No worries!

I know how it is. I was worried too. And then I looked at the sales chart for August.

Gwenpool 5 $3.99 Marvel 30,232

That's right, five in and we hit thirty thou with a guest artist!

Int. Iron Man 6 $3.99 Marvel 28,337
Ms Marvel 10 $3.99 Marvel 29,395
Black Widow 6 $3.99 Marvel 24,106
Captain Marv. 8 $3.99 Marvel 23,024
Nu Inhumans 10 $3.99 Marvel 16,277
Mockingbird 6 $3.99 Marvel 15,690

It turns out that fans really DO have taste, they don't want a book written by shrill harpies preaching, they want fun!

>marvel can shit out a character in five seconds and it'll sell
>dc can't sell anything but Batshit

literally why

>Mockingbird
>not fun
I'm sick of this meme.

I feel like word of mouth is responsible.

People probably shied away because the title screamed "desperate cash grab."

Being told Misty and Monica "don't count" wasn't fun for me, user.

>implying one shit issue out of six 9/10 issues makes it all bad
>implying you read anything other than the same shitty pages posted by buttmad Cred Forumsfags

t. Gwendolyn Poole

Get canceled you dork

>Being told Misty and Monica "don't count" wasn't fun for me, user.
huh?

Yes, this book will be cancelled so I don't worry.

>It turns out that fans really DO have taste
Then why is Iron bendis doing better than all of those better books you listed? Hell I'm certain you haven't read most of those books if you are accusing them of preaching.

>9/10

Thats fucking pushing it. They were 7s at best, maybe.

Bendis Iron Man IS one of the books he listed.

I know and it is the second highest, despite being the worst

Well I was making a point that looks better with a bit of exaggeration. 7.5 seems fair.

It's one of two Iron Man books.

what, have you looked at the past sales charts these last 3 months?

Should I read Gwenpool?

If you don't you are in effect murdering Ms. Poole.

This, don't read it. Is shit and when you read it is like removing a knife from Gwempool's heart.

One issue pushing the feminist myth that girls weren't encouraged to do stuff and had it oh so bad is more than enough to make what few readers ever cared for Mockingbird drop it.

It has a female lead and good sales so why does Cred Forums think it's getting canceled?

I enjoy it and hope it becomes a long term thing.

The concept may not do much for me but from what i have read for those who dont mind the concept it seems like good quality.

Im glad to see it doing well (now if only vision could do the same)

Depends on if you like the concept.
If you dont like the concept your not going to enjoy it if you do its very well done.

I didn't drop it, but I also like Hellcat

Do you like fun?

If you like Deadpool, imagine a comic that waters down the fun and replacing it with ''lol cute!!!Selfies!''

I like fun

it's the obligatory one book a year that's premise is all about poking fun at cape stuff, so yes.

So... what is it with Marvel and shoving Gwen into things anyway?

Spider-Gwen was a reader sensation.

I think it's more about the meta-perspective of the reader who always knows the angles at play for a writer and knows characters to not be people.
Because that is precisely where she faceplants. The reality between the panels and outside of them.

I like some of it, in small doses

Nice.

I thought it was an OUTRAGE!!!

then you'll like Gwenpool

Long live the Gwenperium!

Woeful. It's not even clever.

>It turns out that fans really DO have taste, they don't want a book written by shrill harpies preaching, they want fun!
It is indeed quite a statement that a brand new non-legacy and non-SJW character is outdoing a slate of other Marvel titles.

It's irrelevant, if you turn your readers off then they're never going to read your non-shit work

>that level of historical revisionism
>forgivable

The writer and editorial should have been laughed out of the industry it was far worse then any of marvels other sjw shit

There is no accounting for taste. They should just call it 'Vagpool'

>It has a female lead and good sales so why does Cred Forums think it's getting canceled?
It's just regular Cred Forums doubts. Fortunately I don't expect them to come true.

