Why are there female transformer?

Transformers don't reproduce sexually but you have these females who are generally smaller and less threatening(at least the autobot ones)
You could argue its for scouting and stealth but they're are already bots and minicons that do that. Is it a fan service thing?

Flamewar is best bot

Other urls found in this thread:

pixiv.net/member.php?id=236546
womenwriteaboutcomics.com/2015/02/26/james-roberts-on-idws-transformers-more-that-meets-the-eye/
tfwiki.net/wiki/Nautica#Notes
tfwiki.net/wiki/Ask_Vector_Prime
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

It's because I like girls.

> Is it a fan service thing?
Yes

For an in universe explanation, you could just say that since they're transforming robots they can look however the fuck they want, and some robots want great stonking tits and fine asses. Who are you to judge?

I'm pretty sure Transformers have some form of gender, right? Someone made a stink when there was a gay robot couple.

Fuck off, Furman.

Why are there male transformers?.....
They are fucking robots, they should all be gender less.

Usualy its just because reasons

In idw its cause the primes liked to play god

In g1 icause the quints qanted danceres and child care robits to sell

It's fan service. Especially if it's from Sakamoto.

>Smaller and less threatening autobot females

Strongarm would like a word with you.

Someone made a stink when Arcee was turned into a traumatized killing crazed tranny.

You can't please everyone.

Why are there female gems?.....
They are fucking rocks, they should all be gender less.

They are genderless, they just happen to look female so they take female pronouns.

Either way it doesn't really matter.

>They are genderless, they just happen to look female so they take female pronouns.

Oh hey, same with Transformers. Now if only we could get one of them pregnant like a certain female looking gem.

>getting Optimus Prime pregnant

Im here for this.

Eugenisis, senpai.

>Soundwave writhing in pain and giving birth to a horrible freak of nature.
>Proceeds to shoot it.

Ah. Fun times.

Youre making me want to read it.

IIRC in IDW G1 they explained that Transformers have no natural gender, but Arcee was turned into a female as some sort of crazy experiment.

Who's the father?

Jihaxus was doctor wierd in robot form

>Soundwave
Dude already births and unbirths his little minions all the goddamned time, ain't even a thing.

Do it. It also shows how Roberts would of written a suicidal Prowl when the pressure became too much for him.

I'll give you a hint.
>The Decepticons stared at the newborn, aghast at its deformities. It wasn’t like other Transformers. Instead of legs and arms and shoulders, it had an ovoid bodyshell, biomechanical tentacles, and five dark, frowning faces.

Shut up Shockwave.

>Optimus gets cucked by Quints

>Why are there female transformer?

Depending on which continuity you look at, there have always been female transformers. I believe in G1 they exist because the Quintessons made them that way. In others, several of the original Primes created by Primus were female and that trickled down. In others females exist because as Robots In Disguise, having females helped Cybertronians hide in other cultures more effectively.

And then you have the old comics, wherein Arcee was built by the autobots to appease feminists.

Also, fuck you. Slipstream is best fembot.

>Slipstream is best fembot.
It's unfortunate how little used she is in TF fiction though. I'm shocked she hasn't been written into IDW yet.

because the Quintessons made them that way

That isn't even how OUR robots work, you tumblrina

Humans have genders. Our fiction is made by us.

Give it time. Need Lyzack to show up as well since her older brother has recently appeared in the comic.

What!?

There arent male robots tjey just use male pronouns as the default since they are masculine

>There arent male robots tjey just use male pronouns as the default since they are masculine

that is literally false. They also have heterosexual relationships.

They also have gay bots but none of them have sex.

Because Flamewar's artist is Japanese and Japan loves robo-titties

In that continuity

In the comics its a diffrent story

Are there any other female transformers with such great honkers

yeah because the comics are written by a Bendis-tier psychopath

Thunderblast

Wait, really? I haven't read much of the comics, but that was the one thing that I thought was fucking awesome.

Who is the artist and where do I get more of his work?

Hayato Sakamoto

He likes to play both sides.

I think im turning robosexual

pixiv.net/member.php?id=236546

Megaempress is best dominator.

It was, but certain people get upset when trannies are portrayed in even a slightly negative light.

Because only straight CIS males are allowed to be insane.

>esdeath as a giant robot

Muh dick

>but that was the one thing that I thought was fucking awesome.

kys

>Arcee was turned into a traumatized killing crazed tranny

So just a tranny?

most trannies kill themselves, not other people.

So when will we see the next logical step, like transformer lolis?

I dont mean like Kissplayers with human girls, but robot little girls

He loves little buttered boy anuses as well.

What is Sari?

Also, Strong Arm does things to me.

When Japan feels like it.

Strongarm is just a boy voiced by a girl

Sari, nickle, a-1, tailgate

A bit unrelated to the topic, but why does a childrens cartoon and toy line have such a convoluted timeline and lore?

And why do people give a shit?

Because its hot.

>tailgate
But that's shota.
>but why does a childrens cartoon and toy line have such a convoluted timeline and lore?
Because a lot of its fans are older now and still enjoy the series. The kids get to grow up with newer stuff like RID and Rescue bots.
There's also different continuities and some are more convoluted than others.

