Describe his personality without using the words 'iconic' and 'hope'

Describe his personality without using the words 'iconic' and 'hope'.

Guy

he's pretty chill

Classic.

>b-but Jay!

Piss off, nobody cares about Jay and his golden age stories were hardly anything special.

mommy issues

Iconically hopeful

Way past cool

Dork

I mean this is the guy who fought villains while telling them neat science facts. More comic writers should focus on this aspect of Barry

Huge dork

he's just so inspiring...y' know?

Not Wally

The biggest nerd in the world who trusts everybody.

>Classic
is hardly a personality trait.

He's a nice guy. Wants to be a boy scout.

gay?

He's as straight as they come. He has a classic set of morals and an old fashioned sensibility. He believes in the law and that people are basically good, though not to the point of naivete. He believes respect is a privilege, one that can be lost by ignoring basic decency.

He idolized the Golden Age heroes (through history books or comics, depending on the continuity) and very much models himself after the classic idea of the superhero.

I came here to post this.
Can't really say he doesn't have a personality. He's a dork, got that going for him.

>nobody cares about Jay

Usurper.

>Piss off, nobody cares about Jay
Meaning you don't care about him, because you knew about Barry first?

So to sum it up, he's not bland, but a bad Superman knockoff. Alright, apologies on my side.

(accidentally posted before I was done)

He chooses to believe the world should be fair, which is why crime and injustice bother him so much. He takes a black and white approach: a crime is a crime, and a criminal is a criminal, there is no excuse for breaking the law.

Ironically, Barry is a man who's in no hurry. He likes to stop and smell the roses, and believes that haste makes waste. If it's worth doing, it's worth doing right. Time often seems to pass him by, at least, before he got his powers.

Fast.

Superman isn't the squeaky clean boyscout you think he is.

Originally he was a dick, though a dick with a heart of gold. He bullied his enemies and used his powers to fuck around with them.

During WWII everyone had to be patriotic little tin soldiers, from Superman to Batman. In the 50's Superman went back to being kind of a dick, which you should know from the famous "Superdickery" phrase. And that's basically how he was for a long time, until the 70's started making him nicer to contrast with every other hero getting more angsty.

The weird thing is that if anyone, Batman is the one who was the most boyscout-like in the 50's and 60's, which is what the Adam West show was parodying. Batman was the hero most likely to advise you to eat your broccoli and brush your teeth after every meal.

A dedicated and selfless hero who uses the traumas of his past to propel him forward. A dorky man of science with a good sense of humor, a romantic guy with a strong moral compass and set of values, and a natural leader.

"classic" isn't a personality type, if anything it's a lack thereof

>A dedicated and selfless hero who uses the traumas of his past to propel him forward

Special snowflake

Nerdy. Seriously. This is easier than it is with Wally, or with any other Flash, particularly when his best friend is prototypical Jock, Hal. He's a lab geek who, upon gaining superpowers, immediately decided to become a superhero after taking the name of his favorite comic book character.

He was DC's Peter Parker, before Peter Parker.

>So to sum it up, he's not bland, but a bad Superman knockoff

Superman looks more flawed when nextto Barry

by the book

White bread as fuck.

Responsible and somewhat of a worrywart, who can keep cool under pressure, and is always willing to push himself to the limit for the sake of others.

Anyone else kind of annoyed how Barry's sidekick has better comics than he does? I mean Wally is cool but they need to stop wanking him. Barry Allen is THE Flash after all.

He is Batman's hero.

Seriously.

Right, he never should have replaced Jay Garrick in the first place.

Flash Family mass murderer

Guy Gardner is... THE FLASH!

A FUCKING ATTOSECOND

Actually they should stop milking barry and make wally the main flash again

He's an icon of hope.

>Anyone else kind of annoyed how Barry's sidekick has better comics than he does?

Why would anyone be annoyed? Wally is one of the few successful legacy characters.

>Superman looks more flawed when next to Barry
>Went into a revenge rampage when Thawne killed Iris, which even made him fight the whole League
>Snapped Professor Zoom's neck to save his wife
>Went back in time and fucked up history completely so he could be with his mom

I'd say Barry is pretty flawed.

Maybe they should start writing better stories with Barry then?

Fuckin nerd.

Don't forget the shit he did in Identity Crisis and how he was neglecting people when he came back in Flash Rebirth.

Dork who is perpetually late and puts passion into the things he does

Lawful

Loving of all people.

Single-minded.

Tardy.

And yet no one calls him out on his shit.

