modern, or fitting it to the constraints of a Netflix show, so i'm willing to let it slide.

I'm through episode 1, liking it so far.
Any ham-fisted political or liberal bullshit along the way?

Thematic spoilers
The cops are shown as scared but whiteys and darkeys mostly get along and sling bantz. It also shows that politicians love to capitalize on social movements for their own gain.

So, I finished episode 3, but I got to ask, does Cottonmouth get any more intimidating? Because it seems that Luke is already breezing through his men. Is the rest of the 10 episodes just a cat and mouse game between them?

More or less close to reality... So no political agendas...
Also Luke gots game, but he's 10/10 and not a nigger

Given how he was sweeping hair in the beginning of the show, I think he cared if people knew back then.

IDK, given the situation it made perfect sense to me

Cottonmouth sorta remind me of Kira Yoshikage, this villain in desperate situation in a more or less up hill battle, but still never loses his laugh and still has fun.

I really wonder if Cred Forums shitters like you have even watched a single episode.

>Misty's breast
Anyone got a high res of this shot? Crappy internet here

he's on the lamb and getting paid under the table. not many people are willing to hire wanted criminals

Second.

The music is on point. And goddamn I would fuck Misty so hard Whom ever shall pull me out will become the next king or Ireland.

Enjoy nigger aids

Yes and no. He gets more desperate as things drag on and he loses a lot of his assets. So he goes after Luke's rep and past.

First time the system is really every justified. Last episode was kinda cheesy to me

I loved the fucking music.

Yeah he could start like a group of heroes you can hire for money or something.

It's almost like he was sweeping floors and staying incognito before he came out and started saving people. Something like an origin story.

Has Luke had to deal with a malfunctioning soda machine yet?

I was pleasently surprised that they didn't really shoehorn in some current events shit

And I liked how the cops and civies are eventually manipulated which didn't seem panderous

I made it through 2 episodes. I'm done. It's like if white outcasts wrote what they imagined black people say and do. And also tried to make every line make it to the IMDB quotes page.

I just finished episode 2. When the fuck does anything happen? Everyone's character arc is so obvious but they spend so much time world building that everything moves at such a glacial pace and you're just waiting for hours for it to finally get to the part that you know is going to happen.

just finished the first episode. easily the most graphic of the marvel shows. i dont remember f-bombs being dropped in daredevil or jessica jones.

"i'm not for hire" i lol'd a tthat.

Things pick up in episode 3.

Cottonmouth was perfectly cast. I can forgive his missing eyebrows.

I am enjoying it a few episodes in since I got off work. I really like this thing that they're doing where they frame characters in shots from the point of view of the people they're talking to. It gives a feel of asides in Shakespeare plays, which with the ongoing interpersonal drama and violence makes this feel sort of like if someone did a Harlem update of some lost play.

I like that a lot really and hope they keep it up in the inevitable season 2

On the second episode rn. Definitely caught my eye. Never been into Luke cage before this. I'm more into black media for the black on black bantz, hope this has more

Oh and also the chess playing dude at the barbershop isn't a half bad greek chorus. Who is the showrunner? What's his background, because if it isn't in theater or some kind of documentary films I'm surprised.

Only watched the first episode, but... Did anyone else think it was kinda... shit? The exposition was so bad and the 'flirt' dialogue between Misty and Luke almost made me throw up. Can somebody tell me if it gets better, I loved JJ and DD but I'm not sure if I can stomach anymore of this.

Just finished episode 6. Does shit get real later on? Does the action pick up later? Not expecting Luke Cage to do flips and shit like Daredevil, but at least fight someone on his level.

Up to episode 7, love it so far.

It's really, really boring.

The action is not good and the story isn't moving fast enough to keep my interest. Finished episode six and I think I'm done.

>Luke gots game, but he's 10/10

Nah that nigga is 8/10

Misty's tits are 10/10

>Luke shaving after getting powers
SWEET CHRISTMAS

>Misty's breast
That caught me by surprise. I tried my hardest to find nipple but they shot the angle just right so as to avoid it.

I saw a post earlier claiming that all the white people were assholes. I thought they were exaggerating, but so far every white person is some cartoon-y dumbass that only spews slightly-racist or just dopey lines. It's THE MOST off putting and annoying shit.

The writing is also really bad. And that big, black, beautiful son of a bitch delivers lines with the emotion of a brick.

I just finished the first episode, so I'm sure I'm jumping the gun, but so far I'm not impressed.

He starts really losing his shit and gets more desperate starting in episode 5.

I'm not gonna call this series redpilled but by episode 1 it has already called black communities on all their bullshit
>Black on black crime
>Missing black dads
>black violence
>Bullshit politicians using race to further their agendas
>OMG they're not blaming evil whitey on everything

Oh and also I see some sort of Latino black integration, is that normal? Were I live it is but because there's been 500 years of racemixing mulatos and zambos are common

Are the club musicians cameos famous black performers? Four episodes in at least two of them look super familiar and they're doing pretty performances but I can't fucking place any of them. I mean I also tend to listen more to other music genres, but the almost familiarity of some of these people is killing me.

>I loved JJ
Please leave.

Yeah as near as I know they're all real artists.

>cartoony

This is a comic book show you fucking idiot

>Be a cop
>Wear hoodies off duty
>Love classic Heroes for Hire, excited for this show
>See this part

I can't even be mad at this point. I might as well expect it.

I felt pretty bad for kid Cottonmouth

I enjoyed some specific episodes of it but felt it was weaker than even s1 of DD and definitely not doing as well for me as Luke Cage so far.

episode 4 and 5 are where it starts getting really good. and any scene with cottonmouth is 10/10

not that user, but there are plenty of people that like JJ over any other comic book shows, myself included. It's not going to hit everyone with the constant suicide and addiction themes but it hits home for me

Yes. Raphael Saadiq, Faith Evans, Jidenna and the Delfonics. There may have been another performance but I watched it all in 13 hours so it's kind of a blur

>first scene of the show is a bunch of black people in a barbershop talking about basketball

Is this just Black Stereotypes: The Show?

