Steven Universe gets rid of all musicals from here on out

Steven Universe gets rid of all musicals from here on out.

Would it make the show better or worse?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/N7WO5pIJmEU
youtube.com/watch?v=6JARVfb-FBg
m.youtube.com/watch?v=G4g2Zjolsa0
twitter.com/AnonBabble

It would still be the greatest show in television history.

Objectively worse. The only thing keeping that shit show running is awful musical numbers with terrible choreography sprinkled in so you can ignore the lack of character development. I would not watch the show any more or less but it would be less succesful

>Steven Universe
>shit show

I'm sorry to say this, but you are wrong. Steven Universe is perfect, it's quite literally the Ocarina of Time of television. That is to say it is untouchable and unbeatable in high quality.

>This is what Tumblrfags actually believe.

>ocarina of time of television
So it's overrated boring garbage? We already knew that.

well bazinga'd good sir

It would be wasted potential, since you wouldn't be using the Broadway singer VA to their fullest extent.

But Tumblr loves the musi--

Oh fuck you're one of those people who just throws around the terms Tumblr and CalArts without knowing what they mean. I bet you randomly (you) people too without knowing what it means.

Spot on, it's like using a car as a doorstop.

>waaaah people call things tumblr and calarts

Are you autistic? What a crybaby you are.

No, you see, sir, Ocarina of Time set high standards in the video game industry with revolutionary game mechanics. It's untouchable and unbeatable in high quality. Except if Steven Universe had a video game made for the PS4, then that video game would become superior to Ocarina of Time.

You just don't understand Steven Universes superiority yet.

Majora's Mask > Ocarina of Time

And this ladies and gentlemen is what happens when autists and faggots collide.

Yeah you're right, who would think of hiring a theater VA just to not have them sing?

>I share a planet with faggots who unironically believe this.
I want off of this ride.
This

the music bits are fucking cringey so, better

You're really bad at baiting people.

Careful with those buzzwords kid, don't wanna make yourself light headed.

You are wrong, good sir.

Majora's Mask is inferior to Ocarina of Time in every aspect. Majora's Mask is like the We Bare Bears of video games. It is untouchable and unbeatable in low quality.

"Buzzword" in itself is a buzzword. Come back when you're older and have something of actual value to say.

And, you, are also wrong good sir. The musical numbers are Disney/Broadway quality. If Steven Universe was a Broadway show, it would be superior to Oklahoma and the Book of Mormon.

You are wrong, good sir.

Ocarina of Time is inferior to Metal Gear Solid 3 in every aspect. Ocarina of Time is like the Teen Titans Go of video games. It is untouchable and unbeatable in low quality.

Ironic shitposting is still shitposting, retard.

Stop saying sir.

Trips confirm.

You are wrong, good sir. Ironic shitposting is not supposed to be taken seriously, therefore it is different from regular shitposting.

It is you, who are wrong sir.

Metal Gear Solid 3 was an inferior game compared to Ocarina of Time. It's not a bad game, per say but inferior. I'd say that Metal Gear Solid is like the Adventure Time of video games. It is of average quality.

No sir.

No, buzzword is an actual fucking word and was used correctly. You're not going to find "Tumblr" in the dictionary. Nice try trying to act like you've been here longer than a week. Why don't you lurk longer before popping off posts.

Steven Universe is dogshit. No, it's below dogshit. Nothing can redeem this piece of shit show including getting rid of fuck-awful cringe worthy musicals.

While both sides of the argument are hardly even trying with their bait, I honestly think the show would be worse.

Songs like "Here Comes A Thought" and "It's Over, Isn't It?" enhance the scenes and accomplish things that dialogue alone can't. Plus, I'm pretty convinced that the songs are how people find Steven Universe anyway; so if it draws people in, cool.

better.

The only good song was the one when garnet was fighting jasper. Made me think all the music would be great.....i was wrong.

Now ditch the Stevonnie shit, drop the lesbian undertones, make the characters actually develop outside of Lapis, Greg and Peridot, have Steven physically age, get the diamonds done and over with and wrap up this show before it becomes a bigger husk of stockholm syndrome.

Townie episodes would still exist.

You are wrong, good sir.

Steven Universe is perfect, it is of no need of redemption and it's unbeatable and untouchable in high quality. 50 years from now, Steven Universe will be recommended watching watching in schools to teach about high quality animation, story telling, and life lessons.

Steven Universe is the greatest show in television history, everyone here just doesn't realize it yet.

