pastebin.com/xGcgfR92
pastebin.com/QdJbLrZH
soundgasm.net/u/MarieBlue/Fire-Lord-Azulas-Consort
youtube.com/watch?v=XmTQ9V9AVao
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

I want to be /fit/ like Korra! But all I do is swimming

Swimming isn't bad.
But isn't it basically cardio?
You'd get a wiry figure from that, but it wouldn't help your gains.

Maybe ask /fit/.

Third for best girl.

Is that Pharah?

Then swim more

If you think olympic level swimmers only swim then you're silly.

With a few minor adjustments, you can turn every Korrasami pic into a Pharah x Widowmaker piece.

She stinks and I don't like her.

Going on /fit/ was a mistake

Why? It's one of the few useful boards, it motivated me to start going to the gym.

Then I moved to a different city and stopped...

I moved on to Farrah from Overwatch.

She's Brown, /fit/ yet has tits and ass abd she has a highly successful military career.

I don't think widow maker would pose with the person who shot her mom.

Thread needs more Lin.

>not even knowing how to spell your waifu's name

No, Widowmaker shot Pharah's Mom.

Anyway, back to Korra.

I want to grab her hips.

Pharah shot Widowmaker's mom? Jesus. Talk about served cold.

Lift.
>mfw Korra physique but not brown

Excellent life hack, user.

Get tanned, motherfucker.

I don't want my skin to get all shitty from tanning.

She's the one who took out Ana's eye.

So, is Makolin the preferred ship now?

When did korra get a watermark tattoo on her abs?

The moment she joined the gay agenda. They own her now.

But they're lesbians user, the internest people said so, which means their history doesn't matter.

Yes Yes No
Yes Yes No
Yes No No

Are they making a comic announcement soon?

>Taking the chin so sharp that it could puncture the hull of an empire-class Fire Nation battle ship, leaving thousands to drown at sea but not Pema

Yes to all.

Pema has had so many kids they air scooter out.

I would engage in ball-slapping, passionate sex with them all, and If they have children, I would rub it in their faces. Literally, in the case of Korra's mom.

Probably at NYCC, though the new artist recently said she wouldn't be able to attend.

I want her to beat me up

Su has actually had more

>Tell us how you would fix the show!

Aang was a Master level bender despite being raised in peace, love, and fun for a short time.
Korra on the other hand was older, fully embraced being an Avatar much younger than Aang did, grew up pretty much only knowing bending training, and LOVES punching people. She should be an absolute beast in bending so I'd do everything to emphasize that.

S1: She's able to throw Amon off in their duel while terrified but loses because Chi Blockers constantly assault her from the shadows while she's trying to focus on Amon until she's brought down. It's also a very messy fight because since she's so anxious her bending unintentionally just levels the area at a ATLA scale. In the aftermath of the fight, she tells her friends she realized that Amon is some how a bloodbender because she's good enough at fighting to notice him subtly throwing her aim off during the fight.
Korra is able to overpower Tarrlock's bloodbending with raw waterbending power of her own, have him win through trickery like say, he makes a wave of water as a smoke screen while he runs and turns a corner, then when Korra chases he uses a Chi Blocker gauntlet on the wet floor to knock her out.

Have her actually fucking learn air bending. Even if you want to pull the whole blocked bending plot, have her understand Tenzen's teachings with her life on the line and begin to airbend from there. Also establish that Amon needs to block individual bendings by having him need to hit korra 4 times to block her completely.

S2: She should have just floored the Dark Avatar with no difficulty. She's a fully realized Avatar with all 4 bending skills and the avatar liniage, there's no good reason for this to be a remotely even battle. She beats him into the ground and he pulls the jinora stunt as a desperate last resort.

yes please

going on Cred Forums period is a mistake

you're already here, the only way to double down on bad decisions is to go to Cred Forums Cred Forums /lit/ or Cred Forums

Swimming is good enough if you do a lot of it. You train your entire body.

/fit/ is like Cred Forums when it comes to advice. They can never agree on anything and will bitch on for hours while the newcomer leaves even more confused than when they entered. That's one of the main reasons, among several others, more people don't work out: fitness culture is practically made of contradictions and every expert is right and wrong at the same time.

You know, LOK has some weird similarities with other decent quality but ultimately "short of the bar" stuff I like.

>Bioshock Infinite, for instance

Great concept, flawed execution that doesn't prevent me enjoying it. An ardent wish the creators had worked more carefully and invested more time in the characters and the world, and dealing with real problems such as zealotry.

>Comstock was a better villain than Amon

Prove me wrong Cred Forumsmrades

why does bryan draw asami like she's a contestant on rupaul

Why does he like that piece of shit so much?

he personally designed her and she's probably his waifu

desu TLA was better

enjoy my ban

My brother looked like that and all he really did was swim and minor weightlifting.

He's right though, why should Korra lose the majority of her important fights when fighting is her strong point?

The Legend of Korra was great except for a few nitpicks and the fact that the animation in Season 2 was awful for like 8 episodes straight. Bryke are just bad writers, Korra herself is a good character.

This opinion is the only one that matters.

fuck off nobody gives a shit

Like LoK, the entire plot could be averted if the main character wasnt retarded, so i don't think it matters who is the best villain.

>a few nitchpick
>the entire fucking plot and motivations of the characters

this

Because her strong point is still weak?

this desu

bryke are at their best when they have a bigger team to work with with people who aren't afraid to tell them some of their ideas just aren't good ones, and i'm not even much of an ehasz fan

But that's objectively right. In infinitely they could literally open a hole in reality and go anywhere else. In LoK Korra could just do nothing.

Nigga you know that's too broad a statement to ever be correct. Were there some weak story bits? Yes, but that doesn't mean nothing worked.

don't engage them

>korra is a good character
"Amon is a waterbender"

"Hey guys, lets try to take the most dangerous crimminals on the planet by ourselves"

"How the FUCK you don't want to be an air nomads? Get back here you lazy fuck!"

"Earth queen stop kidnapping people to be your soldiers. Only i can do that"

"Lets leave the portals open"

"I know. I will just steal the boyfriend from my best and only female friend"

"Urgh.. Lost 3 bending, now i'm a loser"

...c'mon user. We could fill the entire thread with example of how she is a shitty character.

I want Korra to slap me around when she's drunk like I'm a battered housewife. Then I want her to knock me down, stradle me, take my face into her hands and whisper how much she loves me.

There were "weak story bits" in EVERY season. Hell, S02 shouldnt even work as Korra could literally just stay at home after discovering what Unalaq was up to and he would have failed. Zaheer's motivation is not only ridiculous, it is badly executed as his plans involve trapping the fucking Avatar inside a goddamn mountain with a river below. Kuvira attacking RC was just laughable, going inside a city to melee attacking when she can shoot from kilometers of distance.

You decided to ignore major plot points and call it nitchpick. I fail to understand why.

same

Shes a powerful and well trained bender. She is supposedly a master in 3 elements from the get go since she's been trained in them her entire life.

Fighting should not be a problem for her, but it was and it was jarring to watch her lose to opponents who by all means should get destroyed in a fight.

If she has to lose do it like Zaheer, outsmart her, get an advantage so big she can't recover from it and so on. Don't go power levels like they did with Unalaq (and his "power level" would still be below hers).

This has actual valid criticism. is just nitpicking while intentionally ignoring the context of the situations Korra was in.

