They say every character someone's favorite character

They say every character someone's favorite character.

What are favorites that you've met little to no other fans of?

I have yet to meet another fan of Martian Manhunter or Aquaman in real life

Ginger, smart, cute, what's not to like?

Cyclone is a good choice.

Pic related, Dawnstar, is mine. I'm surprised the push for diversity hasn't brought her to the light again.

Redheads in green outfits are the best.

IRL, maybe, but plenty of fans across the internet.

Why did X-23 get to be a breakout star when it wasn't even her book?

IT'S NOT FAIR

Totally. I convinced my redhead friend to replace most of her wardrobe with green.

It just works, can't think of any other hair color that does that. Just works with a specific color.

Howard the Duck is my favorite Marvel character.

I think Persuasion has never been used to her fullest potential.

I wonder what the fuck happened to Southpaw.

Every DC fan knows him, but I'm the only person I've met who has him as their favorite.

>fellow Legion fan
I swear, there's only like 50 of us left anywhere.

>I'm surprised the push for diversity hasn't brought her to the light again.
Because she's an outrageous ethnic stereotype. There's a very good reason she was replaced by Shikari in Reboot.

Orion

I dunno, I think she could be tastefully done.

Morbius, Bishop, Black Knight and Wonder-Man.

I like both of them a lot!

You just want to oggle ambiguously brown tits.

Don't worry, so do I

Mein niegger. It's sad that for most people he's just "the guy who jobs to darkseid".

As for the thread, the spectre.

I'm not baiting

The show seems to be doing him justice, though his brother is supposed to be mentally ill instead of just physically.

A Ghost Rider car is just such a damn cool concept

I actually liked Reyes. So the show is doing pretty good this season? Didn't even know it came back already.

>What are favorites that you've met little to no other fans of?

Are we talking IRL?

It's pretty good. Though, I liked Seasons 2 and 3 also. Coulson, Mack, Quake, and Fitz keep me watching.

As for Robbie, we've seen more of him in vigilante mode than his actual daily life. But so far, it seems to be good.

Reyes has a ton of fans man. He's the best attempt at a new Ghost Rider in a long while. It's a shame what happened to his ongoing though.

I've always been fond of the Phantom Stranger myself

His ongoing, at least initially, was a good mix between 90s X-TREMEism and a millennial superhero.

Okay, let's brainstorm this.

First thing, "selective breeding" goes right the fuck away. Second, tone down the tassels and moccasins. Third, decide exactly how brown she is, it has always bugged me that she will frequently shift from one shade to another.

Honestly? This guy. Everyone knows about him, but I've only met a few other people who actually name him as their fave. As soon as that dumbfuck power level stuff started, it became harder to just talk about The Flash. Big Bang Theory didn't help either. My Flash t-shirt became a Sheldon t-shirt for a couple years.

If we were to split it up by company, then Patriot of the Young Avengers is my second answer. I love that character, but Marvel sure don't.

I want to see Robbie Reyes and Overdrive team up. Give me a tricked out Ghost Rider school bus or swan boat or something.

They are not unknown characters, just not popular to have fans.

>He will never make a proper comeback in Marvel
>Marvel will never let the rights go so he can start showing up in Transformers

feels bad man

MM problem is that he was never featured in the Superfriens tv show, Firestorm and Cyborg are part of the Superfriends in later seasons.

Like actual favorite favorite?

Silver Surfer. Never met another fan in real life but I'm certain they're out there.

As far as my more general faves, I really dig Adam Strange and Wildfire. Doubt there are many other big fans of them out there.

Dunno how odd it is to like but for some reason I like a lot of female sidekicks like Ravager, Donna Troy, Cassandra Cain etc

I never seem to find people who have knowledge of Jean as anything, but edgy batman.

Does Superman Red/Blue count? I liked that.

Cir-El. She only showed up for 6 issues.

The Wildcats. Best superhero team ever. Have read all their appareances. I was in tears when I found out that they were coming back.

Hawkman.

ANGR had massive buzz here and I remember there being quite a bit of hype for it online over the sexy art

it was also well written and Robbie is a cool character who has plenty to set him apart from Johnny aside from being EL CHOFER FANTASMO cielito-lindo.mp3

what killed it?

Loved him during no mans land. Then again, everyone was at their best during that.

I had a huge fascination with Cyber as a kid in the early 90's, All because I read on the back of his Marvel trading card that Cyber is the only man Wolverine fears.

He's not my top fav, but he's my favorite mystical DC character.

I don't know anyone that loves Scarecrow as much as I do, or has him as their top Batman villian favorite.

Bleez
Captain Boomerang
Livewire
Parasite

I've met maybe two, at the very most three genuine fans out there. The rest I've had to build myself.

>there's only like 50 of us left anywhere.
There's quite a lot of people but we're kind of splintered, as it is. CBR has a bunch of ultra old school duds who won't accept anything published after 1971, Tumblr has quite a few people who are obsessed with the usual Tumblr stuff (and a comparable huge group of people who are obsessed with the cartoon and nothing else) and Cred Forums and some older sites have a slew of waifufags who don't care about anything else. The 'boots really don't help either.

Easily one of my favorite Spider-man stories, Electro is a criminally underrated character that most writers just use as a generic bank robber instead of a guy with a severe inferiority complex.

The moment they cast Jamie Foxx, I knew they were going to just do a wikipedia tier skim of him. But I guess I should be thankful that movie was so bad and that direction wasn't the dominant interpretation of him?

I think that I'm the only person that likes her.

She was in that one animated Justice League DTV, right? If that had been a series instead and come out around the early 2000's, she'd have gotten the push you want.

