JSA Storytime: Quasar

Good evening owls of Cred Forums,

How much worse does Wendell's life get today

Other urls found in this thread:

twitter.com/martinshkreli?lang=en-gb
scans-daily.dreamwidth.org/3529452.html
twitter.com/AnonBabble

Hello Storyteller.

>How much worse does Wendell's life get today?
Out of 10? Probably gonna be about a 7 or 8.

He finally decides he'll forgive Eon, JUST in time for him to get killed by the mystery threat that has been built up the entire book.

I just made that up, if that's a spoiler, I'm sorry, but I can't think of a way for his life to get any worse after last time.

he needs so many hugs

Literally minutes ago:
>@DCComics
>With #Supergirl returning on 10/10, #DCAllAccess gets details on the arrival of the Legion of Super Heroes!

Just clickbait though, jammed in almost at the middle and maybe less than 20 seconds actually about the Legion. And no real details and just confirmed Mon-El would show up. I'm pretty sure the video is for normies because the guy tried to play it as if it's some mystery how that will ultimately turn out.

Timing was funny though, thought a DC intern might post here and wanted to give us news to discuss. Alas, it was nothing.

;___;

we may be on a clock fellow JSAnons

Oh shit, we're getting heavy today

?

apparently hiro is running out of money

Oh, shit.

Wh-what does that mean? Will we be sold again?

or an alternative new horror future awaits us:

twitter.com/martinshkreli?lang=en-gb

>When you die, the bundle of energy that was you dissipates--returns to the world.
Huh. How very Gunnerkrigg Court. Never figured Wendell for a pantheist.

Ugh. The lack of any real news is fucking killing me.

does this mean newm00t is gonna sell Cred Forums Gold accounts?

DAMMIT MAKKARI

Who knows? That or ads passes and/or board deletions. /qa/ is going nuts, you can look there.

It's not like this place has ever been anything but a money suck. Save us, moot.

WORSE THAN DEATH

Being Wendell is suffering.

I got Ororo of Themyscira in a bargin bin today along with some other comics and DEATHBLOW 1.

NYCC don't fail me now!! I don't know how disappointed I'll be when it's not King.

Mark from Peep Show is the kind of asshole who'd put money in Cred Forums.

Scruffy Wendell doesn't give a fuck

Ummmm, does 7chan still exist?

Hey OP.
Being sick blows nuts.

Yeah, there are still a lot of fringe chans around.

7chan still exists but the interface is fucking awful and activity is pretty dead.

Sort of fitting as the end though. Sometimes Deathurge wins.

The good news here is that if Iceman can beat Oblivion, Quasar should have no trouble, right?

I mean, I actually like(d) Iceman (until it turned out his entire life was a series of cowardly lies/Jean changed his sexuality), but he's not got a long history of being a stand out solo character, especially in the late New Defenders era Oblivion was created in.

eight-chan is all pedos and fascists now, right?

>we can 100% ship this

it DOES

Makkari pulling ahead in the best boy race

Dang, I am tired.

Wendell, you work with people who have died before. Thor is capable of opening a gate into a realm of the dead where actual souls actually go after death.

>eight-chan is all pedos and fascists now, right?
>now

>eight-chan is all pedos and fascists now, right?
>now
That's why it was made in the first place. It was supposed to be a place to get away from Cred Forums, which had succumbed to the "SJW agenda"(Yes, really. If you think this place is bad now, remember that the worst went off and formed their own fucking site.).

.... Y'know, if Cred Forums does die, JSA Storytime is pretty much the only thing I'll miss.

Yeah, that makes sense. Cred Forums was never a way to make money.

How moot managed for so long when he started the dang thing as a fucking teenager is kind of amazing.

supporting casts, how I miss them

ohhhhhh, that's right.

In the last thread, we see Wendell lose a handle in his surroundings. Friend being friendly with his girl, Eon being manipulative and the father dead Wendell is down on his luck.

