TOP LEL

TOP LEL

Is this real?

yep. From teen titans rebirth this week

It's a tribute

I didn't know tributes could be ruled as plagiarism.

Sup greg land!

Well he did say he would sell his inventions.

So is the new teen titans any good? is Wally going to have his own personality? is beast boy going to have a character that's more than just a comic relief and be as cool as the old beast boy? something like pic related, because nu52 beast boy was just bland

Why would anyone do this and think they could get away with it?

beast boy is showing a little bit of character depth. He's aware of his need to be the center of attention at all times and acknowledged that it doesn't make him feel any less lonely

This seems more like a harmless reference or in-joke, but it's not plagiarism.

Plagiarism would be copying the angle and composition of the shot wholesale and claiming that its an original untraced work. This is a knowing wink.

That really cool. I really hate how almost everybody thinks Beast boy is some weak loser just because the teen titans show when he's actually one of the more powerful and complex titans, i just want some of old moments like when he tried to kill deathtroke

>Damian is a fan of The Indredibles.

it's an homage you fucking retard

>itt su fags calling everything a homage

homages are inspired. wheres the credit at?

Your knees must be tired

>SU wasn't even mentioned or reference
>Better get mad at SU

>su

literally what

In-page references don't generally get noted, I've only see it with, I think, Injustice referencing One Punch. What you're thinking of is when they do homage covers usually it will get signed "after (original artist)".

>itt
>only two people saying that
Hilarious, I chortled.

No I mean it would be clearly an homage if for example Damian's whole lair was laid out exactly like Syndromes. Then you'd say "oh he took some cues from that guy" and that would make the shackles pannel feel like an homage or if he had a copy of the incredibles dvd laying around in the pannel

>but it's not plagiarism
It's copying the exact same machine design, including the design of the hand shackles while also copying the background for no other real purpose.

>This is a knowing wink
I'd like to see you explain an actual example of plagiarism that couldn't just be called a knowing wink.

Hacks do homages.
True artists steal.
Also you're as bad as the barneyfag.

because they always get away with it

Damage Control

Damian IS the kind of kid who would look at Syndrome's plan and think "Well what I would have done..."

Its true that everything is derivative but Einstein said it best, hide your sources.

It shocks you Marvel and DC rip shit off?

Venom: Space Knight used 40k Tau off google for background aliens.

"Homage" is the word you're looking for.

"Immature poets imitate; mature poets steal." - T.S. Eliot

This is very clearly a homage. I mean, for fuck's sake, the order the characters are in is even the same.

Plagiarism is when you steal someone else's work because you are too lazy to come up with your own and you hope no one notices; homage is when you leave an easter egg for fans of both series to find that you HOPE people will notice. It wasn't traced directly from anything and it would have been easy to do a different design for a prison if they really wanted to.

I would say that this is was to obvious to be a rip off. This is probably a reference

We only have one issue so far so too soon to tell.

>Edgy kid without superpowers admires guy that managed to kill most superheroes through clever planning.

Except it's not Damian making the reference, it's the artist. You don't need an in-universe explanation for something easily understood by anyone without autism.

When King and Finch had that ASS homage page in their Batman run did you need Gotham to be a fan of Morrison's ASS explicitly in the page to understand it was a reference?

Anybody sending this into bleedingcool for their Swipe File feature?

How is this any different then when an artist draws like Doc Venture in the background or some shit?

You fucking dickweeds are throwing the same excuses around that the SU faggots use when people point out how much of the show actually rips off directly from anime series. Do you really want to stoop to their level?

>speedster on the far left
>weird one on the far right
>male-female-male-female

It's pretty much plagiarism.

Anyone have that image about the pancakes?

It was almost a decade ago that certain comic book artists would just trace over stills of popular screen actors rather than actually to draw the characters, something like this isn't anything new although that doesn't make it any less bad.

>It was almost a decade ago

No it's literally still happening now, but since you think an intentional reference is comparable to a trace I guess you've made it clear you don't know what you're talking about.

>su fags calling everything a homage
I don't fucking care what they call it. When you have a show that just lifts something that happens in another show wholesale, almost exactly scene for scene in some cases, there's only two things you can call it: a reference or straight ripping it the fuck off.
Having some Mario powerups sitting in the back of the public storage is a reference.
Young Greg doing the exact same shit in a video tape that Young Faye did in a video tape is straight ripping it the fuck off.

more importantly:
it's not as if the artist went in going "dammit, i have NO IDEA how to draw this scene of superheroes being captured.. fuck.. fuck fuck fuck what do I do? I just.. i have no ideas! none at all! I'll just have to steal one from a movie and hope nobody notices.."
it takes MORE work to copy something like this than it would to do your own version. it's obviously done intentionally so people can go 'ahhh i see that influence. this artist likes something i like'

THIS.

