Favourite superhero? Pic related

Favourite superhero? Pic related.

/thread

Mah nigga. Also pic related.

Hank Pym

he's not afraid to do what had needed to be done

I miss him.

I can't think of a single problem that couldn't be solved by building a big killer robot.

Same

Same

It used to be Spider-Man, but as I've gotten older it slowly transitioned to Superman. The more good Superman stories I've read, the more I began to see Superman as an inspiration for moral behavior. Joe Casey's Superman run 612-623
>Pic Related

whats not to like about spider man?

he is funny, he always strives to do the right thing, he cares about others, he never gives up

but he isnt infalliable, he developed his righteousness from an act he caused, he struggles to pay rent, he can barely pass his classes despite his intellect, he could have had a career as a scientist, a teacher, or photographer, but passed it all up so he could save just one more life

I'm a Danny fan too and legit am curious/nervous as to how they're going to adapt his costume

he won't get his mask or his costume

there will be some kind of reference to his suit but he will just be just a damn white guy the whole time

>he struggles to pay rent

Well not anymore. He's the CEO of Parker Industries so I doubt rent's a problem for him.

Peter was for a whole time, because I didn't have a lot of books in my house and libraries here didn't have comics until recently. Then, I got Internet, and found comics, and meet this awesome hard worker handsome bantering guy. I like Rogue a lot, too, since I was a child.

I now am also fond of Pym, and am starting to like the first Human Torch, thanks to Internet, too. And I like The Vision, because pretty colours. Yes, I confess: it's the colours alone.

Honorable mentions:
Scarlet Spider
Spider-man
Anti-Venom
Nova Prime
Deadpool

Oh! And Rebirth made me curious about Wally West, too. So after that, I went and read runs with him. I liked him a lot. Not very invested in many characters from DC, but I think I like that guy a lot.

Why did they nix this character? Really bad mistake.

And this was before he got his own series

His personality outside of the suit is lackluster at best and a shitty Clark Kent parody at worst. In the suit he's a retard tier no kill faggot.
I like Spider-Man, especially the Spider-Man stuff, but I think he's overrated.

My favorite superhero is The Fast because he is the flashest man alive.

I've gotten used to the Spaceknight design, but the tacticool look was just better in every way for Flash.

I'm still upset he's losing the symbiote.

for most of his career he was supposed to be a relatable everyman, he started out a nerdy geek since thats who read comics, and now that people have grown up and comics are now more mainstream, peter in turn has downplayed being an outcast

overrated? maybe, but given how is the most popular and beloved superhero of all time, theres something about him, some almost universal appeal, that allows him to touch so many people.

>In the suit he's a retard tier no kill faggot.

Yeah because killing people would definitely get Jameson off his back.

Superman is definitely my favorite, he's just such a pure character. He's the ultimate good guy, he fights bad guys and wants to help people no matter the odds. He can be in any story, serious or silly, fantasy or scifi. I think this is the true mark of a great cape character. Superheroes can transcend genre like no other.

Runner ups include
Booster Gold
Swamp Thing (inb4 pretentious retards insist he's not a cape character)
Jenny Sparks
Midnighter
The Thing

Except it kind of did. The second Otto punched off Scorpion's jaw, JJ changed his tune.

>e started out a nerdy geek since thats who read comics, and now that people have grown up and comics are now more mainstream, peter in turn has downplayed being an outcast
Are you retarded? This is the opposite of what's true. When Peter was created everyone read comics, through the 80s and 90s it became nerdy.

Pre KSD, B-lister Carol. Although I like her more as an anti hero.

If you think the reason he's a no kill fag is because of his public perception (or if the reason he does the things he does is at all tied to his public perception) you have absolutely no understanding of the character or his motivations.
This is a stupid comment or a bad joke.

>redwing
REEEEEE BLUEWING OR BUST.

That was just Slott being a faggot though. JJJ is best when he hates Spider-Man no matter what he does. JJJ could spin Spidey visiting kids in a cancer ward to be an evil deed.

She's one of my favorites, she's basically that optimistic friend of yours that will always believe in you.

> Scott Summers
> Frank Castle
> Illyana Rasputin
> Carol Danvers
> Cassandra Cain
> Hal Jordan
> Bruce Wayne
> Forever Carlyle

I really like blade for some reason. Even though he hasn't been in any comics recently to my knowledge, and that people who do like him are instantly seen as edgelords

That first arc is actually good, it's just in the context of Way "ZOMG ZOMBIE PRESIDENTS" seemed shitty.

user, you might want to re evaluate your idea of a Hero.

I love Hal Jordan a lot

>Daniel Way wrote the Deadpool game instead of Joe Kelly
why live

Of the choices of Emma available I have come to love beyond all others the post-House-of-M Utopia version of Emma.
It was a shame it wouldn't last but what twisted little fun it was.
A close runner up is "Mindee" Irma Cuckoo, who seems to share certain traits with Original Flavor Emma and is in the process of coming into her own.

Aka Rorschach ripoff

We got a real funny man over here.

Apart from these guys already posted, this blind motherfucker is one of my all-time favourites.

As a kid I always hated Daredevil more than any other superhero: how can he be any better than all those superheroes with ninja training who can see?
Of course, as I got older I recognized the story value of a risk taker of that extent, and the validity of the blind-ninja-master gimmick and eventually came around.
... until that Blind Batffleck movie with seesaw Electra.
Now I hate him again.

>B-but muh edge
Not everyone needs to be a kill-everyone-who-ever-wrongs-you maniac, like the Punisher, or you in your wet dreams.

I can see them going with the jumpsuit reminiscent of that Bruce Lee movie he's been wearing recently.

You have great taste user, love all those characters you listed.

Flex Mentallo is my favorite superhero, whenever I am feeling down and depressed and like nothing will ever get better I think of Flex and I gamble a stamp and try to be a real man.

Superman is a close second for very similar reasons, and then either Grendel or Jack Knight as Starman is third, for very different reasons.

Superman or Dr. Strange

One of the few superheroes to consistently punch above his paygrade. I appreciate his origins, his reinvention for the current landscape with Huston, and the unique take that other writers have brought to the character (Bendis, Ellis, Wood, Bunn).

Superman was already mentioned, so I'll just post a very close second.

52 and Rebirth need not apply.

Same, don't like the direction they're taking him in though. Peter works best as a street level hero.

MY BOYS

I may not always agree with him, and he may have some abysmal writers, but the character himself has always appealed to me.

>> Steve Rogers / Captain America
>> Thor - God of Thunder
>> Martian Manhunter
>> Ares - God of War (marvel)
>> Mera
>> Aquaman
>> Kate Kane / Batwoman

These are my favorites, so here's third place: Peej. I love her fun personality. Plus, she reminds me of my mom.

>Plus, she reminds me of my mom.
Post pics of your mom, please.

Who's the artist of this page? I like it.

Alex Maleev

spidey, forever and always, pete has been my nigga since I was 4 and despite some of the shittiest stories in comic book history he's still my favorite

Do cartoon characters count? If so then Steven. If not, Spider-Man hands down.

How do you justify him not only letting Carnage live but also attacking anyone who does try to kill him?

That explains a lot.

Wouldn't have tell, tho. Why more "brushy" than the other things I've seen.

I just love all the wacky machines and inane explanations for how he survived them. And the hugely overdesigned costume. And the ridiculous villains and the semen demon amazon wife. I know that I am a dirty hipster and he has had maybe 12 good stories since the 70's.