On the next issues, we'll get to see our cosmic avenger try to get a grip with his grief but his feelings are getting out of hand. His distrust with Eon got him hands off on this chosen one business. Then we see him go to some fancy dinner to get a hand in his business, hand over fist so to say.

Too bad Wendell plays into the hosts hand, who is willing to get his hands dirty with his underhanded tricks. Wendell gets manhandled to incapacitated as he looses he handle on his life.

On the other hand, someone higher up in the cosmic scale gives Wendell a hand and hands him great power to overcome the challenges. While his friends try to escape and get their hands full with the guards.

And blah blah

OK I give up, puns are hard.
This is the best arc of this run, imho

also I'm sending the BatO political incorrect panel to the banner contest, good luck to me

Whatever changes are coming down the pipeline, I don't think any of them will affect Cred Forums straight away. Even with storytimes this is nowhere near one of the busiest/highest usage boards.

Those are some awfully sexy nieces

>does this mean newm00t is gonna sell Cred Forums Gold accounts?

God, remember when those were a joke and not Cred Forums passes.

I don't even know where I'd go to discuss comics without Cred Forums. Every other place you have to make an account and deal with all the societal pretense of qualifying your statements enough so that when you reply to someone they don't get butthurt.

Fuck man.

I know, right? :(

>Supporting casts, how I miss them.
Right? They've been all but phased out, and the books have noticeably suffered for it. It's just less interesting when there aren't any named civvies you can get invested in, or when the main character is inexplicably able to do everything themselves.

or twitter which is just yelling into a void

Older stuff like this made me realize just how badly decompression fucked over and gutted the storytelling in modern comic books.

You'd think that the fact that at least at Marvel most books barely make it past issue twelve anymore and get interrupted by crossovers and events while they are at it would encourage writers to compress their stories more again to account for it. But unfortunately that doesn't seem to be the case.

7chan's still up. 420chan is too, I think, if you're down for DUDEWEEDLOL and /wooo/

+Cred Forums is still around with like, 12 posters.

Yeah, I'm exactly the same. This hole was made for me.

I don't know how far you got into Morrowind OP but this guy is pretty Divath Fyr

A reduction in the image size limit could put a damper on storytimes with rips.

ahh plus4chan, old memories.

i always forget 420

12andunderchan got nuked a while ago, I think

Oh, 420, that's memories

Not that far

I got distracted and the particular ways the game is clunky frustrate me

Well, this could be useful.

To be fair, people get butthurt when you make statements on Cred Forums too. They just throw more slurs at you when it happens here, because they're 12 year olds who think that's edgy and cool.

Fair enough. Divath is an ancient dark elf sorcerer who made four female clones of himself and married them.

It's really noticeable when you follow characters from their inception to modern stories. You notice that what could've been a single page would now be a whole issue.

Oooh, another good panel.

Don't worry, Shkreli is making flowcharts right now on how to turn edge into revenue.

>isthisasexthing.jpg

woooo selfcest

And of course this is the truly useful part.

Damn this is some next level cosmic shit. I love this kind of stuff, so easy to escape into.

now that could be a Cred Forums banner

Letting a bunch of stupid faceless anonymous posters get to you is idiotic.
I like it here, you can pretend that everyone is shitposting and being ironic that I can't take their racist and retarded statements seriously. It's how I survive Cred Forums and /int as a south east asain

yeah but when they get mad here they can't hold it against you forever into every future interaction and can't search through your post history* to find shit to feed their hate and other clique-ish nonsense

*unless you're a tripfag or repost the same images a lot

Smooth, Makkari, reaaaaal smooth.

Yeah, older stories tended to not only get wrapped up faster, you also tended to get more content in one or two issues than you get in six today. I think it also really fucked the possibility for character development on team books.

I feel that that vein of irony is gradually being eroded by Cred Forums desu

>implying I can't immediately identify any poster ITT elsewhere on the chans

aaaaaah

I think ther'es a page missing :(

Can you imagine the Outsiders we read decompressed?

And Captain Atom decompressed would have been about 1/10th of what we got through.

fuuuuuuuuuuuuck

Geeze, was someone reading Time Enough for Love when they came up with that one?