Buzzword means a word that sounds technical and is currently popular in a specific area or in pop culture. The word Buzzword fits that definition, it doesn't have to be in the dictionary to be a buzzword, you massively defensive faggot.

>watching watching
Increasingly nervous man with shit taste detected.

"lurk more"

hey look, a shut-in.

>Wanting to justify his use of "Tumblr" so bad he samefags

There have been mediocre songs, but I've really liked most of them.

That one song Garnet sings when she's back together is a masterpiece and affects the mood of that pretty significantly but otherwise all of the other songs are time-wasting lame shit and the show would be better off without them.

>samefag
That's a buzzword. Faggot.

It's the correct use of a buzzword, unlike your "Tumblrfags hate Steven Universe songs!".

It's one of the things keeping me from watching it. Any time I've come across someone posting one of the songs in that show I just roll my eyes. It's as hokey and corny as any Christian song singing about how great Jesus is or feeling the love of God. Like they had the one with the afro sing about how your words and actions can hurt people feelings which was bad enough, but she also couldn't fucking sing to save their life. so you got this corny as fuck after school special song being sung by someone who can't carry a tune. Oh and there was also one of Steven and his girlfriend singing about making jams and other preserves and saying "try to do our best".

I'm guessing the people who wrote also agree that teachers shouldn't use red pens when marking mistakes on students work because it can leave a negative feeling on them.

I made a mistake, as the great Greg once said, if every pork chop was perfect, we wouldn't have hotdogs.

Steven Universe will one day replace the Bible, and the world would be in peace for we following the teachings of Steven and the Crystal Gems and the impending invasion from Homeworld.

Steven Universe has already defeated television. And soon, it'll be the religion of the land. It's already my religion. I pray to Peridot and Pearl everyday for good luck, and I pray to Rose before I bed my girlfriend so we can be blessed with a child.

YOU DON'T UNDERSTAND STEVEN UNIVERSE

>buzzwords are ok as long as you "use them correctly"
Oh wow, you're worthless.

So not even a simple question about SU can go one minute without incessant shitposting and trolling. This isn't even really a bait thread, it's just a thread asking a question, no different than, "Would you like the nuPPG with original voices?" or "What moment caused Adventure Time to lose steam?". Is anything SU related just an immediate bait-magnet? Has there ever been a GOOD SU thread on this board?

Yes, words make sense when you use them correctly you dumb nigger faggot tumblr-loving autistic manchild calarts wannabe samefag hack.

Nope you moron. You were arguing with someone else all the time. This is my first reply to (You), so listen cock warmer.
My post is justified because everybody on Cred Forums knows that Cred Forums is the most tumblr-tier board on this website and only faggots from this board love the gay ass show that is SU as much you do.
It's shit, it's garbage regardless of the musicals. We all would be better off without SUfags and Tumblrina retards like you.

>First reply
>Types just like other guy
>Continues to go on his long shitpost

Hoo boy.

Steven Universe gets rid of all characters from here on out.

Would it make the show better or worse?

And when the Homeworld Invasion happens, you will be shattered, believe in Steven, and you will be saved.

>made up words make sense when you use them correctly
I'm using Tumblrfag correctly.

Also isn't me.

are you just mad because your precious show doesn't have as active a fanbase as steven universe? sorry no one watches your cartoon about bears doing nothing, maybe try watching something good? ;)

at least the fans know how to turn this shit thread into something funny. you haters literally just flail among yourselves trying to hate something you don't watch.

>Has there ever been a GOOD SU thread on this board?
Go to if you want that.

>Not allowed to talk about a cartoon on Cred Forums
I didn't know Faust made another show.

If all we had was the backgrounds and synth music? Yes, yes it would make it much better.

You also need Steven in your life, open your heart to him and you won't be shattered on the day of the Homeworld Invasion.

You're not funny fuck off

And you are the Sonic 06 of human beings. Good sir.

Worse. So much worse.
They could get rid of the awful ones tho, but I wouldn't mind get EVEN MORE.
Songs makes/breaks cartoons.

Okay Tier
It's Over, Isn't It?

Shit/Embarrassing/Cringe Tier
Everything else

Worse. I like the music and its done by talented people. What would be the point of having every voice actor being a singer if you didn't have songs?

Wait, they're singers?

That just makes their singing parts twice as embarrassing.

Pearl's songs and voice are the best thing about the show.

