It's the Captain's Birthday

Post MCU CM wishlist expectations.
Also, this is a Carol general now

Other urls found in this thread:

archiveofourown.org/works/7926028
youtube.com/watch?v=UXJrBgI2RxA
illuminatingcomics.tumblr.com/post/128325450375/everything-is-jessica-the-happy-end-from-now-on
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

What's with this increased attention on Carol lately? She has no character and her best outfit is dead and burried. Her movie is two years away. What material is there for multiple generals?

Happy Birthday, Briefu. Here's something Carol would love to have.

>wishlist
Get Mary Elizabeth McGlynn back as Brand but in live action.

Assuming she's not FOXed over.

>they recast

Reed's carlfags are loud. LOUD.

>What's with this increased attention on Carol lately?
It's been building up for a while, user. There are some die-hard Carolfags here.
The recent surge has been for two reasons: Brie Larson's casting and the Spider-Woman issue this week. Carol and Jess breaking up is like.......superman and lois lane breaking up. or peter parker and mary jane. That's why Carolfags were up in arms about it. I sure was, I made a twitter account just so I could hate-tweet Hopeless

Anyways, don't sweat it too much, user. activity will die down after this week. And let's be fair, most of the threads were storytimes, which are 100% Cred Forums appropriate.

Anyways, I think we should probably have just one Carol general thread from now on. It makes it easier for us to interact, chat, and whatnot if there's only one thread. opinions?

>is like Superman and Lois Lane breaking up. Or Peter Parker and Mary Jane breaking up.
The sad part is I believe you believe that.

Yeah I don't get it. She's currently the Poochie of comics. She's terrible.

I miss murdercarol
I hope she throws cars in the movie

>is like Superman and Lois Lane breaking up. Or Peter Parker and Mary Jane breaking up.
>The sad part is I believe you believe that.

From the POV of a hyper-Carolfag, it IS like that. While I'm a huge fan, I'm fully aware that she's not a household name like supes or spidey.

Am good with that. So far, I've counted 6 of us Carolfags who has been present over the days that Carol threads have been popping up. The thread jumping can get taxing lol.

Also,it's not just the Carol-Jess (for the record I'm with the bffship corner) but the whole wreckage of CW2 that's been piling up on Carol. Never really liked the direction that they took with her ever since KSD.

why not read some of the storytimes and find out? they're all linked in the thread.

no need to read KSD's run. her current ongoing is pretty good.

This pls. Car throwing. Trucks throwing. Just have her hurl a lot of stuff.

>Never really liked the direction that they took with her ever since KSD.
KSD's run was SO BORING. It had a few good moments......very few. and what was KSD's obsession with funerals?

>Also,it's not just the Carol-Jess (for the record I'm with the bffship corner)
I'm in favor of lesbians. Well, bisexuals, it would make more sense. But I'd rather have friends than nothing.

A glimpse of Busiek and Reed Carol. I know the movie's gonna take a different angle on Carol seeing how Marvel's obsessed with putting her on a pedestal as thier top female hero. Somehow, I would prefer for Carol to be back in the background with Jen, Jess, Wanda and her Avenger besties - even Logan and Simon. I was a Carolfag way before this CM push happened so I'm quite anxious for my hero.

I've no problem with the Carol-Jess shippers. They do look and act like old couples but I personally cannot see them romantically/sexually attracted to each other. I see them more of soul mates - the solid, strong friendship kind of soul mates;

yeeesssss

It's not a legit murdercarol thread without this image.

I want her to bro it up with Cap in the movies.

Isn't obvious? The House of the Rat, demands from Marvel to push her, because of the movie.

>Incompetent
Ok, I'd agree on some level. She has a long list of fuck ups.

>Homosexual
- Rossi
- Mar-Vell
- Logan
- Simon
- Rhodey

Homosexual?

She's a major part of an awful event, she's getting an awful movie and some fan has taken it up upon themselves to storytime some good stories about her.

Ultimate tony

The original had Korra and she's bi too, it's just jokes

Thanks Preacher user. Haven't seen this before.

>Carol and Jess breaking up is like.......superman and lois lane breaking up. or peter parker and mary jane

-- relationships that have gone on for 40+ years
-- 4 year old shitty tumblrista lesbian ships

HMMMM

the end

>4 year old
KEK

>tfw no qt reverse trap murdercarol gf

>I'm fully aware that she's not a household name like supes or spidey

Are you fully aware of why that is without discussing chromosomes

Marvel's gonna need to try really hard to make Carol likeable again before her movie.

Then again, all it took was RDJ to turn Stark from "biggest asshole who isn't Norman Osborn" into "the most popular Marvel hero who isn't Spider-Man."

