Jack Kirby's Fourth World Part 1

I promised a guy I would post some Fourth World stuff so here we go. I might not get through all of it but I'll try to do some for now. I've never storytimed before so this might take a while.

Starting with Jimmy Olsen #133: The Newsboy Legion.

By the way tell me if you want me to stop. Also I haven't read most of this before.

>I've never storytimed before so this might take a while.
I remember my first storytime.
Thanks senpai.

You're welcome. As long as it gets people happy. I'm also reading along so I'm trying to read it quickly.

"We're called The Outsiders!"

That last trick was pretty crazy. I wonder if he's done that again in recent years. I might use it for one of my stories.

Fourth World is usually popular here so you should get few bumps.

For some reason the file didn't go?

Superman lost plenty of his powers over the years. Remember super-knitting and super-ventriloquism?

Looks like something happened to the first panel. I don't know what that's supposed to say.

"It's for real, brother!"

Yeah that's too bad. They should bring back some of the less overpowered ones. How is super-knitting going to hurt stories?

I have no idea. Super-knitting is just regular super-speed, anyway.

Yeah and super-ventriloquism is just using his vocal chords in a different way. Every part of his body should be stronger, right?

Yeah. He also had super-telepathy, super-shapeshifting and super-mathematics.
He sucked at super-mathematics.

Bump. If you actually plan on storytiming all of the 4th World saga these are gonna be some good days on Cred Forums.

There's a really large amount of stuff though. I don't know if I'll have the stamina. I'll get through it eventually, but maybe not all in one day. I think I'm going to take a 15-20 minute break after I finish this issue since I haven't eaten yet.

never stop user

Just two more pages for this issue. "Jimmy Olsen's Pen Pals."

Is there a hotkey for removing images or something? This is the second time it's happened.

I think I'm going to take my break after the second issue.

>storytiming with the cooldown set at 60 seconds

How can you fucking stand that? They need to fix this faggotry immediately.

Jimmy Olsen #134 The Mountain of Judgment.

I haven't read it so it gives me time to actually read what I'm posting. It's actually pretty tough to do for me.

You can let them know there's an issue over here:

Oh I'm sorry you misunderstood. It's tough for me to read each page in 60 seconds, haha. I'm okay with this but I can see how it would be annoying someone who has already read what they're posting.

Is that last page referenced in BvS? I doubt it, but it reminded me of it.

>captcha contains ding

Coincidence?

Whoa this page is REALLY cool.

The catpcha changed to the weird black and white thing that was unsolvable, so it took a while for this one.

Worst is when it's pictures. Or when
>click on rivers
>no rivers
happens.
One groovy splash page.

Yeah I switched to the pictures. I might switch back after a while to see if the captcha is fixed.

As that guy you promised to do this for THANK YOU.

Yeah sorry I forgot. I got home, fell asleep then when I woke up I said "wasn't there something I was supposed to do? Oh well."

IT'S HAPPENING!

Jimmy Olsen's Pen Pals. One day I'll read these.

Clark's science tape that somehow answers every question perfectly is awesome. I'm definitely going to remember that one.

Jimmy Olsen #135 The Evil Factory.

Mokkari and Simyan? I haven't heard of these guys before.

They appeared in Final Crisis.

I'll be back soon.
Makes sense that I haven't seen them. I'm still on Crisis on Infinite Earths!

I love these click bait covers. DC missed a chance to have a click bait styled variant month when they were doing their variant month.

Weren't they also in OMAC or something?

Before seeing WTF month variants, I hoped they'll be shameless clickbait.
ComicVine confirms. Leave it to DiDio to pull someone obscure.

I'd kill for superdickery covers

Sorry took a bit longer than I thought.

There he is again!

Could he be...

He is!

And that's the end of this issue.

I wonder will he throw a shield?
>tfw Liefield's ripoff character was so ripoff-y that he'd get sued moment there was single shield toss in comic

Hey these advertisements look pretty interesting.

Next is Jimmy Olsen #136 The Saga of the DNAliens.

I'm glad that they actually show Darkseid's face. In other styles, the big bad guy's face would be covered or in shadows for the "mystery."

Pic didn't post.

Just because normal mathematics can't get that answer doesn't mean super mathematics can't.

Is anyone reading this?

OP, if you are using 4chanx you can queue up all images in a folder so that all you have to do is solve captchas and the images will auto post.

I tried using 4chanX before but I think my version might be outdated or something because the captchas never showed up when I tried to post. I turned it off.

Well, I can try and help you to make your life a little easier.

DUDE SCIENCE

Whoa an ancient "not muh" in one of those letters. "Not muh Olsen! Kirby is a hack!" That's pretty funny.

Anyway, Jimmy Olsen #137. I don't see a name for this, maybe Four-Armed Terror?

I'm not sure how much longer I can post.

