Atomic Puppet

Dead Thread Pizza Edition

Semi-weekly thread about the Disney XD/Teletoon show Atomic Puppet. Other obscure Disney XD shows are welcomed here as well.

>New episodes when?
Teletoon will broadcast new episodes starting this Monday.
youtube.com/watch?v=07AJsbwf3sg [Open]

>MEGA?
Right here:
mega.nz/#F!C8gzzYoS!sfboyzI0eoKLvdxd-395zQ

Other urls found in this thread:

teletoon.com/en/schedule
animationfestival.ca/index.php?option=com_oiaf&task=showevent&i=1412#1412
youtube.com/watch?v=ul_xV8lVSPI
youtu.be/S0Cxub52G7o
instagram.com/p/BK_413fgx1T/
charlatan.ca/2016/09/atomic-puppets-canadian-premiere/?utm_content=buffer4fc58&utm_medium=social&utm_source=twitter.com&utm_campaign=buffer
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

I admired your persisting

Thanks user

I just want this thread to take off honestly, last one was starting to gain traction but it didn't survive the night.

There's gonna be new episodes, so there's plenty to talk about I guess.

You wanna talk about obscure Disney XD shows?

Yes please

>Joey's hair doesn't fit in the hat
Kek

Looking at the schedule it looks like they're airing the first episodes next week.

teletoon.com/en/schedule

If I had to guess, they're probably starting over this week and next and then we'll start getting a new episode every day.

This show is good

>Teletoon has Atomic Puppet flash games
>They have earraping volume
Man, this really takes me back to my childhood days

I'm going to post this again for the bump

Hopefully the US joins in and starts mass airing the show so more people know about it.
I agree, it has neat visuals and decent animation

Good to see people talking about this show. Thought I would share some info I learned about it. I traveled to Ottawa for their animation festival a couple weeks ago and I went to a panel that the directors and producers of the show were doing.

animationfestival.ca/index.php?option=com_oiaf&task=showevent&i=1412#1412

They talked about how they started working on the show after almost the whole season was written and once they started doing the animatics they could see the show was about to fall into a formula. Something that's really really common with Canadian shows. They hit a certain episode and I guess realized that the show could be more than just a formula, bad guy of the week show and so they started to rework the episodes a bit at a time until by about the 6th or so episode they wound up re-tooling a whole episode from scratch.

From that point on they talked about how the focus shifted to trying to make the show all about the characters and not just random wacky stuff happening. One of the directors talked about how important it was for them to make sure that over the season, you could see the growth between Joey and AP.

It was really fascinating. In Canada, normally you get put on a show and the main goal is to just get it done. So many times you're in the middle of a series and you know it's not good but the machine says pump it out. What they did on this show was basically a team of only like 3 or 4 people were given the ability to try and fix those problems, even if it meant they had to blow up entire episodes that weren't working.

Anyways, thought I'd share. It was kinda cool to know that it's possible for a company to let people do their jobs and trust them. Hopefully people start to really get into this show and other Canadian companies take note.

I'M READY FOR DEEPEST LORE

spotted this in the trailer. Is this Joey's teacher????

Yeah it seems like it.

We should do a run down of the clips in the new trailer, a lot of them are from upcoming episodes.

It seems like the general feeling from people is that the shows got better after the first few, so I'm thinking this might be the reason why.

I said in a previous thread that this show "reeked of effort" which I'm not surprised to find out is actually the case, this is a show where it seems like they're really trying to make the best it can be. If people who actually care got to make shows in Canada more often it might mean a lot more good cartoons for everybody.

Ya. As an example, a studio I worked at did this show.

youtube.com/watch?v=ul_xV8lVSPI

This is the type of stuff we're normally faced with in Canada. So you can see why I'm hoping Atomic Puppet takes off. I'd kill to work on that instead.

That reminds me a bit too much of Star vs.

This looks like something straight from GoAnimate

GROUNDED GROUNDED GROUNDED GROUNDED

This is pretty cool.

youtu.be/S0Cxub52G7o

For you friends

I'm glad the show got reworked, and Canadians are learning from experience that instead of shitting multiple mediocre shows in a short span of time, it is much better to work carefully on big shows, even if it takes more time.

It seems like a lot of them realize the shows are formulaic shit, but the way the industry works over there prioritizes more pumping out episodes constantly.

That's really sad dude.
>be Canadian working in the animation industry
>see past failures, those shit shows that became horrible memes
>not this time, I will change that
>suddenly, your boss stops you
>"sorry but that's not how we do it, instead we do it like this"
>get forced to repeat the same past failures, but this time they have your name printed on it
>become a slave, get ordered to pump out mediocrity
Whoever is in charge of the industry in that country needs to be hit with a baseball and allow studios to do their stuff freely.

Ya the problem with Canadian shows isn't the artists working on them. It's the system as a whole that encourages getting shows done cheaply and quickly. People who want to stop and think about and challenge things just slow the business people down.