I shouldn't have laughed this loudly

Pity-induced contrarianism is my guess. After all those months of unsuccessfully trying to force her down our throats as this kind of new progressive female heroine, who'd have thought embracing the punished, incompetent meathead-personality would be the thing that turned the tables.

If they introduce Spider-Woman into the MCU, they better be surrogate lesbian moms to Spidey

> Carol and Jess a 4 year old relationship
> 1981

The lack of popularity wasn't what I was alluding to.

>Carol and Jessica have been friends for 35 years
>Pete and MJ were only married for 20

As a Carolfag, I don't like what Marvel is doing to her. I'm with the other carolfags who push Busiek and Reed Carol as the true Carol.

Also, I want my Evil Empress Carol to come into existence.

I have a guilty pleasure of shipping Logan and Carol.

Don't you mean fascist military dictator?

Carol actually has a very good circle of friends that keeps her dear. Jess, Wanda, Jen to name a few. You also have Logan, Peter, Steve and Tony. These guys were her support during her tumultuous times and they've been there for her as she struggles greatly against herself and her demons. God forbid anybody would say her life is nothing less than miserable.

You welcome user glad

Goodness that art...why...

Wishlist?
>Jessica is her sidekick and theyre gay for each other
>Carol has a woman's haircut
>Reference to her black outfit, maybe as a jacket
>No Kamala
>She fights a Kree Sentry

I agree in everything except
>a general for Carol now on

No character needs a general, if they were a group of character like the x-men sure.

Any would do. I just want to see her break and be unrestrained. I want to see Cru's revelation of who she could become come into fulfillment.

>Reference to her black outfit, maybe as a jacket
A pool scene maybe? With her wearing the Black Ms. Marvel costume minus thigh high boots and diamond mask.

Holy shit. If Marvel's brave enough, CW2 could actually end with this coming into pass. Carol's too hard on herself on trying to good it ricochets back as a fuck up. She just needs the proper trigger to lose it.

Oh, cool. Another Carol thread!

She's destined for destruction. Let it be.

I wrote a Captain Marvel fic a while back (I plan on writing another one later on today). Here:

archiveofourown.org/works/7926028

I don't want to see her break, but I do want to see her struggle. I actually want to see her and Tony reconcile based on their shared AA past.

Just a quick scene wearing a shirt with a lightning bolt would do.

Carol really did have her own identity as Ms. Marvel. It feels like it got washed away a little, for Captain Marvel.

>Carol really did have her own identity as Ms. Marvel. It feels like it got washed away a little, for Captain Marvel.

It actually felt like she was her own character when she was Ms. Marvel. Right now she's just a legacy character wearing her old bf's clothes.

I think that, even though I like the idea of updating Ms. Marvel into a Captain, the execution was botched. Taking away Carol's flaws harmed her character, to a degree.

>It actually felt like she was her own character when she was Ms. Marvel.
eh, I always found her black outfit too reminiscent of Mary Marvel's black outfit

wait till the MCU version, Disney is obviously gonna turn her into a mix of wonder woman/superman, it wouldn't suprise me if her movie had a scene with her stopping a plane that is falling down or her being loved by civilians.

The worst part will be all the "yfw Marvel does Superman better than DC"-threads.

>Spoiler Section

Your hatred is misplaced... Bendis is the one to blame for this

>don't want to see her break, but I do want to see her struggle.

I mentioned in another thread that Carol actually does so well in misery. She develops more as a character when thrown into tragic circumstances. She struggles yes, but she never really fought against the circumstances that troubles her. I believe the only way that she could, in a way, in a very destructive way, be victorious, for once, against her demons is let go of her idealism and just..be a warrior. She belongs in a battlefield. Physical conflict feeds her need to divert her violent tendencies.

Think about it, she could play nice with the Kree and be the "savior" of their dying empire. They have had interest in her in the past - seeing her as the perfect kree-human hybrid. With the Kree under her command, she could commandeer and enslave the brood and skrull. And then ta-dah, warlord Carol.

Lads, I dropped Carol's ongoing in the midst of her KSD period. I wanted to like Carol but I couldn't stand it anymore.

Is it safe to go back? Is it safe to give her another chance?

I talked to you in that thread, actually.

Also, I'm the user who sent Brie tweets about Reed, and hasn't got a response. I was gonna do it again today, but today's her birthday. I'll wait till tomorrow.

I would say, no. Marvel's weird obsession on pushing Carol has pushed her in every direction except where they wanted her to be - so her characterization is fucked up right now. It has been discussed in other Carol threads, and most agrees, pre-KSD Carol is the best Carol.

