Luke Cage

Luke Cage? More like Shit Cage cause this was some great shit to watch

Let's discuss Luke Cage and remember keep it spoiler free.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/kOvjL1uQThE
open.spotify.com/user/marvel_music_/playlist/0f5Amxafaiq8N0120Y5s8A
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

Damn, didn't get the hat aligned.

Without getting into spoilers, the show definitely went into a direction towards the middle I didn't even think about. I really liked Misty Knight and was glad that Claire was given a lot to do.

I really liked a lot of the twists in characterization. The backstory with Reva, Misty Knight's struggle and growth with her job, Claire's moving on from the events in DDS2, Mariah's entire character evolution. I think a lot of the character arcs were really smart and well executed.

I am loving the Turk Barret cameos.
Took me a minute to figure out who he was though.

I really liked Mariah and how she grew into her power. I'm excited to see what happens later on with with everyone and how they are going to incorporate what happened on LC into The Defenders.

Swear Jar.

>tfw when you will never have someone like Pop in your life

Still got 3 episodes to go, I really miss Cotton though.
I find the cousin and the Diamond subpar in comparison.

I just finished it. I must say that the final fight between Luke and Diamondback was ridiculous. His suit reminded me too much of that of the atom in Arrow. Also damn im gonna miss my nigga cottonmouth

Overall i quite liked the show. It feels so weird since i've personally only been to Harlem once in my life but the way they paint it you'd almost get shot for being white. Either way, im glad of how they portray the differences in people from the community, the good, and the bad.
Back to the Harlem thing. Are some people from merely parts of a city such as New York so obsessed with being from particular neighborhoods, buroughs and such? I personally find it so weird

>tfw when you can be someone like Pop in someone else's life.

Probably the only netflix show that is actually good.

I'm going to tell my dad to watch it, and that says a lot since I know he wouldn't finish more than two episodes of Daredevil or even the pilot for Jessica Jones

It seemed like a downhill spiral and a rise to power all at once. She didn't want it, and yet she fit the role so perfectly and circumstances didn't really give her any other choice. Shades turned out to be one of my favorite characters as well, I had no idea he'd make it so far, especially after the club.

With where the show ends with Luke, it'll definitely be interesting. I have a feeling Matt is going to be involved on behalf of Claire. And the name on the flier that she pulls the contact info from has me hyped.

DDS1 > Cage > DDS2 > JJ

>Luke Cage is shit
So Cred Forums is more racist than sexist. Good to know.

New York is really big. They are like towns in the larger metropolis area.
New York isn't the only city that has this.

I can't personally speak for New York as I'm a Cleveland native.
But some people do get somewhat territorial, yeah.
I imagine its mainly just playful banter unless you are talking about a rougher part of the city like East Cleveland.

Here, take it. (you)

DDS1
DDS2 Frank and Fisk episodes
Jess
Luke
power gap
DDS2 rest

The closest I had was an old black guy I used to work with on my first job. He was a dirty old man but he was a good guy who made me smile every day and always had funny stories to tell.

I wonder if he's still around... That was almost ten years ago now.

I might rewatch Daredevil after this because its making me remember all thr stuff I loved from that show.

The Asian detective with gargantuan tits who was around for a couple episodes, what's the actresses name? I'm hoping she has nude pics.

Only New York. Few towns are this fractured and shaped by different influences over time.
You had different groups of immigrants from different waves settle in different parts, dividing along racial, religious, national and class lines.
These parts developing at different paces over time influenced when which people moved where. This is an ongoing process and various parts of town have meant different things over time.
But yeah, New York has a really peculiarly strong sense of identity you see in few places.
Mostly the metropolitans just think of their city quietly as the only civilised place in the country. Think London or Paris.
Or you have cities getting overrun with development and people moving in from the countriside, effectively pitting city natives against everyone else who wants to get into the capital, like is the case with Berlin that tries to cut down on a housing crisis induced by tourism and gentrification.
But that is usually not so much about which block precisely you come from.

Cornell's backstory was pretty damn good.

Shade's is pretty awesome too.

Was Cottonmouth right? Did she actually want it?

The degree of her outburst and how long she's held onto it, I'm going to say she indeed didn't want it.

Why does Claire have to be in every show. Is she going to be in IF?

>tfw she was smiling and being cocky as she left
BREAK HER NECK, LUKE

Shades was pretty based.

>has to deal with incompetent or crazy bosses
>gets away with it
The absolute madman.

>Is she going to be in IF?
Did you finish the show?

>Did you finish the show?
I did. Saw no references to IF.

>tfw you will never get some coffee with Misty

Nah, DD was great with its action stuff and all that, but it just doesn't have the same ''real'' subjects.

Like all that talk about justice and doing the right thing sounds like comic book shit while all the shit that people were facing on Luke Cage felt real.

Literally you can remove the super heroe elements from Luke Cage and the show still works.

Should have looked harder.

PULL THE TRIGGER NIGGA
U
L
L

T
H
E

T
R
I
G
G
E
R

N
I
G
G
A

Why would Danny be offering computer help?

I didn't like her. The show made her out to be smart, tough, and even have Super Detective Autism powers. But then she still can't make any charges stick or keep her friend safe

The nurse was useful, Luke would have died without her. But what did Misty help with? Nothing. Everything she attempted ended in horrible failure.

kek

>when everyone started wearing holey hoodies

Hammer anti-super weapons being sold to the police in NY sounds like something that could be referenced in the movies but it probably won't.

Why the fuck is she THE main character for the Netflix show? Night Nurse is no ones favorutie.

I dont mind her in DD1 or LC. but when she's forced, like in JJ, it feels like bad writing.

Hammer Industries being such a huge part of Luke Cage makes me want Iron Man 4 for his proper return.

So i havent watched any JJ but why did she shoot Luke with a shotgun?

I actually thought she was at her best here. Luke and Claire obviously won't be end game but they were good together.

A cameo in JJ, is hardly something to whine about

I like her and I like her being the connection between the shows.

Kilgrave.

qt af, that's why

She was for most of the last episode I think, it was pretty fucking jarring and forced.

But I did like her in Luke Cage a lot, I think that the character sucked before because the writting for JJ and DD is kind of bad in some places.

Nice vagina too. You ever see her vagina? It looks really good. Like usually vaginas are whatever looking but hers is very nice.

Are you talking about Kima from The Wire.

so far, 8 episodes in, i feel i'm far too white to enjoy it properly, despite the fact the show feels like it was made so stereotypically black for white people

Nice, wouldn't have expected a perfect innie.
Not convinced it's hers though,probably a body double. Still don't understand why no ones married and impregnated her yet. She's getting old

I was pretty tired but did anyone else see a cop that looks like Bendis?

I'm getting kind of tired of her as well. She was fine in Cage, I liked how she helped with the special wounds. But I'm hoping the next Marvel show doesn't have her in it, I need a break from her for a while.

Bendis, the cop?

She's actually a mom. She adopted a 12 year old like 2 years ago.

She came to my local comic con years ago when she had published a comic or something. She was doing free autographs/photos but the line was so fucking huge. I should have bit the bullet and waited anyways.

No, Bendis the comic book writer.

Im wondering what kind of leader she will be. Shades will handle some of the messier stuff but she will still be making some big decisions. I want to see if she still tries to "make her city safe" or just goes fuck it like Kingpin. She was the one to get specialized weapons issued to get powered freaks from running rampant but at the end of the day that was just a bunch of bull diamondback made her do so itll be different now that she has the reigns. Her cousin fucked up the moment he wouldnt let Luke out of his mind despite how much she and shades told him to stop so now that she is in charge is she going full hypocrite or will she not actively pursue him unless he gets in the way?

>Claire rides Matt's ass everytime about his vigilante shit.
>Helps Luke out with his vigilante shit.

What the fuck is this shit?

