We agree this was dumb, right?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=Ft6mNPeqa6Y
youtu.be/JYEky8d8eU4?t=1m49s
youtube.com/watch?v=O_SUAtAu9DE
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

Pretorius did it better too

>We agree this was dumb, right?

Not as dumb as the original idea. Which was just the head sittin' in Batman's fridge.

Which is better than the original idea they had for the Joker.

As far as Mr. Freeze in the DCAU is concerned, everything between Sub-Zero and Meltdown was dumb. Which is a pretty short list, considering it's just this and Batman: Vengeance.

I think this may be what awoke my fetish for scanitly clad women in big comfy jackets.
That or Mortal Kombat Annihilation. Because I don't remember this but that character design has been kicking around in my head since forever.

Why did he have to cut off his head after breaking his leg?

>Which was just the head sittin' in Batman's fridge.

he has those women wearing parkas but they have nothing for their legs

goddamnit tiiimmmmmmmmmmmm

I'd be cool if they had him as a head in Beyond, but doing it in the modern era just wasn't right.

I don't care what the fuck is in that spider, you CANNOT SURVIVE as a fucking head in a jar.

The cliffdive in the design quality always triggers me.

check out web m.d. over here

BTAS is still great but TNBA, STAS, and BB have aged like mayonnaise in the sun.

And yes that was dumb as hell. Should not have even brought him back.

I retroactively remember it as beyond, because it would of been better.

huh

Aslong as you have machines able to replicate the functions of organs you could live as a head in the jar.

...what a weird thing to pick on.

OK, ill bite. What if it was a cybernetic body in the spider?

And the fact that he needs to be kept at freezing temperature and lives in a city where bad makeup turned a man into a shape changing blob monster doesn't bother you?

>STAS
>BB

>Aged poorly

I thought those two aged the best, personally.

Superman, especially. It's a much more cohesive whole, and it's far and away the best incarnation of true-blue, no-gimmicks Superman himself, outside of, like, All Star, and maybe some stretches of the comics.

New Adventures was full of dumb shit, that's why many people separate it from the main TAS. It also tried too hard to make the DCAU uniform in design by changing everybody to look like they can fit in the Superman cartoon that was running concurrently at the time, though I could be biased in that because I just didn't like some of the changed character designs like Penguin and Riddler's.

>you CANNOT SURVIVE as a fucking head in a jar
He probably had some batteries in there somewhere

This.

STAS, BB and JL/JLU aged pretty well, I thought.

BTAS and TNBA really did not and when you watch all the episodes as a whole you really start to notice how many bad episodes there are.

i agree with you on most of the costumes. but Ivy was finally green in new adventures. I remember it bugging the hell out of me that she was never green up until then. it also fixed killer croc

The redesigns in New Adventures were overall shit, except for Mr. Freeze and Scarecrow.

I never liked green Ivy. Having her as human as possible demonstrated put greater emphasis in her crazed obsession with plans.

I hated Killer Croc's new design.

Yeah they really should have let him fuck off with polar bears in the attic or at least be happy with his wife to some degree

The real question is is how the hell is he talking

Sub-Zero was pretty crappy. Didn't evenfeel like the same continuity.

maybe the circle on the front was an speaker and the mouth movements were just a reflex

We agree this was awesome as fuck, right?

youtube.com/watch?v=Ft6mNPeqa6Y

Everything about Batman when they tried to do it in the shitastic Superman style was worthless.

>BTAS and TNBA really did not and when you watch all the episodes as a whole you really start to notice how many bad episodes there are.
As a whole, yeah, there were a lot of bad episodes but the good episodes are just as amazing as ever.

The character of Batman went down the crapper too. Before he had the happier Bruce Wayne persona which was put on when he wasn't Batman. In TNBA he acted like Batman when he was Bruce Wayne and was much more cold- which lead to Dick becoming Nightwing and stuff.

Damn, that's cold

it was ahead of its time

>head in jar
bad
>joker in mole
masterpiece

I liked when his face was distinct from Clark's.

