Star Wars Rebels: Season Two Soundtrack

>Rebels Recon #3.01: Inside "Steps Into Shadow"
youtu.be/xtgm8dAq2bU

>Rogue One: A Star Wars Story Trailer:
youtu.be/frdj1zb9sMY

>/swco/ Dubs: Son of Dathomir #1
youtu.be/vqkHTHPz5x0

>Star Wars Canon Guide:
docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1t1KovH_1GYLDTAe3yrleeWiuzwulm670o_anQqr5Rcg/pubhtml

>Download links: (Check here for new Rebels Episodes + Books, Comics, Films, etc)
pastebin.com/nWsKtSya

>Legends Recommendation List:
docs.google.com/document/d/147N5EgCnZmcPaDYvnGQwl9cn7BhBroFb7mD2C4cmWb0/edit

>The Clone Wars Legacy Content:
starwars.com/tv-shows/the-clone-wars-legacy

>The Clone Wars Recommendation Guide
imgur.com/N76MfC0.jpg

Other urls found in this thread:

watchdisneyxd.go.com/star-wars-rebels/video/vdka3415781/03/02-the-holocrons-of-fate#playlist=PL553400298
deepdreamgenerator.com
twoddl.link/star-wars-rebels-s03e02-720p-dsny-webrip-aac2-0-x264-tvsmash/
mega.nz/#!8ZEGURpK!P3ytwHXcBqgBsiujmm1pszJsOgyZzS-OL7tPzQE0r3M
imgur.com/a/QkypR
m.youtube.com/watch?v=_7h7_d2BUtI
youtube.com/watch?v=GY1uKLTWnC4
youtube.com/watch?v=GxiNFbGyU90#t=4.4442809
youtube.com/watch?v=qzVBqBosf5w
starwars.wikia.com/wiki/Chosen_One/Legends
starwars.wikia.com/wiki/Unidentified_tour_guide_droid
starwars.wikia.com/wiki/Journal_of_the_Whills
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

I suspect that may be more at the heart of Kylo Ren's character. Probably why I like this pic so much because he probably is just a frustrated little shit even as an adult. He's used to being commanding and powerful, especially overpowering his foes. A lot of his powers are flashy and designed to make his victims feel helpless. Freezing blaster bolts, paralyzing them, even knocking them unconscious with his will. But when he's thwarted then the Force help you if you're a nearby wall or terminal!

Extrapolating this, and given that the Jedi Order Luke created was destroyed in its totality (according to the opening crawl), I don't think Kylo Ren has ever faced someone on more equal footing. When Rey frustrates his mind probe he freaks and runs to Daddy Snoke. Even as untrained as she is, once she relies on the Force and with him wounded she puts up a challenge and when he's challenged he apparently tends towards becoming frustrated and unstable. He's basically his own worst enemy.

Anyone on this?

watchdisneyxd.go.com/star-wars-rebels/video/vdka3415781/03/02-the-holocrons-of-fate#playlist=PL553400298

>stuck in an endless cycle of Bendu threads

Oh shit, it's up?
Stream when?

>I don't think Kylo Ren has ever faced someone on more equal footing.
>tfw we will never get to see an epic Luke beat down of Kylo.

More than the bird, Rey's speeder looks terrible in this shot

That thing's not even pecking, it looks like it's hammering with its beak. That's not a scavenger, that thing's trying to fix all the broken ships. Bless you, puppet bird!

Star Wars Canon Novels (updated today)

Star Wars Canon Comics (updated today)

It's still a retcon, even if it manages to explain away would-be contradictions. It retroactively shifts elements of the story in a way that forces the audience to reinterpret those aspects. It's a retcon, just a good one.

It's why I enjoy Kylo Ren so much. He's frustrated, insecure, just all around totally unsure of himself.

My favorite part about him is the fact that he's a reverse Anakin. Anakin struggled with staying away from the dark and being tempted by the power it offered. Kylo Ren was afraid of the light and felt tempted to return to the family he secretely still has feelings for.

I thought the Rogue One comic was cancelled?

the more i watch this the more i like it

I look forward to seeing how they handle his redemptive arc. He's the only thing I really like about the new trilogy so far.

Working on it, gather in the stream. May the Force guide you.

My nerra

I think you missed the point of that post you replied to. In fact I'm sure of it.

Will there be upload afterwards?

I'm saying it functioning as a plot twist doesn't matter to my original post. It's still a retcon by nature of its conception. Twists can still be retcons, and not all retcons are twists.

There are no signs of Anakin being Darth Vader in the original movie. There's a good reason for this: at that point they were different characters. Even though the original trilogy tells one continuous story they are still three separate movies.

It was canceled holy shit! Why?! They've now canceled Rogue One, and they are ending Darth Vader next issue, and TFA and Han Solo only have a few left. Are they shutting down the comics? damn...

The thing that makes ROTS the best movie other than Empire is it's commitment to tone.
The whole movie feels like a descent into hell for all the characters.

Watching ROTS in theaters in 2005 after watching TPM and AOTC on VHS every day for years blew my fucking socks off.

*its
fuck me

>ROTS the best movie other than Empire
Whatever floats your boat.

But, no.

You're acting like all retcons are created equal, or that just because it's a retcon at all matters. They should be judged by how they are used.

>Palpatine built the Empire to strengthen the Galaxy to fight the Vong.
>Literally every aspect about the Empire is worse than the Grand Army of the Republic.

Congratulations, that was the point of my original post comparing the Vader paternity reveal to Thrawn's ties to the Vong plot.

I was saying yes, it's also a retcon but it contributed to the story in a way that served aspects of the Darth Vader character that were already there and that people appreciated. Thrawn preparing for the Vong isn't as interesting or as central to the themes of the character people resonant with.

I agree user. RotS is my favorite Star Wars film.

Only in the NuEU though.

But I guess shit happens when you kill and purge most of the command level officers.

deepdreamgenerator.com

What's adventures in wild space about?

Actually that was the point of the post you decided to answer to in a new thread. You're acting like just being a retcon matters, but it is HOW they are used. A plot twist would be a particular usage of a retcon, enough that it is considered a distinctive term although functionally identical.

You're getting bogged down in semantics like what we call them is the point. That isn't' the point at all.

ROTS is overrated. Most of it's problems stems from the other two films. ROTS' final duel is supposed to be a tragic fight between two best friends, but throughout the PT, I never really got to see them as friends. Then there's the fact that Vader was born out of a desparate attempt to save Padme from death. The way Vader was in the OT, I was under the impression that he was this kind and heroic Jedi knight who became tempted by the dark and decided to leave his friends in favor of becoming more powerful. Luckily this concept was brought back in TFA. Ren essentially left his family to become powerful like Vader. That's how Vader himself should have been born in ROTS.

Eh, even in old EU TIE Fighters were pretty shit.

pleb: the post

Because your headcannon was ""better"" than the canon reason, you call it bad.
wew my lad

Also, if you didn't feel that Obi and Ani loved each other from their interactions before the end of ROTS, that's a you problem.

I felt it as a kid, and I see it now.

*their interactions in the PT before the end of ROTS
backspaced by accident there

Anyone have a mega link of the new episode?

>Nothing thinking that a Vong reveal at the end of Ep9 will serve as a squeal hook for the follow up trilogy

>Guillermo Del Toro Vong trilogy

>You're acting like
Nope. I was explaining why people don't care about having Thrawn without the Vong, but do care about Vader being Luke's father. Both are retcons. One is considered a vital, interesting part of the character involved, the other is not. That's all my posts were about.

The poster that asked what the point of having Thrawn without the Vong brought up Darth Vader's identity as Anakin as a defense when people called the Vong retcon unnecessary. I was replying to that. Settle down, hot rod.

>he lives

>he lives

>he lives

You intentionally misordered the events.
1. thrawn/vong is brought up
2. people say simply that it was a retcon
3. guy brings up vader retcon to show that being a retcon isn't inherently bad
4. people say that the vong retcon was necessary

*un
whoops

But it wasn't a headcanon, it was how it was before the prequels added stuff. Obi-Wan told Luke that Vader was tempted by the dark side. Yoda said that the dark side was similar to an easy shortcut that led to power. Logically, this would mean that Vader left all the love and friendship in his life so he could become powerful.

If there's any headcanon I desperately wish was true, it's that Vader wasn't mangled up because of some volcano, it's because the power of the dark side comes at a price. I like the idea that Vader was exhausting his body because of these new powers.

What you aren't getting is that post canon purge Thrawn isn't even a retcon, he's a reimagining in which the Vong haven't even been included. They may, but just like Thrawn they will not be their original incarnation.

Meanwhile you're upset someone was trying to point out to you that there is a distinction between retcons and plot twists. It does exist, to the point they are referred to separately even if they can act the same. But because they do act the same you want to keep ramming home that they are the same to the extent where you're off-topic from your original point entirely.

>Obi-Wan told Luke
stopped reading there
Obi Wan also told Luke that Vader and Anakin were different people.

At this point I suspect we've been visited by the user who likes to start inane arguments and spank to the aftermath.

Didn't he still say that Vader left the light for power in ROTJ? He certainly never said anything about getting his wife to cheat death.

