But i still laugh at all the racist jokes in the way they were originally intended to be

but i still laugh at all the racist jokes in the way they were originally intended to be
does that make me racist?
is the only PC way to watch this with a straight face and saying "hmm, yes, lots of history here, i'm glad we're more progressive today"?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=HCT1clqci3I
youtube.com/watch?v=7Nx4ekJ0i_w
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

get this Cred Forums bait the fuck outta here

A joke is only funny because it contains a grain of truth

:^)

i'm not baiting
im just curious if it's ok to laugh at jokes from something that is preceded by this warning

it depends on why you're laughing at the jokes

No, it's not okay. You'll be arrested and ass raped by niggers in prison.

>laughing at jap and german stereotypes in cartoons made during ww2
I dont feel bad at all.

youtube.com/watch?v=HCT1clqci3I

It's just a matter of contextualizing these dated cartoons. I don't really find any of the stuff with the racial caricatures funny because they're so corny, one-note, and played out. But there's no law against laughing at bad jokes so you might get away with it.

You're allowed to either despise it openly and curse the past, or laugh and feel extremely guilty about it, depending on who else is in the room with you.

i meant if i was with liberal friends who saw that warning and thought they would get some history lesson only to hear me wheezing at "coal black and de sebben dwarfs"
would i get bad looks?

I gotta admit some of those are pretty damn funny. Some things, like blackface gags, just don't have any humor for me, though. They are but a product of their time.

I'm a liberal and Coal Black is fucking hilarious.

Am a college liberal here. Shit's racist, and if you watch it with the people it's making fun of no shit you're gonna have a bad time you dumb ass.

That said, they were meant to entertain, and they were made by people who were good at what they do. Appreciate them for the work and artistry, and get that even though the jokes are funny as tits, still not really something to be encouraged.

The more risky stuff is even better today because it's so much rarer.

Yep. The important thing is to acknowledge that means you have room to improve and be a better person.

There is nothing wrong with Speedy Gonzales why do people get so butthurt about him? Mexicans and Spics in general fucking loved him!

Different groups of people feel differently about things. Who knew?

Can your people please stop feeling offended for our people?

>People still give a shit about "m-muh racism"
Who gives a shit? Laugh at spics and niggers all you want, you ain't hurting anyone

>does that make me racist?
Who cares? What's wrong with being racist? Muhammad Ali was racist and the world worshipped him.

If I could stop them I would.

But user

I'm not offended, and I'm reasonably sure I'm your people

>if you watch it with the people it's making fun of no shit you're gonna have a bad time you dumb ass.
but the people it's making fun of blacks in the south, who are almost never liberal
when i imagine liberals, it's almost always white people who exist only to make other white people feel bad for being white

Have you ever met a black person? Or a liberal?

what is this even from?
i never saw this on tv
is it like a dvd extra or something?

Also

Yeah they put it on DVDs and streaming stuff. You can't really do it on TV though since people don't just turn to a channel only at the beginning of an episode so they'd still bitch. Networks just choose not to play the episodes that would trigger sensitive types.

Although it's bullshit and they apparently still pulled some episodes anyway.

>silent generation (ages 69-86)

are they the silent generation because they're dead?

Better than Disney's retroactive censorship I tell ya what.

That and a lack of real political voice I'd bet. Not really sure though desu.

The whole "they were wrong then, and they're wrong today" thing is retarded when we get the same kind of comedy on South Park and The Boondocks. The warning should just say that those kinds of stereotypes are not appropriate for children.

It gets worse.
youtube.com/watch?v=7Nx4ekJ0i_w

weren't there black zebrataurs in there? Or was that something else?
>Sunflower is a Donkey
>Zebrataurs are Zebras
>Both are half ass
>Blacks linked with Asses
Well played Walt

personally I tend to find a lot of racism in old media funny because they tend to be so over the top in what they are showing that I can't treat it seriously even if they're trying to present it seriously(with some exceptions)

Setlle down m8. Thoses disclaimers are only to protect them from very loud people with no sense of humour. They're not really sorry for making some funny jokes.