How do you guys feel about the future of CN

>Adventure Time is ending with Season 9 (2017-18) and a movie
>Regular Show is ending with season 8 (16-17)
>Gumball is ending with season 6 (17-18) on the creator's terms
>Uncle Grandpa ending with "season 5" (actually 2nd half of production season 3) (16-17)
>SU still going strong, no announcement of a new season yet but "season 5" (same deal as UG) is known to exist
>Clarence we don't know, some speculate it might be ending, others hope for more, but right now we have up to "season 3" (2nd half of production season 2)
>I don't recall any news on more seasons of We Bare Bears either (currently on "season 2", actually 2nd half of production season 1)
>PPG is getting a 2nd season confirmed
>new Ben 10 coming along
>Mighty Magiswords has a full series now
>while there's no proper announcement, a shit ton of different things are implying that OK KO is getting a full series
>one of those sources (the animation guild blog) also states that there's gonna be a full Long Live the Royals series

and on the WB animation front
>TTG is still going strong with a 4th season
>The new Tom and Jerry still exists but every continues to not give a shit
>Wabbit might be over because the first season is done (on DVD and digital releases) and no future seasons announced?
>Be Cool Scooby Doo is still going, albeit also with no 2nd season announced
>Bunnicula season 2 confirmed
>Right Now Kapow is a disney XD show
>Justice League Action is coming soon

I'm glad Wabbit is canceled. Bad animation, bad redesigns, bad voices.
You can just tell nobody working on that show wants to be there. Looney Toons Show wasn't a masterpiece but fucking hell it didn't deserve to be replaced with THAT.

All the new shows look cute. Seems like they canceled a lot more programs than ones they greenlit for new series.

I guess all those timeslot gaps will be replaced with even MORE teen titans. Feels bad, man.

i dunno dude i feel like the good times might be over
then again this could just be a little hiccup in a continuing renaissance
I'll tell you one thing, this OK KO thing looks okay, assuming that this is the NEW art, and the pilot short i saw was the OLD art. because this looks a fuckton better. a fuckton.. but almost nothing else coming out soon looks good. much of it's not THAT bad but it's like, an insult to what it could be (ben 10, justice league action, etc)

So long as my favorite pilots are greenlit, I'll be happy. It's sad to see so many new shows let go.

yeah this is the new art

There's actually 3 stages to the art: Pilot, Mobile Game (a de-tumblr nosed version of the pilot art), and the current style

>Seems like they canceled a lot more programs than ones they greenlit for new series.
depends on whether or not both Clarence and WBB get the boot: if neither of them or only one of them does then it's equal on the CN studios front (and the non-ttg WB shows don't have a presence on the schedule really)

And mind you, the three mobile shirts came with their own art styles. So LPT was a long time coming.

awesome
i'm gonna get in on this fandom early then. i need that experience of AT fanart shit again. It felt so amazing

Did you mean Shit Reboot Network?

Nick and Disney are getting reboots too.

Is over 30% of their programming dedicated to reboots?

Pretty soon, it will be.

Welp until then we can all remember that the once great CN was the one who started the end.

You can't even blame this on CN. Hollywood in general is one big reboot magnet. Look how many Disney movies are being rebooted as we speak.

Are you people stupid enough to think that cartoons will just stop existing when all of this is cancelled?

New shit will be there when all this crap is gone.

People are just sad that their favorites are ending.
That being said, CN has been announcing cancellations but no greenlights. You'd thing they would announce more new shows.

They're the ones to do it with children's television though.

I think we'll have to wait another five or six years before another good boom period.

Seems like they're giving all their lukewarm shorts full series just to fill the gaps. From what I've heard SU and nuPPG are both ratings septic tanks, but marketable as hell. I could care less about another Ben 10 or any of the current rehashes of old shows like Bugs or Scooby or Tom & Jerry.

The only thing I'm halfway looking forward to is JLA, but it's not like it'll be radically different than what we've seen already.

SU's getting good ratings

Again, it's following the leader.
>Hey these studios are making big bucks from doing remakes of older. What if we did something like that with shows we own the rights to?

Not only that but SU is barely getting on the merch train, compared to PPG which had a toy line announced before the show aired.