>left all the love and friendship in his life
That's the opposite of a shortcut.
That's incredibly difficult.

Go read the original thread. I'm aware of nuThrawn being different. So is the poster that prompted that entire line of discussion in the other thread. That's what made him post to begin with. I'm not upset. You just don't understand the context of my original post on the topic.
>people say simply that it was a retcon
No, the first replies were actually about the Vong being stupid. One reply even qualified it as "bullshit retcons." Anyway, my reply to that guy conceded that being a retcon isn't the issue. I just explained why people didn't care about Thrawn not having the Vong as part of his story anymore: that plotline was never part of his appeal as a character for most people.

To be fair, it has an upside-down flamingo beak, so it might be trying to break off a fragment that it can then pick up properly.

Still a dumb bird design and a shitty puppet though.

I'm not even sure how this will work. It's almost like they've written themselves into a corner with Kylo Ren. As of right now the heroes have zero reasons to try to redeem Kylo Ren after what they saw him do to Han. Luke MAYBE because he might view it as his fault for Ben falling and because like with his dad he doesn't want to give up on family.

However if they play it straight then he's just nothing but a shitty Vader copycat. However if they have Luke try and he, say, kills Luke instead that's just a copycat of what they already did with Han! They already blew their load on the attempt to save him and I just don't see how they can and make it satisfying.

How'd you make out on Force Friday, lads?

I agree, but what JJ was counting on was people jerking off to the fact that he put a practical effect onscreen front and center, regardless of it looking and moving like a party city toy.

If Kylo doesn't see some kind of redemption it makes Han's death oddly pessimistic and sad. I just don't see them doing that to the character. That's my biggest reason for expecting it.

Not if the promise of power is that tempting.

>As of right now the heroes have zero reasons to try to redeem Kylo Ren after what they saw him do to Han. Luke MAYBE because he might view it as his fault for Ben falling and because like with his dad he doesn't want to give up on family.
There's also Leia, who I really doubt is going to give up on him just because he killed Han. It was painful, but he's still her son and you can bet she wants nothing more than to see him come back to the light.

nah

The new episode is up on WatchDisneyXD right now. Any RIPer around?

The original argument didn't matter once you jumped off on a tangent bs pedantic argument over retcons. Assuming you just aren't starting shit or are stuck in your arguing high and don't know how to stop, I'll treat you as a legit part of a discussion.

There are different kinds of retcons even independent of any notion of plot twists as retcons. Removing the Vong from Thrawn's story would be a Subtractive Retcon, effectively removing previously established continuity (which is a moot point given they were both purged from the canon and have both separately been considered for re-addition under different capacities, with only Thrawn's being realized). Vader's true identity is an Alteration Retcon in that it changes and replaces previously established continuity, namely that instead of killing Luke's dad he is Luke's dad, the killing being his becoming a different kind of man. It is done so by means of a vehicle known as a Plot Twist, handling internal consistency by means of demonstrating that what was previously shown was in fact a purposeful deception (however well intentioned) perpetrated on both Luke and the audience.

So these are not the same kinds of retcons, nor are they seeking to do the same thing. And how they are received is, naturally, entirely up to each individual.

It could be that they treat this as the earliest example that he's irredeemable to disassociate him from Vader. But I don't know, especially since JJ is now replaced by Rian Johnson.

His response to someone telling him it was a retcon that wasn't important to Thrawn's story was basically "you just hate NJO you sheep!" so yeah, this whole thing was started by a baiter.

I don't know about that. If anyone is able to set aside her emotions and do what must be done, Leia is that person. Might be a consequence of the Force manifesting through her exceptional willpower but in some ways it makes her a better Jedi than Luke, at least in terms of the Old Order that espoused a very dispassionate philosophy while Luke is closer to Anakin's level of emotional capacity but without leading to his downfall (yet).

I still think Anakin might have been a decent Jedi of Qui-Gon's sort, at least in terms of being somewhat rogue from the Jedi doctrine, but he had Sheev whispering poisons in his ear for years and it warped him to the core.

ROTS is fucking amazing.

The whole Lucas sextet is an exercise in poetry, and not just in the rhyming sense, but in the sense of metre. It feels like an honest to god epic poem, like the Aeneid or the Odyssey or Beowulf. Even though people like to say Star Wars is a series of action movies -- which it was by late 70s standards -- it has the clumsy slowness and ceremony of an epic poem baked right into it. You never get action for its own sake, it's always in the service of the larger poetic drama.

TFA has almost no poetry. You get a few poetic moments here and there, like Han and Ren in the oscillator, but most of the movie is just raw prose.

ROTS is the pinnacle of Lucas's poetry, which fits since it was his last Star Wars movie and he could employ everything he'd learned from before.

Are you dense? Someone replied to my post stating that Vader's operated as a plot twist, but I replied saying that it's still a retcon. Which is the only thing that matters, because that's what my post was about. What the two retcons did for the story, and why one became inseparable from the character as a concept and the other didn't.

The fact they are two different kinds of retcons is irrelevant to the actual point I was making. It's not even relevant to the post I was responding to initially. The only one being pedantic is you, friend.

Well shit. Should have been more obvious when he dragged an already tired argument into the new thread.

I wish we could still delete older posts (not sure why they changed it) so I could clear up any contribution I made to taking the bait.

>he lives

You realize that the guy that originally brought up Thrawn isn't me, right? You realize I replied to that guy explaining why people didn't care the way he did, right? As in, we were on opposite sides of the conversation?

There's a TVSmash release circulating...

anyone know who hosts this private release group?

>S-stupid Obi-kun, it's not like I like you or anything!

Please stop feeding the sarlacc. Don't be a Boba Fett, be a Broba Fett and pull back now before it is too late.

My last major problem with ROTS is just the pacing and the emotional impact, especially when it comes to Anakin's downfall. We can see him as still trapped and full of doubt after turning on Windu, helped by the fact that Windu had already made a pretty big misstep (namely he was within the law and the Jedi Code when he tried to arrest the Chancellor but breached both when he wanted to summarily execute him; made all the more delicious given it mirrors Anakin and Dooku).

But then he just stomps up the temple, kills all his old friends and colleagues, and murders a bunch of unarmed kids without any sense of conflict within him. However we later get that after the deaths of the Separatist Council with Anakin crying.

It's just badly structured from an emotional point of view setting up a disconnect with the viewer given to that point Anakin was flawed but still 100% heroic.

Could be, but that would spit all over Han and his death, and it would make Luke and Leia look even more stupid and imperceptive than TFA already makes them.

I'd like to think they wouldn't do that, so I see a redemption as being the likely trajectory of Kylo's character.

>without any sense of conflict within him.
'no'

I don't see that it would. Han died trying to save his son, but failing is a tragedy. It WAS a tragic death. It feels, to me, like having Luke do what Han failed to do would be what cheapens Han's actions by showing us that Han just wasn't the right guy for the job, which seems particularly shitty.

Mind you these can be altered by the circumstances of developments involved, especially if Kylo Ren finally starts to accept that Snoke is just wrong or it turns out that Han's actions didn't fail and planted the seed of redemption in his son.

Huh. Probably could have phrased that better.

'no'
What did user mean by this?

So momma the hutt has a tiny slave one on her?

He was crying before he killed the kids.

But yeah his turn was too quick, that's why i like the novel more, it showed the conflict until Sidious wore him down and he weighed Padme's life against the Jedi Order.

That Slave I is normal size

>It WAS a tragic death
Yes, but making Han's faith in his son completely misguided is a very pessimistic culmination of Kylo's character that I just don't think they'll go through with. I think it would be more satisfying for the audience to see that Han was right. I don't think Luke is going to bring back Kylo--or at least he doesn't have to. That's an unnecessary assumption, though a possible outcome.

I think it would be more interesting to see him work his way back in part through contemplation on his father's sacrifice. I think Han "planting seeds" is right on the money. I could be wrong, but I think it would be a waste if I am.

who's the dude burning his own hand off?

That's a staff, not a lightsaber

Managed to snag a TBS death trooper off of Amazon last/thursday night that'll be arriving on sunday, so I'm pretty happy considering I'm only interested in Imperials.

It might seem pessimistic, but regardless it is true to his character. Han was going to try, even if he failed. That's the man he was.

I also hardly think Luke is an unnecessary assumption given it's an extremely likely possibility. Yet regardless if you replace Luke with anyone else it would still hold true that anyone succeeding where Han failed would feel like Han's sacrifice was cheapened. And if Rey manages it people will be even more up in arms, if only because they will see it as an extension/further confirmation of her Mary Sue abilities.

At any rate I think the audience was rather supposed to feel that Kylo Ren is irredeemable after what he did to Han, and I guarantee you that even if he does redeem there will always be people who claim he didn't deserve it for killing his father. At this point given what they saw it seems even stranger and rather unlikely that they'll keep trying to redeem Ben given very recent actions. I really think you are overstating how much the audience is meant to sympathize with and desire to see Ben redeemed.

And yes I saw that given we saw Darth Vader redeemed because Kylo Ren was already given his change to be saved by a loved one and he ruined it. I don't think the audience will be happy if they keep giving him chances after what he's done.