>There were "weak story bits" in EVERY season. Hell, S02 shouldnt even work as Korra could literally just stay at home after discovering what Unalaq was up to and he would have failed.
Is this WHILE he had her surrogate father's kid hostage or sometime before that?

is that rule 34 korra making up the mosaic?

Well, for someone he liked so much, she never really had much to do.

She's the occasionally helpful token eye candy in the show at best, which is a crying shame, because she's probably the most well-designed character.

I would imagine he means before Jinora and Korra even enters the spirit world.

>because she's probably the most well-designed character.
She has a nice design but it's also really generic and nothing original (for someone whose design was supposed to be based on a 1940s actress in a 1920s-esque setting, they really fell through with Asami). You could make a decently sized collage of animated women with pale skin, dark wavy hair and a sultry look. The best part of her design was really just the mechanical jumpsuit.

Zaheer's motivation wasn't ridiculous. Actual, unironic anarchist exist and his plan to kill Korra was pretty solid.

Marry Fuck Kill
Fuck Fuck Fuck
Kill Fuck Kill

She loses to random nombender mooks. Fucking basement-dwelling mooks. You can't claim she is any good after that, só basically she trained wrong all those years, or at least didn't learn anything.

>she is a master in 3 elements
Mastery at this point is just a buzzword i. This show. Aang also 'mastered' earthbending, but later on Toph pointed out that he sucked at it.

>fighting shouldnt be a problem for her
But it was, which means she sucks at it.

The point was from the start that she shouldn't have lost in the first place.

So whatever happened doesn't really matter.

>só basically she trained wrong all those years
She did but that wasn't her fault, she was kept locked in a compound and if her firebending teacher and Katara were any indication, she was only the traditional arts that never really changed over the span of 70 years while the bending and combat in the outside world did change. Nobody ever thought to tell her what chi-blocking was.

And she only really lost to Equalist mooks twice, afterward they never got the jump on her again and she even beat Lieutenant iirc.

>She loses to random nombender mooks.
Did she ever after her first fight with the equalist chi blockers?

If you want to count them ganging up on her at Aang's memorial island, then yeah.

Surprise buttfucks don't count

Ok then yeah she only lost to Equalist grunts once.

Existing in the real world =\= not being retarded. Some people unironically eat shit. The real issue is more how he didn't explain his points. He just said that "chaos will help somehow" and people roll with this without questioning.

Also, his plans weren't consistent at all. He killed a world leader and let a vacuum in power and expected that no one would take it. I repewt: he expected that NO ONE would take power and people would cooperate. He also didn't expect that people would start stealing and raping through the land when there is no one to impose order. That is retardation.

His actually plan to capture and kill the avatar was also flawed, because Korra needed some way to escape. He could literally just break her limbs so she couldnt escape, or just properly tie her, or not put her in a goddamn mountain, or use the paralizing thing they used to capture her the first time.

Before, since there is no reason for Korra to even be in the spirit world

>surprise
That slut was probrably expecting it. I bet she knew Amon wouldnt play fair.

>He could literally just break her limbs so she couldnt escape,
To be fair villains are never allowed to think logically when they capture the hero.

It's why James Bond and Batman are put on death traps rather than killing them right away or why Zuko and Zhao never bothered breaking Aang's bones

>explicit fails in her character
>about a discussion on her character
>nitpick
wat?

They're incredibly oversimplified and misinterpreted to try and make Korra look as bad as possible while ignoring the context.

>The point was from the start that she shouldn't have lost in the first place
and the point i made was that she should because they made her that weak.

>She did but that wasn't her fault
That's debatable. Most likely the combat changed for worst anyway, as bending is clearly weaker.

only because she had friends later on to save her ass.

>That's debatable.
How the hell is that debatable? Korra was four when she was put in the compound.

I can understand the villain underestimating the hero, or simply being crazy enough not to kill him right away. Sometimes it's okay; Batman and Bond are still just humans and won't suddenly break their way out of traps with super strength or some shit, even tough their opponents should know better. Most of the time, however, the opponent is just that crazy or that hateful of the hero (like the joker, enigma, etc).The same logic could not be aplied to Zaheer because he was somewhat reasonable, and the stakes for him were too high to commit such a basic mistake.

i should also point out: with Aang they at least trapped him with chains and in a pillars of wood if i'm not mistaken, which is enough for a 12 years old kid. Yes, it may still not be enough but it is understandable why the enemy would think that it is enough. But Zaheer was activelly trying to make Korra use the avatar state! his plans weren't just "trap and deliver Korra to the firelord alive", but to make her use her full power and then kill her. It's just way off.

Context is: Korra is acting like a cunt because that's what she is.

Zaheer did say in book 4 that he greatly underestimated Korra and the Avatar state's powers and told her that she should have died from the poison right away.

I hardly doubt they kept her there against her will, or that she couldn't go out and see the rest of the south. Staying there was still her choice.

>Pema
>No

>Not shipping it

Sometimes I think kyhu's older work looks better than her newer work.

This would make a decent banner.

Why were there so many hot older women on this show? Is that Mike and/or Bryan's fetish?

Mako getting all Maggie May up in the house.

Every time I see Pema I get a powerful urge to cuck Tenzin, which makes me feel bad because Tenzin's a nice guy.

I guess they felt obligated to balance out after filling ATLA with mostly jailbait girls and older men

She's gotten better at drawing but pretty much all of her shit now is Korra and Asami from a 3/4ths angle staring blankly and smiling sensually while wearing very little clothing. It's really no surprise she didn't get into the art show.

A Beifong will be the next Avatar.

Screenshot this!

>he doesn't know

I never thought that the FN royals would be overthrown as bryke's favorite family.

>Doesn't explain his points
Because having a character outline their stance on anarchist moral and political philosophy would take far too much time for a 13 episode action cartoon for children

>Inconsistent
Except that he believed the chance of anyone taking power was small, and that the Red Lotus would always be there as a corrective to kill anyone who got too powerful

>Break her arms
Except you have no idea if damage this severe would trigger the avatar state or not.
>properly tie
He fucking suspended her by four metal chains which Korra ripped clean out of solid rock

I've had enough of the Beifongs, to be honest. I think if they ever do a series about the next Avatar they should cut all ties with ATLA/LOK in terms of returning characters.

People still complaining about Korra not winning every fight when the entire point of it all is that smart villains know better than to just throw down with the Avatar

I spent like two years developing a story about Korra giving up her bending to be able to have children with Asami and those kids go on to train the next Avatar.

I thought it was a cute story but it triggered some adopted SJW. I didn't really care about their criticism at first but I looked back at the story and figured that the earthbender was obviously the favored character (imo) so I got rid of all of them except for him and made him adopted and kept all of the same story for him.

Even though I fell to SJW critique I think it might have made the story better. Korra gets to keep her bending and the most interesting kid gets to stay.

If they will ever make a 3rd series, they should set it 200-300 years after LoK.

no its rule 34 of Luke Cage

man watching Korra before I started reading the Codex Alera fucked up that series I know everyone is supposed to be white Romans but I keep on picturing Asians.

I need a episode of their adventures in their adulthood.

That added Suki just makes it look like Sokka is cucking her with Zuzu

>implying you wouldn't

>Tell us how you would fix the show!
Aren't you autismal motherfuckers tired ot making this same thread every day for the past few years?

Flapper dresses and those haircuts together are ugly as shit.

>Someone reposted my picture

Damn, I'd never ever seen that happen since I made it.

