Why did MCU Tony's personality change so much past Iron Man 1?

Why did MCU Tony's personality change so much past Iron Man 1?

In that movie, he acted like a billionaire. Always in suits or tuxedos or button downs, generally nice clothes. His personality was a great Tony Stark adaptation.

Then Iron Man 2 hits and he's in ripped jeans and Walmart shirts, quips every two minutes, and just isn't very charming.

The only film that brought Tony back to his IM1 portrayal is Civil War.

Gisnep.

He was changed by his experiences in Iron Man 1.

His character did this thing called developing, I know its a hard concept for cape fans to understand, but sometimes people can change when things happen to them.

This.

Tony is literally the only character that develops. Even Cap seems to stagnate.

>character-development
>MCU

good one

It's called character development.

>meme arrows
Look man, I don't really care for the MCU either but I can't deny that both Stark and Cap went through character development in these movies (Stark more than Cap).

Iron Man went from an arrogant "fuck you gov I do what I want" weapons manufacturer to a paranoid guilt-ridden man who wants to submit to authority so he can feel like he's atoning for his sins. Cap went from a company man who wants to serve his country to a man who distrusts authority to the point that he gives up the Captain America identity. These changes are so fucking obvious, only retards can't see them. It's basic character development.

>The only film that brought Tony back to his IM1 portrayal is Civil War.
What? Civil War Tony was the furthest away from IM1.

>it's Cred Forums trying to pretend they know what the hell they're talking about the thread

There are several scenes in IM1 where he's in a "walmart shirt" or even a wifebeater when he's working in his garage/lab.

Yeah, this.

I'm not crazy about the MCU either but it's not hard to see that Tony has developed immensely since Iron Man 1, which was 8 years ago and how many movies?

The clothes made sense because his world view changed. The issue was his personality got MORE snobbish and arrogant after the first movie. It was clear that he was supposed to become more humble, yet more aggressive at the same time. He was still snarky, but on a level of almost self-assuring those around him he could be Iron Man. His switch in personality after that was bizarre, because it felt like they devolved him back to his pre-trauma personality.

end of Iron-Man 3:

>overcomes his fear (of aliens/invasions)
>blows up his arsenal of suits
>stops bein Iron-Man
>goes full "I dont need this shit anymore"

*one year time-skip*

>is Iron-Man again
>builds an entire army of Iron-Men
>suddenly angst of aliens/invasions

seems more like regression than development

>stops being Iron-Man
>movie ends with him saying "I am Iron Man"
Are you just pretending to be retarded right now?

The "sudden angst of aliens/invasions" again is because of Wanda's vision.

He never stopped being Iron Man. Holy shit, the whole point of IM3 was to have Tony realize that the suits don't make him IM, it's himself.

I swear to God the ending of IM3 is so simple and 90% of the people who watched it are just retarded.

He never stopped being Iron Man. Never even said he would. The ending was an affirmation of himself as a hero.

Steve is less troubled, but equally developed.

MCU Tony was NEVER like comics Tony, you fucking casual retard

MCU Ironman is just RDJ being RDJ

No, idiot, he just destroyed the suits.
The suits were no useful and only served to make Tony feel protected. The Iron Army actually serves a purpose.

lol

you're literal fucking children, you confusing story arcs with character arcs

>Let me just put a bunch of literary terms in a blender to disguise my lack of argument
Wow you really deus ex machina your way out of this hero's journey threshold we had hanging over your head like a cliffhanger, huh, view point protagonist?