No one else likes him as a teen.

To be fair, you may be the only person that remembers her.

Eh. I enjoyed teen Lyrl's Starscream-y antics.

Frankly, it's worthy of note to discover other people who have even heard of L.E.G.I.O.N.

Robbie's got a new ongoing starting in November, anons! It's a continuation of the first series.

And on the topic of Latin/Hispanic characters: I really dug what they were doing with Vibe in New 52.

My dude.

Yeah, it's pretty unknown even amongst comic fans, which is a pity because it's probably one of the most amusing comics I've read.

You know it's weird, everyone loves plastic man, but I don't think I've ever met a hardcore plastic man fan.

I don't know if you're restricting it to the comics version, but the tv show version is a fan favorite

I haven't seen too many fans of Victor Mancha, even though he was a fantastic addition to the cast. I've encountered even less people who liked this couple, which was the BKV-approved ship

Surprised no one has said Etrigan yet.

Seriously one of my favorite DC characters ever. He needs to be used more.

Hey guys, for real does anyone actually like the Fantastic Four?

Or at least, is it anyone's favorite cape comic?

The only things inherent to the group that I can find compelling are:
1. Reeds guilt about turning Grimm into a freak and feeling worse about failing to turn him back. Ok, good dynamic there.
2. Ben Grimm having to come to terms with his new condition that a)Sucks for him but b)Give him power to save others. Alright, cool, I can dig that character struggle thing.
And 3)Doom. Cause he's just a riot

But beyond those you have what? The wife, whose normal and her spunky kid brother?

Help me out. Not trying to be a dick or shit on anyone's enjoyment, I am genuinely curious.

TLDR; What up w/ F4?

Your one hope is that he'll show up in a Guardians of the Galaxy movie, but at that point he'll be changed so much for the normie audience that he becomes unrecognizable anymore. Monkey's paw.

But he did show up last X-Men '92.

I like Fantastic Four. Wouldn't say its my favorite, though.

Oh, I love Cisco Ramon on The Flash to pieces (the noises I made when The Glasses came into play)!

But yeah, I'm talking more in terms of comics. I dig the whole idea of Vibe's character/powers, and I really liked what they were doing with him in his own series/JLA during New 52.

I'd like to see him back in print again, especially with Cicso being more in the spotlight with The Flash.

Hulkling

Definitely one of my favorites

Anyone with taste likes Adam Warlock.

She's not one of my faves or anything, but I liked her. I even read that crappy sequel mini that tried to pretend X-23 was never there.

Well, outside of Cred Forums i have never met someone that are fans of them...or know they exist...

It made me glad that he got a push during secret invasion, sure he went back to obscurity but for a short while he was popular.

Have you met Tumblr's YA fandom recently?

There's a chick who's "fictionkin" with him on there, amongst others.

I dony know anyone who reads comics as much as I do irl. Thats not saying much either im a newfag

The Tornado Champion, Red Tornado

This, I don't talk to a lot of comic fans in person so of course I won't meet anyone who likes the Metal Men in person.

There was a spergish dude at CBR if that means anything. Last time I checked was when they cancelled their forums.

I love the Neal Adams run, but not enough to actively hunt for the character the way I have with Atom.

You should go meet Didio next time you're at a con.

>implying I'll ever have enough money to go to a con in America

Even if I ever did meet Didio, I'd be hard pressed to bring up anything but the monumentally stupid things that have happened at DC under his watch.

I met a kid cosplaying as him. Told him he was awesome

Man-Bat. Specifically the Man-Bat that fought crime and was a part of the extended Batfamily.

Mah nigga. You just described me. The Wildstorm Universe can't come back soon enough.

son of vulcan. but dc is never bringing mikey back

Martian Manhunter is my favorite and I've also never met another fan in real life.

>people at work know I read comics
>"Who's your favorite superhero user?"
>Answer truthfully because honesty and foolishness
>They look at me weird and I lose all my "woah he knows MCU secrets" nerdcred

Comics are niche. Unless you go to cons or something, everyone but Superman, Batman, Deadpool, and the movie X-Men and Avengers are going to qualify for this thread.

If you add in, "in real life," as a qualifier.

Even Superman is waning in popularity these days.

They're my favorite book/team.

Animal Man, the Metal Men and the Immortal Weapons are some of my favorites.

Me too, user.

I see more Superman shirts than I do clothing for any other character. I think his haters are just vocal, and mostly online.

Man of Steel also did better than Batman Begins, despite the vocal anti-fanbase Superman's acquired over the last few decades.

Swamp Thing is the one character where I buy any series regardless of who's writing it.

Even someone like Batman is debatable. Sure he's a pop culture icon due to movies and cartoons and games, but how many can claim to truly care about the character and his history?

New52 Ralph Dibny.

My favorites make me look like a hipster fuckass, but I swear, I just like them. Never met another IRL fan of:

Captain Marvel/Shazam (small cabal of fans here and other places online, but nothing major)
Plastic Man (same as above)
Brother/Doctor Voodoo (literally never met another fan)
Mr. Terrific (same as Voodoo)
Blood Syndicate (forgotten by many)
Captain Atom (lolexplodes in anything that isn't his own book)
Nova (lots of fans on Cred Forums but haven't met any anywhere else)

Black Panther fans were scarce as fuck until Cap 3: Civil War came out.

I love Deadman. Red Tornado's my 2nd fave.

Dam, Son. My wheelhouse!

>Red Tornado's my 2nd fave

Gonna need to have to you explain yourself.

Until that one thread recently, I thought I was the only fan of Slingers alive.