How would you fix Zemo and his convoluted plot /co?

How would you fix Zemo and his convoluted plot /co?
I would give him his mask. He's special forces after all, why couldn't he have some purple balaclava?

If you think that's all it takes to fix him then your problems with the character are superficial as shit in the first place

He is special forces, why the fuck WOULD he have some purple balaclava?

Zemos plot was mostly convoluted for PLOT reasons, so they could pull the twist at the end. I liked the concept of the everyman (almost) taking down the avengers, and the fact the he didn't get to pull of them suicide, but as a character he's not much more than a empty face trying bring down the avengers.

>maybe that's the point oh so deep

>not using a purple ski mask on the Siberia scene

>We will have Thunderbolts before Master of Evil
Why Marvel is retarded?

>convoluted plot

There was nothing convoluted about his plot.

We have Green Berets why not purple balaclava,
it'd be crazy if it were straight purple, but would maroon be too much to ask for

All this being said I liked this Zemo, the only villain marvel's had that wasn't complete shit since hugo weaving left, also, I'm a DCuck and don't really know shit about Zemo, only ever read F4 and X-men when it came to marvel's cape comics

>convoluted plot
Compared to other cape movie villain plots, this one wasn't convoluted at all.

>I'm a DCuck and don't really know shit about Zemo, only ever read F4 and X-men when it came to marvel's cape comics
Captain America #168
Avengers 270-277 (Under Siege storyline)
Thunderbolts Vol. 1
Zemo: Born Better

>convoluted plot
What?

No, I have a lot of problems with him, but those problems require a lot more than giving him a look that's closer to comics.
>His plan luckily happens to work out perfectly
>He goes all the way to Siberia just to, essentially, get a video.
>He hates the Avengers because his family died, but kills a whole lot of innocent people
Is that superficial?

Zemo turned into a villain because his dad died fighting the Avengers and he blames them for it in the comics too.

Something like picrelated?
>He hates the Avengers because his family died, but kills a whole lot of innocent people
Add to this that he is part of a kill squad.

I thought Zemo hated his father?

Special forces in some post-Soviet countries wear balaclavas. You could also give him the mask when he's executing parts of his plan, so maybe people think that there are two villains and in the end it turns out to be all Zemo.

MORE SCREENTIME

Bruhl is a great actor and I feel like they could have had the a really memorable villain if he had at least 5-10 minutes more time.
You get to his dialogue with cap and you think you're in for a powerful exchange, but it feels cut short.

That's too bad, since that could have been a signature scene.

This guy gets it

Yeah, just dark purple. He's in Siberia too, he could've worn a mask there as a nod to comics Zemo.

Because they want the Suicide Squad merch money.

In the movie he hates them because his dad, wife and son died in Sokovia.

While I certainly liked Zemo more than other MCU villains, if you think about it his plan was convoluted as hell.
It relied on the whole Socovian Accords thing to take off on its own. Before the film came out people theorized that Zemo was secretly the driving force behind it, but turns out he just got lucky.
Then it relied on:
>Hoping that he's the only guy to crack the HYDRA code that's on the fucking internet
>Him blowing up the UN meeting and being good at makeup to impersonate Bucky
>Hoping that Bucky doesn't get killed accidentally or get away with Cap
>Impersonating the UN-hired psychologist
>Making and sending off an EMP bomb
>Hoping that there won't be guards in the room with Bucky
>Hoping that that whole facility doesn't have a backup
Though you could argue that he had plans of the facility where Bucky was supposed to be held and protocol of his evaluation
>Hoping that Bucky's commands will work despite his crappy Russian
>Hoping that whatever happened in 1991 is good enough to destroy the Avengers for good
That's a big point, because he needed that meeting with Bucky just to ask him what happened in 1991. Either he already knew that Bucky killed Starks, but then what's the whole plan for, or hoped that it would be something good and juicy.
And finally, he deliberately called the German hotel so his killing of the UN psychologist would get uncovered. That means he was:
>Hoping that Stark, Bucky and Cap would make it to Siberia together to watch a damn video (for some reason there was a camera in the middle of nowhere and HYDRA kept it)
>Hoping that Stark would go ballistic at the guy that wasn't in control of his actions
Again, I liked Zemo and the fact that he didn't try to kill the Avengers by himself, but his plan to do that is extremely convoluted and relied on him getting lucky the whole time. Either they should've come up with a better plan or show how he put everything together and manipulated the events.

Zemo's plan didn't relly on the Accords at all, man.

It kinda did. Bucky was handled by the UN task-force and Cap's team got sent to prison, because of the accords. Though now that I think about it Accords didn't do much for the overall plot.

The plan is kind of a hail Mary long shot I'll grant you but it's not as complicated as it seems it's just that shit keeps getting in his way. All Zemo wants to do is find the Hydra's Russian base and dig up what ever dirty he can find on Bucky. Everything else that happens, the assassination, framing Bucky, using the book on him, were just Zemo find ways to work around obstacles that crop up not really a plan at all

because they are called the Masters of Evil.

It's not like shit gets in Zemo's way, things go exactly as planned which seems like pure luck. After he talked to Bucky he knew what he did to Starks, why couldn't he make a recording of Bucky's mission report and send it to Stark, instead of going for the video in Siberia? Imagine if in the helicopter Tony sees Bucky's confession, but we don't know that until he comes to Siberia and goes off on him.
I guess killing soviet super-soldiers was part of Zemo's goal too, which was kind of a cool twist.

>after escaping, he founds the Thunderbolts by gathering reformed supervillains to be the superheroes he thought the Avengers failed to be

Done.

I could see Ross making him the leader of Thunderbolts, seeing how resourceful he is.

>convoluted
Literally all he wanted to do was get Tony to see that Bucky murdered his parents to split up the Avengers because Steve would obviously defend him.

The accords were incidental and unrelated to his plan.

How does most of the Laotion tumblr not get this?

>Laotion

what

But that's negible to Zemo's plan.