On episode 8. Shades is based as fuck. Good to see Juice do something after SoA.

and adult Cottonmouth ;_;

>called black communities on all their bullshit
can't wait to see what you mean
>Black on black crime
What even is that? Its just crime
>Missing black dads
Implying this isn't something that isn't regularly acknowledged in black communities.
>black violence
This is Harlem, everyone knows what race is committing crime in a black neighborhood.
>Bullshit politicians using race to further their agendas
How is this "black community BS"?
>OMG they're not blaming evil whitey on everything
That wasn't the focus of the show, but there are evil whites present
> Latino black integration
This is NYC. Blacks and Latinos are almost considered the same thing.

Who was the cool older dude in episode 4? He was my favorite.

Its a barbershop in a poor Harlem neighborhood, someone's going to talk about basketball eventually.

T.Black user

>yfw bring da ruckus

>the deliberate, mundane slaps were a bit half-assed.
That's really the problem with the Marvel TV stuff, it's rare that any of the fight scenes have either emotional weight, or villains that aren't total non-entities. It works in short bursts or montages, but there's only so many times you can see Cage throw a dude into a wall before it gets boring.

>censored cut

>tfw no Misty - Night Nurse hate fuck

that scene between them got me a raging hardon

>He could've gone to Juilliard, been somebody

Done with chapter 1...
Is it normal that I found all the side characters like Cottonmouth, black Hillary and shades more interesting... And they make Luke seem dull in comparison

>86648513

I don't recall there being a music number in the prison episode, or do you want Squabbles, Luke's mentor?

I think misty's boobs might be too big

My favorite part was probably the speech he gives at the end of episode 2.
>Pull the trigga nigga!!

Nah that seems to be the common consensus so far

And then there's this faggot

I think that I got my episodes wrong. 3? It can't have been 2 unless I have spaced out hard.

Just watched the first episode. Didn't really captivate me like Daredevil/JJ's first episodes did. There's a lot more I could say, but I don't want to be a dumbass and find myself proven completely wrong in the next few episodes. All I can say is
>*sucks teeth* "What, you think I'm some kind of Hero for Hire or some shit?"
I'm exaggerating, but I can't take scenes like this seriously after black Deadshot's infamously bad line. Same for that random Power Man namedrop. Whatever happened to subtlety? Is Black Panther going to say "I guess I'm finna be a black panther now huh"?

wtf happened
I meant to say

Yeah I feel like that's the problem with modern Luke. They attempted to move away from the "angry black man" aspect of the character but in doing that they took all the passion out of him.

>Black Hillary
Kek

And what's the point of having the villains hating their nicknames? Cottonmouth and Black Mariah are both cool names to have.

I liked him more after seeing him react to Pop dying and his new back story. It fit the character they were going for, and it was at least unique.

I was just the opposite. The first ep of DD and JJ were boring as fuck. I struggled to get through it.

that's pretty par for the course on Netflix.
>Kingpin > DD
>Purpleman > JJ
>Cottonmouth > everything

I found that I wanted Cottonmouth to win actually. far more sympathetic than even Kingpin

The power man one is supposed to be on the nose since Pops is making fun of him.

If it makes you feel any better I'm pretty sure BP said his name in CW without joking.

It helps that his is a title probably.

nigger what does it say in the thread topic

it really doesn't pick up until episode 4 and 5. I'm on 9 now and it's been pretty good since 4

Because it makes it le ironical once they actually embrace their nickname.
Good point.
So I was right not to start bitching after one episode. Great.

Let's be real here, you know that guy's gonna die from the very first episode. Source: I've only seen the first episode.

Day what you will about the MCU movies but they have never been afraid of calling their characters by their superhero names or shit like that.

*Say

Wanda has quite literally never been called "The Scarlet Witch" at any point in any of her appearances.

>I am the Gun
Holy fuck yes

I like the slow burn, mix it with a political and criminal thriller and its a winner for me. Hell I could watch a series about a gang war with all the side characters and I wouldn't miss Luke at all

no one should bitch after one episodes. Things as iconic as babylon 5 and Star Trek TNG never got good until their second or third season. There are very few tv shows that are able to hit the ground running

I just finished the season, its great, well worth the hype. honestly though I was expecting it to be more black, there wasnt as much hip hop as I thought there would be, and there wasnt as much urban slang, sure they said nigga a lot, but i only heard "sucka" a few times

Modern Luke is a straight man. Much like Cable, he's only as interesting as his supporting characters.

Fair enough, but I think was less them being ashamed of the name than coincidence. I mean, they have a guy called Captain America, that's hardly less goofy than Scarlet Witch.

Episode 8 or 9 spoiler the way Diamondback says Carl reminds me of GTA San Andreas

Not really. Does anyone refer to Tony as Iron Man anymore? It's just Tony or Stark. Black Widow is only referred to as Nat or Natasha, Hulk is only referred to as Banner. The only person who's called by their superhero name is Thor and it's only because that's literally his name, same with Vision. I guess most people call Steve Cap though.

Sounds like things that black communities are already aware of.

>This is a family car Carl

Read some comics,when talking to each other in private they do the same thing there. And none of the examples on your list had ever a
>do you really think you are a Iron Man?

I know, but MSM tends to put that under the rug in order to agree with BLM narrative and that bullshit.
Also... 25$ for shaving? I can get gourmet food for my whole family with that

>I've never met a black person and think that they should all shuck, jive and talk a certain way

I liked Misty just a little bit more than Cottonmouth. His laugh was always reassuring though. Also

>Kingpin > DD
Thats just false

Its not that, I just expected them to play it up, it would of been entertaining

Nope, kingpin is a total badass, he beat Matt in prison, let Frank loose and took over prison. Matt couldn't even save Elektra, keep Karen from cucking him with Matt or his BFF around and he has superpowers. Matt is a total loser, fisk becomes the king of every castle he enters, I'd love a kingpin series more than a DD series

Welcome to New York City

>>Kingpin > DD
it's true though. And S2 had Punisher> DD

>nature abhors a vacuum
god Damn Shade. I want to hate you but you are so fucking smooth

>Nobody move. I ain't playing.

>Past episode seven.
Were you enjoying the villain? Tough shit, he's gone have a crappy new one for the rest of the show. Should have brought Diamondback in sooner, or just stuck with cottonmouth and given him powers half way through to distinguish him from Fisk.

Tisty is pretty fucking awesome in this show. I will agree to that

oh man. it's boring as fuk. shitty villain on top of that.