It's not wrong to complain that Korra, who is supposed to be a good fighter, is made to job most fights she had in the entire series.
Her last victory in the show was the motorcycle mooks in early Book 3, let that sink in.

That's not fair, she beat up some Earth Empire mooks when rescuing Wu from a kidnapping

I guess that can be said to count but she fought her way out of the train, didn't exactly face and beat the mooks.

they look good on thinner women with now curves

I've seen it posted several times now

Well I hadn't.

maybe

>Instead of badass Firelord Zuko we got senile Zuko who jobbed in the snow against an earthbender hurling rocks from a truck.

But Zuko has always been a jobber

Did they really have to bring him back to have him job again though

Honestly if you're surprised a guy in his late 80s lost to a group of bending freaks half his age I don't know what to tell you.

Agreed, or at least make him lose in style like Tenzin did.

But I guess only Toph was allowed to be cool in LoK.

Toph was really the character they didn't need to bring back. It really showed just how horrible of a person she really is. I still like ATLA Toph but it's really no surprise she was a shitty mom who couldn't maintain a romantic relationship and her kids ended up with issues.

I know what to tell you, you haven't watched Avatar.

Those were guys taking on a bunch of normal bending grunts. Zuko fought a guy who could make lava and a woman with no arms who still managed to turn herself into spider-man. And a woman who could blow up things with her brain. And apparently LOK's take on Jackie Chan.

>Those were guys taking on a bunch of normal bending grunts
An army of them, during the fucking Sozin's comet. And that's only in the final episodes, they're repeatedly shown to be some of the strongest benders in the world.

Zuko lost against the lava guy when all the lava guy had to work with was a few rocks from the back of a truck.

I'm having difficulty parsing what you mean with "job most fights", but you're first literally wrong regarding it being her last victory, and secondly it's boring having a hero that can simply beat her opposition into submission every time

As a writer, if you got a character that is supposed to be strong your job is to first accurately portray this, I think the show did it fine by for example changing the roles in the season 3 finale where Korra channeled Ozai with Zaheer as the dodging airbender

Your second job as a writer is then to have villains that can exploit your hero's weaknesses, it would be tremendously boring if the villains were just Ozai clones and all Korra had to do was beat the shit out of them in a duel

Bumi aside they weren't as old as Zuko was.

But yeah, Zuko was pathetic I guess he isn't allowed to be the best at his element like Katara and Toph were.

to be fair the area for the prison was chosen because the cold prevents firebending, the fact Zuko was firebending at all is actually impressive

As it's been said in this thread, average firebenders still weren't getting that much of a boost thanks to Sozin's Comet.

But it's an apples and oranges argument because LOK and ATLA handle the threat levels of their antagonists differently. Old man Zuko in ATLA would have wiped the floor with everyone, the White Lotus in LOK would get its ass kicked.

Both were gimped and Zuko lost like a bitch.

What was her next victory, then?
>it's boring having a hero that can simply beat her opposition into submission every time
It's stupid having a hero who is supposed to be one of the greatest warriors on the planet lose every fucking time, often for no real logical reason.

>But yeah, Zuko was pathetic I guess he isn't allowed to be the best at his element like Katara and Toph were.
It would kind of defeat the point if he was, I've always seen Zuko as that guy who had no luck in life, his firebending's only any good because he had great teacher, his family issues are legendary, he has a really screwed up moral compass, he frequently loses to basically anyone, but he keeps going anyway, he eventually finds a way to win and do the right thing despite all his problems. Making him especially powerful or wise defeats the point, he's an underdog who eventually struggles to victory, not a child genius like the other members of team avatar

She doesn't lose every time.

She loses the vast majority of times. It makes her look pathetic, and it's pretty poor planning on the creator's side because they very often failed to portray Korra as the powerhouse she's supposed to be. This is why people say she's a shit bender and a weak fighter.

Yeah but the point of those arcs is to let the underfdog triumph in the end but he has yet to win a fight against a named character since Zhao.

I know that his character arc is beyond powerlevel shit but it's frustrating to keep seeing him lose in the finale and in all of the post-ending stuff.

So was it Zaheer or Korra that ended up in prison after season 3? Did Korra lose to Kuvira's goons when they were trying to kidnap Prince Wu? Did Korra get crushed by the colossus? Was it really Kuvira who won in the end?

Also which fights did she lose for no logical reason?

And anyone who actually pays attention to the show knows that's not true. She pulls off amazing displays of bending all the time and she's an excellent martial artist. She "loses" so much because she keeps getting matched against enemies with unique advantages and those are her ONLY opponents for the entire book, unlike Aang who got monster of the week type episodes where had to face a problem and then overcome it within the span of twenty-two minutes.

>She loses the vast majority of times.

Let's do the math:
Book1:
1) Firebending training: won
1)triad gangsters: won
3) equalist mooks: lost
3) lieutenant and big ass guy: won
4) equalist hunt: won
6) equalists in the arena: no clear result
7) Hiroshi's mechs: lost
8) equalist hunt with team avatar: won
8) Tarlokk: lost due to hax bloodbending
9) lieutenant: won
10) mechs and equalists: won
12) Amon: won

Book 2:
1) Angry Spirit: lost
2) Bunch of angry spirits: won
4) Unalaq: won
5) Eska and Desna: stalemate
6) Giant Spirit monster: lost
12) Angry spirits: lost
13) Vaatu: won
13) Avatar state Unalaq: lost
14) Unavaatu: won

>So was it Zaheer or Korra that ended up in prison after season 3?
You do realize Jinora and the airbenders defeated Zaheer, right?

>Did Korra lose to Kuvira's goons when they were trying to kidnap Prince Wu?
She ran away from them.

>Did Korra get crushed by the colossus?
She ineffectively threw rocks at it while everyone else destroyed it. The best thing she did in that fight was to immobilize it, which was cool except it only drove home how she SHOULD have been able to destroy it, but couldn't pierce it's plot armor.

>Was it really Kuvira who won in the end?
They drew.

>And anyone who actually pays attention to the show knows that's not true
*I* know that's not true. But she is not allowed by the situation her writers crafted to almost ever display her competence and power, which is a BIG FUCKING FLAW from the show. Too often was she used as a punching bag just to show how cool and dangerous the new villains were.

>But she is not allowed by the situation her writers crafted to almost ever display her competence and power, which is a BIG FUCKING FLAW from the show.
Ok, I can agree with that. I can only assume it was supposed to show how even with power, Korra still lacked the experience to deal with a variety of threats. She still could have used more minor wins though. Her fight against Kuvira was just unnecessary.

>Also which fights did she lose for no logical reason?

The fight where she could have snapped the chains and defeated Zaheer before the poison.

The fight in the control room of Kuvira's mech where Kuvira only had metal to work with and Korra had the Avatar State plus metal plus the other three elements to work with as well.

The fight against Unalaq and Vaatu where a person in their prime lost to an older man who sat and meditated where said person in their prime had access to 10,000 years of combat experience plus three additional elements.

>Also which fights did she lose for no logical reason?
The fights against spirits in the avatar state when it was later shown they were literally weak to bending.

Book 3
Bandits: Won
Zaheer (episode 12): Lost but was in chains
Zaheer (episode 13): I really don't know how to grade this, Korra ends up winning with outside help but she was only about to lose because of the unfair poison handicap

Book 4:
MMA earth fighters: lost
Toph: lost
Kuvira: lost because of PTSD
Wu kidnappers: won
Kuvira: won

Help me out if I'm forgetting some.

