How is it?

How is it?
On a scale of 1 to 10.

Melissa Benoist is 10/10 but for the love of Krypton why they made Jimmy Olsen into a nigger?!?!!?!!

I'd say 6.8 overall, but some episodes are up to 8.5.

The handful of people on Cred Forums who've seen it all overrate the shit out of it.

It's awful, cringey shit. Maybe the next season will improve things, but certainly during the first season, it was terrible: badly acted, badly written, badly directed, badly choreographed -- not to mention "You go girl!" nonsense at every turn (and the awkwardness of JimmyxKara, regardless of whether you hate him being turned black or not).

I can't imagine you'd need much knowledge of the show going into S2, so I wouldn't even bother.

Cute/10

Son I know his is 4han and you feel a need to be edgy and racist. But please don't use the n word. You don't know how many people you are hurting by using that word

7.5 normally in my opinion, though it can be an 8 on really good episodes.
Has a rocky start since they tried the forced feminist/girl power angle in the early episodes but grew out of it and started getting pretty good on the later part of the season. Sucks that not many people will give it a chance due to the first few episodes though.
Will watch season 2 when it airs, looking forward to Tyler Hoechlin as Superman

6.5/10. I love Melissa Benoist (for looks, but also in the role).

It does a better job later on in the show of developing the characters of Cat Grant and Maxwell Lord, but I think the rest of the characters aren't all that interesting. Martian Manhunter's persistent depowered state kinda sucks (there's a particular scene where instead of using his powers, he shoots at someone, and it's kind of silly).

But the Flash crossover episode is really, really good, and it gives me a lot of hope that S2 is going to be spectacular once it can use some of that shared universe.

11 out of 10 for its treatment of Alan Moore's For the Man Who Has Everything

like 3-4/10

It has moments of so-bad-its-good cheesy special effects and hammy acting, but on the whole it's just horribly scripted, the episodes are too long at an hour a piece, and most egregiously of all, it's pretty fucking boring.

Benoist a cute, however.

7 starts out weak picks up after episode 4

No no no, in this context nigger doesn't mean "back person", it means "mandingo sex dream". It would've been fine if he still was Jimmy Olsen, nerdy sidekick. He's Jimmy's complete opposite. THe issue is not that he's black, the issue is that they took a character and then made his mirror opposite. Why even use Jimme, just make another character! Call him Jamal Osborn or some shit.

I find the treatment of their "JAMES" Olsen really fucked up and racist.

Gone is the reckless and funny kid who's a rookie with red-hair and freckles and in is the tall, strong and sexy alpha black male with baritone voice that makes all the female in the cast moist.

The role is a fetishization of the black male as a lower and animalistic creature that will debase our white female,. or, as you put it, the mandingo sex dream.

They aren't even subtle about it.

>its treatment of Alan Moore's For the Man Who Has Everything
You mean butchering it? I like the show and that was the most disappointing episode of the season.

4, Melissa is great but everything surrounding her is laughably bad.

God damn I want to order myself some fried chicken and have a pleasant conversation with her about how the show has affected her life

7/10, some may say that's a bad number but not to me.

7 out of 10, not worth binging but worth watching week to week preferably with a group

Like Flash

The early episodes had a lot of "she's a girl and you gotta DEAL WITH IT!" but it didn't last long.

Sounds like you're projecting

Black Jimmy olsen should have been closer to urkel, than a romantic lead. It's as if they just made a completely new character to toss in. The dude honestly looks more like Steel than Jimmy.

It ain't bad. Front half of the season is a struggle, but so was Arrow's first few episodes. I'd say it's better than most of Legends, and both of the most recent seasons of Arrow.