Well CN could have held their specific medium sacred but they didn't. They were the start of the fall in children's television. Sugar coat it all you want, try to white knight them all you want and scream "B-but someone else did it too!!!!1", they're the cause of this particular sector of entertainment becoming talentless, cheaply made garbage.
Aint no excuse for 30% of their programming to be TTG alone.

The stuff that's ending isn't done airing though.

Now that I'm not sure is accurate. Hot Topic has all kinds of SU crap, from the Funkos, clothes, backpacks, jewelry, etc. I've only seen nuPPG toysets.

of all the pilots they have ready to go and they pick Long Live the Royals and Mighty Magiswords

Here's hoping LWPT gets some love from marketing so people are actually aware of when its coming out

1. I'm not trying to white knight them, I'm just saying how it is.
2. Holy shit grow the fuck up. You have to understand that CN is a business first and foremost; "holding shit sacred" never got anyone a dollar. That's why TTG gets played daily; more episodes, more money. That's entertainment and if you don't realize that, you are naive as all hell. Hollywood as a whole thrives on cheap and talentless if they can get away with it.
3. Really; reboots are what's killing children's entertainment? Out of everything that's wrong with children's media, you focus on that small sector?

I admit it's kind of outdated info; SU has been catching up in merch since 2015.
That being said, HT also has a line of PPG clothing out with more to come.

TV is pretty much going to die, period.

>>Hey these studios are making big bucks from doing remakes of older. What if we did something like that with shows we own the rights to?
Howbout
>hey these studios are making big bucks because they own the rights to old shit people still remember, let's make shit people will remember 20 years down the line, to cement our retirement plans!
>"holding shit sacred" never got anyone a dollar.
It.. sort of does. No audience likes being insulted. They want the people making things to show respect to their audience at least.

It could have been worse; they could have picked up Bottom's Butte or Apple and Onion.

Yeah basically. If you're a cn fanboy that's cool, I've just lost all respect for them because they clearly don't give a shit about the garbage they produce.
Only reason ttg makes any money at all is precisely because they air it non stop. When kids have fucking nothing to compare it to and have zero choices then yeah they're gonna watch it.

And yes, I'd say brainwashing kids to be talentless hacks who rely on copying other people and bastardizing their hard work for pennies is whats wrong with childrens media. We should be encouraging them to have a fucking original thought for once in their lives. Shitty fanfiction is not art. If you can't rub two brain cells together and create something original you have no business in life and should probably kill yourself.

Because Transformers made billions of dollars by respecting their audiences.

You do realize the term shitty fanfiction has no meaning in actual fiction right?
Case in point; the Lion King is basically Kimba meets Hamlet. It's the most commercially and critically successful film in Disney canon.
But please; let's see you put out something original for the masses if you think entertainment is failing that bad.

Right, because Nick and Disney clearly give a damn about what they're putting out.

>And yes, I'd say brainwashing kids to be talentless hacks who rely on copying other people and bastardizing their hard work for pennies is whats wrong with childrens media. We should be encouraging them to have a fucking original thought for once in their lives. Shitty fanfiction is not art. If you can't rub two brain cells together and create something original you have no business in life and should probably kill yourself.
You're in that edgy teen phase aren't you?

Again, white knight and fan boy all you want. CN is still shit, and the cause of the new wave of shit. Go suck CNs dick some more or something. You guys are just mad because your precious love is garbage and you don't want to admit it.
"B-b-but other people suck too!"
This isn't a thread about them. It's about fucking CN, and why they're in the shitter. Stop derailing and just fucking admit they're shit.

Again money; what would you rather take a chance on?
A reboot of a show that has been a proven success or on a show that is an original IP but has a 50% chance of flopping?
I'm not defending these actions I just have an understanding of them.

>implying I'm mad
>implying I'm a CN shill
>implying I'm the same guy
>this whole post
Now I know you're underaged. Either that or you're just a faggot.

>OMG stop defending CN! You can't handle the fact that people are calling them shit!
>Stop talking about Nick and Disney!
Interesting...

it's not. It's one of the lowest rated shows on the network. It will be ending soon.

Source?

pay attention to how many of the crew are still working on it.