>You do realize Jinora and the airbenders defeated Zaheer, right?

The airbenders dragged Korra away from him, he could have escaped, but Korra wrapped her chains to his leg using the metal bending she learned that season to drag him down with her and slamming him into the ground for the ultimate KO

>She ran away from them.

And "she ran away" is a major mischaracterization of event, she fought them off until they could get the VIP out of the area of danger

>he ineffectively threw rocks at it while everyone else destroyed it. The best thing she did in that fight was to immobilize it, which was cool except it only drove home how she SHOULD have been able to destroy it, but couldn't pierce it's plot armor.

If it had not been for Korra they would never have been able to take it down, a team victory is still a victory

>They drew.

Sure, and Japan fought the US to a draw, Kuvira got beaten, and then had her own weapon almost blow up in her face, and would have been dead had Korra not been powerful enough to bend the spirit beam

> The fight where she could have snapped the chains and defeated Zaheer before the poison.

Didn't the show make it pretty clear that chains were Platinum?

>using the metal bending she learned that season
Platinum chains.

>a team victory is still a victory
A team victory is what Korra always had with said team being the actual movers and shakers while she was just there. This is supposed to be her legend, this is supposed to be her story.

>You do realize Jinora and the airbenders defeated Zaheer, right?
No, they stopped him from killing her, Korra still ultimately won the fight. Webm related.

>She ran away from them.
Because they got the VIP away from them. Once they had Wu there was no reason to continue fighting.

>She ineffectively threw rocks at it while everyone else destroyed it. The best thing she did in that fight was to immobilize it, which was cool except it only drove home how she SHOULD have been able to destroy it, but couldn't pierce it's plot armor.
A team victory is still a victory

>They drew.
No, Kuvira lost.

>The fight where she could have snapped the chains and defeated Zaheer before the poison.

That's not a fight. Also, it's shown that she needed the avatar state to rip out of the chains

>The fight in the control room of Kuvira's mech where Kuvira only had metal to work with and Korra had the Avatar State plus metal plus the other three elements to work with as well.

She won that though. If the mech hadn't self-destructed she would've beaten Kuvira.

>The fight against Unalaq and Vaatu where a person in their prime lost to an older man who sat and meditated where said person in their prime had access to 10,000 years of combat experience plus three additional elements.

She was winning that fight until Vaatu ripped Raava out of her.

Yes. I believe Ming Hua quips about it.

>Didn't the show make it pretty clear that chains were Platinum?

They also showed her snapping them later. You can break/destroy/ruin platinum. But you can't "bend" it.

You guys need to stop bringing power levels into this bullshit.
LoK's main currency is incompetence.
The heroes are all incompetent for the majority of the show until it seems that the villains will actually win this one.
At this point, the bad guys suddenly come down with a bad case of the incompetence and fuck up at the last second.

THE END

Korra is a special needs kid with two left hands, because the plot demands her to be one.

>The fight against Unalaq and Vaatu where a person in their prime lost to an older man who sat and meditated where said person in their prime had access to 10,000 years of combat experience plus three additional elements.

I've always considered that Unalaq and Vaatu's strength to come from the fact that most recent history had been pretty dark and chaotic

Lore wise it is explained that the spirits of dark and light feed off the events in the world, just like how Vaatu grew in power during Avatar Wan's time thanks to the conflict he was creating between spirits and humans

During Korra's time the world had just experienced two genocides, 100 years of war, and Vaatu was seeding the world with dark spirits like before

Is there anyone stronger than Nuktuk, hero of the south?

They show her snapping the chains from the rock wall they were fastened to

A little bit more difficult doing that when the chains are fastened to your hands

>14) Unavaatu: won
No she didn't.
>4) Unalaq: won
No she didn't.
>12) Amon: won
Not exactly, she managed to knock him out the window.
>Zaheer (episode 13):
Lost, user. Though it's definitely a good loss, compared to the others. Book 3 was the season that showed her off the best.
>Kuvira: lost because of PTSD
No, she lost because she fought extremely poorly, like a fucking novice. I don't know what the choreographer was thinking. Then the PTSD only kicked in when she used the Avatar state.
>Wu kidnappers: won
Ran away.
>Kuvira: won
Drew. She was also COMPLETELY useless against the Mech.

>And "she ran away" is a major mischaracterization of event, she fought them off until they could get the VIP out of the area of danger
I still wouldn't call it a victory.
>Kuvira got beaten
NO, Kuvira and Korra drew in their fight. Then the mech exploded. Korra saved her life, but that does not mean she won the fight.

way because you hate korra cry more you little bitch

>tfw wanna be fit like korra but the gym wants a bank account and all i use for my money is paypal

The way you fail to comprehend the distinction between victory and defeat makes you look pretty dense

You would make a good earthbender

>A little bit more difficult doing that when the chains are fastened to your hands

Iroh did it. And he doesn't even have the Avatar State or three other elements to work with.

>wasting your money in a gym instead of using what you have at your home

You deserve the fate you have.

>having a character outline their stance on anarchist moral and political philosophy would take far too much time
no need to explain all. Just what exactly killing world leaders will achieve. He can't explain that, because it would show how flawed his logic is.

>he believed the chance of anyone taking power was small
that's called retardadion; believing that power will be there and no one will take it. Also, if he must kill any leader that ever arise, they might as well take power themselves.Not only that, killing leaders will just mean the place will be always in chaos and people will always be raping the land, which i doubt is the result Zaheer wants.

>you have no idea if damage this severe would trigger the avatar state or not
isn't triggering the avatar state what they want? now they have the avatar state AND her limbs are broken.

>He fucking suspended her by four metal chains which Korra ripped clean out of solid rock
like the avatar can't bend the solid rock, right?

I have those shitty TV pushup helpers and that's pretty much it.

Awaken, my masters!

>that's called retardadion; believing that power will be there and no one will take it. Also, if he must kill any leader that ever arise, they might as well take power themselves.Not only that, killing leaders will just mean the place will be always in chaos and people will always be raping the land, which i doubt is the result Zaheer wants.

You sound as if you have never met real life anarchists, they're pretty much retarded

>including training fights
>including fights she didn't take alone
>ignoring the time she tried to duel Amon

>Vaatu: won
that's why he wasn't liberated at all and RC wasn't destroyed, right?

>Korra still ultimately won the fight
>zaheer couldn't move because of the giant tornado

>they're pretty much retarded
Yup.. that's basically my point.

I think she should have been good enough at straight up fist fighting to fight the chi blockers without bending anyways, or at least should have had an episode devoted to her learning basic hand to hand so she can fight them on their terms.

>which i doubt is the result Zaheer wants.
He didn't bat an eye at Ba Sing Se burning. Nor did he care that Tenzin and the airbenders could have died. And he didn't care that he was helping Korra in the end despite how she could help instate more governments in the future.

>now they have the avatar state AND her limbs are broken.
Any time Korra was captured and they didn't injure her to the point of no longer having functional limbs shows their lack of dedication. They wouldn't have to worry about anything.

He couldn't move because Korra weighed him down in the tornado. Korra beat him by dragging him down with her in the tornado.

We're discussing her fighting prowess, user. It's not very difficult. Achieving the objective despite losing the fight is a loss, in this sense.

>lost to the evil Unalaq's dastardly pet bird
>gets captured by his automatons
>let Juji die
>needs the queen of the fairies to bail him out

Nuktuk is terrible, but that should be expected from a sister-fucker from the Southern Water Tribe

I still think borra woud've made the show better

How can you get that fit in like a month while eating prison food?

