QUICK post the Disney Movie that you think was absolutly underrated

QUICK post the Disney Movie that you think was absolutly underrated

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=sWTXhp14hyg
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

Treasure Planet
Atlantis
Princess and the Frog

Lilo and Stitch was excellent but goes largely unmentioned.

It's my favorite Disney franchise. I enjoyed the movies, specials and series. I wish I hada Gantu figure though...

It's pretty up there with being super feelsy and serious in tone too. Fuck I gotta rewatch that. My little brother used to have a Stitch plushie when we were little.

Black Cauldron

>Animated
The Great Mouse Detective

>Live-Action
Something Wicked This Way Comes

>The Great Mouse Detective
That was the good shit.

I think Disney dropped the ball on this gem.

Makes me think that if it was done today, Basil would've been played by Carey Elwes.

Don't get me wrong, he's a very good actor and unlike some Robin Hoods, he speaks with an english accent, but it wouldn't be the same as what we had.

>all the unexplored potential

I would not be surprised if they tried turning this into a kids cop show I'd watch it

Emperor's New Groove.

The most underrated and the most funny Disney movie.

nobody ever talks about The Rescuers. I only found out I wasn't the only person who liked it in a shelf thread a week ago.

Seriously, it's a shame this gets missed by so many people.

My friend and I watched that as part of our mouse movie marathon. I was surprised by just how cartoony and exaggerated all the animation was and was generally pleasantly surprised by the whole thing. Never quite understood Rattigan's beef though. Why was he so ashamed about being a rat? did he think he was some kind of mousekin or something?

I wouldn't say it's underrated, more that absolutely nothing Disney could possibly release in the wake of Frozen could possibly live up to the success of that unstoppable machine.

>Cary Elwes
>Robin Hood with English accent
>Pondering is Cary could've played the fox Robin Hood in the animal version
>my gods I can't stop hearing his voice now for Fox Robin Hood
"Rob? That's a naughty word, we never ROB....we simply borrow a bit from those who can afford it"

Wreck-It Ralph
all my normie friends know Frozen, but no one knows WiR

brother bear is one of my favorite disney movies, but outside of the cut out scene everyone (including me) gets mad about, i never see it discussed on here, or anywhere

I remember going to see this in theaters with my friend. It was his preference and I wasn't too thrilled. Turned out to be pretty good. Glad I went.

Basil of Baker Street deserves to be remembered as a Disney classic.

It's my absolute favourite Disney film but I don't know if I'd call it underrated.
It's held a steady presence among the merchandise and I think might even beat the Lion King for sequels and spin-offs.

I think mainly it's so unlike the usual Disney formula, people think of it more as it's own film rather than a Disney movie.

The Rescuers and Mouse Detective are two of the earlier movies I remember from my childhood.

Good stuff, albeit I only really remember the take-off scene from Rescuers and some stuff with a swamp.

>Mouse marathon
Are there enough mouse movies to do that?

>underrated
>one of the few series that had multiple crossovers with other series
>had an anime and a cartoon series
>had a sequel

in order, so far we've done:

>The Secret Of Nimh
>Basil The Great Mouse Detective
>The Rescuers

upcoming

>Flushed Away
>The Rescuers Down Under
>An American Tail

there's at least six there.

Also
>I only really remember the take-off scene from Rescuers and some stuff with a swamp.

Do yourself a favour and get the blu-ray. The story holds up really well and for some reason it got away with actually having a really faithful remaster. You can see all the individual bits of linework and all the fine details and the grimy colour palette is preserved perfectly.

Dumbo

didn't this come before Tangled? I heard it was pretty good but I never really paid much attention to it.

It's The Truman Show but with animals.

Basil the Great Mouse Detective

I'm torn on this. I absolutely love the moral and overall story, but I don't know, just something felt weird about the execution.

This movie gets overlooked for kickstarting the cg renaissance.

Atlantis. The answer is always Atlantis.

>Le Hidden Gem Syndrome: When an overall well made but obviously flawed film and/or show is a critical and/or financial failure causing its devout snowflake fanbase to inflate it's quality in a defense against no attack

>Le
This isn't reddit, you know.

The great mouse detective

Really blows we'll never get any form continuation of this no sequel, no spin off cartoon

Fucking thiss!
If they were going to make a tv show about it it should be about Bolt thinking he was still a super hero

the fuck you talk about? it got gazillion positive reviews, earned a bullion, media talked about it for a month... what's underrated about it?

You can still play the game which kinda continues it it seems, or at least adds a bit too it.

They decided to go for floating rocks instead of planets though.

>Disney formula

that formula was stolen from pixar.

More overlooked than underrated, it was pretty warmly received but almost no one knows about it.

I'd also say Fantasia 2000. Yeah, yeah, it doesn't hold a candle to the original but I still thought it was very good.

i think release of another harry potter movie at same time had something to do with it.

What is it with Harry Potter and financially ruining amazing traditionally animated films?

Return to Neverland.
The girl character is actually good, kind, and entertaining. Her character arc is that the Lost Boys try to get her to loosen up. And having just gone through The Blitz, she doesn't do so easily.

Disney will never return to this intellectual property again. Peter Pan, sure. But never Jane.
No sequel to this sequel. No appearance on Jake and the Never Land Pirates. No appearance on Princess Sofia. Not even a Wreck It Ralf walk on, and RTN had a video game. No more Jane ever.

I personally think this song is underrated, even if the film it is from is utterly shit.

youtube.com/watch?v=sWTXhp14hyg

>germans bombing you at home
>pirates hunting you in Neverland
That's kind of a shitty life.

Yeah, definitely 'Bolt'. I think you can also throw in 'Surfs Up'... i'm an active movie goer averaging 40 movies a year, and I stumbled on this by accident and do not recall seeing any trailers for it. Still has good graphics and a wicked soundtrack.

it was ok, also it was known as "American Dog" but it was kind of too "edgy" for Disney, especially that it was time when Lasseter moved back to Disney to help it get back on track.

"To Ratigan the worlds greatest rat!"

If Disney keeps putting Traditionall animated films up against the Harry Potter franchise, then they really aren't trying to make them successful at all.

I miss 2D animation in the box office. And I know there's some examples of it, like Ernest and Celestine, but it's not mainstream success like Zootopia or anything. I'm glad that Laika is keeping claymation alive, along with Aardman, but I want 2D to be a common thing again.

>Her character arc is that the Lost Boys try to get her to loosen up. And having just gone through The Blitz, she doesn't do so easily.
Thought those kids kids could get bent, the girl was a survivor.

Awkward comic relief aside, I think Hunchback of Notre Dame had a lot of lovely moments.

At least Atlantis had what, two movies?

The second one had that straight to VHS failed full-length series vibe though.