Weekend Cred Forums creation thread

Or /coc/ thread if that's what you look for in the catalog.

Wiki:
the-conservatory.wikia.com/wiki/The_Cred Forumsnservatory_Wiki

Last weekend's thread:
desuarchive.org/co/thread/86506918/

Last time

-Stuff about Selkies
-Some kind of fellowship something or other
-Knights
-Granny blacksmith
-AC(oSF) ideas

Not a lot happened since the thread did not last long.

And since it's October, time to start getting spooky.

I mean if we can't even jump on the spook train then I don't know what it's going to take to get things active in here again.

weekly bump

These threads really have been slow lately, huh. Well, anyone got a request for a character sketch or something?

Going with the spook theme, how about Whisper and/or Skull King?

Yeah, it's spook month.

So there's the skeleton trio, but there's also Whisp.

>halloween spooky thread

How scary would it be if Marion reached for some tea, and it wasn't there....Because it had turned to COFFEE

Beats turning it into blood.

Didn't quite have time to finish this at the moment, but I'll work on that and maybe a Whisper later today.

almost.

Neat.

Might as well go full spooky this month.

She hates tea though, she only drinks it because of ingrained vampiric compulsions.

Not quite on theme, but I've been playing around with some of the Livewires designs. I'd like to establish some common features to tie them all together visually. I like the idea of giving the twins some potentially unnerving helmets.

So that their helmets all match Indra Thunder's?

Eyes glowing, no face visible.

Must be tricky cramming that hairdo in there.

The common trait with Indra's helmet is the lines leading from the eyes mostly.

I'm imagining a very complicated system just for pulling their hair back and flattening it so the helmet can attach.

The system probably involves many tiny mechanical arms.

Or just a build in automatic comb.

Oh shit! I always loved these thugs and now I love you for bringing them back. If life wasn't fucking my bootyhole, I'd commission the fuck out of a bunch of people for more of those dudes, and Cred Forumsntainment.
Have a heartfelt bump, baby.

They've persistently been around off and on for a while now.

Well, here's this junk.

And Whisper.

Damn.

What is going on with Whisper here?

This certainly feels halloween relevant.

Nothing in particular, I just like drawing windy / turbulent effects and I've been sketching some stuff like that recently. Maybe just ignore that picture if it doesn't actually make sense for Whisper.

What ARE Whisper's powers anyway? It's a psychic gestalt, a living idea, but what can it actually DO?

No, I mean it's good.

I just wonder if he's riled up in it or not.

The more people thinking about Whisper at any given time, the stronger Whisper becomes.

The main powers Whisper often displays are telekinesis and mind reading, though it goes a bit further than that.
Whisper instantly becomes aware of everything anyone knows when they meet Whisper (unless they are very good at hiding their thoughts).
Whisper also appears when being observed in a form that is similar to the mental image a person has of their own appearance.

So Whisper always looks like the observer to some extent.

It's sort of omnipresent. One thing though, Whisper isn't particularly omniscient despite that. Whisper is sort of a multifaceted entity. Anyone thinking about Whisper sort of has an "iteration" of Whisper in their mind. This "iteration" will know everything that person knows, alongside things that could be considered "common knowledge", stuff that is well known enough that Whisper is able to access it as sort of background psychic chatter.

The thing with that though is that the iteration of Whisper that exists in one person's mind can't directly transfer information to another iteration of Whisper in someone else's mind. The exception is when Whisper can ride along the network of a Psychic's powers. If you tell Whisper something, it can't relay that information to someone else unless there's a Psychic hub of some sort between you. This is part of why Whisper has attendants.

Of course, as with all of Whisper's limitations, this becomes less of a problem the more people are thinking of it. If an entire office building were thinking of Whisper, it would become one collective iteration from all their personal iterations. If enough people from all over the world were thinking of Whisper, it would be able to access the sum knowledge of mankind and relay it to everyone.

Whisper is almost literally the cultural zeitgeist.

Oh, one other thing, the more of a psychic presence that Whisper has, the less it looks like a psychic mirror and the more it starts to take on its own distinct appearance. Presumably, the "turbulent" look could be assumed to be Whisper with many minds backing it up, the effect of all the overlapping iterations.

It's a visual cue that can be used to show when Whisper is particularly powerful at a given moment.

One of the ideas I had is Cookie sometimes uses Whisper as a FTL communication relay while out in deep space.
Like when they meet Harold and Whisper shows up because Cookie and Kay-2 see similarities between the two different cosmic entities. After their interview with Harold Whisper back on Earth can tell his attendant all about it and the information spreads from there.