>or at least should have had an episode devoted to her learning basic hand to hand so she can fight them on their terms.

She knows stuff like that. She takes down the people Varrick sent to capture Unalaq without bending.

Nah, they worked as friends. Korra alone would have made the show better. To think we almost had that, then Bryke had to pander to lesbians in the last 7 seconds.

The same way 4 criminals can maintain their health with prison food and harsh climate for 13 years and still be in fighting shape.

The same way a kid can sleep in ice for 100 years and still be better than veterans fighting a 100 year war.

As Book 3 evidenced, everyone was better off as just friends.

Heck, it's even the same in ATLA where Aang was always at his worst whenever the plot had to remind us that he wants to fuck Katara.

I don't know that dancing episode was pretty sweet.

he truly believed that things would settle and people would just start to behave properly. He is not afraid to break a few eggs, but he did think that in the end things would organize, but they didn't.

>Any time Korra was captured and they didn't injure her to the point of no longer having functional limbs shows their lack of dedication
that's a more extreme example i gave, but there are tons of other choices. They might just fully chain her in a room where she can't actually bend, or just paralize her like they did before.

Korra weighed him down in the tornado because he couldn't move. When he notices it was pulling him in, he tried to get out of it.

>like the avatar can't bend the solid rock, right?

To be fair, we are shown most of the time that earthbenders need to be close to the earth they are bending to do it.

That really depends. I think the strongest earthbending feat was made by Bumi. He manages to bend without (much) movement. He is, like, a zillion years old. But so is the avatar.

I am so happy that these threads devolve into image dumps.

Here's some concept for you.
Anyone has more?

Was she her mom?

Most likely, unfortunately. After what we saw of them in Smoke and Shadow they should never get back together.

And what the fuck is wrong with that picture? Mai looks like she went senile and Zuko looks dead inside.

Eh, I don't really like Lin's younger design.
It's weirdly boring, like a background character.
I guess she was a character that was designed to be a certain age and have scars. But working backwards from there just takes away her uniqueness.

It makes sense though, given her personality and her job as a cop.

Same with Tenzin, he'd look weird as anything other than a 50 year old

su was a cute

i'll be really surprised if she isn't, only thing that could throw it for a loop is if zuko meets a girl who needs glasses in the comics

I want to read a story about Preggers Lin and Suyin having to confront their fractured relationship when trapped in a dangerous series of events where both are waylaid and unable to survive unless they work together (Suyin injured, Lin preggers).

Suyin being genuinely happy for Lin's pregnancy despite the condescending tone within offers of hospitality, and revealing guilt over things she's done (the scar, Kuvira's raising, pressing on Korra), while pushing Lin to confront her own self loathing and grudges holding herself back from pursuing happiness.

>lin pregnant at almost 60
i don't think she'd have the patience to raise a disabled kid.

Second season and it's dark/light bullshit out.
Deus ex Jinora way the fuck out.
Have whole series planned as unit like last two seasons rather than disjointed bullshit

Pity we barely ever saw them be friends either

>Lin getting pregnant at 54
Anything's possible, I guess.

Izumi is in her 60s, everyone around that age needs glasses.

When will Suyin reveal that Opal is Tenzin's daughter and they kept her airbending secret until Harmonic Convergence gave her an excuse to reveal her powers?

I don't.

Wait, so Tenzin cucked Lin with Suyin? No wonder Lin is so depressed.

best grill

To be fair, it wasn't just the snow. It was the North Pole in the dead of night and probably a full moon, aka when Zuko's the most nerfed.

Still, they could have at least had Zuko shot lightning or something.

>When will Suyin reveal that Opal is Tenzin's daughter and they kept her airbending secret until Harmonic Convergence gave her an excuse to reveal her powers?
Never, because literally every single one of the new airbenders was one of Bumi's bastards, hence why they're all brown and younger than him.

Aang was nowhere near a master level bender. Post discarded already.

So I just finished a rewatch of the original Avatar

Are the comics worth looking at as well? Or any other extra material before I move on to Korra?

Where did the 'make-everyone-in LoK-into-bodybuilders' meme come from?

>/fit/ Lin
muh dick

>Aang was nowhere near a master level bender. Post discarded already.
He had the tats, meaning he was a master level airbender.

>Are the comics worth looking at as well? Or any other extra material before I move on to Korra?
They're okay, but not great.

The Promise is decent and has some great Ozai scenes, but is kind of a mess since it was the first comic and takes place relatively soon after the events of the show.

The Rift is good and probably the best of the new ones.

I have mixed feelings about The Search and would call it mediocre.

Smoke and Shadow is readable but bad.

North and South is the new one and I haven't read it yet.

I think it was just Korra being fit and then wondering who she'd work out with

Thanks!

>You'll never get drunk with Kuvira
>She'll never tell you about her fascist utopia
>until she veers off topic and starts speaking about how cool giant mecha are

>implying giant impractical machines aren't an essential component of facism

>implying a person in her position will ever drink

>We could build a big tank. It would be a far more economic construction and easier to control.
>I want a mech.
>But Kuvira, the act of getting such a huge thing to walk without falling over alone, will deplete our funds radically
>I said I want a mech, Bataar.
>B-but look, we could make it a torso on tank treads wouldn't that be okay.
>You better not be suggesting we build a Guntank... You know who piloted one of those?! Fucking Hayato! Don't you dare give me that garbage. I'M AMURO RAY!

user, especially people in her position drink. Are you kidding me?

>North and South is the new one and I haven't read it yet.
The first part was really good, the rest depends all depends on how they deal with the eventual Katara/Hakoda forced drama

She's in her 50s, bruh. That field is barren.

Smoke and Shadow solidifies Kiyi as best sister, and satisfies my desire for Firecest subtext.

>satisfies my desire for Firecest subtext
I wonder how long it will be before Azula tries to convince Zuko that he needs a 'pure blooded' heir to the fire nation

>you'll never be Bataar Jr getting bullied by The Great Uniter

>A trilogy supposedly about bringing Mai and Zuko together ends up making firecest more popular
That just shows how shit Smoke and Shadow was

GLY pushes incest in all his Avatar books.

Smoke and Shadow was awful aside from Kiyi and pretending that Azula now wants to fuck Zuko:

>Zuko is a pathetic cuck that goes back to jobbing horribly and acts like an incompetent Fire Lord all the way through
>The new Ozai society gets disbanded because its leader gave complete control of it to madwomen pretending to be ghosts
>Azula comes back, declares that her new goal is to fuck with Zuko's head, then fucks off
>Kiyi is suddenly ok with Ursa because her hands weren't cold anymore
>Ozai goes back to his ATLA self
>still no Toph/Zuko interaction in the comics (though that's an entirely different complaint)
>retarded love triangle with no purpose taking over more than half of the trilogy
>Kei-lo having more screentime than Aang only for him to die on the way back to his home planet
>nothing at all gets resolved

Just in case you assholes get bored

Lin: pastebin.com/puEzpVJB

Azula & Servant Boy: pastebin.com/zUqCt4e3

Hail Kuvira P1: pastebin.com/xGcgfR92

Hail Kuvira P2: pastebin.com/QdJbLrZH

You can have the rest, gimme Kya.

Marry, Fuck, Kill
Kill, Marry, Fuck
Fuck, Marry, Kill

on a similar note: soundgasm.net/u/MarieBlue/Fire-Lord-Azulas-Consort

The one to the top right is the best.