Well that was certainly one way for his day to get worse.

Well there was that one dipshit who tried trolling these threads for half a month cause OP called someone a shitlord, saying we were everything wrong with Cred Forums.
Which, if you think that's true, really makes me wonder what you THINK Cred Forums should be like.

oh RAH

THIS
IS
AMAZING

... Oh, so THIS is what Quasar was referring to in Infinity Gauntlet, when Thanos blew his arms off, and all he said was "Not again!"

Hell, look at this story. It's a seven parter but there's still a lot of stuff that happens every issue.

Michael Kirkbride was on whole bunch of drugs when he did his Morrowind stuff. And probably all the stuff after too.

The Telvanni are all weirdo wizard nutjobs though. There's a reading that makes Divath possibly the protagonist of the second elder scrolls game.

>Five grisly minutes later...

Wendell's the fuckin' best

>There's a reading that makes Divath possibly the protagonist of the second elder scrolls game.

>A PC retires into a life of Evil Overlording and fucking clones of himself.

Yeah, that sounds like what a lot of players want out of a game.

This is the big problem I have with decompression. Nothing fucking happens anymore.

Each issue needs to actually accomplish something, or it's a waste of the reader's time and money.

One of the reasons I really love TES of the Battlespire-Morrowind era is how much it plays with the narrative and its weird metaphysics. Like maybe Vivec just knows the fucking console commands.

They don't really do that anymore, RIP. Dragon's Dogma did a little of it once you actually got to the plot.

And it's a lot more money at that, with comics no 4-5 times more expensive than they used to be.

Heeeey, I just realized, now--Maelstrom is the jackass we see when Phyla makes her Very Worst Decision Ever and Wendell comes back on the board. Adds some depth if you go back and look at that again.

I miss this kind of shit in comics. Sure, it can misfire if you make it too pretentious, but a light and yet serious touch...

NGL I kind of wish Wendell never got the hands back and there was like a Wendell's Daily Life comic where Makkari had to feed him dinner and Kayla had to open doors for him and shit.

fuuuuuuck

i've definitely realized that the books i drop/move from are ones i finished and feel empty with.

then again i'm liking like Flash which is probably decompressed a bit too much so w/e.

I can't wait for Skywind desu
I love Morrowind to bits and I especially love playing as a Dunmer in Morrowind but damn if the game hasn't aged a lot.

Marvel can never really get rid of OG Captain Marvel

FYI Comixology has some good Green Arrow and Luke Cage sales

yeah, even with the patches, I'd sell you all into slavery for fast travel/better quest management

he's like Barry Allen but actually staying dead

Even though they seem to really want to.

Why is your go-to threat selling into slavery storyteller?

>mfw in 30 years some crazy hardcore Mar-Vell fan will manage to evict Carol Danvers from the title again

I imagine this was a great page turn

If they really wanted to go for shock value, they'd bring him back and let Carol kill him because of a Civil War 2 vision.

Quasar wasn't in the JSA OP. You're confusing Marvel and DC you casual.

punchy yet improbable

;_______;

lol n00b

>mfw in 30 years some crazy hardcore Mar-Vell fan will manage to evict Carol Danvers from the title again
>tfw it's Monica
It's a good decision 2bh

What I don't get is why the creators themselves do it. The obvious answer is laziness, but then you have really passionate people like Rucka and Scott who are taking their sweet ass time, when you'd think they'd prefer to just go ahead and tell the story they've wanted to for ten years. Gotta be an editorial mandate, right? And if so, why?

>feel their throbbing power
I bet you say that to all the boys.

I think I'm most disappointed that apparently the story they just HAD to tell was this very slightly tweaked origin story. Fucking seriously?

This stuff is just good cosmic, right? You aren't afraid to go weird, hard. You aren't afraid of letting your protagonist do crazy things. You go big on concepts like death and entropy and higher order consciousnesses but then you loop them into a normal life when the MC's dad dies or Mercury is looking for a roommate.

