>#4 - 18,000

What went wrong?

Other urls found in this thread:

twitter.com/alannawrites
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

Art and Inhumans.

Writing is shit and art is worst.

Shit writing, terrible art.

Even the worst t selling Inhumans book had better sales than this. If anything they brought it up.

It's a bad comic.

What will the numbers for 6 be? Under A-Force and they save Singularity?

Guessing it will reach about 14k in #6 and have a slight bump on #7

>have a slight bump on #7
because NOW 2.0, and eventual cancellation will occur.

Everything seems just about right to me.

Hopefully this kills the Bendis.

Cap HYDRA appearing and advancing the plot instead of the numerous filler issues we had and Songbird returning too.

user, they're talking about the latest volume of Thunderbolts, which has been shit all on its own without Bendis's help.

Wasn't it supposed to be something entirely different with Citizen V back when the relaunch happened but then became a Bucky and continuation of the standoff plot? I think that soured people before it even began.

We didn't get anything but a picture of V in the ANAD teaser but that is probably the case. They probably planned to use V and switched to bucky at some point.

>No Zemo
>No Citizen V
>No Songbird
>Meh writing (and decompressed as hell)
>Awful art
There you have it

Gotta milk that MCU cow for all it's worth, yo.

>They probably planned to use V
Maybe Citizen Vwas going to be Bucky in disguise

I think it's and experiment to see how much a comic can sell on name alone

They're doing that already with X-Men, who have a little bit stronger name.

They also very clearly want the MCU/tumblr Bucky audience but largely alienated those with the art, and the fact that he was put together with characters that they don't have a reason to care about (and Zub failed to give them one). Since that fanbase also tends to lean SJW the shock ending with Moonstone probably put some of them off, too.

Meanwhile the oldschool T-Bolts fans were put off by the art, the focus on Bucky at the expense of everyone else, the bad characterization all around and the ship pandering shit.

Why the fuck is the art so 90's?

Because Marvel editors are fucking retarded

>hurr Thunderbolts was created in the 90's, let's give it a Liefeld clone

Even in the 90s...It was the more 80s feel comic Marvel was publishing at the time. If that was the reason, the editors at Marvel are more clueless than I thought. Talk about missing the point.

Going by their twitter, the editor of this book is dumb as hell.

I usually give a book 5 issues before I drop it.
Tbolts is one of the few books I've dropped in only one issue.

Remember when about 5 years ago Marvel would cancel anything at 20,000 or lower and they would cancel stuff even before the 1st issue would come out as their pre orders were shit. Why can't we go back then?

>No Songbird

They had to steal her from Ewing to plug the holes of the sinking ship.

Dude, Zub hinted at her return before the first issue even came out. She was always gonna get dragged into this mess.

>first appearance: Incredible Hulk #449 (January, 1997)

Hoping for something cool in NYCC

Bendis.

Tell me more

>tfw January 2017 is declared T-Bolts variant cover month
>all the variants are about Bucky

Even good comics drop 30%-50% after the first few issues so these numbers are not surprising

Because its art style is inspired by Eov Liefield and 90's in general

Wow, this art is really bad.

It's like I've time traveled to 1996

OK, the artist was either a student of Liefeld or is just blatantly ripping him off.

He worked on Youngblood and studied under Liefeld.

The writing, premise, and art are terrible.

DC Rebirth killed it :/

Fuck DC...

I think the basic premise has been covered quiet well all ready, the art slips from OK to bad and back, the story didn't hold your interest and moved in jumps and starts and the characters are all over the place and.... It was just stupid. Knowing a characters continuity just made things worse so you try to start fresh but these people, either there mind-numbingly stupid (fixer yelling threats at a cosmic cube that thinks its a girl, because yelling at a child with the power of god is a brilliant idea) or there mind-numbingly stupid (Bucky hangs out with known criminals while chaperoning a child god, because leaving moonstone alone with a cosmic cube, in any form, is f**king madness).

The whole premise is someone's random idea that got released without anyone even once bothering to actual flesh out the idea so it actually works.

That is way worse than Liefeld

he was born in the liefeld

>shirt says cocks
wow

Its Rob Liefelds different alias

First issue gore twist end turned away new readers.
Art and Inhumans turned away old.

Tragedy is that back part of issue 3 onward is alright to good, but they squandered their growth potential while faced with an event.
The event delays preventing issue 5 from releasing just made it worse.