I want to lick her abs and feet.

I was rooting for these two but she choose the fucking clay over him.
They are still together r-right?

Don't be fucking stupid. Azula would never do that.

Azula does not want to fuck Zuko. What the hell is wrong with you people?

sorry but KuviraxBataar lost to KuviraxEmpire

>Azula does not want to fuck Zuko
She has become unhealthily obsessed with him, though

it's a combination of a few factors, firstly people wanting to fuck Azula but not wanting to self-insert as a bald twelve year old or a sarcastic eskimo, secondly the fact that Azula has a habit of sounding like she's coming on to anyone she talks to, and thirdly you have the small number of people with an incest fetish

No she is showing her love in her own Azula way.

I gotcha everyone here is fucking nuts got it.

>not wanting to self-insert as a bald twelve year old or a sarcastic eskimo

I think it's more that they don't get to interact with Azula nearly as much as Zuko does in the comics.

Watercest became a running joke and Zuki became an sort of popular crack pairing because of how much those characters have gotten to interact together in the post-ATLA stuff.

or to condense the reasons into one scene: youtube.com/watch?v=XmTQ9V9AVao

it is a well known fact that people will start to ship any two characters who average higher than one conversation per episode

post OT3s

I miss Iroh

that's literally the "i'm still buttmad at mako" ship

KorraxAsamixOpal

if we can include atla ones as well:
SokkaxTyLeexSuki

I preferred the fire ferrets OT3 that was so popular during the early chapters.

Asami just ruins everything for me now.

so does Zuko.

I wonder if the Fire Nation still has tea day as a thing in Korra's time?

I'd hope so, tea is the greatest shit of all time

It was a simpler time, before pandering was the main goal of the series.

tea requires clay for the pot, water, and fire to heat it, it is therefore the greatest symbol of unification in the aftermath of the hundred year war

nice
worldwide tea appreciation day

>before pandering was the main goal of the series.

>original show has a team with a member comprising each element and a non-bender
>therefore the new show requires this no matter how unnecessary they are to the plot

Episode 2 onward was a mistake for the new Avatar series.

Don't you also need to let the tea "breathe" like wine?

I doubt that was pandering desu.

Don't forget the large and small animals.

I liked how the Yangchen flashback in the comics showed her traveling around with a large butler rather than an obligatory bending team.

>Yangchen flashback in the comics showed her traveling around with a large butler

Asami can function in this role.

Calling themselves "new team avatar" was a bit too much, but there is really nothing wrong with Korra hanging out with other benders around her age. Espcially since the elemental magic powers are the main appeal of the show.

I really like the idea of having one bender from each nation (including the avatar as their home nation) and one non-bender, I feel like it both gives the protagonists a variety of skill sets and also lets you show different elements attitudes and approaches to conflict easily

>with Korra hanging out with other benders around her age.

Hang out with them then. Don't have everyone pile on the ship and go everywhere and be involved in end of the world scenarios. Stay in Republic City or stay wherever like how the people Aang met stay doing their things aside form his core group who all had their own purpose on the team that tied into Aang's story.

T-they will meet again r-right Cred Forums?

They sort of have

>The Gaang will never meet again

Fuck this I'm out.

for a second I thought Katara had a pregnancy belly in that image. Also I love all the artwork I've seen of adult Zuko

three of them could if they wanted

So what is the basis of reincarnation for this universe? It isn't personality because two can meet and talk to each other, so is the spirit of the avatar just a sort of essence that connects them?

>Aang
>his people are dead and his culture relies on him
>died in the Avatar State
>comes back in a few weeks and still is as powerful as ever

>Korra
>has parents and people around her
>loses the Avatar State and isn't even dead
>gets hurt and is out for 2.5 years recovering
>then bumbles about for half a year

It's so jarring.

Everyone reincarnates

>so is the spirit of the avatar just a sort of essence that connects them?
Raava, the Avatar spirit, bounded with Wan's soul and carries the memories of their life with them in such a way that the original person is in a sort of stasis able to be woken up to speak to the next person in line.

And apparently the reincarnation cycle has it so that it is always to a human rather than Eastern reincarnation which can have someone come back as a dog, cat, bug, or tree or whatever and not retain memories of existing as such.

She's a pretty shit avatar desu

So far the only one who reincarnates is the Avatar, and that's probably because of Raava choosing a new host after each one dies.

Wear sunblock you dink.

Why everyone portraits Kyoshi as a series killer?

She's a big woman

Raava says "we'll be together for all of your lifetimes" so that seems to imply that all humans reincarnate

memes

>serial killer*

For me

to be fair Aang was dead in the sense that his heart stopped but other than the scar on his back was fully healed, he was also surrounded by people who cared about him. Korra was severely poisoned and that poison stayed in her system.

Mercury poisoning fucks up the body more than a lightning to the back.

Also, no hax spirit water.

>Also, no hax spirit water.
Why?

>Mercury poisoning fucks up the body more than a lightning to the back.
Aang was literally dead, we see the past line of Avatars blink out and his spirit self fades out and falls back. Yet he keeps everything and can still overpower others.

Right, I took that to mean every human reincarnates as well, but the only one who can actively remember their past lives is the Avatar. I'm pretty sure people can achieve liberation as well, since we see Iroh in the Spirit World. That also means the Avatar is tied to the rebirth cycle for eternity.

I still don't think the broken link is permanent. The connection is intrinsic to her soul, Raava just facilitated it. We could theoretically go back further, before Wan, if the writers chose to go into the history of the world.

fuck off

this

>Aang
>runs of crying
>his entire people are slaughtered because he got locked in a sea freezer
>spends three years trying to overcome that

You people are too judgmental. The Avatar is always a fuckup. Always.

It has all gone downhill since Wan

Wan was the downhill

>The Avatar is always a fuckup. Always.

She wasn't. She kills her problems

I kind of like the idea that every avatar severely fucks something up in the beginning of their career

He got an ancient spirit to fall in love with him permanently.

>sat on her ass while a civil war tore apart her home country
>created the gestapo

>>spends three years trying to overcome that

Spends less than a year. And the Avatar State would have been in an uncontrolled phase should he have stayed and went berserk when the Fire Nation attacked.
Or considering how Gyatso went to check on him and said "I won't let them take you away from me, Aang" before finding that Aang was gone, perhaps Gyatso was going to seek another way with Aang by his side.

Also there is fucking up, and there is really fucking up and having everyone else bail you out so much so that the world would literally be better off if said Avatar (Korra) never existed.

The Avatar is the bridge between the two worlds. Not the world police.

Only if you believe there is an after life in Avatar where they could go to.

they only really turned into the Gestapo later due to the hundred year war, if anything that's another one of Aang's

That depends on wether or not Raava makes the entire avatar thing possible in the first place. It might even be that the avatar souls do not in fact reincarnate, but are just dragged along by Raava to her next host.

>Also there is fucking up, and there is really fucking up and having everyone else bail you out so much so that the world would literally be better off if said Avatar (Korra) never existed.
I know people like to say stuff like this but in the show itself it's basically the opposite. Korra's not going to be remembered in the canon as being a bad Avatar. Her accomplishments will be celebrated.

>When it's my favorite their fuck ups are not actual fuck ups
Kyoshi even acknowledges that creating the Dai Li was a mistake.

They kinda were in Atla, which is also why the avatar was the bridge to begin with.