I miss when there were characters who were reliably dead.

And Jean Grey wasn't one of them unlike now, somehow.

At least there's a running faster mod.

Am I the only feeling this entire dinner party sub arc as being kinda /d/?

I feel like Rucka is just doing some continuity editing of what he didn't like, and other than that just writing the origin again except this time he puts his signature by it (which is pointless, but maybe an ego trip).

It's the balance between totally crazy shit like the mosaic planet and Wendell's honest emotions and down to earth supporting cast (and then there's Makkari). It feels like any kind of story can happen in this setting.

AHA!!!!!

I felt the hype for them was always a year one. maybe now she's off the island it'll pick up. i left the sharp stuff forever ago. seriously, such bad lettering

Monica has outgrown the title!

It's what he's always wanted. He has dreams of being ~definitive~ which he will be, for two years, until someone undoes everything he wrote and does their own version.

Is it wrong that I like scenes like this whenever they come up? Granted, I love Starlin's work and Captain Marvel was one of his first ones, so I've got a bias, but seeing a character's ghost show up for support always gets me in the feels.

I dropped Wonder Woman three issues in for being boring as sin.

It's such a waste of good art. I mean, how many WW origin retellings did we have in just this year alone?

I was hoping that "year one" meant "we get the origin stuff done in an issue and get off the island quickly"

But it's been what, three issues of origin?

Dang it, Heather, you just wanted into his pants?

i seriously think like 5.

Shit, I knew she was somebody, and that Dark Dragon comment made me think Moondragon, but damn it, here I am still blindsided.

WELL PLAYED, GRUENWALD. WELL PLAYED.

Moondragon's probably basically un-MCU able isn't she? Even if Drax weren't just some alien.

I always believed moondragon used to have a quasar fetish.

oh i totally expected like 12 issues of him and Scott doing "First adventure in Man's world"

now there's all the cheetah stuff that makes me wary bc I do not care about her.

Moondragon is kind of a monster and everyone's ok with it. But I was convinced she was gonna be the new Guardian member in the movie. at least Englehart will get to see his waifu in live action.

Kayla, you do NOT want to know about the Celestial Madonna, aka Englehart's Waifu.

>Dang it, Heather, you just wanted into his pants?

She wanted to fuck a Quasar. And she did! Even if it took another 15 year and Wendell getting eaten to happen.

LoWW
Morrison E1
Rucka/Scott
the new Jill Thompson thing?

I can see where some people are just loving all the details Rucka's putting in, but I'm bored, I want a Contrasting Run.

I'm not reading but I also get the impression that he's softening Cheetah up quite a bit? Perez Cheetah was pitiable by the end but also profoundly venal.

the best part of Celestial Madonna is the "Who will get to fuck Vision" part

There's a ton of Deep Cuts in DnA that I haven't really gotten and I'm starting to see the outlines of

I love that in comics, damn.

When do he "MOONDRAGON IS BISEXUAL" news articles hit?

He can control the density of his robo-penis. Who wouldn't want to fuck him?

Moondragon raped Thor

i'm only reading the year one stuff and she's just shown up as Minerva.

When enough people care about Moondragon for that to be newsworthy.

IDK, I just saw a bunch of people on Twitter almost in tears of happiness that the Lasso of Truth was used to help women confront their abusers, I have no idea what the context of that was

>I can see where some people are just loving all the details Rucka's putting in, but I'm bored, I want a Contrasting Run.
I was actually thinking the other day that someone needs to try something radically different with the IP, because we're all getting bored with this origins rehashing shit.

Honestly, I'd have Zeus, manchild that he is, straight up toss Paradise Island into space, and the plot would basically just be Macross with Wonder Woman. And yes, I realize that's similar to Space Pirate Diana, only now her supporting cast is present, but it's SOMETHING dammit!

Moondragon is pretty much for sexual.

>I love that in comics, damn.

No wonder we don't like most modern comics. They don't do that anymore.

