Why is Steven Universe good?

Lesbians ham fisted sex metaphors.

Plot is well written and exciting

DBZ style story arcs

Soundtrack is GOAT

Steven is fun to watch

Lesbians

>Plot is well written and exciting

I gave it a shot at the beginning and it was boring as fuck, didn't care about the characters at all, couldn't find a reason to keep watching

>DBZ style story arcs

If this happens later on in the show, I wouldn't know

>Soundtrack is GOAT

Only song I can remember is the opening, and it was pretty bland

>Steven is fun to watch

No

>Lesbians

Pandering

Well, thats your loss.

And as for soundtrack, I was referring to the BGM, not the sung tracks. (Even though those are also pretty good.

youtu.be/akk40fqmLKs

People who say they hate Steven Universe always quit at like episode 2 or something, every single last one. And yet they judge the whole show based on that.

The comic seems pretty faggy. Track was good though.

Is the fanart referencing something?

>At the beginning

It takes a while for the show to get truly good.

it does take a bit too long to be good - longer than most people are accustomed to waiting

if Sugar's name hadn't been attached to it, there probably never would have been enough buzz for it to get past the initial 26 episode order

can you fuckin imagine
>Lapis flies off
>"What does this mean for us?" "We wait and see"
>thats just the fuckin end of the show forever

i've heard people say they didn't really get into it until the barn episodes

like, how little can you value your time to stick with something you don't like for that long

I think it's just an AU where everyone is evil/fucked up in the head. More than in the actual show, I mean.

Heres the rest of the comic. Pretty sad senpai

I stopped after the episode where Amethyst was wrestling, if that tells you anything.

I only know about the other SU.
Lois plays a role in it. ;p

Some people put their TV as just noise or watch shit between friends online.

Keep watching untill Episode 25. If you don't enjoy it still, you won't like the rest of it. Just remember, this show has been going for four seasons now and it's the only cartoon on CN with a continous non episodic plot to go for that long. Obviously something's working.

Stop watching shitty shows, OP. Problem solved.

Then what's the point? Why would I intentionally waste my time watching shit, especially shit that people that actually enjoy the show acknowledge is shit, when I can just, I dunno, watch something that's good from the very start?

>Keep watching untill Episode 25
>it does take a bit too long to be good

This is a great barometer for such poor quality, it's a wonder that people wanted to watch this crap in the first place.

>Plot is well written and exciting
This entire season nothing has happened.

A N I M E

>I didn't watch it, but I know it's bad because it fits into a criteria that I made up

>I dont enjoy it currently.
>Well you might enjoy it if you watch a little more.

That's all I'm saying. Personally I've been hooked since the first episode back in 2013 for different reasons than I enjoy it now. Your opinion (while pleblike) is your opinion.

>You're not allowed to criticize a flaw unless you watched the entire thing
Congratulations, you unlocked the secret to criticism immunity, put everything good at the end so that the only people who get to it are guaranteed to like it, and anybody who points out how stupid this is isn't entitled to their opinion, because "they didn't watch it"

Yeah, Season 4 has been crap so far other than two episodes. Not trying to deny that. I think they weote themselves into a corner with the Jasper, Bismuth, and Rubies all for intents and purposes fucking dead

If I liked Undertale will I like this show?

You will love it.

I also like thicc. From what I've seen in fanart Amethyst and Sadie look cute.
Is Sadie plot important?

I wish I had your cynicism. It's literally impossible for me to drop things because I have a completionist mentality. Then I get the stockholm syndrome of bad cartoons and end up unironically defending shit I used to hate.

She's pretty prominent.

More Sadie gif

pandering
lots and lots of pandering

>at the end
It gets good within the first season. You're just impatient

I mean, I don't know what you want me to say, you literally didn't watch the show. You have to actually experience something to be able to criticize it accurately, and you didn't. S4 has been pretty bad so far, and it's just meandering at the moment. I know that because I watched the show. It's like looking at only the corner of a painting and deciding that it's shit from just that corner, because you've arbitrarily decided that corners are "barometers of quality"

The episodes are like ten minutes long, three SU episodes is like 1 of your animes or six of your live action shit.

Half a season is not impatient, it's poorly paced. What you're suggesting is that people shouldn't be allowed to criticize a bad decision on the part of the show, because they "didn't watch the show", even though that bad decision is what caused them to stop watching in the first place.

Well, you can say that the first season is bad up until Jailbreak or Giant Woman or whatever. A lot of people do. But you say the whole show is bad when you've only only seen less than one of 3 and a half seasons

Even if I could get past the length, from what I've heard, the "good parts" are shit like this, all sorts of romantic subplots and love triangles that would normally be eye-roll-worthy but are apparently groundbreaking because lesbians, and dead mom angst.