>love woman
>trust her with your life and warn her when shit her coworkers are doing behind her back is supposed to hit the fan
>always talking about her
>when she died cant help but blame yourself by knowing her
>find out she knew about all of it and constantly referred to you as "the subject" with her job just to assess and influence your mental state

I think the difference is that Matt isn't a bulletproof nigga.

Matt was too deep in the vigilante shit and Luke not enough.

Matt keeps getting the shit beaten out of him, alongside multiple cuts, gunshot wounds, burns etc. It's a miracle that he's still alive.
Luke Cage is bullet-proof and super-strong, so she's not worried about him.

First glance I thought he was a shop regular who normally could trust or anything then he is here teleporting onto armed roofs because he wanted to get paid and prepared to fuck off to Hells Kitchen and it kinda clicked. I saw his name in threads not knowing why people cared until about the Hells Kitchen line.

Why the fuck did the hospital even bother trying to cover up the Ninjas? Like, what was the point? Seems like a lame excuse for Claire to get fired.

Matt also neglects his actual life which Luke doesn't.

Would you stay at a hospital that has patients killing the staff during a ninja attack?

Everyone knew he was dying but I was surprised how fast it took. Then again if Cottonmouth was around for like even 10 episodes I think Pops would have lasted longer. No need for him in ep 6 or 8 when someone mew is in charge.

Well are you a nogooder with no future who finally sees the light? Cause you need that shady past to ascend into full mentor and watch over everyone.

For someone who latched IN is this worth giving a try?

But literally her first ever interaction with Luke was seeing him almost dying to brain trauma. I know the writers on this show are retarded and can't make up their mind as to what Luke's superpowers actually are, but canonically, he is not this immovable object that the show sometimes shows him to be. He can easily die from all sorts of blunt force trauma to the brain.

>Luke Cage? More like Shit Cage cause this was some great shit to watch

This is the strangest praise I have seen. Good to know it's good though. I have no idea who Luke Cage is but I want to get into more Marvel stuff so maybe I'll check it out.

Shot, meant Jessica Jones.

>Lukes uphill battle for that cup of coffee
>Finally going to get his
>Cockblocked by his record
>They offer to get him coffee

>"its not the same"

Turk Barry is my hero. Please let him encounter, and survive, Frank.

You are a fucking idiot. Read it again, dumbass.

It should have been in a cameo. Instead she almost ruins the finale but have so much of it focus on her, a character who hasnt even appeared till now.

I loved Diamondbacks preachy bitching and like how petty he was but yeah he wasnt a end villain. Loved how the final battle was essentially just 2 black dudes having a street fight surrounded by people cheering em on and filming it. No grand battle with Luke going tank mode on a compound or needing to take out like 10 guys just "2 niggas in the street with serious beef the ends with the cops arresting both".

So we're in agreement they should just combine Luke and Danny's shows later right?

I didn't like it.
Shitty action.
Stretched beyond belief.
Boring focus on BLM politics. Make us care organically you fucking retards.
Shit tier banter. If you're making blaxploitation banter is number 1 writing priority.
Direction while not uniformly horrid stunk more often than not. The lame chop cuts on dialogue and refusal to stick with single cam shots so actors can visibly play off each other was disgusting. All in all - drown the offenders.

Yeah, because the patients were part of the ninja order, that's not the hospital's fault. The Ninjas and The Hand were public knowledge anyway.
What excuse would they even give for the staff's death? There's no point in a cover-up, it will only make things worse.
Would you stay at a hospital where some guys that turned out to be gang members were once taken in and killed some staff? Of course you would, because it's not the hospital's fault and odds are it will never happen again.

Was there a scene with Luke lying in trash?

None of this matters to the public.
"This place was attacked" and "people were killed here" is the only thing that would matter.

These Netflix shows are going to get really jarring if no one starts acknowledging Spider Man is a thing.

As someone from Chicago people do rep their hood a lot. The city is hugely segregated at parts and you can really see that with how strongly some care about their particular part. In my sisters high school she met several white girls who literally have never met a black person until that point despite being born and raised in the city. You dont get shot for being white in these kinda places but you can be seen as an outsider and easy mark since they know you are from there. Well sometimes it is a race thing too I guess since I know of some areas that would beat to death black kids just walking by.

>if no one starts acknowledging Spider Man is a thing.
>tfw instead of having a spider-man TV show that slowly introduces all the fun shit in a actual good way we'll get a bunch of shitty movies where everything is rushed as fuck

Isn't Spider-Man, at this point, only a "big thing" in Queens? I'm genuinely curious. They didn't even mention Hulk and Abomination's fight in Harlem in the show, and they were still stuck on the Battle of New York which happened 4 years ago.

But even if they cover it up the ninjas, the fact remains they'll still have to admit that people were killed there. They can't cover up the deaths of their own staff.

Bigger chance of them being a dumbass than a troll looking for replies.

They also never mentioned that the Falcon is a Harlem native despite all the times they talk about great people from Harlem.

You may have a point. The Bugle probably hasn't hired Parker yet and thus doesn't have wide exposure yet. He is kind of hard to catch on camera right?

She was in like one full episode and maybe part of those surrounding it so less than one and a half. In a 13 episode show that is pretty much cameo status because she guest starred, helped one person, and got the fuck out of there.

>they were still stuck on the Battle of New York which happened 4 years ago.
I'm really, really tired of hearing about it. Talk about the killer robot incident already.

Didn't Tony reference clips of him being on youtube when he came face to face with him? Or was that Peter deflecting as to why Tony had the footage?

Anyone want to see Frank casually shoot Luke just to see if the rumors were true?

>DDS1 > DDS2 > Cage > > > > > > > > > > > POWER GAP > > > > > > > > > horseshit > JJ
Ok now it's corect.

It's the 9/11 syndrome, and actually believable. Because even with robots, Americans would still bring up their tragedy and try and sell footage of it

This.
Matt wants to be a super hero to the point it ruined his life.
Cage doesn't wanna be no fucking hero, but can and needs to.

Or the fact half of the Avengers were arrested or on the run. Although I'm sure that the Battle of New York had more impact on them then anything else, I agree that it's time to move on.

People dying in a hospital? Unheard of! Also none of the evil Hand patients were reported or recorded when they were checked in. It was all off book. That's why the hospital successfully covered it up.

She quickly became quite a bit of a bitch to everyone and it was annoying not seeing her turn around at times. Like when she was gonna arrest Luke it looked like she was back on his side then she gets jumped and during interrogation doesnt seem to believe his innocence anymore.

>the reason she died was on you because you didnt trust the system, because you didnt trust me
I was honestly surprised there because usually that is the part where the cop who tries to help gives up on the system and leaves their job but the inspector was right. At the same time though she gave no reason for Misty TO trust her ass since you could come up with a bomb saying the way the bomb is made I think these people are responsible then she would go and tell Misty "no, go find Luke once we arrest him Im sure the chaos would stop" leaving someone no choice but to go above her head in some way or another. At the end she just goes back to her normal cop ways with a stricter resolve to not bend the rules when needing to be broken than before which will probably lead to some really annoying futuee interactions with people who are actually helping.

Who the fuck it that Romeo people keep bringing up?

that's more than a cameo then.

That would be like saying that she and Stan Lee are doing the exact same thing

It still makes no sense that they would give something as big as an alien invasion a name as generic as "The incident"

>2 niggas in the street with serious beef the ends with the cops arresting both
I guess that's why these Netflix shows get praised for realism.

That still leaves the matter of the dead staff

They also ALWAYS refer to Thor as "The Guy With The Hammer". No one is flipping out about the fact that he is a Norse God, something that would make people question their own beliefs and views on humanity. Everyone is always stuck on the hammer.

Mjolnir is a pretty sweet hammer desu.

>I know a really good lawyer
She means Foggy, right?