Then why the lightsaber pieces? fucking lego, going down hill all the time. stupid hacks

With a showdown now guaranteed, I really hope it's the last one. His story ends where it began and we're finally done with him.

no episode link yet ?

>At any rate I think the audience was rather supposed to feel that Kylo Ren is irredeemable after what he did to Han, and I guarantee you that even if he does redeem there will always be people who claim he didn't deserve it for killing his father.
All the more reason a redemptive arc would make for interesting development and drama.

Looks like a lightsaber piece.
What's the figure and piece?

I find the opposite. A redemption arc at this point wouldn't feel satisfying, it would feel forced and simply doubling down on Kylo Ren as Vader 2.0 complete with the exact same "defeat" through turning from villainy.

Let's trigger this guy further!

DOUBLE LIGHTSABER RIFLES!

Looks like Chirrut Imwe

>it would feel forced
Depends on how they do it.

That is so damn cute. Those cheering stormtroopers, aaaaaw. I love Lego.

Well as I said there will always be people who will claim it is forced because he was given a chance already and turned it down with pretty clear finality. And the very reason Kylo Ren was stated as needing his father's help with his conflict, and then killing his father, was to cement him on the Dark Side. Han helped him in a way he didn't expect, and which the audience presumably wasn't supposed to expect.

but I thought we would just have a nice conversation about Lego Star Wars.

I recently ordered Sith NightSpeeder.

I didn't know they came out.

>I didn't know they came out.
Yesterday was the street date for Rogue One merchandise

I was just kidding about triggering him. Lego loves the lightsaber piece, especially for use as flashlights with the police.

More than that I just never liked the Lego bo-rifle being two Stormtrooper rifles linked by a black lightsaber hilt. Meanwhile they happily make one-shot unique weapons for the Kryptonian soldiers from the Man of Steel sets and the Sakaaran soldiers, neither of which to my knowledge have been reused in any other capacity.

It's amazing how muted Force Friday has been. For TFA (unsurprisingly) it was practically treated like a national holiday. Now even though I've been in these threads it hasn't been treated like a huge deal. Still I've been lurking more than usual so I could have easily overlooked it. Just didn't feel like a lot of hype this time around.

People still accept Vader's redemption even though he killed actual children and his own supposed former "good friend." For various reasons those things don't carry the same emotional weight of killing Han Solo (one happened in a prequel, the other before their relationship was really cemented/explored in the next two movies), but I don't think it's off the table for Kylo just yet.

I'm just not sure Han's demise is the final piece of Kylo's desertion to the Dark Side, even if he clearly wanted it to be. I think it's possible it will be the act that haunts him and helps push him the other way, and I think it would be a more interesting take. Kylo slipping further into the dark up until the very end could be interesting too, I just don't think it's as promising of a direction.

There isn't, but that's partially because Rogue One isn't as huge a movie as TFA, which was the first new (non-TCW) movie in a decade and the big start of a new era for the franchise.

Even so, this year's Force Friday was handled pretty poorly. There wasn't a whole lot of new stuff available and a lot of stores didn't participate. A lot of Walmarts didn't even bother putting stuff out throughout the day let alone at midnight.

We've already been over Vader, but if you need more, his redemption was treated as a longshot and a matter of conflict within Luke himself. He was told outright not to do it and he struggled with it. When he offered Vader the chance to turn on Endor Vader had obvious hesitation and was struggling when he denied it and took Luke to see the Emperor. He also continued to deny it until his son nearly died.

Kylo Ren was already given a chance early on and he didn't take it. He didn't just say no, he murdered the man trying to save him, his own father. And between the dialogue and the reactions of the characters this isn't something he's meant to come back from, at least at this point.

NEW EPISODE LINK
twoddl.link/star-wars-rebels-s03e02-720p-dsny-webrip-aac2-0-x264-tvsmash/

>Bendu

So I know I'm late as fuck, but holy shit grey force wielder's confirmed?! I thought half the reason for the canon purge was to solidify light vs dark?

What were people's reactions to this? Because I think this is fucking amazing.

BEWARE! This post is Bendu porn!

Just kidding.

mega.nz/#!8ZEGURpK!P3ytwHXcBqgBsiujmm1pszJsOgyZzS-OL7tPzQE0r3M

Here's the mega link found there (eventually) for those unwilling to navigate the mess.

I never really liked the gray thing. I always liked Lucas's original conception of the Dark Side being a mere corruptive influence on the Force, and that being the end of it.

Bendu isn't like legends gray force wielders where they're perfect at because they're in the middle. He gives some insight, and it's just a different point of view.

But I like him, he's a cool character so far.

I prefer his original design where he was just fucking huge, so much so the rebellion built their base overtop him by accident and later find their base missing because he woke up and wandered off.

Man, that looks so fake.
Even pigeons that do that exact same move look more realistic than this.

Did the end just imply Maul going after Obi Wan? Is Maul finally going to die?

Thanks user!

I think Obi-Wan's the implication. Not sure who else he could be talking about.

I really want Maul to die for good soon.

>just woke up and someone posts a link at the same moment i open this thread

Yeah, that would have been amazing.

Why is Jar-Jar praising himself?

Damn, this was a good episode. I understand why you guys want Maul to die for good, but he was great in this episode.

It was, and seems to be taking a more fitting path for Maul. Albeit one that has been suggested and even occurred in the EU, albeit non-canon even then. Still more satisfying than him versus Vader, though I suppose they could do that too.

Personally, I like that Maul is back. But I understand why people feel like he's been around for too long.

I think bringing him back in TCW was a good thing, we got a really great storyline out of him and Savage. It's likely his story would have ended in TCW on Mandalore, but since it got cancelled his story got reworked into Rebels.

People may feel like it's past his time, but Maul himself brings a really strong presence to the show. He may have overstayed his welcome, but I like having him around. His end is coming soon though. The first Sheev apprentice that refuses to give up is a wonderful arc.

I thought that bringing him back was retarded, but now that he's here I like having him around.

I still like the fact that he spent at least fifteen years being a worthless piece of shit. At least the notion of him as recognized by the Inquisitors by a seeming codename suggests he's been doing some small bid towards fucking with Sheev. Albeit dispatching easily replaceable mooks (sorry SS user)

I thought that bringing him back was retarded, but now that he's here I know it was retarded.

>he lives

PHANTOMBOWL CONFIRMED

I thought it was retarded, and I still do, but he's had some good moments. Part of me wanted to see Vader just wreck his shit and end it, but I like the idea of seeing Obi-Wan handle Maul again later in life. Might be neat.

Shouldn't his hair be whiter? and thinner? Why doesn't he look more like Alec Guinness?

Why did Yoda look fucking weird in general? Who knows, user.

Because he was a good friend

I'm just saying, you don't have a fifty year old man played by a sixty yuear old man with a head of hair with such volume it'd make a glam metal singer jealous.

That's meant to be the recording he made during Order 66, warning Jedi to stay away from the temple.

So, y'know. That's ROTS Kenobi. We don't know what he looks like now.

And then it turns out that Maul never meant Obi-Wan, he meant Cody

Together they will finish what they started. They will destroy the Kenobi!

Because that's ROTS Obi-Wan from the recoded message sent by the Jedi Temple warning the survivors not to return.

Could this be a set up for a stand alone story line between Maul and Obi-wan? and Not relating it to Rebels at all?

im hoping an obi-wan movie to be announced shortly..

CLONEBOWL WHEN?

Thank you user.

I think Obi Wan will die.

It's funny how Maul is probably sincere to Ezra that what he seeks is hope, but what he considers hope is just more destruction, ultimately his own (basically I think he was seeing Ezra's vision at the end and what he saw initially, oblivion, was his own without him realizing what it meant). He'll never redeem, not even enough to side with the Rebellion, even if there were a part of him that loathes himself and what the Dark Side and the Sith have made of him, because he's just fumbling in the darkness unable to perceive of, you know, NOT being a bag of evil dicks.

The perfect metaphor for Maul's life is him trying to open the Jedi holocron and failing miserably, turning into an angry, belligerent child (so he got to be Kylo Ren in more than just reading minds!). Any attempt by him to seek or accept anything good, represented by the Holocron, is ultimately denied to him by his very nature which he cannot escape.

Poor bastard. At this point death is the closest he'll ever come to peace.

That's what happens when you believe in hope.

Truly the greatest of sins.

No, the one that will die is Venom Obi-Wan.

I love how this turns out. A way to definitely see the future but through improbable means of a lightsider and darksider working together using their respective holocrons which would be unlikely in the extreme.

And it does show them precisely what they ask for. A New Hope and a way to finally destroy the Sith, but if they act on it it is too soon and they could fuck everything up. Nifty way to touch on Luke and Obi-Wan with Rebels while remaining tension even though we know ultimately what Luke's story will be.

Can Vader open a Jedi Holocron anymore? Can he use the lightside enough to do that? Of course Sheev tried to break into the holocron vault according to this year's celebration only for Ahsoka to stop him.

Maul kills Obi-Wan, puts on his stinky old man cloak and declares, "Now I am Kenobi!"

Vader is pretty hardcore Dark Side until Luke wears him down, I think. So probably not.