I guaran-fucking-tee the script just said "The Titans are restrained by some sort of device" and the artist decided, since he can only communicate visually, to draw it as an homage to a movie he enjoys. Really, the heroes-held-in-place-by-some-machine image is so cliched there's no original way to do at this point.

And you're a faggot for that, just as you're a faggot for this.

>hope people will notice
How could you miss it

Is Archer ripping off Fantastic Voyage for doing that plot? Is any show who uses that idea? Your example makes no sense.

>"Immature poets imitate; mature poets steal." - T.S. Eliot
You misspelled Quentin Tarintino.

>Young Greg doing the exact same shit in a video tape that Young Faye did in a video tape is straight ripping it the fuck off.
You mean making a video for your child?
I thought Faye was making that video for her future self. You know like a time capsule video.
Did I misunderstand the context of that scene in Cowboy Beebop?

Yeah, but it's doing a comedic take on it, so it's covered under parody for the purposes of legal action. I think.

You didn't, other user is just a pissy cunt with an axe to grind.

>this level of autism

Its clearly not traced, though. Its just the same design of the contraption being replicated, but its not a 1:1 trace of the movie still. Even if it was it'd have to account for the changes in proportions so drawing would have had to be done.

That's what I thought.
It just seems like such a weird thing to harp on.
I don't think Cowboy Beebop invented the idea of creating video time capsules.

>be artist
>"alright, now for this scene draw them in a sciency restrainment machine"
>what like the fucking one from incredibles?
>"just fucking do it"
>draw it
>alright here, i have this, what should i do to change it?
>"that's perfect! we'll send it to the colorists and to publishing later. the check will arrive friday."
>mfw

>This is very clearly a homage

And your evidence?

I think it really depends on if this is a one panel thing or will carry over to issue 1. If its just here it's fine, but if they're trapped in it for 5 pages next issue its lazy and stealing.

>It totally isn't the artist's fault for making such a blatant copy you guys!

>there are people in this thread thinking this is stealing. JC retards. The order is the same ffs. Speedster on the left, goth girl on the right. Could you be more retarded?

>SU not present in thread
>still gets mad about SU

Holy shit based Steven triggers Cred Forums so hard

Baneposting references in comics when?

>The cereal, the crappy friends, the word-for-word Boogie Nights parody, if you can call lazy plagiarism a parody!

And you're trying to bring it up again because?

He couldn't help himself because even though SUfags aren't as bad as everyone acts like they are they're still pretty fucking bad.

I thought it was funny.

I've seen way more people do this than SUfags doing anything

he's just being a funnyman

What the fuck is even going on with this thread? Is this really worthy of shitflinging?

>a famous asshole said it so that makes it alright

Yeah, maybe if it was a Marvel comic. Why would DC tribute Disney?

Why even go through the effort to copy the scene at all if not for a nudge and wink at Incredibles fans? There's no attempt to change the way it looks and make it seem like an original idea, and a restraining device is so basic you'd have had to have gone out of your way to look for one instead of just shitting out any other idea.

The questions what do you think the intent really was? A nudge and a wink or that something was actually gained by copying the scene?

I would rather see this in Fantastic Four..

I wanna see some of these examples. What has the show taken that was scene for scene?

Fucking this.

You are so fucking stupid Cred Forums, and its a special type of stupid:

>its like a retarded guy that tries to search for something wrong to complain and feel superior
> but once he finds it, he actually just shows that he knows nothing about the subject, or is too autistic to grasp simple things.

Its fucking obvious that it is an intentional reference, as much as you guys would like it to be the contrary.

>tfw damian will never kidnap and tie you up before forcing his body upon you
why even live

oh boy this thread again

>it's plagiarism unless I like it, then it's an homage

every single time

get a life

>people making recording of themselves in fiction is plagiarism of cowboy bebop

It's literally not plagarism

If you weren't paying particular attention to the manacles in The Incredibles or hadn't seen the movie before.

I can't believe Gumball plagiarized Toei. Akira Toriyama should sue.

>TOP LEL
get outta here with that outdated meme

It's vintage now so it's cool again

Damian watched the incredibles and then based his holding cells after it

It's a legit terrible show, and none of you should be posting about it anywhere much less on Cred Forums

ITT: People take stupid shit as seriously as possible.

Its like pottery

>I've seen way more people do this than SUfags doing anything
Yes, if you stay out of the same threads that they actively participate in then it's easy to see all the anti-SUfags spamming their shit in comparison.

So, its just a restraint system?

>don't post about cartoons on a board about cartoons

Yes you quintuple faggot

Only correct in-universe answer in the thread.