I'd forgotten about that

Shit, I still owe everyone Thunderstrike, and maybe the Thor run that leads into it

don't kill us, newm00t, we have comics yet to read

Superior Foes as a stealth Thunderbolts book had some

Cliff Chiang once did art of WW as Pirate Queen Emeraldas that was pretty sick.

Ewing and Waid both are great at the deep cuts btw

hey but i think you figured out how to get some Amazon's in the Legion

guys, this is some /d/ we haven't hit before, damn

And that would only last about one writer, then get superseded by yet another new "definitive" origin by whoever comes in to replace them because for fuck's sake no one ever doesn't do that on Wonder Woman.

THIS
IS
STILL
AMAZING

Beauty, Truth and Charm are constantly writhing in sexual satisfaction and it is making my pants funny, dig?

someone please crop some terrifying Wendell for us all

Why is this so clearly sexual, yet not nearly as skeevy as Claremont doing stuff not nearly as on the nose?

When I fist saw this page I thought that the 1st panel looked like they're having a cosmic orgasm

I never would have thought this would be a comic to feature an orgy. Not that I'm complaining.

suffering: the page

The constant "One" is reminding me of that Penance mini of all things.

that's because they ARE.

I liked how Superior Foes continued on T-Bolts' path of developing and fleshing out the culture of the supervillain community. In general I like it when writers try to do some world-building.

Reused panels used to be so much more thought out and effective.
Fucking Bendis.

Here it's a deliberate choice that stands out for a reason as opposed to being the fucking default mode for the entire run.

what the fuck, Gru/Capullo, what the fuuuuck

>hey but i think you figured out how to get some Amazon's in the Legion
Well... the plot would center around the Amazons having to make allies in the DC cosmicverse.

One of which would be a Faustian deal with Vril.

Can you post it? That sounds awesome.

Yeah weird synchroncity

AAAAAHHHHHHHHHH

Using them sparingly tends to help.

fuck

DAMMIT GRU

Reading this is making me want the Avril Kincaid Quasar to do something faster, and drag Wendell with her.

Wendell having a crisis of confidence and somehow getting the bands off fits him so well as a character, and decompression seems to have killed the wind in that story ship.

And I just realized something... could Kobik have Hydra'd Wendell? Or is Wendell too pure?

scans-daily.dreamwidth.org/3529452.html

>lil death is written by Adam Warren

>Harvey comics

On that note- You know what I found out yesterday on Wikipedia? Apparently Tom DeFalco invented the Archie Digest format.

Hmmm, that makes sense. Wendell's not the kind of dynamic personality that Cap is--Cap is putting his back into being the best lil' Hydra he can be--but crisis of confidence is a very Quasar story, and Spencer is a homework-doer.

But that plotline ain't going anywhere as far as I can tell, as you said.

...WE JUST GOT EVEN MORE METAL

WE CAN'T STOP HERE

Forget Cred Forums banner, that last panel is me.banner

>Wendell is so pure his blood is innocent enough to transform Danny.

I feel like Captain Hydra book is struggling with servicing the amount of plots it has to carry and is suffering for it. The decompression sure doesn't help.

Oh right, I remember this. Long Diana is long. Just as Leijimoto would want.

Gigantor Superman is pretty great too.

I'm only up on scanning it on storytimes, but I get the impression that it's very ambitious but there's just too much to get through with how it's written/drawn.

Danny Ketch is never making it into a tv show or movie ever again.

i'm digging it, maybe just because the spy stuff is so different from most books. I really really love what it's done to Cap in other books.

Good.

Problem is that the book wastes a lot of panels on single lines and there are basically a lot of pages that could easily have been compressed to one or two. Issue 3 and 4 were the worst offenders.

In general the book feels ambitious but it's struggling with the pacing. It feels like Spencer has spend five issues just setting up the actual plot (which I suspect isn't going to go anywhere until next year).

A friend of mine is really into it because it's genuinely suspenseful what's gonna happen, etc.

The other problem with being really ambitious is that you're beholden to the plans and schedules of others

>dat monologue

absolute mad(wo)man

>but this moth is already on fire
I'm dying

It's 100% amazing

Should I call 911?