I'm trying to remember from the comics. All I recall is Vader crushed one of Grakkus' holocrons.

This explains the inconsistencies in old Ben's stories.

It was Maul all along.

Living alone in the desert, talking to dead people from the good ol' times... God damn it how I love the Star Wars of Episodes I, III and IV.

The funny thing is the implication that if this happens, when Obi-Wan tells Luke, "Now that's a name I haven't heard in a long time. A long time," and stares off into space, we know Obi-Wan will most likely be remember Rebels episodes with Maul running around on Tatooine screaming, "KENOOOOOBI!"

And then presumably tripping over Kanan and falling into the Sarlacc.

Actually that would be hilarious and not for the blindman bit but because if Maul gets Sarlacced he'll be alive for the next 10,000 years along with Boba.

Though I guess the Sarlacc is dead now thanks to being mortally wounded by Jabba's exploding barge? I haven't read any of that Aftermath shit.

Sad thing is how the comics don't even mentioning him hanging with Qui-Gon learning the secrets of ghosthood like Yoda said.

I guess Obi-Wan learned it in the first year and then Qui-Gon said, "Whelp good bye, I'm off to the past to haunt Shaak Ti's shower. Have fun in the desert. Try to get a tan, you're looking ridiculously pale."

>The Sarlacc is Force Sensitive and attracts blind men from all over the galaxy to finish their foes.
Make it canon.

The Sarlacc isn't dead it's only horribly wounded. It detaches itself from the pit of carkoon and slinks off into the galaxy to plot it's revenge.

That's right, fuckers, the Sarlacc is SNOKE!

I read that in Liam Neeson's voice. It would be fitting given how generally worthless Qui-Gon is as a character overall, despite TCW's best efforts.

>Supreme Leader Sand Vagina is the master of Anakin "I Hate Sand" Skywalker's grandson
Ceramics.

>It would be fitting given how generally worthless Qui-Gon is as a character overall
Really? I thought he brought forth the error of the Jedi.
The Living Force, user.
>he was also meant to represent the time before Ep I, and his death was the turning point Force-wise

This poetry can not be topped.

I guess we're never going to watch this scene. :(

Content to live a peaceful life in the desert happily enjoying its vore fetish until some assholes named Luke and Leia nearly killed it. It has since then seduced Leia's son and destroyed Luke's Jedi Order, but that's only the first installment plan in the path of vengeance against them.

Jesus, no wonder Snoke is hellbent on finding Luke.

If Maul is indeed going for Obi-wan he'll probably get spanked by Obi and proceeds to run away like a beaten dog again

>proceeds to run away
I don't think so.

Back to Kylie (I mean Kylo Renee--Sissy Bitch)
I think something that could make him redeemable is that--in Episode 7--he never used the Force to kill anyone. Where Vader would Force Choke a birch, Kylo Ren throws a tantrum. I don't think Luke should be involved in any potential redemption since Kylo's first steps towards the Dark Side were against Luke. That would be like Vader returning to the Light Side instead of "striking down" Obi-Wan in Episode 4. I would prefer to see Kylo go Full Retard--I mean Dark Side--and have the tragedy of his choices shown from the perspective of the protagonists. Show Ren's conflict (or time just before taking a step towards the Dark Side) and then the tragic impact of his intentional decision from the perspective of the protagonists (since he, after making his choice, would be hardened to its impact) Sorry for rambling, I'm tired and the preview text box on mobile is tiny and not easy to navigate. Basically, I want them to get into the nitty gritty, stomach wrenching despair of a true descent to darkness from which there is no return. Hope is a much overused trope that needs to be stabbed by family member on a mile long bridge and left to fall down a bottomless hole.

That's what you think! We're getting a three-way clusterfuck of Vader versus Maul versus Obi-Wan! I for one cannot wait for months of Cred Forums freaking out that Obi-Wan cannot possibly meet Vader prior to the Death Star even though technically there is nothing in the canon that prohibits it as long as Obi-Wan manages to still "school" Vader and teach him a few lessons so they can have the line about how he was the learner but now he's the Master.

I actually do not think there is a chance in hell of this happening, but if it did these threads would go nuclear.

He's going for closure. He's not planing on coming back. He's going to cry into his arms

>Ahsoka never got any closure with Obi-Wan

I was really hoping they'd meet Obi-Wan I'm season 3.

I was also hoping Ahsoka would make it to season 3.

Speaking as an Imperial, I'll say this for Ren.

So far, he has yet to kill one of his subordinates. Or even hurt one of his subordinates. That fact alone makes him a better leader than Vader, Tarkin and Kallus both.

I just don't think there's much intrigue in watching a character who is already a cunt go further into being a cunt and watching everyone around him continually gasp at how much of a cunt he's being. That's a very basic reduction on my part, but I don't think that's something a Star Wars movie could do in an interesting way. Seeing a character like Kylo struggle with his choices and their consequences is an easier path to what I think is a more interesting story.

Star Wars is in large part about hope and always has been. I don't see the issue with continuing that path with Kylo. The new trilogy has been plenty grim elsewhere.

>Or even hurt one of his subordinates.
We don't know the ultimate end of that guy he asks "What girl?" to. The last we see is his throat in Ren's hand.

>better than Vader
>ever
He will never be stronger than Vader, in terms of power, and leadership abilities.

Hey, he's had a rough time.

Yeah, what's with the hat? I see it too.

fuck off, newfag

Pls Force gods make this happen.

I didn't get anything, the stores in my city haven't gotten the new shit.

Wew lads!

Ezra finally sees Sabine naked through the Force!

Please, user. Ezra had more chemistry with Leia. He had more chemistry with /ss/. He has more chemistry with friggin' Maul.

Hush, do not tempt the internet to make more slash fanart!

I'm still scarred from that Zeb/Kallus one from last thread.

Your attempt to build an orgy for Ezra has not gone unnoticed. Watch yourself.

Come on, now, all he's saying is that it isn't entirely impossible that Ben is the son of Leia and Ezra. The long hair, the nose, the emo rage, the sheer lack of Han Solo's Cool Gene.

Sabine is cute and pure do not defile her with these lecherous fantasies. She just wants to reblog black and white artsy nudes on her Space-Tumblr and shoot her guns.

Actually, I think shipping is cancerous bullshit on a only marginally less 'burn on sight' level to furfaggotry.

Just pointing out that Sabine and Ezra don't really seem to have any chemistry at all, to the point where ridiculous matchups seem almost possible by comparison.

It's called an Ironpecker. Like a Woodpecker, but it eats metal.

>your face when they both saw the opposite of what each other wanted
Ezra: They key to destroying the sith
>obi-wan who trains luke who brings balance to the force
Maul: Hope
>bunch of random jack off planets maps and info
Probably something logistically good for the rebellion like yavin

I think this was a good episode but it didn't flow from last week's. Should have had the Ghost being boarded by Maul as a cliffhanger in the previous ep.

Would be nice to see them explore the nature of that ancient temple.

Still they both saw the exact same thing for different reasons. Maul wants to destroy Sidious and have his revenge. Ezra wants to destroy the Sith. Luke is key to both of those things.

But then Maul sees Obi-Wan and he's suddenly off on another wild obsession.

We all must serve the Empire.

what the hell

Is it true they based Kylo Ren on an existing EU character named Rylo Ken?

Yeah. He was a barbie crossover. He was dropped when Hasbro got the toy rights

Of course. Him and his dark waifu Darth Barbi

hivemind

What I think is funny he makes these but never uploads them anywhere. Whats the point lol.

Oh, what a helpful user you are
>REEEEEEE FUCK FUCK FUCKETY FUCK NEWFAG YOU DONT BELONG HERE

I looked it up, apparently it's Cred Forums's 13th birthday. You could have just told me instead of being an asshole.

imgur.com/a/QkypR

Forget the jokesters, he's actually based on Benakin Solo-Skywalker, the incestuous love child between Leia Solo and Luuuke Skywalker, clone of her brother Luke Skywalker, after they both had too much to drink while infiltrating the Mofference together. Han never knew.

Who is Maul looking for? Savage is alive or what?

His original Master, Darth Snoke.

Hats and being an asshole are a fine old Cred Forums tradition, user.

>three years is a "long time"

I think it's a little obvious that it's Obi... but I wouldn't mind being surprised.

When living as a hermit on Tatooine, always alone, yes. A very long time.

>new episode
>ship has clearly been attacked, parts of it floating in space, high chance of a hull breach
>they get on board without any kind of breathing apparatus

There was a Kybo Ren...

m.youtube.com/watch?v=_7h7_d2BUtI

Of course it's Obi-Wan. Ezra sees the key to destroying the Sith, and as a result, Maul sees Obi-Wan on the same planet.

Is he still alive?

Nope, he was sidious'd

This was a triumph

>"What do you think, user?"

how is it gonna be Sidious? Maul already knows he is alive

>had to look it up

it's at the top of the page, dipshit

user. Savage was killed by Sidious, that's what that user was saying.

then who is it?

It's Obi-Wan you stupid idiot
2 suns=Tatooine
who else would it be?

