Joe Casey Storytime Pt. 1

Going to do as the title says and post some Joe Casey comics over the next couple days. At the very least I plan on posting his Superman Adventures Series, Codeflesh, Nixon's Pals, and some Wildcats.

Also bumps are appreciated! Hopefully this thread will take off.

WHy is Cred Forums saying I'm going to have to wait a minute between posts? What is this heresy?

Bump.

>Joe Casey Superman run
Fuck yes. Best premise for a Superman run. Execution is a little eh, but it's pretty good.

Did... did Lois Lane just knowingly get that guy killed.

bump

How's everybody liking the story so far? I personally find the Hallow Men one of the best Superman stories I've read. That said, I need more Superman recommendations.

Pretty good

I'm digging it

>that last panel

Im not quite sure why that's a reference, but I appreciate it nonetheless.

Easily one of my favorite pages from his series.

Nice

Nice, I like the pacifist supes.

It does the "always another way" schtick without being really heavy handed and focusing on killing

Thanks OP, I've been meaning to check this out.

Hopefully it's better then the Loeb era stuff which I read some of a few months ago, Y2K in particular was STUFFED with great ideas but ultimately disappointing.
Then the books refused to acknowledge the future metropolis stuff, and just fucking danced around it for months and months.

I feel like a pacifist Superman is the logical progression for the character. Having him start as a brash protector of the downtrodden fighting injustice wherever it may be, he then devoted himself to using his abilities to save as many lives as possible and stop super threats in a manner that did not demand violence. Sure there's probably going to be a situation where this Superman fails at what he's trying to accomplish, but that mindsent speaks volumes.

In a single panel Superman put a stop to Marvel's Incursions. Pretzels with your favorite seasoning (Supes is mustard) were had by all.

surprised that this run never came up in any of the Hyper Crisis threads we've had before, so far it'd be a perfect fit, especially regarding the Hollow Men(feels like there could be an indirect connection between them and the Anti-Death Formula of The Gentry/Empty Hand)

Bump

I've got this set up to post until the end of issue 621. Should finish the rest of the series tomorrow relatively quickly. Anyone have any requests from Joe Casey. Stories I have include

Codeflesh
Nixon's Pals
Butcher Baker The Rightous Maker
Captain Victory
Godland
Iron Man: Invetiable
Sex
The Bounce
Wildcats Vol. 2-3
Officer Downe
Vengeance

Thank you

I vote either Nixon's Pals or Inevitable

Right now I'm leading towards Iron Man: The Inevitable if only because I picked up new scans. Afterward Nixon's Pals. Then maybe Godland if I can bring myself to commit.

I'm in love with that outfit.

Also requesting a bump just so I can finish one more issue after this one.

bump

Bump for the read

gud thred

Post flashpoint moot is tricking people into buying a pass before he closes the site and runs away with all that money.

Superman had some very good writers in early 2000s. It's sad that they didn't get to do their own thing for much time and most part of their runs were engrossed in shield era or crossovers.

I liked some of his issues. Wish he went full cosmic like in his GodLand series but with superman.

I remember his russian sub captain issue being pretty good

"DELETE THIS!"

The first Superman will never be deleted. Not for me.

BUMP FOR SURVIVAL!

This

These stories are great. How come there are so few posters? We need to get rid of the casuals on this board who don't read comics, especially those who post on movie threads without knowing the source material.

Funny.

It's crazy how much better this is than pretty much everything we've gotten for the past decade.

The problem is that Superman doesn't inspire anyone in universe. Protecting the status quo is just half-assed.

>

>Did our job today
Did I miss a page or something? They randomly sent in a military strike upon (as best they know) muliple american citizens in what was presumably an attempt to actually kill. Is that seriously under the purview of the national guard? America is a fucking scary place.

I didn't like this one as much as the first one. It didn't seem quite right to me.

This is OP here. Currently I'm waiting for a student to show up to my office and make up a test. Then at 6PM I'm gonna have to teach till 7. Thread should start up around 8 ish to 8:30 with the remaining Superman Adventures Issues and then continue with something else.

What class do you teach?

A bunch of PSYC classes.
Also new thread coming ur way.

NEW THREAD HERE!

bamp

BUMP THE OTHER THREAD! Pwease

Love when Batman shows up in Superman. Same for the other way around.

I love that Clark is occasionally super perturbed by Bruce. Emphasizes how creepy Bats can be.

bump

I prefer ACAB superman desu

>ban on interviews
Wait, is this guy a hitler-allegory?