Her ANAD ongoing is good. Hell, it even makes CW2 decent as long as you don't read anything else. But it's getting relaunched soon with a new writer who hasn't done anything but a few shitty YA novels. At the very least the premise seems like they're on the right track, but prepare for the worst just in case.

>superman and lois lane breaking up.
Technically they never broke up. They just got rebooted.

Oh! Well, hi. Hello, again. I guess you're also the one who announced Brie's bday in the storytime thread?

Thanks for the effort and thought btw. For the twitter.

hell the preboot ones are still running around and their son is gonna co-star in a book with damien wayne

murder!Carol confirmed beyond confirmation

I didn't know it was her birthday, so that wasn't me.

I hope she isn't ignoring me...

It certainly feels like that's why they're being so rough with her now... counting on that MCU bounceback, which is incredibly foolish

Weeeeeeeeeeeee

Oh, yea, btw, you're all under arrest.

Dress Carol!

> pucker lips Jess
cute cute!

Carol is an old lady name.

LEWD

>As a Carolfag

How can you be a fag of such an awful character?

Lesbian Carol

They recreate the Spider-Man kissing in the rain scene with Carol and her romantic interest. Complete with erect nipples and thin clingy soaked clothing.

Iron Man got popular because RDJ has incredible charisma and on screen presence and still Iron Man isn't really a popular comic character/title. People just like RDJ. Brie Larson isn't RDJ.

>Her movie is two years away.

Still not enough time to get this trainwreck to work. I bet they'll even butch up Brie

Let me guess. You only know post KSD Carol.

Nigger, she's never been good. Quit fooling yourself. There's a reason it took her 40 years to get to 100 solo issues. Her legacy character has done more with her name than she ever did.

Wow, no-one even told her. That's actually kind of fucked up.

nah, the big kiss scene should be in zero-g.

Wow. Ad hominem. Well, I guess you're hero's better. I'm sorry my admiration toward Carol does not resound well to you and that I rather would not care about sales or popularity of a character I chose to be one of my favorites. Maybe I have my own reasons why I'm a Carolfag instead of more_imba_more_famous_mr/ms_perfectfag.

So go on an hate on Carol as much as you like or look down on carolfags like me for our personal choices. You're probably a more superior comic reader cause you definitely know which heroes to be followed and become fans with and which ones are shit.

>zero-gravity boobs
Sounds like hell to be honest

Literally tumblr.

I don't even have a tumblr account.

Kek
user got called on on his elitist shit and threw a Tumblr card.

Your mom was literally tumblr all over my dick last night.

Dude, if you only know the politics behind why Carol went off the radar for years...and why DC has someone named Kara Danvers.

>I bet they'll even butch up Brie

Hnnnnggg I'm exxxxxcited. Make it so.

I don't know the politics. Explain, please?

She went by Linda Lee Danvers 15 years before Carol was even created. Ms. Marvel was created as an homage to Supergirl. You dildo.

Super fucking triggered.

wat?! no CarolAss yet?

Only soft butch. Still need to sell toys to girls.

Honestly, a 10-14 year old Kamala cameo would be sweet.

Maybe they're at the end some news channel is interviewing people about her and Kamala just fangirls over Carol

Please end your life.

OP here. I created this thread for Carol fans and aince Brie happens to be playing her character for the MCU and it also happens to be her bday, I thought a little thread for them would be fitting. I never intended the thread to attract hostility to both fan and non fans.

I know Cred Forums has been saturated with Carol threads for the past days due to what happened in CW2 and the Reed Ms. Marvel Storytime. You know well, as you've witness in this board before, this will pass. Bare with us for a while. You are not forced nor obliged to participate in this thread but if you do have a thought to share, you're very welcome to do so.

Carol hype will end. Something just instigated it and we got a bit unnerved - well, I was. Anyways, I need to go and cook dinner.

Have fun, guys and Happy bday Brie!

Don't get down just because one person has a tiff. There's nothing wrong with Carol enthusiasm, and if other people don't get it, well, they can just not click on this thread. I like these threads--it's making me appreciate the character.

>autism

Why don't you go back to your hugspace on reddit?

>All-New All-Different

Is this a doujin?

Nah just a pin up.

>if other people don't get it, well, they can just not click on this thread.
I love this general thread mentality. "W-well if you don't like the problem, j-just ignore it!" As if that's ever made a problem go away in the past. Fucking absurd.

But that assumes the threads are a problem. Literally why would this thread annoy you by existing?

>He had cancer
>Reed was too busy trying to figure out magnets
>T'challa just kept saying he was painting his house

Dammit Logan, thanks to your internal monologue all the telepaths know her origin.

Because generals attract the worst types of fans.

Carol's current haircut is shit. SHIT!

I bet KSD is the one responsible!