They need to recanonize this. I love the idea of Snoke renaming Ben after some fat old pirate

2 suns = Sabine's tits

so when Ezra asked for the key to destroy the Sith he saw Luke Skywalker?

Since this is new canon you have to keep it in context with the rest of new canon, which is that Obi-Wan is wasting away on Tatooine. He's less powerful than Dooku, who was in his seventies during the Clone Wars. This isn't just because the OT didn't have the technology to digitally superimpose Guinness' head on a younger actor performing stunts, which is what they did for Christopher Lee. In the comics Obi-Wan finds his skills, his strength with the Force, has suffered from his years in exile. The harshness of the planet, the years of isolation, the loss of all his old friends and his entire Order, the weight of the betrayals, and knowing, and feeling, the grip of darkness crushing the galaxy and being powerless to do anything but wait and train Luke - which he isn't even allowed to do! Thanks, Owen!

Even then it doesn't even need to matter. Maul refers to him as Kenobi and I imagine Kanan, who knew Obi-Wan and even spoke with him when Kanan was still Caleb Dume, would call him Master Kenobi. Then you'd just need for him to tell Kanan to call him Ben. They don't actually have to mention the Obi-Wan to his face, at all, and can still meet him.

He saw a bunch of planets, some familiar, some not. Tatooine, for sure. Maybe Yavin IV, Hoth, Dagobah, Bespin, Endor?

You're a good chap.

That's what I thought as well.
Ezra wanted to see the key to destroying the Sith and he sees Tatooine, which helps Maul see where presumably Obi-Wan is.

Sadly it's already been said. I bet, as Maul said, they are colorful!

I know, I was just reaffirming it

You don't reaffirm it. You post some photographic evidence!

He lives!

What "familiar" planets could he possibly be referring to? He's hardly been anywhere...

>She has a cock in over half of these pictures.
>Acceptable margins.

futafags are the worst of the worst.

>two seater A-Wings
what?

Not really. There are much worse fetishes, like scat. Futafags are annoying because there are so many of them, though.

no futafags are the worst because they keep on shoving their shit into everything

>he lives

The same could be said about ponyfags. Blacklists and filters are the answer to both on booru sites, of course.

>two suns
>he lives!
What did they mean by this?

He didn't say the fetish he said the practitioners.

It means Obi Wan is in Arizona

>Maul coming back will show that Ezra's still on the path to the dark side!
>Nah, Ezra and Kanan didn't make up, they'll still be at odds!

Well so much for that.

Go on /aco/ and /d/ and futafags need like half a dozen threads for themselves and also inject their fetish into a bunch of other threads with their own topics. If an OP asks for no futa there is a 50/50 chance some jackass will say OP has bad tastes and start posting it.

I like Futa but they need to learn their fetish isn't to everyones tastes.

Maul needs to join Caesar's Legion.

He is still on the path to the dark side. He doesn't have to be edgy 24/7 to prove it.

You clearly don't know anything about Star Wars. The franchise is about as suiblte as a brick to the face.

I think they showed that Ezra is very easily tempted though. He keeps crossing lines, Maul didn't even have to push him that hard. If Kanan forgets to watch out for him once, he's going to give in.

What would be the point?
Obi-wan is way too old to be fit for fighting and Maul is going to show up again later on in the season so he's obviously going to lose again if he did.

What is Sheev thinking?

>I have other uses for you

>This is just too much fun!

>andthenyouwilldie

>He won't be the last zabrak I penetrate tonight

And there's no point for Maul to go after Kenobi. He got his vengeance.

So, someone on the SWleaks subreddit got their hands on ahsoka two weeks early, any leaked ebooks of it?

Did Ezra just see Luke? Holy fuck that was hype. I was hoping he would have seen Kylo Ren destroying the New Jedi Order or something and this would make Ezra think everything he's doing is futile and further push him to the dark side.

All I want to know is where the novel takes place in, so that I can inject Rex in it on my fanfic

ya, because they ARE real.

Does this mean we will see Tatooine on this show?

No, we will see Tatoakku, a new desert world rumored to be a wretched hive of scum and villany

>HE LIVES

That only goes for little girls:

Not too bad. Got the black series Kylo helmet and an Anakin saber to go with my ESB Luke outfit for NYCC. Didn't really get any Rogue One stuff, unfortunately

I'm at the start of season 3 clone wars. Does it get any better? The writing is pretty terrible and he episodes have very little story arcs to them.

The only redeeming feature so far is that the clones are pretty cool and asohka kinda cool.

It took a while for TCW to grow on me tbqh

No, he's about at the place where it changes from not that good to pretty good.

youtube.com/watch?v=GY1uKLTWnC4

Watch the show and decide for yourself, faggot.

Season 3 gets much MUCH better.

So it does get better? The entire episode dedicated to he dutcheas and corruption was. Really badly written. Why he fuck would you burn down an enire warehouse that could potentially have clues to other corrupt officials? Why burn the warehouse down and not just destroy the poison? It doesn't make sense

Season 3 is when the show starts getting good.

Fuck my phone is terrible today

After 'Nightsisters', the show gets 10/10.

Glad to hear it. I'll stick it out then

As long as shields are still working the hull breach wont effect anything.

I want a Sheev movie

Shields are usually the first to go.

Oh my fucking god the infamous poison snapple episode.

Rest assured there are no greater stinkers than that one.

master pwo?

Same, it would be better if it was entirely based on the Darth Plagueis novel, since it would recanonize it.

Yes, little one?

I love how he sounded like he couldn't decide whether he was excited or having a panic attack.

He sounded like he was going crazy all over again
Poor Maul, his entire life is just a giant rollercoaster

>the episodes have very little story arcs to them

Every episode is part of a longer arc. The arcs making up the first couple seasons were made out of the conventional chronological order as a way to gradually reveal things over a stretch of time as opposed to hitting you with them like one hit wonders. Most every episode is part of a greater story that concludes later.

Long stretches of boredom, punctuated by moments of abject terror.

Oh hey Rex

So in effect, the storytelling isn't linear, and is modeled more on the serials of old.

It gets more linear later, but at first, yes.

Sadly there's almost no fallout to each story arc

don't do that, kid

New rebels episode when?

Next week

no u

So, will Maul try to kill Obi-wan again or will he just give up and try to talk to him?

I really hope they just talk, or at least don't end up killing each other.
I know Maul is way past redeeming himself, but he's not stupid, they have fought for way too long, it's time to burry the hatchet.

Well, we know he can't kill Obi-wan, so he's the only one with something to lose really. Maybe the sand will get in his robot parts and cause them to stop working, stranding him in the middle of the desert to die a pitiful death.

Neither. He rightfully shouldn't give any shits about Obi-wan. Maul got his revenge. Their conflict is done.

Oh that's somehow ultra gross

thanks for the mega link hero!

What did he mean by this?

I want Uncle Owen shooting Maul in the back to be canon.

Hope that he could accomplish something for once in his fucking life.

Maul is a Sisyphean character. Every time he obtains something, its taken away from him and he's left with nothing, starting all over again.

Think of everything he's lost, how much he's struggled to regain it, and how its taken all away again and a gain.

Its amazing he is as sane as he is (Which is "just barely", look at how he reacted to Obi-wan(?) potentially being alive. He was somewhere between ecstatic and terrified)

He wants to deprive Obi-Wan of his boipus- eergh, apprentice.

When will they just get it over with?

The fallout is in the Revenge of the Sith. But within the course of the show, things start culminating toward the end of Season 5 and throughout Season 6.

Now that tatooine is gonna be the next stop, will we encounter a kid luke?

I don't care if the Seventh Sister has a cock or not. I still want her to dominate me.

Their conflict is done but Obi-Wan is pretty much the only remaining loose end he has any possible chance at dealing with. The Empire is far too powerful for him to take on Sheev, much less Vader. His Mandalorians have been scattered. Savage is dead. Talzin is dead, though we should be getting an update on that front later given Maul looks to be experimenting with Nightsister DAHK MAJICKS from the look of the trailer.

Obi-Wan is all he has left, and as we've been told, Maul is anything if stubborn at trying to make himself matter. Though I would like to see them just... talk. [Spoiler]Like good friends.[/Spoiler]

No one cares.

No and no. Dave has said before that he does not want the show to touch Tatooine and Luke before the events of ANH.

Also, Luke isn't a little kid at this point. He's 17. He's too busy fucking around with Biggs and friends at Tosche Station.

Next episode is Wedge Antilles.

>Kanan "sees" Maul as a dark black smokey figure
>Ezra is grey and wispy
Poetry

They look the same to me tbqh

Uploag when?

they look the same, man.
With his normal "sight" now he sees through feeling in the Force. Think of it like a little flashlight. Just bright enough to get an idea, a feeling of what's around you. The Holocrons combining is a star in comparison, so bright that he can literally see again.

It's more about him seeing through the Force, rather than it being some darkside/lightside thing.

>Obi-Wan is pretty much the only remaining loose end he has any possible chance at dealing with.

Loose end to what? What could Kenobi know that Sidious does not? It's not like there are any secrets of consequence that Obi-wan would know about. Last time they were face to face, Maul killed Satine. There's nothing Obi-wan has on Maul. And Maul ought to know that. Going after Kenobi cannot possibly yield any progress in his quest for vengeance against Sidious.