You're telling me that Garnet's VA is trained in singing? She needs yo sue whoever taught her.

Go listen to your low IQ rap that you think is the pinnacle of music and stop posting here already

probably more fast paced and straight-forward

When did saying you don't like the music in SU mean you only like rap? You're an idiot.

>Falling for this bait

Probably make the show worse but the Cred Forums fanbase better.
They have a serious problem of refusing to admit an episode is bad if it has a great song in it (mr greg, mindful education)

PHIL'S FROM THE STONE, JACK'S FROM THE PIER!
HORATIO OR HORAT SO BEER!
TITO DICK, DICKMAN, BABY!
HE RAISED PHIL AND LOVES THE LADIES.
JACK'S COOL-ASS LAZY, HE'S STILL LEARNIN'.
NUMBER ONE CHERRY PIE, STILL A VIRGIN.
CHITA, MEET DA FREAKAH DA WEEKAH!
PHIL'S HOMEGIRL THAT JACK WANNA KEEP HER!
BUT IT'S NOT HAPPENIN', EITHER!
SHAKIN' LIKE A SEIZURE, HOLD UP, LEMME SPARK THIS, TAKE A BREATHER!
BREATHE SOME REEFER IN MY LUNGS, I GOT GRAPES, WHAT YOU WATCHIN', SON?!

You mean like how they did not even fucking try during the writing for mindful education and fell back on there song.

Fuck no, the music is great.

What's with all these bait-y threads lately? Did I miss something last week I was out.

Well mr greg was more just full of wasted potentiol but mindful education was the second worst episode so far.

Oh boy here we go again.

Okay, what's the problem with the episode now

There's only a song once every ten episodes or so anyway, so it wouldn't make THAT much of a difference really, but it would take away from Greg and Steven's personalities to not show their artistic inclination.

We're on hiatus so baiting is all we have left apparently.

Go listen to American Boy you cunt. She has to sing in a completely different and much more alto voice for SU, lay off. Not that she doesn't sound good as Garnet.

There should be new info on NYCC on Friday.

Hopefully CN will release one of the shorts to lube the hiatus.

Anyone got the title list?

The importance of songs lies in their ability to convey a complex feeling or mechanism through an effective monologue without having to make someone ramble on for a minute. It elevates basic exposition to art.
Through songs, SU has transported very complicated concepts in a way that would not leave children confused or bored.
Such as how to talk each other through internal conflicts and find support in a relationship, the necessity to find a job, or accepting the loss of a loved one and finding common ground in a relationship to a third person.

I have and eh. I don't hate it but it does nothing for me. Also, why are they using singers who can't act to voice these characters? Did they really pick them by how they sang first? That's fucking stupid.

>I am SO le deep

psst he's baiting
that's why he singled out the one character whose va is a well known singer

It would have a different feeling but it would me mostly the same.Mr greg would be way better tho.

>connie says she beat the kid up but she really just flipped him
The information was poorly conveyed at first and made it seem like she had taken a while to notice who she was fighting instead of having an ordinary reaction
>it should have been a greg/connie episode
>the song had nothing to fucking do with connies problem
Garnet was singing about harmony between the two of them when the problem was all on connies side
>rather then letting connie be a badass on her own before the fusion they fuse right away
>ignores prior established lore to have steven fall faster when he is sad

And thats just the surface of what i can think of with my sleep deprived brain good night Cred Forums im off to bed

She's actually a semi famous singer

>connie says she beat the kid up but she really just flipped him
Dude what.
The flip fucking disconnected his arm.
You know if you slam someone against the ground it fucking hurts right? The ground is notoriously solid.
"Just flipped him" jesus.

About 50% of the songs are quite good, so nothing.

This is the woman who blew her shows budget on a guest actress singer.

Do you fucks really need another SU thread? What number is that today?

Why do you autists like talking about this show so much?

Im getting flashbacks to when people would make loads of pony threads when that show came out.

Its not the result that was the problem or even her actions its the way the actions were conveyed.

>people would make loads of pony threads when that show came out.
This is historical revisionism
it was always those complaining about ponys that were the problem.

Nope. SU would still be SJW Tumblr garbage, and it always has been and always will be

But it was not sjw until beach city drift.

Well the famous characters and guests are a HUUUUGE appeal, even Nicki Minaj. It's lame that Sugilite never rapped a bit though especially with her sweet ass theme music.