> it wouldn't suprise me if her movie had a scene with her stopping a plane that is falling down or her being loved by civilians.
please god no.

I like the way you think

>zero-gravity boobs
>Sounds like hell to be honest
uh.......why? if you have boobs and live in zero-g that means no more bras, ever, and no saggy boobs. ever.

Hey, at least the threads have been about Cred Forums material instead of Cred Forums shit like OP's post.

it's Cred Forums, you have to expect someone's going to be an asshole.

don't let it get you down, OP. It's a good thread, and amazingly calm compared to most of the site.

But she's a Captain...or a Colonel, wassit?

problem? what problem? We like the character, you don't. You don't like the character, ignore the thread. simple.

>thier top female hero
I think this is my biggest issue with this character. You don't set out to make a particular character your headliner and star character like that. You build the character, write compelling stories, and let the fans decide. Pushing a character like that will always come off as inauthentic, and may actually turn fans against the character.

Marvel should know better, but it's obvious they don't.

Do people actually like Carol or is it just a meme?

Cred Forums Pass user since November 2015.

you're absolutely right. I wish they'd figure this out.

Dude stop feeding that user. You're wasting effort. Nothing you'd say would change him or have him think differently. It seems like general threads irks him (of all things that should work him) and has set a goal of letting the anons inside know about his hate.

But he is helping in bumping the thread though...

I honestly do. Before all this CM push mess. I liked her since I first encountered her in Uncanny XMen.

read the thread and figure it out for yourself.

the end

Thanks Preacher.

>Carol really did have her own identity as Ms. Marvel. It feels like it got washed away a little, for Captain Marvel.

That's the fascinating thing. It SOUNDS like she was just a sidekick, but not only did they almost never team-up as superheroes (they did in HER book for a two-parter, and they tried to join the Defenders together once (with a half-dozen other people, including Quasar, going by "Marvel Man").
That aside, as Ms. Marvel, what most people don't talk about because it doesn't fit the "sexism" narrative is that she actually had her own unique iconography. She wore Black instread of Red/Blue. She had a lightning bolt as a symbol instead of the Star of Hala. There was a time she just changed her name to "Warbird" and kept the outfit, showing how little it actually has to do with Mar-Vell or the other Captain Marvels.
Hell, even Monica Rambeau had the symbol on her chest, and she never even MET Mar-Vell!

>"She's certainly all-New, All-Different."

When did that name stop being a joke, Anons?

It is exactly what boils my blood. Carol is far from an ideal hero. Fuck, she's a walking train wreck. Marvel has made her a magnet for many reason to hate her - and on subjects that are actually far from who Carol is pre KSD.

I think this is the reason of the recent emergence of Carol threads. If you, noticed, it's bashing her current handling by writers and bring bringing up the old Carol. The Carolfags are itching to reintroduce the Carol that we became a fan of in the first place.

Personally, I'd wish they'd jump off of the boat of a hero and be a full pledge anti-hero. But's she's Marvel's trophy female lead...

I like Carol because she's a terrible person, with being a drunk on top of that, that tries to do good. But Marvel's trying to push her into what people think Superman is, I guess since they don't have the full movie rights to any other major female characters that aren't just offshoots to any male characters hell Carol even is that but looks like she isn't.

The Army rivalry!

She even spends a lot of the issue throwing parts of a tank around.

You welcome..

this.

Carol has a malfunctioning moral compass when it comes to violence. She's nowhere near the ideal of what a hero should be but she does have a hero's spirit and that's what kept her going despite of the ordeals that she underwent. She's always been hard and strict on her very own self it leaks out sometimes and projects on how she treats people. It's her unperfectness that makes me root for her.

I think the lower panel speaks of how Carol is scared of her tendencies and hate herself for having them in the first place. Then you get with herself confirming her fear. The self loathing was palpable especially in Busiek's Avengers. But she still goes out there and attempt heroics and try to be a hero - cause without that, she's be so lost.

I think the most peace Carol experienced when she left the Starjammers and just roam space as Binary for a time.

The recent storytime made me like her

>Carol has a malfunctioning moral compass when it comes to violence.

now make it so Carol is floating mid air and it is perfect.

The thing is though, this is how Marvel shows a character love.
When Spiderman was living a nice, stable, married, uncomplicated life and running through the motions in terms of superheroing ...
sales nosedived.
Why? Because Pete was meant to be the hard-luck hero, the underdog. Anything else is boring.
Marvel's first fix was blindly trying to recapture the glory-days of teenaged Spiderman with an idiotic clone retcon, then again with an idiotic OMD retcon, all the while not understanding that it's the heroically met trials and tribulations of those past stories that fans responded to.
It wasn't until they turned Parker into Doc Ock that fans were excited again, a touch of tragic evil made things more dramatic. The threat to the status quo and the actual change to the status quo were progress in Spiderman's overall story. And fans cared about the Webhead again.