Happy to hear that's not the case with Atomic Puppet.

Godammit, now I want this show to succeed more than ever, it feels like something's at stake here

Obviously it takes more than just looking good to be a good show but this is the type of details you don't normally see coming out of Canada.

instagram.com/p/BK_413fgx1T/

Their Instagram account shows off a ton of stuff about how they made the show. Pretty neat.

Hope someone makes webms out of those videos.

Is that fucking AP on the bottom right?

A mutated Captain Atomic, yeah

Is that going to show up eventually?

Of course.
After all, he's a big guy.

BOND WITH ME JOEY

Captain Atomic's background episodes are surely going to be a wild ride

I wonder if we'll get to see how he steadily became more of a douche, considering the show's got retooled into being more character-oriented.

>YOU WANT A BADASS LOOKING MOVE?
>DisneyXD logo in corner

What? How fucking lenient is this channel?

>A random Canadian toon has nicer looking action scenes than flagship shows like Adventure Time or Steven Universe

america should be a fucking shamed.

Disney XD is the HIP AND COOL CUZ OF BORING OL DIDNEY CHANNEL YO basically

Yeah what the hell? Has this aired on TV?
It doesn't seem fanmade.
Fuckin weird, unless kids channels got particularly EDGY all of a sudden

Well they're using one of the few studios that can make flash-style animation look good (the Canadian Mercury Filmworks) instead of Korea

Does Atomic Puppet have a bigger budget or is CN just that fucking lazy?

I think it is a bit of both.
As previously stated, the creators of the show decided to redo all of their episodes, with improved writing, animation and other stuff.
CN is now reboot central, with lazy-asses thrown into the fray.
I still can't believe a Canadian show has better action scenes than Steven Universe.

Mercury Filmworks does some of the best TV animation in the world so it shouldn't be a huge surprise the show looks the way it does.

Not that I like SU, but the two are completely different shows. AP is more of an action/comedy show, whereas SU is more of a...drama/slice of life type of show?

I doubt that promo aired on TV. Most likely someone doing them as work samples or something.

>ARE YOU FAGGOTS READY FOR THE BEST ANIMATED SHOW OF THE CENTURY?

>FUCKING WELL THEN, BECAUSE YOU PUSSIES ARE ABOUT TO WITNESS THE PURE DEFINITION OF BADASSERY.

Yeah, I think it might be too much for the kids.

Bit of an unnecessary stretch?

Hoping this show comes back to XD soon. Though the fact nothing's been announced makes me doubt it will be this year.

Have to admit the lava lamp is a nice touch.

It's drama and slice of life but it still has a lot of action moments and one of the key traits of the gems is that they're good fighters. AP certainly shows they don't need to go full sakuga to get a decent looking punch from Garnet that actually feels like it has some impact.

Then SU could learn from AP in that sense. Most shows tend to have some weaknesses, I guess that's SUs.

ATOMIC BUMP

Kek

Well, at least the good thing to come out of this is that if Atomic Puppet does well, it could incite other Canadian cartoons to think long-term and aspire for quality rather than quantity.

On another note, I hope Villanous redeems Mexico as well (whereas redeem means opening the door to a better animation industry).

This. I'm a fan of Steven Universe and everynow and then there are fight scenes. Some like Alexandrite vs. Malachite and the training session in Mindful Education look good, but most of them lack... impact?

They have this horrible "bomb" format made specifically to have more time to properly produce episodes and the fight scenes still look bad.

the bomb format does nothing to production speed CN simply keeps a long ass backlog for a rainy day (though I think that by the time the current hiatus started the backlog was standard or smaller than normal, given the normal between season production hiatus)

most of the good SU fights tend to be in Joe/Colin and Jeff boarded episodes, and the few good fights from other boarders (Steven vs Amethyst, Smoky Quartz vs Jasper) were animated at SMIP (who also animate nearly every Joe/Colin and Jeff episode) as opposed to Rough Draft Korea

Why doesn't CN outsource all fight scenes to SMIP? Too expensive?

Back on topic of the thread, what episode are you looking foward to the most? Personally I'm dying to see the episode with the evil-looking Captain Atomic (the makers described it as Batman vs. Superman for some reason).

Both studios get an equal amount of episodes (the various ben 10s, generator rex, and the new ppg are/were exclusively animated at SMIP)

Atomic Bump

Thought this show would be another Shezow but with puppets. Glad that feeling was wrong.

Anybody got a pic/GIF/Webm of that cute redhead rookie cop? Seeing her one more time would probably give me the final push to actually check out this show.

Requesting Joey, in his underwear and with his back facing the viewer, doing a little dance.

I'm looking for episodes that introduce new villains, in the promo video it showed some nice designs.

charlatan.ca/2016/09/atomic-puppets-canadian-premiere/?utm_content=buffer4fc58&utm_medium=social&utm_source=twitter.com&utm_campaign=buffer

Where did you hear it was like Batman vs Superman? link?