Did it truly go to shit after this episode?

Did it truly go to shit after this episode?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=wYCKHlv1S3Y
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

To me, this was the point that I stopped giving a single fuck about the show. There was nothing left to care about.

1: the show had constantly hinted at adult Finn having lost an arm, which he finally did, and we were told that the events of the season finale would have a lasting impact on Finn - he wouldn't just get his arm back.

2: The events of the season finale were undone like, what... 3 episodes later by a fucking deus ex machina in a shitty soapboxing episode of some douchebag that thought this show would make a great place to make his so-deep statement about some shit he went through as a kid.

3: Point 2 was not stopped by anyone, proving that nobody else involved seemed to give a single fuck about the show.

I'll catch new eps if I come across them, but I no longer seek out anything on this show, and I don't regret it - everything I've seen past this point has pretty much been total shit. The only thing I've liked past this was the Marceline miniseries.

>miniseries
>good

apparently it was the result of executive meddling
the suits hated the entire concept of Finn loosing his arm, and kept breathing down the creative team's necks to "fix it"

this is largely due to marketing reasons
the design of a lead character should never change drastically

at least the writers did manage to make the grass hand into a plot point in later episodes, so it was not a complete waste

I think it was starting to falter about halfway through season five, but I also think season seven has been an improvement.

I don´t even mad about finn´s arm, I was more upset to the fact that the show didn´t change that much after the season finale. You are shown the galactic scale of the AT universe and see the worst criminals in the galaxy escape.

And they never follow through to any of those plotpoints. We never saw those dangerous monster again, we never discoverd why finn´s dad was among those monsters.

The worst part is that they don´t do any adventuring anymore, at this point the title of the show doesn´t even make sense.

If anything, it got better

Why did this get so much hate?

Fanboys who made their headcanons matter more than the actual material didn't like being played with. They wanted their Guts Finn with Robo-arm action but got Sad Finn with Leaf Arm inaction who fucked a fatty.

Correct. The ratio of great episodes stayed the same or maybe even went up after Breezy. People just flipped the fuck out because Finn was missing an arm for 4 episodes instead of 6 or 7 like they wanted.

this was the lowest point of the series, so no, not technically
it was dragging itself through the shit

Ever since Finn broke up with FP the show took a turn into the shitty and weird territory, with only rare moments of good

>fucked a fatty
Explain. I already gave up on the show a long time ago, but this is a curious point to me.

Finn having sex with that purple blob was the end point for me.

There are two camps of people who hate Beezy. One of them hates the episode because it undid Finn losing his arm and brought back his crush on Princess Bubblegum. The other one hates the episode because it was a dumb awkward teenage plot with heavy-handed metaphors that culminated in LSP forcing herself on Finn in an uncomfortable scene with sexual overtones.

It managed to piss off a lot of people in general.

It went to shit a few episodes earlier with Betty.

They kind of recovered with season 7 but at this point we know the show is getting a mercy killing so it doesn't really matter what they do with it now.

youtube.com/watch?v=wYCKHlv1S3Y

It was pretty much the point at which the show proved that it was always going to revert to the status quo and that nothing that happened was ever going to matter.

It was pretentious. Not in the "I don't like it, so it's pretentious" sense, but in the sense that you can tell whoever made it thought they were hot shit for making such a "mature and true to life" story in a kid's show. The entire episode is a less-than-subtle metaphor for Finn getting depressed and going around fucking as many girls as he could. Then there's this scene where the bee who had a crush on Finn eats royal honey to become an adult bee, then there's this melodramatic "but I ate royal honey for you!" scene when he won't get into a relationship with her. By the time the LSP scene rolls around, you're already sick of watching this pretentious piece of shit.

It feels like it was written by some college stoner blogging about his life experiences, except with colorful cartoon characters.

I stopped watching AT after season 4, what is this and what the fuck happened to the show?

>video name
nope
not watching that shit

>Did it truly go to shit after this episode?

No, because the shit was already there.
How anyone ever gave even a half shit about Flame Princess I don't know.

In short: yes.

Contrary to popular belief Flame Princess was the reason. I never understood that, I liked the FP stuff. I made sense Finn wanted to hit dat flame pussy. Breesy though? Horrible. Don't know what they were thinking.

No, because this episode had no influence on future plots, let alone an enitre season after.

Because youre focusing so much on the details fucktard. You want to know why Tree Trunks divorced each of her husbands, too?

Based on what? How so?
Brought back his crush on PB, no it didn't. PB was in his vision, but Finn had no control over who was in his vision. Or rather hallucination.

Will SU end up like Adventure Time? Season 4 ain't looking so good so far.

Nothing significant, just booty-blasted fans angry their head canons didnt happen.

>Jasperfag

I can already tell the reason why it looks bad.

I doubt it, season 4 of AT was the peak in AT's popularity, and beloved by the fans. Source: The fucking archives. Season 5.2 and 6 was a period of lower quality, but that doesn't mean there weren't any great episodes. This happened because we had multiple writters leave, and Xayaphone was given creative freedom. Does SU have a Xayaphone tier storyboarder?

It better not go.

By the way, how many people got butthurt over Onion Gang? After all, there's no fucking way that Soup wasn't at least partially based on Frisk.

and the episode was released right at the 1-year anniversary of Undertale

I lost some faith in the show after the breakup

I don't even like Jasper. Just a reaction pic

I'm an Amyfag

Would like to add that:
If SU really does reach a point where quality drops, and an episode comes around thay completely enrages the fans, I going to lose my sides. I frequently get sugfags come to AT threads just to tell me how perfect their writting is. But I do enjoy SU, seen a decent amount of episodes, so I would want the quality to stay consistent.

>liking worse gem
Thats thats not any better, user

With any luck SU will wrap up in a couple of seasons and be done with. If they drag the plot on any longer than it needs to be with pointless filler I'll drop it.

I don't think anybody was butthurt over the reference, the episode was just awful.

This. SU has an actual storyline

the problem is that they often put it aside too hard