It's the same thing with Carol:
When you demand that Carol get her happy ending you are demanding that her stories no longer have any goals for her to strive toward.
When you demand that she be returned to the character she was in the past you are demanding that all her growth, all her hard-earned experience and past struggles be undone.
And when you demand that she become perfect and never again make mistakes you are asking that her human flaws, the very things that make a character unique, be erased.
Carol deserves better than that.

Pete and Carol went on a date? Goddamn, why do bitches love Spiderman so much?

I do not understand, for I am a sociopathic comic fanboy who craves depictions of violence.
Are they saying that Carol has embraced pacifism in some issue that I have not read?
Because THAT would upset me.

Pete asked Carol for a date in exchange for help. Carol could not use het powers then.

Am on mobile. Could someone direct this user to the date issue on the storytime so he could enjoy Peter's adorableness. Thanks in advance.

It's the other way around. Peter wanted Carol. Carol is just fulfilling a promise to a friend.

Right on point, user. I dont know who to fully blame - the writer or the editor. They could have handled it a better way to make the transition and introduction smooth. But nooooooo, they have to hire KSD to (re)write her and have her led CW2.

Huh. I could see this working extremely well

>I dont know who to fully blame - the writer or the editor

The answer to that question is "yes".

good points you made, user. However: I don't think anyone is asking for a happy ending for Carol, or for her to be perfect. In fact much of the nostalgia for Reed's Ms. Marvel run is based on the fact that we want her to be imperfect. I won't lie, I'm all for Carol x Jess, but not as an end. Considering how volatile Jess is, having the two of them get together would generate more drama, only of a different kind. And describing Jess as a goal is just.....incorrect.
Your best point is about people demanding a return to Reed's Ms. Marvel. On that one you are 100% right. Simply resetting her character to how it was won't work. I'm seeing signs of old Carol peeking out from new Carol, in her ANAD book. We'll see what happens next in CW2 when she goes to the most eventful AA meeting in history.
In a way it's as if there's three Carols. Reed's, KSD's, and the current Carol. Reed's version has been discussed to death, no reason to repeat anything. KSD's Carol.....well, you know. The new Carol is a combination of the two. It's as if she's got her demons under better control, but they're still lurking under her hyperdisciplined surface, under the sarcasm and quips she uses as armor.

Your post was very well-written and well-considered, user. I am suspicious about who you may be.

Recently she got put in charge of human diplomacy - "Ambassador Extraordinary for the Human Race."

She does complain about having to try to not punch aliens though.

have you seen that man's ass?

do not fear, Carol still kicks ass. She just takes longer to get started, is all.

I would hope that the movie portrays her in character.
Not because I'm itching to go see it, but because if the movie gets it right then every writer from here on will know who to write her as, and if they don't they're just a screening away from understanding her.
Every once in a while some writer has a bad run and a hero is portrayed out of character, but those can be forgotten and other writers can bring them back.
But if there's a way to screw her up once and for all it's going to be on the big screen.
That has me worried.

Have you seen CarolAss?

This just made me more anxious for the film. It would definitely affect her future handling. I'm scares, user.

Problem, user, is we can only speculate on how the would handle MCU Carol. There's no definite say on what they're aiming for other than the change in the origin cause it resembles Half (why would they feel the need to change it, anyway.)

of course, why do you think I'm in this thread? dat booty is legendary.

So what do we know about this potential movie so far? Other than "It might exist in a couple years" I don't know a thing about it.

Nothing much to learn really. Just the casting and change of origin story for now.

No user, you have not spotted an industry insider among us.
And sincerely I have my doubts that any sane creator would ever expose themselves to this nest of trolls and malcontents.

So will MCU Carol be an alcoholic fascist fuckup like her comic counterpart?

>So what do we know about this potential movie so far? Other than "It might exist in a couple years"
well, we know it will definitely exist. they signed Brie Larson, that means money and contracts are moving around. and I'm sure they have a team in preproduction in the bowels of the Disney machine. other than that:
Carol: Brie Larson
release date: March 8, 2019
director: a woman. the consensus is that Marvel is practically turning handsprings to find a female director. I'm a little concerned, because I only care about how good the movie is, and female directors are not common. though if they got Bigelow I would cream myself.
writers: Nicole Perlman and Meg LeFauve. Perlman co-wrote Guardians, LeFauve co-wrote Inside Out.
Plot: origin story, and the writers gave an interview where they mentioned it would be changed to remove Mar-Vell.

aaaaaaand that's pretty much it.

