What went right

what went right

Treating characters as people and not as punchlines.

It's better than Family Guy in every single way except that FG has a handful of small fight/dance sequences with phenomenal animation.

>Pop culture references reduced by 90%
>Characters are a lot less abusive/assholish to each other so that when there's an emotional moment between them we actually give a shit
>Artstyle is better
>Stan working in the CIA and Roger being an alien allow for more interesting plots
>Musical moments are god-tier
>Characters have actual personalities instead of being flat, almost blank slates that change according to the plot but mostly just end up as "abusive asshole"

>86649824
It was created made by Seth MacFarlane, so absolutely nothing at all.

Didn't it get a bunch of writers from Futurama after it got cancelled? There's a real sudden jump in quality early on.

From what I know a lot of the main writers were there ever since the beginning. I think it just took a few episodes for them to find their spot.

what if meg had a fart fetish

we already know she's okay with incest

Is it bad that I hate Roger just about as much, if not more, than Peggy Hill?

Peggy's just a dumbass in a non-fictional cartoon, but I think Roger is fine in a crazy cartoon like American Dad, especially with the limo episode.

There was a couple seasons in the middle of the series where he was totally unbearable. It was a constant thing where scenes would come to a screeching halt for no other reason than to remind us how evil/sexually depraved Roger was. Thankfully that problem went away after a while.

Roger is pretty hateable. I love him but some episodes make it really hard to. Especially that episode where he fell in love with Hayley and the entire episode was just fueled by how horrible they could make him.

That episode was edgy as fuck

They'll probably make an episode about that eventually.

Someone explain Roger's different identities to me. I've only started watching it again randomly on AS within the last year.

In the first few episodes he wasn't allowed out of the house because then he would get caught and get captured by the CIA, so the solution he came up with was wearing a disguise. Eventually it spiraled into having a bunch of alternate personas. The main family can tell it's him most of the time but will generally go along with whatever he's doing.

According to DVD commentary, originally the idea was
>season 1: roger is confined to the house, all of his plots are about that
>season 2: roger uses disguises, letting him do shit with the other characters
>season 3: has an arc about roger being revealed to the world
>season 4: roger is pissed that his alien status is no longer special, engaging in a bunch of publicity stunts to try and recapture his stardom
The writers just got REALLY attached to the disguises and abandoned the plotline.

Whens the new season?

everything (except season 1) until they moved to TBS

which is a retcon because he's been shown to have been using disguises in the 1970s and 1980s, so there's no reason why he wouldn't have in season 1

In a bad way?

the TBS run has it's bright spots

Stan and Steve looking at a new house under construction, that was great

Lack of oversight and direct involvement by Seth.
Yes
NO ONE is as shit as peggy fucking hill
Any episode where she played a major role is unwatchable