Timm's done good work but he can be infuriating sometimes.

>Which is better than the original idea they had for the Joker.

Someone want to fill me in on this?

He should've been allowed to have a normal life. That shit was just cruel.

Pretty much one of the few routes they could of gone to make Mr. Freeze a re-occurring villain. Mr. Freeze as a character is one that can only be used so many times before "muh Nora" gets old and he loses his sympathy. Either you have him reform/die or you give him a new motivation, there's not much else you can do.

Carlos!

Yep. I mean you could absolutely not tell whatsoever when Superman was filling in for Bruce in that one episode. Also, I disliked the villain designs like for example Dominatrix Bane.

It lead to this, which was an awesome Beyond episode. So I say it was worth it.

And seeing Mr Freeze has no libido and his only true love is Nora, it just means that his henchwomen just decided to dress like that because they thought it would be cool and Freeze didn't gave a damn as long as they got the job done.

They did something better with Beyond

>Believe me, you're the only one who cares

His henchwomen were hot in those outfits.

I must remember this quote , everytime something pisses me off.

>Mr Freeze
>No btinchin googles

It IS fucking dumb

That whole season? Yes.

youtu.be/JYEky8d8eU4?t=1m49s

I disagree

Why did his henchwomen not wear pants given the theme of their boss? I'm not complaining. Just curious.

Hm, y'know, this is some Hellboy lookin' shit here

>you may feel momentary discomfort
god this episode was so good

Thats partly because Mike Mignola originally designed Mr. Freeze in the DCAU.

I like the spiderhead idea but maybe it would better suit a different villain. Scarecrow perhaps? The condiment king?

The original idea was that Bruce would keep him in a concrete box in the Batcave with a hole in it for food.

I love that this was an afterschool cartoon. When I was a teenager, I didn't think much of it, but now I'm thinking of elementary school kids on the schoolbus, excited to see what nightmares Batman is going to give them this week.

Believe me user, you're the only one who cares.

I agree it's an absolutely terrible idea to to do in a children's show.

But really why wouldn't he.

Because it's cruel and inhumane on a level that Bruce would never approach.

how? it's no different to a regular prison

It's an extrajudicial prison. Bruce may be a lot of things, but he never considers himself judge and jury. Not to mention that prisoners in jails are allowed to come out of their cell sometimes, and are allowed to do things to occupy themselves.

>extrajudicial

nah, gordon said it was okay

I liked earlier Bruce too, but it works in the context of taking in the DCAU universe as a whole; This Bruce just couldn't find a balance or no longer cared to have one and went off the deep end.

I think there was a tie-in comic or two that dealt with the implications of this, so it all depends on how good that was.

Meltdown is awesome, though.

it was great as a mirror to his introduction, which was also cool/spoiler]
youtube.com/watch?v=O_SUAtAu9DE

Well he did the design for him in BTaS. Its probably the most Mignola design ever in respect to the fact that he features a lot of Mignola's design tendencies.

And the way his face in Beyond is always in shadow is probably an homage to his style, which features harsh angular shadows heavily.

Although in general, beyond had a fascination with that effect, the Ai that took over the batsuit, and the TV newscasters all used that same effect

I loved how Bruce actually admitted he was wrong for once, when Freeze died.

From the start, he was convinced Freeze was up to no good and that despite Terry's suggestions that maybe he was just trying to make up for his past, Bruce insisted that he ONLY thinks of revenge and therefore had Terry shadowing him.

in the end, when Freeze reverts back to his sub zero biology and kills himself, Terry admits that he was wrong about Freeze, and Bruce's response is "we both were".

>Believe me, you're the only one who cares...

See, that's the thing about Freeze in the cartoons. He wasn't EVIL in the way that Scarecrow, Joker or Two-Face were until he lost his body and Nora.

But, Batman being Batman, he couldn't bring himself to believe that someone who had committed the crimes that Freeze had, wasn't able of redemption and that's the true tragedy of it. If Bruce had just been a little more trusting and a little less cynical, then maybe Freeze wouldn't've ended up the way he did.