> remove Mar-Vell
I guess I'll consider that as another mind wipe to tally on Carol's mind wipe tally sheet.

>it would be changed to remove Mar-Vell.

So Carol's going to be Captain Marvel from the start?

>So Carol's going to be Captain Marvel from the start?
looks like it.

Is her origin going to be in Infinity War?

I remember it was because it was too similar to GL's. I could be just pulling that out of my ass.

Let's speculate.

Air Force - power origin - captain marvel.

Did they just erase the whole existence of Mar-Bell and his significance to the life of Carol. Holy shit.

I know it's a shop, but it looks good as proof of concept. Damn good.

Who the fuck is the native?

And why is he dressed like that?

> I remember it was because it was too similar to GL's

Ah, so they're admitting they're creatively inferior to DC. Good. They are.

>Is her origin going to be in Infinity War?
we don't know. personally, I think it may be.

TOTAL SPECULATION: the easiest way to get another super-powerful human in the MCU is via infinity stone. what if Carol's a non-powered soldier in Infinity War 1, and faces Thanos with Iron Man and company. The fight against Thanos goes poorly, as we know it will, and in the melee, she grabs one of the stones and tries to destroy it or throw it away. instead it zaps her, leaving her dead on the ground.
post-credit scene: Carol wakes up from being dead with powers. cue captain marvel movie, which we know will happen between IW 1 and 2.

>I remember it was because it was too similar to GL's. I could be just pulling that out of my ass.
you aren't, that's what they said in the interview. Not sure I buy that, but I think her origin did need to be streamlined.

1/10 got me to reply

Expect some older air force guy to act as a father figure to her with a name that sounds similar to Mar-Vell. Like Marve or something.

But...Binary?

Have her grab two stones, there's your "Bi".

That might be valid if Carol's comics ever sold. They've tried everything and no one is interested.

I'm guessing her Binary powers will already be part of her CM powerset when she gets powered up.

Beefeater, Jameson and Chivas are the only ones worth a dime.

Never tried Ricard or Ballantine's

There was a time before Busiek where writers never really write her in. They tried to erase her into oblivion in the MU. I think the mess that was Avengers 200 was totally unfortunate for her. She faded into obscurity until her prominent arcs in Busiek Avengers followed by Reed's Ms. Marvel.

I hope she and Wanda get to be bros.
Er... girl bros.

There's a lot that could happen in two years. Hopefully it would produce something good or at the very least, better than CW2.

This

What was Marvel thinking when they decided to chose her? The amount of reworking they did to make her likable and uber relevant backfired. Less than a decade does not make a character leave enough remarkable impression to garner the reputation of an iconic hero.

This since the MCU girls doesn't really interact so much.

Also, I hope they keep the Army-Airforce banter between her and Steve. Those two always had this bro-sis aura going on.

My wish is for that terrible fucking costume to come no where near the silver screen, doesn't have to be the black one with the boots, and honestly at this point it would be a pipe dream, but for the love of god, they can hire ONE person with a fucking brain and give her a chance at wearing a good costume.

They had Soy design a few ones before they settled to the ones she's wearing now.

I like the sleeveless one.

We'll probably get one that's basically Captain America's outfit one with bits of the current comics one.

>Carol is Marvel's Starfire

Uh, okay.

Yea, they settled for "let me wear my dead bf's clothes." Pathetic when you wonder the fact that the reason she adopted the black and lighting costume was because she wanted to have her own identity away from the Kree persona that overtook her after the accident.

?

Posted that a few times myself in the first couple of carol nostalgia threads, and honestly I would take any of them over what we got.

In fact I even liked the multiple variations they've shown of it, like the black and silver one in time runs out, and the version Wasp wore in the alternate reality of Age of Ultron.

I realize her captain marvel costume is a tribute to mar-vell with the colors just reversed, but all I see is an unoriginal costume that makes her look like a shitty superman clone.

I replied to your other post

>the version Wasp wore in the alternate reality of Age of Ultron.
Post it?
And I agree, all it needs to be GOAT is a different color scheme and her lightning bolt instead of the Hala star.

Black>>>>>>>>>>>>Blue

Iseewatudidder
Kek, user

Don't know what it is, it's barely any different but in my mind it's still a massive improvement.

And as for the time runs out variant, it would've been fine if they kept the gold, and left her sash red like it's supposed to be.

forgot pic

casual observer here, i have just caught up on that. seems like a different character to me.

Sorry for pixels, but there's also this one.

Same designer gave us this one.

She looks like Peej

Yep, first time seeing that, and I would still take it in an instant.

Now you understand our outcry about the mishandling of Carol. Especially KSD Carol.

Love the thigh high boots and the sash.

now think of animating the metal bits of the star.