I personally find the way they always call superhumans "one of THEM" kind of annoying. So forced that they all say it.

Dardevil had Vald, JJ had Malcom. Does Luke Cage have any Power Rangers in it's cast?

>"one of them"
>"super freaks"
>"i thought superheroes only wore spandex lol XDDD"
>"big green guy"
>"the incident"
>"guy with a hammer"
>TRYING TO DESTROY THE ONE GROUP OF PEOPLE WHO CAN HANDLE SHIT LIKE "THE INCIDENT"

I'm on ep 8 and overall it's pretty good. Not as good as s1 daredevil, but on par with s2 and head and shoulders above shitsica jones.

My only complaints are that the acting is a bit suspect at times with pretty much everyone but Claire, and the sort of half assed attempt at the blacksploitation look and feel. You gotta go whole ass with that kind of shit. Also the heavy handed feminist shit at times. It's like really? EVERY person of authority, good or bad save cotton mouth, is a female minority? Really? The music is the shit though.

Yes.

>It's like really? EVERY person of authority, good or bad save cotton mouth, is a female minority
They're in Harlem. Everyone is black.

So with Jessica and Matt in Hell's Kitchen and Luke in Harlem, where in NYC is Iron Fist set?

Wait does everyone hate Jessica Jones? Why am I meant to hate that? It was mostly better than the first season of DD, desu.

That's a shit opinion desu

Pretty sure the Rand-Meachum building is in Harlem.

>It was mostly better than the first season of DD, desu.

I know it's your opinion and all, but goddamn.

Why do you dislike it so much, though?

I've been to Harlem once, not even that deep in. A little girl playing in the street looked up and screamed "white people" when she saw us.

To be fair, she then said sorry. And we were the only white people I saw above 110th in the hour or so we were there.

I don't hate it, I just don't think it's better than DD S1, or S2, or my nigga Luke.

It's definitely the weakest of Marvel-Netflix. But it's still solid.

>Shades will never be your bro

why live?

>female minority
>female

Jessica is a terrible character. Every problem she has is her own fault, and she gets people killed because of her retarded actions then mopes around because of it. She just isn't a likeable person.
The supporting cast was generally pretty unlikable as well.
The action is completely amateur. The punches are obviously faked, nothing has any impact or weight. The acting is downright cheesy slapstick.
It was stretched out a couple episodes longer than it needed to be.
At least, these are the reason I personally didn't care for the show. I don't know what else Cred Forums has against it.

>Luke and Claire obviously won't be end game but they were good together.

>at some point in time jessica will ruin this

damn

plus Matt was constantly getting the nearly beat to death and Claire didn't want to see him get killed. less of a problem with Luke

In her defense she was raped and was forced to do terrible things under mind control. And let's not pretend Matt ISN'T just as mopey.

Guys all of these Netflix shows take place before avengers 2

>Shades double crossed Cottonmouth so he could build an empire with his cousin.

Shades isn't that much of a bro.

Well it's less about the abuse stuff and more about the fact that she purposely keeps Purple Man alive, leading to people dying, then at the end she just decides 'welp, I guess I will just kill you lol'
Her and Matt's 'no killing' policy are equally stupid.

Jessica jones is awful.

I hate that every "strong" female character these days is just written as a cunt who had some shit happen to them at some point in their past and they use it as an excuse to be a cunt to everyone.

Strong people do what needs to be done when it needs to be done. They aren't just assholes because "YOU DONT KNOW ME OR MY PAST SO FUCK YOU!"

See Ellen Ripley and Sarah Connor.

>And let's not pretend Matt ISN'T just as mopey

He wasn't until the middle of season 2, where he constantly fucks his life up and just feels shitty about it, which is just as frustrating as the entirety of Jessica's season.

This could also describe half the male anti heroes in fiction

[ DIAMONDS ARE FOREVER]

It was me, Luke! Me!

Way better than most shit we get nowdays, about "I'm a girl, just cuz I'm a girl u think i canot do et?" like Supergirl.

Are you fucking with me?
She keeps him alive because she wanted to prove Hope innocent, she was under the illusion that doing so would erase her guilt.
Once Hope killed herself she stopped being delusional.
I mean her name is Hope. Kilgrave himself even spelled it out for you several times, holy shit.

To be fair, a lot of the problems JJ has, has to do with the actor. They should've went with the chick they chose before.

K but see JJ had Trish

>T R I S H

BEAT THAT

I agree. user literally just described Punisher, Diamondback, Loki, etc etc etc

Yeah but JJ had Trish

>T R I S H

BEAT THAT

I don't think this is true. What happened in Sokovia was mentioned in JJ and Luke's relationship with Jessica was mentioned in LC, which was obviously after the fact.

Queens

Some people just get all pissy when women are mean but seem to have a higher tolerance for the meanness of men. I suspect the girl who broke their heart in middle school has something to do with it.

Diamondback is pretty much DIO

Karen muhfucka

>K A R E N

My brother, when he first started JJ, said he didn't like Jessica because she was "mean and rude." Like that doesn't describe half the characters in the MCU.

When was avengers two mentioned in JJ? And yeah they happened after the fact, but these shows all take place within the same year or two year period. With DD1 in the summer, JJ in the fall, DD2 in the winter (calendar says 2014) and LC in the spring

LC takes place in-between DD SE2.

>What happened in Sokovia was mentioned in JJ
Pretty sure it wasn't.

>I AM THE AUTHOR OF ALL YOUR PAIN

>mfw my dad and part of his side of the family are like pop

Never said that there aren't shitty male characters. The punisher is a faggot that they keep trying to give depth through "muh ptsd". He's always sucked. He's just red meat for edgelords. Loki is literally A GOD of mischief. His entire character is based on being the ultimate asshole for no reason.

I'm just saying that most "strong female characters" that are written in this day and age are poorly done so by people who don't understand what it means to be strong. Jessica jones is a good example.

Okay Karen is great,

But Trish > back half of DD S2 AT LEAST

trish made me go from just kinda liking Luke Cage to loving it.

>"Am I my bother's keeper?"
>doesn't kill Diamondback

Yes actually, he gets shot in the shoulder with a special exploding chitauri metal bullet and falls into the back of a garbage truck

Clearly not true. It's kinda inter woven but from what I can tell, the end of Luke Cage takes place after the end of DD

You're right! I thought during the part when you hear someone talking about the Avengers on the radio, they were talking about Sokovia, but it was about New York in 2012.

Oh, yea, you're right.
Now we just need one of those in Iron Fist.
Then the whole group in Defenders.

>The Punisher is a faggot

Confirmed for shitty opinion.

I couldnt pull myself to watch DDS2, boring ninja shit after the punisher arc.

>radio edit of Bring Da Ruckus

Luke wants to be hardcore but his mom won't let him

I wonder if Diamondback and Cottonmouth will show up in the comics again, all MCU'd.

Wouldn't be excessively harsh on JJ. Some aspects were really well done which brought it up a bit

To be fair the narrative did fall apart pretty fast towards the end, and while Nuke was a great addition and obviously, his origin ties into Jess somehow, he wasn't very well incorporated.

But also it's Cred Forums and it stars a woman who's angry about being raped. They'll make up a ton of other excuses but that's a big one.

I really hope Diamondback doesn't.

It's very not great. I'm also not a fan of having a show where all the bad guys are faceless minorities. Why weren't any of the good ninjas Asian? Like any of them? But there was only one non-Asian baddy?

why would he?

Is Hammer ever brought up in Agents of SHIELD? because Diamond Back's battle suit at the end, the tech on it has the same aesthetic as something from that show, not complaining, just wondering

Because that quote is from the bible. It's what Cain responds when he is asked where Abel is.

>But also it's Cred Forums and it stars a woman who's angry about being raped.