9er here
agreed
don't care about diamondback or black mariah, but shades is awesome

I just finished episode 4. I like it better than Jessica Jones and Daredevil season 2 but not as much as Daredevil Season 1 or the Frank bits of season 2. The ending to episode 3 was fucking hilarious though.

>mfw Diamondback starts quoting The Warriors

Should have seen it coming when we started getting his backstory. Shame, really made me feel for the guy

Why are the netflix shows so much better than the movies?

Still, can't wait for defenders to show up in Infinity War movies

More time for story telling. And not just scenes between action sequences.

>Still, can't wait for defenders to show up in Infinity War movies
sorry

but yeah netflix shows are the best capeshit ever. even Flash pales in comparison

Flash unfortunately is stuck on CW. They have to shove in that teen romance angst shit, which really brings down the whole show.

Trish Talk in episode 6!!

That was unexpected

>Well, the next time trouble comes banging at your door, maybe you should call Luke Cage[/.spoiler]
Based reference/foreshadowing

So was the prison science project that made Luke a chemical bath of the same stuff that was splashed on JJ in her origin?

And was this whole thing yet another attempt at replicating Project Rebirth?

it would be a 10/10 show if they cut out the love triangle bullshit Linda was best anyway

They tried using the name in an official tie-in comic but it was super clunky.

I think there are some code names you just can't use in casual conversation and that's one of them.

i didnt watch jessica jones because i thought it was just too fucking boring.

are there any references ill be missing out on?

He needs to stop banging Danny's waifu

I loved the Warriors reference. Great movie.

the Dr. Was trying to make wounds heal faster

Stan Lee "cameo"

Just finished the second episode.

... it's okay so far I guess. Nothing really's happened yet which is kind of irritating. The quick brawl at Genghis Connie's was nice, but it was short and it's really the only bit of action so far.

Hoping things pick up next episode.

Not sure why this pic posted sideways

first few episodes are a lot of setup, it gets better

Hope Marvel doesn't cave in to demands for Misty/ Luke.

I liked the part where A bunch of dudes in Harlem started wearing hoodies with bullet holes to fuck with cops

He goes by... Lawyer

I am Spartacus Cage

youtube.com/watch?v=moiUyFQQE-0

Was super excited to see Charles Bradley get a spot in ep 3.

>put a good song in the show
>it isn't available anywhere
reeeeeeeeeeee
at least someone put up a decent rip of it on YT youtube.com/watch?v=2L12F1GIfrg

Thst would a amazing name for a hero or villian

>The big ass smile on the first dude we see get stopped

Triggered.

Just finished ep 3, liking it so far. But when the hell am I getting a Sweet Christmas?

Misty's tits are 10D's/10D's

I cant help but laugh whenever Cottonmouth does. I want to buy the man a drink whenever hes on screen. Also I may have missed this but, where on the NY foodchain does Cottonmouth sit in relation to Kingpin?

episode 9 spoiler

holy shit, selling superhero bullets to the police, what a brilliant idea

the PULL THE TRIGGER, NIGGA scene got me interested in Luke Cage even more. It's what pulled me in. They really showed his temper fairly well.
I finished the series and there's this element of dramatic cheese that's fantastic. It's a very different tone from the other shows. But it can still get pretty sad honestly.

I honestly think it's a better laugh than the Joker has ever done. Hamill is great but this is just fantastic

forgot nigger gangsta wannabe's think honest work is the worst thing in the world and they'd rather steal from each other than do work of any kind

Without spoiling anything, how does Cottonmouth rank up to Kilgrave and Kingpin?

Diamondback's big ass chin makes him look like Quagmire

They're in different areas. Kingpin was in Hell's Ktichen and Cottonmouth is in Harlem. Not sure how things are in the comics though.

In my opinion he's of a different type but he's definitely up there.

what's he suppose to do be punching people's heads right off their bodies? Guys got fucking super strength a slow slap is about the only thing he can do without killing people left and right

Cottonmouth=Killgrave>Fisk

I want to say above Kilgrave but just below Kingpin. Guy is pretty damn likable, but his empire rests on salt pillars

Could've been Kingpin tier but isn't because reasons.

I can't believe this is the best shot we got of this outfit.

Shades' trachea was strong as fuck

Soon.

Just finished it

I didn't expect Shades to end up being one badass pimp motherfucker

He's much simpler than the others in terms of depth, but he's charismatic as hell. He's probably my favorite Marvel tv villain so far (excluding the Punisher)
Shame he had to die halfway through the season though

MIsty tits 10/10, but the character is a horrible person.

Claire Temple best waifu.

>Claire Temple best waifu.

I feel like she's cursed. She just keeps stumbling accidentally into the insanity of everyone else's stories, from her point of view the universe has to be picking on her. I can't wait for her to run into Danny and his literal magic fists of fury.

That's not really the issue, it's just that the fight scenes for the first half of the season all go the same way. I don't want him to be punching people to death, but he'd be way better if he was up against people who he actually needed to fight against.

>Claire Temple best waifu.
>implying it's not that kid's hot mom who hits on Luke

Does Rosario Dawson nurse appear here for a third show?

>I can't wait for her to run into Danny and his literal magic fists of fury.
I hope that happens when Danny is in China or something. like she is on a vacation and still ends up running into this kinda shit.

Yes.

She's going to appear in all of them, of course she does.

>misty knight
>terrible person
I knew people like you would exist, but the idea that you really believe this still surprises me

Indeed

acting wise just as good as Tennet and D'Afrio. Writing wanted MORE MORE MORE

Ufck off and suck a dick faggot.

That's in there too.

so fucking good though

Yes, her and Turk are what tie them all together.
I love Turk
>Y'all Harlem niggas are crazy. I'm going back to Hell's Kitchen where it's safe

Gonetoosoon/10

it was. the beard didn't help it though but thats because how fucking fake it looked. I do get why he had to have the beard though.

Misty is very attractive; dat older single auntie
she reminds me of a friend I made at the gym, also a fit older black lady

short beard was great, long beard was bad. I want Colter to rock a short beard all the time. Cause beards = men

Not that I really give a shit but should I expect any decent cameos and references that aren't shoehorned besides the black guy from DD

agreed but it still looked fake as fuck.

>cameos and references
you are the cancer of comics and comic universes

SHUT UP, BLACK MARIAH!
man, that scene was too fucking real

naaahhh man, short beard was tight nigga.

