Is this show canon?

Is this show canon?

to what?

To what?

All shows are canon to their own canon.
I know this is a shitty bait thread, but thank you op, This is now a Gotham thread.

Why is fish such a shitty character?

to the fucking comics/DC universe

It's not bait. I just started atching ans was wondering if its canon or not.

Hold on, let me consult Joss Whedon. He knows more about canons than I do. Let me give him a call. He'll be able to tell us

>This is now a Gotham thread.
A Cat is fine too

No show/movie is canon with main comics universe, at least for DC and Marvel.

That's disappointing. This is a great show.

Does it make it less great in any manner?

It's like saying that The Dark Knight being not canon is disappointing.

I was under the impression that the Marvel Cinema Universe was in the multiverse the same way the comic book was, they just don't cross over.

Obviously not considering it's contradicted by the comics. And... you know. Not a fucking comic.

It is. The events within a particular universe are canon only to that universe, and the universes stay separate until they are not separate. It's like how nothing that happened in the Ultimate Universe had any bearing on 616 until Spider-Men and Secret Wars.

Well yeah, but everything is part of the Marvel multiverse. From fanfiction to novels completely unrelated to Marvel, it's infinite with every possible universe included.

Canons and multiverses are mortal enemies.

Also DC has no infinite universes, not anymore. I mean one of those 52 we have might be Gotham-verse. We don't know them all yet, right?

Most adaptations have their own separate continuity unless explicitly said otherwise (DC and Marvel Cinematic Universes, the DCAU, YJ show, tie-in comic, and game, etc.)

Dc has infinite universes of 52 multiverses. And sometimes the infinite universes bump into each other, causing multiverses to switch out.

So if DC wanted to, they could make Gotham one of the multiverses with the comics.

Wasn't Young Justice Earth-16?

Unofficially, but DC flip-flopped on that.

I wonder if he smiles every time dc multiverse stuff is discussed.

Earth 16 is... messy. Originally it was the Super Sons earth. Then in Comic-con it was announced to be the Young Justice Earth. Morrison "forgot" about it when he made his multi-verse map and Labeled Earth 16 as something completely different.

I think every time someone understands Morrison's Multi-verse he makes a new comic to make it more convulated.

Ok, there are two 52 multiverses! And one is Evil! Now there's infinite multiverses! But only one Dream! But 52 Darkseids which are just shadows of the real Darkseid!

>Morrison "forgot" about it when he made his multi-verse map and Labeled Earth 16 as something completely different.

What are you talking about? He still put his Supersons Earth at 16. It's not completely different. It was his intention from the start.

The only mistake was the TV people thinking they were getting 16 when Morrison already claimed it for Multiversity.

You said it weird. I'd phrase it more as the local multiverse has 52 universes and there's other multiverses out there with their own number of universes as well without fully known quantities besides the overall makeup being infinite.

>The only mistake was the TV people thinking they were getting 16 when Morrison already claimed it for Multiversity.

DC told them they could have it, so blame the company for being "whatever" about the whole thing.