Stephen Colbert has come to put the record straight on Pepe:

Stephen Colbert has come to put the record straight on Pepe:
youtube.com/watch?v=Nfp1aPlgV9s

start at 2:25.

It's Cred Forums related.

Nobody in the thread is going to discuss Boy's Club and you know it. Stop using the comic as a shield to make threads for political-shitflinging.

And? Doesn't change the fact that it's still Cred Forums related.

Also, it's not about politic shifling, it's more about idiot trying to convince the mass pepe is an hate symbol now.

Where can I find some Boy's Club torrents?

I tried to read this comics once.

I didn't like it.

Anonymous made it that way, just like we ruin everything else.

Yeah, we get it, Cred Forumsedditors are hysterical about this shitty meme being misinterpreted by mass media

He just says the history of the Pepe frog, between making fun of Trump and saying penis jokes.

It's nothing to be enraged about. You Cred Forumstards are triggered very easily.

>It's nothing to be enraged about.
Exactly. instead of following the new claim that pepe is now an hate symbol, he actually make fun of the attempt to do so and calm people's tits down. it's actually a good thing.

It's not even a misinterpretation. Most of the stories about it in the news make a note that the original comic was innocent enough, even most of the original meme.

The fact that it's being used by white supremacists, and being used by Trump Jr. and other sources within the campaign as a message to said white supremacist supporters, is Cred Forums's fault, as usual.

A shitload of memes have been used by Cred Forums and turned into white supremacist memes. If anything, it's used mostly as a Donald Trump meme which is probably why it's getting reported as a "white supremacist meme".

Pepe isn't the white supremacist meme Cred Forums uses.

>No mention of Pepe feeling good man

Feels bad man.

Yeah, well, when a presidential candidate, the nominee of one of the two parties, makes direct reference to said memes, and they start showing up in the news?

The public needs to be told what's up with them. Again, blame Cred Forums for basically turning themselves into the current republican party's rabid lapdogs and drawing attention to things like Pepe.

I'm just waiting for Mac to show up in the news, this next month or so. It'll be an even bigger story, given normal people actually sort of remember the original, unlike Pepe.

My issue is more that I think the media is willfully misrepresenting it to make it out to be only a White National symbol, when really it's something that everyone uses online nowadays, and that White Nationals are also online.

I believe that it is not reasonable to declare it a hate sbol, anymore than saying pictures in general are hateful because people have made hateful pictures.

>white supremacist memes
Memes do not have an identity, is a global thing, nobody decides what a meme can become.

Well yeah, but there are a few that are mostly about white supremacist subjects like Moon Man, Ben Garrison, and anything Jew related. Pepe certainly isn't.

>current republican party's lapdogs

The alt-right supporters of Trump fucking hate the GOP leadership, you realize. There's a civil war going on in the party right now between conservative NeverTrumpers, party establishment leaders who are giving tacit support just to try and maintain the status quo, and people who are wholeheartedly in behind the candidate and will savage anyone who still voices reservations about him.

This is actually the most reasonable explanation of it I've seen.

Matt Furie at least seems to be rolling with it. I hope shit turns out well for him. What a nightmare

He won't if only for the fact McDonald's is connected and they have multi billion dollar pull.

What a fantastic way to celebrate Cred Forums's 13th birthday! Cred Forums has straight up ruined this site. You'd have to be delusional to think it hasn't.

assuming trump doesn't win and usher us into a nuclear winter it's fucking great how he has totally destroyed the GOP

Neither is moonman, you funnyjunk-using piece of shit.

Cred Forums and ironic shitposting.

And yet they're attached to the current Republican party's candidate, very much an official figure. Hate the people filling other positions all you like (and I'm aware of the alt-right's hatred for the not-racist-enough leadership), that doesn't divorce them from being the dingleberries on a presidential nominee's ass, and thus part of The News that's fit to print.

Moon Man has been old since YTMND days

Pretty much. This is there last chance at winning a presidential election, if the demographics have anything to say about it.

We used to mock reddit for driving memes into the ground then fucking their corpses. Now half our anons' post nothing but 'dank memes' that make that shit look fresh and original.

Pepe is a symptom, not a cure.

You can't be serious m8 CTRL+S something you've selected

There is no cure.

>getting spoilers this wrong

Cred Forums is doing us a service by acting as a containment board. Without it, political shit would be everywhere and threads would constantly get derailed.

Cred Forums may be shit, but it typically keeps all the shit in one concentrated board.

If Cred Forums is a containment board then it does a piss-poor job.

>sad, enraged, smug... And those are the only emotions allowed on the internet
I'll be honest, I chuckled

wew lad

The ADL designation is weird, and even it says that most of the time it doesn't mean anything. I imagine it now being more used as a hate symbol because of the designation than just "smugfrog".

Having been here for 11 years now, things were better before Cred Forums

It's not doing it's job well-enough.

It isn't the board's fault, though, it's the mods who would rather delete whole threads instead of banning the users who break the "Cred Forums should stay in Cred Forums" rule.

Yeah my point was that at times like this you need to make a distinction between the candidate and EVERYONE who falls under the tent of "republican". Same as people who are Dems who can't stand Hillary and were pulling for Bernie before he got shafted.

I unironically really enjoy this comic.
Even though I'm too much of a pussy to smoke weed.

Then comes the civil war

Other way around, genius

There is no such thing as a containment board, its just an incubator.

Cred Forums has saved Cred Forums because it's kept the actual Cred Forums spirit alive in spite of autistic liberals chanting "b-but we were a liberal website!" and trying to pretend Cred Forums never got up to hijinks

Stay mad or go to reddit, faggots

Most of Cred Forums sees Cred Forums the same way.

If Cred Forums didn't exist then Cred Forums would be the same thing because the massive rightwards shift of Cred Forums is inevitable because it is a website which is 80% male and 80% white. If the left wanted to remain in Cred Forums's good graces the left shouldn't have spent the last 8 years antagonizing those demographic groups.

The difference is that Cred Forums actually has helped make Cred Forums worse

Spoken like a true newfag.

>antagonizing
Are you serious? What the fuck did the left ACTUALLY do other than simply exist? Maybe Cred Forums has a case with video game's journalism incessant narrative of "wow the white gamer stereotype is dead woohoo" on kotaku but nobody took them seriously anyway.

I do think that you're right about what you say in the first part of your post.

Retard.

No thats Cred Forums. Cred Forums got bad but only because of tv and their le epin reddit may mays

>black civilian attacks white cop
>white cop shoots
>left protests that whites are evil for accepting this

But what about the cases where police brutality was shown? Like with Eric Garner or that Alfred Olango guy

What if 9/11 was bad?

>Cred Forums actually getting mad at Pepes 'rep' being besmirched by shitposters
>not appreciating the hilarity of the MSM thinking an Amphibian Fourth Reich is rising on the internet

This is why we are considered the tumblr board.

>Pepe is considered Political now