>Fisk on the bottom

Sweet Christmas, Luke Cage's theme song is great.
youtube.com/watch?v=kOvjL1uQThE

It's blacktastic.

forgot my pic

Yo the end of episode 8 was fucking fantastic
>NIGGA I AM YO BROTHER

Is the reason because he took the express route downstairs?

It's good, but I'm finding it dragging. I'm on episode 8 and so far there isn't much in the way of tension or intrigue.

Also Cottonmouth is shit. He is Kingpin-lite in the worse ways.He is not at all physically intimidating, especially compared to Cage and he quite literally cannot hurt Cage. He also lacks the psychological punch of Kingpin or Kilgrave. Liking the actor tho. They should have used someone like Tombstone

Nah

>The only Super Freak we like is Rick James

Excellent. This will tide me over till we can get J Jonah Jameson properly shitting all over superheroes.

The fight between armored Diamondback and Luke should really have been Incredible Hulk tier. I wanted to see them toss each other through buildings.

So did Mariah actually believe in the shit she was doing?

>Also Cottonmouth is shit.
He's not the final boss.

im not interested enough to watch this can someone just tell me any of the defender lore i'd have to know for other shows?

>Spoiler-free Luke Cage thread
>What do you think of Luke Cage so far? No spoilers

I know. I assume this Diamondback is, but to have a villain for 8 episodes who is completely ineffectual was a horrible decision. The build up to Diamondback is seeming a little lackluster as well, but I need to finish watching it.

I like that the bad guys now have good aim since the protagonist is bulletproof.

Fuck dude I'm really sorry I forgot which thread I was in. How do I delete?

They defend stuff

Hey Cred Forums, I've got a question.
CAAAN YOU DIG IIIIIIIT?

So that Lonnie kid is definitely a Tombstone reference, right?

Why do we not have GIFs of Misty's Knights yet? I mean, goddamn, niggas.

How? Did Tombstone get his ass beat by the cops?

I thought so at first, but didn't they say something like "Wilson" for his last name? It definitely wasn't Lincoln.

Benign neglecte

Holy shit the voices in this were like liquid sex so smooth.
And rhat soundtrack. it was like gettinf made smooth love to.

Also holy hell the black lit nods were over the top loved it.

Benign niglet

Damn Carl Lucas...

[Spoiler]Did anyone else jump a bit when Dimondback pulled the Houdini pistol trick. I legit thought he had superpowers or a sniper or something all of a sudden.[/Spoiler]

Jidenna's song, performance and playing off Cottonmouth was fucking amazing. Ain't finished the show but I'm digging it so much.

So I was watching the french rip of Luke Cage and he had a funny hat. Was there in the US release?

Yes. Lrn 2 spoiler

Also. Misty's fro made me hard

My favorite part of the whole thing is the reaction of ordinary citizens to power-people, shit is slowly becoming the norm

3 episodes in and he's pretty generic and boring so far. Killgrave and Fisk had more unique interesting personalities then just a generic gangster like Cottonmouth seems. Hopefully they make him more complex as it goes on.

I saw the full season, first episodes are really great.
I thought, some guys said that is better than Daredevil and Jessica Jones, yes they are right, Netflix finally did it
Wrooooooooong.
Netflix has a serious problem in delivering a full season with episodes which keeps the quality.
After the Cottonmouth death, everything is going to the wrong way
In some point Misty has a video that proves the Luke Cage innocence, but she never uses the video! WTF?!?!
The season finale, WTF are this espisode?
This episode kill the entire season!
I don't know who was the moron that wrote the scripts of episodes 6 to 13, but if possible I'd run out of everything they write in the future

Misty's tits are fucking immense, felt like I was reading hentai when they got to Luke's bedroom and he groped them cow tits.

Half way through. The action is great but short bursts. I just love the raw power they show when Luke takes on the baddies.

The story is okay, I like it for the most part, but it is definitely a slow burn. I really hope we get the Serpent Society in costume with powers.

CLAIRE KEEPS SAYING HOW SHE KNOWS A REALLY GOOD LAWYER AND EVERYONE IGNORES HER GOD DAMMIT.

Bruh me too

But in the end she will ride the dragon

Only at episode 3. My bad

She's not even gonna be in his first season, user.

I wish she had been Misty just for the visual aspect. The actress that was chosen did a good job though

I seriously need a GIF of him doing that groping. Good God, that whole scene was sexy as fucking fuck.

Well you screwed up on the spoliers, but
Yeah, a little bit. I liked that Diamondback brought a villain with a physical threat to him, and not just in a "he beats up his men" way, that he could actually get out on the streets and hunt Luke one on one, or he was fast, and could hold his own in a firefight when thing got hairy.

His entire character basically came down to "Brother!"

>Hyped as fuck
>Turns out it was garbage
Luke himself was fine, but the villains were are various degrees of shit and the story went nowhere fast.

Worst of the bunch by far.

Brother...NERO?!

Heh, "Snake".

Spoilers you dumb negro

youtube.com/watch?v=QCSPda7xQ3s

Soon he will come to wash the bad taste away.

>mfw Diamondback is onscreen

>People already acting like it was bad
Come on, man.

Two things i dislike is how fruitless Misty's investigation is given how much time is dedicated to it, and even when she has evidence or logical explanations she doesn't bother presenting them. Just stubbornly goes about her own shit.

That, and how much time is dedicated to bandaging up injuries and having conversations about them and why they're problematic,

i really hate that the underlying root of the anger to the cops is because a self-serving motive.

like fuck, you were doing so good and then you say black lives matter is a trick? fuck that

The second point was actually something I liked about the show. Luke's bulletproof, but the people around him aren't, and paying attention to those wounds is important and helps raise the stakes without introducing new weaknesses unnecessarily. Plus its a cool way to highlight the thinking behind Night Nurse eventually coming in, establishing that street level heroes need medics to help them out, even if they're unbreakable

>86651638
Dont make me sad user pls.

The angers there, and its real, its just a politician hijacking it and funneling it towards their own ends. Shame shit has been going on forever, on every part of the political spectrum

It was bad though. It had niggers in it.

Fuuuk seriously?

N-no. I don't want to believe this.

Don't remember the episode but mid early season After cottonmouth got arrested but they didn't have evidence, didn't Misty record that one cop admitting he was dirty? Why didn't they use that?