When issue #1 is that bad, you drop the book.

It probably helps that her name and outfit is designed to make her look like one.

Reminder that Gwenpool officially disapproves of being written by Bendis

Where's that from?

Her Rocket and Groot crossover.

It's not actually that good, but at least it explained why she's in fucking Georgia instead of Civil War

Oh, I didn't realize #10 was out already.

How's it selling compared to Spider-Gwen?

But that's good, Gwenpool's a good book so I'm glad it's doing reasonably well, better than fucking Iron Man, Caol and Ms. Haram.

Issue #1 was good though.

Yeah, definitely give it a read. It's a fangirl from the real world getting transported into the MU and trying to use her knowledge of comic book tropes to survive. All it does is make her come off as a lunatic who basically lucks her way to success and it's implied that she lived some kind of shitty, worthless life originally and is more and more headed for a nervous breakdown.

It's sort of like well-written Deadpool in that sense except not quite as dark and a little more cartoonish.

She may or may not also be schizo

DC is outselling marlel like crazy though

Gwenpool is garbage though.

the last issue sold 36,212

The really aren't some of those Rebirth books are dropping like rocks sales wise

We still have to see how #6 performed.

>the last issue sold 36,212
Shameful. That book is pure fucking dreck.

She actually shows up in the most recent 3

>Ms. Marvel
>One of the few tie-ins that managed to make it work with Brian's poor premise
>Still suffers from the general disinterest/disdain readers have for Civil War II

DAMN
YOU
BENDIS

Yeah I know, I've already read 8 and 9.

Just like Gwenpool

>It's sort of like well-written Deadpool

I disagree, I think that the book is a dumbed down Deadpool.

She is a murderer but there is no blood, she is ''crazy'' but is more like a facebook person going ''lol, I'm so crazy and random!'' and the 4th wall breakings are the worst, just pop culture references or generic '' this is not how things work in comics!!!''

She's a human being in comic world who firmly believes that none of this is "real." She believes that smaller characters are literally made up on the spot for her to kill, so she's not doing anything wrong if she gats them.

>tfw your prediction for M.O.D.O.K's client was completely wrong

Still can't tell if this is some new character or someone who just can't be recognized without his costume.

Yeah because Harley #1 and ASB #1 sold a lot off of dozens of variants lol

And they have like 10 a list books being double shipped

Anyway some of the books are dropping hard and returnability ends this month I think

Watch it be her alternate universe dad

wow dude, why do you tell lies on the internet? Why would anyone do that?

She is a fucking idiot like the writter of the comic.

>Jumps into a comic book world
>Hangs out with a Spider-man
>Try to kill people in front of him
>Be surprised that he gets mad and perceives you as a murderer

Is like in one issue she is sad about that guy that now is a ghost being killed because ''murdering fake characters is kind of real!''

But then issues later she is trying to kill a bad guy while being ''lol, whatever, he will comeback to life in a couple of years!''

Is like backwards character development

Nothing he said is actually wrong, he just said it in a douchey way.

I hate the concept yet ended up liking the book, so I'd say give it a try anyways.

Sounds like you just have piss-poor reading comprehension.

Spider-man for Jail.
He tried to lynch Gwen!

IF this is successful, you know Marvel will just take the wrong message and replace every character with a new version of that character named "Gwen" right?
Either that or remove everyone's pants.

Uncle Ben? WHY?

I for one would gladly welcome Earth 6 Gwen 6.

>Spiderman mourns his uncle Bwen
>Thor lost his hammer during Original Gwen
>Kinggwen runs Hell's Kitchen
I'm down

Let's remove the pants. Sounds fun.

I'm a big fan of Doc Hastings so I'd say yes

It sounds more lewd than hand holding

And then Hastings wrote the next big Marvel event.

Be careful what you wish for.
That's how we lost Remender.