I think the musical numbers are starting to get repetitive. Here Comes a Thought sounded like a slow, mellow hip-hop cover of that song that Steven sang with Peridot. You can fucking tell that the song was written for a ukelele.

I can't think of any gem actor who's a poor performer, in the show or out.

>instead of having an ordinary reaction
Suplexing someone isn't an ordinary reaction.

A guest star is one, it's another to make someone who only sings as a main voice on the show.

>I have le no argument, so I resort to petty insults.

Amethyst's VA?

>Mr. Greg
>not the best episode in season 3

I can't think of a single episode where her performance isn't good. Even if you don't like the character or think she has an annoying voice, she's acted well.

Garnet's voice is kind of shitty whenever she tries to do anything other than stoic one-liners. I don't know if that's the voice actress being unable to act or if the Garnet voice is just hard to emote.

I think Steven's voice is terrible, sounds like nails on a chalkboard that makes your ears bleed.

>The information was poorly conveyed at first and made it seem like she had taken a while

The hell are you talking about, she says bumped onto some kid and her reflexes kicked in, which is exactly what happens. And she either dislocated or broke his arm, is not exactly a minor injury. No it's no normal to break somebody's arm when they accidentally bump into you

>it should've been a greg /Connie episode

What the fuck am I reading, the episode is about keeping a fusion's mind together, how the hell would Greg and Connie make sense.

>The song had nothing to do with Connie's problem

Are you drunk or something?, the whole thing was about facing your problems/mistakes and not keeping the in the back.

>when the problem was all on Connie's side

Did you not watch the episode? Steven has massive problems and he only admits it at the end.

>rather then letting connie be a badass on her own before the fusion they fuse right away

Because its explicitly stated that it was fusion training.

>ignores prior established lore to have steven fall faster when he is sad

But that is correct, they had an entire episode about that power. It was explicitly mentioned.

You seriously need to sleep.

Both.
Some of the music is amazing and some of it is a box full of 'why'.

peace and love on planet earth?

dude they sound nothing alike.

Really? I think she's good at sounding like she's dropping a facade when she talks outside of her one-liners.

Is it even possible for it to be worse?

She's a singer, not an actress. I find it hard to believe they couldn't find a black female VA that could also sing. It comes off like they just wanted her because they liked her music.

>Here Comes a Thought sounded like a slow, mellow hip-hop cover of that song that Steven sang with Peridot.

Is that really your problem?

The dont worry, the songs are pretty far and in between, and most of them aren#t anything like either of those two. Also, the afro one was NOT about how words can hurt you, it makes much more sense in comtext of the show.

The actual BGM is far more prevalent and is GOAT in my opinion
youtu.be/N7WO5pIJmEU

It's most evident when she tries to do a concerned yell. It sounds like she's really struggling to manage her breathing while lowering her octave. She's naturally the kind of person whose voice goes really high-pitched when she raises her tone and it shows.

Amethyst's VA is like the only one with real emotion other than Greg or Pearl lmao

She sounds kind of rough and shitty when shes angry and lecturing someone but her accent is also thick as fuck.

Otherwise she fine.

I said one of the things. There's much more that keeps me from watching it. The biggest is the character designs. I just don't like it. The background art is nice but the characters just don't work for me.

Honestly, I think they just liked her accent.

The best songs are the ones where the VAs can actually explore their range.

If they're locked into singing twang twang sing songy college campus guitar tunes it turns to shit really fast.

This. The voice actors are often mismatched to the songs they're singing. I remember that song from the Sugilite episode was one of the earliest examples of it. Pearl's section sounded fine, but the song escalated way out of Steven's range.

>>waaaah people call things cancer
You are retarded.

if this is the direction SU threads are headed, just go ahead and relegate it to pony status (don't make a containment board, just ban it completely)

its got nothing to do with the show itself, it's just become too much of a shitposting magnet because people who want to derail threads can just be like 'ooh, use the current controversial thing!' and it works literally every time

if nothing else, it should at least be bannable to bring it up in a thread that's not about SU to begin with

It would probably be better at storytelling with all that surplus time. That being said, I'm foppish af so a lack of songs would piss me off.

You know if they fought as often as they sing and the show had a real animation budget it wouldn't be so bad

>being baited this hard

The thing that would greatly improve the series is if they decided not to do anymore townie episodes.

Worse cause they would have wasted millions getting Patti Lupone as Yellow diamond for some epic song that won't now happen that could have been used for animation.

better.

Songs are way too hit or miss to use them.