What I wanna know is how the fuck the world went from bumfuck rural chinastan to the industrial age

THEY. ARE. ALL. FUCK UPS.

It's the same shitty soul being reborn over and over. I mean this is the same person who let Sozin invade the Earth Kingdom, lost his wife to Koh the Face Stealer, and set Vaatu free in the first place, thus creating the need for the Avatar.

Probably the fire nations focus on inovation spread after the 100 year war.

How it all came to look like western influence i have no idea.

70 years is a long time and only Republic City seems to have really entered the modern age. Ba Sing Se looks basically the same way it did during ATLA but with actual trains.

This. Cred Forums will never be happy with another Avatar protagonist again.

In ATLA the FN had Airships, tanks, and even refrigerators. Then 60 years later they are at the tech level of the 1920's. If anything a lot of their advancement was slower the ours was.

>Not the world police.

>Kyoshi's greatest feat:
Killing a dictator

>Roku's greatest feat:
Stopping a dictator from expanding his empire temporarily

>Aang's greatest feat:
Deposing a dictator

>Korra's not going to be remembered in the canon as being a bad Avatar.

I know that and that is what doesn't make sense. She helped cause the problems and if the people really like Raiko then they should also really not like Korra.

And since the twins stayed as the leaders for the North despite everything, then the North really didn't care about the spirits despite wanting to follow Unalaq into a war.

But Republic City lost a borough and tourism can only do so much when the mystical no longer becomes mystical. The lineage of Avatars being lost is not going to be something celebrated in history books. And Korra's accomplishments will never be her own.

Frankly, I disliked the idea of urban fantasy while watching Legend of Korra, but I got into it in Book 4 - giant stupid mecha aside.

Not to mention their stated job is to be the bridge between worlds and Maintain Balance in the world.

How would they maintain balance if they have no authority in the world.

>and set Vaatu free in the first place, thus creating the need for the Avatar.

Wan sealed Vaatu up and cleaned up his mess. In fact he allowed humans to go forth and find their own lives in the world by herding the spirits up and shutting most of them back in their own world.

Although he could have stopped there and let humanity do its own thing but he stayed on and said he'd do things. Vaatu was forever sealed unless an idiot came along and let him out.

They literally cover this in the comics. The Fire Nation was already technologically advanced as hell, but when you combined their powers with that of the Earth Benders in the Fire Nation Colonies, you can create powerful forges, especially as metal-bending becomes a thing.

It's not that absurd - they were already fairly advanced - ATLA just covered the backwater areas of the world and humanity did the same thing - 1920 was sixty years after 1860.

Do you think when they designed Korra they sat back and looked at the concept art and said, yeah, the porn of this is gonna be super hot.

>The lineage of Avatars being lost is not going to be something celebrated in history books.
Literally that matters to absolutely nobody else except the Avatar.

Of course Korra's not going to go down as in history as universally praised, NOBODY is. That'd be absolutely stupid. She's just not going to go down as everyone hating her, because that's just as stupid.

>How would they maintain balance if they have no authority in the world.

No one recognized Korra's authority even during peace time.
Aang had a better front once the Fire Nation's conquest drive was stopped.

People always tell the Avatar to step off.

Fucking Kyoshi had to choke a bitch when a proto-Kuvira got uppity.

>Do you think when they designed Korra they sat back and looked at the concept art and said, yeah, the porn of this is gonna be super hot.

They kept reducing her breasts and reducing her muscles/kept them inconsistent. Even Bryan draws her like an average girl compared to the others in the art books.

Though I guess they all like domination since every other picture has someone dominating Korra given how much she loses and can't do anything on her own aside from making mistakes and not learning from them.

Individuals didn't, but generally people were relying on both Aang and Korra to step up and deal with global issues. In Aangs time it was primarily about him stopping the fire nation, partly because people thought only the Avatar could do it. For Korra it was about stopping Kuvira, or helping the non-benders in RC.

You underestimate how quickly technology can advance.

We went from most of the world's population still using horses in 1900 to going to the moon in 69 years.

>No one recognized Korra's authority even during peace time.
I really doubt Korra was the only Avatar to struggle with people recognizing her authority during peace time. They made such a huge mistake introducing us to the setting with Aang's story because now people think his situation is the norm and if another Avatar's deviates from that, it means they aren't doing a good job.

She didn't choke no bitch, she grabbed her house and pushed it somewhere else while the emperor basically killed himself.

The iphone was still brand new when Obama was elected.

Think about how ubiquitous those things are now.

You could also see the powers of the Avatar being a symbol of their authority in the world aswell as a tool to enforce it.

They could at least show Korra attempting to do a good job. The world fixes itself and it makes it seem like she's the one causing problems. Everyone would be better off if she either never existed.

Go to bed Zaheer.

Shouldn't you be doing something important, Korra?

>Fucking Kyoshi had to choke a bitch when a proto-Kuvira got uppity.

>she broke off a piece of continent and pushed it away
>she made an island
>Korra struggles against old men who just meditate or sit on a council or terrorists who were denied nutrition/living conditions for 13 years and some random captain of the guard for a city that is the safest place ever that doesn't see bad things befall it
>Korra couldn't even affect the Colossus instead the average people around her were more effective

And this is the same universe made by the same people.

That wasn't very clever.

Really makes you think

Korra was also an inexperienced 18 year old girl and Kyoshi was likely in her 30s/40s when the whole Chin thing went down.

If anything, Kyoshi was probably a lot like Korra when she was younger, which would be amazing because of how mad it'd make everyone.

Zaheer would keep killing...taking out people. He's just as bad as Korra for his shortsightedness except the narrative paints him as a person with a good head on his shoulders just going about things the wrong way. Toph praises him while beating down Korra and he still has the moral and spiritual high ground compared to the person who has the spirits of Order and Chaos inside of them and went through the finale of Book 2.

>which would be amazing because of how mad it'd make everyone.
>FUCKING BRYKE RUINING THEIR CANON OMG REEEEEEEEEEE

Oh God.

>except the narrative paints him as a person with a good head on his shoulders just going about things the wrong way
Yeah and that was really stupid of them to do. Book 4's writing was so shoddy I pretend most of t didn't even happen.

She probably wasn't as eager for a fight like Korra was, but I could totally seeing her lacking tact and being shortsighted.

>If anything, Kyoshi was probably a lot like Korra when she was younger,

Writing would have it so that a character grows up but doesn't loose what makes them "them."

Kyoshi would be more active in her approach even with age yet she let the Chin incident play out until he finally showed up to conquer her hometown.

Korra was wanting to fight things at all times unless she was crying or lost her powers yet again.

My biggest problem with LoK is that I never felt connected to any of the characters
needs more iroh

Bolin? Varrick?

Thems mah boys yo.

How anyone can like Bolin is beyond me. I guess if you like bear mode enough to not care about the character, but there's porn of better ones out there.

And Varrick went downhill after Book 2 with overexposure. He works as comedy compared to Bolin in all cases though.

Not that guy but I felt connected to old Uncle Iroh but could never connect with Bolin or Varrick like you claim you did.

I really liked Korra, Bolin and Tenzin actually. That said they weren't that consistent throughout the seasons.

She is the only avatar confirmed to have killed someone. She also tells Aang he must kill Ozai.

I actually liked all of the characters, except Mako and Asami. I didn't hate them, I just didn't think they had enough of a personality to feel one way or the other.

>She is the only avatar confirmed to have killed someone

She just moved her island while the conqueror killed himself.