I imagine some metal octopus sitting on her chest, with its tentacles snaking around as she moves.

This ones looks like a homage to her Ms. marvel costume and Warbird armor. A bit more redesign but I think this concept would fit her more. I wish she'd drop the hala star and wear the lightning bolt again.

This looks nice. Better than what she's wearing now.

that's some nice suit

> MCU CM wishlist

More designs.

I'm not familiar with DC lore, why is she like Starfire? I thought the closest DC character that she's similar to is Green Lantern and WW.

There is no Carol. Just a image of a Carol to sell to people who doesn't really care about comics but are gloriously being serviced by more than the fans themselves. Because fuck fans.

Yes

This is disgusting. The constant need for more material goods just because it has been slapped Captain Marvel branding.

And that's what Marlel and Didney wants and aims for. Merchandise brings more mooolah.

Brie Larson is incredibly cute and charismatic. She's a phenomenal actor like RDJ. She will kill it as Captain Marvel.

KSD's Carol Corps will probably be back on the hype when the film is released.

She can only work with whatever script and directing she's given no matter how phenominal an actor the person is. Aside from casting and the origin story, CM's still a blur.

To hell with the film. Have her and Tony fall off the wagon before CW2 ends. Let two idiotic drunks succumb to thier demons and find resolution at the bottom of a bottle.

> MCU CM wishlist

- Carol and Wanda friendship
- Car throwing
- Old costume cameo
- Captain Marvel and Captain America banter
- Jess Drew
- Binary mode
- murder!Carol
- CarolAss (pls tell me Brie can bring justice to Carol's legendary cheeks)

Nah, she has no ass.

Great actress and critically acclaimed screen writers. That's two out of three there. Sure, Marvel could get a director ho completely rewrites the script, but the Brie Larson casting just gives me more confidence in Marvel and shows how invested they are in this film.

Tony will find his resolution at the bottom of his grave.

She's too little, to tiny
Total lack of curves
To skinny to play a female superhero

With this skeleton body?

>Have you seen CarolAss?
>of course, why do you think I'm in this thread? dat booty is legendary.

Brie Larson don't have any ass

Let go, Carol. Seriously, just, go all out. You need to either be the anti hero or a villain. Both suits you more than this pretensious heroics for heroic sake.

She does it just needs some work. Hopefully Disney gets her a trainer that shows her squats.

Yup Disney Magic save Hamill.

>

Cute

got dayum

Nice

Larson now 3/10 booty

Ridley after squats

8/10 booty

You're comparing spanks and six inch heels to a bare ass in a thong user.

So I've been thinking, the movie division has never given a shit about what happens in the comics lately. Clearly the comics follow the movies these days. GotG and Inhumans were only brought back once their movies were announced. And Inhumans will certainly take nothing at all from anything that's happened to them since this renewed "interest".

I can't remember if the Deconnick relaunch of Carol occurred before or after the movie was announced, but I wonder how much influence it will actually take from those comics, if any at all. The actor they cast looks much, MUCH more like Carol as we've known her when she was Ms. Marvel, Binary, etc. than the sidecut and fauxhawk look.

I'm not sure if anybody involved has stated anything about this. It'd be very interesting for them to take the concept of Ms. Marvel becoming Captain, but go in their own original direction with it, completely disregarding the relaunched one.

Not that I really have any strong feelings about the character at all, the new one or the old one, but it'd be hilarious to see Marvel backpedaling on Carol the same way Bendis did on GotG once he saw the actual movie and wasn't just basing his shit off the trailer.

>KSD's run getting heaped on for being cheap and outright crappy after a possible success of a CarolCap movie leads to a better-quality CarolCap comic series.

That would be the best thing ever.

She looks like she could fill out with a trainer.

I've been saying this since they announced the movie - the writers are going to do whatever the hell they want with her and it'll become her new comic canon, just like the Guardians.

Except nobody will give a shit about old Carol. Not a damn soul.

This bikini pic > January

The webm > August

I love Brie Larson, but she needs to workout
As an actress Larson deserves 10, but physically she far from Captain Marvel body

I don't really understand your point. The movie scheduled for a late 2018 release. There isn't even a director or completed script yet. Why does a webm from half a decade ago make you think she's not gonna be physically ready by then?

>barely acknowledges Jessica Jones
>one of her closest friends

I don't know whether I should be happy or upset.

Does this mean symbiote-Carol is next in line for a Netflix show?

because, you don't get a body like this in 6 months

youtube.com/watch?v=UXJrBgI2RxA

Larson will need at least 18 months to get to this level

I'm pretty sure Disney and Marvel have it covered user but feel free to drop them an email.

It's more likely that they would go straight to her being Captain Marvel. Her history is too convoluted and stretched out in the corners of MU it would require more than a regular full length film to tell her endeavors pre CM.