I wish I had a gender neutral noun for him since Whisper is genderless.

Fitting for the month I'd say.

Whisper definitely feels like an it.

Whisper seems like the sort of thing that could be key to the advancement of humanity in the setting. With Psychic relays, Whisper represents a voice that can carry across the universe.

Just imagine when Cookie finds a spice that temporarily gives whoever eats it psychic powers.

T H E S P I C E M U S T F L O W

Not sure if the spice cultists should be involved or not.

Well then, here's hoping the thread doesn't die too soon.

>time to start getting spooky.

its my time to shine I guess, because as it seem, I can only draw spooky or suffering.

Bumping with spooks.

Spooky suffering?

Having a hard time staying off page 10 lately.

Borb

So what kind of spooky shenanigans would our cast of character be likely to get up to?

>bump

Spooky ones. Possibly creepy and kooky ones, maybe some altogether ooky ones.

The Skeltal Three, Wisp, Marion, Blueblood and Deadlift get together to run the only haunted house attraction with real live spooks. All proceeds go to charity, of course.

Boss Imp opens a rival haunted house.

All proceeds go to his business.

I imagine he'd be sweating when he realized who he was competing against.

should've started drawing earlier. I doubt I'm gonna be done with this till next week.

to protect

this was the first time Cookie saw Deelettes power going out of control. Cookie learned another lesson about heroes, sometimes they have to protect people from themselfs. Cookie promised Deelette to stay by her side no matter what happens, this made Deelette very happy.

refering to

and

That's a whole lot of tentacle rape.

this is like only the beginning, later she is gonna unconsciously summon some bizarre /d/-tier monsters, kinda lewd yet still rated PG-13.

My heart goes out to Cookie and his poor virgin bootyhole.

Don't worry, the /d/emons are very respectful of consent. They won't make people do anything they don't want to, at best they can just make people admit to wanting things they'd usually deny wanting.

By then he'd have his own plane of magic to throw around, so fighting a "servant" of that blue bastard wouldn't be anything too heavy for him.

Big Blue definitely has a lot more experience wielding his color. Centuries, at the least. I'd say that's more than enough reason for a prudent man to watch his step.

Yeah, but Blue Blood isn't The Lonely King, she just gets power from him.

Yeah, he could probably handle Blue Blood regardless of experience. It'd be the possibility of the Lonely King breaking loose that'd be on my mind in his shoes.

I think that'd be something on all the kings' minds.

I think the Lonely King wouldn't want any of the others aware that he's found a way to still have influence though.

Would Imp boy not be up on things in Earthrealm once he got the portal open again? Beebs is pretty visible, as demon vampires go, he wouldn't even have to look that hard to get a guess at the source of her powers.

Though that's an interesting point. At the juncture that Imp King has his powers back, Blueblood's quest might be much further along as well, and if the demons knew the Lonely King had a foothold outside his prison they might well decide to do something about it.

I imagine no one has made the connection yet since it's just unthinkable that Lonely would share his power with anyone.

I don't think even the Blue Blood clan knows the demon in their blood's true identity, and they tend to not let themselves be seen by anyone who isn't about to die.

The heroine Blue Blood has been active for some time, probably years before the portal from the planes collapsed, so if she wasn't noticed before then, it'd take some direct contact for her to be noticed after the portal is fixed.

I liked the idea where Blue Blood would get delivered to a meeting of all the kings' representatives from a few threads ago.

Maybe they send out messengers to collect the color kings for meetings, and somehow an old blind one got sent out for Blue, who winds up mistaking Blueblood for the Lonely King because she has a similar "smell" or something.

The Devout Symphony might hire someone to go look for a Blue representative for the meetings since that empty chair bothers him.
No one actually expects anyone to be found to represent him, not even TDS, so it shocks everyone when someone shows up to deliver Blue Blood right in the middle of the meeting.

"Honestly I thought this was going to be a Justice Coalition thing."

I've sometimes wondered if Hank has three horns or if that's a goatee.

Her problems are mostly European in nature. What branch of the Cred Forumsverse would really be the most likely to interact with her?

Britainment is wary of her. The Cosmic Crusaders could reasonably be expected to run across her if dealing with Dracula shit.

How many different types of vampires do we have in the setting?

We have classic vampires of the Dracula variety.

Demon blood super vampires who just as readily eat other vampires as they would humans.

And possibly chi vampires?

The Crusaders interacting with her is pretty much a guarantee for it to get back to Boss Imp, so any surprise meeting would have to happen before they're involved.

It feels like Blue Blood meeting the other demon kings would be a huge game changer in her story since now all of the other kings would be sending demon hunters after her kin.

