I hear people following writers most of the time but does anyone collect titles based solely on artist?

i hear people following writers most of the time but does anyone collect titles based solely on artist?

Why is Diana the only one with legs in that picture?

Sure. I mean, I was almost ready to suffer through Scott Lobdell's shitty writing just to look at Kenneth Rocafort's art.

Because the artist is a lazy hack.

I follow artists more than I do writers.

Ultimately, I prefer cartoonists.

Take it back fucker. You're the worst. I'm taking the bait, whatever.

I'd buy anything Rocafort if I could

I kind of do both but there's a limit to it. I'm not going to read something that sounds completely unappealing in concept regardless of who is on it; neutral feelings are usually how I find new things but I won't do something that I know I'll hate. I'm not reading anything by a shitty writer even if it's an artist I love. I'm not reading anything by a shitty artist (and this is important, I mean visual plotting coherence rather than just art aesthetic) even if it's a writer I love.

no cape.

>muh colors
He's shit.

I love cartoonists too. Darwyn Cooke is based. R.I.P.

I also follow artists more than writers. I've actually dropped books in the middle of a writer's run if I don't like the next artist.

Anything Dustin Nguyen. I don't even care if the writer is shit. I will still buy it. Even if it's a random issue.

I have Writer/Artists I collect. But not just artists.

I'll read anything with Tradd Moore.

Quitely is god

That guy is awesome. Made me love the Robbie Reyes Ghost Rider.

People seem to do it with Jim Lee, for what it's worth.

I'll read anything if Sean Murphy is the artist.

tim sale.

I follow writers since comic books are a storytelling medium and they typically have the biggest impact on whether or not I can enjoy/follow a story, but I also like the art to be good and terrible art can totally detract from an otherwise great book.

I mostly follow cartoonists. I like comics as personal works. Anything else I'm probably more interested in the artist than the writer.

Go to bed Brodie.

Don't you dare come in this thread and shit on the importance of coloring in comics art.

It's amazing how big a following he has still.
Hush was basically advertised as "Jim Lee draws tons of Batman shit" and his popularity is still really high over a decade later.
Too bad ASBAR is as good as he's gonna get and his current SS is mediocre as fuck.

Even things he writes?

Why is Steph Spoiler and not Batgirl if Babs is Oracle?

I like Jim Lee's art. I don't typically like house style comics either but it just shows how effective his art really is because it can transcend that and appeal to me. I think it just has a cool edge to it that creates a very badass experience. I wouldn't like him if his art didn't change over time though. I actually feel like his art has evolved into something more sleek looking during his work at DC.

Tony S. Daniel is an artist I also like. I feel like he is Jim Lee 2.0

Who's Martha Washington talking to at the bottom?

I'll read anything Miller, Quitely or Tradd Moore draw. Other than that I feel like even good artists tend to be too constrained by bad writers. The art in a book has to be really interesting to cover for bad writing

Cass in the foreground

I love Jim Lee's art but its consistently ruined by the colorists in everything he does.

They all do the same plastic looking shit that just does not mesh at all with his style.

JrJr and Marco Rudy are insta buys for me.

I follow Brazilian artists, really don't care for the writers such nice they're mostly bad.

JrJr did such shitty work on Superman though.

Ivan Reis is the best at house style. PERIOD. No one can draw house style better than him.

Is Ed Benes Brazilian? He draws great ass like real Brazilian girls.

that looks pretty bad though

Wow, that is fucking horrible.

I don't mind his writing but prefer his other stuff.

>I mean visual plotting coherence rather than just art aesthetic
Holy shit, this.

A good comic artist is like the director of a movie. I'm more likely to see a movie because of the director, than I am for the screenwriter.

These seem antithetical

That looks like shit. Do you like it only because of the cheesecake?

To answer OP: Marco Rudy, Del Mundo, Coipel, Christian Ward

>reading comics for the story

An artist will bring me to a series more often than a writer, but it's usually the writer that keeps me there

Yes cheesecake.