Does Cred Forums play DCUO? is it any better then it was a couple of years ago?

does Cred Forums play DCUO? is it any better then it was a couple of years ago?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=cDCbqs8mJqY
forums.daybreakgames.com/dcuo/index.php?threads/development-update-the-stats-revamp.279504/
twitter.com/AnonBabble

I never played but the PS4 version must at least playable unlike the PS3 version.

I would play it, if it ever finished fucking downloading.

Customization is lacking and end game is locked behind a pay wall, Champions online has really good customization but ehh combat

I still play it. Made it up to level 108 and just fuck around from time to time.

Customization only picks up after you unlock styles from loot.

Talking about DCUO, my dream superhero game would be Teen Titans (comicsverse) with a mixture of inFamous and Arkham gameplay but with four characters at the same time.

I play this because it gets a lot more support then Champions online, and i'm not really a fan of ARPG's like Marvel Heroes, It's a shame though because Champions Online's choices of Customization really made you make a hero that you wanted plus the fact that you could make your own custom super-villian for your char to fight was dope as shit which sucks that the devs abandonment it and just continue to make cash shop items

Gonna buy a monthly membership because like folks said, good shit is paywalled.

>played it every day for a few weeks
>constant reminders about paying money for items slots or other shit
>game actively shits on you for being f2p
In the list of shit you shouldn't do as an MMO alienating new players should be the last thing you do.

I wish all current Superhero mmo's weren't shit

We can never go back.

>Batman and his worst enemy The Joker
>Superman and his worst enemy Lex Luthor
>Wonder Woman and Batman's frienemy Catwoman?
Wonder Woman PROVEN to have a shit rogue gallery. None of her villains are good enough to put on the cover.

But Circe's voice though.

Reminds me of the English VA for Ryoko.

ALL MMOs are shit

Wish we had an mmo with the powerset and customization of Champions and the combat of DCUO that shit would be dope

Circe is my goddess

So disappointed when I learned she wears something under that loin cloth.

>finally got one of my OG characters up in the hundreds
>he's mentored by Circe
>turns out there's two Circe inspired gear sets
Sweet Jesus

youtube.com/watch?v=cDCbqs8mJqY

I never got a chance to play City of Heroes so I can't comment on stuff like that, but I do mostely enjoy this game, its my first MMO. The missions and side missions that bring you up to level 30 are packed and fun as fuck, but after that it does get kinda tedious, but still fun the first couple of times you play through it.

If you're gonna get into it I suggest spending the 30 dollars for the Ultimate Edition because it comes with a good amount of DLC attached. The first few DLC after that are like 10 dollars I think. I know this isnt the best game so don't bother if you don't like it/ dont want to spend the money. They started doing an episode thype thing, which is like a DLC a month for 4 bucks.

First round of DLC is pretty cool, rainbow corps, New Gods, Amazons, pretty good stories that the episodes contine to expand on. Powers are nice, atomic, fire and,electric are my favoritesso far

What's worth playing Marvel Heroes,DCUO or Champions? I've been in the mood to play a superhero game

Oh, my goodness.

OH MY DAYUM.

Isnt Marvel Heroes getting shut down? And I thought Champions already was?

Played this for a while, decent romp with fun storylines.

>Customization of Champions Online
>Combat of DCUO
>Users can submit heroes and villains to appear in future updates as NPCs/Bosses/Questgivers
>Lore GMs you can talk to in order to help you improve backstory of your characters for those that care
>Different sections like "Golden Metropolis", "Gritty City", "Coastal town", "Alien City", etc

I loved the setting and the leveling experience but the end game being "just go there and run instances" in a gear treadmill mess just burned me out of the experience.

Marvel Heroes just got new Luke Cage shit and Champions Online runs on pure cashshop cosmetics

Avengers Alliance is what shut down.

I liked Marvel Heroes a lot, but it's been awhile since I've played. I usually drop it for awhile then come back to it later. The game is Diablo-style Action RPG, not the more traditional MMO style of DCUO and CO, so if you prefer one over the other that's the deciding factor.

Marvel Heroes isn't worth playing after getting a hero to max level but in all honesty stick with DCUO, Champions online had a lot going for it and had a lot of cool shit that DCUO didn't have like having more then 2 Zones, you could go to a Metropolis like city, A radiated desert and fight gamma mutations, An island filled with monsters, Canada. The character customization and powers where so much better too, Like did you want to be a Magic Werewolf that can use gadgets and burrow underground to get around? you can be that! A Zombie Solider that flies around in a Bat-wing-like plane? you got it. The problem is that once StarTrek Online came out PW abandoned the game and the only content that came out was cash shop shit and then they butchered PVP to the point no one plays it anymore

Oh thanks, my bad
I'm glad they kinda reworked the first mission. That shit was so annoying to work through whenever making a new character. And now you can skip the first bunch of levels and go straight to level 25

>get to level 30 as a F2P
>Can't wait to do Solo's and Duo's!
>First DUO i get too is a Mission Instance I did during level 25 with the same enemies only a little buffed up

Yeah, the only new stuff off the bat is just the novice raid.