Hey recognize that name. You post some good stories sometimes right?

Yeah hello user

Given how many times he gets super powers it's not surprising someone wanted an army of him

That's all for now. I'll post more in a bit.

Thanks senpai.

Just bought the hardcovers.

"Now SPLIT, friend!"

It'seems like nobody knows the old lingo, ya dig effendi?

ho ho ho, green giant

mokarri and simian are some of darkseid's scientists

It happens. I left for work just after posting that request and came back 8 hours later, it was clear you hadn't started so I assumed you needed sleep and would get round to it latter.
I notice that mokarri and simiancomment on spreading chaos whereas most of the Darkseids I've seen "WILL BRING ORDER TO THE CHAOS."
If you're looking for a name my I suggest Seidstory.

whatever happened to these kids? IIRC wasnt Turpin one of these back in the 40s?

I'm afraid to ask what Kirby meant by "spook rock"

Dr. Doom has had a troubled teenage years

>HOUNDS OF HADES!

Ah, man they dont do dialogue like this anymore.

i am reading, thanks OP

>normals
REEEEEEE

can anyone edit the text box out of this somehow?

They made a Kibrycity using wood.

JACK YOU ABSOLUTE MADMAN!

huh... so this is Darkseid's first appearance.

Time to start anew.

Jimmy Olsen #138: The Big Boom!

Yep.
You're welcome.

This art is really good.

Simonson brought them back during his Orion run in 2000.

Letters are on this page on this issue for some reason. The issue isn't over yet though.

They're talking about a lot of depth in these stories which would get them labeled "tryhards" or "2deep4u" if they would talk about it today. Too bad about that.

Darkseid is so kind. Many other guys would have just let him get blown up.

cool

That's all for this issue. Don't let these aggravating words be the last, friends!

Never ever.

Jimmy Olsen #139: The Guardian Fights Again!

Looks a lot brighter than normal. I hope it's intentional since I've always thought that the Guardian was cool so the brightness might be a way to show that hope has returned.

Guardian's face on the second panel sure doesn't seem excited and grateful. Maybe the problem in his brain is autism.

Hehe.

Bump

Another issue finished.

Jimmy Olsen #140 seems to be unrelated, since #141 picks up where this story left off.

Jimmy Olson #141.

Some weird connection issues.

Why did that post get deleted?

I deleted it

I thought it was funny.

What was it?

This page worries me. Am I posting this out of order? I just did it the way the download came: Jimmy Olsen, New Gods, Forever People, Mister Miracle. Is there a timeline for this?

Oh man this page is amazing!

This page was good too.

This issue is done but contains a classic Kirby story in it. Should I post that too?

Sure

Here come dat rookie.

Thanks

Sure no problem.

This

I'm done for the day. I'll post some more tomorrow. I also need to find a Fourth World timeline to make sure that I'm posting these in order.

Thank you

a goddamn roadrunner gag, jimmy olson keeps finding ways to surprise me

RIP in peace thread

Wait, Jimmy's older than 21? Could have fooled me.

All-New, All-Different DC!

There's an art to knitting. Much more is required.

Might be too busy tomorrow. If I can't post any tomorrow then I'll resume next week.

No Problem

Gregory Kent from California is a bit of a reactionary ass.

That random Don Rickles reference.

The inks on this page are outtasigght!

Yeah these letters really show how not much has changed in terms of fans. No wonder Rebirth is doing so well.

bump

This

Does anyone have that Fourth World timeline pic?

You are doing king's work son. Pumped to read it again.

I'll be back next week for part 2. I just need to make sure that they aren't being posted out of order.

>It has been some years since I was a regular reader of Superman. Although I have moved on to more sophisticated literature,

LOL

Why would Superman and Jimmy be okay with being cloned?

bump

Always surprise me that the most ambitious work of the king starts in the Jimmy Olsen book.

In the present day, i think there is not actual equivalent to this. The only things that come close are Morrison's 7SoV or 52.

Whoa nice thread. I wouldn't have noticed it. Thanks.

Would have thought that there would be more posters considering how many people claim to like Jack Kirby and his Fourth World stuff.

Was torn between buying Newsboy Legion or Sandman Omni on sale a few weeks back.

Went with the latter, but will be getting former soon...

When people say they like Fourth World stuff, they mean the issues with the New Gods and Mister Miracle, occasionally Forever People, but not Newsboy Legion. Finding fans of Newsboy Legion is like finding a well-fed Ugandan child.

Yeah that's fair. Maybe next time then when we get to actual new gods stuff.

That said, Newsboy Legion was actually pretty cool. Seeing the Guardian was quite a surprise.

Bump

>the episode of Arthur where the comics guy namedrops Jack Kirby

you

Thanks

If this stays up for 2 more hours I might just post Jimmy Olsen #140. It's unrelated to Kirby though.