Ever After High / Monster High thread

Spooktober without an Monster High thread? Inconceivable!

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=DhM8FG4TVI8
youtube.com/watch?v=sOnqjkJTMaA
archiveofourown.org/works/8147401
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

More from Electrified

One of the few improved designs with the Reboot.

Have you guys seen the new episode of Monster High ?
youtube.com/watch?v=DhM8FG4TVI8

...At least the movie is pretty

This "Talking to a mute holding a camera" thing is cringey as fuck.

But, I guess we found Ghoulia.

Cuuuuuute

So can someone explain about this whole reboot thing? Why are they doing it and etc. Haven't really followed MH for a while.

My knowledge is patchy at best but what I can sort of remember is

>Mattel lost the rights to the Disney Princess line
>They panic, reboot Monster High to appeal more to the younger audiences that they supposedly would lose from the Disney Princess line

wow for once they actually look like they could be actual school girls

That's the short version.

The long version is, that Disney had a great relationship with Hasbro when it came to boys toys (Marvel Avengers, Star Wars, etc), but Mattel had dominance within the girl toy market, which is why Disney had the Disney Princess line with Mattel. Then, Mattel faced problems within that market. Not with the Princess line, mind you, which was going strong thanks to the Frozen princesses, but with their own top franchise, Barbie. At almost the same time, Hasbro found great success with MLP, proving that they, too, could handle a girl franchise. Their research had shown that girls aren't actually into clothes, but loved the idea of a brand that embraced friendship and kindness. That led to Disney taking a chance on Hasbro by giving them the Descendants license, which proved successful. Around that time, the Disney Princess license at Mattel was up for renewal. So, Disney decided to pull their Princess line from Mattel, and hand it to Hasbro, with the intent of them making the princesses more into heroines than damsels. Some people think the fact that Mattel launched Ever After High had something to do with that decision, but the truth is that would not have made any difference.

So, having lost their Disney Princess license, Mattel is left with two major doll franchises: Barbie, and Monster High. Technically, there is also American Girl, a huge sell that is being redeveloped right now, but it's a bit of a different animal than the others, so for simplicity's sake, I'm going to ignore it.

Now, here's the interesting part: At the beginning of 2016, it was revealed that Monster High dolls are actually cannibalizing Barbie. Fitting, considering the theme, but if you are trying to revitalize your main franchise, you don't want one of your other franchises disrupting that.

All these things come together in Mattel's ne strategy. Revitalise the Barbie brand by introducing a diversified platform of different bodytypes, Introducing DC Super Hero Girls as heroine characters, with a focus on friendship and kindness. Making the EAH "power princesses". And, finally, rebooting Monster High, which serves the dual purpose of changing the focus to female friendship instead of dating and clothes (by removing most of the male cast), AND reducing its market presence, thereby allowing the other new toylines to properly develop, instead of being crippled right out of the gate by the titan that's Monster High.

I suppose it does make sense that Monster High would be beating out Barbi in popularity, I wonder how it's doing in comparison now, or if it's too early to really tell.

Barbie*

Post your favorite doll by design
Do it now

For dolls, go to >>/toy/

We're all about the girls here.

I mean you can still post your favorite character designs, it's a doll show so dolls are gonna come up.

Frankie in Ghouls Rule is still one of my top favorite looks

I prefer EAH over MH
I mean toywise, MH has a lot more variety
but plot and story wise EAH has a coherent plot, character-development and worldbuilding

>and by all means I don't think the MH reboot made any sense:
>like where's Frankies dad?
>why didn't Dracula ever meet Frankenstein when they lived next to each other?
>the unsatisfying end of the movie

also: why aren't there any witches in MH?
I thought Moanica was a necromacer: I needed the webpage to figure out she was a zombie

So that horse show is to blame.

You seem to really like Frankie, OP. How would you react if you found out that, after her graduation from MH, the first human Frankie would directly communicate will be you?

For Welcome to Monster High, I was terribly confused about why they released a Deuce and Abbey doll with dance outfits, but then Deuce never wears the damn outfit and where the fuck is Abbey?

>I just wanted to see my favorite yeti

I wonder if Operetta will be back since she was created right after the main characters came out originally.