It only has that if you go by the Japanese G1 continuity.

As with anything Transformers, it always comes down to "it depends on the continuity". That being said, most alternate realities in the Transformers multiverse have Transformers with gender. Some don't, but most do.

Transformers have gender because they're mentally sapient beings. They have personalities, feelings, ideas, identities, mental illnesses, relationships, quirks, the whole shebang. Why would gender be excluded?

It's important to know that gender is not in a 1:1 relationship with sex, in the real world there are genders (or lack of!) that do not match up with physical sex. This has been going on for forever in human history. If genders can socially evolve in real life species, fictional living robots doing the same should be just as possible.

As for physical characteristics, that comes down to simple stereotypical representation for ease of identification. In the IDW comics, the original plan was to have Chromia and Nautica have similar bodyshapes to rest of the cast, so their gender would be a surprise reveal. That idea was vetoes by the higher ups, who wanted it be obvious from the get-go that they were including more female characters. Just like real life, there are individuals who do not conform to the common, good examples being the male Prime Starscream and the female Beast Machines Strika.

>the original plan was to have Chromia and Nautica have similar bodyshapes to rest of the cast, so their gender would be a surprise reveal.

Source?

womenwriteaboutcomics.com/2015/02/26/james-roberts-on-idws-transformers-more-that-meets-the-eye/

Thanks

>video
.... I miss the days of having damn transcripts.

10 minute mark

>On only two occasions in Generation 1 do we get a hint of male and female Transformer romance leading to the formation of family units and the creation of offspring. The first is subtle: Wheelie's backstory in some versions mentions his crashing on Quintessa with his parents. The second is more explicit: At the end of the Japanese Victory manga, we find out that Deathsaurus and his forces have been fighting all this time for the sake of their/the families living on top of the Planet-Destroying Fortress, among which are Dinoforce's children. Awww.

>Apart from this, the best case for sexual reproduction in the species could probably be made from Beast Wars, where Rattrap makes numerous off-color remarks throughout the series, especially directed at Silverbolt and Blackarachnia. These comments strongly hint at something sex-like among Transformers, though it could, of course, be merely recreational rather than reproductive.

>The 2007 motion picture once again brings up questions about the possibility of a less-than-mechanical form of reproduction. The first and most obvious of these implications comes from Ratchet's less-than-tactful observation of "the boy want[ing] to mate with the female." Although his grasp of the concept could stem merely from a familiarity with organic species in general, Optimus Prime's mention of Megatron killing their father, in some related material, does suggest Transformers have some understanding of family units. In the fourth issue of Revenge of the Fallen, Rampage refers to Sam's parents as his "protoform batch initiators." Make that of what you will.

Double thanks. It's rare to see an user with viable source available.

There's a whooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooole website dedicated to that.

tfwiki.net/wiki/Nautica#Notes

Stuff like this, yes. Most of the time I see people fling social comments from writers like it's fact without it being in the wiki.

IDW Arcee isn't the only trans Arcee!

>Multiple different writers
>Multiple outcomes
>Trying to fit it all in one

You know shit like this never works.

Who/what are you talking about? Was this a response to something? Did you accidentally post in this thread instead of another?

Which Arcee is this suppose to be?

The Arcee described in that blurb.

Y'know, every time someone makes this thread, I can't shake the feeling that they already know the various answers, and are just trying to bait people into posting pics of female transformers.

You know you can just ask, right?

G1, IDW, Japan all have different ways of explaining gender/no gender. Asking why the whole shebang isn't under one umbrella and trying to make it work, doesn't.

I love the TF multiverse.

That Arcee, and her universe, were created to tell the story of how that Arcee transitioned.

Ah. Kreo Megatron in lingerie is canon and he's out there somewhere.

You know what perhaps my favorite piece of Transformers lore is?

CNA.

Yes, this is really a thing. Cybertronians have their own genetic material. Because SCIENCE!!!

... So is this suppose to be a canon thing or someone just writing things for fun?

They had CNA as far back as the old 80s comics. It's nice how they would bring it back up.

It's literally both. A fan works for Hasbro and makes whatever he wants to canon through AVP.

People can have fun while writing officially licensed material.

tfwiki.net/wiki/Ask_Vector_Prime

Anyway, minor Transformers universes pop up all the time.

>Protoforms
I think this is a first for going more deeper detail with the lore.

It's based on the "Ask Vector Prime" Facebook page. It's technically an official page, and so there's a segment of the fandom that treats it like it is unquestionably canonical (especially the TFWiki which eats up obscure nonsense like that), but I doubt that any of the higher ups at Hasbro who actually call the shots give a crap about it. It's beneath their notice, and while they're fine with it being there, they probably wouldn't have the slightest qualm about negating every word of AVP if they felt like it.

What, protoforms? Those have been a thing for 20 years.

Still are apparently see

I'm talking about going into detail about it's process.

Well, that only counts for IDW protoforms. Other universe's protoforms scan their alt mode from an outside source.

But where did those mannequin-like protoforms come from?

Depends on the continuity. Sometimes mined, sometimes grown, sometimes spit out by artifacts.

i dont give a shit about transformers but i sure do love me some fembots