This is a very important thread

This is a very important thread.

I'd fuck the girl.

What if she has a dick?

Where is this from?

It looks and sounds like one of those obnoxious Frederator shorts with better production values. Still, too bad it wasn't picked up, Jhonen sounds really bitter about it, and I really would've liked to see him work on a new show. Hope they release the entire pilot soon.

why are you shilling this dead show so hard

What does that even mean?

Still one hole left.

That finished the pilot, but the pilot didn't get picked up. Despite this, whoever they sold the pilot to now holds on to the rights to the show, so they can never work on the show again unless they pay a fuckton to own the rights to their own creation back.

If anything, while unlikely, Jjonen's might bring more attention to one of the more bullshit parts of the industry. How companies can basically sit on IPs forever, because even if you never use it yourself, at least it stops the rivals picking it up instead. Kind of like how Nick fucked up by letting Adventure Time run to Cartoon Network instead.

Probably will at least let newcomers tread more cautiously with their pitches.

>okay guys, we're going to design a character now
>color theory? what the fuck is color theory?
>just make it red and dark navy and mint and shit brown
>make sure the nose is an entirely different color too, this is important
>oh and every single angle must be rounded, pointy ends are patriarchal

Don't forget the obligatory forehead band-aid "referencing" anime even though you find it and the people who watch it abhorrent.

Can someone tell me the name of this!

Very Important House

>non-white characters are bad because "color theory"

Do you even know what color theory is, user? How the fuck does it contradict it?

You can only use palettes that were used in Ren & Stimpy because reasons.

At this point I'm planning on trying to get my own company going or not doing animation at all. My characters are my babies and I don't want them being raped by corporate hacks.

That's aint no girl

See, I was considering starting up my own animation studio because as long as you show you can create content, you can get any asshole job with the right phonecalls and publicity. Making an actual company to compete with the corporate giants would take a lot of man-power and green, and even if you were successful, once you stop being in power there's nothing to prevent it from getting the same corporate rot any of the current animation giants have achieved.

Basically all I can say is best of luck, and if somehow we ever cross paths non-anonymously I'd be willing to support you if you showed you had the drive and commitment to keep pushing forward.

The new Adventure Time replacement. See, there's a girl and a cat instead of a boy and a dog but you can clearly see that it's no different from the rest of the show.

>every single angle must be rounded, pointy ends are patriarchal
>mfw nuPPG actually went and did this so the original contrast between the trio and the world around them is lost

It was a show Jhonen Vasquez and I believe his wife? were working on developing for DisneyXD that got canned without even finishing a proper pitch. Instead we got some pretty scenes animated which were in the process of becoming the pitch.

>mfw seeing clips from the pilot

I'm assuming this was dropped because it's an Adventure Time reskin? I mean... even the humor was eerily similar.

>Le quirky girl who is just totes CRAY-ZAAAHH
>Trying to parody Adventure Time, became it instead
>Going as far as having Magic Man and Catbug as voice actors
>Going even further by having Buttercup's new VA as lead voice

Thank God this shit didn't get picked up. JV either fucking lost it or his ZIM crew did way more than we give them credit for because his TMNT short is awful, too.

>I don't want them being raped by corporate hacks.

That interdimensional dude is voiced by Egoraptor iirc

is that really a little girl? I thought it was a boy.

You know, I was wondering

What happened to that show Nero was working on? I actually wanted to see how it would turn out.

I'm not sure if that's better or worse.

Fionna and Cake.

What was the title for the show? Any links to the pilot?

This is well animated and funny. What's the name of it?