Honestly it makes sense, as much as it sucks. The first season of the show is mostly independent of others outside of some references to the greater MCU, they want Iron Fist with his own characters so they can do individual series after Defenders if they want/need to

So are they going the Misty/ Luke and Danny/Coleen route?

Where's the normal discussion thread?
Also this show is pretty black. Not that I'm complaining, it's just a bit unexpected. I missed all the trailers and stuff and it surprised me.

Yup. It should've been about him growing from street dude to learning about black history and changing his ways like stop using the n-word rather than make him the straight-laced guy. It comes off as corny.

They managed to work in Cottonmouth firing a rocket launcher in the show

Just finished episode three.

Blurted out "WHAT THE FUCK" so loud I woke up my flatmate.

>show about a black guy living in Harlem
>comic is famous for being blaxploitation
>surprised when the show has black people on it

Can't you newfags at least read a wiki page on him before being dumb?

HES A NIGgER

I hugely disagree. This was by far the best first episode of the series. I haven't finished, so far Daredevil's still my favorite of the three, but Luke Cage has had by far the strongest beginning.

In general it's definitely the best directed of the shows though. Great cinematography, hands down the best OST of the netflix series, and really solid acting. I wasn't sold on this actor for Luke in JJ, but under a better director, he's great.

My one problem with the directing has been the fight scenes. They're better than Jessica Jones at least, but still pretty rough, and feel really lacking and out of place compared to Daredevil.

Yaya Dacosta would've been the PERFECT Misty Knight

>Why didn't they use that?
Bad writing

>All these racists who disliked the show
Face it, if Luke Cage was white and the show was set at Havard you'd love it.

What is Blaxploitation? Luke cage is basically 70's black action hero played straight and it even has all the hallmarks
>Whites are non caring but not evil
>Cops are good but ineffective
>BLACK PEOPLE USING OTHER BLACK PEOPLE FOR THEIR OWN AGENDAS
>Latino stereotypes
>Rebuilding Harlem
if Luke Cage walked in to Cottonmouth's club and told him he was "declaring war on anyone who sold drugs to the community" it wouldn't be more of on the chin.

We are watching the origin story to Dolamite. people.

Real talk I like the show though Luke himself is a little bland but since they are setting him up to be the leader of the Defenders it makes sense.

Killgrave > Fisk = Cottonmouth

What's with the Biggie poster? It looks so out of place in every scene. That scene where the dude is standing in front of it with the crown oh his head was the worst cinematography i've ever seen.

I think the fight scenes are fine for trying to show a super strong guy on a TV show budget (even one as big as a Marvel show) who doesn't have any of the fancy martial arts training Daredevil has. Its hard to make launching a dude across the room look as interesting as Daredevil's corridor fights

I mean, yeah, but it could be done better. That first fight scene in Genghis Connie's is really solid. But after that, the hits start looking really fake, he taps people and they going flying, people get lightly tapped against a wall and then collapse to the ground, that sort of thing. There's very little weight to the blows, and it just sort of takes me out of it.

The editing and camera work on the fights is really good, which is better than Jessica Jones, but it still has the problem of having no idea how to effectively show super strength.

They mentioned something about the cop going down for being dirty but without Scarfe to testify with the stuff in his ledger they really didn't have anything

>comic is famous for being blaxploitation
No it isn't.

Luke's a bit bland, but he has his moments. The "pull the trigger" and the church scene being two of them.

Not this again. No. Yaya wouldn't. Aside from occasionally wearing her hair out there's nothing that would make her the "perfect" Misty

that detective chick had the gnarliest set of tits every, my got it was unbelieveable

it was like, I almost got diestraced because i wanted to jerk off, but I also wanted to finish watchin the show

DDS1>LC>DDS2>JJ

I really wished they'd gotten better leads for this and JJ. Both are just wooden as fuck. Cox is such a natural actor, when he acts, he has emotions. Ritter and Colter are garbage compared to him.

They should have had the guy who played Mack on Agents of SHIELD as Luke Cage instead

better actor and doesn't have a wierd looking head

Stan Lee cameo?

>Agents of SHIELD
>good actors

>He doesn't follow the "wait 4 episodes before calling judgement" rule

>4

He was on a poster, iirc Daredevil did the same thing

>capes
>subtlety
pick one

>Be a cop

You know what you signed up for faggot. keep on enforcing the rules of the man.

>end of episode 2
>Cottonmouth on the roof
>thought he was just holding that bat at first
>mfw
Alright, I'm starting to get into now.

IMDB says Black Mariah was in Civil War, I don't remember her though. What did she do?

iirc she was the woman who confronted Stark about her son after his talk at MIT

So can we all agree Luke/Claire >>>> Luke/Jessica

>your fucking face when you realize that Miriam Sharpe was just a persona that Black Mariah created to guilt Tony Stark into signing the Sokovia Accords so that she'll have political fuel to use for Harlem

>ITT: I haven't watched a single episode and am making Cred Forums and Cred Forums memes

But she didn't have a dead son in Luke Cage?

just finished the first episode. pretty good.
so does cottonmouth actually have his powers in this show?
dont tell me hes just a generic mob boss with a funny name

I guess. Jessica Jones was quite unlikable.

Was Misty always defined as being like some crazy good detective? What's up with her sherlock skills

It's the same actress but the character is unrelated.

Even in the comics, she was a NYPD detective before losing her arm.

What? There not enough black actresses to fill the roles Marvel is making?

I think she was casted in Luke Cage before Civil War. Or was it the other way around, I forget.

Does she go full crazy and villainous later because of the photo?

yeah but sherlock holmes?

I was still hoping for Matt/Claire, but I guess that ship never made it out of dry dock.

Kristen Ritter is so fucking ugly and miscast.

It's like the Empire Strikes Black

Claire is actually Luke's love interest

Kek'd

I still can't take that shot of her kissing on his titty seriously

Can't say I blame her, man's got nice titties.

Turk "You Niggas are crazy" Barry is ripe for meme material

Just finished 2 episodes. I like it a lot. I'm black so all the references they keep making to black writers and just general hood speak are dope to hear/see. Great cast too.

I thought Jessica Jones sucked am I going to like Cage?

10/10 boobs

>I'm going back to Hell's Kitchen, WHERE IT'S SAFE!