They seem to really like Mariah, but they also seem to be debating whether or not she "wanted it"

>liking the most one-note edgiest grandmaster king of the edgelords.

Confirmed for 14 years old

But why would Luke kill Diamondback

It's more about why use that quote.

You're doing this on purpose, aren't you?

I think I have a better idea

Diamondback said it to him over the PA in the nightclub didnt he?

that's the worst television show I've ever seen and I've watched most of the stuff on Freefrom and Syfy

Disapointed that we never got to hear THIS IS THE STORY OF THE HURRICANE. Would have fit perfectly.

The Ultron thing didnt happen in America and thus doesnt matter.

I'm sorry please give me one example of a complex character in fiction.

Anyone else find it ironic that [/spoiler] Misty didn't trust the system, but trusting the system would of saved Candace and put Mirah in jail? [/spoiler]

It's also not a thing that has even happened yet in the Netflix Verse

I also don't think that would have worked. Half the police force had been revealed to be working with the mob at that point

Tony Soprano
Don Draper
Ellen Ripley

They aren't animnated so you've probably never seen them before.

The fight scenes on here are edited horribly. Why can't they get the person who does Daredevil choreography to do this?

Different user.
I can give you Tony and Don but is Ellen complex?
I'm not opposingy you here, I genuinly only remember her as being just 'badass' but not having any real complexity.

Well its not like Cage is known for complicated fight choreography, the guy just throws people around

Yo.
Shows like JJ and Luke Cage don't need good choreography.
Iron Fist however does.

Two of your three character's archs can be chalked up to thw insecurity of masculinity and the dangers of pride. Which may sound complex because it appeals to you, but also happen to be the most repeated motifs of the last century.

I want to have coffee with Luke Cage.

He doesn't drink coffee.

I really loved the part where the guy goes all karate and Cage just grabs his leg and tosses him!

I love Pop

Luke Cage is basically a street-level Saitama and I fucking love it.

One Slap Man

In the original alien, yeah she's just a by-the-book badass. But she gets fleshed out in aliens as a more reluctant badass who is out of her own time that nobody takes seriously who missed out on being a mother to her own kid because she got old and died while Ripley was frozen in space. That results in a real motherly protector badass emerging. I know it's not the Mariana Trench but she's a hell of a lot deeper than the punisher

Watching it right now holy fucking shit did Mariah just kill Cottonmouth?

Nah, he'll be fine

*sigh* For the last time Gordon. You can't solve your problems with rape.

That final fight was just terrible. There was no sense of weight when they weren't denting cars or demolishing the barber shop. Plus the Diamonback costume was ugly and retarded as fuck.

YO
where's my money?

>if he hits me enough his suit'll power down
Really, writers, fight choreographer dude? That's what we're going with?

>Shades turned out to be one of my favorite characters as well, I had no idea he'd make it so far, especially after the club.
Yeah, he was just so fucking competent and confident.

Do you need a rundown of the greatest works of literature in the last century? "Complex" characters obviously exist, but you won't find them on capeshit for the most part

Just started watching.
Why the fuck is the blind guy Ollie? Cage HAD a blind guy. Just name this newsstand guy Toby, god.

That was the best.

The best.

>why wont this stolen prototype Justin Hammer gear desinged meant to grant super strength and invulnerability keep it's charge?
Makes sense honestly

I'm a little annoyed that Danny and Luke are going to only have a recent relationship since they usually know each other first before Jessica enters the picture. Same for Misty and Danny. Hope they still up closer than anyone else.

>Once Hope killed herself...

...she still kept the guy alive!

Well, the judas bullets worked pretty well. Since Stark Industries no longer deals with weapons wouldn't it make sense for there to be a sort of brain drain to Hammer?

So i got high when I watched this and kept confusing Misty Knight with Misty Stone. Then I realized my mistake and made myself want a porn parody.

I felt super bad for Misty but at least she got to have some coffee before her life went to shit. The lemonade story was super sad

I can't help but shake the feeling that Mama Mabel used young Mariah to lure in 'Pistol' Pete and held on to the knowledge of the abuse until it was convenient for her. Also that sadly, the only person who believed in Cottonmouth's talent was also a kiddy diddler.

> Just kill Jessica

Give me my Luke/Danny/ Misty threesome

Who are in the same power tier as Luke in the cinematic/tv universe?
Jessica Jones, Captain America, Spider-Man?

Yea, Kilgrave ordered people to kill themselves if he doesn't report back.

it was about Luke not repaying his anger with more anger.

He's stronger than Cap, probably about the same as Spidey.

More like she left the guy run away when hope killed herself, the whole scene is retarded as fuck since the writters forget about JJ having super strenght!

Just jump at the purple guy with your super strong leghts, knock him out in one second and then save the people that are hanging!

Not to mention that LC showed us how super strenght should look like, JJ was a joke!

Like, who directed the episodes? A woman?

Considering she implied she knew the whole time and only killed him because he made a deal with the other gang it's more or less true

MCU Cap is far stronger than anyone in the Netflix shows as is Spider-Man (he overpowered Bucky's robotic arm). In resilience I think Luke is near the top right now

It's probably just him and Jessica right now

The amount of shipping faggotry this show has caused is amazing. People going muh Jessica, muh Danny, muh Claire, muh Matt, and muh Misty is ridiculous

>Edited version of Bring the Ruckus
>Doesn't recognize Bring the Pain as the best Meth track
Come on Luke you're better than this

Didn't the government destroy his company though?

Cap literally curled an helicopter

People think it's like 616 cap who's peak-human but he's clearly meant to be superhuman

she's a girl /co hates girls it's that simple

Honestly my favorite part of this is that Lukes just a public Harlem guy. Hes not skulking around in the dark like every other hero.

Oh and he also charges through concrete walls

In his Star Spangled Man montage he lifts a motorcycle with three dames over his head effortlessly. There was no intention to make MCU Cap peak human.

He's super strong but he's not as strong as Spider-Man, and he wouldn't survive getting a building dropped on him, or a bunch of other shit that happens to Luke.

Luke handles trucks and vans like toys. I chalk it all up to power inconsistencies.

>protecting some punk ass kid instead of Pop

THE AUTHA OF ALL YA PAIN, NIGGA

>He's super strong but he's not as strong as Spider-Man
Yeah I didn't mean that, phrased it wrong
>and he wouldn't survive getting a building dropped on him, or a bunch of other shit that happens to Luke.
That's cause invulnerability is explicitly one of Power Man's powers. It's not some DBZ deal where you get increasing levels of invulnerability the harder you can punch things

Did anyone else find Diamondback to be a really compelling villain for this season? I found his introduction fight with Luke to be fantastic and the extreme shift in cartooney territory with the strength enhancing bulletproof suit was straight up fan service.

He was threatening. He was unhinged. I found his backstory fascinating and you can tell throughout his confrontations with Cage that he's torn between ripping him a new one and genuinely wanting a connection with family he so desperately craves. His warped bible was one of the best touches to the mental state of the character. Also his continual assertion that everything was fine during the hostage rescue was fucking gold.

>super broad characteristics that encompass many other smaller traits are only complex because you like it
>it's also over used and played out
>I'm really smart guys seriously

Anything is simple if you think about it generally enough. Pizza is only dough, sauce, cheese, and toppings right? It's not all of the ingredients, time, and chemical reactions in the dough, it's not the mixture of spices with tomatoes and water for the sauce. It's not the use of bacteria and temperature control with dairy products harvested from another animal for the cheese. It's not the infinite topping combinations that all have their own preparations. It's not how those things are assembled and then cooked together. It's just dough, sauce, cheese, and toppings.

Masculine insecurity and pride can be broken down ad nauseam into tons of characteristics. Fuck off.

Don't forget about Shades. Especially since he's the father of the New Power Man.