>The other problem with being really ambitious is that you're beholden to the plans and schedules of others

In relation to that, it might come back to bite Spencer in the ass if he did actually kill off Zemo but outsourced his resurrection to the Thunderbolts on-going with the way things are going.

Love the willingness to have these two cosmic henchguys be eating burgs together.

DC Superhero Girls also told her origin in either the comics or normal novel release (not sure which one tbqh)

This is just beautiful.

SKI DUDE!

>But this moth is already fire.
Dude, Danny, is it? That is a terrible metaphor. Reel it in, man.

God, they're called the Weird Sisters, but I'm 100% sure that Maelstrom met them in a cosmic brothel somewhere.

>Zemo finally manages to turn fully hero and get rid of all those nasty conniving, ubermensch aspects of his personality
>And all it took was a little supportive talking from Bucky Barnes
>Now here's some more Bucky for ya!

ready to letter-write campaign, owls?

Even the Stranger has needs, man

We'll write letters, you decide if more sigil magic is worth the risk.

The Rider is sorta Noble Kale. He's a distinct personality from Danny and is prone to top form comics melodrama. Let him his terrible metaphors for now, while he's still a good character. By the mid 90s he's all kinds of off the rails.

fuck yeah capes

user, I feel like you are making a mistake in assuming that Zemo is going to get enough page-time on the glorified Winter Soldier solo to develop any kind of personality in the first place, much less anything resembling his canon one.

This whole page is strangely anime? Dead Wendell is bishounen Wendell.

this book is good

Zub writing Zemo will be a disaster; Spencer might do it tolerably

>name of the first new Jessica Jones trade is UnCaged

i'm dying here

I am okay with Kid Reaper being Wendell's murderous little sidekick for the next little bit. He looks toyetic as all get out.

HOLY SHIT

are we in a shounen manga now

>HAIRESY

Ouch. Weapons grade punning.

This is incredible.

I had no idea the issue where Ghost Rider just suddenly shows up and kills The Hand's patron demon out of nowhere, totally neutering the Shadowland story in the process, had precedent.

It's pretty clever ngl

How could I not know the magnificence of this comic? I am shamed.

He's so PRETTY.

You ought to feel bad for her, after this she has to take a gig with DC in the Blood Pack.

are you shitting me???

is Bendis gonna break them up

Fingers crossed that Zub isn't gonna leave any lasting damage. Not just on Zemo, but the other Bolts, too.

yes and it's beautiful

I am 10000% down with bishounen Wendell Vaughn, Quasar Protector of the Universe

Who's going to care about Single Female Lawyer Jessica Jones?

Like, Cage is the only thing she has going for her, because Bendis wrote her hard into the background as "Cage's wife/babymama" and did nothing with he for like a decade.

>are we in a shounen manga now
Not quite, I mean, where's Wendell's equally handsome rival/enemy/friend?
I mean, sure there's gay ship potential with Makkari, but Makkari has rarely fought with him.

runaways kiddys are mad about Vision huh

What are they mad about?

>Single Female Lawyer

I guess Jen isn't lawyering anymore :(

it's fucking my brain because like her and Cage was obviously forever endgame right? and now for seemingly no reason they're splitting?

everything with Victor

How can he damage the Bolts when they're barely a presence in the damn book?

LOL

There's no rival but I guarantee you there's (imaginary) doujin with him and Makkari

This story arc is just /d/ central.

NGL, I'm kind of upset Victor's getting sacrificed as a plot point. He's basically the only character from that entire series I gave a crap about.

>Eon points out his weak points for Wendell to attack for massive damage.

He's a robot! that's easy af to retcon.

it's like no ones read Metal Men

Right down to the hero's sidekicks being the ones to fight the villains collection of minibosses. It's like Naruto, only it doesn't suck.

>I am 10000% down with bishounen Wendell Vaughn, Quasar Protector of the Universe
Pretty sure everyone is, Storyteller.