Which EAH character would make the best big sister and why is it pic related?

doesn't she have a bunch of little brothers?

That what makes her the best big sister, obviously. Du-doy .

I mean the best big sister to me.

I don't know, it would seem Ginger would be a better big sister type since she seems more home maker type.

I don't know much about the rest of the series or the toyline, but Welcome to Monster High was a very pleasant surprise. The designs are much more appealing than the 2D flash version or the actual dolls. They remind me of a less ugly version of Star Wars Clone Wars.

Darling and Ramona are the ultimate in cool big sis, although in very different ways.

I feel like the terms are more or less synonymous here.

I dunno who my overall favorite design is. Honey Swamp looks great. I have the I Heart Fashion Iris and I really like her face mold.

They are so cute damn
Them and Rapple should do a double date.

It would have made more sense to give Twyla and Venus some dolls & outfits, sure they'd never have them in the outfits in the movie, but it makes more sense than Abbey.

And I love Abbey but they played with my heart by giving us a doll of her and not including her in the actual movie

OMG I love twyla, I wanked to her so many times since 13 wishes.

wait a minute, I haven seen Iris Clops to, do you think they axed her?, to be fair I have not paying much attention to it since the reboot.

Iris had some minor attention in the show and some of the movies, she and Manny Taur were a couple, they may have dropped her if they dropped him forever too, cant say for certain

Best thing about the reboot. One thing I didn't like about MH was that the girls wore way too much makeup.

It's so weird that Mattel is concerned about one of their franchises is doing better than the other, especially since both Barbie and Monster High are still the top fashion doll lines.

I loved the crazy, dark and dramatic makeup, but it was a lot for school girls.

I wish they could some more for older collectors, maybe have the MH characters as young adults so they can be a bit more outrageous with the looks, without it being way too risky/creepy for a 15/16 year old characters. I dont ever see it happening though, it is rightfully aimed more for children.

First Apple needs to have her early life crisis to figure out she is gay.

I know children and I know girls, half of them can't pronounce friendship, little lone care about it as an idea. What they do care about is hair. Which MLP had a large abundance of. and also the fact MLP was regularly on TV, unlike literally anything else mentioned.

Its cool my nigga dolls are my life. My pick is either River, because the ghost-skelly thing they did was brilliant, and her scythe being a bow was a good way to avoid the scythe. Or Elle for her detailed skin.

and for any doll designs, Throne coming Blondie or Picture day Lagoona ;D

You say things i thought were established but trolling or not I agree with everything. and Toy wise MH has been out longer so its gonna have more. And the reboot was forced, so it can't make sense without time travel. Lastly, Casta Fierce is a Witch my guy. (and a hot one) >Pic related

Abbey dolls sell well and they wanted a guy,I guess

She was supposed to be a main character, and i hope, That lovely thing.

Sadly I don't think the creators really like her, she was only made a doll from high demand.

The animation is infinitely better and the models are actually cute rather than off-puttingly low budget, but Lala lost ALL her charm. I want my pink goth minitoy qt back.

I had similar views. Everyone is cute af and it's well done, but she's missing...
something.

Script was especially dull though.

If Barbie is allowed to be an adult with careers and love interests then there's absolutely ways to make young adult MH girls.

But it wouldn't be Monster High anymore would it

>Monster University.

wonder if they could get away with that

Man I wanna believe, I really truly do

No, I doubt it. But Monster campus might work, sure they could get something.

The area they live in is called New Salem right? New Salem Monster University.

Briar would only agree to it if she thought her date was Apple.

Well you're an sassy shipper, now aren't you.

Who is more thirsty?

I feel like Apples thirst would be worse because she isnt sure what she's thirsty for or how to handle it.

Is there a direct download for Welcome to Monster High?

I'll make WebMs tomorrow if there is

Make them teachers, then. Turn it into a generational thing, old characters getting new dolls on the taller bodies, new characters appearing.

Wouldn't vaginal fluid smell bad like that?

Is that Simon? The gangly teen look is definitely him, but it seems a bit too detailed, or something.

Monster Academy.

Love it, wish it were real

If it's uni, then they can wear even more revealing outfits for some of the characters.

I think Itd just be bad in general but to each their own.

