>fills every title with gay characters and gender related issues

Why is this allowed?

boom is pretty much soft-R content

not even remotely close to kid-friendly

They are trying to appeal to a non-existent market

>Why is this allowed?
because it sells

Nobody cares about BOOM.

>Boom!Box: Experimental and "gleeful" imprint that publishes content for kids and adults

They aren't kid-centric user. I mean they have a line of children's books but they also publish things like Polarity which is about a drug addict that gets different powers from different drugs and they also published Irredeemable/Incorruptible which has a sixteen year old supervillian named Jail Bait and features a mother/son sorcery team that gets their powers from incest sex magic.

>Backstagers
That actually looks cute and distinct.

Their imprints like Boom!Box and kaBoom! are definitely targeted towards kids

I need deets on that last thing.

Yeah, and they make some pretty good comics
The mother/son sex magic thing? It's not sexy, they are old.

Oh. I was hoping for some /ss/.

No the sons like 40. There's also a transexual supervillian named Mother Eve that tries to force herself on a girl.

Its as if they are trying to parody the tumblr art, almost.

>kids shouldn't know about gay people
>especially not Little Jimmy who has two daddies
I'm sure you'll fare well in court.

These comics all look like hipster shit.

It's okay, but very much Lumberjanes with an all-boy cast. Supernatural shenanigans in a theater group instead of a summer camp. Varying levels of gay undertones.

>Why is this allowed?

Because you haven't made your safe space safe enough yet.

Damn. That "Tumblr art" thing is starting to look less like a meme.

Also, while "licensed" is a dirty word with comic publishers on the indy scene, its neat how Boom and IDW can take the properties and take them in new and interesting places.

Like how Adventure Time is slightly off its original version, with more focus on weird adventures and more finely tuned emotional stuff. Think Finn and Flame Princess are still a thing, as its more overt with Bubblegum and Marceline.

It'd be neat if they started an ongoing Steven Universe comic with a more proper balance of adventure and weird town stuff

I'm a hardcore Power Ranger fan and Boom has been handling the comics extremely well. So I can't hate on them. Plus, those kid friendly comics have cute colorful art. I'd totally buy Over the Garden Wall or whatever Cartoon Network stuff I like.

>publishes supposedly kid-centric comics
>they had an entire saga of Lovecraftian comics
nigga what

>these are comics young girls are supposed to read according to the western comics market
Now I get why so many young girls like reading about their favorite bishounen getting eaten alive by giant naked man or seeing a random teenage girls get almost raped by a random love interest. At least manga has some salt.

That's because Boom is the hispter shit brand. Adventure time, OTGW, and Regular Show comics are Boom, remember.

Dark Horse is the edgy shit (Alien, Dredd) and IDW is the "capes that aren't big two" brand.

I dislike how much Adventure Time uses the "drop characters into a plot that no one has memory of and explain everything slowly only to rewrite continuity and make it never happen in the first place" plot, but I really like how the AT comic experiments with the medium. That flowchart issue was super fun and I'm tempted to grab a backissue of that upside down comic since I skipped it on computer.

>implying the existence of gay characters in kid-friendly media is a bad thing

You're a fuckin' faggot, dude.