I just checked.
They still have the crew they started out with, give or take.

his ass ha ha

but no seriously you got baited

>Stop talking about other networks in a thread about Cartoon Network.
Yeah please do. I never once said Dis and Nick were any good, I never said anything about them period because this fucking thread isn't about them.
>H-ha I'm totally not samefagging They wont know I'm samefagging if I go out of my way to say I'm not samefagging
Also never once said you were the same dude, just that it all fucking applied to you too autismo. If you're going to defend this level of garbage, then just remember that you too are garbage.

... and? People move on from other shows to do new shows all the time. AT had people leaving in Seasons 3 and 4 and it's not ending until Season 9.

And I never shit talked those shows. I was just using them as examples.
>X did this and had great success with it so naturally Y would follow up for matching success.
But it seems you can't handle other people's opinions and accuse me of supporting CN.

All the shows I like except Steven Universe are coming to a close, even Uncle Grandpa, and the future of Clarence is unclear. It's fucking miserable and it's all being replaced by shit. The new JL show doesn't look too bad but that's about it. well, the vambre show isn't too bad but still

Honestly the single thing that looks suspect is Danny Hynes (lead character designer) leaving to work on Pinky Malinky but even then they'll probably promote Aleth (the current non-lead character designer) and get a new non-lead character designer or something

Only 4 people have left SU anyways, one of which is probably getting his own show.

because you are supporting cn lmao. You're saying its ok for this shit because "hurdur it makes money tho"

OK KO is being headed by Ian JQ (who was the 2nd most important person on SU when he worked on the show) and Toby Jones (a regular show boarder), so it has potential

Did I ever say it was a good thing? How many fucking times do I have to make it clear that I just understand how a company work.

And once again you prove you are underaged; you've been throwing ad hominem attacks at me and completely ignoring my points.
I just explaining why a company would do the things they do but you see it as an attack on the CN is shit circle jerk.

Eh. It's clear that CN wants to do a complete restart after the AT period, but it's off to a rocky start.

TTG gets good ratings, and honestly you cannot ignore that. It gets spammed to hell and back but it appeals to a sillier audience, and honestly to a generation of kids that don't have the baggage of the original series to remember it's not half bad.

In contrast, PPG is a sinking ship. Something tells me that people had low hopes for it from the start, what with CN dumping all their least experienced staff onto it, but I can't see it living past a Season 2/3. So it'll probably be gone shortly after Adventure Time departs.

SU is going strong, and it won't end until at least 2018/2019, probably with a movie a la AT.

Clarence is probably going or getting a retool of some sort so that they can boot the creator.

WBB is a maybe.

Ben 10 is a fucking cash cow in any state, so we're stuck with that tumor.

Mighty Magiswords is probably not going to live very long. It's not bad, but it doesn't have that same sort of long term staying power in its premise. All it really has are its two leads.

LLTR might stick around for a bit longer by virtue of being a bit better defined.

Also you're definitely missing some shows here. At the very least you're missing that one Mexican supervillain show with Markeplier, There are probably many shows CN has in the works but still has the lid on.

Right now CN's floating out into unknown territory. It could go well or it could go badly, but it's an interesting experiment in any case. I'm filled with a lot more hope than in Nick, which despite having some real quality titles under its belt has shown no real sign of actually trying to improve or build upon its recent successes.

As many times as I make it clear that just because it makes money does not mean its ok.
Same to you, the money excuse is not valid.

Doesn't Toby Jones have his own show in the pipeline?

Then explain how the money excuse is not valid. A company needs money to keep from going under, does it not?

and people got promoted/new people signed on to replace them
>Storyboard Revisionist Stu Livingston leaves for Penn Zero (and later Clarence) early season 1B but they still had Aleth and the show was no longer in it's early stages so no need to pick up slack
>Storyboard Revisionist Aleth Romanillos leaves for Clarence late season 1, Zuke replaces him
>Hellen Jo leaves early season 2, Zuke takes her spot and Amber takes Zuke's spot
>Ian leaves early season 3 and so Kat and Joe (who were already directors) have to focus on being directors, with Kat only being involved in the episodes she directs while Joe is no longer a boarder, with Colin taking his place and Aleth returning to take Colin's place

Does not excuse the retardation of the children it produces for. Kids are stupid enough as is these days, we don't need cartoons actively making them more retarded for a quick buck.

CN needs to hire back animators like McCracken and Atoms again

I know he had a pilot but I'm not sure. Maybe he'll end up in the same situation Ian did with SU