Why did the Teen Titans cartoon decide to not have Wally in it?

Why did the Teen Titans cartoon decide to not have Wally in it?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/Kuk8WvVDVe4
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

Needed a black kid

probably because they didn't want the show to be Justice League juniors. They didn't include Wonder Girl either.

At least he showed up, Donna Troi, founding member of both the OG Teen Titans and New Teen Titans, didn't get shit

He was too powerful

She appeared in the spin-off comics for the show.

that hardly negates the point that she got shafted hard. Kid Flash even got a stand alone episode dedicated to him.

At that time, Wally was in JL cartoons.

Cause Wally never really mattered in NTT.

Probably couldn't use Wally due to the JL cartoon.
DC is weird like that.

He was in the cartoon for a little bit.

>DC is weird like that.

WB was weird like that. Before WB formed the DC Entertainment in 2009, DC's comics division had no say in adaptations.

At the time Wally was Flash in the Justice League, it didn't make sense for him to be in two different shows and teams. Would've confused the children.

Better question is why no Donna Troy?

Backstory too complex.

Can't remeber the cartoon really going into any detail in regards to back story other than Raven. They didn't do it with Robin because they wouldn't confirm if it was Dick, or Tim

Wally was very important in the first major NTT arc.

It's kind of bullshit that Donna wasn't in it tho.

They avoided the big names. Maybe they thought it would be impossible to introduce Donna without at least mentioning Diana.

it got backstory heavy on everyone but robin specifically because we all know robin. the last season was pretty much beast boy's backstory.
cyclops has had a few episodes were his accident is referenced. we got some stuff about starfire through black fire and the other outer space episodes.

That's nonsense since he did make cameos as clearly Wally West in Teen Titans.

>They didn't do it with Robin because they wouldn't confirm if it was Dick, or Tim
They did that in the future episode that had him as Nightwing.

>cyclops

The other Robins didn't really have their own superhero identities that they do today, so Nightwing was all they had to work with.

But yeah, but the third or fourth season, they'd added so much Dick Grayson to him that they stopped pretending he was anyone else.

The reason Donna Troy never appeared in team Titans was because of a legal situation surrounding Wonder Woman and her supporting characters. She, and other characters related to WW, were not allowed to appear in other forms of media, besides comics, that they were not already in. This is why when static shock made a cross over with JL they did not show Wonder Woman. But Donna did make a very small cameo in teen titans when they freed the other supers from brainiac's control.

Please elaborate more. I always think the rights of WW are DC alone.

Pretty much.

This also affected Young Justice for a bit. Donna Troy, as Troia, was slated to be a main member, but they could only use Wonder Woman, and only then as a cameo. When they got full WW rights, they skipped to the next generation, where Cassie Sandsmark would've been, so they used her instead. They wanted to have Donna cameo, but they didn't have time to make her design just for quick cameos.

I think ultimately it was Johns who greased the wheel to get the lawyers to figure it out. WW being on BATB was credited to him in interviews at least.

there was a stipulation in place regarding Wonder Woman placed there by her creators which stated that WW (or knockoff characters such as Wonder Girl) couldn't be used in a DC show unless they're the star or one of the stars. This is why we got no WW in "The Call" (Batman Beyond) or "A League of Their Own" (Static Shock) and no Wonder Girl on Teen Titans.

However, such legal red tape has apparently since been cut through since then, so we will be getting a Wonder Woman appearance in The Brave and the Bold, and Wonder Girl is said to be making an appearance on Young Justice some time during season 2. (Wonder Girl isn't on the core team because at the time of the show's pre-production, they weren't able to use her.)

but user

Oh thank you user. I never know anything about this.

Why did a Young Justice cartoon decide to focus on Wally West and Dick Grayson?

Someone's pissed he missed his hat.

Because it wasn't a Young Justice cartoon. They were basically forced to use the name since Teen Titans was taken.

They did have some YJ elements like the hideout, Red Tornado as the den mother, Impulse, Super-Cycle, an episode of Harm and Secret, and even PAD writing some episodes. But the show was more of a mash of several teen hero groups.

>Wasn't a regular character
>Got together with the objectively best girl
I'd say it was a fair trade.

>so we will be getting a Wonder Woman appearance in The Brave and the Bold, and Wonder Girl is said to be making an appearance on Young Justice some time during season 2. (Wonder Girl isn't on the core team because at the time of the show's pre-production, they weren't able to use her.)

OH MY GOD I TRAVELED BACK IN TIME

Yeah cyclops
The black machine dude

You stupid moron. That's not his name. It's megaman.

So they gutted the Young Justice of some of the most original concepts making it impossible for a real Young Justice cartoon to be made down the line so that Weisman could have his fanfic made

Did you actually read the post or are you retarded?

>so that Weisman could have his fanfic made

Every since adaptation is, in essence, a "fanfic".

So yes, you're retarded.

This.

Flash in Justice League wasn't Wally West. He wasn't anybody, he was just Flash.

Except he's called Wally multiple times by his peers

plus, you know
youtu.be/Kuk8WvVDVe4

That's weird, I remember forever that people were trying to figure out Flash's identity, and thought the forensic scientist scene made him Barry. I guess nobody paid attention to the first two seasons.

Could be that they just merged the characters?

They merged quite a lot in the show, so probably.

Literally everyone I have ever talked to who watched the show knew it was Wally, dude. They call him Wally almost as much as they call Batman Bruce.

So, the reason that Wally's in the show is he had been The Flash for years prior to and during the show. But in the comics Wally's identity was public and he was literally paid by the city to keep it safe so he didn't need a job secret identities entail.

In this show they obviously wanted him to have a secret identity to more fit with the narrative (the above scene/story specifically). If, in the late 90s/early 00s you had to give Wally a secret identity and job, doesn't it make sense that Wally would've followed in Barry's footsteps again?

The whole dumb mechanic thing was a Johns' conceit that the show predated.

That's not Starfire

JL was a childhood cartoon and I would watch it on Vortex (2 years ago?). I even watched that scene and I still thought he was Barry afterwords.

>It's kind of bullshit that Donna wasn't in it tho.
she made a cameo in the background of the last season

Fucking pleb its Blue Steel.

there should been a lot more of both of them
one episode for wally wasn't enough

I think OP's asking why he wasn't part of the main team in the first place

Donna Troy is a goddess.