>Did anyone else find Diamondback to be a really compelling villain for this season?
No. Honestly I thought he was the worst villain in the Netflix shows bar none.

He's unhinged, but not interestingly unhinged like Kingpin, he's basically the Joker with a bible fetish.

Honestly it was like Farcry all over again, we traded a really charismatic and compelling character for way less version.

When's the last time Diamondback has even shown up in comics?

>everything wrong has something to do with their fathers
>chico
>diamondback
>cottonmouth
YOU
CANT
MAKE
THIS
SHIT
UP

Cottonmouth was more his crazy ass mother really

she was fucking cool

Chico and his crew were plain stupid. No amount of fatherly love can fix that, just ask Pops.

I see Cottonmouth's crazy as his means of doing his job. It's hinted all throghout the series that he really wasn't cut out for the life so he tried his hardest to make the best of a bad situation and developed some horrible tendencies as a result.

Mama Mabel was just a straight up stone cold monster. Casually cutting off one of her dealers fingers, having family execute family, she was the kingpin before there was a kingpin.

>It's not some DBZ deal where you get increasing levels of invulnerability the harder you can punch things
Yep, just look at Jessica Jones. Punches about as hard as Luke, can't take a bullet.

>you sleepin' with him but you can't tell me his PIN number???

what? why the fuck would she know

I know this is a very weird complaint but did it through anyone else off when they mentioned Obama, when Ellis is the President in the MCU?

some user sayed yesterday that maybe Obama just didnt get his second term

only spoiler i want, does Misty's arm get fucked?

>complaining about night nurse
>complaining about getting more qt dawnson
>ever

It gets fucked but not that fucked.

Aren't there two night nurses now? I'm pretty sure McAdam's character is also Night Nurse.

No, and it was such a fucking cocktease. In one of the later episodes Night Nurse does something to her arm to stop the bleeding and says that they would need to get it off in time or she would lose her arm. She got it off in time though

THEN WHAT'S THE FUCKING POINT OF HAVING MISTY KNIGHT IN THE SHOW AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA

she gets shot and they make references to her losing her arm but she doesn't

I wonder if she'll get recruited by shield and show up on AoS at some point?

You never know, maybe in Iron Fist

To have the character?

Mama Mabel was actually his grandma.

oh my god please no

>misty's arm gets shot and she almost loses it
>they save it
>eventually she will have to lose it anyway

>Doesn't recognize Meth vs. Chef as the best Meth track

Corrected that for you.

she wasn't related to him at all retard

Diamondback is death, and his look at the end is his comic book look. I believe Cottonmouth appeared recently in the Power man and iron Fist book.

Shades is a comic character? That's hilarious

>But I'm hoping the next Marvel show doesn't have her in it
See I'm pretty sure she'll be back

Nigga did you watch the show?

Black Mariah fucking tells his plotstory. Cottonmouth's mother got pregnant and abandoned Cottonmouth at her mom's, Mabel's.

Though it was Mariah who had to actually raise him.

Did netflix stop working for anyone else?

>Diamondback is death
So? It's comics, they can bring him back easily.

How much older is she?

Damn, Luke Cage killed Netflix.

A bit, but in the hood, kids taking care of babies happens.

>Cottonmouth's ONLY trait is having serrated teeth

>this doesn't happen

Wish we got Luke being a Hero for Hire. Maybe when he broke out of jail he took advantage of the in universe Avengers hype and used his powers to make a quick buck. He could've kept the costume as a gimmick and his irresponsibility could be some cause of Reva's death.

IIRC didn't Cotton Mouth hire him in the comics? That could make the two have a better history and give Luke a reason to turn calm and collect. Still enjoyed it just wanted more out of it. A JJ cameo would've been nice

Yes instead he has a personality.

this show is so much like GTA that the final boss is just a guy with a cheatcode gun

I was hoping that they would have thrown Iron Fist into Misty's interrogation scene. As an old boyfriend, you know.

He's not back from Kun Lun yet

>As an old boyfriend
He's just returning from K'un-Lun .

>misty's mistys

That makes sense. I was kinda hoping for an obvious allude/pivot into IF but the little easter eggs are good enough

RUCKUS
U
C
K
U
S

NIGGA

BRING THE MOTHERFATHER RUCKUS

the basketball talk needs to stop

terrible

NIGGA

So does this take place before Jessica Jones?

Which Episode had a funnier ending?

3 or 8?

No

NETFLIX IS DOWN!

I'm trying to start episode 3, fuck!

I have a simple question, please be light on the spoilers. Does JJ show up?

>You will never get between Misty's mistys

Chill, brother. It's all good, ya dig?

No.

No, and its probably because Luke's love interests are already being juggled between Reva, Claire, and Misty. Jessica serves no purpose of showing up other than "white girl luke fucked a while ago"

Who's making the playlist for the soundtrack?

but dey gon' git married and has chilens

It was probably a production goof, but the likely explanation is that Obama didn't get a second term or that he was just elected earlier than before in universe

Felt the same wayb I just hate her for some reason. Guess it is true, she did become the bitch we all love to hate.

True, but that's what we have The Defenders for. She couldn't have served any purpose in this season though

It's kinda funny, but I guess you can write it off as an alt universe where Obama was elected earlier at some point

>Didn't watch the show

All of the problems in this show could have been avoided if Galactus had just eaten the earth.

Finding Chico I guess.

「DIAMOND IS UNBREAKABLE」

It's obivous bait retard, kinda why no one replied to it for 4 hours

too many black people

4.8/10

>Boring focus on BLM politics. Make us care organically you fucking retards

Nobody complained about the police corruption in Daredevil, but because its depicted to happening to niggas you're triggered by it?

kill yourself

Not enough black people

2.4/10

But Black Mariah, who's BLM in the show, is fucking immoral.

>THE FUCKING TIARA

She is immoral, she's more portrayed as a corrupt local politician, which is why she's told by Diamondback to 'put on her Al Sharpton'. She's co-opting the movement for her own personal gain. It's exactly what types like Sharpton does,

Can anyone make a webm out of Luke breaking the prison wall in the fourth episode?

Will Claire sleep with Danny and Jessica? Will Misty sleep with Matt and Jessica?

Yes, unlike Jessica Jones this show actually used comic characters

>Claire and Jessica
please

His comics counterpart had the better origin story

Everyone will sleep with everyone

Best guess its because the action is different in LC.

Personally I would get someone that worked in wrestling and someone who knew about boxing.

I also thought that the action in LC looked wonky at times, but it wasn'r as bad as in JJ

There's not much finesse to Luke's fighting style. He just punches and throws niggas arounds and walks into bullets. Also probably helps that its harder to pull a stunt double without a mask unlike Daredevil.

I mean, it works. It's not flashy. And I really don't expect anyone in Harlem to really be able to give Luke a run for his money to even necessitate a fight unlike DD where he was getting his ass kicked every episode.

Almost every single major character on Jessica Jones was from the comics. I'm actually having trouble remembering someone who wasn't

Well Shade's son has to go on to become Power Man 2.

I just want the Hobo Fist show already.

>implying anyone here reads comics

tfw when we might not ever get Shades and Comanche as a duo :'(

>Matt and Luke
Oh boi!

>The Method Man rap

Jesus, I'm rock hard right now.

Completely agree, with wonky I mean it looks floaty some times but still great.

I wished the Netflix shows got a bigger budget tho for some better effects.

So does Misty actually have powers? What's with her having visions of crimes from photographs?

>So does Misty actually have powers?
She has a robot arm

They're not literall visons user. It was like in the early season of The Flash where they had the math and tire track pop-ups, its a way to show her smarts and deduction skills

Nope.
DD Season 2 first half
DD Season 1
Luke Cage
JJ
DD Season 2 second half

Just finished, anyone else kinda disappointed that the season didn't really offer any closure? All the balls it had up in the air are still there by the end. I mean, I'm all for setups and cliffhangers, but you gotta end at least some stuff.