You're going to watch it either way. Why bother asking?

SPOILER WARNING. I know it isn't a spoiler thread, but fuck it, there is no spoiler thread up atm.

Overall I really liked it. I think I still like Daredevil best. I also prefer Jessica Jones, if only for the storyline and Kilgrave. That said, I love Luke and his power set, and felt the series started off really strong, and then started to flounder the moment they killed off Cottonmouth and Luke got framed.

Things I really disliked...

>Claire as his love interest. I mean, I get in this Jessica was his rebound girl, but I liked what they had and I'm too used to their marriage for it to feel anything but wrong.
>How stupid Misty is, for the majority of the series.
>Bullets that can fuck Luke Cage up. The entire point of him is this can't happen.
>Making these bullets widely available to SWAT. Fucks sake.
>Ending on the obvious set up for the Defenders, where Matt will get him cleared. I was hoping for an ending where he sets up Hero for Hire.

What a dumb question

>sucked
Because I didn't watch Civil War. I didn't watch Agents of Shield or Agent Carter. I'm honestly reaching my end here.

sideboob

This triggered me more than anything

But it makes sense. Only his living cells are super

>Bring da Ruckus starts playing
I'm sold.

I'm a little confused at episode 7. What exactly did the uncle do to make them mad and kill him?

In the flashback I mean.

NIGGA

I am your brother

he was trying to make a power play to expand with the puerto ricans without mama mabel's permission

He went behind Mabel's back to hook up with the Puerto Ricans, and it was heavily implied that he was molesting Mariah.

>ITT: we post lines that mad us laugh, good or bad

>I'm sorry. I loved you like a brother.
>Nigga. I am ya brother.
>roll credits

who you callin' a nigga, negro?

>PULL THE TRIGGER NIGGA

I'm glad that they had a bunch of really hot black chicks that don't just look like light skinned beyonces

Remind me how Jessica Jones got her powers again? I like how they show Luke Cage getting his powers but I don't remember how Jessica Jones got hers.

if you ain't gonna do me right I just might do you wrong

>not all black people are criminals

>Where is Les Paul?

>I don't remember how Jessica Jones got hers.

She got them from a car accident just like Matt you ignorant nigga.

youtube.com/watch?v=UD1eaRDY-q4

actually a good song

I actually laughed when Cottonmouth died. I found it quite silly that Mariah kept yelling "I didn't want it!" over and over again while running and taking the long trip to Cornell's body.

>"So, Luke Freeman?"
>"That's a little on the nose."

I see. I thought it was something more complex and was over thinking it thinking I'd missed something.

Diamondback kind of ruined the whole feel of street level towards the end, and the entirety of Daredevil season 1? I mean, if a well connected crime boss can land a suit that basically makes you into a super-tough villain with super-strength, then why the fuck was Fisk bothering with armor-weave clothes.

Daredevil should get his shit kicked in tomorrow by someone in Hammer-tech who knows a bit more than boxing.

Mr.Purnsley

Nah cottonmouth's final words was she wanted it

The music in this was fucking fantastic. That scene with Jidenna performing and Cottonmouth vibing out on the balcony was GOAT

Lost

I'm pretty sure Fisk and Co. didn't know that Daredevil is enhanced. To them, he's just a dude with mad CQC skills and a stick.

Wearing armor like that is probably overkill, and most likely, too pricey. Also, I'm pretty sure that the Hammer Tech is just leftover scraps they stole or came across in the streets.

I thought that guy was white and was surprised with cottonmouth just being ok with a white dude saying nigga but apparently hes black

I'm glad they're finally getting away from the skepticism that was in Daredevil S2

OH MAN MAGIC NINJAS?! THIS IS IMPOSSIBLE

Aliens literally invaded new york and were fought off by an 18 year old WW2 veteran, a guy in a robot suit, the literal god of thunder, and the not-so-jolly green giant. Why the fuck are you surprised with magic ninjas

>the literal god of thunder
Can we stop with this meme. "Literal god" nothing, he's an alien.

Didn't they like just have an attack of undead ninjas?

No he is a Nordic god

Paganism verified. All other religions need not apply

a god would still be an alien you idiot

you're the kind of faggot who argues that magic ninjas can't be real

>Where's this analogy going animal planet?

Diamondback knew Cage was enhanced so he
came prepared. Fisk probably would do the same if he thought Matt had like super strength or something.

Plus Diamondback seems like the kind of guy to go through hell just to get revenge on Cage so yeah.

Also keep in mind that this is after DD and JJ, the idea of street level heroes is new.

magic UNDEAD ninjas at that

Body structure, personality, charm

also looking like Misty walked right of the page?

>Why are people surprised by there being more freaky things in the world?

Just finished first episode. A bit sluggish. Also Misty Knight in that lace bra and panties. Mmmmm.

Really enjoyed this over all. Few things that bothered me

>"hey I'd hire you for this hero work" *wink* over half a dozen times
>random over emphasis on the word "nigga"
>forced romance shit

>>Claire as his love interest. I mean, I get in this Jessica was his rebound girl, but I liked what they had and I'm too used to their marriage for it to feel anything but wrong.

Claire was his original love interest

And fuck Bendis and his shitty creation

Not so much surprised as much as skeptical

once the Marvel movies happen to the world, there's no reason to think of anything as impossible

>bullets literally made from alien space metal that will eventually run out
>somehow going to mass produce them

this bothered me a bunch.

I fell in love with her.

Nigga what do you mean? The emotion of surprise doesn't go away just cause they saw Thor.

That's what the entire premise of the Marvel universe is about. People being freaked out by mutants and super powered freaks.

You're full of shit, JJ was terrible. This is mediocre at worst.

I like that Cottonmouth's mama was the more violent one and wanted him in the business while his uncle was hesitant to getting him into the live

Just finished episode 8. Was I supposed to recognize who Diamondback was?

Journalism, which of course, includes research.

Yeah you racist, he is from the prison flashback

>your skin cells were bonded with hydrogen covalent bonds...

What did he do in the flashbacks? I legit don't recall ever seeing him before that episode.

Charles Barkley. Pretty cool to find out he got his start much later in like, say 60s.

So what crime did Luke commit in His past

His best friend, the guy that took up 60% of the flashback, other than luke and rena

What? Chuck's in this? I almost want to watch this shit now.