If they had good lyrics writer it's be great, but they don't.

worse

the musicals are half the fun, and several elements of the show are tied to music one way or another.

this.

Could you stop shitting on townie episodes? Jesus Christ.

>Liking the worst part of the show.

Yeah, no. I'm gonna keep shitting on the shitty part of the show.

the answer is clearly yes and that is concrete evidence this show is utter dogshit.

It would be worse because 50% of the character development is done through musicals.

stop it, user. you're gonna hurt the SU fag's frail feelings.

The best episode had a musical in it.
youtube.com/watch?v=6JARVfb-FBg

I don't normally like musicals, but Steven Universe's music is fantastic.

Better because budget would go to were it counts.

When you were a kid, if you'd hurt a kid in the same way Connie did, you'd probably be overreacting in the same way she did. Even if the act itself looked innocuous and not nearly as violent as she made it out to be, she described it the way she did because she was worried about the kid she hurt and she felt bad for hurting him. Worry and guilt are hellacious feelings on their own; compounded together, they're a massive mindfuck.

>Doesn't like crappy musicals
>uhhhh um like go listen to your rap pls????
literally the equivalent of "go play cawwadoty" you get from RPGfags.

I hate using buzzwords but I found the musicals in this ep to be cringey as hell. It felt super out of place. I was looking forward to an actual all out battle between them, not a.... uh.... musical battle, straight out of MLP: FiM where the mane 6 fight off Nightmare Moon. if you're gonna make it an action cartoon with 'so deep lore' and shit keep it serious for when it counts and keep the musicals for the more upbeat episodes where there's not as much going on. This episode is where the show started to lose me because I anticipated it being a pivotal turning point in the show but it was handled really lightly.

>All the music in the show from now on is done by Merzbow
m.youtube.com/watch?v=G4g2Zjolsa0
Does the show get better or worse?

Fuck his fee fees. I hate how season 2 has made so many episodes seem like filler.

Oh muh gorsh Yellow Diamond is gonna come kill us, welp better see what Lars is up to.

Worse.

Music is not the show's problem.

>Oh muh gorsh Yellow Diamond is gonna come kill us, welp better see what Lars is up to.

EXACTLY. Also, SU fags keep forgetting before we were even introduced to Jasper and YD, they hyped Peridot up for like 3-4 eps making her seem like she was going to be a villain, only for her to turn out to be the main villain's lackey's lackey. Like, what? What purpose for misleading other than creating more filler in between that time? This show is such garbage, and the fandom overemphasize the little bit of lore they throw the viewers every once in a blue moon. Its ridiculous.

I would certainly come back to it if that were the case.

if you are lookin for cringy unnecessary music its all in Mr.Greg. Episode is nothing but a musical.

Stevonnie as a fusion or as a ship ?

Except the tone and aesthetic of that episode was literally perfect for a musical.

Better, but it would still be unwatchable.

I liked Mr. Greg and I think Stronger than You is a really shitty song. The Undertale parody is better

Anything Pearl sings is good though, and I fucking hate Pearl as a character

Okay, Arin

Mr. Greg Episode had bad songs. There was only one good song.

>Stronger than You is a really shitty song. The Undertale parody is better

bait

oh for sure it was setup really well but steven's song and some of greg's wasn't very good imo

Stronger than you is shit.

The best one so far is "Here comes a thought".

the tone and aesthetic were good but the songs are bad.
Ain't the point of a musical is to have good music and songs to tell a story.

I can't trust anyone who says that anything related to Undertale is better. You knew that when you dedicated that thought into words.

>Implying I'm that undertalefag

But no really, "Here comes a thought" is a lot better.

Big question: What's with all the faggots making 2-3 daily threads to shout about how much they hate Steven Universe?

Why do you actually dislike it?

>M-Muh SJW undertones
It can get preachy but compared to other shit people discuss here it isn't as bad. A recent episode of Star Vs. unironically mentioned a character "fights the patriarchy", not even SU has been this outward about it.

Worse. I fucking love musicals.

>SJW undertones
>pepe reference
pick one

Worse. They managed to mingle the music very well with the setting and storytelling.

the show is already garbage so i doubt anything would make it better.

If SU had no music, that could still be a "musical episode". Lots of shows had specials that were musicals. Wander Over Yonder recently had one.

what happened to sug? i havent been on here in a while

shows stuck in hiatus for now

Here comss a thought was pretty good

Shame it was completly misused.

It would make it tolerable

Better.