That last fight was wack as fuck too, which is a shame 'cuz they had a perfect setup.

Yes, we can!

This is correct, however DD S2 second half's Frank scenes are still on par with the first half.

None of the Netflix shows so far have much in the way of closure, desu.

Why did no one ever think to do anything to Luke other than punch or shoot him? Does the fact that everyone in Harlem has a gun mean that no one bothers to carry mace or even a knife?

What good is a knife going to do when bullets can't harm him? And no one carries mace around except women who think every man is out to rape them.

They do discuss other means of killing him though.

I think its really funny how a show about black empowerment's best character was Shades.

Is there rape in this? I didn't watch JJ because of the rape.

Rape Shampe. Get over it and watch the damn show.

Monica

He was even race swapped from being black, too

Are you forgetting Machete Squad?

God, this show is just gonna amplify the bitching between Cred Forums and Cred Forumsmblr to an even more cancerous degree for weeks isn't it?

Shades was Dominican in the comics

Fair enough. They do mention some possibilities and they try to blow him up.

If they had a knife that blew up when it struck something I bet it would work. Or maybe a knife that released poisonous gas when it struck something. Or even a knife that makes a really loud screeching noise when it hits something.

>If they had a knife that blew up when it struck something I bet it would work
Or the knife would bounce off of Luke and blow up in the face of the person who threw it like it did in the comics.

I'd hate to be the one holding the knife when it explodes.

There's actually knives supposedly made for killing sharks that release pressurized gas when you stab something, but I'm 50% sure they're mallninja shit

just finished episode 2.

is cottonmouth going to get interesting or is he literally just black Kingpin? because thats all im getting right now and it just makes me want to stop watching this.

He's more black Kingpin wannabe. His empire is already practically destroyed by episode 3 and a large amount of drama comes from how incredibly incompetent and impulsive he is

then stop watching it, no one is forcing you

So there is rape in it? Thanks. I'll be avoiding this too then.

ok good. i was expecting that to happen near the end of season 1 but if it happens right away, ill probably stick with it.

>no one is forcing you
actually my boyfriend is forcing me to watch it.

k

I'm only halfway through, but so far I think it's only implied in one character's backstory. Very heavily implied, but not actually shown

How many white girls does he fuck?

If you say less than 3 I'm not watching this shit.

wow

did Cred Forums direct this shit?

>forcing
No one can force you to do anything honey. You need to check his privilege.

Just go. You have your fun, now just go.

If they did he would have been fucking every white woman in sight. He only fucked Misty the one time then had superheroing to do. He was gonna fuck Night Nurse but the feds cockblocked him

Now, that I think about it I don't even think there were any white chicks in the show lol. Besides like any extras with minimal screen time.

There was that one white couple that had their shit stolen when Cottonmouth ssent his men out to collect extra, and that waitress whos tips got stole by the same men

Oh, yeah I remember the blond one. Still pretty minimal though, a few minutes of screen-time at best.

Boring as fuck, would've worked better as a movie

I mean I have a problem with all Marvelflix series and their padding but at least DD kick's ass instead of le take bullet and throw people man

It really is funny how Cred Forums are the biggest BBC fetishists.

>Boring as fuck, would've worked better as a movie
It would have been a boring movie.
Also I'm glad I'm not alone in thinking this shit was boring as hell.
The first 2 episodes needed to be cut into 1. This shit drags and nothing interesting happens at all. Cottonmouth is the only good character and he's paint-by-numbers gangster af.
I'm loathe to consider wasting away watching the rest of this series.

>Got that John Blaze shit
That was an unexpected reference. Kinda-ish

Why do I keep seeing people complaining about forcing themselves to keep watching the rest of it when they don't enjoy it?

It seems like shitposting fuel for later.

Cottonmouth is actually a cool villain, and once you begin to miss his presence after Diamondback comes into the spotlight

>I suspect the girl who broke their heart in middle school has something to do with it.

I suspect you may be projecting. Anguished, broody males are just as bad as cunty, broody women in anything, ever.

Ikr, it seems like they're being "forced" to open every thread about it voice their disdain too.
Seems like a lot of work for a show you didn't like .

>Why do I keep seeing people complaining about forcing themselves to keep watching the rest of it when they don't enjoy it?
Because I WAITED for this shit.
I very much want it to be good.
I want a Heroes For Hire series.
But not if it's like this. If the first 2 episodes of Luke Cage is indicative of what the rest of the series is like, I'll pass.

Netflix Marvel is a failure.

>Seems like a lot of work for a show you didn't like .
wheredoyouthinkweare.jpg

Because there are idiots that do that. Same for comics. They'll hate the comic but continue reading just so that they can bitch about it.

I've never understood it

I just finished it, really liked it. Somewhere inbetween DD S1 and S2.

-Really upset that they didn't actually make misty lose her arm, the cocktease was a bitch

-Seems like The Defenders is gonna open up with Matt proving Luke's innocence

- Don't think we'll be getting a second season. Or if we do, it'll be well after The Defenders. I actually think the smart thing would to just forgo IF and LC S2 and just make 13 episodes of Heroes For Hire

- Black guy here, really appreciated all the little cultural bits. Sometimes it felt like it was borderline preachy with a message, but it never got overbearing.

Bretty good. would recommend

considering this is the first post I've made about Luke Cage since the series was released, what I take away from your comments is
> People keep complaining they didn't enjoy Netflix Luke Cage
>this is "shitposting"
Chill your shill, intern. Save it for a better Marvel property... like Agents of Shield?

I thought Cred Forums was a safe haven.

>like Agents of Shield
Ok, now you're definitely trolling

Best part of that episode

I know where this is going to go, so save your strawman for someone else.

Episode 5 > *

Fight me.

Luke Cage is still pretty bad, tho.

Anything that gives us DD season 1 is definitely anything but a failure

>It seems like shitposting fuel for later.
And on that day, a young user discovered Cred Forums's true energy source.

Did Reva love him?

We'll never know because dropped plotlines

Wait until his flashback episode, he'll become the most interesting villain of the show there.

I just finished 5. Loved it.

Do people actually like this shit or are thy trying to justify watching it?

Seriously this is one of the most boring pieces of crap I ever watched.

>Mr. Luke "Steal Your Girl" Cage

Seriously what is Claire doing? Just settle down with Matt. Everyone knows you're best girl and Luke's gonna end up with Jessica Jones.

Well, Cottonmouth was a disappointment

For like half a second

Why would anyone want to be near Matt

Luke Cage was about to be the biggest slut in the MCU, if only he was able to bag Claire in the end

does cottonmouth even have his super powers in this show?
or did they make him lame "realistic" villain?

>Hooking up with Daredevil
>In any universe

>Dating Daredevil
are you daft?

>dating Daredevil

Underage detected.

It's worked for Karen so far.

They basically gave his powers into a super suit and gave it to Diamondback

Only watched the first episode because I had to catch up on some shit but I liked what I saw so far.

Also

>single mother walks into the barbershop
>sees a black man with a job and immediately gives him her phone number

Exactly, which is a shame. Because while Mariah is a racist devil and Diamondback was pulpy as fuck, they're both kinda boring when compared to Cottonmouth

meh. good enough.
i thought they were going to have it where luke cage was the only one with super powers.

OH FUCK, IT EXPLODED INSIDE HIM!

>tfw no night nurse gf

I really enjoyed it. Probably the most mature Marvel Netflix show to date. It was slower but definitely more grounded/complex than most of the other ones.

Reminded me of bolters from 40k.