>bad art
>Bucky
>#4 was the only good issue
>it's filler until HydraCap's event but not fun filler

Yeah man, I sure wish Vision had gotten cancelled by issue 4 instead of getting its full 12 issues. I mean, fuck quality writing and art, if the braindead masses don't like it then it doesn't deserve to be on shelves.

Bad writing, bad art, cheap shock value "death" that was quickly reversed, nobody cares about Bucky or his shitty current status quo.

>nobody cares about Bucky or his shitty current status quo

Eh, Bucky is generally more popular than the T-Bolts (though I do wonder what the sales on his last solos were like).

But trying to sell the book only to Bucky fans (and spefically his shipper corner) and only catering to them at the expense of the T-Bolts was defnitely going to alienate the fans of the Bolts and kill the book all the faster.

twitter.com/alannawrites

>Assistant editor in the Avengers Office at @Marvel Comics. Editor of Thunderbolts. Creator of SuperWhoLock the Comic. Current mood: in need of a nap.

A genderless blob who created a "SuperWhoLock" fancomic. Her feed shows she's basically Tumblr given physical form.

>Bucky fangirl made editor of Thunderbolts book
>book predictably turns into crappy Bucky fanfiction
>crappy book tanks

>though I do wonder what the sales on his last solos were like
Debuted at 47,000, was selling 15,000 by issue 6 and 12,000 by its last issue (#11). Again, nobody fucking cares about Bucky. The shine on the character has worn off and, like usual, his "fans" only care about the movie version and aren't going to read the comics.

Huh I didn't know he did that badly. Yeah, trying to use him as a sales boost was dumb.

This is why Marvel is disgusting.

Do they hire that kind of editors because they're cheap?

>Do they hire that kind of editors because they're cheap?

More like no one wants the job because of Perlmutter. Remember how Mike Marts left the batbooks to return to Marvel and them promptly left for a new company after he found out Marvel wanted to deliberately screw the X-books.

She responded (kind of out of nowhere) to a twitter discussion I was in that involved frustration that nothing has involved "The Thunderbolts bully Bucky" with "just wait", but I didn't have to heart to tell her "I dropped the book because the art made my eyes bleed, and I'm not reading it *for* Bucky anyway"

the pandering in the letter columns/Zub tagging Instagram pics with #Stucky is just embarrassing and also not actually Stucky content, lol

>What went wrong?
Karlafags salty their waifu didn't dom Bucky.

Bucky fans are the fucking worst.

I doubt she understood what you meant with "bullying Bucky", anyway. I am scared what this might mean for Songbird and Zemo considering how she obviously only gives a fuck about Bucky.

The worst part is that it's the Thunderbolts who will be blamed for this book tanking, not the art, the writing or the fact that it's crappy Bucky kidfic.

The quality control at Marvel is just abhorrent.

How do we save Thunderbolts Cred Forums?

Replace the writer, editor and artist.

Give Bucky the Genis-Vell treatment.

What are feet?

Make the fill-in the main artist, kick Bucky.

>What went wrong?

Well did you read it OP?

>genderless blob

lmao

Thunderbolts are safe since they might get a movie and started appearing in the cartoons and games.

Was that the weird one by Kot that had good art it didn't deserve?

Yeah, thankfully Kot hasn't been back at Marvel since that book.

What's he doing these days anyway? Didn't he have to cancel one or two of his Image books because they weren't selling

He had a meltdown on twitter if I'm not mistaken.

Bucky fangirls only care about Bucky when he's with Steve. They don't give a shit about Bucky with the Thunderbolts or weird space weed adventures Bucky.

If Marvel really wanted to attract the tumblr Bucky audience, they would've made a homobait "no homo" book with him and Cap.

Dull writing and terrible art.

Well, that certainly explains why the only letters in the letters page seem to be about Bucky, buttfucking, and Bucky buttfucking.

If Bucky is going to be leading the team, he should have to dress like Citizen V.

That party cap is going to ruin his aim.

>Give Bucky the Genis-Vell treatment.

>Zemo kills Bucky forever to save the universe.

Beautiful.
Bucky should have stayed dead.

We call the Brits!

>sullying Citizen V's legacy with Bucky

Dîsney.

Baron Zemo was Citizen V twice. It would be fine.