I wouldn't expect much of the movie being true to the comics. Carol's has one complicated past. I just wish they'd stay true to some, if not all, of her characterization and not go full quippy, perfect poster girl KSD Carol.

Would probably go Air Force non powered Carol > power origin (of which I think Binary powers is already a part of her power set) > heroics (SHIELD recruitment?) > first contact with Avengers.

How tall is Carol? Also, her Ms. marvel days she seems to have a DD rack and a lean mascular physique with lots of curves but her latest renditions is as varying as her haircut. I think the only thing they kept was her ass.

Nowadays she's officially 5'11". Way back she got taller when she transformed into Ms. Marvel but that got dropped pretty quickly.

the end

So I guess Kree alcohol has energy she can absorb aside from getting her drunk as fuck in seconds.

> MCU wishlist
A scene much like this.

But that's not Billy

KEKD

Let it go, DCfags. Marvel's already handed you Hal Jordan's origin story and changing Carol's. Sharesies.

To be serious, although I dislike the lack of reference to pre-KSD Carol, it is awesome that we have a Captain Marvel movie coming out.

Am half-half. I still don't know how's they'd handle Carol but the fact that there's a film coming out, the fan in me can't help but rejoice. That same fan is also anxious.

Wow, Brie looks real good there.

For the movie, they need to balance the KSD Carol, with the Reed Carol. They shouldn't go full murder-Carol, but they also shouldn't have a perfect Carol.

I like this compromise for MCU Carol.

Can't access my trip right now, but thanks for support. I really think that's the best way to go.

i really fucking hate this dark blue color they use on everyone

>She looks like she could fill out with a trainer

Eagerly waits for buffed up Brie. But she's missing 3 Carol assets: height, boobs, ass

Looks like we need some illumination in here.

who makes this?

i know they have a tumblr

Illuminating Comics!

>>There are Superheroes in the world that fight for freedom, justice and to help the weak...and then there's Carol Danvers.

I had a fucking great laugh at this. I'd prefer this over the KsD one and have this on my pull list.

Yeah, Illuminated Carol is by far the most interesting version of the character I've ever seen. I find her to be delightfully nihilistic.

This page right here, by the way, is by far my favourite single page in the entire series.

Say what you will about the original series from which the art came, but Carol's disgusted and/or shocked expressions are the best.

Thank you

After Bryan Singer X-Men
After Zendaya Mary Jane
After Gadot Wonder Woman
After Zack Snyder

I JUST like Larson, B-U-T...
I don't give a shit about capeshit anymore

You are welcome!

And that's the kind of shit art that can get you into comics today, kids. Fucking deplorable.

>opinions?
You're a faggot?

Second-favourite page in all of Illuminating Comics right here.

This deserves a medal of some sort.

Just for the record, I'm not responsible for these re-writes; I'm just posting them.

(though if you remember certain fairly infamous edits of Uncanny X-Men #600, I WAS responsible for re-writing those, and have something in the same vein I'm working on right now)

Last one for now. If anyone feels like reading onwards on their own, they can pick up here:

illuminatingcomics.tumblr.com/post/128325450375/everything-is-jessica-the-happy-end-from-now-on

After reading these last bits, I think I am done with comics. For good this time. Comics these days just aren't entertaining any more. I have no idea who they are trying to reach with all this preaching and bullshit messages, but it aint me. Fuck it I guess, I give up.

>I have no idea who they are trying to reach with all this preaching and bullshit messages, but it aint me. Fuck it I guess, I give up.
Wasn't there a time when comics were nothing BUT moral preaching?

They are attempting to reach guilible, shallow pockets that has enough spare change to be spent for thier little tirade of "muh representation" and endless sjw preaching with little or less of classic capeshit stuff going on on the panels.

Oh, God.

Yes, my child, you called?

>You need to have talent to sell what you're trying to do.. and you? You don't have what it takes.
>You're Hopeless.
Heh.

Hot

thanks for the storytime

Which are your favorites?
14 without the helmet for me...

All of them except for, 9 and 10.

This

Cool

>There are some die-hard Carolfags here.

4 was cool and underused.

Anka's is great if only they hadn't made it lighter blue.

>4 was cool and underused.
Agreed

True

Very different from the original source

Drink

Very true

See you next time, Carolfags.

See ya around user.

Thank you user

This

I know I'll still encounter you Carolfags around this board. Til then keep Carol's coffee flowing until it's time to bust out the booze.

Bye bye.

Cheers. I'll have a bottle or two ready.

Until next time.

drink responsibly

Thank you for your concern user but I happen to have high tolerance.

Glad to hear.

Goodnight.