Cottonmouth had charm, even though he was depraved. The first two episodes really highlighted that. "There are rules to this shit", makes you almost want to sympathize with him. Then he loses control and blows up the damn diner with the RPG and his replacement only ends up making you miss him

Can we talk about Shades? He was hands down my favorite character out of everyone

Weakest of the lot.
Colton has zero charisma, the villains were no threat until plot device showed up, half the shit Claire says is "hey guys, remember those other shows?" and the final showdown was Atom in overalls.

I was surprised by how they handled the obligatory blm/hands up don't shoot references.
I was expecting full on race baiting "cops hate blacks because racism, it's the man keeping us down, we dindu nuffin, check your privilege" rhetoric that permeates modern political discourse so profusely lately to be ham handedly injected throughout the series, I didn't want it but I expected and dreaded it.
But the show didn't sink to that obvious low, instead it displayed genuine reasons for the problems in inner cities, (lack of jobs, father figures for kids, militarization of the police in the wake of the war on terror, criminals preying on the community, the war on drugs and lack of community cooperation) and in fact the only characters that race bait are the villains specifically for the purpose of manipulating voters and perpetuating victim mentality to fund their own goals which is so on the nose it's fucking incredible this is the same marvel that makes shit like hellcat and unbeatable squirrel girl.

>Colton has zero charisma

nah hes the only good defender so far

Son, I've got some bad news for you.

> half the shit Claire says is "hey guys, remember those other shows?"

Thats the entire point of having a shared universe you dumb fuck.

Marvel Studios is professionals that enjoy what they do, Marvel Comics is just businessmen.

To destroy a character?

Jessica is "mean and rude" because she's a human train wreck.
Luke is a coward with a conscience
Matt is a masochistic martyr
Makes me wonder what Danny's damage is going to be.

nigga

>militarization of the police in the wake of the war on terror

The police have been militarized since like the 70s champ. Terror is just today's excuse

Shades was top tier but the true greatest villain was Lawyer.

Have they said who the Iron Fist villain will be? Stone?

Luke Cage is bad generic capeshit, but a good actual series, so Cred Forums is gonna hate it.

Did Kingpin get him out?

If he was white you'd call it stoic. cause thats the point

Yes but the got EVEN MORE militarized after 9/11 and the checks on their power were lessened by the patriot act.
When you have access to military hardware you are going to use it to justify continuing to have it, and when the police have it so do criminals which leads to an endless arms race between the two with civilians getting caught in the crossfire.

Cotton was one of the most charismatic Netflix villains, imo.

Can we talk about how good the score is?

who shades? No it was clearly stated that it was Diamondback

"Bad past, doesn't understand modern society so he suffers for it."

White or not I thought literally every other character on the show was more compelling. Luke's a well adjusted dude but shit he's not very interesting.

>Zip goes to Diamondback wearing sunglasses after Shades' arrest
fucking kek

no, Cotton

he had the same lawyer as Kingpin, right?

General consensus seems to be that it's a good show. Loved DD season 1, loved DD season 2 outside of the Elektra/Hand arc, and couldn't make it past episode 2 of Jessica Jones. Maybe I'll give it a try.

He just wanted senpai to notice him

Has the same lawyer, Kingpin wasn't involved. Lawyers do in fact have multiple clients.

It's a much slower burn than the other shows.

Most of the precedent and use-cases surrounding their military hardware and tactics stems from the 70s and 80s. No knock raids, the military tactics, the military gear. I'm not saying that it stalled out after 9/11, and there are several cases where you see the militarization post 9/11 (boston bomber, 9/11, dallas), but the war on Drugs and Gangs is where most of that shit comes from.

Yeah, but it's not like he was Cottonmouth was working for Fisk, that lawyer probably just works for criminals in general

Daredevil S1 > Luke Cage >= Daredevil Season 2 (Ep. 1-4) > Daredevil Season 2 (Ep. 5-13) >>> Jessica Jones

>tfw Turk only wanted Vintage Air Jordans and he got baby diapers

Give the guy some slack

Who's love interest will Luke fuck next?

post yfw the end of Episode 3

All that remains is seeing how he gets fucked in Iron Fist.

>couldn't make it past episode 2 of Jessica Jones.
You seriously made the right call. Trust me. The rest of the show is a complete waste of time.

This, desu. It feels less like a superhero show and more like a crime drama and it's a lot less action-oriented than Daredevil but manages to do it with better writing than Jessica Jones.

villains probably have a union rep tbqh

>mfw "Bye, Felicia"

Are they not going to do Misty with a robot arm?

Can't believe Method Man made a song just for this show.

youtu.be/kOvjL1uQThE

That whole sequence felt really weird compared to the rest of the show.

>whatchu talkin bout willis

really hope this guy gets laser glasses

its cause he's from new york b

>mfw "What'chu talkin' 'bout, Willis?"

Luke Cage soundtrack when? I need them songs, man.

Different user here
I got fucking mad when they killed off Hope like nigga, you spend almost 2/3rds of the season focusing on getting her out then she just fucking does that?

Is this just San Andreas with cheat codes?

open.spotify.com/user/marvel_music_/playlist/0f5Amxafaiq8N0120Y5s8A

i dont either

The Ultron shit didn't happen in New York where the show is set.

The end of Avengers happened in New York.

As much as I love Daredevil's fight scenes I don't think I'll ever get tired of Luke Cage casually tossing and bitch-slapping people with total boredom.

A lot of rappers love Cred Forums shit, Method Man calls himself Johnny Blaze for a reason.

I loved when Diamondback showed up and suddenly it was "Oh shit, a villain can actually whoop his ass."

Non American
What's the Harlem/New York/Hell's Kitchen/Queens set up?
I think they're pretty close right? How far are they from each other

I really like the song. The fact that it played during the hoodiecus scene really worked.

Is danny gay?

Cheers, familia.

if he was white i'd still call him bland. it's a shame that henry simmons is on aos, he'd be a better luke

Thanks, not that guy but didn't know either.

>tfw no reference on how the Hulk destroyed Harlem
:(

Should be noted that Hell's Kitchen is in Manhattan.

Wow seems pretty close.
But I doubt it because those cities might just be really huge

Tfw when you are the Pop in someone's life.

New York is separated in Boroughs (basically different islands). Most of the Avengers shit happens in Manhattan (which is typically what people think of when they think of new york)

Queens is another borough. Harlem and Hells Kitchen are neighborhoods in Manhattan. Geographically, everything is very close, relatively. However, with the way public transit is set up it could take you hours to get from one borough to the next. Brooklyn for example is very big, and getting from like the south side of Brooklyn to Manhattan takes at the very least an hour by train. Hell, getting to the other side of Brooklyn will probably run you an hour one way.

I'm not sure how far Hell's Kitchen is from Harlem, but it probably takes anywhere from 30 to 45 minutes to get there by train. Depending on time of day/day of week

Here's a map of the 5 boroughs because that map makes them look tiny.

new york are very small islands that are very developed and packed and congested. The amount of people there make it hard to travel even a couple miles without spending 30+ minutes getting there

Oh wait it's there. How did I miss it

deadass b facts

>mfw people started walking aroudn wearing hoodies with bullet holes in them

this show nailed Luke Cage and what he represents better than any comic produced in the last 30 years.

>American
>Watch movies and shows based in the NY areas
>Just now learning how each area works and where they are
I should get to studying my own country

since the word on solo Hulk films is in the void, they probably want to avoid referencing the film since its the red headed step child of the MCU due to the Norton departure

Manhattan is less than 22km long, though. So the neighborhoods are getting pretty small.
Little Italy is like what? 500m by 500m?
That's a midsized factory floor.

5 episodes in

Doesn't the fights choreography get anymore better? Nothing looks like ignorant really make impact when Luke is fighting drives of gangsters

get too it user

>and he wouldn't survive getting a building dropped on him

Cap literally survives a building falling on him in The Winter Soldier (his shield helped of course).

New York is really unique. The urban planning there is fundamentally different from basically every other city in America so unless you've been to new york or lived there, its not unreasonable not to know how the fuck it works.