The short dude that was used as leverage for being his friend? They look nothing alike.

He was framed for bicycle theft

I must have missed this Flash back. The only flashbacks I remember were the jail ones and Cottonmouths

If it didnt for AAIronFist, it won't for that.

Robo-arm when?

It is the exact same actor, exact same haircut.

Plus, wasnt The Warrior quotes not enough for you.

>JJ was terrible
Can this meme die? It wasn't terrible, it was just poorly paced and a little preachy.

was pretty good, kinda of a downer ending tho

Was Sister Boy trans? In the scene, Mama Mabel says that "he" got hit in the face, while Cottonmouth says "maybe she should learn to put her hands up like a brother." This is kind of interesting to me, because if Sister Boy is indeed trans (male -> female that is) then this would be a really, really subtle way of showing Cottonmouth's more empathetic and sensitive side especially when compared to Mama Mabel.

Also, major spoilers, but did anyone else feel sad about Cottonmouth's death? I was really rooting for him to just give up the gangster life and "disappear," get a new name and become a musician.

>Plus, wasnt The Warrior quotes not enough for you.
The prison flashbacks didn't have any Warrior quotes. Why would that be a hint?

God damn, Cottonmouth's backstory was fucked up.
his uncle wanted to keep him out of all this shit, too ;0;

It was poorly paced, poorly edited, with poor sound design, a poor villain and a poor protagonist.

Yeah, Sistah boy is exactly what his name implies.

The guy that plays Luke isn't intimidating at all.

Cottonmouth was great
Diamondback was great
soundtrack was great
overall great

Dunno. Seems like demand for them is there. They did have chemistry that she may not have with Finn Jones.

Yeah but the name changed. He's called Willis in the episode but Squabbles in the flashback. Plus I thought Squabbles died.

The villain was good. Although I guess you could call him a poor villain in that he had a more sympathetic backstory than the protagonist.

They look almost nothing alike

Liking it. Just started 8, worried that we hit the midseason arch and that they won't stick the landing.

There a recommended reading list for Luke?

Exactly. Why the show expected me to realize they were the same person is what got me. I had to come to here to ask who he was and get the answer here to figure it out.

Hate to say it but I'm not feeling it so far.
Colter isn't really helping the show, he's not a great actor and it really shows in episode 4.

>Diamondback was great
He really should have been the villain for the whole season. I just got to episode 11 where his whole blaxploitation vibe just ramped up a notch and he's the best fucking character in a marvel tv show yet, or at least the most fun to watch.

Just got to the part where Mabel has Cottonmouth kill his uncle.
So fucked up.

It's about to get more fucked up in 5 mins

Fuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuck it did.

I agree he should've been the main villain, but the comic backstory was perfect.

I HATE the fact that they're brothers.

better fight choreography than daredevil. The music is amazing.

>better fight choreography than daredevil
>spot the ruse

Bradley.

When will Danny come on?

This was after Jessica jones.

The show really should have been 10 episodes.

where does this shit takes place
episode 5 with that fine ass brown goddess of fertility tells his gringa mother what happened to daredevil season 2 and jessica jones
but luke is not even boning jessica or in contact with her he even boned that detective

It takes place after Jessica Jones and sometime during season 2 of Daredevil.

>sometime during season 2 of Daredevil
Really? I though it was after all of the other shows

>retconned Luke cage so he's not Daniels buddy

And now I have a boner again.

????

Man, I sure am glad I watched all of Agents of Shield. I would have missed and not caught so many things from this show had I not.

Kek. Just kidding. I don't watch the not cannon adventures of Agents of Shit.

side characters and side stories here are concise and well written and full of character
compare it to jessica jones fucking autistic neighbor lesbian gender bent lawyer and a drug addict
none of them even makes sense or helped the plot

>Where is Les Paul?
kek'd right here

>Wheres my money

>fucking autistic neighbor lesbian gender bent lawyer
>implying she isn't a top-tier waifu

They are allowed to say 'fuck'?

It's Netflix, not ABC. The FCC doesn't control that content; Marvel's Netflix shit can say whatever the fuck it wants. Did you really not know that?

I only knew that Marvel only allows them to say shit but not fuck. Also, no real nudity.

is he retarded
why didnt he just bend his hands

Holy shit that Sway in the Morning scene with Method Man. This is fucking great

And you believed that?

i like how cottonmouth is not a fucking keikaku piece of shit
he doesnt have everything planned and just go along with everything he did even if he fucks up

He seems to do nothing but fuck up.

Fucking boring, more like. My girlfriend refused to watch past the second episode.

>You Harlem niggas are of the hook, I'm going back to Hell's Kitchen where it's safe.

Jessica said Fuck all the time

Man you're retarded.
They haven't even met yet

Are you sure you watched Daredevil or JJ?

That line he said " I sent you to hell and you got super powers ain't that a bitch." fucking perfect.

>Goes back to Hell's Kitchen run by a far more dangerous man with a far more brutal vigilant.

>run by a far more dangerous man
Not right now.

>"What type of John-Claude, Gotye shit is this. What are you a pimp stormtrooper?"
>"No. I'm the Angel of Death"

The psychologist is white and pretty up and up.

So if there were giant flying snake monsters, the aliens themselves, and all their gear as seen in the Avengers, that metal probably wouldn't be as rare?

I don't know much about comics Cage, was he ever a pseudo-Spiderman as far as motivations go like in the show?

pretty much.

You might just not like black people dude

I really liked the actor who played Shades. To me he looked like Adam Sandler.

so it's unanimously decided it's good?
I haven't had the chance to watch it yet and I want to know what to expect

He got powers and used them to make money. That was his motivation from the beginning.
It's good, better watch it before it becomes popular and people decide it sucks.

Not as good as both DDs but still aight

It's more consistent than DD2.

It's better than parts of DD.

I'm going to watch it regardless but I'll probably be late because of uni assignments
DD2 kinda lost its way towards the second half of the season but I still like it
is the LC choreography on the level of DD?

>is the LC choreography on the level of DD?
It was mostly pretty solid, but I think it suffered for use of CGI. The bit with Diamondback and Luke in the theater was especially jarring because they obviously couldn't fight in the real theater, it's a heritage building.

cheers, can't wait to watch it some time next week

>episode 7
Mariah just had a Nigga Moment. youtube.com/watch?v=Zhgwy9y5ttA

Cottonmouth wasn't put in prison, murdered.
Black Mariah and Shades weren't put in prison, Mariah was even smiling on her way out.
Diamondback gets super powers, he's outright rewarded for his violent crimes.