The other raids are entertaining.

It's interesting that just now DCUO is going through a huge revamp of the game, Im looking forward of the stats change and powers change

What is it about these games that inspire uncreativity when it comes to character creation, I always see like 3 deadpools a Hulk, and a Superman

DCUO comic was pretty fun

Was planing on playing STO on my console is that any good?

I mean, I get everyone eanting to dress up as their favorite hero, I have a Namor styled character. But fucking Deadpool, everywhere I look. Maybe the character creator isnt so good, but it's not that hard to make something new. Everytime I see an all black, dual wielding character I cringe

I just want a Flash game. They've proofed you can do superpeed with Saints Row 4. But in the Flash game they should add bullettime mechanic too or something.

It's a game

How so?

Played a little time, got around lvl 20 and stopped.
I don't think this is the kind of game you should play alone. Sometimes you meet players but they suddenly disappear and you never play with them again.

The game constantly remind you that you have to play. It's quite frustrating especially when it comes to powers.

And god, people are either uncreative as fuck or really bad at it.
What's the point of creating an fake Superman.

I have a villain based of both Emerson Dr.Polaris and Nichol Dr.Polaris. And another hero based of Metamorpho and Swamp Thing with grotesque looking guy with plant powers. And I always see Hulks and tryhard edgy characters.

Zone chat is fucking cancerous as hell too

>all 6 mentors are white people
>All colored characters a sidekicks or characters that get there asses kicked

>start remembering all the cool heroes i made in Champions years back
>had a gadget themed guy called The Hood
>my brickshit house moose themed character
>a Flea themed character that jumped really high and kicked the shit out of everything
>all that customization
>i have to pay 15 a month to play any of those characters because of they all have custom powersets
>it's just not worth it
>

>all six mentors are biggest heroes and villains in DC (and also Circe)
>both colored, white, and alien side characters get their asses kicked throughout the game

Fire got her ass kicked by a bunch of Omacs and had to retire like a pussy meanwhile a WHITE hero like Nightwing fights with you through the boss and helps you out

>playing MMOs

No thank you I enjoy life

The same thing happens to Killer Frost on the villains side though

Maybe if they fixed PVP, Worked on the nemesis system a bit more or just added content that wasn't cosmetic cash item bullshit i'd resub, seriously is there even an endgame in champions?

Will they change the payment model?

I'm most looking forward to this no powerpoints thing.

Nah, I don't think. If you want to check out the changes to come

forums.daybreakgames.com/dcuo/index.php?threads/development-update-the-stats-revamp.279504/

Me too, Im tires of choosing 1 power that I don't want to get the one I want

tired*

so should i play this over champions? Champions looks a lot more fun

>XXxD3ath5trok3xXX

>
> We can never go back.

Goddammit user, now I'm sad.

FUCK, City of Heroes was a great game, warts and all. (sigh)

>Champions Online runs on pure cashshop cosmetics

To be fair, they have a really big 'end game' expansion on their test server.

I've not logged on for a few days to check on progress though. CO gets a steady stream of players.

It's not half the game CoH was, despite having MUCH better internal mechanics.

nice

I played the ps3 one just fine years ago when I played it with one of my friends. As far as I can tell he had no issues either and haven't heard of many others suffering either. Worse thing that happened to us was the like 7am maintenance that kicked people out.

I heard the next power is going to be water-based and there's a possibility of an Aquaman DLC complete with an explorable Atlantis. If that's true, I'm definitely getting back into it.

I played up until shields were introduced then I kinda stopped playing got back into it a few months ago. I still love this game but like others have said, you need a friend to play with. At the very least a guild that isn't tryhards.

It'll probably just be a few blocks, like Central City.

End game expansion? do tell!

Shields are the best
>that 8 hti combo that ends in a backflip kick
the fucking greatest

>Decide to log on
>see someone called Luk3 Cag3
>Powerset seems to match, Brawling and whatever
>See his partner Punish3r
>Costume pretty decent
>See him Running around with a Knife and summoning fucking robots

Have you seen the latest CoT alpha video? They're showing off cape animations and arent too far from releasing a costume creator for us to play with until the game goes into beta

Thanks for the reminder, user
>We never had a full collection of Dexters

The VA's in the game are all great.

How? Robin sounds like a full-grown adult.

I honestly wish developers got rid of 30 level limit.
It just got so boring for me. There's nothing left to achieve except for special armor and since I played as a Joker's goon and saw what (incredibly ugly) super-armor our kind wears, I lost all interest.

7/10

>Playing against another player
>Damage Buff
>Damage Buff
>Damage + Damage Buff
>Master Skill
>2k of damage
>mfw

Rest well sweet prince. I fear we shall never know your like again.