Don't feel bad, We're several times bigger than all but a few countries, with many singular states beating out most countries in land size and population

>Try to frame someone
>Walk away from the crime scene shouting out the name of the person you are trying to frame
>Cops fall for it
Wut?

why the fuck is his forehead so long

Hm... Would the Khan residence in Grove Street still be on this map?

cops aren't smart senpai-a-lam

I kind of got bored of the thematic side of Luke Cage the same way I got bored towards the end of Jessica Jones. They can both be so heavy handed while pussying out at the same time refusing to take a side even though they're being so blunt about what they think politically and philosophically.

I guess that was inevitable with a black protagonist in 2016, same as a female protagonist in 2015.

Daredevil got to be more abstract about its themes though which, to me, just makes it a better narrative. It also helped that in being rooted in more general yet abstract ideas you could have a characters like Frank and Fisk while allowing Matt to be both right and wrong.

I hope Iron Fist is more along the lines of DD in that respect.

It's confusing, but Misty tries to tell people why would someone who's guilty shout their own name while hiding under a hood. But people just think killed by a Super = Luke.

I just want Danny and Luke to meet and be bros.

NIGGA I AM YOUR BROTHER

Well for starters the cop he killed was a community and cop favorite, a sweet old man just walking his beat. It's safe to say that their heads werent clear.

Second, It was a black man in a hoodie punching a man back 20 feet, of course they thought it was Luke Cage, who was brought to the publics attention days earlier. This all only slightly makes sense, but it makes sense

PULL THE TRIGGER NIGGA

It felt heavy handed at first, but by the end of it I think the series was trying to position itself as a comic book story. If people were looking for sociopolitical takeaways by the end of it, I think that's their fault. The politics provided the context, but I don't think the show was trying to make a serious point about it. Or at least not thematically make a point about it.

>WHERE'S MY MONEY?

If Claire tries to settle down with Matt she'll die.

Do you read the comics? Dating Matt is a fucking death sentence.

MY NAME IS NOT COTTONMOUTH

I hope Turk becomes one of Franks informants in the Punisher show. I'm loving his cameos as the shitty ineffectual comic relief villain

Nothin humbles a man like gravity

nah, I don't think Frank would let Turk live, even as an informant

Turk was a human trafficker. Castle would blow him apart.

>I hope Iron Fist is more along the lines of DD in that respect.

Apparently, (I think according to Mike Colter) was that a big thing they were looking for with the casting of Danny Rand was someone who had chemistry with Mike Colter.

I'm really looking for them broing it up in Defenders, Jessica making bad life choices, and Matt just being good old Matt - my life is suffering - Murdock.

NYC is a funny city compared to the rest of the country. Originally the 5 boroughs were their own separate settlements. What is today downtown Manhattan was New Amsterdam later renamed to New York. Brooklyn was the City of Brooklyn. Queens and Staten Island were originally farmland with several villages spread out across them. And the Bronx was its own little thing north of the rest.

Then the population exploded and the twin cites of New York and Brooklyn and they were having issues with parasitizing each other. Central Park in Manhattan is actually a rectangle of wilderness that was left untouched as people started to move further up the Island

In the mid 19th century a charter was signed that united The City of Brooklyn and the City of New York into one city. Staten Island, Bronx, and Queens got added shorty after.

Also if you look at some maps you'll see tiny island all over the place in between. People do live on those with exception to Liberty and Ellis Islands. Ellis island is also technically in New Jersey.

And lastly, Staten Islands is weird in relation to the rest of the city. Its sometimes called the forgotten Island because it has the smallest population and tends to be the last to get funding for anything. SI residents every few years try to vote to secede into a separate city but it never passes because it would be unsustainable as its own city (plus it would probably make us into a part of New Jersey instead of New York State). Take it from someone who lives on Staten Island, if you visit NYC, don't come to SI, it sucks.

Does Luke Cage have any Daredevil spoilers?

I haven't finished season 2

no

>mfw they were dipping Luke into boiling acid
>his fucking screams

I'd love to see his first appearance in the Punisher show be his final appearance in anything.

Night Nurse makes some passing references to a particular event that happened during Season 2 and they reference the existence of Frank Castle later on, but nothing else gets referenced aside from those.

>tfw Washington Height and Harlem are getting gentrified

WHITE PEOPLE GET THE FUCK OUT MY NEIGHBORHOODS REEEEE

you take that back

>Killing off Turk

Aw, you're no fun.

cops don't need degrees sempai :^)

I love how fucking cartooney Diamondback was. It's like they just took an actual comic book villain and dropped him in the middle of the gritty world of the series.

I thought he was kind of boring and shit actually. I didn't give two fucks about the daddy drama

They're just taking them back

Yeah, even the final fight felt comicbook-y. For better or worse.

Rasario Dawson's in both and talks a bit about DD season 2 events but nothing major.

I loved him too. He was one of the most super-villain feeling characters in any comic book adaptations. And I loved the contrast of him with everyone else.

>You ever think about playing for the Giants? You could make that squad easy
>Being hood famous is bad enough. I couldn't be in the public eye on that kind of level

im not sure if they meant it to be, but that seemed meta as fuck

That's how I felt user but then he became really compelling and when he died to early you really do miss him

Season 2 for both should just be Heroes For Hire series.

Nah, the series just need better writing.

I will never forgive this show for changing Luke's personality and making him from the country rather than an inner-city person.

Claire was Luke's original love interest in the comics.

Also fuck Jessica

Now that I think about it, was this show just a Daredevil Season 1 repeat?

>Cottonmouth and Mariah Dillard were just Kingpin split in two
>Shades (who is usually always with Comanche in the books) is by himself in a Wesley role
>Gotta get justice yourself
>Weak ending and bible quoting

I thought it was his Grandma that started him on the whole "Sweet Christmas" anti-swearing business.

Honeslty the show felt like it was African American and Harlem Culture: The Show featuring Luke Cage

Like Cheo Coker (the showrunner) wrote the show wanting to cram in all these references and historical figures and twisted Cage's mythos and backstory to fit that rather than organically growing it and sticking to the source material

it's a meme user, brush up

What's the point when half of those songs were not even in the show?

This show was advertised as "90s hip hop vibe" yet turned out blaxploitation and blues inspired with a couple of hip hop things thrown in. Biggest bait and switch I've ever seen.

enjoy your overpriced rent

>having sex with authistic fucks

I hated the backstory changes they made to him. He should've been Luke's friend from their gang days who stuck with it while Luke went on the straight and narrow, and framed him with Cottonmouth's heroin like in the books.

This son of a preacher shit was stupid.

So, are we just going to ignore the bullet that LITERALLY EXPLODED IN HIS GUT?

She operates on the shoulder wound and... the stomach can just be ignored? If thats the case, why not ignore the shoulder too?

Nigga did you pay attention?

She operated on the stomach wound, and it's safe to assume the shoulder wound went straight through.

Has anyone tried going on a tour of New York using this map? I'd be curious to see what's in all those areas

>JJ
Eh, its ok. just ok.

Stupid Question:

Where the fuck was SHIELD when Luke climbed out of that collapsed building? I mean, I get why they wouldn't investigate Daredevil or Jessica since Daredevil's kind of an Urban myth while Jessica's a bit more obscure. Luke literally climbs out on television, says his name to the camera and SHIELD couldn't deploy one agent to investigate?

Maybe they did user? They are a spy agency after all

Reddit fucking loves it, maybe you should go there

Shades for the best villain

If he had a stand, it would be confusing for your usualnetflix watcher.
Also, luke would be fucked, unless it was one of those weird stands.

thick thighs save lives

small detail, but it bothers me a lot that they use the metro north's "harlem -125th street" sign instead of the MTA's subway billboard in the opening.