These Netflix shows are depressing. The system never ever ever ever works. The bad guys never stay in jail, nothing sticks. If you want results then murder is your only real option. Comic books need to tell thousands of stories, multiple issues come out every month. So bad guys always getting out of jail makes sense in that realm. But in a contained movie/show universe it could have been different.

I still enjoyed the show. But the ending is depressing.

Just like real life.

Yeah, this is probably the darkest one yet.

Which part of NYC does Frank castle operate in?

Hell's Kitchen.

They're trying to build up tension so that there's a good reason for them to all team up and make a difference when it's time for The Defenders.

And then Kingpin wins and becomes a villain in the movies.

I also heard this from a white, nerdy, conservative, grandpa co-worker. Really interested to hear what it's like now.

Generally speaking, he probably doesn't limit himself to anywhere anymore. He was in Hell's Kitchen, but the most likely scenario is that after the events of DD season 2, he's not in New York any more.
Most likely he's keeping an ear out for any news of Kingpin getting out of prison though.

>Kingpin's actor as Kingpin in a movie

That would be pretty cool, desu.

So Punisher Season 1 will be Frank in California or something?

Throw a bulletproof wrench in anyone's gears and watch well they handle it. What could he have actually done?

>Dat tonal clash

What Mariah told him to do.
Drown him, poison him, burn him...

Better make it a Spider-Man movie for maximum effect.

Anyone catch that Collen Wing easter egg? Apparently she runs self defence classes that Claire is planning on taking. That's probably how she'll meet Danny

Yea I'm not Matt.

When's Iron Fist coming out again?

I see what you did there.

Unlike Matt.

Can you explain it to me? This whole thing seems a little foggy to me.

Are we gonna get to see Claire's boobs in the future?

I'll try to be frank about it so you understand.

the actress has done nude before, kid.

So long as we're on the same page.

Hehe

I know

>Defenders
>bad guys miss everyone but Luke

He's saying it's not really surprise, but the incredulity. Like, it's fine to be surprised, but to be adamant about how "it's not possible"? That's a totally different thing from just being shocked at something existing.

Yeah, they'll form The Defenders. But I can't see the ending being any different. It'll be the same old shit. After massive amounts of violence and carnage and deaths of loved ones the heroes will feel depressed about how they're not doing any good, the nurse will give them a pep talk, but then after the final battle none of the charges actually stick since the system is broken to the point of parody. All of the vigilante efforts will just be a minor setback to the crime syndicates and super villains. No hope. No change. Only misery. It's over before it even began.

Why are the writers doing this? They're pushing a nihilistic narrative that proves Frank Castle is right.

Any brothers in here cringe a little with the opening barber shop scene?

Also
>Those weak-ass edge ups

Anyone else watching the show by playing it in the background while reading the thread?

I'm /comfy/ too, user

Because there's gotta be a syndicate for the next guy to fight, I'm guessing.

Question: I haven't seen Daredevil Season 2 (I've seen only the first 5-6 episodes). Should I watch Luke Cage or go back and watch Daredevil first?

>that acid bath scene
Look, guys, it's clear he's not actually going to die, stop pretending.

watched 2 episodes, good so far, would watch it just for watching misty tits.

first two episodes are the only times they're really noticeable

Nah it doesn't matter much. You might get spoiled on a couple of minor things in episode 5 (if you really give a shit just skip Claire's first scene), but it's mostly just oblique references

Gross. I hate Colleen's boring ass. But I also hate Jessica. So a Luke/Danny/ Midty sandwich while Mattt weeps over his dead girlfriends is what I want.

shiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiitttttttttttttttttttttttt....

>Mattt weeps over his dead girlfriends
Nah he's gonna get some of that zombie Electra puss

Just started episode 12.

Why did Cage break out of the cop van and not coopoerate with the police?

But why is Danny in the middle?

Cause Danny is smaller. Also comic Luke makes some interesting jokes about it. Even read a gay Powerman/Iron fist fan book.

> Gay Powerman/ Ironfist fan book

I can't tell what's a joke and what's real anymore.

Cause he's a whiny bitch crying about Misty and Luke is a beast who fucked his girl and many others.

Watching the first episode and holy shit Luke Cage is rude, that bitch at the bar would have set it off oh him instantly.

Also
>le forced negro idioms.

>"an oldhead"
not
>"a oldhead"
If you're gonna attempt the 'ebonics' commit all the way.

>that Wu Tang Clan cameo

Gay

Wtf

Does she look notably west Indian? I didn't even know west Indians had a specific look, but they called her the "west Indian looking chick"

That is not a joke at least

No, she just pretended to be on the phone with someone else and got him go confess to her. It wouldn't be good enough for a conviction tho

>Where's my money?
Fucking lost it when he just popped up out of nowhere. Holy shit.

Only been through 5 episodes so far, but
>Turk at the end of Ep 2
>"...you look like a damn fool..."
>"PULL THE TRIGGA NIGGA"

I'm fuckin hooked.

I desperately hope that they respect the chemistry of that pair. JJ and Luke have no reason to be together

It's my fetish

She admits it later

Honestly this. I really really really hope the writers of defenders just dont give a fuck and ignore that shit tier marriage

>the only superfreak we like is Rick James
kek

Don't care what anyone says on this, Jessica was a good character. And kilgrave was a good villain. Idk how you guys expect angry broken protganists to behave, but Jess was a damn good one

>I ain't no hero, pay me.

are there any A$AP Mob cameos in the show?

Those are two totally different actors and characters, you racist fuck. Can't even tell two black people apart. Sad and pathetic

Any one else find it ironic that

They spend so much time not trusting the system, but trusting the system ultimately would have saved Candace and put Mirah in prison?

>son of a preacher man starts playing
Now that's just corny.

They aren't the same character. There aren't flashbacks of diamondback until later

It shows anytime he has to display real emotion

First series to suggest that they needed both a healthy distrust of a the system but an acknowledgement of where their power falls short

Wait. Where did Diamondback get all his cool shit from?

Nigerian in fact