>Wanda says, "no more pants"

#PinkLivesMatter

Oh shit is there a new issue out after spiderman tried to lynch gwen?
Anyone want to storytime that shit?

No, new issue is out middle of the month.

Wait, only 30k issues sold total? Is the comics industry doing that bad?

Next Wednesday is Gwensday

Yes. That's average sales for a book doing well.

>some of those Rebirth books are dropping like rocks sales wise

They really aren't though. The only thing I saw with a huge drop was Harley and that was because of it's variant push. The drop off's for Rebirth have been very steady

Holy shit those are some solid goofs.

He's wrong about the books dropping hard. Take Aquaman for example. #1 opened at 77,610 while #5 is at 54,929. That's typically the sort of drop you would see between 1 and 2 and that wouldn't even be considered a big drop

So what are these Rebirth books that dropped hard?

Get ready for Uncle Gwen!

>Aquaman 1 77,610
>Aquaman 5 54,929

>Gwenpool 1 100,852
>Gwenpool 2 38,162

Oh man what a horrible drop from DC. How will they ever recover?

Fuck off, the whole thing was shit!

''oh no! that guy that I like got killed because of me! Killing is bad!! Even in a fictional world!''

Issues later

''Hey let me kill the bad guy in front of a super heroe, killing fictional people is not a big deal, they always comeback anyway!''

yeah, the book is shit

>Gwenpool 2 38,162
>Gwenpool 5 30,232
Damn, that's actually impressive. Most books that fall under 40,000 by the second issue you would expect to be around 25,000 by the fifth, especially something with a first issue with numbers as inflated as Gwenpool's.

I'm not saying it's bad but the people saying Rebirth is having huge drops don't know how this industry usually works

I didn't say you were. I was just taken aback by how well Gwenpool has been able to maintain its sales.

don't you have anything better to do that whine in these threads about a book you don't read

Yeah, it's almost as if Gwen is a possibly dumb, possibly mentally ill woman child who pretty much believes her actions don't have consequences because her belief of being in a fictional world causes her to believe that everyone in the story exists to serve her story as the "main character".

Wow the autistics with the mental gymnastics over here

this is why waifufags are such cancer

>buzzwords

No harm. It wouldn't be a Gwenpool thread without his muttering about "mental gymnastics" at this point.

This is cute, I hope there will be more covers like this.

>Or whatever social media platform is popular when this goes to print.

That got a laugh out of me.

So is Black Widow really bad? I'd hoped that Waid could bring back that early Daredevil freshness by focusing on a supporting character from the Daredevil run that inspired his own.

I wish there was somebody with intelligence, insight, experience, and objectivity out there doing analysis for monthly sales charts.

But we have the nerd culture news circlejerk instead.

I wouldn't say it's outright bad, but it's bland. It feels like Waid is relying on the art to carry it and has put very little effort into putting together a plot to carry it from one action scene to another. The first issue is all one extended piece of action with no explanation, and although it felt like a lot was happening while reading it didn't hold up through multiple issues. I'm still going to read it because the reveal at the end of the arc set up something I find interesting, but for most of the run I was seriously considering dropping it.

Damn. Guess I'll stay on the fence. Never saw any threads for the book and wondered why.

Thanks.

I should add a disclaimer that I've only read it monthly and it very much feels like something that would read better in trade. As with everything you should downloading the arc to see how you feel about it yourself. If you like it you can pick up with the new arc starting in NOW 2.0.

>One issue pushing the feminist myth that girls weren't encouraged to do stuff
>That's a myth
leave the basement once in a while

You clearly haven't read it than.

>non-legacy
Only technically.
>and non-SJW
Lol.

>Only technically.
No. If anything you would say she IS technically a legacy character, on account of her metatextual connections to Gwen Stacy and Deadpool. But it practice she is sui generis, as she nor her persona has no prior history in Marvel.

It was kinda making fun of Bendis but also rubbing up on him in follow up lines.

She knows where her bread is buttered.