Yeah, Victor's pretty easy to fix, honestly

Oh yeah, apparently whatever she did to end up in jail caused everyone she was close to in the Marvel Universe (which, due to Bendis shoving her everywhere he could, was effectively half the Marvel Universe) to abandon her.
Weirdly enough, nobody's mentioned who's book lil Danielle Cage is going to be in.

It's at the point where I just don't know if I care enough about the health of the book to bother.

If the sales keep dropping hopefully they cancel it and just do a tie-in mini when they need it for the HydraCap stuff

I wish I knew anything I put my mind to

O___O

On the one hand, I hate the idiot ball

On the other hand, her pushing by Bendis has been insufferable

You'd think it would be something Civil War 2 related if everyone is gonna hate her.

>book lil Danielle Cage is going to be in

USAvengers

This is gonna be another thing where they don't clearly say what she did for ages (and probably because they haven't thought up anything for the answer yet), isn't it

That's future Danielle Cage (speaking of, can she fly like Jessica, or does she only have Luke's powers?) I mean baby Danielle. She's either in the Jessica Jones book, or the new Power Man & Iron Fist.

now that's a bunch of fucking randos

As has been mentioned, Bendis hasn't done anything with Jessica besides make her Luke's +1 since the end of "The Pulse", which was almost a decade ago.

I don't think she can fly, and yeah I saw the lil after i hit post.

>Why to stop the Earth's rotation, of course!
Well of course! Wasn't that obvious?

I miss the Marvel Universe feeling like an actual universe.

Oh man, what Danielle Cage ends up getting the Nathan Summers special and THAT'S why everyone hates Jessica, because she dumped her baby in the future so she could go get drunk,.

She occasionally shows up to shout about the baby, like when she got kidnapped by Skrulls

>[with cosmic knowledge] I can finally see my place in the scheme of things.

"I'm the starring character in a less popular, not very well known comic book!"

Well, poop

thanks for reading, and we'll cap this off tomorrow!

Well, most of them have shown up in this book at least.

Although I don't remember any side trips to Canada to meet the Twoyoungmens.

Hope this wasn't the last Cred Forums JSA Storytime ever!

oh wait BONUS PAGE TIME

gooooo Drax

>He even glitters like a man in a shoujo manga

At least it would tie in with Maelstrom's plan.

LOL

this book is really lewd

>Who's going to care about Single Female Lawyer Jessica Jones?
people who care about the show since bendis is probably just going to write that

Thanks for posting as always, Storyteller.

>THE DESTRUCTION... OF REALITY.... ITSELF!!!
Seriously, Maelstrom is a Doctor Who villain who somehow ended up in a cape universe.

It really is.

And yet you still come out of it feeling less dirty than something where Byrne has a pregnant 12 year old.

Honestly, this is the best 'big two anime-style' page I can remember ever seeing, partially because it isn't just purely weak-knees ignorant parody.

I would genuinely read a marvel manga in this style.

Ah, Gru and Capullo. We didn't know how good we had it at the time.

Capullo's still one of the best artists at big 2 desu

>Seriously, Maelstrom is a Doctor Who villain who somehow ended up in a cape universe.

So this is all Death's Head's fault, then?

Thanks again

All this only reminds me of Millar's take on The Doctor sadly

>that time Luke and Iron Fist helped not-The-Doctor fight off the not-Daleks

Thanks as always.
See you tomorrow, if Maelstrom doesn't kill Cred Forums by then.

thanks again OP

what do you think wendell's cosmic butt feels like

Thanks OP. I'll really miss these storytimes if Cred Forums is gone.

velvety

>Millar Doctor Who
Oh, that sounds like all kinds of ew. Storyteller, if we're still around for long enough, looks like we have a candidate for the next SoP.

Not the actual Doctor Who, but he wrote an evil analogue in his Authority run.

Yeah, but Gru is gone, and I was eleven when this was published, so I reeeeally didn't know much at said time, particularly how awesome this comic was while I was busy reading the more popular trash titles.

He doesn't have giant hands though. The opposite in fact.