I like

Great name and more skin sounds nice, but I think we've forgoten the whole reason for the reboot. To make them younger and appeal to younger girls.

I mean this is all just talk, a bunch of 'what if's. I don't expect any of us to really set our hearts on this ever actually happening, just fun to talk about.

>Monster High college AU

>To make them younger and appeal to younger girls.
People keep saying that, but it's simply not true. At best, it's because of older girls aging out of the brand, and making it accessible for new girls in the age bracket. That's entirely different from appealing to a younger audience. And even that is secondary to the point made here

Three pics of Claire showed up on the goth thread, nice she's getting recognition outside the MH community.
It's a damn DAMN shame she never appeared after Ghouls Rule. She'd fit right in with the reboot's storyline of monster-humans co-existing.

You think that Raven would share some " Apple juice " with Darling?

instead of rewatching that hideus dance I'd rather go blind, what where they thinking when they made those weird moves!

>what where they thinking when they made those weird moves!
youtube.com/watch?v=sOnqjkJTMaA

something I wrote last thread

archiveofourown.org/works/8147401

Garden of Shadows

Starring: Melody Piper

>I prefer EAH over MH
>I mean toywise, MH has a lot more variety
>but plot and story wise EAH has a coherent plot, character-development and worldbuilding

I thought this was the overall feelings in these threads.

Monster High: College Years

>You think that Raven would share some " Apple juice " with Darling?
Depends on how possessive Raven is.

I don't think its based on thriller, those moves looked more like the All Black's samoan dance.

Hey, that doesn't mean once she finds out who she's really dating she couldn't have fun anyway... Fayfay might surprise her.

Apple would probably mistake a double date as going out with Raven and Briar at the same time.

Kitty may get lewd but Maddie is pure.

Apple isn't THAT ignorant.

>All her stitching the same color as her skin.

Yea the dolls won't be colored. But come on.

Poor girl doesn't even get a reflection.

You ain't never heard of dyed sutures, son? Most all sutures are, just usually to make them more visible. 'Cause they temporary. You always live with them, you wanna cover that shit up.

... I may have been in the middle of binge watching Luke Cage while writing games this post.

Ok but it's just to come off as less scary than noticeable silver staples

the definition doesn't look good. it looks molded in just like a figure. just a bit of detail and maybe a shade off would be better.

The new Ever After High book is out (though I guess officially tomorrow) it is about Meeshell.

I'll be reading the new Star Darlings book first before I do Ever After High.

Cool

Definitely Apple, Raven knows how to manage her urges but Apple doesn't understand them and thus continuously thirsts without being satisfied.

But those designs specifically were dolls

So there's always a maybe?

>Toralei
>not Casta
I will never understand this choice.

Casta is probably never going to return, sad to say

gonna read Meeshell's book tomorrow

Hopefully, "THAT" doesn't happen.

Resting bitch face: on

... That name is awful, though.

"That"?

Dont really care, I just hope the doll looks good, if its based around her Rick Genest look then I am hoping for something darker than what we've been getting.

Her

"her" who?

Still not making any sense.

?????

You're pretty good!!!!

Duchess is a fucking giant
she's as atll as Alistair
>in heels but still pretty tall

Poor Ghoulia. More zombies, just not her.

Link?

Zelda.

Yeah I don't like the smell of hope, I apologize.

I'm not saying there are not more official reasons, I know that, silly. I was in the targeted age group when it came out, I'm saying if they are renewing them it's for new girls that now fit in the age group, who are /younger/ than old fans. Putting it in a college setting would make it look as if it's moving with its original fans. That's not what they want, they want kids.

As long as I don't have to hear Meeshell sing, I'm in.

Castas voice actress was a one time thing. She can actually sing, so she costs more. That's one of the biggest reasons we won't see her.It's sad, she's one if my favorite designs.

Should of just done 'Zomby' but of course her name has to be in it.

Apple, definitely Apple.

Few pages in the book, we find out some real names of the previous generation

Meeshell's parents
Pearl Mermaid
Philip Charming

So Meeshell is Daring, Dexter, and Darling's cousin?

There are different charming families, so yeah; they probably aren't related.

Hi guys i wanted to ask if someone could share/scan Farrah Goodfairy and Melody Piper cards the one that show the full artwork.

she a cutie