>Wally is cool but they need to stop wanking him. Barry Allen is THE Flash after all.

Well, evidently he isn't. Wally is the every bit of Flash Barry is.

Needs more flashfacts and scientific knowledge.

>"and then every woman on the planet was pregnant."

>Describe his personality without using the words 'iconic'
Oh this will be easy.
>and 'hope'.
Fuck.

Posting this issue

Nerdy, friendly, laid-back, genuinely good person. A bit shy. Believes in people.

The end

Damn the Anti-Monitor was intimidating.

When are we going to get an COIE movie?

I think the part where Barry overcomes Psycho Pirate's power is really underrated and utterly badass

It is if you're Paul Dano

Animated movies are generally stand alone, and this story served the purpose of cleaning up a lot of continuity.

Dorky nerdlord who likes comic books and science and SCIENCE! Has a strong sense of justice because he grew up reading the shit out of comics. Prone to overfocus so is perpetually late.

Loves his girlfriend/wife, Iris, but feels bad for sometimes prioritizing being the Flash over her, and later feels extreme guilt for making her a target of his creepy murderous future fanboy.

Kind of a dull conversationalist.

Would you kindly go back to 1958?

Barry was never the only Flash. Even before Earth 2 was a thing, he was the Flash because he was pretending to be Jay Garrick.

The Jonathan Joestar of the Flashes. The vanilla character. Most of the cool stuff people attribute to the franchise came after him, and his villain is more popular than him.

Jonathan Joestar's cooler, though.

He is easygoing and enjoys his work
He is at peace with who he is and what his place in life is
His flaw is that he thinks he can save everyone and while a lot of times he can the ones he cant haunt him until he can't let go.
Also he is a dork who trusts too easily

nonexistent

Good comparison. I respect both Jonathan and Barry, but I like Joseph and Wally better.

He's more of a Jotaro.
People suck his dick because he's the first one they saw, but in actuality he's pretty bland in comparison to most characters that came after him.

>iconic
>hope
I'm getting mixed messages here.

I would not say golden age superman was a dick
Harsh maybe prehapes even unlikable but not a dick.

Raped wife

What Bruce Wayne would have become if his parents didn't die

The forever optimist

He is a fast guy.

I mean, maybe compared to a few superheros his personality is seen less in depth. However, he's the 'everyman' type of guy, and ot just an eveeryman like we typically explain it. He's more leaning on the optimistic side.

If Superman is supposed to be more god leaning, the greatest immigrant, an aspiration of what man could be.

If Batman is supposed to be someone who let one action dictate his life, who lets fear rule and is practically a myth.

Flash would simply be what man IS, in its goodness. Driven by both personal trauma, and a responsibility to do what's right. Compared to most heros, he interacts with the people of his city the most. He's loved by them, and he loves them back.

Bart died for Barry to make sure he was never born.

Why did Barry get a blue ring instead of Clark anyway?

At the time of Blackest Night they had just brought Barry back and were trying their absolute darndest to push him in everything.

Same reason he showed up in GL to become Parallax for a bit. Dude was in fucking EVERYTHING. They were so desperate to hype him up and no one bit.

Came her to say "nerd" but not in the modern spastic sense. I guess more of a "square"
He's a guy who got his superhero persona from reading a comic book (and one he was reading as an adult)
His GF really bossed him around and was pretty mean to him (early on anyway)
Always laying down some flash facts too

If i stole your speed, would you die?

>the shit he did in Identity Crisis
No one comes out of Identity Crisis looking good.

He's also been shown to be jealous and sometimes unfairly flies off the handle, especially when stressed. He's human. If you've ever read Cary Bates' run you'll see that he's a lot more human than he's ever been portrayed anywhere else, with all the good and bad that entails. Bates did a lot to make him a more rounded character.

>Thinking you can ever truly kill the speed force

Many may tilt at windmills but none will surpass them.

I would be extremely slow.

Was fucking up the timeline part of your plan?

Reliable. He doesn't need to choose one crime over the other. He's fast enough to do both.

Daddy. He's older than Shota Wally and will teach him how to love again.

4uuuu

He's Carlton to Wally's Will

Post Crisis, Barry was considered way more of an icon of hope than Clark was. They tried to downplay how amazing Superman was from the Silver Age, and how important the Flash's sacrifice was.

He works the best as Wally's Obi Wan. Seriously, best stories with Flash has always him being a sort of bar to live up to instead of watching him doing things.

He's the guy who appears from Speed Force and says "Remember who you are".