That's sort of how opinions work. If you don't like a show, you generally consider it to be bad. That isn't always the case, but usually it is. If a show doesn't get good until 25 episodes in, that speaks badly on more than just the first season, it speaks badly on the people who decided for it to be like that, the same people who presumably continue to write for the show past the first season.

The show isn't bad up until 25, though, that's simply when the major plot starts to unfold. Episodes before that were already critically acclaimed.

Those same animes or live action shows might now take until halfway through the season to get good though. Ten minutes or sixty, waiting until halfway through your 52 episode season to get good reflects badly.

To you maybe, I found them to be boring, and not worth my continued viewing. Based on that, it now raises the question of whether people who didn't like the first few episodes actually would like past episode 25, or whether it's just fans exaggerating the quality of those episodes like they do the early ones.

>watching currently airing cartoons
Kill yourself.

Well you heard wrong. That comic isn't even about romance, it's about fusion. Jasper essentially went insane during the time her and Lapis spent fused and she doesn't know how to live on her own anymore.

The only real romantic subplots so far are Steven and Connie, and Pearl's angst over Steven's mom, which is done very well.

>it now raises the question of whether people who didn't like the first few episodes actually would like past episode 25
judging by the amount of people who staunchly stand that everything before jailbreak is filler garbage, yes

Most critics of the show agree it just gets better and better after 25, so no. There's a legitimate reason the plot is so hyped up.

In what fucking way does this have DBZ style story arcs

>Thread isn't about Steven Universe but mentions it
>Cred Forums gets assblasted about it and talks about how much it hates the show and tumblr boogeyman shit
Jesus Cred Forums, you need to stop with this shit

Season 1 is pretty much The Saipan Arc desu

Because of best boy

ive watched it until a few episodes after the cluster arc. it is not that great of a show, i like the characters but most episodes are boring as hell.

I meant the comic as part of a list of things I heard the show was about, of which romance was one, not that the comic itself was about romance. I'm sorry if the wording was strange. Either way, romantic subplots and angst are generally automatic downsides in my book. They killed my enjoyment of Avatar during the last season, as well as after the season finale of Korra.

Well, considering Adventure Time's gotten the axe, he hasn't got much choice. It either TTG or PPG2016 that's left. You can thank pic for that.

Well, the show purposely chooses to stray away from that kind of stuff in favor of more unique character arcs. The small amount of romance in the show is handled with care.

There is nothing in SU even CLOSE to ATLA or LoK.

Nuke CN

Are they repeating the same thing they did with this faggot

Isn't Sonic Boom season 2 starting soon?

ITT: Butthurt over cartoon featuring lesbians.

Here, have more butthurt with agender kid!

even the fucking Flowey's motto was kinda referenced with the beetle

Yah the 3 episode rule.

Is that Frisk?

No, it's Soup.

He sure does look like Frisk, though.

>agender kid
wat
I'm sure you are jesting for the Hell of it.

You could always pick up an anime.

Why do you people think the show is popular only because lesbians and not because we actually like it? Lesbians are such a minor thing, you could remove it and it'll essentially be the same show.

Also, I liked it ever since episode 2, sure it gets better but the beginning is not bad. I'd got watched like 3+ episodes and it didn't grab you, then this isn't for you, it's that simple.

Knowing how last season went, you'd have to wake up at Godawful O'clock on a weekend just to see it.

>Just remember, this show has been going for four seasons now and it's the only cartoon on CN with a continous non episodic plot to go for that long.

Adventure Time is on it's 7th season??

it's almost like all of those things are subjective, and people who like it like it, and people who don't don't, but sure, let's shitpost it into the ground.

RWBY is coming back soon.

>Adventure Time
>non episodic

We got more lore from the first season of SU than the entirety of AT

People who generally disliked the show until ep 25 but persisted because of what happens there are mostly now disappointed, I promise. If you don't like most of episodes 7, 9, 12, 16, 20, 22, and 23-24, you're just going to become another person who whines loudly every time the episode isn't about homeworld/the gem war

>People hating the first bunch of SU episodes
Why? They're not perfect but I always thought the starting episodes were enjoyable

Untrue I've watched everything from the start to the latest episode and it's still bad. This show is just tumblr wank and Cred Forums only likes it cause of waifus and fetish material, just like almost every show Cred Forums likes

I stopped watching after the Cluster episode and Hit the Diamond. I can safely assume the show is now irredeemable shit

There's been a lot of filler since, but there's also been some pretty solid episodes, too.

Oh Cred Forums always so negative. "Everyone and everything is always shit, always."