This is the greatest comic movie ever made. Prove me wrong

This is the greatest comic movie ever made. Prove me wrong.

>Protip

You can't.

Most of Cred Forums wasn't old enough to see this movie when it came out

Please don't say shit like that. It makes me so sad.

Also, OP is an idiot. That movie was a shit apadptation.

You can't prove "greatest" either way because it is a subjective property.

Catwoman could be the greatest superhero movie ever made as far as "proving it" goes.

...fuck.

A good example when you go word for word, panel for panel for multiple parts of the movie and seeing how it plays out

No comic book movie has done this (Yes yes the end was different). I mean the rest of the movie.

The Watchmen comic almost acted as a story board for the movie and having characters with inner monologues or narrators (Something common in comics but lacking in comic book movies) really helped

Average posting age on Cred Forums due to data mining from linking your Youtube accounts to your Google Plus accounts is 16. So they were old enough, just not legally old enough to see it

It's not word for word or panel for panel. Loads of things were moved around or otherwise changed to the point that the story doesn't even make sense any more.

American Splendor, Crumb, Ghost World, the list could go on...

I'm sorry you are so retarded that even a simple movie like Watchmen is tough to understand.

Your social life must equally suffer due to this flaw.

I will be posting this and walking away from this thread so don't bother responding, just let it simmer.

Watchmen is a great movie that is based on a great comic book, but it is a very poor adaptation of the comic book. It works much better on its own because it goes against so much of what the message of the comic book was, while bringing in its own messages that are just as valid.

Spider-Man 2 was the legitimate GOAT of comic book films because it transcended being just another comic book flick starring your favorite cartoon characters come to life and ultimately became a statement about the human condition as a whole. It was a comic book film that was so good that people with no previous knowledge of the Spider-Man mythos could enjoy.

I think on a surface level, one might equivocate the tone of Watchmen or something like The Dark Knight for depth but upon a deeper introspective look at comic book films as a whole, Spider-Man 2 is infinitely deeper than any other comic book movie out there despite its goofy tone.

If anything, Spider-Man 2 is less of a comic book film and much more an existential film about a man defining himself for himself. He finds a meaning in something that he previously was only doing out of guilt and shame and learns to find a deeper meaning to motivate his actions.

Sure, you could bring up Watchmen's deontology vs utilitarianism debate, but people fail to realize that these are bastardized versions of the ethical theories, not so much them in their truest form or "if taken to the logical extremes". The determinism vs free will debate in the character analysis of Dr. Manhattan is also something to take note, although the debate itself is never fully fleshed out and as a result it just seems like a sidenote or subplot in the film/comic.

Spider-Man 2 is much more of a complete film as it explores the themes and then runs them to a satisfying ending. The Watchmen touches upon some deep themes but fails to truly represent them to a satisfying degree. The arguments raised in Watchmen are certainly interesting, but are not elaborated upon enough to give a fair account of each position. Hence, while films like Watchmen and The Dark Knight are fine in their own right, they are like popcorn flicks to the Citizen Kane of comic book films, Spider-Man 2.

>movie was a shit apadptation.

That's irrelevant when talking about the quality of a movie. But i can't hope Cred Forums to have better standards

see

>Average posting age on Cred Forums due to data mining from linking your Youtube accounts to your Google Plus accounts is 16
What? How would you relate either of those to Cred Forums posters?

This is a perfect post.tortullas deerfield

Cred Forums is well known for how casual and dumb out posters are, it's a extremely young board. This is a board where most people where introduced to comics after civil war or during GL rebirth

okay

You know that every time you use the captcha, you are agreeing to let the site know if you are logged into Youtube or Google Plus.

Read the terms and services. How do you think Cred Forums makes money? A fucking single ad?

Get with it

Oh right, forgot about the google captchas. How did we get the information from that, though? Some hack or leak?

Aight, I'm gonna need a source on this one.

You're retarded or just have never read Watchmen. Most of the movie is a 1:1 of not only the plot but also the dialogue and layout. You are just wrong about it not being an almost exact copy outside of the ending being changed, which ImO was for the better and served the same purpose. The movie still get across the point that the world is so fucked up that youd have to kill a bunch of people to stop its destruction and its easiest to unite people under hate.

16 is not old enough to see an R Rated movie legally. Your point is entirely invalid.

what? 7 year olds browse Cred Forums?

>t. a 13 year old

I think it adapts the themes to the modern day pretty well, commenting on Schumaker's Batman via Adrian the same way Moore commented on prep-time Batman.

And turning the "uniting against the aliens" into "uniting against an icon of power" thus shifting the commentary into something I felt was more relevant.

It does keep plenty of the book's ideas though, especially in the Ultimate Cut with the pirate cartoon spliced into it and the in-universe documentary about the in-universe book old Nightowl wrote.

Look, I loved the Watchmen movie and the book, and I think it keeps the themes going pretty well, but the ending definitely was changed.

The book is about how uniting under fear doesn't ever work in the long term, while the movie's ending is about how uniting under hate doesn't work in the long term.

The ending being changed doesnt change the fact that almost every other scene in the movie is a 1:1 with the layout and dialogue in the comic. Youd have to be autistic to not think that.

You're wrong.

A lot of the scenes work great in isolation due to being very close adaptations, but it doesn't hang together as a whole.

Go away hipsters shoo shoo

How does it not hang together as a whole? Just reread the book then watched the movie and its exactly the same. Snyder didn't take liberties with anything except the ending. Thats a pretty stupid thing to say. Almost as dumb as people saying it was hard to follow. Maybe everyone else is just a lot less intelligent than I give them credit for.

Actual best comic book movie isn't even based on a specific comic, just comics in general.

The DC with the freeze frame, comic panel scene transitions is actively worse than the theatrical without them, though. It LOOKS like a comic book anyway, don't need to beat the audience over the head with it.

Books and films are paced differently. A structure which works on the page doesn't necessarily work on the screen.

Plus it has that amazing train sequence, which is the absolute best superhero scene ever set to film. (Seriously, its only flaw is the dumb faces Tobey makes when he's trying to stop the train.)

It is with parental supervision. This point is stupid anyway.

>angry child who wasnt old enough to watch it

I never said it wasnt

That doesn't make it a good movie, though. (Nor does it make the movie a good adaptation.)

Maybe if you arent handicapped it does.

Those transitions really killed the flow of the movie.

The book Atlas Shrugged ends with its "hero" (and I use that term very loosely) making a long-ass speech that takes up a good chunk of the book. If that speech had been adapted 1:1 for the film version, it would've likely needed to be its own film.

Pacing in books/comics is different than pacing in film. If you believe otherwise, you'd do well to disabuse yourself of the notion.

>Prove me wrong

OK

From one to 10, how badly did this adaptation miss the point?

Yeah. I lost my shit when I realised the Netflix version was the theatrical cut. It's not quite a proper blu-ray restoration, but it's a hell of a lot nicer than the old DVD, and I'll take a pretty good HD transfer of the original over a great one of the DC any day.

Then why does phoneposting evade bans?

Spider-man 2, The Dark knight, Kick-ass were all better.

some comics aren't meant to be translated or maybe zack synder sucks and it would've been better as a hbo tv series.