>"Twin suns"
>"HE LIVES"

He just really fucking hates Obi-Wan.

Well I see what you're saying, the distance and positioning could be a factor. But maybe that's not the point, it's not a literal visual difference but a symbolic shot.

Either way, I think Maul clearly looked way darker in that shot, and I wouldn't brush it off as coincidence.

Also I just want to mention that I adore how gleeful and insane Maul sounded at the end of the episode. My only slight gripe is that I thought Maul was done with Obi-Wan after Satine was killed. But then again, Maul has literally nothing now, he just wanted hope, and I guess he figured that by finally killing Kenobi, he can move on. I have to wonder how they're going to do this story without stepping on Luke's toes though. Ezra was clearly sensing that the "key to destroying the Sith" aka Luke is on Tatooine.

Maybe Kenobi tells them to piss off or something.

> I adore how gleeful and insane Maul sounded at the end of the episode.
I hope it's the last we see of him. Him being brought back was one of the dumbest things in Star Wars and it's been done twice now.

And no, they're the same shade, Maul is just a larger model and he is between the audience and the "light"

How does it feel knowing that they'd said they're not going to put Obi-Wan or Luke in Rebels until after ANH?

If it's the Rebels episode, it's here

You clearly didn't watch the trailer. We'll be seeing him at least one more time this season.

Honestly, I don't believe Maul saw Obi-Wan, he saw Savage. Think about it, we've seen the weird ass Nightsister magick gas from the trailers, Maul could be trying to resurrect his brother. I don't see how Obi-Wan would represent hope to him
Ezra saw 'twin suns' because that is a hint the key to destroying the Sith, waiting for Luke to fulfill his destiny. Maul wanted something different from the holocrons so saw something different

>I hope it's the last we see of him. Him being brought back was one of the dumbest things in Star Wars and it's been done twice now.
Didn't know it was possible to have such shit taste

He didn't break Obi-Wan though despite it. So he really didn't win.

>trusting trailers

Wait I forgot something
>trailers for fucking TV shows

The Rebels trailers all show footage from the first 4-6 episodes airing after the trailer goes live. If there's footage in it that hasn't happened yet, it's going to in the next month.

You're an idiot.

I was originally hoping this green eye stuff would be Nightsister Hoodoo, now with this episode's uncertain revelation for Maul, I feel a lot more confident it is.

>Maul shows up to get his ass kicked in "From the Journal of Old Ben Kenobi"

I really, really, really hope it wasn't Savage who is still alive. You just can't come back from being Sheeved.

Its probably Obi-wan, Maul has a hard on for him.

>Twin suns

I'm tired of maul, why won't this cancer die

He did die.
But he's also Filoni's waifu, so like all fanfiction authors he keeps bringing him back and making him important for no reason

Has the new episode been uploaded somewhere yet?

There's still the episodes with the Nightsister magic gas stuff, I bet Savage is 'alive' in the same way Mother Telzin was 'alive' in the Son of Dathomir comic, existing as a spirit

Never mind, I found it.

Your options are either some extreme GoogleFu, or actually reading the thread.

>Maul makes fun of the crew's rooms

>Highbacca

>This room smells like shit
>This room is too colorful
>This room is just right!

>Not wanting Maul the unkillable to live and be a menace forever.

>the phantom menace
>like phantom pain
>never going away
I now understand

youtube.com/watch?v=GxiNFbGyU90#t=4.4442809

Y-yes mistress

The plot of Rebels just kind of continues to curdle.

>There will never be a 3 episode arc where we follow a qt female Stormtrooper taking down rebel terrorists

We need a webm of that Bendu kek at 6:34

New name for my dick, I called it!

Lucas wanted to bring Maul back, retard. He regretted killing him in TPM.

Also, I seriously think "Twin suns, He lives" is a giant red herring. I'm 100% sure it has nothing to do with Obi-Wan. It's a big reference to either Nightsister magic or Anakin and Luke. The prophecy always referred to Twin Suns being Skywalker.

>get stabbed
>just passes out
>everyone thinks he is dead
>mandalorians find him
>he's now stuck in a bacta coma with a cult of Mandalorians worshipping him, their helmets adorned with a crown of horns like in the olden days

>until she is cut down unceremoniously by Ezra at the end of the episode

You mean Luke and Leia?

I think the implication isn't that they saw the twin suns specifically, but they saw Tatooine and both noticed different things in the vision. Ezra noticed the twin suns and the Force was trying to tell him the significance of that, while Maul saw that his old pal happened to be there.

Acceptable outcome

>those comments
>TWIN SONS

>LUKE AND LEIA
>MAUL AND SAVAGE

Again, why would Maul care about Obi-wan? He already got his revenge on him and ruled Mandalore before Sidious showed up. Obi-Wan is a crippled old man who lost everything. going after him at this point is pants on head retarded for Maul. Especially considering the fact that Sidious and Vader are much bigger threats and motivation to revenge. It's obvious he's talking about something else.

Who would "he" be if not Obi-Wan, though?

You are asking Maul to be rational. That is something we know he cannot do.

Savage
He's the only person in Maul's life he ever truly cared about, and with him at his side Maul came close to matching Sidious. Savage would give Maul hope that he could have his revenge on the Sith.
Maul was looking for hope after all, and Obi Wan isn't someone Maul would hope for

I don't think you're being rational about this, because Maul sure as hell isn't. Obi-Wan defeated him on Naboo and left him for dead. Everything - EVERYTHING - that has happened afterward can be seen as Obi-Wan's fault from Maul's Certain Point of View. It wouldn't matter that he killed Satine. It wouldn't matter that Obi-Wan lost the entire Jedi Order. It would matter, though, that despite so many Jedi being dead Obi-Wan continues to survive. Why would you assume this is something Maul wouldn't latch onto? Besides, between all the other targets Maul wants revenge against Obi-Wan would be the easier target. His only hope against Sheev was stealing an ancient Sith superweapon and it literally blew up in his face.

>He already got his revenge on him and ruled Mandalore before Sidious showed up
Yeah, but Maul's not the type to go "oh, I got him back, let's just leave it that." His whole thing is that he's obsessive and can't let go of anything, including grudges.

Plus, with Sidious, Vader and the Sith now a much more difficult target, I think he needs some other way to satisfy his revenge boner.

That's the wrong question to be asking. You have to look at TCW and his comic. Also, it's incredibly obvious it's a red herring.

No, it doesn't make sense considering what we've seen from Maul. Him going after Obi-Wan at this point would be fan service.
>Ah, I'm going after Darth Sidious and Darth Vader
>Let me spend all my time going after an old man that no longer means nothing to me

If he is going after Obi-wan, it's to train Luke to stop the sith. Other than that, it's someone else since we end up back on Dathomir with Nightsister magic.

I think Maul was looking for an abstract version of hope. Something to tell him it'll be worth it if he keeps fighting. It's purposeless to bring Savage back because it was a turning point for Maul's character.

>going after him at this point is pants on head retarded for Maul
user, pretty much everything Maul is doing right now is pants on head retarded. He's shown repeatedly that despite how calmly and eloquently he speaks, he's not a rational person by any means.

>and with him at his side Maul came close to matching Sidious.
Sidious wrecked both of their faces.

I hear what you're saying but again it doesn't make sense considering his plans for taking down the Sith. Obi-wan is a nobody at this point. Maul is focused on the end game. Obi-wan is irrelevant to his plans. He's planning something big.

Maul is so cute. Just look at that innocent face and puppy dog eyes.

True, but Sidious had to step off the throne to do it himself. Maul was something Sidious had to handle personally, virtually nothing else in the Clone Wars made him go that far
Yes, but all that "he lives!" stuff sounds like he found something less abstract. Plus we know he does something with that Nightsister green gas shit, that could be related to Savage

>He lives...

How many people do we know Maul thinks are dead or relevant? Savage and Obi-wan, Im not missing something am I? I can think of any one to get him to get an emotional responce like that.

did you fucking watch the episode? maul is over destroying the sith. he's said it himself.

True. But by this point Sidious has Vader and Maul himself has said Vader is way more powerful than him.

you turds hes talking about obi-wan

To clairfy as well, I'm talking about this too from a story perspective. It would be taking a massive step backwards from a narrative perspectives to have him focus on Obi-Wan. We had a major arc in TCW focusing on this from them to do it again would be stale and boring. I think it's meant to invoke fans attention but other than that it's a red herring to someone else.

Of course I did. But Maul is a lying motherfucker.

>everyone knows it's obi-wan that maul is talking about
>one retard has to disagree and put up his retarded theory

>Maul is focused on the end game
He doesn't just want to take down the Sith, though. He wants to kill "all his enemies." In a best case scenario where he did control the Sith weapon, somehow used it to kill Sidious and Vader, you can be he'd be using it to go after everyone who ever wronged him- Black Sun, the Pykes, the Hutts, if he ended up discovering Obi-Wan was alive he'd be targeted, hell he'd probably be petty enough to try to track down whatever Mandalorians didn't bow to him before. You keep trying to see Maul as a rational person whose plans are well-thought out but everything we've seen of him, especially in the Rebels era, shows that this isn't the case at all.

in this case, he isn't lying. he clearly wanted to destroy the sith last season, but understands that it's hopeless without the superweapon.