Finally someone else who fucking hated Bolin

I disagree. I even felt connected to characters no one liked like Mako, and he got unreasonable amount of shit for being worried about Korra when she was fucking kidnapped. As well when he broke up with Korra because she was being unbearable and felt into Asami again.
Asami tho', such a bland character. People only like her because she's hot.

I think the only character i actively disliked was Mako in season 1, mostly because he was a dick and the romance sub-plot, but he got better later on.

Also liked the villains or atleast what i thought they were going to be, so it was annoying when they fell short at the end in every season. Except Unalaq, he fell short the moment he appeared.

I've come to kinda hate Asami though but that's the fandoms fault, and shipping.

That's because none of the team were written to be anything but 2D drawings. They had no substance or depth to them like the characters in ATLA did. They were walking cliches.

He got, okay. The writers never felt fully comfortable writing for him, especially once they decided to discard the romance plot.

There shouldn't have been any shipping in Korra - it only harmed the plot.

>The writers never felt fully comfortable writing for him
They did once they started writing him as a dork rather than as a brooding dick that can't decide which girl he wants to fuck.

That's what i meant. He was actually kinda funny as the straightman to Bolin and everyone else the few times it happened.

And shipping shouldn't have been acknowledged in the show. People can ship whatever they want it just shouldn't influence the writing. So yeah, it would have been much, much better if they had never started any romance in LoK, but making it such a huge part of it was even worse.

>Bolin? Varrick?
You can like them but I don't know how anybody can connect with them, unless they were self-aware enough to connect with Bolin.

Mako was an interesting character but unfortunately nobody was going to like or try to understand the guy who was stuck choosing between two hot girls.

I have come to greatly dislike her because looking back outside of her stuff wih her dad, her character is like 90% shipping bullshit.

She should have stayed as an equalist spy

I agree she should have stayed a spy, but i don't mind her in the show for the most part, since to me she wasn't really there so i have very little to think of her.

I do mind such a worthless character being a huge part of the last shot of the Avatar franchise.

Yeah so do i, but i put that under shipping/fandoms fault. It also doesn't have much to do with the character, so i don't hate the character for that.

I don't dislike Asami but she has such little personality that when I look at her it's hard not to think of her overbearing batshit fandom so always have this sort of kneejerk "oh great it's HER" reaction.

I have the same reaction, but it's mostly because of the fandom and not the actual character. Which makes it even worse that Bryke is probably going to try and model her after the fandom au about her.

>Which makes it even worse that Bryke is probably going to try and model her after the fandom au about her.

At the very least then she'll actually have a personality.
The fandom au about her sometimes has her as an actual character from time to time especially when people wanted her to at least be Korra's friend way back in the day where the two of them worked together for common goals.

Nobody wanted her to be Korra's friend, they wanted to be her opponent and be the one who always called Korra out and educated her about her wrongdoings (which is utter bullshit because after Korra Asami is the character with the most advantages in life).

It's just a contradiction to how she acted in the show the few times she actually got to do things. I'm also not so sure it's a personality rather than just a self insert in the au.

I know that a cartoon like Korra takes months to animate but a lot of stuff about Asami in Book 1 reeks of last minute rewrites where bryke didn't bother to change much of what they already had.

>The huge amount of time dedicated to Makorra while he pretends that he doesn't already have a girlfriend
>Asami being nowhere in any of the early trailers of promotional posters despite being a member of the main character team
>very little interaction with the rest of the krew after the episode where Korra gets kidnapped

Well they did intend her to be a spy originally, but liked her design too much and changed it. I have no idea when that happened, but it wouldn't surprise me if it was last minute aswell.

>small number of people with an incest fetish
>small

Them deciding to keep Asami and not changing ANYTHING about the Krew dynamic in book 1 under the guise of "well this is something that actually happens" was one of the decisions that really impacted the show for the worst. It took both Mako and Korra nearly dying for people to finally forgive them for "what they did" to Asami, and that's ridiculous.

Asamifags were always insufferable, at least by the end of the series many of them realized what a shit non-character she was all along.

Asami didn't have to be a non-character, is what ticks me off about it. She could've been Batman, but instead we got...something.

A lot of them realized it after book 2 when not only was there literally no time dedicated to Korra and Mako apologizing to her, but at the end Mako chose Korra over her again. And she also had no speaking lines in the finale.

I always felt that it started becoming insufferable once Korrasami began being popular, and it culminated in the ending which seriously pushed it over the edge.

I always find it hillarious that some of the popular Korrasami shippers used to be Makorra shippers.

>"well this is something that actually happens"
It was ok in Spirit of Competition because it showed the teenage love as the clusterfuck of hormones and bad decisions that it actually is.

But later it went to shit when they allowed the love bullshit to happen in the middle of the plot and for some reason they expected people to care about the main pairing when there was a shot of a sad Asami every time that Mako and Korra had romantic development.

Nobody forgave shit.
It colored the audiences perception of both characters for the worse. And it stayed that way.

But that's not even the problem.
You could have made people forget about the wonky beginning of their relationship, if they had a) made them a charming couple and b) moved the fuck on to different plots instead of actually rehashing the love triangle.

S2 just really killed Makorra, because it showed very clearly that there was nothing appealing about their relationship.

Hell, Mako's quality as a character exponentially increases the farther Korra is away from him.

Yeah according to Bryan it was supposed to show that your actions affect other people, and in real life you might be passive enough that you really wouldn't do anything if your boyfriend was slowly leaving you for someone else, but it just doesn't make for good storytelling. Especially since Mako and Korra were on the rocks with the fandom since day one. It'd be another thing if they explicitly showed why Mako and Asami didn't really work as a couple.

I'd actually say Mako and Asami seemed to work rather well as a couple compared to Mako and Korra.

>it was supposed to show that your actions affect other people

Then why does season 1 end with Mako and Korra having a triumphant "I love you" full tongue kiss with Asami waiting in the cuckshed with a bunch of people she doesn't know?

To be honest fampais the love stuff was never handled well, TLA or LoK

I guess sometimes your actions culminate in your ex-girlfriend stealing your current girlfriend. But it's fine because you already moved onto Opal, both figuratively and literally.

Yeah I wouldn't have minded if they got back together.

Maybe to show that people can be hurt on the way to your supposed true love?

Yeah, I guess Sukka was the only exception to the rule.

Maiko was shown as a terrible relationship during most of The Beach with it adding nothing at all to Zuko's character and they could only speak to each other in cliche lines from bad romantic movies.

Sokka and Yue only had like three total conversations together.

And they had to show Katara rejecting a relationship with Aang the episode before their end of the series make out.

However I appreciate that the love stuff in ATLA usually was stuck in "filler" episodes and never fucked over other characters.

LoK did do us all a favor of removing everything romantic between the main characters after book 2 aside from the last minute asspull.

>Opal
more like Wu

Would have made some kind of sense if Mako and Asami had rekindled their love (again, again) while Korra was gone.

But i also think it would have been better to just leave out romance entirely, or at the very least kill off the shipping in the show by hooking the characters up early and leave them in those relationships. For me personally that would be BolinxKorra and MakoxAsami.

>people liking Mako/Asami

That was boring and there was no chemistry there aside from Asami liking people who have bending. It worked because there was nothing there.

I don't know, characters in relationship usually don't tend to work in action shows with the exception of married couples.

If they just treat them like they treated Tenzin and Pema it wouldn't be a problem.

They worked briefly when they investigated the docks in Book 2.