Last bump before bed, hopefully the thread will make it through the night.

I remember some talk of cosmic sun vampires.

For it to have the full impact, BB would have to have gotten to the point in her story where the Lonely King made himself known to her, which was supposed to be a climactic twist if I remember correctly. So by the time she's eligible for this meeting, she's probably the last remaining member of her kind. If there had been any other eligible candidate, she wouldn't have been the one that got dragged in.

Part of the setup for Cred Forumsverse vampires is that there is some super heavy imprinting going on from the vampire patriarchs or matriarchs. Entire bloodlines inherit distinct traits, including even particular fondness for certain foods.

Well, even if there are still others she is the easiest to find. She belongs to a team that appears on national television while her kin deliberately hide themselves away in kingdoms folded into space.

>bump

Looking through old pictures, does anyone remember what the deal with this one was or if anything was done with her?

Morning bump.

The archives are up so the info was easy to find.

>Tammy is the daughter of well-known mad scientist Doctor Henry Capra. He's a fairly benevolent mad scientist, however, and a loving father despite his quirks and flaws. He was testing an experimental sound emitter one early morning, when Tammy came down to see what he was working on. He gave her a pair of headphones to muffle the noise, as they watched to see if he could cause a watermelon to explode at a certain vibrational frequency.

>The thing is, it's hard to tell if your sound emitter is working when neither of you can hear the bloody thing, nor each other. After several failed attempts to communicate, and an inability to tell if anything was happening at all, Tammy removed the headphones. Her head exploded.

>When a scientist's daughter's head explodes due to an unfortunate lab accident, there is little else he can do but try and mend the problem! Of course when your father happens to be (as mentioned earlier) quite MAD, his solution may not be the sort most would expect. Who needs a head, anyways? In this era of magic and science, it's not as if the brain is necessary to bring back one's child. A few occult deals here, and a little tinkering and testing there... And while you're at it, why not improve on the old model? She needed energy blasts anyhow. So now we get to add "Scientist's cyborg daughter with her soul in a jar where her head should be." to the list of the city's finest.

I'd say she's already aware of him, just not WHO he is.

If he ever manages to gain control over her body for any duration of time, then she'd probably be among the last 20 of her kin.

When their numbers decrease down low enough, I think the demon will begin forcing them out into the open more and more.

I don't recall this.

Did it have to do with aliens?

That's entirely possible. I wonder if the Lonely King has thought that far ahead.

Can I give a character? I wanna give one.

Thinking is 95% of what he's able to do.

Sure, what does he do?

Yeah, that's about all I remember. Alien sun vampires.

Anything to do with this guy?

I'm still going to ship him with Deelette's younger sister.

Erin, during her time with the Crusaders, learns of aliens.

Boss Imp learns of aliens through Erin and decides they need to expand their business.

How does that play out?

I have not figured that out yet, all I have is super strength, Can fly 120mph and has durability comparable to Luke Cage.

Good guy or bad guy?

I doubt this would actually be the first time the Boss has had wind of aliens. Some of the magical societies probably have come into contact with the demon plans.

Yeah, but this would probably be the first time Boss Imp has thought there might be profit to be made off of aliens.

What even counts as profit for him?

I was pretty sure after he finally took the throne he gave up the post office to Hank. For the most part, the office was a means by which to gain the resources and connections he needed to reclaim his birthright.

As a king, I suppose he's less concerned with profit and more concerned with influence.

Right, I keep forgetting where in the time line this stuff is happening at.

But what is the going rate for using the guild's services?

Are you sure?
He deals on a plane by plane business. He could have been dealing with alien worlds for ages and not know they exist in the same realspace as Earth.

I have no idea what that is.

I have no idea. I would assume that all the planes exist within the Nexus and not in "real space" like Earth does.

Star Titan the alien race Captain Stocking Arms is a member of created using their psychic power to protect their planet.

It got hijacked by an evil alien overlord and so they began trying to create a hero to reclaim it, that's how Captain Stocking Arms came about (he wasn't called that on his home planet).

This is good shit.

I'm playing around with some very messy, loose stylization. It's going to take some work to do it properly, but I think it would lend some interesting feeling to something like Toxique's stories.

Interesting.

So would Toxique have like a story arc in the Motion series?

I can't really see her having a solo series.

I think she's pretty much completely contained in Motion's storyline. She shouldn't need to see any use outside it by the time her arc is completed.

There's only a few places where she even could be used outside of it.

Just got back, he's a good guy

Last bump before bed.

OK, what's his name?

He looks bug themed.

how does she look like?

Somebody's been watching netflix.