Why is Batman the most popular hero of all?

Why everyone loves Batman so much?

I like him because he uses his resources and abilities to try to help and save people in danger.

But that's why i like most heroes.

He's cool and sad and stuff.

>Inb4 only casuals like batman

He has no superpowers and can beat everyone.

Because even though he should be the weaker among all other superheroes he's the coolest kid in town and could kick your ass if you fool around basically. I like batman a lot mostly because of his relatively huge catalog of amazing stories.

There's just something about him that makes him stand out.

The Rouge Gallery, Batfamily, GCPD and the world building he has also helped a lot in making him the most popular superhero.

>Why everyone loves Batman so much?

Gotham is a great Setting
Batman fits easily in NOIR stories one of the oldest comic book forms as a detective and with spooky stories
Batman was one of the very few MARTIAL ARTS comics that survived after the 70's
Batman work as a standard sci fi Comic

Batman lend himself to a lot of stories so writers over time had made tons of stories for pretty much everyone

Batman fits Camp and Grim interpretations of the character

Toys, Everyone loves toys like the batmobile, and that gimmick turn him into a mix of Sherlock, James Bond, Zorro and Dracula. Batman ends up being the destiled form of extremely simple pop characters.

The Villians, even when you try to meme the flash and spiderman enemies, they just can't reach the level of color the batman villians have, there's so much of them and they are backed up by some actual good stories instead of just being decent characters.

The designe it's extremely iconic, second only to Superman, you can trace batman after seen him only once. It's diabolic and simple.

His backstory is the golden standard for Superhero origins.
Batman popularity isnt strange, everyone likes him for different reasons. My favorite Batman related things are Legends of the Dark Knight, Batman: Brave and the Bold, the The Adventures of Batman & Robin Snes game, and the Sub Zero movie.
Everyone posting here will have different taste, and every normie and every casual will give you different reasons.

Well said user.

You are smart.

Two words: Adam West

I saw in a thread once that Batman and Deadpool are so popular because they just do whatever they want and always get away with it and that's most people's ultimate fantasy nowadays.

That show nearly destroyed Batman as a character and the whole superhero genre as a form of mainstream entertainment. It wasn't the massive success most people think it was. It made superheroes HEAVILY stigmatized until the 80s when all the super serious and dark superhero stories started coming out like DKR, Watchmen, or the Burton Batman movie.

This is how i know you are not only a kid, but a casual.

The Hulk show, the wonder woman show, the superman movie, and the Shazam/Isis show Were a thing BEFORE the 80s (the shazam show was early 80's tho).

The 70's were a great decade for comics, Batman specially.

The crisis comics suffered in the 60's wasnt an Adam West's sub-product. It was all about the change from the Sci-fi/atomic era to the Hippie/urban and martial arts era.

he uses his brain to win and I personally think he has the best rouges gallery

Best City
Best sidekicks
Best supporting cast
Best gadgets
Best villains
Best costume
Best stories

This is why.

>Best costume
>Best stories
Let's not get too crazy here.

He's versatile, complex and has a great backdrop and supporting cast. His design is also great and allows for different interpretations in different styles while always maintaining the "iconic" look.

>>Best stories

That's not even an argument in mainstream capeshit.

If you read the Dark Knight Returns you would understand.
Batman is about vigilantism taken to it's most unlogical extreme. The idea that Man, armed with only his wits and his arms can change the society and history as a whole.

And yet the show bombed. You have no idea what you're talking about. Adam West Batman is almost 100% responsible for the stigma against superhero that existed for years if not decades.

that's a weird way to spell spiderman.

>this guy

>And yet the show bombed
The Adam West Batman show literally saved Batman. You have no idea what you're talking about.

People like Bats because he checks all the boxes for what's considered 'cool'. Plus, people with no sense of perspective think he's more realistic than other heroes.

>And yet the show bombed

It didnt. It was 2 weekly and was too expensive to make, stop talking shit. You are like that idiot that thinks DC killed Fawcett, stop learning from Wikipedia.

>Adam West show
>Burton's films
>BTAS
>Arkham games
>Nolan's trilogy
>BatB
>Other cartoons heer and there
The number of critical adaptations he's received is responsible for his fame.

Because he's a versatile character that works in any context, any genre, any tone.
You want a story about a campy Batman in a sci-fi steampunk alien planet? You got it and it works.
You want a period piece of noir detective Batman in Jack-the-ripper era London? It works.
You want an action-packed quest-like story in which Batman needs to travel the world to stop a doomsday device? it works.
You have to actively try hard to fuck up, for a story involving Batman not to work.

>Why everyone loves Batman so much?

>Everyone=most people=your opinion is worth less than dirt

>implying I implicated my (or any) opinion to be quoted

which superhero has the best story for you?
just curiosity

I like his ears

He is the second most popular hero of all time after Spider-Man.

I like Batman because he just works, in so many different ways. Like, I can read Bats fighting a villain in a thrilling action comic, culminating in a big fight... and then I can pick up The Long Halloween and read an excellent mystery comic that keeps me guessing.

Batman lends himself very well to all kinds of genres. In that way, while he stays familiar, he never gets stale. Whenever I get tired of one iteration of Bats, there's another out there waiting to be read.