>the experienced crew from TCW would do something this unoriginal and uninspired

He's clearly talking about Morley, his snake buddy from Lotho Minor!

>Not talking about your new admiralfu

Im disappointed in you guys

>the experienced crew from TCW would bring back Maul

Who? sorry, has he done anything?

Wait when did he say that?

dammit not this shit again

I've taken Satine from Obi-wan and left him to wallow in it. I'm through with him
>he's telling the truth, guys
I'm done with taking revenge on the Sith
>Maul is a lying motherfucker

>which was Lucas's idea to flesh the character out and make him original

He let the rebels take 5 unless y-wings instead of pointlessly following the rebel fleet and making idiots of themselfs like they normally do. That puts him ahead of others by a long shot.

I can understand believing it could be someone other than Obi-Wan, but it being Savage makes even less sense.

I feel the same way. And it's a downright miserable ending for Leia and Luke too. I just don't see what could possibly be satisfying in a story like that. Especially in Star Wars. It was fine for the prequels to end on a depressing note because we knew what would eventually happen.

I've learnt my lesson. Fool me three times...

Look, we'll talk about blueberry boy when he shows up in an episode. Today was BlackRedMan as the villain.

Speaking of, I like that Maul managed to dig up one of these.

>one user falls for the bait so we all must fall for it
Its the most blatant red herring, based on a really stupid assumption that Ezra and Maul were seeing the same thing when they both explicitly wanted different questions answered

I said it would be stupid from him to focus on Obi-Wan at this point. And how would that work for this season? We go to the Tatooine and watch them duke it out with Kanan and Ezra having a nice chat with Kenobi afterward? It doesn't make sense. Filoni stated they're avoiding fan service because it doesn't make any damn sense. We've seen the Obi/Maul arc already. Why do we need to see it again?

>Luke

If anyone kicks Kylo's ass into redemption, it's going to be Rey because she's the main character and he's her villain. Based on spoilers, Luke wants Kylo dead so it could fall to Rey to restore some of his old idealism.

When Darth Maul "died" his body immediately left the room. He was a powerful Dark Side user who had abilities some would consider to be unnatural, in addition to the sustaining DAHRK MAHJICKS from Talzin.

Savage died on-screen, complete with a "ugh." He was never particularly strong in the Dark Side, particularly on his own merits, and we see the nightsister magics visibly leave his corpse.

He's dead. For real dead.

TWIN SONS?
TWIN SUNS?

>Luke wants Kylo dead
Pretty sure if Luke wanted it that much, he could just go and kill him.

Official Subtitles say Suns.

I think Luke is where he needs to be and doesn't think going after Kylo is a good idea. I think he's protecting something.

Maybe he did look it UP at the top of the page

Nice.

What day does episode 2 of Rebels drop?

3 years ago

Season 3 senpai

Next year if we're lucky.

>Despite having "cemented" his commitment to the Dark Side by killing his father, Kylo is in fact more torn apart than ever.
>Rey intrigues Kylo Ren. Either as a worthy adversary or a potential apprentice.
>He develops a crush on her. It's one-sided.
>Rey has anger at Kylo for killing Han; at Luke for abandoning the galaxy like her parents abandoned her; at her parents after she learns the truth about them; etc. She develops anger issues.
>Kylo worries that her descent into darkness will maker her suffer as it has him.
>She's about to cross the line in a major way
>Kylo is the one who stops her
>He redeems himself by saving/redeeming Rey
>He sticks his ding-dong in her hoo-hah
>Jedi babies

>this is actually going to happen

fucking hype

I always thought the idea that using force lightning a few times would turn you evil was stupid, that's all.

I liked guys like Kyle Katarn, that would use the best weapon for the moment, It made them relatable.

Kanan and Ezra are cool the same way, albeit I'll miss Ezra's blaster-saber. It was a cool evolution of Ezra being taught by Kanan, who uses blaster and saber in unison.

>tfw Kanan will almost certainly never use a blaster again because he's fucking blind

>Its the most blatant red herring, based on a really stupid assumption that Ezra and Maul were seeing the same thing when they both explicitly wanted different questions answered
But even Ezra conjectured that they were seeing each other's visions.

Somebody needs to kill the stupid fuck. Bringing Maul back was a mistake to begin with, but he really should have died in TCW. Having the "he" be Savage would be similarly contrived anyway. "He" being Obi-Wan is the least egregious choice for the story I can think of.
>Luke wants Kylo dead
I hope not. That doesn't sound very Lukeish.

It already did. Search "mega" in this thread.

>We've seen the Obi/Maul arc already. Why do we need to see it again?
You say that as if Maul wanting revenge against Sidious wasn't already an arc that played out and ended unfavorably for him. When we saw Maul reappear he was still harboring a huge grudge and still wanted to use a superweapon to get his revenge and still lusted for power and conquest, despite seemingly acknowledging that it had failed before and the Sith life had brought him nothing but misery. I don't see how that's somehow completely rational and not just a retread of his own storyline, but for some reason him still having a hateboner for Obi-Wan is.

After thinking about it for a little bit, I have to agree that Savage might be farfetched. The Witch magic in the trailer is curious, but I am not so sure it is Savage. I would love it to be, because I loved Maul's relationship with his brother, but;

is right. Savage's death was explicit. Plus, even IF there is a twist and "twin suns" is referring to something other than Tatooine, they are intentionally teasing the idea of a Maul/Obi fight. There would be backlash if they were rusing us over it.

Personally, I'm a bit burned by it because the admittedly silly Savage idea was nice to think about for about 20 minutes, and I also would have preferred Vader put Maul down, rather than old man Kenobi.

Ah well.

I think Obi-Wan should have been the one to kill Maul, but it should've happened years earlier. I loved his TCW storyline but I'm not really enthused about what's going on with him in Rebels because he's basically the same person he was 16-17 years earlier, still carrying on the same plans, and the only real effect he has on the main elements of Rebels is influencing Ezra (which really hasn't been huge, the holocron has done more to influence him than Maul has). People complain that Obi-Wan vs Maul at this point is just fanservice, but really, Maul's inclusion is already fanservice. The planned Maul vs Vader fight was just fanservice, even Filoni acknowledged it.

At this point, as contrived as it is, I'd rather see Maul be killed by an old Obi-Wan than just see him continue to hang around being a dark side sperg who can't accomplish anything.

I've always said Vader should kill Maul for the poetry of Anakin killing every Sith that appears in the films, including himself.

Then again, I think that should have happened in Twilight of the Apprentice...

>Maul and Ezra are walking to a set of cargo bay doors
>They suddenly open on their own
>Obi Wan throws his hood back, while youtube.com/watch?v=qzVBqBosf5w starts

>Obi kills Maul
>Ezra goes into a rage and starts going ham on Obi
>Obi still wins, this time

IT RHYMES

>Plus, even IF there is a twist and "twin suns" is referring to something other than Tatooine, they are intentionally teasing the idea of a Maul/Obi fight.
But Ezra and Maul were seeing two completely different things. Ezra saw two suns most likely meaning Anakin or Luke because they defeat the Sith together. We don't now what Maul saw besides his own oblivion.

Of course he's excited to find out Obi-Wan is still alive.
He was a good friend.

When you really think about it, Maul is this mad about Obi-Wan because he cut off his dick.
And i mean that easily explains why more than 20 years after he'd still want to murder Obi-Wan, i'd be that pissed too if someone would cut off my dick

It's true

Fun Fact: Two-thirds of Sheev's apprentices lost their dicks to Obi-Wan

Maul asked two questions, though. He asked for hope and saw oblivion. Then he asked, "What do YOU see?" After seeing it himself was when he started sperging about "him" living.

I wonder if Sheev has ever done this whole thing with combining the Holocrons.

Obi-Wan only cut through Vader's legs, if you're referring to that

Obi-Wan cut his legs, the lava dealt with the rest.

But because he had no legs to walk on his dick got burnt on coals on Mustafar.

I think he's mostly mad because he knows Obi-Wan got over what he did to him.
Maul went insane and then stewed for years over getting rekt, while Obi-Wan rose above the revenge that was supposed to break him.
It's got to hurt when you realise you went through so much for absolutely no long term gains.

His dick almost certainly got burned off due to his actions.

He burned it off. Still counts.

That could mean Luke or Anakin though.

>starwars.wikia.com/wiki/Chosen_One/Legends
>…And in the time of greatest despair, there shall come a savior, and he shall be known as THE SON OF THE SUNS.

>Legends
Stopped reading there

Kekeroo

Spin the middle side topwise

On less serious note...
What shenanigans will he get himself into this season?

That's a good trick.

Teaming up with Azmorigan in search of treasure, apparently

An Harem. And his own little flotilla.

Obi-Wan's introduction will be when he disguises himself and screws Hondo around for his own amusement.

Live action Hondo in the Han Solo anthology move when?

We're not that lucky

I had this exact thought when I saw that scene

Get captured by Darth Vader, who still bears a grudge over the whole "drugged and threw me in a cell with Dooku" thing.