Classic and motivational.

nerd

I can't.

Everything people like about current or tv Barry is literally stolen from Wally.

>The greenest man alive!

Can't remember if it was Barry or Wally, but one of them stole a speedster's speed, making him move so slow, he was essentially a statue for the rest of time.
That shit was kinda extreme, and made me wonder how such an act could be better than just killing the guy.

That was Wally.

And he did it twice.

"Bland"

Golden age superman wasn't a dick. He had good reasons for doing dickish seeming things, but he had his heart of gold by the mid 40s.

Nah.
Wally > Barry.
They need to wank him to apologize for the fucking tragedy they've made of the Flash title by bringing back Barry.
Barry should've stayed dead.

Wally's whole chracter is wanking. Have you been to Comic vine? Its like wally jerk central over there. You guys got any runs I can read so i can appreciate him more.

>You guys got any runs I can read so i can appreciate him more.

Vol 2 #1-225 pretty much straight through is great. There are a couple of tonal shifts though so if you don't like Baron, skip to WML. If you don't like WML, skip to Waid. If you don't like Waid, at that point you can skip to Morrison/Millar or Johns but probably give up since you clearly just don't like Wally/the mythos/whatever after three attempts and that's fine, just read something else.

>Barry being an autistic nerd who hasn't fucked his future wife yet
>"guys he's totally Wally"
This meme needs to fucking die

Thanks man

Early on he was an introverted nerd. He experienced a lot of trauma growing it up. The death of his mother lead him to become an outcast but at the same time it gave him a great sense of justice. Like most introverts he was a nerd which combined with his great sense of justice led him to pursue a career as a police scientist.
Later on in life as he matured he became very noble. His sense of justice and morality turned him into a more stoic individual leading through example and becoming a great mentor to Wally West. His time with Wally helped him become an amazing and righteous person. A symbol of kindness.
With Barry's powers he had the means and the want to help anyone he came across. This meant not only would he sacrifice himself to save the universe but help a random guy he never met with his car troubles and treat every case he worked on as important.
Barry's greatest achievement was the legacy he passed on to the people who cared about him. He would have an amazing effect on Wally West who would spend over a decade trying to become more like Barry. He instilled a moral guide and a person to look up to in times of doubt.
Barry Allen was the greatest Super Hero who ever lived and is the perfect example of what the medium stands for.

He's like that uncle or older sibling you had growing up that seemed to be the coolest guy in the world to you, but when you got older you noticed that to his peers he was kind of a dorky loser type of guy.

Barry's parents were both alive up until John's retcon in Flash Rebirth, sorry friendo

This. Is Barry really boring? He seems like he has lots of personality in YJ.

Obviously he is talking about current Barry.
Also it's not so much retconned as zoom literally going back in time and making it happen.

Wally is a Shonen Hero to a t. He's probably the most Cred Forums superhero out of DC. He is literally powered by love and friendship and has that famous comebacks. He started out very lame when he first became Flash and gradually broke all the speed limits.

That also makes him fucking hype tho, something Barry can never induce on audience. Return of Barry Allen or Blitz are my favorite in that regard.

>White wally will never get a show/movie
Actually, how come we haven't gotten a DC anime yet?

Not really Clark isn't as big as a dork as Barry and some of the time he fakes some of his dorknyness.

Also Barry is a huge science geek and geeks out about things that would make Wally, Iris and Hal yawn in boredom.

Im currently reading Flash issue 2 with Vandal Savage. I hope Barry becomes hype like that one day.

> animated return of barry allen
> "hahaha i'm the true fastest man alive now, barry allen's legacy is forever tarnished!"
> wally having flashbacks about barry in tears and realizing his lack of speed is because of his own insecurities
> /hype song begins/
> wally catches up to thawne and wrecks his shit up
> "YOU ARE NO BARRY ALLEN!"

fuck you dc, fuck you so much for rubbing me off from this.

Problem is when Wally first started in Flash costume, he was an underdog so he constantly had to prove himself to superhero community. Barry is an underdog OUTSIDE of the costume and even that is slowly disappearing from the comics. People keep saying he is dork or a comics nerd but no one other than Waid put an emphasis on that post-crisis. He's always the perfection. His character flaws are superflous and he is always forgiven for his mistakes. He's the creator of Speed Force, angel without wings. That sort of guy is just generic and always falls short compared to characters who actually strive to be better.

He seemed pretty chill in the Justice League cartoon

I see what you mean. I hope they fix that. They could at least make him retarded like in the tv show.

home depot dad