To be fair, Hondo did later help him bring needed weapons to orange buttcheeks

And Saw Gerrera.

Just because it's Legends does not mean it's irrelevant. Most of the current canon has a framework based on Legends content. Have you not been paying attention? Also that exert comes from the Journal of the Whills which is VERY canon.

>Saw Gerrera
Wait, you don't think...

Oh man.

>Watching TFA trailer for the first time
>Oh shit, is that Leia at Luke's new Jedi Order?
>Is she giving an alien kid Luke's saber?
>Watch movie
>The Jedi are wiped out again
>It's some Yoda knockoff who magically has the saber

Maul kills him for ripping him off. It's what the holocron showed him.

I kind of want hear Vader say "We meet again..." and Hondo clumsily denying it with legitimate fear and learning how to be honest from the whole ordeal after being rescued

I can totally see it. Hiddles is crazy enough to pull off young Sheev.

What?

>where did you get that?
>a story for another time ;^)

Unless she's critical to the plot of the next 2, she will be the number one most bizarrely pointless character.

And Maz turned out to be so pointless they actually cut her out of the D'Qar scenes because they realized she had nothing to do and no reason to be there.

Hondo was such an idiot, if he had just given Dooku to the Jedi instead of getting greedy and fucking up, he'd be rich and still have his crew.

>being this much of a sanctimonious stuck up dickhead

How do you get through everyday life without getting punched in the face at least once a day?

How long did Darth Maul's reign over Mandalore last?

>Not a female Imperialfu
No thank you user. I'd rather talk about Pryce

If Star Wars is consistent on anything it's that Force users are a mistake and bring nothing but trouble regardless of their intentions.

>Rey finds the lightsaber in the Falcon's cargo hold, since Han found it at some point and was holding onto it
>Han gives her the "whoever you're waiting for isn't coming back, you kind of already knew that didn't you?" talk
There, now Maz has no reason to be in the movie

About 45 minutes

A few months, probably. Assuming he's deposed in Siege of Mandalore and not at some later point.

Eh, he still had his crew even after Grievous wrecked his hideout. Mostly it was the Empire cracking down on piracy that left Hondo in bad shape.

You blew it, you talked about her, she's dying in an episode. Two at most.

As fanservicey as it is, I'd love to see Obi-Wan and Hondo team up again as old dudes

It's staggering to me why she was included.

IIRC, the purpose of her planet was for:
Finn to have his 5 second rejection of the call
The saber
The first explicit example of Rey showing force sensitivity
Rey running away and getting captured

Would it really have been so difficult for Han to have the saber as you suggested, then have them land on a planet for supplies (as the Falcon was a neglected rust bucket at the time) and have the rest happen naturally?

Was it really necessary to add in a character that is apparently a big deal (but nobody had any compunctions blowing the shit out of the area), lived for millennia and had knowledge of Jedi and Sith (but Sheev or Vader never once got wind of her)?

I don't reject the Legends EU or conversation thereron, but he was using a Legends article in the Wook to prove his interpretation of something that is happening in Canon. His argument was already invalid.

She's just a stand in who'll get her self killed so the rebels can get a 'victory' as Thrawn plays 4d chess

>"Ezra, did I ever tell you about the time I had one of my men blow off Maul's leg and sent him running and screaming like a little bitch?"
>"I find that hard to... no, you know what, I can totally buy that."

You could probably give the Force talk to Han, too
>"Look kid, I don't know much about the Force, but I think that weapon's calling to you. The Force works in weird ways, maybe a Jedi might call this destiny or fate, I don't know. What I do know is, if you have the Force in you, that weapon might be better off with you than sitting in some old box. I was saving it for Luke, to give it back to him if I ever saw him again, but you know what? I don't think he needs it that badly."

>Vader locks Hondo and Maul in a cell together in revenge for

Maul is so bad at his job.
>cut in half by a padawan
>defeated by a blind man

He was a good friend

I just feel so bad for him, even though he's a bumbling failure. Like the retarded puppy at the pound that keeps soiling itself.

Maul losing his legs and failing horribly is a few degrees from being a recurring joke, like Kenny dying or the Cabbage Merchant.

And I don't even mind. It's still funny evertime.

Had a halfway decent selection of Black Series stuff (Jakku Rey, Maskless Kylo, Jyn, Casnian, K-250 Death Trooper) Came close to getting Jyn because the face was cute, but I opted to go with the Death Trooper for some reason.

I liked Maul's Droid goons. I hope they reuse their designs.

#KreiaWasRight

They're already re-used, at least one of them appeared in TCW

starwars.wikia.com/wiki/Unidentified_tour_guide_droid

Han really would have been one of the best-positioned to recover Luke's saber, as he could have just asked Lando to have some Ugnaughts dig it out of the Bespin service tunnels.

He could have been spending the time since Ben's fall to the dark side listlessly wandering the sites of his old adventures, picking up bits of history to pass on to the next generation of heroes like some space Bilbo Baggins. I mean come on, if there had been a scene in the Falcon with Boba Fett's helmet sitting on a shelf in the background, that would have worked way better than his armor implied to be on a Sandcrawler in one of these shitty new novels.

Instead we had to find him jobbing across the galaxy with some of the most uninspired creatures in Star Wars history, with absolutely zero character development over the past 30 years.

This is why I love Maul, he keeps on failing and failing yet he gets back on his feet over and over. He just don't give up.
Sheev taught him well.

>voiced by Dave Filoni
Oh shit that's nice

Yeah, that's probably why he's so popular. Well, that and his look.

Are the people who think it's Savage the same people who thought Ventress was in the Holocron?

Because they are fucking stupid.

Fun fact: if you look closely after it's been shot, it has a frowny face

>his look

Indeed!

>Journal of the Whills
>not canon

0/10

: (

F

His groin area is intact. He still has a dick. If anything, the burns made it become a BBC

By this point it probably is.

That's a dapper Maul

A single poem from it is is

starwars.wikia.com/wiki/Journal_of_the_Whills

"First comes the day
Then comes the night.
After the darkness
Shines through the light.
The difference, they say,
Is only made right
By the resolving of gray
Through refined Jedi sight."
―Journal of the Whills, 7:477

I honestly think this is how it might go. Just add in the "leaks" about Luke wanting Rey to kill Kylo and Rey not wanting to.

How does burning it make it bigger?

So...

Because once you go black, you never go back. And being black increases dick size exponentially.

Damn you, you made me do a spit-take.

wow, first time i notice the droid on the right has those three spidery legs. Creepy

>It's another Maul episode

This useless fuck died in '99, why is he still shitting up Star Wars?

Me either but you keep surprising me

You and Maul have something in common then, you both should have died in '99. Why are you shitting up the thread?

>Stop having different opinions other than what I deem ok
Fuck off you cocksucker.

that doesn't even make sense.

New Poster

I really want to know the origin of the Rebel biker helmet.

Obvious samefag

I know that poster.

>the best of the best
>can't stop fucking Barriss, one of the shittiest apprentices.

how were these retards supposed to guard a fucking thing?

>movie novelization
>canon

>retards taking the bait from the most obvious red herring
Maul's obviously talking about him. You can see him briefly in the trailer.

hah, she has a heart on her belt buckle

do you think that's hers or is it part of the prisoner garb and is there to humiliate prisoners?

technically now all novelizations of new movies are canon.

before, the novelizations were listed as canon, with the exception of stuff that is not canon.

the people that thought this was a good idea are still in charge of shit at Lucasfilms.

It's hers, it's always been part of her outfit

Damn it, beat me to the joke

Guess this means Kylo isn't full dark side yet

The script itself already said that.

>before, the novelizations were listed as canon, with the exception of stuff that is not canon.
Pretty sure that's still the case.

Only the original novelizations are not canon. The new OT ones and the ST ones are canon.

Who's the new cutie Imperial that's gonna die?

if the book talks about that, yes.

nope.
novelizations are not canon, just the movies.

Nope. Old film novelizations are not, new novelizations are where they don't contradict the films.

>they got rid of the EU just so they could make the same mistakes all over again.

Is everyone that goes near Lucas just become as fucking retarded as him?

>yfw you were there as Tumblr cried out when Ahsoka lost her """""waifu"""""

One of those guys is the Grand Inquisitor, right? I really hope we get his backstory.

>tumblr
It happened here too

She was a good waifu.

>Thread dies before 6-o clock
What happened

>ROTS the best movie other than Empire is it's commitment to tone.
I agree. i love the first fun 20 minutes that ends abruptly when little Ani decapitates an old man in cold blood murder.

bump limits?

>>She was a good waifu.

Too lazy to take a photo right now but I've had the ARC (Advanced Reading Copy) for weeks now. A year after the events of ROTS.

And because I'm too lazy to mark my spoilers, I ain't covering that shit.

Any question of yours will be answered in this

NEW THREAD NEW THREAD NEW THREAD

>>A year after the events of ROTS.
Ah, good. But do you know where? 1313? Some blackwater in the Outer Rim? Multiple planets?

is there a dl link for the new episode yet?

>that Zeb/Kallus one from last thread
You mean this one?